PDA

View Full Version : It is so funny when a team beats the Miami Heat

Kushed
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
You are playing the 2 time DEFENDING champs who are gunning for their 3rd straight title.. Teams say they approach a game like this the same as they would any other and I LAUGH AT THAT.

The Nets came in to this game trying to pull out a victory so hard and could barely do so against a Miami squad that played some of their worst basketball I've seen.

So to the guy who made a thread saying they would win the title... PLEASE

What happens when they go and drop a game against the BOBCATS?

At the end of the day, teams kick it up another notch when they are playing the Heat and thats why it is nearly impossible to 3 peat. But the Heat will make the playoffs and they'll see you in a 7 game series and when they decide its time to play ball then you can just kiss your title hopes good night.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 04:34 PM
You are playing the 2 time DEFENDING champs who are gunning for their 3rd straight title.. Teams say they approach a game like this the same as they would any other and I LAUGH AT THAT.

The Nets came in to this game trying to pull out a victory so hard and could barely do so against a Miami squad that played some of their worst basketball I've seen.

So to the guy who made a thread saying they would win the title... PLEASE

What happens when they go and drop a game against the BOBCATS?

At the end of the day, teams kick it up another notch when they are playing the Heat and thats why it is nearly impossible to 3 peat. But the Heat will make the playoffs and they'll see you in a 7 game series and when they decide its time to play ball then you can just kiss your title hopes good night.

1) That thread was NOT made a by a Nets fan. Every Nets fan in that thread agrees with the Heat fans.

2) The Nets tried so hard? Based on what? Yeah of course they wanted to win but you make it sound like the Nets did all they could while the Heat were sleep walking. LeBron never performs like his usual self when he is guarded by Paul Pierce.

3) You say the Heat had a terrible game so they should have won. I say the Nets should have easily won considering AK and Deron were on min restrictions(12 and 20 respective), and Brook Lopez didn't play in the 4th due to foul trouble and terrible coaching. Not to mention all the uncharacteristic missed FTs.

4) You need to stop getting your feelings hurt and need to actually read the thread. Like I said earlier no Nets fan agreed with the OP and the OP isn't even a Nets fan.

You just made yourself look very stupid.

Kushed
11-02-2013, 04:39 PM
1) That thread was NOT made a by a Nets fan. Every Nets fan in that thread agrees with the Heat fans.

2) The Nets tried so hard? Based on what? Yeah of course they wanted to win but you make it sound like the Nets did all they could while the Heat were sleep walking. LeBron never performs like his usual self when he is guarded by Paul Pierce.

3) You say the Heat had a terrible game so they should have won. I say the Nets should have easily won considering AK and Deron were on min restrictions(12 and 20 respective), and Brook Lopez didn't play in the 4th due to foul trouble and terrible coaching. Not to mention all the uncharacteristic missed FTs.

4) You need to stop getting your feelings hurt and need to actually read the thread. Like I said earlier no Nets fan agreed with the OP and the OP isn't even a Nets fan.

This has nothing to do with Nets fans lol......

People don't realize how different a game against the Heat is compared to any other game. Like I said, coaches and players will say the right things and act as if it is just any other game but it isn't. Especially when you have Pierce and KG who both hate the Heat.

I don't think the Nets even played their best ball either but I think they were way more pumped for that game than the Heat were... and this is what I've come to expect from the Heat.. they'll drop games in the regular season cause they are on auto pilot but when its time to kick it into that next gear then its game over

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 04:42 PM
1. Lakers homer/perennial Lebron hater (illusionist) made that thread.

2. Bobcats? Please they already lost to the Sixers who were predicted to be even worse than them.

3. This will continue to happen every time the Heat go on a slump as long as they are elite. Get used to it man. If you're a Heat fan, take it as a compliment - someone went out of their way to make a THREAD just for losing one game. That's what I would get out of it.

ewing
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Those Nets trying hard, I think that's cheating

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM

ha. I don't think he was hating on Nets fans at all. Just the mindset of anyone beating the heat/heat being on a slump. damn, you got really defensive about that.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 04:48 PM
ha. I don't think he was hating on Nets fans at all. Just the mindset of anyone beating the heat/heat being on a slump. damn, you got really defensive about that.

Oh, misread it.

Well yeah I did get defensive about it because typically what happens is exactly what I thought happened.

BTW I'm on the second part of season 5, I'm pissed that Gus had to die...he was my favorite character :(

beasted86
11-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Well it is true the HEAT have a 2nd and maybe 3rd gear to grind out and dig deep to overcome and play from behind that some other teams don't have. But the point remains every team plays the game to win, it just wasn't the HEAT's night last night.

They turned the ball over at some really crazy times... LeBron refused to play from the post most of the night, even though some of the few times he did, they got buckets. They essentially forgot Chris Bosh was on the team in the 2nd half and didn't go to him at all. And most importantly, the team just couldn't get legit stops. Aside from parts of game 1 against Chicago... the team's pressing and trapping has been weak. The team just doesn't have the usual recovery speed to get to the shooters. Even against Chicago, Deng and others just missed wide open gimmes.

beasted86
11-02-2013, 04:53 PM
1. Lakers homer/perennial Lebron hater (illusionist) made that thread.

2. Bobcats? Please they already lost to the Sixers who were predicted to be even worse than them.

3. This will continue to happen every time the Heat go on a slump as long as they are elite. Get used to it man. If you're a Heat fan, take it as a compliment - someone went out of their way to make a THREAD just for losing one game. That's what I would get out of it.

Yup, this^

Pretty sure OP is not a HEAT fan though.

dnl123
11-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Nets are gonna be solid. They have a legit shot to dethrone the Heat so it's okay for Nets fans to say they're excited. That said it's so early to make any real prediction.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Oh, misread it.

Well yeah I did get defensive about it because typically what happens is exactly what I thought happened.

BTW I'm on the second part of season 5, I'm pissed that Gus had to die...he was my favorite character :(

Haha yeah i know what you mean man. that's happened at least 4-5 times this past year - usually a Knicks fan posting a bait thread.

Me tooo. One of my all-time favorite characters in any TV show.

ztilzer31
11-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Illusionist and Amos1er are the reasons I rarely post in the NBA forum anymore.

It blows my mind that they aren't perma banned yet.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Illusionist and Amos1er are the reasons I rarely post in the NBA forum anymore.

It blows my mind that they aren't perma banned yet.

Worse than DoMeFavors?!

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 06:12 PM
The Heat will not be attending this years finals, book it!

ATX
11-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Worse than DoMeFavors?!

By light years my friend, light years.

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I do enjoy watching the Heat lose.

I only root for Heat vs. the Knicks.

I'd root for Heat for Lakers also, if Lakers were good.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Worse than DoMeFavors?!

Yes. DoMeFavors is a troll, these guys are just genuinely stupid.

conway429
11-02-2013, 08:16 PM
ugh, teams don't try harder against the Heat or any other team. it's so dumb to think that.

Max.This
11-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I hate the nets as much as the next guy. If you look at the minutes distribution. No one played over 30 minutes besides Paul pierce and he played 31. The big 3 played atleast 34 minutes with Lebron playing 42. The HEAT have competition unlike the previous 2 years and if they win this year, it'd be their most difficult task completed yet.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
I hate the nets as much as the next guy. If you look at the minutes distribution. No one played over 30 minutes besides Paul pierce and he played 31. The big 3 played atleast 34 minutes with Lebron playing 42. The HEAT have competition unlike the previous 2 years and if they win this year, it'd be their most difficult task completed yet.

People hate the Nets? I thought people usually hated franchises that have success.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 09:28 PM
ugh, teams don't try harder against the Heat or any other team. it's so dumb to think that.

This is only somewhat true.

Most teams do indeed try to bring their A+++++ game when playing the defending champs.

smith&wesson
11-02-2013, 09:47 PM
trying hard lol.... I would def hope every team tried hard to win.

conway429
11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
This is only somewhat true.

Most teams do indeed try to bring their A+++++ game when playing the defending champs.

and how does one consciously bring their A+ game?
I don't think they 'try' any different, but they might 'hope' to bring their A game. they might be a little more excited going into the arena that day, but they don't all of a sudden turn a switch to perform better than they would against other teams.

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Comparing the Nets to the Bobcats is so insulting. Not once in that Heat game did the Heat look like the better team. Nets are here to stay.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
and how does one consciously bring their A+ game?
I don't think they 'try' any different, but they might 'hope' to bring their A game. they might be a little more excited going into the arena that day, but they don't all of a sudden turn a switch to perform better than they would against other teams.

Maybe trying harder was the wrong choice of words.

Teams do get more fired up when they play good teams whereas when they play bad teams they aren't as fired up.

Players do admit this.

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 10:13 PM
People hate the Nets? I thought people usually hated franchises that have success.

Yes. The hate is newly developed, and it should be taken by Net fans as a very big compliment, as Nets have been ignored for most of the last decade.

And as some Net fans post so ridiculously, some fans of other teams should justifiably hate the Nets.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes. The hate is newly developed, and it should be taken by Net fans as a very big compliment, as Nets have been ignored for most of the last decade.

And as some Net fans post so ridiculously, some fans of other teams should justifiably hate the Nets.

Well, if that's a reason to hate a team then I hate every team in the NBA including the Nets.

ztilzer31
11-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Worse than DoMeFavors?!

DoMeFavors was pretty dumb, but at least he got banned. Illusionist and Amos1er just say dumb things and go off topic constantly.

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 10:24 PM
DoMeFavors was pretty dumb, but at least he got banned. Illusionist and Amos1er just say dumb things and go off topic constantly.

???

ztilzer31
11-02-2013, 10:31 PM
???

Well yeah not permanently, but didn't you get like a 6 monther? Back when you were trying to convince everyone that the Heat weren't going to win the championship because Brooklyn had a team "built for the playoffs".

Something like that.

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Well yeah not permanently, but didn't you get like a 6 monther? Back when you were trying to convince everyone that the Heat weren't going to win the championship because Brooklyn had a team "built for the playoffs".

Something like that.

No I didnt its called spending time with my new born and my wife

conway429
11-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Maybe trying harder was the wrong choice of words.

Teams do get more fired up when they play good teams whereas when they play bad teams they aren't as fired up.

Players do admit this.

I agree that they might get fired up, but I think its nuts to think this improves their game (as OP suggested).
being fired up doesn't mean you're gonna shoot a better FG%. just like if a player has family come see the game or he's back in his hometown, doesn't have any effect on his performance.

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Well, if that's a reason to hate a team then I hate every team in the NBA including the Nets.

Congratulations. You have finally discovered what NBA forums are all about.

I've been reprimanded in forums, including this one, with the words 'Hate the post, not the poster'.

Those are not words that I agree with.