PDA

View Full Version : Evan Turner "Me and Sixers are going in different directions"

spreadeagle
11-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Evan Turner is one of three players remaining on the rebuilding Sixers roster who are talented enough to have some trade value on the open market.

Along with Spencer Hawes and Thaddeus Young, it’s even likely that if an offer of young assets or future draft picks should come along, one or all three players could be dealt before the midseason trade deadline is upon us.

Turner certainly sounded like someone who wants out, after failing to receive a contract extension from Philadelphia before Thursday’s deadline.

From Jason Wolf of USA Today:

“[First-year 76ers general manager Sam] Hinkie is not my GM. He doesn’t owe me anything,” Turner said Friday before the Sixers played the Washington Wizards at the Verizon Center. “… We’re going in different directions and everything like that.” …

Turner previously said he expected to be traded during the offseason after the Sixers dealt All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday to the New Orleans Pelicans for rookie center Nerlens Noel and a first-round draft pick in 2014. He remains unsure if he’ll last the season in Philadelphia, let alone return next season.

“I really don’t know, to tell you the truth,” Turner said. “[Hinkie] just traded Jrue, and Jrue is like a walking legend, you know what I’m saying? Even Wilt Chamberlain got traded, right?” http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/02/evan-turner-says-hinkie-is-not-my-gm-after-failing-to-receive-a-contract-extension-from-sixers/

JEDean89
11-02-2013, 02:40 PM
man with the pelicans 0-2 they may have 2 top picks in next years draft. Putting Exum and Randle next to MCW/Turner/Noel with Young off the bench would be a nasty young core.

KG2TB
11-02-2013, 02:49 PM
If you think Jrue is a walking legend you should be traded....to the looney bin.

tmacsc2
11-02-2013, 03:19 PM
If you think Jrue is a walking legend you should be traded....to the looney bin.

Bahahaha yeah, what in the world was that?

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
well, in his defense, he was not extended by his new GM, and then watched his GM shell anything he could away to obviously suck. This after being a fairly good team his first few seasons. He feels like the odd man out, and rightfully so.

I still support what Hinke is doing though, 100%.

A_Bynum_sucks
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
When speaking about Holiday, Turner forgot to add...walking Legend....In his OWN Mind!!!

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 03:24 PM
When speaking about Holiday, Turner forgot to add...walking Legend....In his OWN Mind!!!

Same can be said about your username...

A_Bynum_sucks
11-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Same can be said about your username...

No. Anyone with half a Brain knows that Andrew Bynum does Suck...and always has.

dhopisthename
man with the pelicans 0-2 they may have 2 top picks in next years draft. Putting Exum and Randle next to MCW/Turner/Noel with Young off the bench would be a nasty young core.

I know there is protection on the pick something like top 6 protected

2-ONE-5
cant make the players tank. most of these guys on the roster are playing for contracts and they will play hard no matter what is expected of em.

GiantsSwaGG
11-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Damn everyone on Wiggins balls

TrueFan420
11-02-2013, 03:34 PM
No. Anyone with half a Brain knows that Andrew Bynum does Suck...and always has.

Bynum does not suck. Dude was very talented but a combination of horrible mindset and injuries have hampered a player that could have had a very good career.

2-ONE-5
11-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Bynum does not suck. Dude was very talented but a combination of horrible mindset and injuries have hampered a player that could have had a very good career.

dont engage with him. he is a terrible terrible troll who makes stuff up all the time. see my sig.

Kushed
11-02-2013, 03:42 PM
wiggins overrated as hell and i hope 10 teams try to tank for him and then he busts

Swashcuff
11-02-2013, 03:45 PM
dont engage with him. he is a terrible terrible troll who makes stuff up all the time. see my sig.

I placed him on my ignore list months ago, I am SHOCKED to see that the Mods have allowed him to remain on the forum.

JEDean89
11-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I know there is protection on the pick something like top 6 protected

oh, well call it Exum and Aaron Gordon. this draft is going 10 deep for potential future allstars. 1-7 are ridiculous. i probably expect Pelicans to be in that 9-10 seed anyway, gordon, jrue, and davis are all too good to be a bottom team.

JEDean89
11-02-2013, 03:53 PM
wiggins overrated as hell and i hope 10 teams try to tank for him and then he busts

well when you are 6'7 with a great wingspan and a 44" vert and a terrific all around game at 18 then you can't be too overrated. i get that he hasn't done anything yet but he's way ahead of everyone else his age.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2013, 04:34 PM

pick is top 5 protected

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Damn everyone on Wiggins balls

No just you...literally in your dreams I mean

torocan
11-02-2013, 04:37 PM

I get that you may feel he's over-rated (he hasn't done anything yet), but why would you hope he busts? What has the kid ever done to you? =P

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM
I get that you may feel he's over-rated (he hasn't done anything yet), but why would you hope he busts? What has the kid ever done to you? =P

All this guy does is troll and hate, don't take his bait

IKnowHoops
11-02-2013, 05:50 PM
It's about Increasing our odds at Okafor in 2015. A kid who at 15 is bigger and stronger then Shaq was at 25. A player who at 15 is already MILES ahead talent wise then Olajuwan was at 28. And a player who I GUARANTEE you at 18 will be a 32 Pt, 25 Rebound and 11 Block a game player in the NBA!

What is this nonsense? This has to be settled. BYNUM SUCKS, do you stand by this or do you admit you were hammered when you typed this?

pd1dish
11-02-2013, 06:10 PM

lol those "facts" and assumptions are completely outrageous

2-ONE-5
11-02-2013, 06:13 PM
What is this nonsense? This has to be settled. BYNUM SUCKS, do you stand by this or do you admit you were hammered when you typed this?

there are tons more like this. Always makes ridiculous statements and never provides any links or anything to back it up.

A_Bynum_sucks
11-02-2013, 06:20 PM

Okay, I will answer you, even though I am sure YOU have the Intelligence that poster 2-one-5 does not. When I wrote that...regarding 2015 draft prospect " Okafor "...I was being SARCASTIC.!! I thin k anyone of NORMAL Intelligence would reckognise this. But the term " NORMAL INTELLIGENCE " does not apply to 2-one-5.

But since you wanted clarity...I thought I would answer you sir.

Asik's better
11-02-2013, 08:41 PM
76ers should move Hawes once Noels is 100%. But they have harder decisions to make on young and turner. Both are still only 25 and could be important parts of 76ers next play-off run. But on the other hand they could make the 76ers average and keep them from getting high picks and they may cost too much to keep.

goingfor28
11-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Would be pretty funny actually

2-ONE-5
11-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Okay, I will answer you, even though I am sure YOU have the Intelligence that poster 2-one-5 does not. When I wrote that...regarding 2015 draft prospect " Okafor "...I was being SARCASTIC.!! I thin k anyone of NORMAL Intelligence would reckognise this. But the term " NORMAL INTELLIGENCE " does not apply to 2-one-5.

But since you wanted clarity...I thought I would answer you sir.

no you werent and you defender it after you said it for a while. just poke into the sixers forum from time to time you can see all outrageous claims this dude makes

topdog
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
So, I clicked on this thread to read about Turner and all I found was a bunch of trolling... Thank you NBA forum!

b@llhog24
11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
He's not good enought to think that...

2-ONE-5
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
at the moment he is