PDA

View Full Version : The Brooklyn Nets...

Pages : [1] 2

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Will win the 2014 championship.

It will be a rough Eastern conference playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them in a seven game series. They might not be the youngest and most athletic team, but boy are they stacked with b+ talent. Once they get their chemistry down they will be scary good. The only thing I see stoping them from tearing through everyone is injuries and age. Discuss!

Slug3
11-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Of course, just like the Bulls in 2010, Celtics in 2011 and the Pacers last year. All these teams were "supposed" to beat Miami.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Of course, just like the Bulls in 2010, Celtics in 2011 and the Pacers last year. All these teams were "supposed" to beat Miami.

You guys had a cake walk through the East last year, and got lucky Westbrook was out for the playoffs. This year will be a whole different story. The Heat will actually have to face good teams this year. I don't see the Heat beating the Pacers, or Nets.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:22 PM

It will be a rough Eastern conference playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them in a seven game series. They might not be the youngest and most athletic team, but boy are they stacked with b+ talent. Once they get their chemistry down they will be scary good. The only thing I see stoping them from tearing through everyone is injuries and age. Discuss!

The Sixers will win the 2014 championship.

It will be a rough Eastern conference playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them in a seven game series. They might not be the oldest and most experienced team but boy are they stacked with Michael Carter Williams. Once they get their chemistry down they will be scary good. The only thing I see stoping them from tearing through everybody is a tanking mindset in the front office and Michael Carter Williams not wanting to humiliate the competition too much. Discuss!

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
the NBA season is a test of mental and physical toughness. Lets see who is still standing and playing well after game 90, not game 2.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Premature.

On November 2nd of last year the Knicks beat the Heat by 20.

Miami then went on to destroy the league.

I think the Nets will be very good, and could make it the ECF, but lets not get carried away after one good win.

FOBolous
11-02-2013, 01:30 PM
You guys had a cake walk through the East last year, and got lucky Westbrook was out for the playoffs. This year will be a whole different story. The Heat will actually have to face good teams this year. I don't see the Heat beating the Pacers, or Nets.

to be fair, the Heats did not had a cake walk. They were exposed and almost lost to the Pacers. If anything, last year's playoffs showed that the Heat can be beat. Any team with a dominating Center have a chance of beating the Heat.

RLundi
11-02-2013, 01:30 PM
I do t think so, but I do think they'll be a decent team this year. I'm not fond of their age, or Kidd for that matter as a rookie coach, but I think they'll contend. It would surprise me if they beat Miami, or even Indiana and Chicago, in a long series.

D-Will needs to take over the team already. Geez, where is the "2nd best PG in the league, maybe better than CP3" Deron? If he reverts back and they stay healthy, they leap ahead of Chicago for the 3 spot.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 01:34 PM
The Sixers will win the 2014 championship.

It will be a rough Eastern conference playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them in a seven game series. They might not be the oldest and most experienced team but boy are they stacked with Michael Carter Williams. Once they get their chemistry down they will be scary good. The only thing I see stoping them from tearing through everybody is a tanking mindset in the front office and Michael Carter Williams not wanting to humiliate the competition too much. Discuss!

The Bobcats will win the 2014 championship.

It will be a rough Eastern conference playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them in a seven game series. Boy are they stacked with Bismack Biyombo. Once they get their chemistry down they will be scary good. The only thing I see stoping them from tearing through everybody is MJ winning another 1v1 against his players taking away their confidence. Discuss!

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:35 PM

It will be a rough Eastern conference playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them in a seven game series. Boy are they stacked with Bismack Biyombo. Once they get their chemistry down they will be scary good. The only thing I see stoping them from tearing through everybody is MJ winning another 1v1 against his players taking away their confidence. Discuss!

:cheers: :laugh:

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 01:37 PM
:cheers: :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sneaky
11-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Will bump when Heat 3peat.

:laugh2:

kdspurman
11-02-2013, 01:41 PM
the NBA season is a test of mental and physical toughness. Lets see who is still standing and playing well after game 90, not game 2.

Yup... And of course there is some health/luck involved

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 01:41 PM

This is not an over reaction thread to them beating the Heat I might add. The Nets are the real deal. They have a team of proven winners and hungary vets. They will be a force this year.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Wasn't funny the first time, second time was even lamer.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:45 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hotdalton18
Lmao what a joke

I guess the 76ers could beat the heat in 7 to huh?

Hawkeye15
This is not an over reaction thread to them beating the Heat I might add. The Nets are the real deal. They have a team of proven winners and hungary vets. They will be a force this year.

the age of their players worries me, as does having a rookie coach with a roster whose window closes by the year due to the miles on their players.

In a perfect world, their aging players see plenty of rest, and injuries don't pile up on them by the end of the season. But its just hard to believe they stay healthy enough, or that Kidd is ready to coach a contender. Remember, all of these guys played against him. I am not sure Kidd was ready for this.

Teams like the Nets are trying to prove something now. Teams like Miami (or the Spurs, Lakers from past), are just getting back in the groove now, and know the real games don't start for months.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I think what separates the Nets from the rest of the East is that they have 5 starters who can go for 25+ on any given night and 3 bench guys who can go for 15+ on any given night. You cant double team anybody on this team

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I think the Sixers are Heat killers. Carter Williams is a quadruple double threat, Hawbeast dominates in the paint, Evan Turner is the next Tmac. This is all based on the game the other night.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 01:47 PM
the age of their players worries me, as does having a rookie coach with a roster whose window closes by the year due to the miles on their players.

In a perfect world, their aging players see plenty of rest, and injuries don't pile up on them by the end of the season. But its just hard to believe they stay healthy enough, or that Kidd is ready to coach a contender. Remember, all of these guys played against him. I am not sure Kidd was ready for this.

Teams like the Nets are trying to prove something now. Teams like Miami (or the Spurs, Lakers from past), are just getting back in the groove now, and know the real games don't start for months.

KIdd already see's the value of rest. It has been done with an even Older team in SAS so it can surely be done. He has said the game over Miami means nothing because this is a marathon. He knows what is at stake. Your idea that the Nets are trying to prove something in November is not based in reality. Or Deron wouldn't have been benched in the 4th qtr of our loss to CLE to preserve his health.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 01:47 PM

Wasn't funny when you did it either.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 01:49 PM
KIdd already see's the value of rest. It has been done with an even Older team in SAS so it can surely be done.

over 82 games? That is the question. And trust me, between KG, Pierce, Terry, and AK, you will have plenty of games missed due to injury. Just have to hope those games don't come late.

Again, I never understand why people jump the gun so early. The Nets have as much to prove as any "contender", and more so than Miami or San Antonio for sure.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Lmao what a joke

I guess the 76ers could beat the heat in 7 to huh?
The 76ers have 5 allstars starting for them?

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 01:50 PM

Teams like the Nets are trying to prove something now. Teams like Miami (or the Spurs, Lakers from past), are just getting back in the groove now, and know the real games don't start for months.No doubt, that's why I said the only thing that could stop them is their health. If everything goes as planned for them and the stay healthy, the East is in trouble IMO. The Nets are built almost perfect.

I think what separates the Nets from the rest of the East is that they have 5 starters who can go for 25+ on any given night and 3 bench guys who can go for 15+ on any given night. You cant double team anybody on this teamExactly my point, they have so much fire power it's not even funny.

I think the Sixers are Heat killers. Carter Williams is a quadruple double threat, Hawbeast dominates in the paint, Evan Turner is the next Tmac. This is all based on the game the other night.

Get out of here if you don't want to be serious about the thread, none of your posts are funny.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 01:51 PM
over 82 games? That is the question. And trust me, between KG, Pierce, Terry, and AK, you will have plenty of games missed due to injury. Just have to hope those games don't come late.

Again, I never understand why people jump the gun so early. The Nets have as much to prove as any "contender", and more so than Miami or San Antonio for sure.

The Nets have alot to prove in May and June. All the rhetoric from Kidd is that health and finishing the season strong is what matters. AKA the San ANtoinio way. If we finish as the 5 said and everyone is healthy and the team is gelled I'm fine with that.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 01:52 PM

I think Kemba has shown the ability to be DPOY this year, averaging almost 4 steals and 1 block. Bismack Biyombo is an amazing two-way player now (and a double double machine) who has an improved jumpshot. And now with the addition of Al Jefferson who could be the greatest low post player of all time and one of the best benches in the NBA, the Cats almost looked like a team DESIGNED to beat the Heat. If they let Kemba guard LeBron and they play AJ and Bismack 48 minutes a game, I think the Bobcats could sweep the Heat, quite honestly.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:52 PM
The 76ers have 5 allstars starting for them?

Uh what? The Nets will be lucky if one player makes the all star team this year. Deron isn't getting in over Rose/Irving. KG isn't getting in at this point most likely, neither is Pierce. Joe Johnson won't get in over Wade/George. Their only good shot at an all star spot this year is Lopez. KG has a halfway decent shot... outside of that pretty much no chance IMO.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Classic Over reaction to the victory yesterday. If the Heat ended up blowing out the Nets last night this thread wouldn't have been created.

We are the 2 time champions who been to the finals 3 years straight. We are the team to beat plain and simple. IMO the biggest challenge this year for the Heat again are the Indiana Pacers, they improved their bench which was their weakness.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I think Kemba has shown the ability to be DPOY this year, averaging almost 4 steals and 1 block. Bismack Biyombo is an amazing two-way player now (and a double double machine) who has an improved jumpshot. And now with the addition of Al Jefferson who could be the greatest low post player of all time and one of the best benches in the NBA, the Cats almost looked like a team DESIGNED to beat the Heat. If they let Kemba guard LeBron and they play AJ and Bismack 48 minutes a game, I think the Bobcats could sweep the Heat, quite honestly.

Finally somebody comes and drops knowledge in this thread! Would rep you if possible man, great stuff. OP you can learn from this man. LMAO.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Finally somebody comes and drops knowledge in this thread! Would rep you if possible man, great stuff. OP you can learn from this man. LMAO.

Yeah man and the Bobcats just get so many HIGHLIGHTS.

lol illusionist poopyhead

N3TS
11-02-2013, 02:01 PM
As much as I would love to believe the Nets will come out on top by the end of the season, it's far too early to be sure. So many different variables come into play late in the season, like injuries, veteran player minutes throughout the year, fatigue, and many other things. Although I do believe that this will be the Heat's toughest year, besides the emergence of other eastern conference rivals, LeBron has played 284 games in the last 3 seasons, not including his play with Team USA and I'm sure Bosh and Wade have a similar number of games played as well. All and all the Heat will be the team to beat still, but the Heat will have to worry about managing some of the minutes of their star players as well as battling in the east.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Nets fans explain to me why some people are hyping a game in which you lead by 13-15 whenever I tuned in in the second half... only to win by 1 after obviously allowing a big comeback at some point? Like if anything as a Nets fan I'd be at least a little concerned or neutral, definitely not cocky. The Sixers beat Miami more convincingly than the Nets did.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Nets fans explain to me why some people are hyping a game in which you lead by 13-15 whenever I tuned in in the second half... only to win by 1 after obviously allowing a big comeback at some point? Like if anything as a Nets fan I'd be at least a little concerned or neutral, definitely not cocky. The Sixers beat Miami more convincingly than the Nets did.
Your acting like Miami is some scrub team. THey are 2x champions for a reason. A win is a win. You dont get style points for how you win.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Uh what? The Nets will be lucky if one player makes the all star team this year. Deron isn't getting in over Rose/Irving. KG isn't getting in at this point most likely, neither is Pierce. Joe Johnson won't get in over Wade/George. Their only good shot at an all star spot this year is Lopez. KG has a halfway decent shot... outside of that pretty much no chance IMO.
way to completely miss the point

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Your acting like Miami is some scrub team. THey are 2x champions for a reason. A win is a win. You dont get style points for how you win.

You don't believe the 76ers could beat the Heat? They have so many tools. MCW is a quad dub threat EVERY NIGHT. If LeBron tries to go against him 1 on 1 he will just poke the ball out. Feed LeBron in the post against MCW and he's getting that **** poked again. There is no answer for MCW. He will outrebound you, find the right guy, defend the **** out of you, and all while committing minimal turnovers. He's like LeBron x 1.0771.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:10 PM

Sure a win is a win... but don't talk about the team like they are world beaters after pulling off a 1 point win at home. If the Nets were as good as you're saying (5 all stars lol) they wouldn't have needed luck in the last minute of the game. Now.. I'm not saying the Nets aren't built to give Miami problems matchup wise, because I feel they are. But we haven't seen enough to make bold claims like winning championships after 2 games, relax. Don't forget the Cavs beat you a couple days ago.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Don't let the one point win fool you, box score gangster. The Heat hit a series of lucky threes to bring it that close.
Classic Over reaction to the victory yesterday. If the Heat ended up blowing out the Nets last night this thread wouldn't have been created.

We are the 2 time champions who been to the finals 3 years straight. We are the team to beat plain and simple. IMO the biggest challenge this year for the Heat again are the Indiana Pacers, they improved their bench which was their weakness.

But you didn't beat them did you? The Nets have yet to built any chemistry or momentum and still beat you guys. They will be a force come playoff time.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:11 PM
You don't believe the 76ers could beat the Heat? They have so many tools. MCW is a quad dub threat EVERY NIGHT. If LeBron tries to go against him 1 on 1 he will just poke the ball out. Feed LeBron in the post against MCW and he's getting that **** poked again. There is no answer for MCW. He will outrebound you, find the right guy, defend the **** out of you, and all while committing minimal turnovers. He's like LeBron x 1.0771.

Yup! Tell em.

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 02:11 PM

Because Nets won?

There is no column in the standings for 'Convincingly'

N3TS
11-02-2013, 02:12 PM

Anytime a team beats Miami this year, those fans are going to get excited. I can't speak for everyone also, just like you can't, but you mean to tell me that Clippers fans wouldn't get excited after a win against the Heat?

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Sure a win is a win... but don't talk about the team like they are world beaters after pulling off a 1 point win at home. If the Nets were as good as you're saying (5 all stars lol) they wouldn't have needed luck in the last minute of the game. Now.. I'm not saying the Nets aren't built to give Miami problems matchup wise, because I feel they are. But we haven't seen enough to make bold claims like winning championships after 2 games, relax. Don't forget the Cavs beat you a couple days ago.
A win is a win. What luck? We led pretty much every minute of that game. Miami hit 3 3-pointers in the last minute. That is luck.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 02:13 PM

What the hell are you talking about lucky? The Nets basically lead the whole game. The Heat are the lucky ones who hit a series of random shots. Watch the games not the box scores kid.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Yup! Tell em.

And you have to think about the other players too. Evan Turner is basically the greatest SF of all time in terms of passing and Thad Young is EASILY the most athletic PF of all time AND one of the greatest shooting forwards in the game. Spencer Hawes is a rebounding MACHINE and if you leave him open from outside he's basically Matt Bonner 2.0.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:15 PM
A win is a win. What luck? We led pretty much every minute of that game. Miami hit 3 3-pointers in the last minute. That is luck.

Luck in the sense that it even came down to Miami having a couple chances to win or take the lead in the last minute or two. Both teams experienced some sort of luck or lack of it in that time.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 02:16 PM
What the hell are you talking about lucky? The Nets basically lead the whole game. The Heat are the lucky ones who hit a series of random shots. Watch the games not the box scores kid.

Yea he clearly didn't watch the game. Miami is hitting contested fade-away 3 pointers in the final seconds and we are the ones who got lucky. OK

N3TS

+1

Clippersfan86
Anytime a team beats Miami this year, those fans are going to get excited. I can't speak for everyone also, just like you can't, but you mean to tell me that Clippers fans wouldn't get excited after a win against the Heat?

Well considering that in the last 3 years or so we have beaten them more than lost to them, I'm over the whole thing. Last year our bench blew Miami's starters out and that was like a month or two into the season if I recall. So yes a win against a team like Miami is worth being happy about, but not getting arrogant about so early in the season.

ThaDubs
Luck in the sense that it even came down to Miami having a couple chances to win or take the lead in the last minute or two. Both teams experienced some sort of luck or lack of it in that time.

I just realized something. Nets beat Heat yet lost to Cavs... CAVS 2014 NBA CHAMPS???????

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I just realized something. Nets beat Heat yet lost to Cavs... CAVS 2014 NBA CHAMPS???????

:clap: better start printing that banner to hang now seamstresses!

N3TS
11-02-2013, 02:18 PM

In that case almost every game a team experiences some sort of luck or lack of it, so what your point?

5ass
11-02-2013, 02:18 PM

not one of their players is Hungarian.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 02:20 PM

No sorry! The Nets had the win in the bag.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Well considering that in the last 3 years or so we have beaten them more than lost to them, I'm over the whole thing. Last year our bench blew Miami's starters out and that was like a month or two into the season if I recall. So yes a win against a team like Miami is worth being happy about, but not getting arrogant about so early in the season.
Did you consider yourself arrogant when ESPN had the Clippers #1 in the power rankings last season?

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:21 PM
No sorry! The Nets had the win in the bag.

Just like they have the championship in the bag after starting the season 1-1.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Did you consider yourself arrogant when ESPN had the Clippers #1 in the power rankings last season?

When? At the halfway point when we were a league best 32-9 with the 3rd best offense and defense in the NBA? We deserved to be called the best at that very moment. Right after that injuries came, Vinny lost the team and things went to sh**. Although that wasn't my ranking so why would I call myself arrogant lmao?

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Just like they have the championship in the bag after starting the season 1-1.It's my predition, and a solid one at that. I'll make another one, The Clippers will end the season with the same amount of championships as they have now 0!

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:25 PM
It's my predition, and a solid one at that. I'll make another one, The Clippers will end the season with the same amount of championships as they have now 0!

What is a predition?

N3TS
11-02-2013, 02:27 PM

How am I being arrogant? Please explain?

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
What is a predition?

Oh nozzzzzzzzzz, I forgot a letter!!!!!!! please not the grammar police!!!!

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
When? At the halfway point when we were a league best 32-9 with the 3rd best offense and defense in the NBA? We deserved to be called the best at that very moment. Right after that injuries came, Vinny lost the team and things went to sh**. Although that wasn't my ranking so why would I call myself arrogant lmao?

So your pretty much mad at Nets fans for thinking we have a really good team that has yet to gel.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 02:31 PM
So your pretty much mad at Nets fans for thinking we have a really good team that has yet to gel.

No I'm calling Nets fans out for predicting a championship after a 1-1 start and saying they have 5 all stars (when in actuality only Brook Lopez will be probably).

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 02:38 PM
No I'm calling Nets fans out for predicting a championship after a 1-1 start and saying they have 5 all stars (when in actuality only Brook Lopez will be probably).

Tristan Thompson > Brook Lopez.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 02:38 PM

When you have 5 former "allstars" every bodies numbers will take a hit. Obviously likely only 1 or 2 guys might make it this year. There are not enough shots to go around. What Net fan is predicting championship?

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 02:39 PM
The Nets have alot to prove in May and June. All the rhetoric from Kidd is that health and finishing the season strong is what matters. AKA the San ANtoinio way. If we finish as the 5 said and everyone is healthy and the team is gelled I'm fine with that.

for sure the ideal scenario for you guys. Though having HCA against a Miami, Indy, or Chicago would help. But health and chemistry outweighs that.

The biggest problem with the Nets, is their window is very short. They have no salary cap money, and gave away a ton of picks, so the aging stars and role players are only going to get older now. Their time is right now, or I fear age and no financial flexibility will kill them the following few years.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
for sure the ideal scenario for you guys. Though having HCA against a Miami, Indy, or Chicago would help. But health and chemistry outweighs that.

The biggest problem with the Nets, is their window is very short. They have no salary cap money, and gave away a ton of picks, so the aging stars and role players are only going to get older now. Their time is right now, or I fear age and no financial flexibility will kill them the following few years.

2016 my friend. If this all becomes a fluke and we're just a 5-8 seed after this season we still have that year to completely ball out in free agency. The picks are always important but we can't hold out for a player that's still in high school. We have flexibility sooner than most think.

Fnom11
11-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Heat played incredibly bad last night and still almost won....that's a bad sign for the Nets lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Heat played incredibly bad last night and still almost won....that's a bad sign for the Nets lol

You guys played the exact same... bad sign for you guys if anything since they are a newly constructed team.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Except I'm a Laker fan, who doesn't even like New York...

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Nets played a solid game and the heat didn't and they won... can we just leave it at that? Why do people start making predictions over one game lol its so ridiculous... How many times we seen teams beat the heat in the regular season, overreact and get excited only to see their team get eliminated by us in the playoffs.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Thought this wavey making the thread and was gonna post an obligatory "chill out dude."

But illusionist? Now I'm just embarrassed.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 03:12 PM

Highly doubt it actually. We'll be championship contenders next two years. By the time Garnett/Pierce retire, Lopez will be in his absolute prime, we'll still have Dwill and Joe. Brooklyn will be a place for players to WANT to take paycuts for (already see that this year) and we'll be fine for the next years. After that, FREE AGENCY baby.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Thought this wavey making the thread and was gonna post an obligatory "chill out dude."

But illusionist? Now I'm just embarrassed.

Lmao

Bring The Heat
You sound really convinced that the nets will take out the heat in the playoffs after one regular season game lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
Nets played a solid game and the heat didn't and they won... can we just leave it at that? Why do people start making predictions over one game lol its so ridiculous... How many times we seen teams beat the heat in the regular season, overreact and get excited only to see their team get eliminated by us in the playoffs.
I already stated that this doesn't have to do with last nights game. The Nets are forreal this year. They are built exactly how you want your team to look.

But illusionist? Now I'm just embarrassed.Sad I have more faith in your team than you do.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 03:15 PM
2016 my friend. If this all becomes a fluke and we're just a 5-8 seed after this season we still have that year to completely ball out in free agency. The picks are always important but we can't hold out for a player that's still in high school. We have flexibility sooner than most think.

in NY, 2016 is a looooooooong ways away haha

And do you really expect your owner to have financial discipline in these next 2 years? Under him, I fear you will rarely be anywhere near the hard tax line. And I don't think he cares.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 03:15 PM
No surprise here, every year EVEN after 2 back to back championships people still doubt the heat because of a stupid regular season loss.. it's quite comical at this point.

alexander_37
11-02-2013, 03:16 PM
What leads you to this delusion? Garnett? Joe Johnson? :laugh:

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I already stated that this doesn't have to do with last nights game. The Nets are forreal this year. They are built exactly how you want your team to look.
Sad I have more faith in your team than you do.

The only reason you have more faith than him and the only reason you even started this thread is because you hate LeBron. Any team with a shot at beating LeBron's Heat you will instantly support... especially during a time where your Lakers are totally irrelevant and aren't even making the playoffs. Go Nets! Yay!

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Highly doubt it actually. We'll be championship contenders next two years. By the time Garnett/Pierce retire, Lopez will be in his absolute prime, we'll still have Dwill and Joe. Brooklyn will be a place for players to WANT to take paycuts for (already see that this year) and we'll be fine for the next years. After that, FREE AGENCY baby.

Your owner is just as liable to start flipping those expiring deals and more picks for players under contract.

Joe Johnson, we have all discussed. He is an albatross to your team.

I think the window is shorter personally, but hey, the games prove it all, right?

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
What leads you to this delusion? Garnett? Joe Johnson? :laugh:How about the best starting line up in the nba with a solid bench?

The only reason you have more faith than him and the only reason you even started this thread is because you hate LeBron. Any team with a shot at beating LeBron's Heat you will instantly support... especially during a time where your Lakers are totally irrelevant and aren't even making the playoffs. Go Nets! Yay!

I do Hate Lebron, but this has nothing to do with him. I would be loving my team if i was a Nets fan. They have the best 8 man rotation in the nba right now, and once they start to gel they will be unbelievably good.

Daaaarryyl
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
For anyone who didn't watch the game they out played Miami and deserved the win. "Lucky" doesn't really fit as a description whatsoever.

Most impressive for me was both Pierce and Johnson hitting jumpers within the flow of the game and the offense not relying on one guy.

What's ironic is that 365 days ago Wavey was laughing his *** off at Knicks fans for similiarly being excited and optimistic about their chances. Now he's fighting off others who are saying pretty much what he said a year ago lol.

Nets are legit.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 03:24 PM
the real nets fans know what's up and I'm sure aren't salivating over this win. They are a talented roster no doubt and have a chance to contend if they stay healthy.. But to say they are on the level of the heat is ridiculous, there is still much more to prove.

alexander_37
11-02-2013, 03:30 PM
How about the best starting line up in the nba with a solid bench?

I do Hate Lebron, but this has nothing to do with him. I would be loving my team if i was a Nets fan. They have the best 8 man rotation in the nba right now, and once they start to gel they will be unbelievably good.

In what world?

alexander_37
11-02-2013, 03:31 PM
You mean the same team that lost to CLEVELAND??

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 03:34 PM
I do t think so, but I do think they'll be a decent team this year. I'm not fond of their age, or Kidd for that matter as a rookie coach, but I think they'll contend. It would surprise me if they beat Miami, or even Indiana and Chicago, in a long series.

D-Will needs to take over the team already. Geez, where is the "2nd best PG in the league, maybe better than CP3" Deron? If he reverts back and they stay healthy, they leap ahead of Chicago for the 3 spot.

While I'm not ready to crown the Nets as champs, that's the beautiful thing about these Nets, we don't need Deron to be the best PG in the NBA.

9 players logged 20 or more min. Nobody played more than 30 min. We had 7 players with 9 or more points, 9 with 6 or more.

Want to know the scariest part? Our starters played a grand total of 8 min together and we still beat the Heat...this with min restrictions on DWILL, AK47, and Lopez missing the entire 4th with foul trouble.

The difference between this win and the Knicks win last year over the Heat is that the Knicks did it with an unrealistic pace of 3 pointers. There's no way they were going to keep up what they did to the Heat and as you saw that was true, they couldn't keep draining 3s at a historic rate.

The Nets rely on depth, ball movement, and slashing/cutting.

ztilzer31
11-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Every year the Heat start slow, and every year people are surprised by it.

It isn't how you start your season it's how you finish. **** isn't just a race it's a marathon.

ztilzer31
11-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Remember last year when LAC dominated the Heat and everyone was saying they were the best team in the West? How'd that go for them?

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 03:36 PM
the real nets fans know what's up and I'm sure aren't salivating over this win. They are a talented roster no doubt and have a chance to contend if they stay healthy.. But to say they are on the level of the heat is ridiculous, there is still much more to prove.

What level do you think you guys are on? You guys are over rated. Had teams been healthy last year you guys wouldn't have even repeated. This year the Heat have to face actual good teams, unlike the last two years.

krisxsong
In what world?

On paper in terms of talent they do. I don't know if they have the best starting unit, but I'd say they have the best bench.

ILLUSIONIST^248
In what world?

Earth, what's better than Deron, Joe, Pierce, Garrnet, Lopez?

VinceCarter
11-02-2013, 03:45 PM
This thread hurts my brain.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 03:46 PM
It's so insanely early to say this and to start ripping Miami. They're three games into the season, folks, and Brooklyn has played only twice. Let's get 15-20 games into the season before we start making observations about dark horses for the Finals and surprise upsets in the playoffs. Also, there's no telling what kind of injuries that Brooklyn team will have to deal with during the season. That is not a young basketball team.

TmacBryant

Didn't Cleveland beat brooklyn lol?

alexander_37

Apparently Cleveland among other teams.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 03:48 PM

George, West, Hibbert
LeBron, Wade, Bosh
Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Bynum

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 03:54 PM
George, West, Hibbert
LeBron, Wade, Bosh

I honestly think Roy HIbbert is massively overrated. The guy is a joke on offense and while his on ball defense is good, he's slow so his rotations aren't always on time, a lot like Brook Lopez. And with that being said, George and West do not outweigh Williams KG Pierce and Johnson.

Okay Miami yeah.

Cleveland doesn't have a better starting lineup. Kyrie is the only person on that team worthy of any kind of praise, and Bynum is a baby with glass knees.

I'm not saying the Nets are gonna win anything, but I do think on paper they have the best lineup and on court I think they have the best bench.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Didn't Cleveland beat brooklyn lol?

Well with this logic Philly > Miami?

Look I'm not saying the Nets are better than this team or that team or that they will even make the playoffs, but if you're gonna say it's bad to judge a team on one win, how can you judge a team on one loss?

Oh and in that loss, DWILL was bench halfway through the 3rd and never returned because the coach wasn't very smart and AK47 did not play.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Didn't Cleveland beat brooklyn lol?Yeah, but it was their first game together, by mid season the Nets will be deadly.

George, West, Hibbert
LeBron, Wade, Bosh

The Heat and Pacers are def up there, but I wouldtake the Nets line up over anyone.

NoahH
11-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Waaaayyy to premature.. YES Brooklyn looks good, but one wrong step and someone blows their ACL and its bye bye to playoff hopes and dreams.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 04:03 PM
What level do you think you guys are on? You guys are over rated. Had teams been healthy last year you guys wouldn't have even repeated. This year the Heat have to face actual good teams, unlike the last two years.

What do you mean what level? The best team in the world level that's what.... We are overrated?!? LMAO dude your hate for lebron and the heat clouds your ability to make an unbiased opinion, its actually quite pathetic.

we have been to the finals 3 straight years and won 2 titles back to back which not many teams in the history of the NBA have done... Teams in the NBA are dying just to even get to the finals and win one.... to say that is overrated is ridiculous lol dude ban yourself and stop posting here because you make no sense.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Waaaayyy to premature.. YES Brooklyn looks good, but one wrong step and someone blows their ACL and its bye bye to playoff hopes and dreams.

Agreed, that's what I explained in my opening statement.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-02-2013, 04:05 PM

Well that ACL thing goes for any team, even yours. This is too premature though, somewhere in April is a good time to start looking into the playoffs and matchups, not November 2nd.

jp611
11-02-2013, 04:08 PM
PSD: where one game means everything

What about after they lost to the Cavaliers game 1?

The game-to-game convictions on here are pure comedy

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 04:14 PM
PSD: where one game means everything

What about after they lost to the Cavaliers game 1?

The game-to-game convictions on here are pure comedyFirst of all, Kris stated why they lost the first game, not to mention it was their first game together. I already said a thousand effing times that last nights game had very little impact on this thread, even tho it's an added bonus. The Nets are as well rounded as it gets.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 04:14 PM
It's funny I barely post on these boards but I've seen your name so many times... and times that I have it's been nothing but hating on LeBron & the Heat... It actually sounds like you have a serious unhealthy obsession with hating LeBron or the Heat... you should seek help and I'm being dead serious I've met people who dislike lebron or the heat but not to your level of magnitude. It's sad

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 04:16 PM
I've never met a person that had a legit reason to hate LeBron James.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Sad I have more faith in your team than you do.

...dude I think we're championship contenders too. Just don't make a thread about it after Game 2.

Trust me I've never been more excited in a decade. This team will be good.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I'm sure 3 star joining together like girls in the weakest eastern conference in nba history had nothing to do with you guys going to three straight finals, one of the times losing to a solo star. The Heat almost lost to a old and weak Spurs team whos trio in years out of their prime. I'm glad you Heat fans are cocky, becuase this year you'll actually have to earn a finals spot unlike the past two years. The Pacers, Bulls, and Nets are coming for that ***.

It's ignorant posts like this that makes people lose respect for you. If you think that any NBA team gets to cakewalk through an NBA Finals, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. You claim the East is weak and say the Heat only won because of injuries last season, yet totally fail to mention that the Heat destroyed a Bulls team in the playoffs with a healthy Rose not that long ago and defeated a Thunder team for their first championship with a healthy Westbrook AND James freaking Harden.

Then you include the Pacers on a list of teams who are "coming for that ****," but apparently give no credit to the Heat for beating them in a seven game series last season. You completely discredit the Spurs because their trio is "past their prime," but pay no attention to the fact that Duncan put up his best numbers in years, Parker was a top 10 guy last season and their overall roster was as strong as it's been since they won their last Finals. And you avoid the fact that Wade, himself, is clearly a piece of the Heat trio that is actually past his own prime.

You literally contradict everything you say, but twist every angle you can around to discredit the Heat's titles. I loathe using the word "hater," because it's an obnoxious, ignorant term. But you, sir, are the very definition of a hater. Get over yourself, grow up and try to enjoy basketball without harboring so much misguided hatred and resentment toward players and teams who have done nothing to you, whatsoever.

ATX
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
It's funny I barely post on these boards but I've seen your name so many times... and times that I have it's been nothing but hating on LeBron & the Heat... It actually sounds like you have a serious unhealthy obsession with hating LeBron or the Heat... you should seek help and I'm being dead serious I've met people who dislike lebron or the heat but not to your level of magnitude. It's sad

Delusionist's opinion on the HEAT or anything involving LBJ is irrelevant. You couldn't be more right about his unhealthy obsession and how sad it is. You can bet anything he created this thread as a Heat bashing thread disguised as a Net's thread. His agenda is clear, and it isn't discussing basketball.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
...dude I think we're championship contenders too. Just don't make a thread about it after Game 2.

Trust me I've never been more excited in a decade. This team will be good.

Exactly... You guys have a right to be excited about your team and the moves you've made... but this idiot is taking it to a whole another level clamining championships for you guys already which is disrespect to the Heat.. Let your team grow and see what happens, it's a long season.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Your owner is just as liable to start flipping those expiring deals and more picks for players under contract.

Joe Johnson, we have all discussed. He is an albatross to your team.

I think the window is shorter personally, but hey, the games prove it all, right?

1. Our owner doesn't make the moves. BK does. Prokhorov just approves huge changes (boston trade, kidd coaching hire).

2. He'll show is worth these next two years when he's not double teamed (see last night). And no I'm not saying he's worth anywhere near his contract but he'll be off the books 3 years from now anyway.

3. Shorter than what? I said this year and next year. After that we'll still be elite but not championship contenders (year 3). After than we only have DWill's final year on the cap. Enter free agency.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 04:22 PM

Lol, this thread has nothing to do with Lebron, I stated my opinion and Heat fans come in here all mad.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 04:24 PM
It's ignorant posts like this that makes people lose respect for you. If you think that any NBA team gets to cakewalk through an NBA Finals, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. You claim the East is weak and say the Heat only won because of injuries last season, yet totally fail to mention that the Heat destroyed a Bulls team in the playoffs with a healthy Rose not that long ago and defeated a Thunder team for their first championship with a healthy Westbrook AND James freaking Harden.

Then you include the Pacers on a list of teams who are "coming for that ****," but apparently give no credit to the Heat for beating them in a seven game series last season. You completely discredit the Spurs because their trio is "past their prime," but pay no attention to the fact that Duncan put up his best numbers in years, Parker was a top 10 guy last season and their overall roster was as strong as it's been since they won their last Finals. And you avoid the fact that Wade, himself, is clearly a piece of the Heat trio that is actually past his own prime.

You literally contradict everything you say, but twist every angle you can around to discredit the Heat's titles. I loathe using the word "hater," because it's an obnoxious, ignorant term. But you, sir, are the very definition of a hater. Get over yourself, grow up and try to enjoy basketball without harboring so much misguided hatred and resentment toward players and teams who have done nothing to you, whatsoever.

Illusionists you seriously just got ****ed owned disgustingly by this post on so many levels LMAO.

This pretty much sums up what my response to this guy would've been if I had the energy to due so

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Exactly... You guys have a right to be excited about your team and the moves you've made... but this idiot is taking it to a whole another level clamining championships for you guys already which is disrespect to the Heat.. Let your team grow and see what happens, it's a long season.

Agreed. I'm just waiting to see how our chemistry grows. I said it allll off-season that it doesn't matter how old pierce/garnett are. We have DEPTH. No player played more than 31 minutes last night. 5 heat players did. We've all heard about Blatche/Evans/AK/Terry but Alan Anderson/Livingston signings went unnoticed for non-Nets fans. Kidd hand-picked those two and they'll been doing very well in the pre-season and last two games.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Kudos, man.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM

That bulls team was not as good as people claim them to be. They also didn't have three stars like the Heat. I will give credit to the Heat for beating the Thunder, but they were pretty damn young. Yeah the Heat beat the Pacers, without one of their best players and they have no superstars like the Heat. So once again, not very impressive. I don't really care what Duncans numbers look like, he's not the same Duncan, and Ginobi look 60 in the finals. I also disagree about how good the role players are on the Spurs. Wade is only thirty and put up a very good series against the Spurs.

I wouldn't dislike the Heat if they didn't take the easy way out to win ships. No other stars in nba history did the cowardly moves the Heats trio did.

Bring The Heat
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Agreed. I'm just waiting to see how our chemistry grows. I said it allll off-season that it doesn't matter how old pierce/garnett are. We have DEPTH. No player played more than 31 minutes last night. 5 heat players did. We've all heard about Blatche/Evans/AK/Terry but Alan Anderson/Livingston signings went unnoticed for non-Nets fans. Kidd hand-picked those two and they'll been doing very well in the pre-season and last two games.

Pierce/Garnett are seasoned veterans and know what it takes to build chemistry so I think you guys will gel nicely. My only concern for Brooklyn is age and health... Kidd has to make sure to monitor their minutes so they don't wear down come playoff time. Otherwise you guys will be a solid team and can certainly challenge us... It should be fun season to watch since the east has obviously gotten much stronger.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Pierce/Garnett are seasoned veterans and know what it takes to build chemistry so I think you guys will gel nicely. My only concern for Brooklyn is age and health... Kidd has to make sure to monitor their minutes so they don't wear down come playoff time. Otherwise you guys will be a solid team and can certainly challenge us... It should be fun season to watch since the east has obviously gotten much stronger.

All of this is true, but if last night was any indicator I'm really happy.

I don't mean an indicator as in we were able to beat you so we can beat anybody. I meant indicator as in nobody played more than 30 min.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 04:33 PM
That bulls team was not as good as people claim them to be. They also didn't have three stars like the Heat. I will give credit to the Heat for beating the Thunder, but they were pretty damn young. Yeah the Heat beat the Pacers, without one of their best players and they have no superstars like the Heat. So once again, not very impressive. I don't really care what Duncans numbers look like, he's not the same Duncan, and Ginobi look 60 in the finals. I also disagree about how good the role players are on the Spurs. Wade is only thirty and put up a very good series against the Spurs.

I wouldn't dislike the Heat if they didn't take the easy way out to win ships. No other stars in nba history did the cowardly moves the Heats trio did.

Lmao, "the easy way out". There are no "easy ways" out to winning an NBA championship. Stop trying to discredit the Heat in every way possible. I thought MBT put you in your place but you clearly learned nothing from him schooling you.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2013, 04:33 PM
This isn't premature, naaahhhh not at all.....I suspect the TC knows a lot about premature

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Lmao, "the easy way out". There are no "easy ways" out to winning an NBA championship. Stop trying to discredit the Heat in every way possible. I thought MBT put you in your place but you clearly learned nothing from him schooling you.

So three superstars, on three different teams, from the same draft, taking paycuts to join each other on the same team in the weaker conference in the nba isn't taking the eay way out huh? Lol, ok buddy what ever you say.I find it hilarious that everyone coming in here taking **** are all confirmed Lebron lovers. If anyone wants to make an account bet that the Heat don't win the ship this year let me know.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2013, 04:49 PM
So three superstars, on three different teams, from the same draft, taking paycuts to join each other on the same team in the weaker conference in the nba isn't taking the eay way out huh? Lol, ok buddy what ever you say.I find it hilarious that everyone coming in here taking **** are all confirmed Lebron lovers. If anyone wants to make an account bet that the Heat don't win the ship this year let me know.

I take the bet but you are not man enough or honest enough to own up to it if you lose...you've shown that time and time again

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 04:52 PM
I take the bet but you are not man enough or honest enough to own up to it if you lose...you've shown that time and time again

Cool, sig it.

Lol, I've won account bets, never lost. Plan on keeping the streak alive.

mightybosstone
That bulls team was not as good as people claim them to be. They also didn't have three stars like the Heat.
They had the top seed in the East, did they not? And their roster was nearly identical to the one they have today sans Jimmy Butler, who is hardly a superstar.

I will give credit to the Heat for beating the Thunder, but they were pretty damn young.
So what? Since when did youth and talent become mutually exclusive traits among NBA teams?

Yeah the Heat beat the Pacers, without one of their best players and they have no superstars like the Heat. So once again, not very impressive.
Please don't tell me that you think Danny Granger is the guy you're referring to. Pre-injury? Sure, of course he was one of their best players. But he's not the same guy since he's been back, and it remains to be seen if he'll ever be the same player. That Pacers team was better last season than they were the year before with a healthy Granger, and it's because of the progression of George and Hibbert, and the play of veterans like Hill and West.

And just because a team lacks "stars" in your eyes doesn't mean they can't contend. First off, George and Hibbert are both top 20-30 players in the league. Secondly, you don't need a team of stars to contend. The 2004 Pistons and 2011 Mavs are perfect examples of that.

I don't really care what Duncans numbers look like, he's not the same Duncan, and Ginobi look 60 in the finals. I also disagree about how good the role players are on the Spurs. Wade is only thirty and put up a very good series against the Spurs.

Dude, are you even reading the things you're writing?!? You just contradicted yourself in the same statement. You say you don't care what Duncan's numbers look like and that Duncan "isn't the same Duncan", but then claim Wade "put up a very good series against the Spurs." That's ridiculously hypocritical! Wade's postseason numbers, even those in the Spurs series are not remotely close to prime Wade's postseason numbers. And yet it's okay to discredit Duncan, but not okay to discredit Wade?

How can you write these things and not actually take a step back to realize how ridiculous you sound? I'd be embarrassed if I were you. It's pathetic.

What? Again.... just listen to yourself. You're a broken record and you harbor so much resentment toward the Heat that you pay no attention to things other players or teams have done in NBA history. The Heat pulled exactly what the Celtics did when they won their title a few years back. Were Allen and Garnett acquired by trades? Sure, but you're in denial if you think those guys didn't approve of those deals beforehand or had no say in that trio's formation. And what about the Lakers last season? If Dwight didn't want to go to LA, he could have said something. And Nash signed as a free agent.

And these are hardly the only instances in sports where stars have teamed up with other stars. We've seen it dozens of teams in the NBA, and we've seen it across many other sports. Baseball is famous for this, especially considering the lack of a salary cap. But did anyone call Alex Rodriguez a "coward" when he joined Jeter and the Yankees? Nope. The guy got paid to play for a championship caliber team in a major media market. Any resentment of A-Rod comes from steroids and his handling of it in the media, not from his decision to sign with the Yankees.

Seriously, the "Lebron James is a coward" arguments got old years ago and are totally unfounded. If you pulled your head out of the sand long enough to do some research on sports and keep an unbiased, open mind about the teams you're watching, you'd know that. You never will, because your'e so determined to hate a team, and you don't even know why.

krisxsong

There is something very, very wrong with your logic.

If it were the easy way out, why wasn't it easy?

2011 Heat lose to Mavs in 6 in the NBA Finals.

2012 Pacers took Heat to 6 games in the East Conf Semi-Finals.

2012 Celtics took Heat to 7 games in the East Conf Finals.

2013 Pacers took Heat to 7 games in East Conf Finals.

2013 Spurs took Heat to 7 games in the NBA Finals and we ALL know how easily the Spurs could have won..look at your sig.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 04:56 PM
1. Our owner doesn't make the moves. BK does. Prokhorov just approves huge changes (boston trade, kidd coaching hire).

2. He'll show is worth these next two years when he's not double teamed (see last night). And no I'm not saying he's worth anywhere near his contract but he'll be off the books 3 years from now anyway.

3. Shorter than what? I said this year and next year. After that we'll still be elite but not championship contenders (year 3). After than we only have DWill's final year on the cap. Enter free agency.

I think Joe (and his numbers back it up) is one of the most overrated players in the last 6 years.

I don't think your owner will have the financial discipline to enter free agency at any point. The owner is the one with the mentality of spend, spend, spend to try and win. And that is fine. I personally think the roster is too aged to make it 100 games. I like Deron (though his best days are becoming more and more distant in the rear view mirror, but he has time), and Lopez, but the rest of the roster is aging fast. I just don't think they can hold up al season under a first time coach who was their peers as recently as a year ago.

But hey, I am simply pointing out why NOT. There are plenty of reasons why the can. I just couple in the factors I stated, and the mere fact that winning a championship is so difficult, and only one team can do it. And right now, LeBron James is still in his peak, with a team that played subpar in the playoffs last year, and he still won.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 05:01 PM
I think Joe (and his numbers back it up) is one of the most overrated players in the last 6 years.

I don't think your owner will have the financial discipline to enter free agency at any point. The owner is the one with the mentality of spend, spend, spend to try and win. And that is fine. I personally think the roster is too aged to make it 100 games. I like Deron (though his best days are becoming more and more distant in the rear view mirror, but he has time), and Lopez, but the rest of the roster is aging fast. I just don't think they can hold up al season under a first time coach who was their peers as recently as a year ago.

But hey, I am simply pointing out why NOT. There are plenty of reasons why the can. I just couple in the factors I stated, and the mere fact that winning a championship is so difficult, and only one team can do it. And right now, LeBron James is still in his peak, with a team that played subpar in the playoffs last year, and he still won.

I don't think Joe Johnson is overrated. I don't know anybody who thinks he's any more than a role player.

Normally I'd agree with everything here, but look at last nights game. No player played more than 30 min, and that's with AK barely playing, Lopez missing the 4th, and Deron on min restriction.

The only players who will average 30+ mpg are Deron and Lopez.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 05:08 PM

It doesn't matter who is and who isn't a LeBron lover- NOBODY is going to support a proven ignoramus who does nothing but discredit and bash the Heat. Nobody in the forum ever agrees with you because you spend 95% of your time on here finding ways to make LeBron look bad. There are no easy ways out to winning a championship. That statement is a testament to your stupidity. I shouldn't even have to explain what makes that post inane. And I won't, because I know your brain has a difficult time processing information correctly.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 05:09 PM
They had the top seed in the East, did they not? And their roster was nearly identical to the one they have today sans Jimmy Butler, who is hardly a superstar.

So what? Since when did youth and talent become mutually exclusive traits among NBA teams?

Please don't tell me that you think Danny Granger is the guy you're referring to. Pre-injury? Sure, of course he was one of their best players. But he's not the same guy since he's been back, and it remains to be seen if he'll ever be the same player. That Pacers team was better last season than they were the year before with a healthy Granger, and it's because of the progression of George and Hibbert, and the play of veterans like Hill and West.

And just because a team lacks "stars" in your eyes doesn't mean they can't contend. First off, George and Hibbert are both top 20-30 players in the league. Secondly, you don't need a team of stars to contend. The 2004 Pistons and 2011 Mavs are perfect examples of that.

Dude, are you even reading the things you're writing?!? You just contradicted yourself in the same statement. You say you don't care what Duncan's numbers look like and that Duncan "isn't the same Duncan", but then claim Wade "put up a very good series against the Spurs." That's ridiculously hypocritical! Wade's postseason numbers, even those in the Spurs series are not remotely close to prime Wade's postseason numbers. And yet it's okay to discredit Duncan, but not okay to discredit Wade?

How can you write these things and not actually take a step back to realize how ridiculous you sound? I'd be embarrassed if I were you. It's pathetic.

What? Again.... just listen to yourself. You're a broken record and you harbor so much resentment toward the Heat that you pay no attention to things other players or teams have done in NBA history. The Heat pulled exactly what the Celtics did when they won their title a few years back. Were Allen and Garnett acquired by trades? Sure, but you're in denial if you think those guys didn't approve of those deals beforehand or had no say in that trio's formation. And what about the Lakers last season? If Dwight didn't want to go to LA, he could have said something. And Nash signed as a free agent.

And these are hardly the only instances in sports where stars have teamed up with other stars. We've seen it dozens of teams in the NBA, and we've seen it across many other sports. Baseball is famous for this, especially considering the lack of a salary cap. But did anyone call Alex Rodriguez a "coward" when he joined Jeter and the Yankees? Nope. The guy got paid to play for a championship caliber team in a major media market. Any resentment of A-Rod comes from steroids and his handling of it in the media, not from his decision to sign with the Yankees.

Seriously, the "Lebron James is a coward" arguments got old years ago and are totally unfounded. If you pulled your head out of the sand long enough to do some research on sports and keep an unbiased, open mind about the teams you're watching, you'd know that. You never will, because your'e so determined to hate a team, and you don't even know why.

God damn MBT, you are giving this kid a brown bag lunch a backpack.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Was going to post a picture of the OP getting burned alive by people in here but it's too graphic and didn't want to get banned.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I don't think Joe Johnson is overrated. I don't know anybody who thinks he's any more than a role player.

Normally I'd agree with everything here, but look at last nights game. No player played more than 30 min, and that's with AK barely playing, Lopez missing the 4th, and Deron on min restriction.

Assuming KG and Pierce can be healthy around the playoffs and Brooklyn doesn't suffer from any serious injuries, there's no reason to believe the Nets can't contend in the East. I could feasibly see them making it to the Finals and winning it all if the right pieces fall into place. But I also think a few things have to happen for it to take place.

For one, the Heat will have to be eliminated at some point. And the only way I see that happening is for Wade and Bosh to underperform as they did last season, and for Brooklyn to play their best basketball against them. I'm not sure that we've ever seen that Heat team in the playoffs with all three guys playing their best basketball, but if it ever happens, I'm not sure they're beatable.

And I think Garnett has to be the dominant defensive force he's capable of being. Lopez isn't the sieve he was on that end a few years ago, but he's also not going to anchor a championship caliber defense. Also, the Nets have to be hitting their 3-pointers. To keep up with the Heat and to have an effect on that athletic, dominant defense, they have to spread the floor out and hit open shots. The Mavs proved they could beat the Heat that way, and the Spurs nearly did the same thing last season.

Also, 1-2 guys have to seriously step up late in games. It's likely going to have to be Deron or Pierce, but I think both guys could be up to the challenge. As long as one of those guys is hitting shots late when the offense breaks down, this will be a very hard basketball team to beat.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Was going to post a picture of the OP getting burned alive by people in here but it's too graphic and didn't want to get banned.

If you are serious send me in PM.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 05:22 PM

Yeah they did, but didn't the Cavs have the best record in the league 2 years in a row? They were a great defensive team, but their offense was lacking.

That win vs the Thunder is def there best one to date no doubt. I do believe the Heat are lucky they didn't have to face a healthy Thunder team this last year, but we'll never know.

Yeah you might not need superstars to win it all, but the odds are def in your favor when you do.

I've said time and time again that Wade turns it on when his team really needs him. He is able to play at 90 percent prime Wade, but for very minimal games. That's why he saved himself for the finals where he played outstanding. He proved me right last year.

You just rambled on in the last part. If you don't see anything wrong with how the Heat joined together than there's no point of arguing with you. I have legends on the Nba agreeing with me and you have, well your buddies here on PSD. There is a reason why Lebron was 0-7 in series, 0-4 in finals games, and has 2 bronze medals before joining one of the most stacked teams in nba history.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 05:24 PM
There is something very, very wrong with your logic.

If it were the easy way out, why wasn't it easy?

2011 Heat lose to Mavs in 6 in the NBA Finals.

2012 Pacers took Heat to 6 games in the East Conf Semi-Finals.

2012 Celtics took Heat to 7 games in the East Conf Finals.

2013 Pacers took Heat to 7 games in East Conf Finals.

2013 Spurs took Heat to 7 games in the NBA Finals and we ALL know how easily the Spurs could have won..look at your sig.

They took the easy way out because they were 3 superstars from the same draft who took pay cuts to join eachother in a weak conference to make it easy to beat teams!

The only thing those series number tell me is how over rated Lebron James is, and what about my sig? Lebron missed the biggest shot of his career, to be saved by the clutchest shot in baskeball history!

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah they did, but didn't the Cavs have the best record in the league 2 years in a row? They were a great defensive team, but their offense was lacking.

That win vs the Thunder is def there best one to date no doubt. I do believe the Heat are lucky they didn't have to face a healthy Thunder team this last year, but we'll never know.

Yeah you might not need superstars to win it all, but the odds are def in your favor when you do.

I've said time and time again that Wade turns it on when his team really needs him. He is able to play at 90 percent prime Wade, but for very minimal games. That's why he saved himself for the finals where he played outstanding. He proved me right last year.

You must rambled on in the last part. If you don't see anything wrong with how the Heat joined together than there's no point of arguing with you. I have legends on the Nba agreeing with me and you have, well your buddies here on PSD. There is a reason why Lebron was 0-7 in series, 0-4 in finals games, and has 2 bronze medals before joining one of the most stacked teams in nba history.

Lmao if NBA legends saw the **** you post on here they'd think you were a dumb **** too.

ATX
11-02-2013, 05:27 PM
It is ONE Bronze medal...Stop lying and twisting FACTS as you always always always do.

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 05:31 PM
I agree Miami has a lot of minutes under their belt the last 3 years, Shane and Ray are a year older. Wade is also a year older. Nets are playing limited minutes this season. Its very hard to win it 3 years in a row. But if Nets dont beat Miami I see nobody else that can do it. Nets are the only team besides Miami that has a chance at the title this year. Last night proved that.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
There is a reason why Lebron was 0-7 in series, 0-4 in finals games, and has 2 bronze medals before joining one of the most stacked teams in nba history.

And there's a reason why Kobe won three Finals early in HIS career: Shaquille O'Neal. It's easy to look to make blanket statements like this without ever looking at the context of anything. But I just think it's ignorant to say things like this without recognizing the pieces around Lebron. If you honestly think all those things happened IN SPITE of Lebron, than I have no use for you, because your hatred has truly blinded you from ever having a fair, balanced view of the man's career. The Cavs did not get to the Finals and win all of those games for his first seven years IN SPITE of Lebron, they did it BECAUSE of Lebron. You take him off that team and replace him with an average NBA starter and those Cavs teams wouldn't have won 30 games. They were truly abysmal, and the moves they made were so mediocre, that they gave him every reason to believe.

But I'm done arguing with you. You clearly are stuck in your own misguided mindset, and I have no use for people like you who refuse to look at things from all perspectives. As someone who's grown up in the conservative south, I'm kind of used to being around racist bigots. You somehow managed to become a Lebron James bigot. Congratulations.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 05:35 PM
I agree Miami has a lot of minutes under their belt the last 3 years, Shane and Ray are a year older. Wade is also a year older. Nets are playing limited minutes this season. Its very hard to win it 3 years in a row. But if Nets dont beat Miami I see nobody else that can do it. Nets are the only team besides Miami that has a chance at the title this year. Last night proved that.

Last night was one game that you won by something like a single point a couple games into the season. Going by your logic, beating someone means you are positively better than them. So that mean the Cavs, seeing as they beat you, are the 2014 champions.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Assuming KG and Pierce can be healthy around the playoffs and Brooklyn doesn't suffer from any serious injuries, there's no reason to believe the Nets can't contend in the East. I could feasibly see them making it to the Finals and winning it all if the right pieces fall into place. But I also think a few things have to happen for it to take place.

For one, the Heat will have to be eliminated at some point. And the only way I see that happening is for Wade and Bosh to underperform as they did last season, and for Brooklyn to play their best basketball against them. I'm not sure that we've ever seen that Heat team in the playoffs with all three guys playing their best basketball, but if it ever happens, I'm not sure they're beatable.

And I think Garnett has to be the dominant defensive force he's capable of being. Lopez isn't the sieve he was on that end a few years ago, but he's also not going to anchor a championship caliber defense. Also, the Nets have to be hitting their 3-pointers. To keep up with the Heat and to have an effect on that athletic, dominant defense, they have to spread the floor out and hit open shots. The Mavs proved they could beat the Heat that way, and the Spurs nearly did the same thing last season.

Also, 1-2 guys have to seriously step up late in games. It's likely going to have to be Deron or Pierce, but I think both guys could be up to the challenge. As long as one of those guys is hitting shots late when the offense breaks down, this will be a very hard basketball team to beat.

For the record, I do indeed have Miami 3peating. I bet 200 bucks on it with my buddy.

Well that's not fair to only apply this to the Nets. What if Wade goes down? What if Tony Parker goes down? Curry?

I understand KG and PP are older than all those guys, but those guys are also more injury prone than KG/PP.

But yes, the Nets def need to stay healthy.

Why? Is it not possible to play good defense against Miami?

If a team plays good defense on Miami and Miami loses, people chalk it up to an off day for Miami and really bugs me. For the record, this is with EVERY good team in every sport not just Miami. If Miami is committing unforced errors that's a different story but if the opposition is playing very good defense, it's unfair to just say Miami had an off game.

If Wade and Bosh are not playing their best, I don't think Brooklyn needs to play their best basketball to beat them. IMO same goes for Indiana and maybe Chicago.

Kevin Garnett's affect on defense isn't being able to prevent anybody from scoring. It's his communication and leadership that gets his teammates in the right place. We're already seeing it from Brooklyn. Yes their defense still needs work but you can see the KG effect kicking in already. They hedge harder on screens, they rotate quicker, they don't get lost as much, they play more in-sync. So that being said I think in this context KG will always be the defensive force we require him to be as long as he's on the floor.

Is Brook Lopez a good defender? There's really only one aspect of defense he's good at and it's shot blocking. He's a good rim protector. Is he Larry Sanders, Anthony Davis, or Andrew Bogut at blocking shots? No he's not but he's still a good rim protector due to his length and size. Brook Lopez looked twice as big as Haslem. Lopez is 7'1 290 lbs with long arms, it's impossible to shoot over him with ease and if LeBron or Wade is coming down the lane I have full confidence that they will be fouled hard(not dirty) and go to the line for two.

I don't think we need to keep hitting our 3s. What makes you say that? All of our starters are great mid range shooters and great at cutting/slashing. Of course we need to hit some 3s, if you don't hit 3s it's very hard to win but I don't think we need to be incredible beyond the arc, we only made 8 3s last night.

Do they need to spread the floor? Of course. But you don't need to be hitting 3s to spread defense. For example, Jason Terry can be 1-5 from the 3pt line in a game but you can bet that the defense won't dare sag off him. Same with Joe Johnson and to some extent Paul Pierce/Deron Williams.

Anyway, I think the Nets have enough proven 3pt shooters to hit their shots.

Why does it have to be Deron or Pierce? Joe Johnson was by far the best player in the clutch last season and KG isn't afraid of no big moment and Lopez has hit game winners. Defenses will most likely be focused on Deron Johnson and Pierce which will leave plenty of opportunities for KG to hit wide open mid range shots and Lopez as well.

Again before you get the wrong idea, I have Miami winning again.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 05:39 PM

How did it prove that? What did last nights game have to do with the Pacers, Clippers, Bulls, Thunder, Rockets and Grizzlies?

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Last night was one game that you won by something like a single point a couple games into the season. Going by your logic, beating someone means you are positively better than them. So that mean the Cavs, seeing as they beat you, are the 2014 champions.

No but this is the first time they are playing the Heat its not like we can say Heat beat the Nets 3 times so far and Nets only once. We beat them once out of one times.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Actually the Sixers are still the Champions: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/80696/introducing-the-nba-regular-season-championship-belt

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 05:41 PM
How did it prove that? What did last nights game have to do with the Pacers, Clippers, Bulls, Thunder, Rockets and Grizzlies?

Pacers,Bulls,Thunder,Rockets,andGrizzles arent in Nets league in my humble opinion. Maybe the Bulls.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 05:43 PM
God damn MBT, you are giving this kid a brown bag lunch a backpack.

I just don't get it. Sports are supposed to be fun, and we're supposed to be able to sit around and have intellectual debates about players and teams. And of course things get heated, but I've never hated a player or a team as much as this guy hates Lebron and the Heat.

I've absolutely loathed Karl Malone my whole life, and will go out of my way to rip him when I get a chance because of his poor playoff performance, but is the guy one of the 5 greatest PFs and one of the 20-25 greatest players in the history of the NBA? Without a doubt. I've immensely disliked Kobe at times, but do I think he's arguably a top 10-15 all-time player? Certainly. Would I have wanted him on my team in the 2000s? Hell yeah I would.

I might make jokes at a player's expense or defend a particular player or even go out of my way to take stances against certain players. But I've rarely hated a player I didn't have immense respect for, and I think it's ridiculous to hate someone as a person solely because of the team they play for or what they do on the court. The hate that this guy is displays reminds me so much of the hate I see from people I've known in my life toward others of difference races, origins or religions. It's just hate for the sake of hate, with no rhyme or reason to it.

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 05:47 PM
I just don't get it. Sports are supposed to be fun, and we're supposed to be able to sit around and have intellectual debates about players and teams. And of course things get heated, but I've never hated a player or a team as much as this guy hates Lebron and the Heat.

I've absolutely loathed Karl Malone my whole life, and will go out of my way to rip him when I get a chance because of his poor playoff performance, but is the guy one of the 5 greatest PFs and one of the 20-25 greatest players in the history of the NBA? Without a doubt. I've immensely disliked Kobe at times, but do I think he's arguably a top 10-15 all-time player? Certainly. Would I have wanted him on my team in the 2000s? Hell yeah I would.

I might make jokes at a player's expense or defend a particular player or even go out of my way to take stances against certain players. But I've rarely hated a player I didn't have immense respect for, and I think it's ridiculous to hate someone as a person solely because of the team they play for or what they do on the court. The hate that this guy is displays reminds me so much of the hate I see from people I've known in my life toward others of difference races, origins or religions. It's just hate for the sake of hate, with no rhyme or reason to it.

I guess everybody ain't you.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Pacers,Bulls,Thunder,Rockets,andGrizzles arent in Nets league in my humble opinion. Maybe the Bulls.

That's cool and all, but how did last nights victory prove that? You said last night's game proved that only the Nets can beat Miami.

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 05:51 PM
That's cool and all, but how did last nights victory prove that? You said last night's game proved that only the Nets can beat Miami.

Because I used common sense. Those teams are inferior to the Nets whether its talent, expierence,coaching.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Because I used common sense. Those teams are inferior to the Nets whether its talent, expierence,coaching.

You are not answering my question.

I understand WHY you think the only the Nets or Heat will win it all, but how does last nights game prove it?

You are trying to justify your claim with my original question.

You say last nights game proves only the Nets can beat Miami. I asked how so. You said because other teams are inferior to the Nets which brings us to a full circle.

Asking how last nights game proves only the Nets can beat Miami is essentially the same thing as asking how last nights game proves that every other team in the NBA is inferior to the Nets.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 05:59 PM
I want to hear your honest case for Kobe > LeBron. Swag? Aura?

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Lol LeBron top 14 and Kobe top 10. I have always appreciated Kobe. Kobe was always my favorite guy to watch live was the main reason I would always be excited to go to Warriors vs. Lakers games when I was younger. But you cannot honestly say that Kobe is better than LeBron. LeBron is a more efficient scorer, a better rebounder, a better passer, a better defender- I mean the list goes on and on. There is no valid argument for Kobe > LeBron anymore.

If we're talking straight up who the better player was in their prime, I'd go with LeBron. If we're talking legacy, of course it's Kobe.....for now.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Well that's not fair to only apply this to the Nets. What if Wade goes down? What if Tony Parker goes down? Curry? I understand KG and PP are older than all those guys, but those guys are also more injury prone than KG/PP.

But yes, the Nets def need to stay healthy.
Well, you sort of made my point for me. KG and Pierce are huge acquisitions for this team, but they've also shown a propensity for being injury prone, and it's likely they're going to miss some time during the season. Whether it's early or later, who knows? But obviously when you're talking about an older team, injuries have to be a major concern.

Why? Is it not possible to play good defense against Miami?

If a team plays good defense on Miami and Miami loses, people chalk it up to an off day for Miami and really bugs me. For the record, this is with EVERY good team in every sport not just Miami. If Miami is committing unforced errors that's a different story but if the opposition is playing very good defense, it's unfair to just say Miami had an off game.

If Wade and Bosh are not playing their best, I don't think Brooklyn needs to play their best basketball to beat them. IMO same goes for Indiana and maybe Chicago.

I'm not saying that good defense won't have an effect. But my point is that those are the kinds of players who great defense won't stop if they're playing at the top of their games. I just think Miami at their best is better than everyone else's best. They have the best player in the league, elite 3-point shooters, two top five scorers when healthy, a very good No. 3 who can stretch the floor and they play better help defense than any team in the league.

Kevin Garnett's affect on defense isn't being able to prevent anybody from scoring. It's his communication and leadership that gets his teammates in the right place. We're already seeing it from Brooklyn. Yes their defense still needs work but you can see the KG effect kicking in already. They hedge harder on screens, they rotate quicker, they don't get lost as much, they play more in-sync. So that being said I think in this context KG will always be the defensive force we require him to be as long as he's on the floor.

Is Brook Lopez a good defender? There's really only one aspect of defense he's good at and it's shot blocking. He's a good rim protector. Is he Larry Sanders, Anthony Davis, or Andrew Bogut at blocking shots? No he's not but he's still a good rim protector due to his length and size. Brook Lopez looked twice as big as Haslem. Lopez is 7'1 290 lbs with long arms, it's impossible to shoot over him with ease and if LeBron or Wade is coming down the lane I have full confidence that they will be fouled hard(not dirty) and go to the line for two.
But I think you have to have an anchor in paint who will make Lebron and Wade think twice about taking it to the rim. Lopez can block shots, but I'm not scared of Lopez if I'm Lebron. That anchor in the paint is going to be a huge key, because the Lebron and Wade dribble penetration is what makes Miami's ball movement and 3-pointing work so well.

I don't think we need to keep hitting our 3s. What makes you say that? All of our starters are great mid range shooters and great at cutting/slashing. Of course we need to hit some 3s, if you don't hit 3s it's very hard to win but I don't think we need to be incredible beyond the arc, we only made 8 3s last night.
Only? Only eight teams in the NBA averaged 8 3-pointers a game last season, and it's worth noting that Brooklyn shot 50 percent beyond the arc last night. You can't tell me that the Nets win that game last night if Terry, Anderson and JJ weren't shooting well from the 3-point line.

Do they need to spread the floor? Of course. But you don't need to be hitting 3s to spread defense. For example, Jason Terry can be 1-5 from the 3pt line in a game but you can bet that the defense won't dare sag off him. Same with Joe Johnson and to some extent Paul Pierce/Deron Williams.

Anyway, I think the Nets have enough proven 3pt shooters to hit their shots.
I don't think that's necessarily true at all. If you're not hitting your 3-pointers, especially your uncontested 3-pointers, defenses aren't going to blanket you like they might normally. If I'm guarding Deron and he's not hitting his 3-pointers, I'm going to play a foot or two back from him beyond the arc in case he drives, because that's where he's more dangerous at that point.

Why does it have to be Deron or Pierce? Joe Johnson was by far the best player in the clutch last season and KG isn't afraid of no big moment and Lopez has hit game winners. Defenses will most likely be focused on Deron Johnson and Pierce which will leave plenty of opportunities for KG to hit wide open mid range shots and Lopez as well.
You're totally missing the point. I'm just saying that someone needs to be able to make tough shots when the offense breaks down, especially late in games. I don't care who it is, but you have to have someone who can manufacture points down the stretch to win.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I guess everybody ain't you.

What does this even mean? Are you trying to condone blatant ignorance and hatred? Are you just trying to say that different people think differently about athletes and are entitled to hate them if they want to? Don't just drop a sentence like this in the middle of a legitimate philosophical discussion and then not explain yourself. It adds nothing to the discussion.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Lebron has proven he can't beat the best competition. If Brooklyn is for real (and it looks like they are) the Heat will fall for sure.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Lebron has proven he can't beat the best competition. If Brooklyn is for real (and it looks like they are) the Heat will fall for sure.

Really? Two rings say otherwise.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 06:35 PM

I agree 100%. Now that Stern is gone, lets see if Lebron gets all the calls he used to get through his flopping.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 06:36 PM

Dude don't even listen to him. It's amos1er.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 06:39 PM

Lebron had by far the weakest competition in NBA history when compared to other top ten players. The teams Lebron beat for his two titles were far weaker than anything Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Hakeem, Wilt, and Russell beat for theirs. Not to mention that compared to the talent they all faced, Lebron had far greater help than any of them.

ATX
11-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Lebron had by far the weakest competition in NBA history when compared to other top ten players. The teams Lebron beat for his two titles were far weaker than anything Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Hakeem, Wilt, and Russell beat for theirs. Not to mention that compared to the talent they all faced, Lebron had far greater help than any of them.

Hahahhahahahaha

The broken record back again...

According to Amosler nobody should be given credit for winning Championships during the last two season...Hahaha, Christ, the **** never ends. The logic of a hater...Priceless

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 06:44 PM

:facepalm: You truly believe this, don't you? I think I'm done arguing with the two of you today. I don't have the patience, and I'm not going to bring myself down to your level. Suffice it to say that I don't agree with you, and anyone with a decent knowledge of the NBA and it's history wouldn't either.

P&GRealist
11-02-2013, 06:51 PM
The Lakers will win the 2014 championship. Because they have Kobe... And Steve Blake.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 06:59 PM
:facepalm: You truly believe this, don't you? I think I'm done arguing with the two of you today. I don't have the patience, and I'm not going to bring myself down to your level. Suffice it to say that I don't agree with you, and anyone with a decent knowledge of the NBA and it's history wouldn't either.

Ya ya ya. Gonna dodge this question by pretending to take the high road eh. Your far from an expert who's opinion can stand on it's own, so this really doesn't mean much to me unless you have some proof or at least a decent rebuttal. The 2012 Thunder were greener than Lebron when he is asked to make clutch free throws and the Spurs should have won, but they were just too damn old to make a good series past six games. If a semi healthy Manu had showed up, the Heat would have lost in five. The averaged age of the 2012 Thunder was 23... Even lower if you don't include Fisher. Speaking of 2012... Had you boy Harden not chocked so badly, they would have had a chance to win that as well. Any of Jordan's six rings were far more difficult to attain than any of the two Lebron just won.

- 2012: Lock out season, Super green Thunder team, Free throw controversy in the Celtics series and in the San Antonio series that even put the Thunder in the finals for Lebron to cakewalk over. Not to mention the east was a complete joke in terms of talent, while Lebron had by far more talent than anyone in the league.

- 2013: Again, the east was a cakewalk except for the Pacers, but they were super young and the Heat simply underachieved. They should have won it in 5. The Spurs were way old. Duncan and Ginobili were shells of their former selves and could not play at 100% for all 7 games. A miracle lucky set of circumstances carried Lebron through an opponent that he should have beaten in 6 games with the amount of talent he had compered to Duncan... Not to mention he had youth on his side as well. Clearly this was a very unimpressive ring. The Spurs were up 5 with 24 seconds to go and everything that could have gone wrong for them did. Lebron did not step up at all in those final 24 seconds... Rather, he missed key shots and bungled key plays only to get bailed out by Bosh's rebounding, Key missed free throws from Leonard and Ginobili, and the miracle shot Ray Allen hit to save his legacy. Nike and Gatorade should have bought Ray Ray a new car and taken him out of a steak dinner for the next two years for that one alone.

lajoie
11-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Yes, beating the consensus second best player in the NBA(Durant) in the Finals is not the best competition

True Sports Fan
11-02-2013, 07:05 PM

You say this, yet boast the Nets for having a lineup of Deron/JJ/Pierce/KG/Lopez. As other posters have said... It's clear your just a LeBron hater in general.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Your another failed abortion

I'll bet you wish you could absorb Lebron.

ATX
11-02-2013, 07:10 PM

You say this, yet boast the Nets for having a lineup of Deron/JJ/Pierce/KG/Lopez. As other posters have said... It's clear your just a LeBron hater in general.

I'm so glad more and more posters are realizing the RIDICULOUS amount of hypocrisy in everything he says. How he's still allowed to flood the forum with nonsense is still beyond me. This thread was good for a good laugh though I guess.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Ya, it's all about beating out one player right. :rolleyes: Last I check there are two teams competing, not two players.

Okay, well then in that case his team went against Kevin Durant (superstar), James Harden (superstar), Russell Westbrook (superstar), and still won. If that's not going against good competition, I don't know what is.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Okay, well then in that case his team went against Kevin Durant (superstar), James Harden (superstar), Russell Westbrook (superstar), and still won. If that's not going against good competition, I don't know what is.

Yes, and how old was the Thunder's big 3 in comparison to the Heat's big 3 again?

Thunder big 3 - average age 22. Zero finals appearances combined.

Heat big 3 - average age 28. Five finals appearances combined. One ring combined. One finals MVP winner.

Now who has the overwhelming advantage there? That's not even taking into account how much easier the Heats road to the finals was having come out of the extremely weak east compared to the Thunder who came out the incredibly difficult west. How about the experienced vetarans Miami had who all played for the minimum to help Bron Bron win his first ring who could all shoot an average of 40% from three? Still think it was an evenly matched series?

koreancabbage
11-02-2013, 07:21 PM
great you know the thread has gone to the **** when both Amos!ler and Illusionist respond, quote each other and claim its the best post ever, and probably the two greatest Lebron haters on the planet are here.

I mean - they haven't realized the silliness that noone really takes their comments as anything substantial except a good laugh.

I mean I enjoy a lot lol. its some pretty funny homerism and hater-talk. Even Domefavors have become a respectable poster compared to these two clowns. =P and I say that with love - and continue posting, b/c you haven't posted anything worthy of fact except when it is in Lakers or Kobe's favor.

i'm having a great time reading your ridiculous banter =)

netsgiantsyanks
11-02-2013, 07:25 PM
why in the living **** is DMF not permabanned.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 07:29 PM
It's honestly adorable. You guys run around this site holding hands, trying to discredit LeBron in any way possible. If he got a quadruple double you'd say he was getting lucky bounces and double teams.

That's the only series i give Lebron credit for, he dominated in that series and deserved that ship, even though it came vs a very young team in a lockout season.
Even when you try to give LeBron credit, you end up taking away as much credit as possible. Kobe is not winning another championship and the Lakers are totally irrelevant. Now you're taking your anger out on LeBron who is the best player on the Earth and is dominating the league, winning two straight championships. You always talk about how he had the best supporting cast of Wade and Bosh, yet seem to forget Kobe has had players like Derek Fisher, Shaq, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, etc. who he wouldn't have been anywhere near a championship without. Maybe going to Miami was a disloyal move and airing "The Decision" on nation television was silly, but he successfully accomplished what you're meant to do in the NBA- win a championship. So stop trying to discredit LeBron/The Heat every chance you get because you don't like seeing LeBron's success. Just go in a PM and tell each other about how much you hate LeBron. Because obviously nobody wants to read your ******** anymore.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Why don't we compare Lebron and Durant's finals numbers from their first appearances just for ***** and giggles.

Lebron 2007 Finals: Age 22 - 22 ppg, 7 rpg, 6.8 apg, spg 1.0, bpg 0.5, FG% 35.6, 3PT% .20, FT% .69, TS% .428,

Durant 2012 Finals: Age 23 - 30.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 2.2 apg, spg 1.4, bpg 1.0, FG% .548, 3PT% .394, FT% .839, TS% .650

:laugh:

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes, and how old was the Thunder's big 3 in comparison to the Heat's big 3 again?

Thunder big 3 - average age 22. Zero finals appearances combined.

Heat big 3 - average age 28. Five finals appearances combined. One ring combined. One finals MVP winner.

Now who has the overwhelming advantage there? That's not even taking into account how much easier the Heats road to the finals was having come out of the extremely weak east compared to the Thunder who came out the incredibly difficult west. How about the experienced vetarans Miami had who all played for the minimum to help Bron Bron win his first ring who could all shoot an average of 40% from three? Still think it was an evenly matched series?

And didn't they just beat the Spurs?

Spurs big 3 - 3 rings together, 4 combined finals MVPs

amos1er
11-02-2013, 07:36 PM
And didn't they just beat the Spurs?

Spurs big 3 - 3 rings together, 4 combined finals MVPs

Spurs had health issues that year due to age. The same issues that plagued them in the finals moments of game six this past year and in game seven.

Oh ya, and there is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 07:44 PM
It's honestly adorable. You guys run around this site holding hands, trying to discredit LeBron in any way possible. If he got a quadruple double you'd say he was getting lucky bounces and double teams.

Even when you try to give LeBron credit, you end up taking away as much credit as possible. Kobe is not winning another championship and the Lakers are totally irrelevant. Now you're taking your anger out on LeBron who is the best player on the Earth and is dominating the league, winning two straight championships. You always talk about how he had the best supporting cast of Wade and Bosh, yet seem to forget Kobe has had players like Derek Fisher, Shaq, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, etc. who he wouldn't have been anywhere near a championship without. Maybe going to Miami was a disloyal move and airing "The Decision" on nation television was silly, but he successfully accomplished what you're meant to do in the NBA- win a championship. So stop trying to discredit LeBron/The Heat every chance you get because you don't like seeing LeBron's success. Just go in a PM and tell each other about how much you hate LeBron. Because obviously nobody wants to read your ******** anymore.

Truly, it is your passionate, undying love for Lebron that is adorable.

Best of luck in the future to you two.

netsgiantsyanks
11-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Ya, I know... Unless you sing Lebron praises you not welcome here. If you have any sort of constructive criticism your a turd in the punch bowl and must be removed immediately.

wait he praises lebron now too?

:down:

amos1er
11-02-2013, 07:50 PM
What I said was true tho!

He only won a second title becuse of the guy in our sigs. Why even mention bynum who never helped us win a ring, fisher who was the worst starting pg in the nba when we won, and a weirdo non consistant player like Lamar? Shaq? Sure, but Kobe wasn't even in his prime. Kobe only had Gasol for 2 1/2 years before he went missing. Kobe didn't need to take a paycut to join two other superstars either, or have the deadliest set of role players you can get.

Lol... Speaking of that here is a funny meme I saw the other day.

http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/6213.jpg

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 08:12 PM

Injuries will come. That is my guess, simply based of age and style of play. Hopefully for Nets fans, they endure them at the right time is all.

bucketss
11-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Why don't we compare Lebron and Durant's finals numbers from their first appearances just for ***** and giggles.

Lebron 2007 Finals: Age 22 - 22 ppg, 7 rpg, 6.8 apg, spg 1.0, bpg 0.5, FG% 35.6, 3PT% .20, FT% .69, TS% .428,

Durant 2012 Finals: Age 23 - 30.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 2.2 apg, spg 1.4, bpg 1.0, FG% .548, 3PT% .394, FT% .839, TS% .650

lets compare lebron and kobes game 7 nba finals stats LMAO

amos1er
11-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Injuries will come. That is my guess, simply based of age and style of play. Hopefully for Nets fans, they endure them at the right time is all.

Heat fans (I mean Lebron fans) are praying injuries come. Otherwise things aren't looking too good for Bron Bron. Brooklyn has to be a very scary team for them. Wade is looking more done than ever, Allen and Miller don't have much time left. Oden is looking to be a failed experiment. Beasley is a locker room virus as I've always said.

amos1er
11-02-2013, 08:18 PM
lets compare lebron and kobes game 7 nba finals stats LMAO

2 Broken fingers, 3 drained knees later and all right. :rolleyes:

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 08:18 PM

you cant really say Injuries will come when you have no idea what will happen

seikou8
11-02-2013, 08:20 PM
imaooo amos1er and other lakers fans have started or ruined a thread what shocker why do you guys always have discredit lebron or take a shot at with every post, i mean damn and cause someone is lebron fan and or not does mean there opinion is invalid. tell me why you pay more attention to lebron then his fans do

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Heat fans (I mean Lebron fans) are praying injuries come. Otherwise things aren't looking too good for Bron Bron. Brooklyn has to be a very scary team for them. Wade is looking more done than ever, Allen and Miller don't have much time left. Oden is looking to be a failed experiment. Beasley is a locker room virus as I've always said.

meh, most actual fans just hope for a good season. My prediction is predicated on the age of the roster. I could care less about a team getting hurt. Reality tells me, no matter what, if every team is healthy come playoff time, the Heat have the best roster.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 08:22 PM
you cant really say Injuries will come when you have no idea what will happen

Its an educated guess due to age, and history. That's all honestly.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 08:22 PM
OK, so AMO and ILLUSIONIST, this is your warning.

Stop derailing another thread with your antics please. Be civil.

Everyone else, please stop responding to the baiting and trolling, or you get punished with them if they decide to continue.

Thanks

bucketss
11-02-2013, 08:25 PM

don't you guys tired with this LOL you guys said the same about the bulls, pacers, celtics blah blah, and when the heat end up beating them than its back to "they're a super team, not impressive"

just a few months ago you were like "allen greatest shooter of all time, allstar " "wade is a superstar" now both these guys are done, btw miller isn't on the heat anymore

DoMeFavors
11-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Its an educated guess due to age, and history. That's all honestly.

besides Kirilenko who has a history of injury problems?

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 08:40 PM
meh, most actual fans just hope for a good season. My prediction is predicated on the age of the roster. I could care less about a team getting hurt. Reality tells me, no matter what, if every team is healthy come playoff time, the Heat have the best roster.

OK, so AMO and ILLUSIONIST, this is your warning.

Stop derailing another thread with your antics please. Be civil.

Everyone else, please stop responding to the baiting and trolling, or you get punished with them if they decide to continue.

Thanks

Woah Woah Woah Hawk, that's a complete 180 from some statements you made a few months ago . You said that there were a few teams with better rosters than the Heat. I'm glad you at least realised you were wrong:cheers:

Dude I started this thread with the intent to discuss the Nets roster, the Heat fans came in here crying and talking crap. I didn't start the bickering!?

justinnum1
11-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Miami looked like they didnt give a **** till 2 min left in the game, and the nets only won by 1 LOL. ***** please.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Miami looked like they didnt give a **** till 2 min left in the game, and the nets only won by 1 LOL. ***** please.

Yeah, that's it Justin, the Heat tried to lose on purpose :rolleyes:

bucketss
11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
you heard it here first, the miami heat are underdogs. if they win the chip again this year, damn, they just overcame all odds!!! lebron will be the goat if he carries this team over the like of the nets!!!

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 09:18 PM
you heard it here first, the miami heat are underdogs. if they win the chip again this year, damn, they just overcame all odds!!! lebron will be the goat if he carries this team over the like of the nets!!!

Sarcasm?

Chronz
11-02-2013, 09:18 PM
On paper, Brooklyn is loaded, but the game isn't played on paper.

TheMightyHumph
11-02-2013, 09:21 PM

Nets played good defense. Maybe that discouraged the Heat.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Well, players are 5-20 when shooting against Brook Lopez around the rim so far this season. Seems like a good start?

seikou8
11-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, players are 5-20 when shooting against Brook Lopez around the rim so far this season. Seems like a good start?

he is underrated in that aspect of game i feel he is good shot blocker and above average defender in one on one situation but because of his playing style and his early defense problems he is called soft and a poor defender.

krisxsong
11-02-2013, 09:39 PM
he is underrated in that aspect of game i feel he is good shot blocker and above average defender in one on one situation but because of his playing style and his early defense problems he is called soft and a poor defender.

Eh I kinda disagree.

He is indeed a good rim protector, people automatically throw it out the window because shot blocking is not a good way to measure defense and that is true but that doesn't mean a good shot blocker is a bad defender.

One on one he is an average defender yes, but on rotations he's bad. Watch him in PnR defense.

The reason he's called soft is because even though he's 7'1 290, sometimes he plays more like a finesse big.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 11:49 PM
besides Kirilenko who has a history of injury problems?

besides KG, Terry, and PP, who is old as **** for the game?

DoMeFavors
11-03-2013, 12:22 AM
besides KG, Terry, and PP, who is old as **** for the game?

Pierce played nearly every game last year, Terry had surgery during the summer which he is fully healed from. And when was the last time KG has a significant injury?

Knicks21
11-03-2013, 12:26 AM

Why don't we compare the rosters....

Im sure Drew Gooden and Big Z appreciate being put on the same level as Harden and Westbrook.

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Because Lebron is Lebron. Check his 4th quarter stats that game and watch the quarter. Freaking fadeaway 3 from the corner with a hand in his face. That and they started raining 3's Wade, Allen, and Chalmers also made 3 pointers in the final minute. Nets withstood the run. Nothing they did was particularly bad in those final moments. Heat were just making a run that fell short

Knicks21
11-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Because Lebron is Lebron. Check his 4th quarter stats that game and watch the quarter. Freaking fadeaway 3 from the corner with a hand in his face. That and they started raining 3's Wade, Allen, and Chalmers also made 3 pointers in the final minute. Nets withstood the run. Nothing they did was particularly bad in those final moments. Heat were just making a run that fell short

They were draining 3s because of poor defence/miscommunications, Wade open in the corner was supposed to be Pierce's rotation. Pierce hedged to much on the Chalmers 3, he is slow so he should hedge even less. Switching with player who is 5 inches shorter and about 50 lbs less wasn't wise either on the corner three from Lebron.

Defence was poorly executed in the final minutes, that said, the lead they built during the game saved their butts so kudos for that.

DoMeFavors
11-03-2013, 12:51 AM
They were draining 3s because of poor defence/miscommunications, Wade open in the corner was supposed to be Pierce's rotation. Pierce hedged to much on the Chalmers 3, he is slow so he should hedge even less. Switching with player who is 5 inches shorter and about 50 lbs less wasn't wise either on the corner three from Lebron.

Defence was poorly executed in the final minutes, that said, the lead they built during the game saved their butts so kudos for that.

Wade isnt a good 3 point shooter you close out more on Mario

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Jay Z, King, and especially Prokhorov have been hinting at a big future star signing. Prokhorov was quoted as saying he knows for a fact that there is a big time player that wants to sign in Brooklyn but Prok can't elaborate obviously. It screams Durant to me since they all keep talking about 2016

obviously just speculation but can you really doubt him? He puts his money where his mouth is with no limits when other owners do everything to save on taxes. Players notice this stuff I would imagine

therealwd27
11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=Knicks21;27329434]Why don't we compare the rosters....

Im sure Drew Gooden and Big Z appreciate being put on the same level as Harden and Westbrook.[/QUOT

Your wasting your time this guy and illusionist must have ate paint chips together as kids

TheMightyHumph
11-03-2013, 01:14 AM

Brook is a soft player (especially when compared to his brother) because he is not a physical player, and the opposition is not afraid to take him to the rim, knowing that Brook is not going to knock them on their keesters. At worst, they will get their shot blocked, at best, they will make the basket and get fouled.

Celts won a Title with a much less skilled but much tougher Center in Kendrick Perkins.

If Brook were as tough and mean as Perkins, this could possibly be a Title year.

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Shaq raves about Lopez and calls him the best big man in the game (lol) so I wonder if the Shaq and the Kings would swap Brook for Cousins.

Omg I wish! :(

natelpete
11-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Miami won't care until the last half of the season, then it's all over.

TheMightyHumph
11-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Miami won't care until the last half of the season, then it's all over.

You think Heat will tank to try and get a high draft pick?

P&GRealist
11-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Not understanding why the hate for LeBron.

Can't LeBron fans appreciate Kobe and can't Kobe fans appreciate LeBron?

The two guys have immense respect and admiration for one another. Why can't their fans do likewise?

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Players get caught in switches and **** happens. It's the damn Heat and the Nets have played together a whopping 2 games together. Of course they made mistakes here and there but every team makes mistakes. Consider that they also missed 10+ ft and the starters played together only 8 minutes so they still haven't even figured out the rotation.

I don't think last night proves anything but that the Nets have the potential to give Miami problems. Nobody for them to double. No "Best player " they can put Lebron on to stall the offense like CHI and NY. Not bothered by small ball with their best lineup possibly being Deron, JJ, Pierce, AK, Garnett. Talented scoring C and another off the bench in Blatche. 3 point shooters and great passers

seikou8
11-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Brook is a soft player (especially when compared to his brother) because he is not a physical player, and the opposition is not afraid to take him to the rim, knowing that Brook is not going to knock them on their keesters. At worst, they will get their shot blocked, at best, they will make the basket and get fouled.

Celts won a Title with a much less skilled but much tougher Center in Kendrick Perkins.

If Brook were as tough and mean as Perkins, this could possibly be a Title year.

false u dont need to be physical to be tough and please tell what makes him soft he is just not a great defender but not a bad one either but he is the best scorer on his team he needs to grab at least 8 boards this year tho

Hawkeye15
11-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Woah Woah Woah Hawk, that's a complete 180 from some statements you made a few months ago . You said that there were a few teams with better rosters than the Heat. I'm glad you at least realised you were wrong:cheers:

Dude I started this thread with the intent to discuss the Nets roster, the Heat fans came in here crying and talking crap. I didn't start the bickering!?

forgive me for not putting one second of effort into your "intent". You are a poster whom I have zero respect of, and I can not wait until you are gone. Amo as well.

Its a matter of time. You two can't help yourselves. And I honestly feel sorry for both of you. You both have a very unhealthy hatred of a player that drives you nuts, to the point that I think it impacts your daily lives. That is scary man.

Deny all you want. Neither of you would live on this board just vicariously being this defensive if you were each normal.

I apologize if I offended you. But man, you need to ****ing relax, and stop hating so much.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2013, 01:52 AM
and you have both been warned btw.

Bait again, please

TheMightyHumph
11-03-2013, 01:54 AM
false u dont need to be physical to be tough and please tell what makes him soft he is just not a great defender but not a bad one either but he is the best scorer on his team he needs to grab at least 8 boards this year tho

Yeah, you do need to be physical to be tough.

How long have you been following the NBA?

Knicks21
11-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Players get caught in switches and **** happens. It's the damn Heat and the Nets have played together a whopping 2 games together. Of course they made mistakes here and there but every team makes mistakes. Consider that they also missed 10+ ft and the starters played together only 8 minutes so they still haven't even figured out the rotation.

I don't think last night proves anything but that the Nets have the potential to give Miami problems. Nobody for them to double. No "Best player " they can put Lebron on to stall the offense like CHI and NY. Not bothered by small ball with their best lineup possibly being Deron, JJ, Pierce, AK, Garnett. Talented scoring C and another off the bench in Blatche. 3 point shooters and great passers

So last night doesn't prove anything yet you go on to tell how the Nets have the blueprint to beat Miami... You can't have it both ways.

And it wasn't a miscommunication either, I said that earlier to put it lightly. Either Pierce was fatigued which in itself is worrying or he couldn't be bothered closing out the shooter, it wasn't a miscommunication. Pierce has been in the league for 1000 years he knows, as does every defensive system in the history of basketball, that he is supposed to close out.

But hey, last night didn't prove anything.

alexander_37
11-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Jay Z, King, and especially Prokhorov have been hinting at a big future star signing. Prokhorov was quoted as saying he knows for a fact that there is a big time player that wants to sign in Brooklyn but Prok can't elaborate obviously. It screams Durant to me since they all keep talking about 2016

obviously just speculation but can you really doubt him? He puts his money where his mouth is with no limits when other owners do everything to save on taxes. Players notice this stuff I would imagine

Yeah that's gonna happen with your current payroll :rolleyes:

JerseyPalahniuk
11-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Yeah that's gonna happen with your current payroll :rolleyes:

Reading comprehension man. Future, ie not current. He mentioned 2016 - we only have Dwill on the payroll then (and it's his last year, afterwards his contract would start at 15-16mil if given max).

alexander_37
11-03-2013, 03:41 AM
Reading comprehension man. Future, ie not current. He mentioned 2016 - we only have Dwill on the payroll then (and it's his last year, afterwards his contract would start at 15-16mil if given max).

There is 0 chance Durant goes to Brooklyn, they can keep trying to buy a championship like NYK. It's not happening, they are going to give a max deal to a guy like STAT and make the playoffs and get kicked out in round 1/2.

east fb knicks
11-03-2013, 03:49 AM
lmao this by far is the funniest thread i've ever read not because the nets aren't contenders but the comments got me :laugh:

Knicks21
11-03-2013, 03:49 AM
There is 0 chance Durant goes to Brooklyn, they can keep trying to buy a championship like NYK. It's not happening, they are going to give a max deal to a guy like STAT and make the playoffs and get kicked out in round 1/2.

I don't see the point here. Please elaborate on what you mean by "buying" championships, because as far as I am concerned the league has a salary cap, and those that go over it have severe restrictions.

I'd like to see a team who has won a championship whilst being under the cap.

krisxsong
11-03-2013, 05:24 AM

If you consider that bad defense because it could have been better, then you probably never see good defense huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dp5bmgqhU

2:45 Sure somebody should have rotated over but it was good ball movement by the Heat. If a team is required to have good ball movement in order to get an open shot, that's pretty solid defense. Plus, Wade is the one player to lose if you're going to lose someone, he sucks at 3s.

2:53 Paul Pierce is clogging the lane to try and prevent LeBron from driving right. Chalmers makes a contested 3. Not bad defense.

3:10 So in your mind, DWILL wasn't supposed to switch on that screen. Paul Pierce was supposed to try and fight through the screen and go contest LeBron's shot? Yeah I don't think so.

krisxsong
11-03-2013, 05:31 AM

And how do you know this? And what is wrong with "buying" a championship? Last time I checked, nobody plays for free.

I know you mean they try to win by signing a whole bunch of guys, but so what? What is so wrong with that? Every team has to try and build through the draft?

For example look at the Rockets.

Jeremy Lin - FA Signing
Dwight Howard - FA Signing
James Harden - Trade
Chandler Parsons - Draft
Omer Asik - FA Signing

There are very few teams in the NBA that are good and consists of it's core players being drafted, there's probably no more than 2.

krisxsong
11-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Shaq raves about Lopez and calls him the best big man in the game (lol) so I wonder if the Shaq and the Kings would swap Brook for Cousins.

Omg I wish! :(

The only time I would ever trade Brook Lopez for DeMarcus Cousins is if Cousins is being coached by somebody that can help him mature and contain his immaturity both on and off the court.

DMC would easily be the best big man in the NBA if he had that kind of coach.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-03-2013, 06:55 AM
And how do you know this? And what is wrong with "buying" a championship? Last time I checked, nobody plays for free.

I know you mean they try to win by signing a whole bunch of guys, but so what? What is so wrong with that? Every team has to try and build through the draft?

For example look at the Rockets.

Jeremy Lin - FA Signing
Dwight Howard - FA Signing
James Harden - Trade
Chandler Parsons - Draft
Omer Asik - FA Signing

There are very few teams in the NBA that are good and consists of it's core players being drafted, there's probably no more than 2.

Seriously. This isn't the NFL or MLB, in the NBA high salary teams win championships and not so often do teams that "build through the draft". That has been evident in the last 20 years or so.

archdevil84
11-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Wade isnt a good 3 point shooter you close out more on Mario

so far wade is shooting a whopping 50% from downtown this season!

FlashMacker
11-03-2013, 07:35 AM
The Kings will win the 2014 championship.

It will be a rough Western conference playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them in a seven game series. Boy are they stacked with Demarcus Cousins. Once they get their chemistry down they will be scary good. The only thing I see stoping them from tearing through everybody is Demarcus Cousins immaturity firing up the opponent. Discuss!

amos1er
11-03-2013, 08:19 AM

The two guys have immense respect and admiration for one another. Why can't their fans do likewise?

Well said!

amos1er
11-03-2013, 08:21 AM
forgive me for not putting one second of effort into your "intent". You are a poster whom I have zero respect of, and I can not wait until you are gone. Amo as well.

Its a matter of time. You two can't help yourselves. And I honestly feel sorry for both of you. You both have a very unhealthy hatred of a player that drives you nuts, to the point that I think it impacts your daily lives. That is scary man.

Deny all you want. Neither of you would live on this board just vicariously being this defensive if you were each normal.

I apologize if I offended you. But man, you need to ****ing relax, and stop hating so much.

It's a two way street bro. Seriously, you need to look within yourself and apply that very same logic to your judgement of Kobe Bryant. Peace.

Knicks21
11-03-2013, 08:25 AM
If you consider that bad defense because it could have been better, then you probably never see good defense huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dp5bmgqhU

2:45 Sure somebody should have rotated over but it was good ball movement by the Heat. If a team is required to have good ball movement in order to get an open shot, that's pretty solid defense. Plus, Wade is the one player to lose if you're going to lose someone, he sucks at 3s.

2:53 Paul Pierce is clogging the lane to try and prevent LeBron from driving right. Chalmers makes a contested 3. Not bad defense.

3:10 So in your mind, DWILL wasn't supposed to switch on that screen. Paul Pierce was supposed to try and fight through the screen and go contest LeBron's shot? Yeah I don't think so.

1. if it was the 3rd quarter and they are up by 20 then sure, let him take the three. This is the NBA, guys can defend, especially when it is just contesting the shot. Im not asking Pierce to guard Kobe one on one in the post, all that is needed is a contested shot, if Wade beats him of the dribble then Garnett helps and Pierce rotates back to the next pass, its fairly straightforward.

2. Its not Pierces help, he is one pass away and not meant to be on split, I think its Alan Anderson (who wasn't even looking at the ball) in the far corner that should be on split. Down by 5 and you have pierce hedging to far of his man, again, bad defence.

3. It shouldn't have been a switch if it meant D Will would end up on Lebron, if it was someone longer, heavier, Kirelinko perhaps then fine, but it wasn't. This is more a communication problem as D Will defended it as best he could and I expect Kidd to sort that out when he comes back.

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Oh he is very soft. When you watch him play and when you see his box score you see the typical 20pt 6reb line but when you watch closely he strays further from the rim when it starts getting physical and opts for floaters and layups when he should take it strong. He flails a lot and hopes for refs to bail him out. He gets out hustled for rebounds by guards and outmuscled by smaller guys (brook is now 7"2).

Brook is a finesse C but he doesn't have the iq of Gasol nor passing skills to make it work and unlike Gasol Brook starts folding when it gets rough as Noah proved game 7

If Brook had the mentality of Perkins he would be the best C in the NBA

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 08:35 AM
This team was built to beat the Heat. So yes we have the components and we will see if they will put it all together when they meet the Heat in the playoffs.

He was not fatigued lmao Knicks fans smh he said this summer he is focused and in the best shape he has been in years. He only played 31 minutes last night and had the most mins on the team. The team is still learning to play together.. brand new team.. surely you understand this

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 08:36 AM
They have all the space they need for 2016.

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 08:42 AM
If the Kings accepted I would do it without hesitation. As team of vets like this is where Cousins would flourish and he is a load inside moreso than Brook meaning you can't stop Cousins by just roughing him up.

waveycrockett
11-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Oh he is very soft. When you watch him play and when you see his box score you see the typical 20pt 6reb line but when you watch closely he strays further from the rim when it starts getting physical and opts for floaters and layups when he should take it strong. He flails a lot and hopes for refs to bail him out. He gets out hustled for rebounds by guards and outmuscled by smaller guys (brook is now 7"2).

Brook is a finesse C but he doesn't have the iq of Gasol nor passing skills to make it work and unlike Gasol Brook starts folding when it gets rough as Noah proved game 7

If Brook had the mentality of Perkins he would be the best C in the NBA
Brooks added strength is evident tho. A big part of his soft label was him being pushed around in the block. Between Bynum,Varejeo, Bosh, and Haslem none of those guys were able to move Brook at all which is a great sign. His mentality is a work in progress but more time with KG will only help. He will never have the goon mentality of Perk or Noah and doesn't need it to be top tier center.

mightybosstone
11-03-2013, 10:55 AM

:worthy:

TheMightyHumph
11-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't see the point here. Please elaborate on what you mean by "buying" championships, because as far as I am concerned the league has a salary cap, and those that go over it have severe restrictions.

I'd like to see a team who has won a championship whilst being under the cap.

Spurs in '03, I believe

alexander_37
11-03-2013, 12:20 PM
The point being if you are so intent on looking forward to 2016 obviously you are not convinced you can win now. With this roster. The Nets have 0 shot at a championship this year.

waveycrockett
11-03-2013, 12:22 PM
The point being if you are so intent on looking forward to 2016 obviously you are not convinced you can win now. With this roster. The Nets have 0 shot at a championship this year.
No Nets fan is looking past this season. We obviously have the best team to compete for a title since our 2002 squad. We just know that we are set up perfect for 2016 so it's funny when people say we only have a 1 or 2 year window.

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2013, 12:32 PM
The point being if you are so intent on looking forward to 2016 obviously you are not convinced you can win now. With this roster. The Nets have 0 shot at a championship this year. really? No shot huh? Damn tough crowd

Look man this was all done to win now. It just so happens that as an added bonus they now have the flexibility to go after Durant whom they have been hinting at for the last few months

TheMightyHumph
11-03-2013, 12:36 PM
No Nets fan is looking past this season. We obviously have the best team to compete for a title since our 2002 squad. We just know that we are set up perfect for 2016 so it's funny when people say we only have a 1 or 2 year window.

'03-'04 squad was the best of the Kidd teams.

waveycrockett
11-03-2013, 12:38 PM
'03-'04 squad was the best of the Kidd teams.

Maybe I preferred the 2002 team with RJ off the bench and CB4 calling Van Horn the next Larry Bird.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-03-2013, 02:48 PM

The two guys have immense respect and admiration for one another. Why can't their fans do likewise?I tried when i first joined, but the Heat fans refused to comply.

I apologize if I offended you. But man, you need to ****ing relax, and stop hating so much.Like i said bro, i made a thread about the Nets and somehow you guys turn it into a Lebron thread. Cool blame me for being attacked by 20 Heat fans.

lmao this by far is the funniest thread i've ever read not because the nets aren't contenders but the comments got me :laugh:
:bow:

so far wade is shooting a whopping 50% from downtown this season!
Lol ,come on.. I know you love Wade, but we all know his jumper and three pointer are not very good.

ATX
11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I tried when i first joined, but the Heat fans refused to comply.

Like i said bro, i made a thread about the Nets and somehow you guys turn it into a Lebron thread. Cool blame me for being attacked by 20 Heat fans.

Lol ,come on.. I know you love Wade, but we all know his jumper and three pointer are not very good.

So you come back today from being warned and post three sentences, each of which are all basically talking **** to HEAT fans.

What world are you living in where you think you were innocent from which you were warned? Below is your SECOND post...And it's of course ripe with baiting and your same old **** talking. You immediately derailed your own thread, because you can't exist without harping on the back to back NBA champions.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRKbez1LpWU

The OP.

ThaDubs
11-03-2013, 04:03 PM

The OP.

I was thinking the same.

5ass
11-03-2013, 04:21 PM
I tried when i first joined, but the Heat fans refused to comply.

Like i said bro, i made a thread about the Nets and somehow you guys turn it into a Lebron thread. Cool blame me for being attacked by 20 Heat fans.

:bow:

So your logic is because some Lebron fans think he's better than Kobe that you should start hating on Lebron? Nice logic, are you 10 years old?

The problem is you show 0 contributions to this site other than posts that show Lebron in a negative light. Even if you have to spin some irrelevant ****, you will find a way to discredit Lebron. It just shows how bitter you are. All you do is "+1" any post against Lebron, then make threads that show even more hatred against the guy.

Relax, all this hate is unhealthy. This is why no one here takes you seriously.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-03-2013, 04:22 PM
So you come back today from being warned and post three sentences, each of which are all basically talking **** to HEAT fans.

What world are you living in where you think you were innocent from which you were warned? Below is your SECOND post...And it's of course ripe with baiting and your same old **** talking. You immediately derailed your own thread, because you can't exist without harping on the back to back NBA champions.
It's true I tried making peace between Lakers and Heat fans and you guys but you guys did't want to.

The second part was a response to a mod so mind your buisness.

The third sentence was 100 percent acurate, Wade jumper has always been suspect. Am i not supposed to tell the truth? Get real.

The OP.

I was thinking the same.

Won't even fall for the bait with you two.