PDA

View Full Version : The Sack

Manimal
11-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Who will be the first coach to get the sack.

I am picking Randy Wittman of the Wizards. Most likely George Karl to get the job.

Wizards are in playoff or bust mode and off to an 0-2 start.

Karl would be the perfect man for the job, his hurry up offense will suit John Wall perfectly. Plus he is very good at getting production from athletic bigs with no post game with his rim run and lay it off to the big man game.

The familiarity with Nene and Al Harrington.

Ty Corbin would probably be sacked after the all star break too. Replaced by a similarly inept manager till the end of the season. The tank is on on Utah, or Corbin would have been sacked by now.

Who else?

Jumba
11-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Corbin isn't going to be sacked. For what grounds would he be sacked this season? winning games?

Kushed
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
i have no idea how randy wittman is even a head coach in the NBA

**** is embarrassing

Manimal
11-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Corbin isn't going to be sacked. For what grounds would he be sacked this season? winning games?

For generally being inept. Not gonna last more than this season anyway. Better off management bring in their puppet who gives rookies and young players lots of playing time.

mdm692
11-03-2013, 05:24 AM
i have no idea how randy wittman is even a head coach in the NBA

**** is embarrassing
The same way MJ tries to be GM. Fantastic player and definitely the G.O.A.T. but he's pathetic when it comes to the business side of things.

denverfan66
11-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Scott Brooks might get exposed in this time that Westbrook is out when it comes his half-court sets. It might take 35-40 from KD on a nightly basis to get wins until he gets back. Disappointment in the playoffs and he should be on the hot seat.

Sly Guy
11-03-2013, 01:45 PM
if the raps start slow, Casey will be gone by xmas. And depending on MU's r'ship with Karl, I can see him being in the running for the coaching job

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Well... there seems to be a few teams (by which I mean the front office) who are quite content with losing, so I'm not sure firing a guy mid-season will happen, as they can just wait until the season is done, get high draft pick and lure a head coach in with that.

The Lakers are going to suck, but I think Buss has too much of an ego to fire 'Antoni because it will make it obvious that he made a mistake and blew the Dwight deal.

If Houston has a slump, I expect McHale to get canned.

Washington's head coach is a good pick because that team will struggle to win and they are likely expecting a playoff appearance. I'm not sure they are a playoff team, but there are likely better coaches out there than the one they have. Of the other lottery teams, I think most expect to miss the playoffs and many have coaches in the first year of their contracts.... I don't expect them to get canned in their first season with the team....

Brooks, I think, has earned some room to breath... the lost of Westbrook to injury and Martin to free agency is a reason to lose some games. Those are two of your top three scorers.

Several coaches will deserve to be fired.... but I think you are right.... the Wizards will likely be the first to do it unless Houston hits a dry spell.

Antoni would be first on my list if I thought Buss knew what he was doing.

Manimal
11-06-2013, 05:39 AM
I'd like to add Monty Williams to 'The Sack' sweepstakes. Pellies want playoffs and they are playing like ***. He won't last long unless they start winning soon.

Manimal
11-13-2013, 04:15 AM
Monty Williams and Randy Wittmans seats are getting hotter by the day.