PDA

View Full Version : All Sixers and Suns Players To Be Dealt By Tomorrow?

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:00 AM
I bet the GM's of these teams are fuming right now. Apparently the two teams didn't get the tank memo from the front office :laugh:. 2-0 start for both.

DallasTrilla23
11-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Yea they're doing A horrible job. Hawes is a rebounding machine and Bledsoe is hitting game winners left and right.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Yea they're doing A horrible job. Hawes is a rebounding machine and Bledsoe is hitting game winners left and right.

What's funny is last week we had a thread on who will win the tank race. Then these fools come out pimp slapping.

Guppyfighter
11-02-2013, 02:32 AM
The goal of tanking is to get young talent. If they get young talent and accidentally win too many games they won't be too upset.

More-Than-Most
11-02-2013, 03:20 AM
I bet the GM's of these teams are fuming right now. Apparently the two teams didn't get the tank memo from the front office :laugh:. 2-0 start for both.

They would **** this up as well. Suns and Sixers would trade all their players to each other in a 2 team swap

JLynn943
11-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Heat going into tank mode instead :p

DallasTrilla23
11-02-2013, 03:44 AM
Heat going into tank mode instead :p

Wade Wiggins Lebron Bosh on the same damn team

Chuck Taylor
11-02-2013, 03:56 AM
funny thread

sunsfan88
11-02-2013, 04:15 AM
I'm pissed.

Just kidding. Plumlee is looking so good for us. He's the hidden gem from that Scola trade.

Heediot
11-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Bad shooting night from the Suns backcourt, the guys who were supposed to carry that team and they still win.

Wiggins would be the perfect addition to Utah though.

astonmartin10
11-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Both teams playing good ball. Young players trying to prove themselves. They will start losing eventually. Or else they will sit them lol

king4day
11-02-2013, 09:21 AM
keep in mind, Orlando had a hot start last season and still ended up with the top pick. Teams will learn how to play each other and within a few weeks we'll see who the suns and Sixers really are

rlendensky
11-02-2013, 09:29 AM
its 2 wins lets not get carried away

Vinny642
11-02-2013, 09:33 AM
keep in mind, Orlando had a hot start last season and still ended up with the top pick. Teams will learn how to play each other and within a few weeks we'll see who the suns and Sixers really are

Cleveland had the top pick

king4day
11-02-2013, 09:38 AM

Cleveland had the top pick

My bad. I meant second pick. I'm really not sure how I messed up since I definitely know that the Cavs took Bennett number one.
Same point though. They still wound up with a top 5 pick.

Swashcuff
11-02-2013, 09:54 AM

Didn't the Bobcats start off 7-5 last season and people actually started talking playoffs.

Evan and Hawes are usually very good starters to the season but as it progresses their play takes a nose dive, once that happens I expect to see many long losing streaks for the 76ers.

bholly
11-02-2013, 10:35 AM
I don't think the Sixers' FO mind at all. The way MCW and some of the other young guys have looked is super encouraging for the future, and the way ET, Hawes, and Thad have looked is great for their potential trade value (or future value to our team). Not to mention that this start will do great things for their public support and ticket sales in Philly.
They knew we were going to win some games - I don't think they give a **** when they are, and they aren't seriously worried that we're accidentally going to make the playoffs or anything.

Heediot
11-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I honestly think Evan Turner is going to be legit this year. He should thrive with his new responsibilities.

DallasTrilla23
11-02-2013, 11:45 AM
its 2 wins lets not get carried away

Every win natters in the race for Wiggins.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Hornecek didn't seem happy one bit about Bledsoe's game winner haha. His first comments if I recall were "I didn't want him to take a 3 I wanted him to drive" but given the defense the Jazz were playing (Hayward sagging off, bigs inside) Bledsoe made the right decision.

Knick_Fever
11-02-2013, 12:06 PM

lol, yeah and MCW leading a win over the defending champs while flirting with quadruple-doubles wont help the cause either.

MagicBucsSox
11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Every win natters in the race for Wiggins.

Lmao all this wiggins talk, damn let the kid play real college competition vs real coaches before we crown him. Hell the same hype was given to Austin Rivers who's a bum, and Harrison Barnes who's just solid

Swashcuff
11-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Lmao all this wiggins talk, damn let the kid play real college competition vs real coaches before we crown him. Hell the same hype was given to Austin Rivers who's a bum, and Harrison Barnes who's just solid

Harrison and Austin were indeed quite hyped but they were not nearly as hyped or had as much overall game or anywhere near Wiggins athletic ability (and Barnes was seen as an elite athlete so that's saying a lot for Wiggins). Unless he completely bombs in college he'll be the number 1 overall without question.

hugepatsfan
11-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Celtics blew a 20 point lead last night. They're more committed to this than the other teams and Stern should fix the lottery for us anyway. We're the ****ing Celtics.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Celtics blew a 20 point lead last night. They're more committed to this than the other teams and Stern should fix the lottery for us anyway. We're the ****ing Celtics.

Then you had Gerald Wallace blow up post game about how selfish the team is. 2 assists on 33 field goals made in the second half ROFL. Celtics may very will win the race for Wiggins.

hugepatsfan
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Then you had Gerald Wallace blow up post game about how selfish the team is. 2 assists on 33 field goals made in the second half ROFL. Celtics may very will win the race for Wiggins.

Hopefully Rondo doesn't play well when he comes back or if he does it entices someone to make a great trade offer.

mdm692
11-02-2013, 01:05 PM
We played Portland who has no C and we killed them in the paint. We then played utah who has no PG and Bledsoe killed them on that one. We now go on a 3 game road trip against OKC, NOP and SAS which should bring us back to reality.

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm pissed.

Just kidding. Plumlee is looking so good for us. He's the hidden gem from that Scola trade.

And what about EB :drool:

hugepatsfan
11-02-2013, 01:09 PM
We played Portland who has no C and we killed them in the paint. We then played utah who has no PG and Bledsoe killed them on that one. We now go on a 3 game road trip against OKC, NOP and SAS which should bring us back to reality.

Stop being a homer. The Celtics are clearly worse than the Suns. :p

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 01:16 PM

Surprised at how mediocre the Pelicans have looked. They are putting up solid numbers individually with a lot of possessions.. but they don't look that good as a team. OKC looks like a lotto team right now quite frankly. The only team I'm almost positive will beat you in that stretch is the Spurs.

But don't forget Bledsoe is a Spurs/Grizzlies killer. Those teams just can't handle him and Tony Parker still has nightmares of Bledsoe on defense I'm sure.

MagicBucsSox
11-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Harrison and Austin were indeed quite hyped but they were not nearly as hyped or had as much overall game or anywhere near Wiggins athletic ability (and Barnes was seen as an elite athlete so that's saying a lot for Wiggins). Unless he completely bombs in college he'll be the number 1 overall without question.

Barnes was put on the AP preseason all american team. Only freshman to do that at the time, rivers was dubbed the next Iverson .

The Wiggins hype only came after Parker went to get surgery.

RLundi
11-02-2013, 01:37 PM

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Players' stocks rise and fall all the time. Shabazz was once can't-miss and he slipped immensely. Not saying Wiggins won't be a top-3 selection, who knows, but that's why they play the games. We'll see.

SMH!
11-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Barnes was put on the AP preseason all american team. Only freshman to do that at the time, rivers was dubbed the next Iverson .

Wiggins has had this hype before he even entered Huntington Prep, not sure if you were paying attention back then.. The hype has been there for a while

MagicBucsSox
11-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Wiggins has had this hype before he even entered Huntington Prep, not sure if you were paying attention back then.. The hype has been there for a while

Junior yr Parker was the #1 guy. Sr yr got knee surgery, then wiggins overtook him

Swashcuff
11-02-2013, 02:18 PM

What was DeShawn Stevenson's comparison again coming out of college? Rivers wasn't dubbed the next A.I. he was seen as an amazing scorer for his size and drew A.I. comparison, he was also unfairly hyped because he was the son of Doc Rivers he drew lots of attention.

Being the only freshman placed on the AP all American team doesn't make him anywhere near as hyped, skilled, talented or athletic as Wiggins. Right now we're discussing the hype in which a player received and why he did. When Barnes was named of the AA team he was not being spoken of as the consensus number one. Wiggins' hype came on more as he played more senior year ball as is common. It's not like Parker was extremely hyped before he got his surgery done.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Players' stocks rise and fall all the time. Shabazz was once can't-miss and he slipped immensely. Not saying Wiggins won't be a top-3 selection, who knows, but that's why they play the games. We'll see.

Given his talent, skill set and athletic ability especially unless he performs HORRENDOUSLY this year he's the consensus number 1. No other player since LeBron has be as highly touted for his athletic ability, talent and pure skill.

Swashcuff
11-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Junior yr Parker was the #1 guy. Sr yr got knee surgery, then wiggins overtook him

All the most hyped players gain their hype steam in their senior year. Its only logical that that would be the case. You're making it sound as if Wiggins is an inferior player/talent and that the only reason he's even being spoken of is because of Parker not play.

mdm692
11-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Stop being a homer. The Celtics are clearly worse than the Suns. :p

And that's fine ;). I'll stick to the 2nd-3rd worst record in the league :p. Only 4 times has the worst record in the league gotten #1 overall sooooo yeah.

2-ONE-5
11-02-2013, 03:27 PM
cant force players to tank on the court. but that said Orlando was 12-13 something like that last year and only won 8 games after

2-ONE-5
11-02-2013, 03:32 PM

Wiggins reclassed. He should actually be a HS senor this year I believe.

bholly
11-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Wiggins reclassed. He should actually be a HS senor this year I believe.

Pretty sure he did the thing where you stay back a year when you're young, so that growing up you're a year older than everybody else and get all the attention, and then jump back into your correct class once you're older. So he's in the right place, he just wasn't for a while.

jp611
11-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Utah is just quietly tanking while these two teams win lol

Guppyfighter
11-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Surprised at how mediocre the Pelicans have looked. They are putting up solid numbers individually with a lot of possessions.. but they don't look that good as a team. OKC looks like a lotto team right now quite frankly. The only team I'm almost positive will beat you in that stretch is the Spurs.

But don't forget Bledsoe is a Spurs/Grizzlies killer. Those teams just can't handle him and Tony Parker still has nightmares of Bledsoe on defense I'm sure.

This is a prime example of why efficiency stats matter so much. Sure, Jrue put up 17 points last game with 5 assists. But he also shot the ball 19 times and turned it over four times.

Pellies gotta be more efficient.

2-ONE-5
11-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Pretty sure he did the thing where you stay back a year when you're young, so that growing up you're a year older than everybody else and get all the attention, and then jump back into your correct class once you're older. So he's in the right place, he just wasn't for a while.

yea youre right. i was technically right but you nailed it lol. Wiggins didnt pass Parker due to any injury h passed him when he joined the same class almost instantly. seriously cant wait for em to square off in a few weeks

sunsfan88
11-02-2013, 07:11 PM
And what about EB :drool:

He's good but that's expected. I still don't know if he's a max player though.

Plumlee has been the bigger surprise. The kid is a baller.

THE MTL
11-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Relax its 2 games. Orlando and Charlotte started off good last season and we all know how that ended.

I still do expect philly to trade Young and Hawes though.

Cal827
11-02-2013, 10:17 PM
The Eastern Conference Champion: The Philadelphia 76ers.

DallasTrilla23
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Spencer Hawes is ice cold. He put the team on his back and he's gonna carry them to the playoffs

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Hell hath no fury like the not tanking Sixers LMAO.