PDA

View Full Version : Will Tristan Thompson be an All star this year?

TorontoHuskies
11-02-2013, 12:00 AM
He was already close to being a double double guy last year and now he has a mid range shot and is able to hit FT's thanks to his historic switch of shooting hands. Through two games he's averaging 19.5 ppg and 10 rb and he clearly looks like he's on another level with his new found offense. So do you think he'll be an All Star this year (I know the sample size is small)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGLljMs4_2s

ThaDubs
11-02-2013, 12:46 AM
I hope so.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 01:11 AM
It's far too early in the season to make a legitimate judgment, but I had really high hopes for him out of college, and he showed real progress last season. If he were to put up something like 16-18 points and 8-10 rebounds on decent efficiency and defense, it's not out of the question. The real question, though, is whether he'll have better seasons than other forwards.

Lebron, Melo and George are the only true locks at the forward positions in the East. Unless they change the format to lump centers in with forwards, that will leave 3-4 spots left for the remaining forwards. Bosh, Garnett, Pierce, Jefferson, Smith, Millsap, West, Deng, Monroe and Boozer among other young guys or players on bad teams who could produce well, like Tobias Harris, Thaddeus Young and Jeff Green.

It will depend a lot on how some of the older guys produce in less roles and how the other younger players in the league develop. But at this point, I still think Thompson as an All-Star is still an outside shot.

JEDean89
11-02-2013, 01:25 AM
I think it will have a lot to do with the Cavs success. Kyrie is likely a shoe in as an allstar and i don't see coaches rewarding a lottery team 2 allstars. if they get that 7-8th slot and Thompson is close to a 20 and 10 guy then ya he can definitely be an allstar.

SugeKnight
11-02-2013, 01:31 AM
I don't see it

JoeDirt05
11-02-2013, 01:37 AM
no

WITZ
11-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Its possible dude has improved drastically since his rookie season and is now hitting that 15 footer and free throws at a respectable rate. He may not be a allstar this year but with his worth ethic and constant improvements its not out of the question.

slaker619
11-02-2013, 02:13 AM
He puts in work and is getting slept on -.-