PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to the Z-Bo Giveaway.....

Tony_Starks
11-01-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm predicting it right now they will give him away before allstar break. Probably sheerly for garbage cap relief players and future picks. ( like waaaaaaay in the future picks ) Then theIr season will effectively come to an end.

I really hope they don't because he's one of my favorite players but I see the handwriting on the wall with the direction they're going in. I'm sorry Memphis......

THE MTL
11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Yet another knee jerk thread to one bad performance. Seriously ppl get a grip!

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 06:46 PM

This is actually valid. They have been negotiating with Ed Davis to stick around for the future and at 32, on the decline Zbo definitely isn't likely to be re-signed in Memphis. I also see him being traded, said it last year too.

mightybosstone
11-01-2013, 06:47 PM
I still think it's too early to tell about this Memphis team, but based on what I saw of them in the preseason and what they did in the first game before Duncan came out, this isn't that crazy of a prediction. That offense is wildly inconsistent, they did very little to address the lack of perimeter shooting on the roster which has killed them the last few seasons, and Randolph just keeps looking older and older.

The Grizzlies have been so good for a while now that it's easy to think of them as an older, veteran squad, but that really isn't the case. Gasol is only 28 and Conley is only 26 and those are the two guys this team needs to build around. If they can get rid of Randolph's contract without taking back too much cap and then flip Prince for something, then they could have the space to add a very good player in the offseason and be very good for a long time.

Hell, if they could get a legitimate star forward somehow and add some shooters on this squad in the next couple of years, there's no reason the Grizzlies couldn't contend. Conley and Gasol is about as good a No. 2 and No. 3 duo as you can find in this league. They're just missing that No. 1 guy to piece together the puzzle.

THE MTL
11-01-2013, 07:01 PM

This is actually valid. They have been negotiating with Ed Davis to stick around for the future and at 32, on the decline Zbo definitely isn't likely to be re-signed in Memphis. I also see him being traded, said it last year too.

And then they made it to western conference finals last year so they really beat ur whole trade idea.

And Ed Davis is no Zbo. But either way its far too early in the season to predict anything...but coming from a guy who's judging Derrick Rose from his "stat line against the knicks" I wouldnt expect u to understand that

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 07:04 PM
And then they made it to western conference finals last year so they really beat ur whole trade idea.

And Ed Davis is no Zbo. But either way its far too early in the season to predict anything...but coming from a guy who's judging Derrick Rose from his "stat line against the knicks" I wouldnt expect u to understand that

How does making a run beat my trade idea lol. I predicted last year that within 2 years Zbo would be gone given the circumstances I just mentioned. I'm not judging Zbo's game AT ALL, I didn't even see it. I'm basing this on common sense and how NBA contracts, decline, loyalty work.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Hes getting around that age where it has to at least be an option

Tony_Starks
11-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm not judging this off his play btw, I think it's strictly financial. They obviously prefer Davis who is younger and more economical even though Randolph is a 20 and 10 waiting to happen.

My gut feeling is he will go to a contender and all hell will break loose and everyone will be saying "why did they do that!!!"

Blitzbolt
11-01-2013, 07:44 PM
I don"t mind gasol is our number 1 now as long as we send prince with him we will be ok.

Tony_Starks
11-01-2013, 07:48 PM
I still think it's too early to tell about this Memphis team, but based on what I saw of them in the preseason and what they did in the first game before Duncan came out, this isn't that crazy of a prediction. That offense is wildly inconsistent, they did very little to address the lack of perimeter shooting on the roster which has killed them the last few seasons, and Randolph just keeps looking older and older.

The Grizzlies have been so good for a while now that it's easy to think of them as an older, veteran squad, but that really isn't the case. Gasol is only 28 and Conley is only 26 and those are the two guys this team needs to build around. If they can get rid of Randolph's contract without taking back too much cap and then flip Prince for something, then they could have the space to add a very good player in the offseason and be very good for a long time.

Hell, if they could get a legitimate star forward somehow and add some shooters on this squad in the next couple of years, there's no reason the Grizzlies couldn't contend. Conley and Gasol is about as good a No. 2 and No. 3 duo as you can find in this league. They're just missing that No. 1 guy to piece together the puzzle.

I agree but just giving Randoplh away you're pretty much saying that you're sacrificing this season. If they were smart they would've snagged either JJ Reddick or Dudley. Or even Dunleavy. Like you said all they really need is perimeter shooting. The rest of their positions are pretty good....

Chronz
11-01-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm not judging this off his play btw, I think it's strictly financial. They obviously prefer Davis who is younger and more economical even though Randolph is a 20 and 10 waiting to happen.

My gut feeling is he will go to a contender and all hell will break loose and everyone will be saying "why did they do that!!!"
You might not be judging it that way but the team will and should. If Z-Bo were still a legit 20-10 guy, he wouldn't be on the market but hes getting around that age where you start to weigh your options more heavily.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I agree but just giving Randoplh away you're pretty much saying that you're sacrificing this season. If they were smart they would've snagged either JJ Reddick or Dudley. Or even Dunleavy. Like you said all they really need is perimeter shooting. The rest of their positions are pretty good....
They couldn't get those guys cuz they lacked the assets. Reddick was prolly going to Minny if not for Doc and co. Mike Miller was the best shooter they could get, he may not help for the RS much but hes proven serviceable come playoffs. And Memphis is at that point where regular season success is irrelevant, they've always had their best runs as underdogs. That said, Z-Bo cant show serious decline signs and still be worth keeping.

AddiX
11-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Who knows what the griz have planned, they made big moves in there organization to really focus on building there roster through analytics which IMO can work for he regular season, but in the playoffs just doesn't. Playoffs you need talent. Makes you wonder what kind of dedication they have to actually winning a ring.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Who knows what the griz have planned, they made big moves in there organization to really focus on building there roster through analytics which IMO can work for he regular season, but in the playoffs just doesn't. Playoffs you need talent. Makes you wonder what kind of dedication they have to actually winning a ring.
They didn't need analytics to know the team had its most success without that perceived talent in Gay. That the stats backed their beliefs made it a no brainer.

AddiX
11-01-2013, 08:49 PM
They didn't need analytics to know the team had its most success without that perceived talent in Gay. That the stats backed their beliefs made it a no brainer.

My comment had nothing to do with Rudy gay, I agree that was a good move. But there is little doubt in my mind this is a team that seems more focused on maximizing profits than it is on a championship.

And I could be wrong, but that's just my guess based on recent moves, or lack of moves for that matter.