PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose's Performance Against The Knicks.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWxHFMog9w&feature=youtu.be&t=4m40s

Bulls fans do you think Rose is going to be back to MVP form this year? I was reading Rose saying that he's far better this year than he ever was and Bulls fans agree. I know the shot is off but how is defense, rebounding, passing etc?

15 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.5 apg, 0.0 spg, 0.0 bpg on 29 percent shooting in two games so far. Only two games though, still plenty of time for MVP. I love watching his game so hope he keeps getting back into shape.

Stunner
11-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Bait thread really ?

the situation
11-01-2013, 04:45 PM
wow, a thread by you that doesnt involve you eating a clippers player's butthole. i'm surprised.

THE MTL
11-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Like Rose has been saying, he is just playing bad right now. Ppl go through it. He looks just as fast as ever and has all his moves. He just simply isnt making shots.

*Superman*
11-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Lol, lets give they guy 15 games at least.

Slug3
11-01-2013, 04:53 PM
What is up with all these player threads based off of one/two games? Are we going to make one all the time now after each game? Isn't things like this suppose to be in the game thread? this is getting to be a little much.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Guys I'm not making any assessment here. I'm trying to make my PSD brothers laugh and just have relaxed, family style conversation. Not a serious thing. We are all a happy family here at PSD.

the situation
11-01-2013, 05:14 PM
can a mod take this guys posting privileges away?

faridk89
11-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Guys I'm not making any assessment here. I'm trying to make my PSD brothers laugh and just have relaxed, family style conversation. Not a serious thing. We are all a happy family here at PSD.

LOL, PSD is definitely not one big happy family guy.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Yes, he looks far better than I thought he would athletically, we already know he has the intelligence to combine his gifts/traits with high end 2-way production and elite clutch play, he should have his best year ever. Maybe not in the aggregate but when we look at his final 2-3 months of play, I bet its going to be a tear we've never seen from him.

2-ONE-5
11-01-2013, 05:26 PM

lol sys the guy on a dupe acct

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 05:27 PM
lol sys the guy on a dupe acct

Lol I was wondering what the deal was with that too.

ThaDubs
11-01-2013, 05:28 PM

You are on a second account saying **** like this lmao

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes, he looks far better than I thought he would athletically, we already know he has the intelligence to combine his gifts/traits with high end 2-way production and elite clutch play, he should have his best year ever. Maybe not in the aggregate but when we look at his final 2-3 months of play, I bet its going to be a tear we've never seen from him.

I agree and he's still only 24 or 25... still plenty of time until we can definitely say he's tapped out or something. The key is that athletically he's clearly back. Now the rest of it is just finding the shot and getting the rhythm down. People forget though Rose has never been a particularly good all around shooter outside of one year if I recall. So these 7-24 type games or w/e aren't rare for him.

Chi StateOfMind
11-01-2013, 05:43 PM
He will be fine. He just needs to get rhythm for the nba speed type game. What im rrally worried about is the lack of offense the bulls have. Which is why i feel they will not beat the heat again this year. Rose will be fine but what about the team?

uptown0364
11-01-2013, 05:47 PM
You could have also titled this "Carmelo Anthony's Performance Against the Bulls". The only difference between both performances is Rose came up clutch when he had to.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 05:48 PM
He will be fine. He just needs to get rhythm for the nba speed type game. What im rrally worried about is the lack of offense the bulls have. Which is why i feel they will not beat the heat again this year. Rose will be fine but what about the team?

Yea this is my one reservation with the Bulls. Insane defense (legendary one when healthy) but so bad on offense, like much worse than league average. We all know Thibs is a great coach but why aren't the Bulls better offensively? Is it Thibs schemes or is it the fact that you don't have the offensive players do you think?

Rndy
11-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Yea this is my one reservation with the Bulls. Insane defense (legendary one when healthy) but so bad on offense, like much worse than league average. We all know Thibs is a great coach but why aren't the Bulls better offensively? Is it Thibs schemes or is it the fact that you don't have the offensive players do you think?

It's been 2 games into the season they just implemented a new system which I think will work very well with their great passing. Before Rose missed all last season the Bulls lead the NBA is team assists for 2 years in a row they implemented a read and react they will be fine judging of 2 games is ridiculous I figured you for a better poster honestly.

Chi StateOfMind
11-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I feel we have a great talented team but we dont have any other players who can take the load off of Rose. We need more offensive minded players. We have one sided players. Noah, Deng, Boozer, Taj, KH, Butler i mean we need offense. If we go against a defensive minded team were screwed. Its been like this for a while. How long is bulls FO gonna take before we get some MAJOR moves done to get this kid some damn help.

Ezio
11-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Players get caught standing still. Thibs has to yell CUTTER every ****ing time for people to move. I really hate when people just stand there waiting for an ISO play to happen. Team believes the ball handler will break the defense down and they want to stay still to catch and shoot because they found their spot on the floor.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 05:58 PM
It's been 2 games into the season they just implemented a new system which I think will work very well with their great passing. Before Rose missed all last season the Bulls lead the NBA is team assists for 2 years in a row they implemented a read and react they will be fine judging of 2 games is ridiculous I figured you for a better poster honestly.

Huh? I'm talking about the 3 prior years Thibs has been a coach too, not two games. I'm genuinely asking what you guys think the offensive woes are. I didn't know anything about a new system on offense though.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 05:59 PM
I agree and he's still only 24 or 25... still plenty of time until we can definitely say he's tapped out or something. The key is that athletically he's clearly back. Now the rest of it is just finding the shot and getting the rhythm down. People forget though Rose has never been a particularly good all around shooter outside of one year if I recall. So these 7-24 type games or w/e aren't rare for him.

Not looking up stats or anything but I remember him being pretty good from midrange and developing the 3 ball the last 2 years prior. I always felt he was an underrated shooter but I dont know what the stats are on that

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Players get caught standing still. Thibs has to yell CUTTER every ****ing time for people to move. I really hate when people just stand there waiting for an ISO play to happen. Team believes the ball handler will break the defense down and they want to stay still to catch and shoot because they found their spot on the floor.

Thanks for answering, this is exactly what I'm wondering. So sounds like maybe a similar offense to say OKC? Like a lot of iso and superstar carrying the offensive load singlehandedly often times? Is Butler looking like a legit 2nd or 3rd scoring option so far? I know last year he scored like 15 or 16 ppg when he was starting.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Not looking up stats or anything but I remember him being pretty good from midrange and developing the 3 ball the last 2 years prior. I always felt he was an underrated shooter but I dont know what the stats are on that

Yea I remember in I think it was 2012 after the disappointing ECF he came back way better from midrange and deep. But I think it only lasted one year obviously because he missed the next year with injury and prior he didn't shoot well. I could be wrong, hopefully Bulls fans can clear it up. I remember the gist but the timeline can be confusing.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Huh? I'm talking about the 3 prior years Thibs has been a coach too, not two games. I'm genuinely asking what you guys think the offensive woes are. I didn't know anything about a new system on offense though.

HUH? Bulls were top-5 offensively in 2012 and were even better when RIP was healthy enough to play with Rose. I like to think offense is mostly player related, even a mediocre coach can lead a top offense (like Vinny) but defense is harder to get players to consistently buy into.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Yea I remember in I think it was 2012 after the disappointing ECF he came back way better from midrange and deep. But I think it only lasted one year obviously because he missed the next year with injury and prior he didn't shoot well. I could be wrong, hopefully Bulls fans can clear it up. I remember the gist but the timeline can be confusing.

Thats actually not how it went, his midrange game suffered as he added the 3 ball, I remember thinking that alot and actually looking it up throughout the season, that one Im sure of, feel free to check the numbers if you wish.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 06:12 PM
HUH? Bulls were top-5 offensively in 2012 and were even better when RIP was healthy enough to play with Rose. I like to think offense is mostly player related, even a mediocre coach can lead a top offense (like Vinny) but defense is harder to get players to consistently buy into.

Yikes, my apologies Bulls fans. Thought they were like 17th the year that they were 11th, never knew they peaked top 5 3 years ago. Can't really take much from their offense last year considering Rose was out I guess or this year because Rose is just returning. I just thought offensive lulls and struggles had been more common for them, not necessarily talking about efficiency. I've just seen a ton of low scoring Bulls games.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Thats actually not how it went, his midrange game suffered as he added the 3 ball, I remember thinking that alot and actually looking it up throughout the season, that one Im sure of, feel free to check the numbers if you wish.

Your memory is better than mine I bet, so I'll take your word for it.

Chronz
11-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Im pretty sure I made a thread on it.

sammyvine
11-01-2013, 06:26 PM

If anything that proves how good of a player he is. He is considered to be a not very good shooter but even with that flaw he is still a top 10 player in the league.

sammyvine
11-01-2013, 06:28 PM

Thibs and Pop are the best coaches in the league. I always thought it was thibs who won that ring for the celtics in 08, not rivers.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 06:30 PM
If anything that proves how good of a player he is. He is considered to be a not very good shooter but even with that flaw he is still a top 10 player in the league.

I agree 100 percent. He reminds me of Iverson in that sense. Not particularly efficient always but can still dominate games.

sammyvine
11-01-2013, 06:33 PM
I agree 100 percent. He reminds me of Iverson in that sense. Not particularly efficient always but can still dominate games.

He will never be a floor general like CP3 or even Rondo but he can do things and maybe even more that they can't do.

I would take him over any PG

Shammyguy3
11-01-2013, 06:47 PM
I've just seen a ton of low scoring Bulls games.

2011 - 23rd ranked pace
2012 - 28th ranked pace

The Bulls play low-scoring games because they're a slow-paced team - very slow. They routinely use the majority of the shot clock and don't get out enough in transition.

Rndy
11-01-2013, 06:48 PM
He will never be a floor general like CP3 or even Rondo but he can do things and maybe even more that they can't do.

I would take him over any PG

He's a much better playmaker then given credit for though. before getting hurt he was starting to get into the 40 ast% which I've always thought was really impressive considering the Bulls don't play like Boston, Clippers and other ball dominant PGs who do all the setting up for assists Bulls entire team gets assists. The read and react will only further that cause while adding some structure to it there aren't a lot of teams in the NBA with the luxury to run an offense through the high post when ever they want with either Noah or Boozer.

Clippersfan86
11-01-2013, 06:54 PM
2011 - 23rd ranked pace
2012 - 28th ranked pace

The Bulls play low-scoring games because they're a slow-paced team - very slow. They routinely use the majority of the shot clock and don't get out enough in transition.

Makes a lot of sense, thanks.