PDA

View Full Version : Five reasons that the Pacers/Nets/Knicks/Clippers/Thunder win the NBA title this year

Il Mago50
10-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Pacers:
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/10/30/5-reasons-why-indiana-pacers-will-win-the-2013-14-nba-title/

Nets:
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/10/30/5-reasons-why-brooklyn-nets-will-win-2013-14-nba-title/

Knicks:
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/10/30/5-reasons-why-new-york-knicks-will-win-the-2013-14-nba-title/

Clippers:
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/10/30/5-reasons-why-los-angeles-clippers-will-win-the-2013-14-nba-title/

Thunder:
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/10/30/5-reasons-why-oklahoma-city-thunder-will-win-the-2013-14-nba-title/

SugeKnight
10-31-2013, 01:02 PM
4 reasons none of those teams win: Heat, Warriors, Bulls, Spurs

todu82
10-31-2013, 01:07 PM
The Clippers are my favourites this year as well. I think the Heat will implode this season and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

PhillyFaninLA
10-31-2013, 01:10 PM
The Clippers are my favourites this year as well. I think the Heat will implode this season and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I'm just curious why do think they implode?

archdevil84
10-31-2013, 01:24 PM
10 reasons the miami heat will win this year
1 lebron james
2 dwyane wade
3 chris bosh
4 bench
5 defense
6 offense
7 offense + defense in the clutch
8 more experience
9 possible return of greg oden
10 refs

EL_MACHETE
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Lets Go Okc!

Clippersfan86
10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Basically it's arguing that the field will win a title, not Miami and I agree 100 percent. They are favored.. but I just feel this is the year where one of the teams in the east get over the Miami hump and beat them. Pacers, Bulls and Nets all have a shot.

mightybosstone
10-31-2013, 01:44 PM
I'd give the Pacers and Clippers a decent shot and maybe Brooklyn if they get their **** together in time, but I can't see the Thunder or Knicks winning the championship this season. The Thunder are already at a major disadvantage to start the season off without Westbrook, and even when they get him back, they'll seriously lack a third scoring option. The Knicks just aren't that great of a basketball team. They've relied way too much on 3-point shooting in the past and they don't have a great No. 2 option offensively.

I'd still put Chicago and Miami ahead of all those teams in the East, and I'd lump the Clippers and Thunder in the same conversation as the Spurs, Rockets, Warriors and Grizzlies, with the Spurs and Clippers the two likeliest teams to come out of the West.

Clippersfan86
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
I'd give the Pacers and Clippers a decent shot and maybe Brooklyn if they get their **** together in time, but I can't see the Thunder or Knicks winning the championship this season. The Thunder are already at a major disadvantage to start the season off without Westbrook, and even when they get him back, they'll seriously lack a third scoring option. The Knicks just aren't that great of a basketball team. They've relied way too much on 3-point shooting in the past and they don't have a great No. 2 option offensively.

I'd still put Chicago and Miami ahead of all those teams in the East, and I'd lump the Clippers and Thunder in the same conversation as the Spurs, Rockets, Warriors and Grizzlies, with the Spurs and Clippers the two likeliest teams to come out of the West.

I agree that Knicks and Thunder should be out of this for now. I'd replace them with Bulls/Spurs to start but as you said Rockets/Warriors also have a shot. This is the most wide open the league has ever been. Depending on matchups anybody can lose in the playoffs.

sportsfan222
10-31-2013, 03:39 PM
1 lebron james
2 dwyane wade
3 chris bosh
4 bench
5 defense
6 offense
8 more experience
10 refs

11. 76ers will not be in the playoffs. lol, wont get many chances to make fun of the heat for losing this year, might as well get a jab in now.

blahblahyoutoo
10-31-2013, 03:52 PM
pacers have the best shot in this group, then the thunder.

not sold on the nets or the clippers.

knicks? lol.

blahblahyoutoo
10-31-2013, 03:59 PM

not sold on the bulls either.

TrueFan420
10-31-2013, 04:06 PM
1 lebron james
2 dwyane wade
3 chris bosh
4 bench
5 defense
6 offense
8 more experience
10 refs

I think you should put refs right up at 1 or 2

sportsfan222
10-31-2013, 04:13 PM
bulls vs warriors

GiantsSwaGG
10-31-2013, 04:19 PM
:laugh: this thread is laughable the Knicks, Bulls, Pacers, Clippers, Warriors won't win the title because of the refs....

*oh yeah I went there*

mavwar53
10-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Wow, warriors getting so much respect it's scary, just preparing myself for a let down as much as I love their chances.

sportsfan222
10-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Wow, warriors getting so much respect it's scary, just preparing myself for a let down as much as I love their chances.

warriors have as good of a starting 5 in the nba if they can stay healthy.

also, they r pretty young, so fatigue should not be a major factor, especially come playoff time.

they played the western conference champs really tough last year, and i believe they r ready to take the next step.

the key is if bogut can stay healthy, because we saw what he did in milwaukee when healthy, hes a monster on defense. big question mark though

Il Mago50
10-31-2013, 05:08 PM
warriors have as good of a starting 5 in the nba if they can stay healthy.

also, they r pretty young, so fatigue should not be a major factor, especially come playoff time.

they played the western conference champs really tough last year, and i believe they r ready to take the next step.

the key is if bogut can stay healthy, because we saw what he did in milwaukee when healthy, hes a monster on defense. big question mark though

Not just that, J.O is still a very good post defender and rim protector, barnes off of the bench, they've got a chance for sure in a toss up West

Minimal
10-31-2013, 05:12 PM
I think the Pacers have the best chance this year.
Clippers 2nd if they get it together.

sportsfan222
10-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Not just that, J.O is still a very good post defender and rim protector, barnes off of the bench, they've got a chance for sure in a toss up West
i dont have much confidence in J.O these days, but ya, i guess hes a solid guy to have coming off the bench.

for the warriors sake, just hope bogut can stay healthy, because you do not want J.O starting for a long duration.

as u said, the west is a total toss up. me personally, i want to see warriors thunder wcf. i feel that would be the most exciting matchup. westbrook durant vs thompson curry, ibaka vs bogut inside, both teams have solid benches, would be very fun to watch. deff can happen this season unless they play each other before hand, but i would not be surprised to see these teams seeded 1 and 2.

MygirlhatesCod
10-31-2013, 07:47 PM
im not understanding why anyone thinks that the bulls are favored for anything but maybe the second round? what would be the argument? i just cant see it. what bench and what matchups do they have that betters them against the pacers and the heat?

effen5
10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
im not understanding why anyone thinks that the bulls are favored for anything but maybe the second round? what would be the argument? i just cant see it. what bench and what matchups do they have that betters them against the pacers and the heat?

Coach Thibs

sportsfan222
10-31-2013, 07:59 PM
im not understanding why anyone thinks that the bulls are favored for anything but maybe the second round? what would be the argument? i just cant see it. what bench and what matchups do they have that betters them against the pacers and the heat?derrick rose is a nightmare matchup for basically every team, and defensivley, they are very tough with butler, deng, noah, gibson off the bench, dunleavy is one of the better 3 pt shooters in the nba.

the bulls r very legit. dont be fooled by Tuesdays *** whooping at the expense of the heat, the bulls with a healthy rose are as tough an out as any team in the nba.

mdm692
10-31-2013, 08:17 PM

You win. /Thread.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-31-2013, 10:11 PM
People seem to be really sleeping on the Thunder more than ever. They're a Russel Westbrook away from making the WCF last season and would've given the Spurs a legitimate fight. Now they're being talked as if they're a one and done team. Just absurd.

Tmath
10-31-2013, 10:20 PM
A team with Bargnani simply does not win a championship.