PDA

View Full Version : Effecient Monta Ellis is back.

LTBaByyy
10-30-2013, 11:09 PM
32 points (11-17)
8 ast
4 reb
2 steals
2-3 from three
8-8 from free throw

In the first game, I really like what I see from him and he is happy.

Might have a break out year like Harden did last year.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2013, 11:13 PM
yes! we should totally overreact to a single game!

In that case, Love is going to average 31-17 this year.

MVP

Swashcuff
10-30-2013, 11:16 PM
LT only shows up when a player is doing well. When OJ was shooting off the charts last season LT was singing his praises all over the forum when he wasn't however he was no where to be seen, I expect the same with Monta this season.

JerseyPalahniuk
10-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Agreed Hawkeye!

MCW will be the the G.O.A.T.
Heat will get Wiggins
Miles Plumlee will average 16/10 after each half.

LTBaByyy
10-30-2013, 11:19 PM
So we can't talk about the guy PSD bashes on for being a chucker, that he changed his game to being efficient again?

I think that's as news worthy as MCW amazing debut where everyone is talking about his "it's just one game" as Hawkeye said

LTBaByyy
10-30-2013, 11:20 PM
LT only shows up when a player is doing well. When OJ was shooting off the charts last season LT was singing his praises all over the forum when he wasn't however he was no where to be seen, I expect the same with Monta this season.

Don't hate the player, hate PSD :dance:

I'm back.

Guppyfighter
10-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Monta had plenty of these games last year, the problem is the following games where he goes 1-11 and gets 7 points.

Deception
10-30-2013, 11:27 PM
So we can't talk about the guy PSD bashes on for being a chucker, that he changed his game to being efficient again?

I think that's as news worthy as MCW amazing debut where everyone is talking about his "it's just one game" as Hawkeye said

MCW did it as a debut, this is Monta Ellis you're talking about, he's streaky and will have games like these. If he keeps up this play, then you should be excited, but until then, he will be inefficient in my eyes.

JerseyPalahniuk
10-30-2013, 11:29 PM

You definitely can...when he does it for at least a quarter/third of the season.

MCW is a ROOKIE. Making his DEBUT against the 2 time defending champs against the best player in the league. His team came into the game with the lowest odds of all time to win a title (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/76ers-not-bargain-even-9-171457644--nba.html) and they WON. AND this dude almost got a quadruple double. Someone who nobody was talking about.

It's not nearly as newsworthy as guy who's been in the league for 6 years and has a good game..it's not like it was the only efficient game of his career either dude. He's bashed because he can't keep it up for a season. Something he still has to prove.

Htownballa1622
10-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Breakout like Harden....hmm...

LTBaByyy
10-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Haters gonna hate.

Besides his 1 and a half seasons with the Bucks (where he even said he was miserable) Monta has been effecient his whole career.

Playing with Dirk and Jose will make a huge difference for him and he WILL keep it up

WVNowitzki
10-30-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm as big a Dallas fan as there is, but man...one game, cmon...

Bruno
10-30-2013, 11:44 PM
monta was efficient in 2008. nice mavs debut for him here.

bholly
10-30-2013, 11:48 PM
This is the 13th time he's had 30+ points on 20 or less shots. He's had 44 on 20 shots, 39 on 18 shots, 35 on 15 shots. He's always been capable of getting hot and having these games.
It's definitely encouraging for Mavs fans that he did this the first game in the new situation, but those sort of shooting numbers aren't unheard of from him and obviously aren't sustainable - you really can't be sure he'll keep it up.

SugeKnight
10-30-2013, 11:53 PM
This is the 13th time he's had 30+ points on 20 or less shots. He's had 44 on 20 shots, 39 on 18 shots, 35 on 15 shots. He's always been capable of getting hot and having these games.
It's definitely encouraging for Mavs fans that he did this the first game in the new situation, but those sort of shooting numbers aren't unheard of from him and obviously aren't sustainable - you really can't be sure he'll keep it up.

I guarantee he won't keep this up lol.

Sadds The Gr8
10-30-2013, 11:56 PM
lol homer

LTBaByyy
10-31-2013, 12:09 AM
lol homer

Aren't we all? But I honestly think he will keep this up

My projection: 25 PPG 6 APG 3.5 RPG 2 SPG 45% FG 36% 3FG

You can quote me on that. Pick and roll game with Dirk is lethal, Dirk had 24 also

That two man game is only going to get better

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-31-2013, 12:11 AM
Haters gonna hate.

Besides his 1 and a half seasons with the Bucks (where he even said he was miserable) Monta has been effecient his whole career.

Playing with Dirk and Jose will make a huge difference for him and he WILL keep it up

lol
he's been inefficient his whole career besides one season.

mightybosstone
10-31-2013, 12:19 AM
Haters gonna hate.

One game is one game. There is no reason to believe that this Monta Ellis will be a different Monta Ellis that we've come to know and hate over the past several years.

mightybosstone
10-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Whoops.... Wrong thread.

asandhu23
10-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Oh, come on, LT.

lajoie
10-31-2013, 12:24 AM
First time I've ever seen the word efficient in the same sentence as Monta Ellis

Lakers + Giants
10-31-2013, 12:26 AM

I'm back.

Welcome back bro, you know how to LT.

Justin is just another fake groupie trying to take your move. Show em how it's done.

ricky recon
10-31-2013, 12:38 AM
He and Dirk played well off each-other. Let's see how the season plays out.

UPRock
10-31-2013, 01:06 AM
**** logic, Michael Carter-Williams is going to win the MVP, ROY & Defensive Player of the Year.

lol, please
10-31-2013, 01:20 AM
32 points (11-17)
8 ast
4 reb
2 steals
2-3 from three
8-8 from free throw

In the first game, I really like what I see from him and he is happy.

Might have a break out year like Harden did last year.

:clap: where are guppy and asandhu23.

asandhu23
10-31-2013, 01:25 AM

we posted but meh. still ignoring fuppygighter.

Guppyfighter
10-31-2013, 01:30 AM
I am apparently a troll who is obsess with Monta. And I am also obsessed with the Knicks. And Kobe. And Harden. And Lebron.

I am just obsessed with everyone. Just ask anyone.

LTBaByyy
10-31-2013, 01:34 AM

Hahahaha I know right! This is going to be a good season

LTBaByyy
10-31-2013, 01:42 AM
Welcome back bro, you know how to LT.

Justin is just another fake groupie trying to take your move. Show em how it's done.

I noticed that. I'm just glad that everyone knows that is my thing and knows who the pretenders

Thanks!

*Silver&Black*
10-31-2013, 02:47 AM
Aren't we all? But I honestly think he will keep this up

My projection: 25 PPG 6 APG 3.5 RPG 2 SPG 45% FG 36% 3FG

And averaging 7 TOs a game too, right? I guess Teague is averaging 24/9 for this season after tonight as well?

Knicks21
10-31-2013, 04:06 AM
To be fair PSD had the exact same reaction to James Harden last year.

Guppyfighter
10-31-2013, 04:18 AM
To be fair PSD had the exact same reaction to James Harden last year.

James Harden has actually always been good. 650 TS on the Thunder for 16 points. His explosion was expected by not dumb people.

amos1er
10-31-2013, 05:03 AM
James Harden has actually always been good. 650 TS on the Thunder for 16 points. His explosion was expected by not dumb people.

Guess you are calling the Thunder brass dumb then because they surely didn't expect it as they traded him away for essentially nothing.

amos1er
10-31-2013, 05:18 AM
^^^ No slant on Harden or anything, just dissing the Thunder for letting him go. I wouldn't be surprised if Durant and Westbrook leave them high and dry for that alone.

Guppyfighter
10-31-2013, 06:06 AM
Thunder brass isn't dumb, but they made a god awful mistake. Not because they didn't think highly of him. They gave him a lot of shots in important situations. Totally a cheapskate move.

Swashcuff
10-31-2013, 08:04 AM
Guess you are calling the Thunder brass dumb then because they surely didn't expect it as they traded him away for essentially nothing.

The Thunder brass exactly that from Harden, they know exactly what they had. They thought however Westbrook was the better option and knew they couldn't realistically afford Harden. They were high on Lamb and optimistic that Martin would have returned at a discounted price.

DallasTrilla23
10-31-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm excited too but it's one game and he did it against the hawks..

NYKnickFanatic
10-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Are you really saying this after one game?

b@llhog24
10-31-2013, 08:56 AM
OP sounds like he just lost his virginity or something.

LTBaByyy
10-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Ellis vs Harden. Dirk vs Dwight. Tomorrow.

Let's go!

Rockice_8
10-31-2013, 09:18 AM
OP might be the biggest homer on PSD and that's saying a lot with all those ridiculous Heat fans that popped up after 2010.

He is what he is and that's a chucker.

Rockice_8
10-31-2013, 09:21 AM

Yep you have call a spade is a spade. They were dumb.

R. Johnson#3
10-31-2013, 09:34 AM
He turned the ball over 7 times. He almost accounted for half his team's turnovers.

LTBaByyy
10-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Monta Ellis: "I can hold up to it. You'll see."

I say he avg 25 PPG but who knows he might go for 28-29 PPG!

Dirk: "We need him to do that for us all season long."

Monta: "I loved my team ever since day 1 that I signed here. We came out and played Mavs basketball."

If he post big numbers and has a Harden like break out. I say he gets his first all star season while being on a winning team.

Dont count out a healthy Dirk team!

koreancabbage
10-31-2013, 10:01 AM

Monta: "I loved my team ever since day 1 that I signed here. We came out and played Mavs basketball."

If he post big numbers and has a Harden like break out. I say he gets his first all star season while being on a winning team.

so he's going to beat out Kobe, Harden? na. I think maybe he'll get the call from the coaches...maybe. depends on what Iggy is doing, who is a all-star even if he doesn't put up the big stats like Monta does.

mightybosstone
10-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Monta Ellis: "I can hold up. You'll see."

I say he avg 25 PPG but who knows he might go for 28-29 PPG while being effecient!

He has done it before

First off, you keep saying "effecient." That's not a ****ing word!!!! Notice the little red, squiggly line beneath it which screams, "Hey! I'm not a word! Wanna try that again!?!?" Pay attention to him and spell it with two "i"s next time, dude.

Secondly, you're COMPLETELY overreacting to a single game in which Ellis shot 65% from the floor (anomaly), 67% from beyond the arc (anomaly), attempted 8 free throws (anomaly) and made all of them (anomaly). All of these things are unusual. They are not the norm. You cannot expect that on a game-by-game basis. Are you getting the point, sweetheart?

Look, Monta Ellis is a good, volume-scoring SG, but he is not going to average 28 points per game on crazy efficiency. It's not his game. He's a poor 3-point shooter who relies way too much on off-balanced mid-ranged jumpers and doesn't attack the basket nearly as much as he should. The 17 FGA and 3 3-point attempts are about on par from what I would expect, but he's not going to get to the line 8 times a game, and he's not going to face Kyle Korver every night, so you can expect much lower shooting percentages.

Could Monta put up maybe 20-22 PPG with 53-55% TS% (decent efficiency)? Sure. I wouldn't rule it out, especially getting to play with a creator like Calderon and another offensive weapon like Dirk. But you're going ******* over a single game and expecting repeat performances the guy can't possibly deliver. Do yourself a favor. Take a deep breath, come back down to Earth with the rest of us, and just enjoy the early basketball season without creating unreasonable expectations and stupid threads predicting unreasonable outcomes. We'll all be better off that way.

2-ONE-5
10-31-2013, 10:57 AM

how do you know he hcanged his game its ONE game in?

Swashcuff
10-31-2013, 10:58 AM
First off, you keep saying "effecient." That's not a ****ing word!!!! Notice the little red, squiggly line beneath it which screams, "Hey! I'm not a word! Wanna try that again!?!?" Pay attention to him and spell it with two "i"s next time, dude.

Secondly, you're COMPLETELY overreacting to a single game in which Ellis shot 65% from the floor (anomaly), 67% from beyond the arc (anomaly), attempted 8 free throws (anomaly) and made all of them (anomaly). All of these things are unusual. They are not the norm. You cannot expect that on a game-by-game basis. Are you getting the point, sweetheart?

Look, Monta Ellis is a good, volume-scoring SG, but he is not going to average 28 points per game on crazy efficiency. It's not his game. He's a poor 3-point shooter who relies way too much on off-balanced mid-ranged jumpers and doesn't attack the basket nearly as much as he should. The 17 FGA and 3 3-point attempts are about on par from what I would expect, but he's not going to get to the line 8 times a game, and he's not going to face Kyle Korver every night, so you can expect much lower shooting percentages.

Could Monta put up maybe 20-22 PPG with 53-55% TS% (decent efficiency)? Sure. I wouldn't rule it out, especially getting to play with a creator like Calderon and another offensive weapon like Dirk. But you're going ******* over a single game and expecting repeat performances the guy can't possibly deliver. Do yourself a favor. Take a deep breath, come back down to Earth with the rest of us, and just enjoy the early basketball season without creating unreasonable expectations and stupid threads predicting unreasonable outcomes. We'll all be better off that way.

I chuckled when I first opened the thread and thought dude is trying a make a case for Monta being efficiency and can't even spell the darn word correctly :laugh2:

He did the very same last year with OJ though, went off blabbering that OJ could average 24 and 6 while shooting over 50% from the three, when OJ came back down to earth however you never saw him on the forum, going to be the same with Monta this year. I mean really Monta 29-29 ppg? Have you not followed Monta's career before dude? You need to be consistent to average 28-29 Monta is not.

blahblahyoutoo
10-31-2013, 11:01 AM

I'm back.

knicks is back.

Chronz
10-31-2013, 11:04 AM

Didn't he compare _insert mavs player here_ to Harden last year too?? Whats with this obsession with Harden OP?

The situations are nothing alike and I didn't see Harden break out, I saw basically the same guy get more minutes. Obviously he improved but break out? LOL no, only if you were sleeping on him in OKC did he "break out".

NYKnickFanatic
10-31-2013, 11:09 AM

:laugh2: I literally lol'd. I don't know why I found this so funny haha.

Swashcuff
10-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Didn't he compare _insert mavs player here_ to Harden last year too?? Whats with this obsession with Harden OP?

The situations are nothing alike and I didn't see Harden break out, I saw basically the same guy get more minutes. Obviously he improved but break out? LOL no, only if you were sleeping on him in OKC did he "break out".

I remember when he thought Roddy Buckets was the 2nd coming of Russell Westbrook. Haha. I guess its an OKC thing.

carter15
10-31-2013, 11:20 AM
7 turnovers also.

bholly
10-31-2013, 11:22 AM

I chuckled when I first opened the thread and thought dude is trying a make a case for Monta being efficiency and can't even spell the darn word correctly :laugh2:

I'm looking forward to "Effluent Monta Ellis is Back!" when he goes back to being himself.

jp611
10-31-2013, 11:25 AM

One game

Efficient again? When has Monta Ellis ever been efficient?

Lol

AddiX
10-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Last year it was OJ, this year it's Monta.

Will be the same result when it's all said and done.

ll_eric_ll
10-31-2013, 11:29 AM
This is a sports forum, not a spelling bee contest lmao

Even tho it is only 1 game,.. Ellis will continue to prov yall doubters wrong,.. Anybody with a little basketball sence can see how easy them points came last night,.. and Dirk too looks alot better

bholly
10-31-2013, 11:33 AM

CP3, Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Parker. Unless Kobe has a huge setback then you have to expect he's in too - likely starting. So that's already 6, the most you can have. Which of those guys is Monta beating out? Keep in mind that if there's 6 guards there can only be 6 frontcourt players, so he'd have to also beat out at least 5 of Howard, Duncan, Griffin, Durant, Love, Nowitzki, Gasol, Gasol, Aldridge, Lee, Randolph, etc. He could be much improved, but an All Star berth is a pretty tall order.

ll_eric_ll
10-31-2013, 11:36 AM
CP3, Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Parker. Unless Kobe has a huge setback then you have to expect he's in too - likely starting. So that's already 6, the most you can have. Which of those guys is Monta beating out? Keep in mind that if there's 6 guards there can only be 6 frontcourt players, so he'd have to also beat out at least 5 of Howard, Duncan, Griffin, Durant, Love, Nowitzki, Gasol, Gasol, Aldridge, Lee, Randolph, etc. He could be much improved, but an All Star berth is a pretty tall order.
I agree pretty tall order,.. but this is a hell of a start.

IndyRealist
10-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Haters gonna hate.

Monta was only ever efficient for ONE season. It was the exception, not the rule. Game 1 was a good start, but roy hibbert got 15 rebounds and a zillion blocks in game 1. No one expects that to be the norm.

koreancabbage
10-31-2013, 12:13 PM

Even tho it is only 1 game,.. Ellis will continue to prov yall doubters wrong,.. Anybody with a little basketball sence can see how easy them points came last night,.. and Dirk too looks alot better

he'll keep luring the fans of the teams he plays as "maybe this is the new Monta". no. he won't ever be. he is a pure scorer that will himself in and out of games and that is all he will offer. He probably will play with a chip on his shoulders but him being this efficient is out of the ordinary. I think the logical ones can see the insanity to expect this from him every game.

and MCW will continue to average that stat line over the season. and Nash will average 3 points the entire season. Klay Thompson will avg about 35 points a game. and Derrick Rose will avg 12 points as well.

there, OP is homer and anyone who agrees with him is as well.

Chronz
10-31-2013, 12:23 PM
One game

Efficient again? When has Monta Ellis ever been efficient?

Lol

The I believe Warriors, he was efficient with them. He should have his best season since then but to compare him to Harden is being overzealous

ElChinoLatino
10-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Bro shut up man, it's one game. Make a thread about it when its at least 10-15 games of CONSTANT production. I know you are excited but relax, don't make the same mistake of blowing up just because Mayo did the same thing last year. I thought you would've learned by now.

ll_eric_ll
10-31-2013, 12:31 PM
he'll keep luring the fans of the teams he plays as "maybe this is the new Monta". no. he won't ever be. he is a pure scorer that will himself in and out of games and that is all he will offer. He probably will play with a chip on his shoulders but him being this efficient is out of the ordinary. I think the logical ones can see the insanity to expect this from him every game.

and MCW will continue to average that stat line over the season. and Nash will average 3 points the entire season. Klay Thompson will avg about 35 points a game. and Derrick Rose will avg 12 points as well.

there, OP is homer and anyone who agrees with him is as well.

You dam right im a HOMER wtf,.. But I've seen potential in Monta Ellis ever since we had Devin Harris Running our offence... Im not just jumping on the Ellis bandwagon because hes a Mav, Hes always had talent,...

haja I mean Im not comparing the two by any means,.. but look at Iverson, Very talented player, But never really got his ring,... because of bad situations, IMO Ellis is a perfect pairing with Dirk and a pass first Calderon,.. His talent is one thing, But the intensity he was playing with yesterday is much more impressive!

koreancabbage
10-31-2013, 12:34 PM
You dam right im a HOMER wtf,.. But I've seen potential in Monta Ellis ever since we had Devin Harris Running our offence... Im not just jumping on the Ellis bandwagon because hes a Mav, Hes always had talent,...

haja I mean Im not comparing the two by any means,.. but look at Iverson, Very talented player, But never really got his ring,... because of bad situations, IMO Ellis is a perfect pairing with Dirk and a pass first Calderon,.. His talent is one thing, But the intensity he was playing with yesterday is much more impressive!

so was OJ Mayo. talented as hell and probably better all round. but in no way this observation and timing is in shape or form belonging in the NBA forum.

maybe 25% into the season or 50%. when we see more games and how he does.

dnl123
10-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Dwight Howard is going to average 26 rebounds a game this year! Kevin Durant is going to average 42 points! Klay Thompson is going to average 38 points! We're in for quite a year! Oh wait one game doesn't equal an entire season? And by Monta Ellis being efficient do you mean he is able to shoot more than almost any other NBA player because I agree with that! He's really efficient at churning out shots!

valade16
10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
How can "efficient Ellis" be back when he never existed in the first place?

MonroeFAN
10-31-2013, 12:47 PM
People bad mouthing Monta are foolish IMO. He's always been a good player, and he's in a great system now.

I also don't think it's necessary to make a topic. Old news, he's a good player.

ll_eric_ll
10-31-2013, 12:55 PM
so was OJ Mayo. talented as hell and probably better all round. but in no way this observation and timing is in shape or form belonging in the NBA forum.

maybe 25% into the season or 50%. when we see more games and how he does.

I actually agree with that lol,... OP should be roasted not Monta JS haja

ll_eric_ll
10-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Dwight Howard is going to average 26 rebounds a game this year! Kevin Durant is going to average 42 points! Klay Thompson is going to average 38 points! We're in for quite a year! Oh wait one game doesn't equal an entire season? And by Monta Ellis being efficient do you mean he is able to shoot more than almost any other NBA player because I agree with that! He's really efficient at churning out shots!
huh?? calm down dude is not that serious lol
but I think this was brought up for 2 reasons,.. people taking sh*** bout MONTA on other posts, and because this is our first view of Monta Ellis in a Championship level System,... But i agree with most of you, is only 1 game, we needa slow down, we need a bigger sample size.

northsider
10-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Sweet jesus talk about SSS. Couple of weeks to a month is one thing but, holy **** 1 game has to be a record.

mightybosstone
10-31-2013, 01:36 PM

Thank god for that, because if it was, this post would have knocked you out very quickly.

Also, I'm not doubting Ellis' ability to score or even saying that the guy can't return to the more efficient play he showed early in his career. I'm saying that the OP clearly is overrating Ellis' potential, and everything Ellis has shown the last few seasons is indicative of an inefficient scorer. Could he finish in the top 10 in scoring with average efficiency? Sure, especially if he cuts back on 3-pointers significantly, but I wouldn't put money on it at this point. He's got to prove it for a hell of a lot longer than one game.

ThuglifeJ
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
One game.. chill. He looks better in the system then I've seen him in a while though. I bet he has good year.

I was more happy to see Vince still putting down 20+ points. That's encouraging for mavericks depth.

LTBaByyy
10-31-2013, 01:51 PM
People in here are gettin so pissed off at like "ITS ONE ******* GAME ***** YOU **** *******" but jump to the MCW first game thread and say he will be ROY

I love it that yall get so worked up lol, people hatin on me just like the 2010-2011 season (My first season on PSD)

I'm back. :dance:

DO THE LT!!! AYYYYYY! DO THE LT!!! AYYYYYY!! DO THE LT!!! AYYYYY

ThuglifeJ
10-31-2013, 02:04 PM
It was his ROOKIE DEBUT..

you can't be this dumb. This shouldn't have to be explained

Chronz
10-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Let him be a homer, its going to be an interesting season if everyone buys into their teams

northsider
10-31-2013, 02:29 PM
People in here are gettin so pissed off at like "ITS ONE ******* GAME ***** YOU **** *******" but jump to the MCW first game thread and say he will be ROY

I love it that yall get so worked up lol, people hatin on me just like the 2010-2011 season (My first season on PSD)

So basically you're proud to make rash statements you know will stir the pot. I am glad you take credence to your existence on here.

koreancabbage
10-31-2013, 02:35 PM
People bad mouthing Monta are foolish IMO. He's always been a good player, and he's in a great system now.

I also don't think it's necessary to make a topic. Old news, he's a good player.

noone is bad mouthing Monta Lol - we are describing as he is already is.

if anything its the OP thats delirious.

gatkins11
10-31-2013, 02:47 PM
I remember when he thought Roddy Buckets was the 2nd coming of Russell Westbrook. Haha. I guess its an OKC thing.

He was supposed to be the second coming of Tony Parker. At least that's how he was sold to the fan base.

Walt
10-31-2013, 03:52 PM
As a Mavs fan, I cannot be happier with what I saw from Monta. Now, he COULD figure it out and score 24-25 ppg on higher than 45% due to being on a team with a superstar in Dirk. However, I am not expecting him to all of a sudden be an elite scorer AND an elite player in terms of efficiency.

Ellis is MILES AND MILES better than OJ. He will have many nights like this but he will also have his fair share of 13 point, 5-18 games with 5 or 6 turnovers.

I think Ellis figures it out this season and by that I mean around 24 ppg on around 45% shooting. The turnovers will still be high and his D needs a ton of work.

Saying all of this, I will not be surprised if he finishes the season averaging 20 ppg on 40% shooting.

I expect his scoring to be around 24 and his FG% to be higher but I am not expecting the most explosive scorer in the league (he is top 10 in that category though).

b@llhog24
10-31-2013, 03:55 PM

So basically you're proud to make rash statements you know will stir the pot. I am glad you take credence to your existence on here.

Basically. He's that guy that made ONE bold prediction and it came through and can't shut up about it.

TimeForAHoliday
10-31-2013, 07:42 PM
I told ****** on this forum that he would have a breakout season but the stat nerds didnt believe me.

LTBaByyy
10-31-2013, 07:43 PM
I love it. All the Monta haters are feeding my ego :laugh:

I put on for my team! Let's go.

PS there was a Harden first game thread last year and everyone was in love with him

Y'all just hate Monta.

Bishnoff
10-31-2013, 08:12 PM
The thread title is an oxymoron.

JerseyPalahniuk
10-31-2013, 11:11 PM

PS there was a Harden first game thread last year and everyone was in love with him

Y'all just hate Monta.

God, could your examples be any worse? Harden's debut was 37 points and 12 assists. He was a perennial bench player who just got a max contract. That debut had it's own grantland article about (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/41630/rocket-man-breaking-down-james-hardens-first-game-for-houston). In his second game, he scored 45.

Monta could end up being the goat, but an efficient 32 and 8 is nothing special compared to MCW and Harden's ridiculous debuts.

John Walls Era
11-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Mayonnaise was a beast last year too in the first 2 weeks. I remember when he was hailed as some great signing.

BTW hows Roddy Beaubois? Did he turn into God yet? Mavs fans were ready to call him a HOF.

lol, please
11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Basically. He's that guy that made ONE bold prediction and it came through and can't shut up about it.
He's got nothing on me predicting the 2011 49ers season.

lol, please
11-01-2013, 02:13 AM
I told ****** on this forum that he would have a breakout season but the stat nerds didnt believe me.

Y'all just hate Monta.

:clap:

Snapshot
11-01-2013, 12:16 PM
A lot of hate for Monta on this site, is some of it warranted, I guess, but not to the extent you guys take it to.

Tbh, Monta has been inefficient the past 2 years, terrible in fact, but prior to that he was average...and with a few calls could've been above avg.

He gets the harshest treatment from the refs I have ever seen a good player get, they treat him like a rookie scrub or a 10 day contract player and it's sad.

With that said I have him avg'n 22-24 ppg on 47 pct from the field since Dallas is a respected franchise and the refs wont be able to **** on him as easily as they did when he was with GS and MIL.

1-800-STFU
11-01-2013, 12:20 PM

Either a troll or stupidity. Unsure which.

obie
11-01-2013, 12:32 PM
hahaha

koreancabbage
11-01-2013, 09:24 PM
well he's not efficient today. shooting under 50% where is the OP now? lol and He can't touch Harden.

ricky recon
11-01-2013, 10:31 PM
well he's not efficient today. shooting under 50% where is the OP now? lol and He can't touch Harden.

How old are you?

Rhetorical question.

koreancabbage
11-01-2013, 10:40 PM
How old are you?

Rhetorical question.

LOL just some good ole immature banter going on.

asandhu23
11-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Smh, LTBaby

ThuglifeJ
11-01-2013, 10:59 PM
His shot was terrible tonight.

jam
11-01-2013, 11:05 PM
What an idiotic thread. Ellis 7-19 tonight. Under 37%. Someone start a "dwight howard is GOAT free throw shooter" when he makes 2 in a row.

Deception
11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
All praise efficient Monta Ellis!

bholly
11-01-2013, 11:18 PM
He's got nothing on me predicting the 2011 49ers season.

You don't get credit for predicting your own team's success, no matter how objective and well argued you think it is. It's very rare that a team doesn't have at least some fans making some crazy prediction for them.

FOBolous
11-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Annnnnnd he's gone.

still1ballin
11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Do the LT

:dance:

RLundi
11-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Lol overreaction thread.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-02-2013, 12:24 AM
7/19 shooting. 1 assist. 5 turnovers. He's baaaaack.

ThuglifeJ
11-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Thing is his misses were ranging from airballs to off the backboard. Rockets D is intense tho

lol, please
11-02-2013, 01:10 AM
You don't get credit for predicting your own team's success, no matter how objective and well argued you think it is. It's very rare that a team doesn't have at least some fans making some crazy prediction for them.Please. Don't take credit from someone when it's due. Accurate, risky predictions are to be commended. If you pop off random far stretches of statements day in and day out, and one lands close enough to the hole, that's a different story.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-02-2013, 10:17 AM
And the efficient Ellis got 20 points on 19 shots last night :laugh2:

bholly
11-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Please. Don't take credit from someone when it's due. Accurate, risky predictions are to be commended. If you pop off random far stretches of statements day in and day out, and one lands close enough to the hole, that's a different story.

It's the same thing, though. Every team has someone predicting they do better than expected - one of them is bound to 'land close to the hole', as you say. For you I'm sure it feels great, for anyone else it's "well of course one of their fans predicted it". If you have an already-impressive record of regular accurate predictions then a long-shot coming off can be impressive, but you can't just hang your hat on one prediction when it was the same prediction everyone makes, ie "my team is going to do well".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't feel good about it or whatever, I'm just saying you can't expect other people to be impressed or give you credit for it.

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Does anyone else see the irony in the OP praising Ellis' efficiency and comparing him to Harden after one game only for Harden to kill the Mavericks with epic efficiency and Ellis to revert back to his old ways the very next game? :laugh:

Harden made 34 points on 17 shots, shooting 4-8 on 3-pointers and 8-9 from the free throw line. Ellis scored 20 points on 19 shots, shot 1-4 from the 3-point line and 5-6 from the charity stripe. This is a textbook example of why you don't compare inefficient, volume scorers to hyper efficient superstars. Harden pretty much just made Ellis his *****.

Also, where is the OP? I thought the guy would at least attempt to defend Ellis after last night's game.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Does anyone else see the irony in the OP praising Ellis' efficiency and comparing him to Harden after one game only for Harden to kill the Mavericks with epic efficiency and Ellis to revert back to his old ways the very next game? :laugh:

Harden made 34 points on 17 shots, shooting 4-8 on 3-pointers and 8-9 from the free throw line. Ellis scored 20 points on 19 shots, shot 1-4 from the 3-point line and 5-6 from the charity stripe. This is a textbook example of why you don't compare inefficient, volume scorers to hyper efficient superstars. Harden pretty much just made Ellis his *****.

:laugh: :laugh:. Too good.

waveycrockett
11-02-2013, 10:58 AM
If Monta can play like this all season the Mavs just might crack .500

ThuglifeJ
11-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Also, where is the OP? I thought the guy would at least attempt to defend Ellis after last night's game.

Ok I know its funny but aren't we being hypocritical now? Were gunning Ellis now because of one game like Lt praised him after one game.

Btw, I know we can call Harden a superstar in today's league, but I would love to see him go up against a prime Tmac or someone. Back then hed be an above average role player.

Swashcuff
11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Ok I know its funny but aren't we being hypocritical now? Were gunning Ellis now because of one game like Lt praised him after one game.

Btw, I know we can call Harden a superstar in today's league, but I would love to see him go up against a prime Tmac or someone. Back then hed be an above average role player.

Prime T-Mac wasn't that far off from current James Harden who is a better play maker and more efficient scorer. I am an Allen Iverson fanboy and I can tell you that back then prime Harden would rank right there with A.I. Harden is a beast of a player.

Back then the best SGs were T-Mac, Kobe, A.I., Vince and Ray Ray. Harden is right on that tier with Vince, Ray and A.I.

Longhornfan1234
11-02-2013, 12:27 PM

I'm out... :laugh::laugh:

Shooting 43% from the field is very hyper efficient.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 01:27 PM

Harden's efficiency has been over his entire career though, at an ELITE level.

You act like he isn't facing the same defenses TMac did. Please.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 01:29 PM

Harden has a career TS% that makes a center jealous, and is shooting almost 70% in TS this year. That is ridiculous efficiency.

Basic field goal percentage tells us nothing.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Prime T-Mac wasn't that far off from current James Harden who is a better play maker and more efficient scorer. I am an Allen Iverson fanboy and I can tell you that back then prime Harden would rank right there with A.I. Harden is a beast of a player.

Back then the best SGs were T-Mac, Kobe, A.I., Vince and Ray Ray. Harden is right on that tier with Vince, Ray and A.I.

and Harden would be with Kobe and Tmac if he were more of a two way player, which for his evolution, must be next.

Swashcuff
11-02-2013, 01:32 PM

Basketball is about who scores more points not who can make more buckets. If that were the case there'd be no FT or 3Pt lines

mightybosstone
11-02-2013, 03:50 PM

I saw T-Mac at the end of his prime for several years in Houston. He was nowhere near as efficient a scorer as Harden is. I loved McGrady, but his shot selection left a lot to be desired and he was a bad 3-point shooter, yet chucked them up way too often anyway. Also, you said "today's league" like McGrady played 20-30 years ago. McGrady's prime only ended like 6-7 years ago, dude. Let's not pretend like the league has changed by leaps and bounds since then.

LTBaByyy
11-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Monta with 16 points (4-6, 8-8 FT) at halftime! Effecient. 5 assist too at the half

bholly
11-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Seriously?

LTBaByyy
11-05-2013, 11:19 PM
26 points (9-12, 8-8 FT) and 8 ast end of the 3rd for Ellis

He was shooting 46% going into this game.

Please keep hating y'all. Efficient Monta is back.

IndyRealist
11-05-2013, 11:29 PM
26 points (9-12, 8-8 FT) and 8 ast end of the 3rd for Ellis

He was shooting 46% going into this game.

Please keep hating y'all. Efficient Monta is back.
Against the Lakers. Their starting backcourt is Steve Nash and Steve Blake. -I- could go 9 for 12 against that backcourt.

Small sample size. Revisit this in 30 games or so.

LTBaByyy
11-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Monta finished the game 11-14 and 8-8 FT with 30 points 9 assist 3 rebounds

Efficient ladies and gentlemen. :dance:

JerseyPalahniuk
11-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Monta finished the game 11-14 and 8-8 FT with 30 points 9 assist 3 rebounds

Efficient ladies and gentlemen. :dance:

Sure, lets just keep bumping this thread when he has good games and ignore all the posts when he doesn't. Classic LTbaaaby

:dance:

UPRock
11-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Oh stop it, someone close this thread.

LTBaByyy
11-06-2013, 12:37 AM
He is shooting 52% FG so far and avg 25 PPG

I'll just wait until tomorrow when we play on ESPN against the Thunder and everyone will talk about Monta Ellis and the Mavs will move to 4-1

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-06-2013, 02:28 AM
lmfao

WARRIORS@GR
11-06-2013, 02:36 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

mightybosstone
11-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Ellis has been wildly inconsistent. He dominated against the bad defensive teams and struggled like crazy against the good defensive teams. However, I do like that he's taking fewer 3-pointers and getting to the free throw line more often. If he does that, there's no reason the guy can't score 22 points a game with solid efficiency. But I certainly wouldn't expect the 25 PPG on 50%+ shooting to continue all season long.

ThuglifeJ
11-06-2013, 03:05 AM
how about we just dont comment on this until we have at least a quarter of the season wrapped up.

Tanakid777
11-06-2013, 03:31 AM
Holy sample size, Batman!

kblo247
11-06-2013, 04:23 AM
For the love of god Blake has been killed by Reddick, Klay, Manu, and Korver. It was going to happen, every game has seen a SG go insane

Monta 11-14 and 8-8 FT with 30 points 9 assist 3 rebounds
Korver 8-10, 6-6 from 3, 2rebs, 4asts, 2stls, and a block
Reddick was 5/12 was 3 asts and 2rebs, and he went 1/6 vs Meeks
Manu 7/14, 3asts, 3rebs, for 20 pts
Klays 38 on 15/19 with 5/7 from three because Dantoni wanted Meeks on Steph

I mean damn he gets killed and doesn't get it back at all. This must be how most teams with opposing sgs thun felt forever. Harden is on deck, and honestly it has everything to do with Blake being **** yet Pringles having a woody for him at SG next to Nash

asandhu23
11-06-2013, 09:49 PM
smh. why is this still open? mods, do your jobs.

Tony_Starks
11-06-2013, 09:59 PM
If we can have a apologize to D12 thread after 5 games I don't see why we can't have this.

Matter of fact it should be called the "Apologize to Monta" thread.

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 10:14 PM
If we can have a apologize to D12 thread after 5 games I don't see why we can't have this.

Matter of fact it should be called the "Apologize to Monta" thread.

Asandhu is a huge Ellis fan. It's why he doesn't like attention brought to Ellis.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Mavs lost, where are you hiding LT? :laugh2:

LeperMessiah
11-07-2013, 03:00 AM
It appears he's getting better with his shot selection.

Guppyfighter
11-07-2013, 05:07 AM

I agree, still taking those threes, but I don't think I saw one midrange jumpshot in the second half. I am impressed.

jp611
11-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Monta Ellis had 7 turnovers last night

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sammyvine
11-21-2013, 09:18 AM
he is looking good actually

rick carlise is a genius

ll_eric_ll
11-21-2013, 09:52 AM
This is now a big enough sample size. Is Obvious what kind of season Monta Ellis will have with the Mavs. dropping 37 points, and at the same time, making his teamates better. I give all of the credit to Rick Carlisle, Give tha man a life time contract Cubes!!

Nets/Raiders!
11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
I guarantee he won't keep this up lol.

lolololol you sure about that?

Nets/Raiders!
11-21-2013, 12:30 PM

Rick Carlisle has everything to do with this. He gives Monta an earful but still keeps him in the game so his confidence stays the same or increases. Rick Carlisle puts him in positions where he can catch and shoot as well, where in his previous teams he always had to shoot off of the dribble and worry about double teams.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Monta Ellis is back!!!

Nets/Raiders!
11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Monta Ellis has stopped chucking up inefficient jump shots(especially several 3s) and has gotten back to his aggressive style. Monta drives at will once again and the credit goes to Rick Carlisle and this supporting cast. Monta has only once had a decent supporting cast(ironically knocking Dallas out of the playoffs). Monta has never played with a pass first point guard nor a Dirk Nowitzki. With Ellis on a team where he's not the only scary offensive threat, teams cannot focus on only guarding him. He's free to do as he likes now. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the All-Star game for the first time. He's now in a big market area that gets attention (unlike in Milwaukee, no offense). There's attention in Dallas now, mainly because of the fact that many analysts/fans didn't see Dallas even being in contention for the 8th seed. Ellis has been a pleasant surprise and has made Dallas one in the process.

Nets/Raiders!
11-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Monta Ellis is back!!!

Can't wait to see Kobe back too. As a Dallas fan it's hard to say that, but as a basketball fan it's easy. It doesn't feel right watching a season go on without him.

Mr.SmackYoMama
11-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Haters gonna hate.

This!!!!!!!!!!..................Is F*cking laughable! I'm a Warriors fan and he has ALWAYS......ALWAYS been less than efficient. Homerism at it's finest :0) You're in for a big let down bro, sorry.

FlashBolt
11-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Surprised this season. He has been surprisingly the best player on that team thus far.

Mr.SmackYoMama
11-21-2013, 01:30 PM
The Carlisle **** Stroking in here is kinda disgusting!

D-Leethal
11-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Wow. An inefficient player who played his career with garbage teammates plays next to an all time great and gets more efficient.

Rocket science, I tell you.

Playing with better players making you more efficient is about as sure a thing as death and taxes.

LTBaByyy
11-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Mavericks All Star Monta Ellis

Man that sounds good. :dance:

Warriors fans hating in 3... 2...

nickdymez
11-21-2013, 02:16 PM

lol. Why would Warrior fans hate?

Cal827
11-21-2013, 02:21 PM
lol. Why would Warrior fans hate?

Pretty much. Look at the Warriors now. Don't think they worry about Monta anymore

if anybody should hate, it should be the Bucks lol, but I think they're too busy polishing their tank.

LTBaByyy
11-21-2013, 02:38 PM
This Mavs team will be like last years Warriors team quote me

6th seed. Top 5 offense. No defense. Tough at home (6-0 so far)

Spurs
OKC
Clippers
Warriors
Blazers (I think they keep it up)
Mavs
Rockets
Grizzlies

Then We have 27 mil in cap space at the end of the year.

Greg Monroe $10 mil
Luol Deng $8 mil
Dirk $6 mil ( He will do whatever it takes, he said it)
Marion $3
Vince Vet min

Calderon
Ellis
Deng
Dirk
Monroe

Larkin
Vince
Marion
Wright
Dalembert

Mekel
Ellington
Ledo
Crowder
Draft pick

Blair will get paid by someone, can't have him and Wright making a lot being back ups

Count it

chi-townlove1
11-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Lol ^ deng at 8 mill. Uh if he's getting paid that little next year, COUNT IT, it will be from the bulls.

RLundi
11-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Spurs
OKC
Clippers
Warriors
Mavs
Rockets
Grizzlies

Greg Monroe $10 mil
Luol Deng $8 mil
Marion $3
Vince Vet min

Calderon
Ellis
Deng
Dirk
Monroe

Larkin
Vince
Marion
Wright
Dalembert

Mekel
Ellington
Ledo
Crowder
Draft pick

Blair will get paid by someone, can't have him and Wright making a lot being back ups

Count it

Lol no way the Rockets and Grizz end up lower than the Mavs.

Dallas will be a lower seed if they make the playoffs but OKC, SA, LAC, Houston, GS, Memphis, and possibly Portland are all better than the Mavs. They've had a decent start but they are a fringe playoff team.

gatkins11
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Wow. An inefficient player who played his career with garbage teammates plays next to an all time great and gets more efficient.

Playing with better players making you more efficient is about as sure a thing as death and taxes.

Truth.

Goose17
11-21-2013, 02:54 PM
lol nobody mentioning the turnovers?

Anyway, this is a good start for Monta, I don't think it will last though, he's always had these bursts of greatness throughout seasons, it never seems to stick.

Best of luck to him though, hope he can keep it together. Having Calderon should help a lot.

IndyRealist
11-21-2013, 02:59 PM
He's got to clean up those turnovers and cut back more on the 3s, before he can be considered efficient. Good start though.

Wasting a possession (turnovers, offensive fouls) could be considered worse than taking bad shots, since bad shots still have a chance of going in.

Tony_Starks
11-21-2013, 03:02 PM
This can't be true. Psd logic says Monta is incapable of being efficient. He's a overrated selfish chucker....

Bruno
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
well, he's pretty efficient in Dallas.

TrueFan420
11-21-2013, 06:15 PM

Spurs
OKC
Clippers
Warriors
Mavs
Rockets
Grizzlies

Greg Monroe $10 mil
Luol Deng $8 mil
Marion $3
Vince Vet min

Calderon
Ellis
Deng
Dirk
Monroe

Larkin
Vince
Marion
Wright
Dalembert

Mekel
Ellington
Ledo
Crowder
Draft pick

Count it
Monroe will command more than 10 mill. Dirk will take a pay cut like Duncan around 10 mill but not 6. Deng might take 8 if the length was right.

Guppyfighter
11-21-2013, 06:29 PM

You are not watching the games. Try it sometimes. He has simply stopped taking mid range shots. The midrange tanks anyone's offensive value. The fact he stopped it simply has to do with good work on sitting Ellis down and telling him what he is good at.

bholly
11-21-2013, 06:57 PM

lol. If I knew you in real life and trusted you I'd put a pretty substantial sum, even money, on Monta not making the All Star game this year. It's just so unlikely.

LeperMessiah
11-22-2013, 12:54 AM
This can't be true. Psd logic says Monta is incapable of being efficient. He's a overrated selfish chucker....

Maybe you should learn the basketball.

D-Leethal
11-22-2013, 12:55 AM
You are not watching the games. Try it sometimes. He has simply stopped taking mid range shots. The midrange tanks anyone's offensive value. The fact he stopped it simply has to do with good work on sitting Ellis down and telling him what he is good at.

Wow you don't have to take as many tough shots (mid range are the shots every defense aims to make you shoot ya know) when you aren't facing the same level of defensive attention and have guys who actually command just as much if not more than you.

I guess pretty much every damn player in the NBA just "gets smarter" when they play next to better players? This isn't just a Monta thing. Its a pretty much every player ever thing.

Its easier to get to the rim and get cleaner 3s when your playing next to Dirk as opposed to Brandon Jennings. Thats why he's doing it more.