PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson retiirement press conference

spreadeagle
10-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Anyone else watching this, interesting guy and speech and kind of a sad ending to great career, the LBJ comments I think were good to have out there right before this though.

blahblahyoutoo
10-30-2013, 07:53 PM
*crickets chirping*

SeoulBeatz
10-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Anyone else watching this, interesting guy and speech and kind of a sad ending to great career, the LBJ comments I think were good to have out there right before this though.

Yep it was pretty damn sad seeing him cry. He definitely realizes his mistakes, too bad it took him a whole career to do so.

But it was pretty cool hearing what Lebron and DWade had to say about A.I, like how Wade wears the #3 because of Iverson, as does CP3.

There's a reason so many current stars looked up to A.I growing up, and it certainly wasn't his work-ethic or off-court behavior. It's because no one played harder for 48 minutes than A.I, no one wanted to win more, and he sacrificed his body day in and day out. You gotta respect the heart that he showed every game.

Sure he was an *******, sure he was a thug, but he was also entertaining as **** to watch and left it all on the court and there's a reason the harshest fans in the country embraced him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for team basketball and good ball movement, but sometimes you need characters in this game lol. Sports would be boring as hell if everyone were the same straight-edged, even-keeled type player. For every Steve Nash, you need an Allen Iverson. It's entertainment in the end, after all.

Just check what other players say about A.I:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6zGaoYYN8

SeoulBeatz
10-30-2013, 08:47 PM
*crickets chirping*

lol you either love him or hate him. Most polarizing player in NBA history (before Lebron)

NetsPaint
10-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Made me sad. Glad he's happy with his decision though.

pd7631
10-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Here was a great moment from yesterday...

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-sixers/allen-iverson-aaron-mckie-i-owe-lot-him