PDA

View Full Version : World Series Game 6: Red Sox vs Cardinals | BOS Wins 4-2

Pages : [1] 2 3

-Lavigne43-
10-29-2013, 05:28 PM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/4/484/thumbs/48484882013.gif
http://i47.tinypic.com/s6hswh.jpg-----------http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/54/72/thumbs/3zhma0aeq17tktge1huh7yok5.gif

Boston Red Sox -vs- St. Louis Cardinals

Game 2

Wednesday, October 30 - 7:30 ET
TV: FOX

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_407793.jpg-------------http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_608379.jpg

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/logos/30x34/bos_logo.pngRHP John Lackey vs RHP Michael Wachahttp://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/images/logos/30x34/sln_logo.png

Name
IP
ERA
K/9
BB/9
BABIP
FIP

Lackey
189.1 | 19.1
3.52 | 3.26
7.65 | 9.3
1.90 | 2.3

Wacha
64.2 | 27
2.78 | 1.00
9.05 | 9.3
2.64 | 2.7

http://horsebreedsinfo.com/images/black_horse_running.jpg

goshhhjosh
10-29-2013, 05:50 PM
So which one of y'all paid $12,000 for a ticket?

-Lavigne43-
10-29-2013, 06:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXxpPbfCAAAzZ3v.jpg:large

poprocksncoke
10-29-2013, 06:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXxpPbfCAAAzZ3v.jpg:large

lmao

-Lavigne43-
10-29-2013, 07:27 PM
@MaureenaMullen 16m
#Cardinals still stuck in STL. Were supposed to take off 5 hours ago. #redsoxtalk

You'd think they would have the pull to get a different plane

Soxfan85
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Its gods way of saying you ain't coming to our field and win. :)

Vincent33
10-29-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't think I've been more excited to see a potential series ending game ever. 2004 was just a magical ride and while it made sense that after coming back to beat NYY they just had 'an easier' time with the Cardinals since they basically won the real World Series already, but I wish it had happened in Boston. 2007 I felt Colorado had no shot anyways despite being undefeated in the postseason heading into that World Series so again winning in Denver was expected from me.

This one though, I think we all knew had the chance of going the distance. The fact that Boston was able to win 2 of 3 at STL was amazing and despite the blunders by both teams, this has been a wonderful and memorable World Series and for it to end with the chance that Boston wins at Fenway Park for the first time in nearly 100 years? For me this would be the most satisfying championship of all the titles that the pro teams have won these past 12yrs or so if not in all of the title victories that the Celtics, Bruins, Pats and Sox have won.

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Victorino coming back makes for choices.

Bats 2nd?

Bats 7-9th?

Comes in for D?

Nava isn't really up for playing RF in Fenway, but I don't want to see SV hitting 2nd. I'd rather have him in the lower 3rd with Drew and the catcher. SV would be interesting in the 9 hole actually.

With SV starting you get either Gomes or Nava for PH as well, as opposed to sitting Nava for SV coming in later for D.

I hope he takes cuts in the cage and makes some throws so they can see how ready he is. His heart is big, but we don't need an injured player out there.

goshhhjosh
10-30-2013, 09:30 AM
If SV is in the lineup, he needs to be batting in the lower part of the order. I have no problem with the lineup looking like this:

Ellsbury
Pedroia
Ortiz
Napoli
Gomes
Bogaerts
Victorino
Ross
Drew

Victorino is better at playing RF, but as you've mentioned Bags, they need to make sure that he's healthy. I would have no problem with starting Nava and having Victorino coming into the game later as a defensive replacement or pinch hitter.

Rivera
10-30-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm considering going to the cask'n Flanagan for tonight's game. I just don't know if I want to drive out there yet

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 09:59 AM
So pumped for tonight. Hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around.

StryderSox
10-30-2013, 10:38 AM
So pumped for tonight. Hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around.

I would hardly say that 3 hits over 6 innings was getting to Wacha the first time around. Realistically we got to him on the one pitch that Papi put over the monster. The only thing the Sox did well against him was to make him throw pitches and get his pitch count up.

That being said Lackey really only gave up 1 of the 3 runs he was charged with in that game. The other two were runners that Lackey left on base before Breslow and Salty decided to throw the game away. We also should have a lot more data and video of Wacha to go over.

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 10:44 AM
That's why I said "hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around" and not "hopefully we get to Wacha just like we did in the first game". He pretty much dominated us with the exception of the Ortiz HR.

StryderSox
10-30-2013, 10:49 AM
That's why I said "hopefully we get to Wacha the second time around" and not "hopefully we get to Wacha just like we did in the first game". He pretty much dominated us with the exception of the Ortiz HR.

Ok I get it now. I think I was just reading it wrong. My appologies.

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Ok I get it now. I think I was just reading it wrong. My appologies.

Haha that's what I figured. No hard feelings.

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Waca got by throwing a lot of first pitch strike FB's. He tries that tonight, they will ring his bell. Him and his battery mate are going to have to pitch like an AL pitchers - you know change ups on the first pitch, and a breaking ball (change, cutter, curve is what he has) - (and his curve is meh) on 3-2 sort of thing. He pitches cookie cutter NL, it's good for us.

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
If SV is in the lineup, he needs to be batting in the lower part of the order. I have no problem with the lineup looking like this:

Ellsbury
Pedroia
Ortiz
Napoli
Gomes
Bogaerts
Victorino
Ross
Drew

Victorino is better at playing RF, but as you've mentioned Bags, they need to make sure that he's healthy. I would have no problem with starting Nava and having Victorino coming into the game later as a defensive replacement or pinch hitter.

I'd like Drew not at 9th - due to the LHH x 2 thing, plus his swings have been getting better.

Ells
Pedy
Ortiz
Napoli
Bogie
Nava
Gomes
Drew
Ross

That's my line-up to click. If we have a solid lead late, SV can come in for Nava.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I wish managers manage to win in the playoff over egos. **** it. At least Salty isn't playing anymore.

todu82
10-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Should be a great game tonight. I think we win the series but you know the Cards are going to pull out the stops in an effort to push them to Game 7. I think they might do that with a 3 to 2 win and then we win tomorrow night in a nerve-racking Game 7. Hope I'm wrong on us losing tonight but I can't see the Cards losing 3 in a row.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
If we win today I think it will be because one of Victorino (Farrell said yesterday he's starting), Gomes (same as Victorino), or Drew get a big hit. I think Drew gets a hit or two tonight, he looked way better in game 5. Gomes has had some nice long ab's, but right now it's hr/off the monster or bust right now, pitch him away and he's an out. I have no confidence in Shane, hes looked just as lost at the plate as he did before the grand slam. Batting him 2nd is a big mistake I know they will repeat.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 12:08 PM
I think Lackey gotta pitch 6 strong for them. Keep the ball down and away to Holliday, don't let him pull the ball. and don't ****ing walk guys in your final inning. Papi will get Napoli behind him, and Bogaerts hopefully has a big game too.

Victorino and Drew are automatic outs since forever. Win tonight because i don't want to see Peavy again this year.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 12:19 PM
If Vic is playing, Farrell will bat him 2nd. The 1-2 guys have been brutal since the ALCS.

Rivera
10-30-2013, 12:21 PM
whats the symbolism of the horse? i have a clue (something regards to a finishline) but im probably wrong lol

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 12:40 PM
whats the symbolism of the horse? i have a clue (something regards to a finishline) but im probably wrong lol

The horses name is Lackey.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Lackey.

What a stallion.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 12:50 PM
I can't help but imagine what a walkoff would mean historically, it would instantly be one of the most seen and most memorable plays in baseball history. Sports history too. For Ells or Pedey it would cement their legacies in Boston as one of the best players ever to wear the uni. It would cement Ortiz as the greatest postseason hitter ever. Guys like Napoli, Drew, and Ross who tend to get forgotten years after they retired, now they would be remembered forever, everyone would know their name. Gomes would probably become larger than life and be everywhere.

Lackeyfan41
10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
I can't help but imagine what a walkoff would mean historically, it would instantly be one of the most seen and most memorable plays in baseball history. Sports history too. For Ells or Pedey it would cement their legacies in Boston as one of the best players ever to wear the uni. It would cement Ortiz as the greatest postseason hitter ever. Guys like Napoli, Drew, and Ross who tend to get forgotten years after they retired, now they would be remembered forever, everyone would know their name. Gomes would probably become larger than life and be everywhere.

And if we loose the next two, the exact opposite happens. So much lays on these 2 games.

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 01:15 PM

I think if Ortiz were to cap this WS with a walk off, you can get Mindy Ellis sculpting and set aside some wall space in Cooperstown.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Depends on how we would lose. If there's no dramatic Buckner, or Nelson Cruz moment it's just talked about.

I like to fantasize about the good though. We have walkoff hits this year from: Victorino (x2), Napoli (x2), Drew (x2), Gomes (x2), Ellsbury, Ortiz, Nava, and Salty. I'm going to say we win on a Pedroia walk off

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2013/10/30/what-were-alternatives-looking-red-sox-offsea

Interesting stuff on the offseason. Big miss on Dempster over Liriano. Schierholtz was a pretty good backup plan to Victorino

goshhhjosh
10-30-2013, 02:07 PM
I'd like Drew not at 9th - due to the LHH x 2 thing, plus his swings have been getting better.

Ells
Pedy
Ortiz
Napoli
Bogie
Nava
Gomes
Drew
Ross

That's my line-up to click. If we have a solid lead late, SV can come in for Nava.

Perfectly fine with that lineup, but knowing Farrell, Victorino will play and bat 2nd.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Blow out win, I seen enough of nail biters to last the next decade.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Victorino moved down to 6th...

WEEI ‏@WEEI 1m
Red Sox Game 6 lineup: Ellsbury CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Victorino RF, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Ross C

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Typical Felger and Mazz Whining about us Red Sox Fans being over confident about us winning tonight. Just shut up already.

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 03:02 PM
That lineup is good besides Gomes batting ahead of bogs. Gomes is not better hitter than Bogaerts. Not even close.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Victorino moved down to 6th...

Farrell is finally serious. Enough is enough.

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Everyone is making wacha to be some type of hall of famer. News flash to the media, we have beaten better pitchers in Verlander, price and Max Scherzer.

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Everyone is making wacha to be some type of hall of famer. News flash to the media, we have beaten better pitchers in Verlander, price and Max Scherzer.

On a more cautious note, while we may have beaten Scherzer, Verlander, et. al., we haven't yet beaten Wacha.
Yet.

He is, after all, coming in with a 1.00 ERA and a 4-0 playoff record - it can hardly be surprising that 'the media' likes his chances.

He's thrown (for him) alot of innings this year - 176 2/3, his command and stuff weren't awesome in his first start at Fenway, and this is our second look at him. We've done well with second looks at good pitchers this postseason.

I think it wouldn't be especially surprising (to me at least) if he went out and threw a clunker tonight. Just the same, it wouldn't surprise me if he was fantastic.

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Typical Felger and Mazz Whining about us Red Sox Fans being over confident about us winning tonight. Just shut up already.

I'm not listening but I agree. The over confidence/self congratulations seem way too strong. If we get shutout 3-0 tonight, it'll swing radically to the Sox are a doomed franchise - we can't win a Game 7 - and so on.

Boston fans are bipolar. Stay as even keel as possible. Swear up a storm during the game. Make sure you are in your "lucky" position, drinking your lucky drink. Speaking of drink too bad they don't play baseball in the mornings than I could have a couple of cappuccino's.

AI
10-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Like that Farrell finally moved Shane down, but both him and Gomes batting before Xander? Ugh.

redsoxknicks
10-30-2013, 04:29 PM

I have never understood their appeal. I like Mazz when it is just him, but Felger - ugh. Talk radio doesn't get much more smug than him. And remember, we are talking about Talk Radio. They cater to polarizing, high octane calls and opinions. It is par for the course to spend a lot of time and focus on what a few people are saying.

Of course there will be some fans who get ahead of themselves. Every fan base no matter if it is sports or politics or whatever have people who make the entire base look a little silly. Yes, it is far too early to talk Championship tonight, but any fan base would be doing the same. It is the World Series - in Boston - after all.

Felger loves to talk down to anyone who has a different opinion. I like Beetle Bertrand because he mostly makes sense and works with logic.

Green_Monster
10-30-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm not listening but I agree. The over confidence/self congratulations seem way too strong. If we get shutout 3-0 tonight, it'll swing radically to the Sox are a doomed franchise - we can't win a Game 7 - and so on.

Boston fans are bipolar. Stay as even keel as possible. Swear up a storm during the game. Make sure you are in your "lucky" position, drinking your lucky drink. Speaking of drink too bad they don't play baseball in the mornings than I could have a couple of cappuccino's.

Yeah, posts in these game threads are laughable sometimes. There were several fans claiming this series was over after game 3. I wanted to tell them that they're delusional and it's not over until it over, but it's not worth it.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah, posts in these game threads are laughable sometimes. There were several fans claiming this series was over after game 3. I wanted to tell them that they're delusional and it's not over until it over, but it's not worth it.

I thought it was over after game 3. We blew two games in a row and game 4 had disaster written all over it. The odds were completely against us. That's not being delusional, that's being logical. The people who thought we would be fine just assumed we would destroy Lynn, that didn't happen either. Somehow Clay didn't get destroyed despite having nothing, and our pen pieced together 5 good innings. It was a miraculous win

Today's a tough game to win, anyone who thinks it will be easy is arrogant. We don't have the advantage in game 7. If we lose today we pray for rain tomorrow.

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Please don't name any names. Lol. In all seriousness we all thought it was over. As for me I never believed the series was over as long as we took one in St Louis. I had us winning one game in St Louis, but for us to win two games was amazing.

RedSoxtober
10-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Victorino coming back makes for choices.

Bats 2nd?

Bats 7-9th?

Comes in for D?

Nava isn't really up for playing RF in Fenway, but I don't want to see SV hitting 2nd. I'd rather have him in the lower 3rd with Drew and the catcher. SV would be interesting in the 9 hole actually.

With SV starting you get either Gomes or Nava for PH as well, as opposed to sitting Nava for SV coming in later for D.

I hope he takes cuts in the cage and makes some throws so they can see how ready he is. His heart is big, but we don't need an injured player out there.
Completely agree. I want him WAY down in the order and would have been perfectly happy to let him come in in the last 3 innings as a defensive replacement. I guess 6th is a fair option but he offers no real protection to Gomes.

I think that getting Pedey and Mr. 733 in the first inning is the right thing to do. It increases the chances we put pressure on Wacha early and, hopefully, drive his pitch count up even if we don't score. It was a good formula the second time we saw Wainwright.

I would hardly say that 3 hits over 6 innings was getting to Wacha the first time around. Realistically we got to him on the one pitch that Papi put over the monster. The only thing the Sox did well against him was to make him throw pitches and get his pitch count up.
On the positive side, they were facing an unknown commodity and their results got better the second and third times through the order. I'm hoping that they build on this trend.

On a more cautious note, while we may have beaten Scherzer, Verlander, et. al., we haven't yet beaten Wacha.

True. We also struggled against Sanchez and Scherzer... the FIRST time we faced them in the series. The Sox were more successful the second time around. My bet is that the kid isn't mature enough as a pitcher to alter his approach enough to throw off the seasoned hitters in the Sox lineup. I'm not saying they clobber the kid but I doubt he holds them at bay as he did in the first start.

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I thought it was over after game 3. We blew two games in a row and game 4 had disaster written all over it. The odds were completely against us. That's not being delusional, that's being logical. The people who thought we would be fine just assumed we would destroy Lynn, that didn't happen either. Somehow Clay didn't get destroyed despite having nothing, and our pen pieced together 5 good innings. It was a miraculous win

Today's a tough game to win, anyone who thinks it will be easy is arrogant. We don't have the advantage in game 7. If we lose today we pray for rain tomorrow.

This fan here is not arrogant at all. I respect the cardinals because to win 97 games is no joke and they do have good pitching, but ultimately the Red Sox will win this series. I don't see us losing two games in a row.

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Side note. Anyone else planning to watch the Celtics and Bruins game as well ?

RedSoxtober
10-30-2013, 05:03 PM
I thought it was over after game 3. We blew two games in a row and game 4 had disaster written all over it. The odds were completely against us. That's not being delusional, that's being logical.

I completely agree. Funny how our confidence shifts. At any rate, the momentum shift in game 4 goes straight to the shoulders of Ortiz. Even without knowing what he said during the fifth inning huddle it was obvious that the Sox came out playing the same kind of upbeat style they'd played during the season (vs. the reserved, make-every-pitch-count style they'd adopted in the WS). My bet is that he'd have won the series MVP for that.

Hitting .700+ won't hurt his chances either.

Green_Monster
10-30-2013, 05:08 PM

We were down 2-1 in the series. That is far from over. It's absolutely astonishing to me that somebody would think a series was over after being down 2-1. We've seen some crazy things happen in Boston.

Please don't name any names. Lol. In all seriousness we all thought it was over. As for me I never believed the series was over as long as we took one in St Louis. I had us winning one game in St Louis, but for us to win two games was amazing.

I'm not going to name names. I for sure didn't think it was over. We were only down 2-1, let me repeat, 2-1. My prediction was Red Sox in 6. I predicted the Red Sox in 4 against the Rays, and in 6 against the Tigers, so I'm hoping I can get this one right, too. :)

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 05:14 PM
We were down 2-1 in the series. That is far from over. It's absolutely astonishing to me that somebody would think a series was over after being down 2-1. We've seen some crazy things happen in Boston.

I'm not going to name names. I for sure didn't think it was over. We were only down 2-1, let me repeat, 2-1. My prediction was Red Sox in 6. I predicted the Red Sox in 4 against the Rays, and in 6 against the Tigers, so I'm hoping I can get this one right, too. :)

Let's hope you're right. You are good with predicting games i see. Lol

Green_Monster
10-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Side note. Anyone else planning to watch the Celtics and Bruins game as well ?

I plan on watching the Celtics, during Red Sox commercials. Hockey is my least favorite of the 4 big sports, so I probably won't watch the Bruins game.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Crazy things happening is the same thing as hoping for a miracle. I fully believed game 3 would be the deciding game because I thought there was no way we were winning game 4, and who banks on winning 5-7? I still think it will be hard win because of that game 2 and 3 loss.

Green_Monster
10-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Let's hope you're right. You are good with predicting games i see. Lol

I really wanted to say the Red Sox in 5 against the Cardinals, but I felt that wasn't realistic. I try my best to not be a homer, but it just happens sometimes. :laugh2:

Rivera
10-30-2013, 05:22 PM

I never thought it was over! I kept the faith! For me, After 04 a baseball series isn't over until it's over! #believe!!!!

Green_Monster
10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Crazy things happening is the same thing as hoping for a miracle. I fully believed game 3 would be the deciding game because I thought there was no way we were winning game 4, and who banks on winning 5-7? I still think it will be hard win because of that game 2 and 3 loss.

I could understand someone saying that the Cardinals had the advantage. But, when someone says it's over, that means we have a 0% chance to win. Which is incorrect, because it's not over until it's over.

It's doesn't matter though. Now we can see, the people who said that it was over are wrong. We managed to win the next two games after game three, and are now up 3-2 with the next two games being in Boston.

EEasyA
10-30-2013, 05:57 PM
I really wanted to say the Red Sox in 5 against the Cardinals, but I felt that wasn't realistic. I try my best to not be a homer, but it just happens sometimes. :laugh2:

Lol. With a name like Green monster you can never go wrong with that.

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 06:06 PM
All I ask for tonight is a vintage '13 Red Sox performance.

Good starting pitching, relentless offense and solid defense.

These things characterized the team during the regular season, but since the TB series we haven't really put them all together for a full 9 innings - we had moments in game 1 of this series and the Tiger's series but never the for the full 9.

Would love to close out the season with a characteristic performance tonight - mainly because a game 7 with Peavy starting will age me 15 years in 4 hours.

redsoxknicks
10-30-2013, 06:43 PM
It is games like tonights that I really miss the entire bullpen keeping the beat and rooting on the team. I loved when they used whatever they had including their cleat cleaners to cheer along with the crowd during the most exciting points of the game.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 06:58 PM
This game really needs to start. I'm getting antsy.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Enough of this Wacha Wacha ball washing, lit him up.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 07:21 PM
It would be nice if we just blow them out 2004 game 7 style, but you knowww this is going to be another heart attack game.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 07:25 PM
It would be nice if we just blow them out 2004 game 7 style, but you knowww this is going to be another heart attack game.

Every game since ALDS 3 has been. **** I aged by 20 year already. The cure for that is obvious.

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 07:45 PM

We're due, after all.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Nice picture
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX3JvgZCEAARKM0.jpg:large

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Nice picture

Kinda looks like Bourbon Street...just much chillier.

Station 13
10-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Nice picture

now, that's a baseball town.

Pedroia
10-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Dropkick Murphys + National Anthem = Awesomeness

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Let's end McCarver's broadcasting career tonight!

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Let babip be on our side tonight :hope:

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:08 PM
‏@BobbyValentine 4m
Go Sox- Close it out tonight! Rooting for you at Bobby V's

****, we are going to lose

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Intangibles

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 08:10 PM
‏@BobbyValentine 4m
Go Sox- Close it out tonight! Rooting for you at Bobby V's

****, we are going to lose

he just jinxed us

MagnumForce
great shift pedey!

-Lavigne43-
Shift! Two hard outs

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Clean inning, few pitches and a nice defensive play.

Good start.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:13 PM
95 on the last pitch

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Lets make this Jacoby's last day in a Red Sox uni

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Damn

-Lavigne43-
You ****ing kidding me!!!!!! Again!

redsox0717
Geez again Pedroia, keep it fair :(

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Ortiz's OPS is over 2000

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Great ab

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Nice AB.

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Wacha's velocity better tonight than in game 2. Pitch count creeps up after the Papi ab......

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Napoli, reliably strikes out.

tc2deuce
Wacha will slip

MagnumForce
Seriously we are so due to shell Wacha!

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Lackey's not as sharp tonight

tc2deuce
10-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Pedroia is on to him

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:29 PM
3rd scalded pitch. Offense is going to have to show up tonight

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Molina / Craig = perfect double play combo.

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:30 PM
tailor made DP runner at 1B

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:31 PM
tailor made triple play runner at 2nd....

MagnumForce
damn Lackey...get it together!

-Lavigne43-
Missing with his fastball, have not seen a good curve yet

redsox0717
10-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Whew

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 08:32 PM
still a possible DP

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:33 PM
We have to get Adams out every time he's up.

BSD8393
Lackey doesn't look good....

GoldDustTwin
On the plus side, this part of the order - 4 through 7 aren't going to take any extra bases.

-Lavigne43-
Every curve is high. He needs that pitch

AI
10-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Lots of solid contact off Lackey and he's leaving pitches up so far.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Got Freese on what looked like a hanger

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Get Jay and get out of the mess.

No bull**** slap hits here.

GoldDustTwin
10-30-2013, 08:38 PM
**** don't help these slow bastards out.

redsox0717
Block it geez

BSD8393
Huge K!

GoldDustTwin
Big.

MagnumForce
Whew!

-Lavigne43-
That was a sharp one!

Nighthawk
Got em!!!

redsox0717
Wow Lackey always seems to make the pitches when he really needs to, been doing it all year

AI
10-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Finally a solid curve. More of those going forward please!

Nighthawk
10-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Anyone watching the celtics season opener??

redsox0717
10-30-2013, 08:41 PM

During commercials

Nighthawk
10-30-2013, 08:42 PM

During commercials

Getting spanked atm

redsox0717
Getting spanked atm

Yep, going to be a long year lol

bagwell368
Mr. Gomes!

BSD8393
Intangibles!

-Lavigne43-
Intangibles showing some urgency!

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Watching the Celts in the box score only. so far everything is just the way I want it.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Those shoes will get him a hit

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:44 PM
HBP please

bagwell368
or a BB

BSD8393
Oooooooooo he's getting rattled.

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 08:45 PM
wacha feeling the fenway pressure

bagwell368
inspired batting order?

-Lavigne43-
Got to do damage now. Don't let him get out of this and cruise the rest of the game

redsox0717
Come on X :basehit:

redsox0717
Ugh

BSD8393
Dammit X!

-Lavigne43-
****. Drew is due, he's going yard

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Drew a lonely nation turns its eyes to you...

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:46 PM
wtf strike!?

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Dammit Drew!

-Lavigne43-
He's never going to hit :(

MagnumForce
at least theres contact

MagnumForce
Ross make us forget Salty

otwisted
10-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Drew is incapable of getting a hit. automatic out.

Azzacadabra
10-30-2013, 08:49 PM

-Lavigne43-
****. Wouldn't be surprised if he shut us down after that.

Soxfan85
F---------

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Dammit Ross!

AI
Bad time for Xander to have a bad AB.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
At least the top of the order comes up next inning:shrug:

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:51 PM
At least he's thrown a few pitches and the top of the line-up is rolling around again...

Lackey is on the edge of having 6.2+ strong, or 5.2- and choppy - let's make it strong shall we?

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 08:52 PM
****. Wouldn't be surprised if he shut us down after that.

too much contact being made, we'll get more hits and walks.

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Huge DP!

redsox0717
10-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Nice Lackey

MagnumForce
DP :clap:

-Lavigne43-
Better.

Azzacadabra
Huge DP.

bagwell368
yup, keeps Lackey from a grinding inning...

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Make that $$$$$

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 08:58 PM
His velo is down.

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Lets get down to business. shell this rookie!

redsox0717
Very nice

bagwell368
they have to sit on the fastball until 2 strikes, at 2 strikes that change makes it very tough, but the ball does tend to pop up out of his hand more than the FB - so if they can see that, they can really nail him

redsox0717
His velo is down.

It's usually all over the place, from 91-97

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 09:02 PM
3 run bomb Naps

MagnumForce
we all saw that coming.

redsox0717
Make them pay

BSD8393
Make em pay, Nap!

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:03 PM
napoli has to banish thoughts of HR's here

otwisted
10-30-2013, 09:03 PM
C'mon Naps, make this one hurt.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Changeup for strike 3 I bet

BSD8393
Dammit Nap!

-Lavigne43-
God damn, that was a fastball down the middle

bagwell368
decent cut... oh well

redsox0717
10-30-2013, 09:05 PM
We need an intangible 3 run-shot

bagwell368
nasty pitch

otwisted
Oh look another ****ing K

bagwell368
2 run double is more possible...

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Ok Shane. Do your job, get hbp

redsox0717
Please...

bagwell368
another HBP right here

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Please do something.

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes yes yes yes

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

redsox0717
Yesss

MagnumForce
Victorino delivers!!!!!! 3-0

Azzacadabra
**** yes

redsox0717
Flyin ****in hawaiian

-Lavigne43-
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shouldn't have Wached him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

otwisted
Every little things, gonna be alright!!!!!!!

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:09 PM
SV - wish it was a granny only guy ever w/ 3 in the WS.... still he might have a chance later on....

AI
Boom

-Lavigne43-
Lackey should now have a short leash

redsox0717
Come on more runs...kill, kill, kill

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:10 PM
waca gone by 6 if not 5 now.... waH waH

redsox0717
Damn!

-Lavigne43-
**** that was a bullet

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Lackey....it's all in your hands now. Do your thing

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:11 PM
yeah, if Lackey looks like he's going to vamp out in any way - take him out...

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:12 PM
**** that was a bullet

babip you asked for, babip you got....

redsox0717
Who would be first to pitch if Lackey gets hit up early? Doubront?

EEasyA
Not watching the game due to cable power outage. Smh.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, Doubront should be ready if we see 2nd inning Lackey again.

bagwell368
Celts ahead!

Rivera
victory victory victoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinooooooooooooooooooooo oo! woooo hoooooo LETS GO RED SOX!

MiamiBoy77
Lets gooooo!!!!!!!!

MiamiBoy77

bagwell368

head out to your favorite bar man!

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 09:14 PM

Nighthawk
10-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Letssss gooooo

otwisted
10-30-2013, 09:15 PM
SV - wish it was a granny only guy ever w/ 3 in the WS.... still he might have a chance later on....

Did he hit one with Philly?

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
OK, Mr. DP on the bases, throw those curves...

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Did he hit one with Philly?

Yes.

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Wow. Did that really happen

redsox0717
Wow...Are you kidding me

MagnumForce
WTF Pedey!

BSD8393
What the hell, Pedey!

j-bay
Pedroia.....

bagwell368
time to pray

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:18 PM
big frickin out

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 09:19 PM
The curve and slider are very sharp right now

otwisted
Yes.

I dont see it? http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/victosh01.shtml

bagwell368
one big out here and its good to go

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 09:20 PM
SWEET!!! Nice job lackey!!!

redsox0717
Nice Lackey

-Lavigne43-
Thank god that didn't cost us. Can't believe Pedey has botched two easy DP's this postseason.

MagnumForce
10-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Thank god that didn't cost us. Can't believe Pedey has botched two easy DP's this postseason.

Not very Gold Glove-like

redsox0717

Both caused by him thinking too far ahead. He needs to worry about fielding it first.

bagwell368
I dont see it? http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/victosh01.shtml

google has hundreds of hits for GS in 2008 WS by SV.

Vincent33
10-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Pedey gonna pissed off about that play until the end of the game...might still be slightly pissed about it even if they win.

He'll take his aggression out at his next AB.

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Both caused by him thinking too far ahead. He needs to worry about fielding it first.

fact is he had little shot at a DP, and the runner might have got into his field of vision of not concentration.

bagwell368
10-30-2013, 09:23 PM

regular season != post season - if it was Ortiz would be the greatest hitter of all time

Vincent33
Stephen Drew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StryderSox
Called that in Game 5

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Drew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azzacadabra
There ya go!

-Lavigne43-
Stephen ****ing drewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

redsox0717
There it is!!! Drew!!

bagwell368
boo birds can finally leave Drew alone, and that's the winning run right there baby

MagnumForce
Drew has came through!!!!!!!!!!!!

AI
Drew got a hit. Drew got a ****ing hit!!!!!!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
:laugh:

BSD8393
10-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Sick handshake haha

-Lavigne43-
10-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Drew hit a ****ing homerun! We are got this!

redsox0717
10-30-2013, 09:26 PM
The only thing more unlikely is if Salty pinch hits for Ross and hits a home run

Vincent33
Ells almost had one!!!!!!!!!!

j-bay
Great job Drew!

-Lavigne43-
We're bombing him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redsox0717
Pile it on boys!!

j-bay
10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Jacoby!

redsox0717
10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
All the pressure is off. They can go up there and rip it

otwisted
10-30-2013, 09:29 PM
google has hundreds of hits for GS in 2008 WS by SV.

?????? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_World_Series#Game_1

StryderSox
Waaaaaaaaaaaachaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

bagwell368
yup, the boys are having fun now

MagnumForce
Wachamania coming to a close pretty soon