PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Doc Rivers is massively overrated & will be another Sterling floparooski

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 02:38 AM
haha. I mean the "Doc Rivers changes everything in L.A." hype has just jumped the shark for me, as of today, after listening to the Bowen/Gutierrez NBA podcast. Let me just straighten it out for you real quick: BOSTON had KG who is a powerfully charismatic leader and player and had a monster effect on the Celtics from day 1 onward. And oh yeah they also had Paul Pierce, a master basketball player, a genius on the court who is very understated but nevertheless an extremely influential player.

Doc Rivers had quite a few very mediocre unremarkable seasons prior to winning a title... yes they did get to championship level one time eventually when they formed their dream team and were in the hunt for a couple other years and maybe we could say that Doc learned a little somethin' from KG along the way while he was at it. But c'mon. C'mon. JUST COME-ON. Stop.

Don't sit here and tell me that Doc Rivers is the best coach in the NBA and that his presence is going to completely GALVANIZE the Clippers and turn them into a completely different team. There is just no reason to actually think that. And once we get into the long grind of another NBA season, another DOC RIVERS NBA season, then that is just going to be perfectly obvious.

Face it, Rivers got the MOST credit for his last couple of Boston seasons, when it felt like his teams exceeded expectations and showed some mettle and toughness down the stretch and in the playoffs. But those teams STILL had like 3 or 4 hall of famers (KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo) and a lot of prognostication that affected our expectations was just wrong. Rivers should get good credit for leading those teams in 2011 through 2013, those were well coached teams. But again, they had those great players AND Rivers was playing the role of coach with a long established role and with a thoroughly professional veteran team with championship experience.

The Clipper scenario is completely different, and it is a wide open question as to whether Rivers is going to be any good at all in this new scenario.

5ass
10-29-2013, 02:44 AM
this is sad.

JNA17
10-29-2013, 02:48 AM
umm...why are you so salty about this?

I agree that Doc is overrated but you should also know that Clippers have a lot of talent too just like the Celtics did 07-11. So that's something to keep in mind.

N3TS
10-29-2013, 02:58 AM
Here's the link to what I think the OP is referring to:

"Bruce Bowen and Israel Gutierrez cover the Western Conference in part two of their NBA preview podcasts."
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9892543

Sadds The Gr8
10-29-2013, 03:13 AM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/i'm%20out%20of%20here/grand/vpkpqv.gif

JNA17
10-29-2013, 03:19 AM

I like this one better.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/260/c/a/the_mask_gif_leaving__by_teravita-d5f17yk.gif

Sadds The Gr8
10-29-2013, 03:23 AM
I like this one better.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/260/c/a/the_mask_gif_leaving__by_teravita-d5f17yk.gif

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/162/634/Abandon-thread1.gif

Rndy
10-29-2013, 03:23 AM
I think Doc is a great coach it probably couldn't have hurt having Thibs run your defense when you went back to back finals though.

RipCity32
10-29-2013, 03:24 AM
Seems like a good coach to me.

JNA17
10-29-2013, 03:25 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/162/634/Abandon-thread1.gif

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/NakeBenihime/Lol%20Cats/AbandonThreadbywernette.gif

I can do this all day :D.

Sadds The Gr8
10-29-2013, 03:33 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/NakeBenihime/Lol%20Cats/AbandonThreadbywernette.gif

I can do this all day :D.

lol those are the only thread ones i got

IKnowHoops
10-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Doc is a top 5 coach. Pop is easily #1 but Doc is a good coach. Heat are winning again. Clippers will be better than last year.

LAcowBOMBER
10-29-2013, 04:08 AM
I think the hype has been a bit much and I don't think he makes my top 3 coaches, but he is very good and he should make the Clippers better or they will at least be better coached

goingfor28
10-29-2013, 04:16 AM

Yup this should be closed. But w all the laker lovers if this thread was pro lakers it would be talked about for 5 years

goingfor28
10-29-2013, 04:17 AM
I think the hype has been a bit much and I don't think he makes my top 3 coaches, but he is very good and he should make the Clippers better or they will at least be better coached

Please name 3 better. Pop is one. Love to see u name 2 more

LAcowBOMBER
10-29-2013, 04:38 AM

I'd take Thibs, Carlisle, and Pop over him. Not sure why you have a problem with me saying he probably doesn't make my top 3, I clearly have him somewhere around that based on my statement, probably 4th and no lower than 6th.

sunsfan88
10-29-2013, 04:42 AM
OP wanted to make a thread so he bump it later and say "told you so" if the Clippers bust.

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 05:07 AM

"Bruce Bowen and Israel Gutierrez cover the Western Conference in part two of their NBA preview podcasts."

Yes don't get it wrong, I love that freakin' podcast, I waited all summer for it to start up again. ESPN Radio rules!!

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 05:15 AM

you know, I would kind of agree, I do think it feels like Doc has some momentum and respect from the team and it feels like they might approach the season with a new attitude or stronger team concept or motivation.

But yeah, the expectations are just out of control right now, it's like people are predicting the Clippers to be #1 in the West and to be in the Finals now, just because they hired Doc Rivers.

Like, ok you have CP3 and Griffin, and you're a first round playoff team. Ok, NOW YOU HIRED DOC RIVERS!?! Wow, the awesome Doc Rivers out of the mighty Eastern conference?

What? How did you pull that off. Well, we might as well just say the Clippers will win have homecourt throughout and win the West. Wow he's so awesome they'll just sweep to the Finals.

I mean, wtf why do people assume they will be so much better? What evidence do we have of this?

Last 2 years Boston was "overrated" even with KG/Pierce and Rondo. Then they trade KG/Pierce and now New Jersey is supposedly a contender and Boston is tanking for Wiggins. What difference does Doc Rivers make?

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 05:17 AM
OP wanted to make a thread so he bump it later and say "told you so" if the Clippers bust.

dude, I'm just being a helper. I'm giving everybody a chance to get in on the ground floor here.

I mean, what have we all been taking crazy pills or something? We're talking about the Clippers. Did we somehow all forget that?

So Doc Rivers joined the Clippers. That just means that Doc Rivers is going to become a Clipper's coach. How does it mean much more than that?

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 05:21 AM
I'd estimate that Doc Rivers is probably not in the top ten coaches in the NBA. He's somewhere like 11th to 20th ranking, he's like just as good no better than those guys in that range. He is surely a larger personality than those guys and more famous, but in terms of just coaching and training the team, he's in that range I'd say.

That's not to be mean, I'm just sayin. This doesn't mean Clippers will suck, just saying they will be just about the same as last year, factoring in their improvement this year. I might give them 1 or 2 extra wins this year because of Doc Rivers, maybe 1 or 2 extra wins because of development and improved health of CP3 and Griffin.
And actually they might not get any extra wins just from coaching, because their previous coach was pretty good too, like the exact same level of coach in my estimation.

sunsfan88
10-29-2013, 05:32 AM
dude, I'm just being a helper. I'm giving everybody a chance to get in on the ground floor here.

I mean, what have we all been taking crazy pills or something? We're talking about the Clippers. Did we somehow all forget that?

So Doc Rivers joined the Clippers. That just means that Doc Rivers is going to become a Clipper's coach. How does it mean much more than that?

With the talent on the Clippers team, they don't need a great coach. They just need someone better than Vinny DelNegro which Rivers obviously is.

Barring injury, Clippers will a very good team in the NBA.

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 05:46 AM
With the talent on the Clippers team, they don't need a great coach. They just need someone better than Vinny DelNegro which Rivers obviously is.

Barring injury, Clippers will a very good team in the NBA.

I mean, maybe we can say Rivers is a "better" coach. Maybe. Certainly he's got more personality and PR value, he's more high profile, maybe he will impose an identity on the team more. But in terms of strategies and all that, I'm not sure that he's actually that much better. It's very close, very marginal if you ask me.

People are acting like the entire Celtics tradition + the Big 3 has all become part of the Clippers. I mean one sports journalist after another is picking the Clippers to be #1 or #2 in the West this year... like they've made a giant leap now because they got Rivers. I don't know, I don't see it. Maybe show me, have a couple great seasons, maybe I will start to believe. I mean I'll be a believer by January if they got the best record in the NBA and are beating some top teams. How's that?

But if they aren't getting some big wins (BIG wins) then the prognostication of them being #1 in the Western conference is just laughable. Let's just get real for a second on that.

WARRIORS@GR
10-29-2013, 06:44 AM
top 11-20 range?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Goose17
10-29-2013, 08:42 AM
I mean, maybe we can say Rivers is a "better" coach. Maybe..

LOL! Maybe he's better than Vinny? MAYBE?

:laugh:

http://i.qkme.me/3tsbt2.jpg

koreancabbage
10-29-2013, 09:00 AM
there we have it, the new homer of PSD. him and Amos!ler will play nice with each other.

king4day
10-29-2013, 10:01 AM
He's apparently the reason Paul re-signed. So right there it's not a 'flop' of a signing.
The Clippers were stuck in neutral with VDN. The players will learn some new things and maybe it'll translate on the court or maybe it won't.
Still a solid pickup. If this team, with this coach, can't improve, then nobody else could have done better.

Chronz
10-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Yes don't get it wrong, I love that freakin' podcast, I waited all summer for it to start up again. ESPN Radio rules!!
Rly? Those 2 have fans? Never really tried them

Chronz
10-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Not sure what to expect but I the team should be making the leap this year, I was saying that doc or no doc. Get your bets in while you can

N3TS
10-29-2013, 11:20 AM
You can make an argument that Doc isn't top 3(Pop, Carlisle, Thibs), but to rank him 11-20 and not give him any real credit for their success in Boston is utterly ridiculous. There is a reason why players like playing for him and why he gets the best out of them. You can bring up his stint in Orlando, but even then he got them to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years with a team that was built to succeed on the contingency of a healthy Grant Hill.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 11:21 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCkJU0R25Tn-ED3kC6FqBqSKEqBGdqzJF6SQ86iatH9mVH-i0F

Lol at Doc "maybe" being better than Vinny. Overrated or underrated doesn't matter because hes SIGNIFICANTLY better than Vinny. The Clippers made a huge leap forward by acquiring a coach who at the very least won't hold his talent back the way Vinny did. The Clippers had the talent to do so much more last year believe it or not.

Goose17
10-29-2013, 04:23 PM
You can make an argument that Doc isn't top 3(Pop, Carlisle, Thibs), but to rank him 11-20 and not give him any real credit for their success in Boston is utterly ridiculous.

This^

Personally I think he's a top 5-6 coach in the league right this minute. But that's not important, what's important is he is being vastly underestimated by a lot of you and simultaneously overrated by those that think he's a top 2-3 coach.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't say overrated by those saying top 2-3 if you yourself rank him 4-5 lol. I think you could say those who say he's THE best are overrating him. Although league wide I hear him spoken about by peers, analysts, current and ex players as being only lesser than Pop and maybe Thibs. The main point here is he's a HUGE leap over Vinny. Which is why I expect us to make a Bulls like leap post Vinny. Not in a ton more wins but a few more wins and much better basketball on both ends of the floor, more toughness in the playoffs.

Goose17
10-29-2013, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't say overrated by those saying top 2-3 if you yourself rank him 4-5 lol.

There's a massive gap between being top 3 and being top 5-6.

Who are your top 6 players? Are you seriously telling me there isn't a massive gap between the second and the fifth?

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 04:50 PM
There's a massive gap between being top 3 and being top 5-6.

Who are your top 6 players? Are you seriously telling me there isn't a massive gap between the second and the fifth?

I don't think of the coaches in the same way. I think of them in tiers really. I don't think there is really a gap at all between the few directly beneath Pop and that's why there are so many different opinions on the top 5.

Tier 1: Pop

Tier 2: Thibs, Doc, Vogel, Carlisle

I personally have Doc 3rd behind Pop and Thibs.

Goose17
10-29-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't think of the coaches in the same way. I think of them in tiers really. I don't think there is really a gap at all between the few directly beneath Pop and that's why there are so many different opinions on the top 5.

Tier 1: Pop

Tier 2: Thibs, Doc, Vogel, Carlisle

I also think of it in Tiers, but there's a big gap between those tiers.

1-3 (in no order) Pop, Thibs, Vogel.

4-6 (in no order) Doc, Carlisle, ???? (I'm struggling thinking of the third, Woodson? Jackson? Adelman?)

I think there's a SIGNIFICANT gap between those top 3 and the next 3.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 04:58 PM
I also think of it in Tiers, but there's a big gap between those tiers.

1-3 (in no order) Pop, Thibs, Vogel.

4-6 (in no order) Doc, Carlisle, ???? (I'm struggling thinking of the third, Woodson? Jackson? Adelman?)

I think there's a SIGNIFICANT gap between those top 3 and the next 3.

If you think there is a huge gap between Thibs/Vogel and Doc/Carlisle then I definitely disagree. Also disagree with you putting a coach like Vogel on the tier of Pop. If there is a coach right now receiving massive overrating it's Vogel probably, not Doc.

ewing
10-29-2013, 04:59 PM
his ability to coach will be directly related to Chris Paul's ability to stay healthy

Goose17
10-29-2013, 05:08 PM
If you think there is a huge gap between Thibs/Vogel and Doc/Carlisle then I definitely disagree. Also disagree with you putting a coach like Vogel on the tier of Pop. If there is a coach right now receiving massive overrating it's Vogel probably, not Doc.

Being in the same Tier doesn't make them the same.

Pop

Thibs

Vogel

3-6

7-10

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Just curious Goose.. can you tell me WHY Vogel is better than Doc or Carlisle? Because I've watched enough of Vogel to say in terms of X's and O's and adjustments he's really nothing special. He's known for being a great motivator and is a smart basketball guy in general but he isn't better than Doc or Carlisle IMO, especially not by the gap you're saying.

Your tiers honestly seem generated at random and I'm confused by them.

Cracka2HI!
10-29-2013, 06:21 PM
I assume the OP is Laker fan. It's going to a long season if you have to keep justifiying the Clippers as overhyped and have to convince yourself that despite the Lakers struggles they are the better team this year. Have fun with that. BTW there really isn't a ton of Clipper hype. No one is going around calling Championship. We have a better coach, better players and will be better this season. How is that an unreasonable amount of hype. If you're jealous that they are the more hyped team in LA you'll have to get over it. That isn't chaning for the next few years.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
I assume the OP is Laker fan. It's going to a long season if you have to keep justifiying the Clippers as overhyped and have to convince yourself that despite the Lakers struggles they are the better team this year. Have fun with that. BTW there really isn't a ton of Clipper hype. No one is going around calling Championship. We have a better coach, better players and will be better this season. How is that an unreasonable amount of hype. If you're jealous that they are the more hyped team in LA you'll have to get over it. That isn't chaning for the next few years.

Actually I have to disagree. We ARE hyped lately. Last week or so most people are picking us out of the west for the most part. ESPN today voted among all 20 analysts or w/e and the Clippers got 14 votes to come out of the west. SI and NBA.com have us as second in the west with WCF appearance at least most likely. I just watched Open Court and half of the guys have the Clippers in the finals due to Doc

First time ever I remember us having this much praise/hype. Now it's on Blake and DJ to get it done.

Cracka2HI!
10-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Actually I have to disagree. We ARE hyped lately. Last week or so most people are picking us out of the west for the most part. ESPN today voted among all 20 analysts or w/e and the Clippers got 14 votes to come out of the west. SI and NBA.com have us as second in the west with WCF appearance at least most likely. I just watched Open Court and half of the guys have the Clippers in the finals due to Doc

First time ever I remember us having this much praise/hype. Now it's on Blake and DJ to get it done.

I think it's an approiate amount of hype. Don't get me wrong it's going to be a tough year in the West but I don't see a team that should be favored over us. If the Clippers were the top story on SportCenter like the Lakers were last year after the failed Dwight Howard trade I would agree that we are overhyped. The Clippers can't even make local talk radio still.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I think it's an approiate amount of hype. Don't get me wrong it's going to be a tough year in the West but I don't see a team that should be favored over us. If the Clippers were the top story on SportCenter like the Lakers were last year after the failed Dwight Howard trade I would agree that we are overhyped. The Clippers can't even make local talk radio still.

I agree man. Just saying we aren't under the radar like usual or disrespected. I think it's very fair to say the Clippers are realistic for the WCF.

Cracka2HI!
10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
It will be a failed season if the Clippers don't AT LEAST get to the WCF. As long as the King has a squad like the one he has in Miami I can't expect championships. I'd be very disapointed with an early playoff loss for the next few years anyway. This is our 1st real year where I'll be disappointed with anything less than Finals appearence.

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2013, 07:11 PM
overrated a bit sure, but massively no...he'll be good for the clippers, definitely much better than vinny.

sportsfan222
10-29-2013, 07:12 PM
clippers will win there 45-53 games and lose in the 1st or 2nd round, and then there will be excuses as to how chris paul does not have enough talent around him to get to or win a championship.

they will be a good regular season team though.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 07:17 PM
clippers will win there 45-53 games and lose in the 1st or 2nd round, and then there will be excuses as to how chris paul does not have enough talent around him to get to or win a championship.

they will be a good regular season team though.

So they add shooters, a top notch coaching staff, an improved Blake and DJ most likely and their minimum wins are 45? Lol. I'm going to say 52-53 wins (your best case scenario) minimum and more like 60-62 max if healthy.

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2013, 07:21 PM
So they add shooters, a top notch coaching staff, an improved Blake and DJ most likely and their minimum wins are 45? Lol. I'm going to say 52-53 wins (your best case scenario) minimum and more like 60-62 max if healthy.

he just doesn't like chris paul, and because of his hate for him can't be taken seriously on this topic.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 07:24 PM
he just doesn't like chris paul, and because of his hate for him can't be taken seriously on this topic.

Got it lol.

sportsfan222
10-29-2013, 07:30 PM
its not that i dont like chris paul or the clippers, i am just sick and tired of the hype they get every year and have nothing really to show for it.

its nice they can win 50 plus games and make the playoffs, but getting knocked out in the 1st round in 6 games like this past season, in a series where the clippers lost 4 straight non competitive games after winning 2 nail biters at home, and the year before losing in the 2nd round in a sweep to an aging spurs team that got man handled the following series vs okc in the 2012 playoffs, they need to show more.

truth is, i know my postings may make 1 think that i ''hate'' chris paul, but that is not the case at all. obviously chris paul is a very good player, and i expect a good season from him.

if not thinking chris paul is a top 3 player in the nba means i hate him, then i guess i hate him.

sportsfan222
10-29-2013, 07:34 PM
ill say this though, and even the most die hard clipper fan should not be able to disagree with this.

anything less than a western conference finals appearance should be considered a major failure for the season.

they made some nice additions, there are no excuses this season whatsoever, barring catastrophic injury to paul or griffin.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 07:45 PM
its not that i dont like chris paul or the clippers, i am just sick and tired of the hype they get every year and have nothing really to show for it.

its nice they can win 50 plus games and make the playoffs, but getting knocked out in the 1st round in 6 games like this past season, in a series where the clippers lost 4 straight non competitive games after winning 2 nail biters at home, and the year before losing in the 2nd round in a sweep to an aging spurs team that got man handled the following series vs okc in the 2012 playoffs, they need to show more.

truth is, i know my postings may make 1 think that i ''hate'' chris paul, but that is not the case at all. obviously chris paul is a very good player, and i expect a good season from him.

if not thinking chris paul is a top 3 player in the nba means i hate him, then i guess i hate him.

Huh? The two years prior to this upcoming one they were severely UNDERRATED and DISRESPECTED by everybody. Sure they got on sports shows a lot for highlights but pretty much everybody called them pretenders and some even said they wouldn't make the playoffs higher than a 7-8 seed.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 07:46 PM
ill say this though, and even the most die hard clipper fan should not be able to disagree with this.

anything less than a western conference finals appearance should be considered a major failure for the season.

they made some nice additions, there are no excuses this season whatsoever, barring catastrophic injury to paul or griffin.

Nobody is making excuses, give it a chance man. I agree barring a big injury to CP3 or Blake... anything less than WCF will be a huge disappointment. Although 2nd round exit also possible given how dangerous the Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Warriors and Grizzlies can all be. Remember only two of those six teams will get to the WCF man.

sportsfan222
10-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Huh? The two years prior to this upcoming one they were severely UNDERRATED and DISRESPECTED by everybody. Sure they got on sports shows a lot for highlights but pretty much everybody called them pretenders and some even said they wouldn't make the playoffs higher than a 7-8 seed.

it seemed to me they were getting lots of hype.

i dont think anyone had said they would not make the playoffs the past 2 seasons.

nonetheless, this year is put up or shut up time. no more early playoff exits.

sportsfan222
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Nobody is making excuses, give it a chance man. I agree barring a big injury to CP3 or Blake... anything less than WCF will be a huge disappointment. Although 2nd round exit also possible given how dangerous the Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Warriors and Grizzlies can all be. Remember only two of those six teams will get to the WCF man.

true, but if people are going to tell me how chris paul is the 3rd best player in the nba, whether i agree or disagree, that is already a major advantage over most of those teams.

also, when u take into account how deep there bench is, and obviously there starting 5, on paper they r prob better than any of those teams if healthy.

the question is will they mental toughness be there come playoff time?

tonights game vs the lakers is make or break, a loss tonight and no playoffs. ( just kidding, lol, although i do expect the clippers to win pretty big tonight)

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Popovich

Thibs

Vogel

Spoelstra

Scott Brooks

Mark Jackson

Kevin Mchale, Jacque Vaughn, Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle, Jeff Hornacek, Mike Woodson, Jarry Drew, Mike Brown, Maurice Cheeks, Terry Stotts (these guys are all roughly on the same level)

Note that I've omitted Mike D'Antoni, who I consider somewhat on probation, but who, if he gets his system in and gets on a roll could be in the top 5 or 6 guys potentially.

I've also omitted Phil Jackson, who could arguably be #2, because he's inactive and semi-retired.

I've also omitted Brian Shaw and Jason Kidd because we haven't seen yet what they can accomplish in their first year. It's quite possible that either of those guys could jump up into the top 5 to 8 list very quickly.

Sssmush
10-29-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't know, I just see somewhat of a perfect storm brewing in the Clippers situation.

First of all, there is so much hype and growing pressure on Doc Rivers. He's not used to that, he's used to having lowered expectations in Boston because the team was supposedly old and done (but then, once he left, KG and Pierce turn out to be uber valuable and now are counted on to make a deep run in New Jersey. Both things can't be true. He also had Rondo, and without those 3 guys Rivers was just not going to even attempt to coach the team).

Now he's got a young super talented team (and I would say here that CP3 was definitely going to re-sign, Doc Rivers or no Doc Rivers. Add to this the fact that CP3 lobbied for Doc Rivers, but then Rivers immediately talked smack to CP3 and somewhat disrespected him, which was kind of a dorky mistake).

So Rivers will have a lot more pressure on him. AND he tends to yell. AND he's used to having this super hardworking KG led team that was pure professionalism and worked its *** off and had tons of pride. So... he's going to expect that same level and when these Clippers don't give it to him he's going to get louder and yell more and more and more. When he goes home at night he will think "how can I motivate these guys to play harder, to do better? I just have to yell even louder!"

And he will. He will yell. And he will call guys out in the media. He will push. He will try mind games. But in all this he won't be teaching them very much, or giving them that much that is really new. And he may be forgetting that his point guard is freakin' CP3, who is almost Lebron-like in his greatness but whom Doc Rivers has already called "nothing" in the NBA and that was just on Day 1.

Can you imagine how he'll criticize Griffin once we get into the season? Honestly that is what I'm curious to see, just what magical way of utilizing Blake Griffin does Doc Rivers come up with? I want to see game one, I want to see the plays, I want to see the sets run for Blake Griffin, I want to see the reaction on the sidelines.

I want to see this. I really just have to see this. Because it seems to me that this might be nowhere near as good of a fit as people are assuming, and the added pressure will not play to Doc Rivers strengths (which I would describe as the illusion of authority and respectability.)

Cracka2HI!
10-29-2013, 08:34 PM
This thread is pretty funny. The Clippers were nothing 3 seasons ago. They have a highlight machine and a superstar. They are gaining a little more momentum and hype along with role players and better coaching along the way. This is basically the way every championship contender builds it self it up. Why is such a problem that it's the Clipper this year?

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 08:49 PM
This thread is pretty funny. The Clippers were nothing 3 seasons ago. They have a highlight machine and a superstar. They are gaining a little more momentum and hype along with role players and better coaching along the way. This is basically the way every championship contender builds it self it up. Why is such a problem that it's the Clipper this year?

Because it's the Clippers. People wanted us to forever stay the laughing stock of the NBA apparently. Even now any negative news regarding Sterling, team chemistry issues etc that don't even exist half the time become a huge story. Remember this summer how much BS people tried to spread that wasn't true? CP3 was going to leave... Blake and CP3 hated each other and all that sh**? LMAO...

ewing
10-29-2013, 11:53 PM
they won 53 games last year, some of there best guys should be entering there prime, they have Chris, and they upgraded the roster. If they are healthy Doc will have good year.

sunsfan88
10-30-2013, 01:38 AM
OP got a boner watching tonight's game.

JNA17
10-30-2013, 01:53 AM
It's one game. Doc is a good coach still and will eventually get it together. A whole new team.

Ware_Spencer
10-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Not reading through all of those posts but just in case it was not said.

Doc Rivers lost 19 games in a row with the Orlando Magic than he was fired.

Also lost 18 games in a row with the Celtics.

Does that mean is a horrible coach? No he has learned from that for sure. Have to be a decent coach to win a championship. But I agree he is overrated. He gets talked about like he is one of the greatest coaches in the last 20 years or something. Coaches are about as important as a rotation player on a team. They can make a big impact like a starter or be just a role player. If you have a system on defense and offense that works to their strengths rather than trying to change players you have a good enough coach if you have championship talent.

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 02:09 AM
they won 53 games last year, some of there best guys should be entering there prime, they have Chris, and they upgraded the roster. If they are healthy Doc will have good year.

Sssmush
10-30-2013, 02:56 AM
OP got a boner watching tonight's game.

I mean, Xavier Henry, Jordan Farmar, Pau Gasol... what's not to love? The interesting thing is that the Lakers shot like .440 and the Clippers shot like .490+. But the game wasn't even really close at the end. And none of the Laker players really played that awesome, and the turnover, rebound, assist and steal numbers were all pretty unsurprising. The Lakers are playing loose and clearly haven't got the offense totally wired yet, but with no Dwight clogging everything, and no Metta to take his quota of 10 or 12 bad shots a night, Lakers looked suprisingly solid. And this is a coaches team, pure and simple, there were no superstars on the Lakers out there tonight. This was team-ball, the suped up 2013 version of John Wooden.

And now the Lakers are already 1-0, which is like 100% better than last year when they started 0-5. So right off the bat the Clippers are looking up at the Lakers, who look like a team that will just continue to improve. They triumphed magnificently and their awesomeness threatens to morph this thread into a Laker thread, but I will still point out that Doc Rivers was the giant NON-story of this game.

I mean maybe we could say that the Clippers totally miss Bledsoe and that JJ Reddick is pretty *meh* or whatever, but the fact that Rivers could not will this team to win even after all the preseason rah-rah stuff is pretty underwhelming. I'm telling you, if he is ineffectual like this and starts getting louder and yelling more to try to have an effect it could get like how it was for the Lakers last year.

I mean if the Clippers start out 0-5 and then get to like 2-12 or something this situation will be completely out of control before December.

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 03:07 AM
I mean, Xavier Henry, Jordan Farmar, Pau Gasol... what's not to love? The interesting thing is that the Lakers shot like .440 and the Clippers shot like .490+. But the game wasn't even really close at the end. And none of the Laker players really played that awesome, and the turnover, rebound, assist and steal numbers were all pretty unsurprising. The Lakers are playing loose and clearly haven't got the offense totally wired yet, but with no Dwight clogging everything, and no Metta to take his quota of 10 or 12 bad shots a night, Lakers looked suprisingly solid. And this is a coaches team, pure and simple, there were no superstars on the Lakers out there tonight. This was team-ball, the suped up 2013 version of John Wooden.

And now the Lakers are already 1-0, which is like 100% better than last year when they started 0-5. So right off the bat the Clippers are looking up at the Lakers, who look like a team that will just continue to improve. They triumphed magnificently and their awesomeness threatens to morph this thread into a Laker thread, but I will still point out that Doc Rivers was the giant NON-story of this game.

I mean maybe we could say that the Clippers totally miss Bledsoe and that JJ Reddick is pretty *meh* or whatever, but the fact that Rivers could not will this team to win even after all the preseason rah-rah stuff is pretty underwhelming. I'm telling you, if he is ineffectual like this and starts getting louder and yelling more to try to have an effect it could get like how it was for the Lakers last year.

I mean if the Clippers start out 0-5 and then get to like 2-12 or something this situation will be completely out of control before December.
lmao doc is ok it's the clippers roster dj is a scrub and besides blake they don't have a go to scorer cp3 is a pass first pg the clippers need a 2nd star bad because blake is good but he's not getting them over the hump and i'll put money on it that del negro would have won that game tonight it's just funny how all these clippers fans threw him under the bus i wonder what they are going to do to doc

mdm692
10-30-2013, 03:53 AM

:laugh:. Lakers fan right?

OaklandsFinest
10-30-2013, 03:58 AM

Thibs, Spo, Mark Jackson, Brad Stevens, Rick Carlisle, and thats probably it. Doc is great out of timeouts, has great out of bounds plays, and thats not sarcastic, he really is amazing at that. His problem is he has a team that is not built to run an offense other than pick n roll. Blake still has no jumper, they don't have a wing they can put at the elbow a la Paul Pierce and run cuts. One thing I think that kind of goes unnoticed is CP3 is pretty much a pound the rock, pick n roll pg, who probably wouldn't be effective in other offenses a la the triangle. Doc will figure it out but I would look real long and hard at dealing Blake to a team like Philly for their first and expiring. they played that Bledsoe card too early, should've held on to him and packaged him with Jordan's expiring to Phoenix for their first at the end of this year. You can't tell me looking at Paul, with a combo of Wiggns/ Parker and Julius Randle wouldn't look great.

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Thibs, Spo, Mark Jackson, Brad Stevens, Rick Carlisle, and thats probably it. Doc is great out of timeouts, has great out of bounds plays, and thats not sarcastic, he really is amazing at that. His problem is he has a team that is not built to run an offense other than pick n roll. Blake still has no jumper, they don't have a wing they can put at the elbow a la Paul Pierce and run cuts. One thing I think that kind of goes unnoticed is CP3 is pretty much a pound the rock, pick n roll pg, who probably wouldn't be effective in other offenses a la the triangle. Doc will figure it out but I would look real long and hard at dealing Blake to a team like Philly for their first and expiring. they played that Bledsoe card too early, should've held on to him and packaged him with Jordan's expiring to Phoenix for their first at the end of this year. You can't tell me looking at Paul, with a combo of Wiggns/ Parker and Julius Randle wouldn't look great.
you can't be serious :facepalm:

JNA17
10-30-2013, 04:12 AM
lmao doc is ok it's the clippers roster dj is a scrub

...You can't be serious. Him and CP3 were there best players tonight. DJ especially played very well tonight.

I really don't get this Deandre Jordan hate. The guy is a very solid player, especially on the defensive end and very athletic for his size. Yes he's overpaid, yes he's not exactly the most skilled center, but the guy is tough and a very good defensive center. He proved that in the pre-season and tonight despite the Clippers loss.

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 04:24 AM
...You can't be serious. Him and CP3 were there best players tonight. DJ especially played very well tonight.

I really don't get this Deandre Jordan hate. The guy is a very solid player, especially on the defensive end and very athletic for his size. Yes he's overpaid, yes he's not exactly the most skilled center, but the guy is tough and a very good defensive center. He proved that in the pre-season and tonight despite the Clippers loss.
115 points yea what a great defensive center not to mention the lakers killed you guys on the glass

goingfor28
10-30-2013, 04:37 AM
lmao doc is ok it's the clippers roster dj is a scrub

Don't even bother. You won't win. Best to just ignore him. Trust me on this one.

JNA17
10-30-2013, 04:45 AM
115 points yea what a great defensive center not to mention the lakers killed you guys on the glass

I'm a Lakers fan...

Don't even bother. You won't win. Best to just ignore him. Trust me on this one.

And who the hell are you? I've never seen you here lol.

Sssmush
10-30-2013, 06:39 AM
lmao doc is ok it's the clippers roster dj is a scrub and besides blake they don't have a go to scorer cp3 is a pass first pg the clippers need a 2nd star bad because blake is good but he's not getting them over the hump and i'll put money on it that del negro would have won that game tonight it's just funny how all these clippers fans threw him under the bus i wonder what they are going to do to doc

Yep. I mean I thought the Clippers made some pretty significant strides last season, and it really seemed like Del Negro was a very competent and well-liked coach. I mean I am not a basketball expert by any standard, however the Clippers did have their best ever season and did seem to be progressing solidly all year, from a gimmick team to an actual very good team.

I was paying just marginal attention to the Doc Rivers hiring (prefaced by the Del Negro contract uncertainty, the CP3 free agency, and then the Celtics trade etc) and I kind of went along with the idea that getting Doc Rivers would be pretty cool for the Clippers.

But yeah, then all this Doc Rivers Clippers hype just suddenly reached like a critical mass for me, when Bruce Bowen and Israil Gutierrez both ranked Clippers #1 in the West preseason (Bowen might've had them at #2) and they were like the 10,000th experts to rank the Clippers #1 in the West, and then yeah the more I think about this I just don't see any actual reasons to believe that the Clippers would be better this season than last season and I see some real reasons why they might actually be worse.

Everybody is saying the Golden State will have a big dropoff but that the Clippers will elevate past the Spurs and OKC to the top of the West but yeah, I really just don't see that happening. I could be wrong but I'm interested to see how Griffin gets utilized; if he gets implemented more effectively and expands his skillset that will be the crucial factor.

goingfor28
10-30-2013, 10:40 AM

I'm a Lakers fan...

And who the hell are you? I've never seen you here lol.

Lol I haven't been in the nba forum as much as Yankees and Vikings, but biggie guy is a troll. He's never wrong, even if he's the only one who agrees w himself. Look at the last few pages of the wow Chris Paul thinking early retirement thread

FOBolous
10-30-2013, 11:13 AM
i honestly think Doc is overrated also. he wasn't anything before the big 3. and during the time when the Celtics was known for their defense, Thibs was his assistant.

ewing
10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
i honestly think Doc is overrated also. he wasn't anything before the big 3. and during the time when the Celtics was known for their defense, Thibs was his assistant.

exactly, maybe if he had won a chip with Pat Garity and Darrel Armstrong I'd give credit to the coach instead of the players but just like every other coach in the league he is only as good as his talent

Tmath
10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Doc's face was priceless after the loss. :laugh2:

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
People don't understand that even for a great coach it takes more than a preseason and one game to get a group of pampered, egotistical players to buy in. This isn't the Celtic who were an old team and had already had so much heartbreak and knew what it took. This is a young team filled with egos and quite frankly some primadonnas who needs to be mentally beaten for months before it truly clicks probably.

If you watch the game Doc DID do well. His rotations were pretty good, he got Blake going after pulling him and chewing him out a bit. He got Paul to pick up his aggressiveness a little bit after half, although he was just missing easy shots he normally makes. Doc did what he could, so I don't blame him. I blame Blake and CP3 for not setting the tone for the team like they should EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I'm sorry but it shouldn't be on Redick and DJ to set the tone for the team and carry us through the first half like they did.

As for East FB.... DJ looked fantastic, easily our best player last night. He had 16 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals and contested/altered pretty much everything. Jordan Hill got going late 4th on the glass but he's one of the best rebounders and hustle players in the NBA, doesn't mean Jordan failed at his job. Most of the offensive rebounds were long bounces, which the Lakers converted to 3's. The Lakers killed us bad on the perimeter tonight, not as much in the paint.

Gibby23
10-30-2013, 12:30 PM
People don't understand that even for a great coach it takes more than a preseason and one game to get a group of pampered, egotistical players to buy in. This isn't the Celtic who were an old team and had already had so much heartbreak and knew what it took. This is a young team filled with egos and quite frankly some primadonnas who needs to be mentally beaten for months before it truly clicks probably.

If you watch the game Doc DID do well. His rotations were pretty good, he got Blake going after pulling him and chewing him out a bit. He got Paul to pick up his aggressiveness a little bit after half, although he was just missing easy shots he normally makes. Doc did what he could, so I don't blame him. I blame Blake and CP3 for not setting the tone for the team like they should EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I'm sorry but it shouldn't be on Redick and DJ to set the tone for the team and carry us through the first half like they did.

As for East FB.... DJ looked fantastic, easily our best player last night. He had 16 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals and contested/altered pretty much everything. Jordan Hill got going late 4th on the glass but he's one of the best rebounders and hustle players in the NBA, doesn't mean Jordan failed at his job. Most of the offensive rebounds were long bounces, which the Lakers converted to 3's. The Lakers killed us bad on the perimeter tonight, not as much in the paint.

But Blake can't shoot and has no post game. How is Doc going to change that?

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 12:56 PM
But Blake can't shoot and has no post game. How is Doc going to change that?

How many athletic based players have refined shots and post games after 3 years? Doc can't fix that, Blake has to obviously. He needs to keep working.

2-ONE-5
10-30-2013, 01:05 PM
OP is hilarious. yet to provide one legit reason to why Docs not a good coach. I mean i do think he is overrated but he is a top 10 coach right now. Someone is just made that the Lakers are now the opening act in LA

Gibby23
10-30-2013, 01:05 PM
How many athletic based players have refined shots and post games after 3 years? Doc can't fix that, Blake has to obviously. He needs to keep working.

What has Blake been working on? He is still the same player and still can't even hit FT's. The Clippers are a good team, anywhere from 3 to 6 seed in the west, about the same as last year. They start two bigs that don't have a post game and can't shoot FT's. I know you are happy they are good, but they are not some great team like you keep talking about. They don't have a good post player to be a half court team and don't have bigs that can shoot to be a run and gun team. It isn't a good mix of players and they don't have an Identity they can hang their hat on night in and night out and say this is how we are going to play.

Chronz
10-30-2013, 01:28 PM
lemme guess, this thread went ape **** over a single game

LAKobeBryant
10-30-2013, 01:36 PM

it's the new tradition on PSD, prediction threads on game day. what if threads are old now :)

Goose17
10-30-2013, 02:19 PM
One game?

One game proves nothing.

Last year the Bobcats defeated Indiana, Chicago, Boston and the Knicks. Are they really better than any of those teams? Nine times out of ten no, they're not. But every now and then **** goes wrong for one team or ends up coming together perfectly for another. **** happens. Everyone loses games they shouldn't.

Some of you should just bite your tongue until the season is over.

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 02:50 PM
What has Blake been working on? He is still the same player and still can't even hit FT's. The Clippers are a good team, anywhere from 3 to 6 seed in the west, about the same as last year. They start two bigs that don't have a post game and can't shoot FT's. I know you are happy they are good, but they are not some great team like you keep talking about. They don't have a good post player to be a half court team and don't have bigs that can shoot to be a run and gun team. It isn't a good mix of players and they don't have an Identity they can hang their hat on night in and night out and say this is how we are going to play.

Is this based on one game? Because Blake improved his free throw shooting 13+ percent last year, shot 80 percent from the line in the playoffs and about 70 percent in the preseason. The 3-10 or whatever free throw shooting performance last night was once of the worst of his career that I remember. Blake spent the entire summer working specifically on face up and defense. No reason to work on his post game as much right now because the team wants him playing in a more KG/Amare role on offense. Backing players down for 10 seconds is what the team is trying to STOP. His post game is already good enough to be top 3 in points in the paint every year.

Blitzbolt
10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
I don't care about last night but I do see them trading Jordan by the deadline he when from having KG/perkings and other to having to BG/Jordan/hollins who are super SOFT

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 03:22 PM
I don't care about last night but I do see them trading Jordan by the deadline he when from having KG/perkings and other to having to BG/Jordan/hollins who are super SOFT

Why would they trade Jordan when he's exploding? That's stupid. The dude put up 16/11/3 blocks/3 steals last night which is only the 7th time that's been accomplished on opening night in NBA history. He dominated all summer and he was our best player last night. I'm more worried about Griffin right now than I am Jordan who seems to be handling the pressure much better.

Our team isn't soft, they are just immature. Physically they have the strength and toughness to battle with any team... but mentally they don't step up in the big moments yet and need to grow up.

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 03:22 PM

lmao im a troll because i speak the truth people look at my post history i've always called dj a scrub and yes if the clips really want to make some noise they need to trade dj for a good 3

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Why would they trade Jordan when he's exploding? That's stupid. The dude put up 16/11/3 blocks/3 steals last night which is only the 7th time that's been accomplished on opening night in NBA history. He dominated all summer and he was our best player last night. I'm more worried about Griffin right now than I am Jordan who seems to be handling the pressure much better.

Our team isn't soft, they are just immature. Physically they have the strength and toughness to battle with any team... but mentally they don't step up in the big moments yet and need to grow up.
bro dj was going up against gasol he should have had more rebounds idc about the points but i will say this tho he did out play griffin

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
bro dj was going up against gasol he should have had more rebounds idc about the points but i will say this tho he did out play griffin

He was actually going up against the trio of Gasol/Kaman/Hill which if gelled is one of the best frontcourts in the NBA. 11 rebounds is damn good no matter who you're playing anyways. I understand if you want to nitpick the team but DJ should be off limits for last night, he was pretty perfect for us.

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
He was actually going up against the trio of Gasol/Kaman/Hill which if gelled is one of the best frontcourts in the NBA. 11 rebounds is damn good no matter who you're playing anyways. I understand if you want to nitpick the team but DJ should be off limits for last night, he was pretty perfect for us.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
i'm really starting to question your basketball knowledge

*Superman*
10-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Anything is better than Del Negro, no?

blahblahyoutoo
10-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Yep. I mean I thought the Clippers made some pretty significant strides last season, and it really seemed like Del Negro was a very competent and well-liked coach. I mean I am not a basketball expert by any standard, however the Clippers did have their best ever season and did seem to be progressing solidly all year, from a gimmick team to an actual very good team.

it's cuz del negro wasn't black enough for CP3. ironic because negro means black in spanish.

THE MTL
10-30-2013, 04:12 PM

Wait what did u just say about the lakers front court?

Gibby23
10-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Wait what did u just say about the lakers front court?

If Kamen and Hill get some hair gel, they could be great?

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 04:22 PM

Wait you don't think Pau Gasol, Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill as the backup is one of the better frontcourts and you want to question MY knowledge? Lol.. All 3 are above average players, Gasol in a bigger role will likely have a strong, all star level bounceback year.

goingfor28
10-30-2013, 04:41 PM

Don't worry. We all question yours. Dip **** troll

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Don't worry. We all question yours. Dip **** troll

lmao u mad bro

east fb knicks
10-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Wait you don't think Pau Gasol, Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill as the backup is one of the better frontcourts and you want to question MY knowledge? Lol.. All 3 are above average players, Gasol in a bigger role will likely have a strong, all star level bounceback year.

no:facepalm:

LAKobeBryant
10-30-2013, 05:10 PM
What are you guys talking about. DJ is a bigger asset than blake is to the clippers. If they can trade blake for a low post big then i can see them as a real contender....

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Fit wise I know Kevin Love would be nice for Griffin... but I worry about him bailing in free agency in two years and also worry about Blake exploding next to Ricky Rubio who will feed him nonstop.

JNA17
10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Lol I haven't been in the nba forum as much as Yankees and Vikings, but biggie guy is a troll. He's never wrong, even if he's the only one who agrees w himself. Look at the last few pages of the wow Chris Paul thinking early retirement thread

Oh...I thought you meant me before...ummm...

Awkward. ..

Sssmush
10-30-2013, 05:29 PM

You make some good points. And we can kind of see during the Summer that Rivers attempted to add perimeter shooter players (Reddick and Dudley), in other words to find ways to build the team something along the lines of how Dantoni is rebuilding the Lakers. The difference, of course, is that Dudley and Reddick are many times more expensive than Nick Young, Xavier, etc, and they are also quite a bit older. AND the Clippers had to give up Bledsoe, their 3rd best player, probable future all star and excellent trade bait. So, the Clippers seem like they want to try to play the same game as the Lakers are, a game that Dantoni (on offense) is bound to be miles and miles ahead of Rivers. But as you said, the Clippers don't really have a coherent identity right now--they added shooters to spread the floor, but they don't have the bigs to play an inside-out game, and they're not a run and gun team because their primary frontcourt player isn't a shooter, and their PG mostly excels in the pick and roll game.

So, it's far from an easy job that Doc Rivers has walked into, and he's kind of backed himself early into having responsibility for ALL the decisions, that is for all the ideas as to how to fix everything. By clashing early with Sterling to push his Bledsoe for Reddick trade through and securing unilateral front office power for himself, Rivers leaves himself no outs. He has to "solve" the Clippers completely by himself. Contrast that with the Lakers, where Kupchak can lean on Jim Buss, and Jim Buss can lean on Dantoni, and they all can kind of lean occasionally on Jeannie Buss, and then you've also got people like Phil Jackson and Magic Johnson to offer a few ideas and insights as well, plus you've got Kurt Rambis as an assistant coach and you've got Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash on your team.

Sssmush
10-30-2013, 05:30 PM

LoL

JNA17
10-30-2013, 05:34 PM
no:facepalm:

You sir have weird opinions. I'm not sure if your one of those people that just buys every single thing that's said by the media but the fact is is that Gasol is still a very good player. Especially now that he is a lot healthier now.

Gasol got 15 and 13 boards with 4 assists in 24 minutes for Christ sake lol. That's pretty much what Gasol has always been when healthy. Kamen is still a solid big man and in case you haven't watched the pre season at all, him and Pau have worked greatly together.

And just in case you have been living under a rock for the past season and a half, Jordan Hill since he has come to the lakers has been one of the lakers best role players. He has been doing all the energy and hustle every time he plays. It's almost not surprising what he did last night. The only real concern is if he can stay healthy all year. At times he might get too active so I kinda cringe every time he dives for the ball. XD

Sssmush
10-30-2013, 06:02 PM
You sir have weird opinions. I'm not sure if your one of those people that just buys every single thing that's said by the media but the fact is is that Gasol is still a very good player. Especially now that he is a lot healthier now.

Gasol got 15 and 13 boards with 4 assists in 24 minutes for Christ sake lol. That's pretty much what Gasol has always been when healthy. Kamen is still a solid big man and in case you haven't watched the pre season at all, him and Pau have worked greatly together.

And just in case you have been living under a rock for the past season and a half, Jordan Hill since he has come to the lakers has been one of the lakers best role players. He has been doing all the energy and hustle every time he plays. It's almost not surprising what he did last night. The only real concern is if he can stay healthy all year. At times he might get too active so I kinda cringe every time he dives for the ball. XD

It does seem unrealistic to say that we have one of the best frontcourts in the NBA. I mean we've got Pau Gasol, so that does kind of put you in the conversation automatically. But Kaman and Jordan Hill are huge question marks if they can make it through the season. If people start getting nagging injuries and missing games here and there with ankle sprains or foot tendinitis or whatever, then by the middle of the season we'll be playing lots of games with basically NO frontcourt or with Sacre starting or whatever.

So I agree it is somewhat laughable to say the Lakers have "one of the best" frontcourts in the NBA. That being said, on any given night they should be able to play with any other frontcourt and even possibly outplay them. I mean Gasol can still drop 30 on your *** like nothing, and Hill and Kaman are both very talented.

Clippersfan86
10-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Kaman's only real concern is health. If healthy (rare) he's definitely capable of giving you 13/9/2 type numbers which is an above average center by all acounts. Pair that with a healthier Gasol who gets the ball more and has a strong bounce back year.. and they are one of the better starting frontcourts no doubt. Then you throw in Jordan Hill who's easily one of the best backup bigs in the NBA... and it's really not a stretch to say one of the better or best frontcourts.

The only better ones to me are Indiana, Memphis, San Antonio, Chicago (maybe), Clippers (if Blake steps up) and Utah that I can think of off the top of my head. Although it's irrelevant because the bottom line is.. if you get beaten by the Lakers frontcourt, they are talented enough to where it shouldn't be an embarrassment of any sort.

JNA17
10-30-2013, 06:12 PM
It does seem unrealistic to say that we have one of the best frontcourts in the NBA. I mean we've got Pau Gasol, so that does kind of put you in the conversation automatically. But Kaman and Jordan Hill are huge question marks if they can make it through the season. If people start getting nagging injuries and missing games here and there with ankle sprains or foot tendinitis or whatever, then by the middle of the season we'll be playing lots of games with basically NO frontcourt or with Sacre starting or whatever.

So I agree it is somewhat laughable to say the Lakers have "one of the best" frontcourts in the NBA. That being said, on any given night they should be able to play with any other frontcourt and even possibly outplay them. I mean Gasol can still drop 30 on your *** like nothing, and Hill and Kaman are both very talented.

I never said the Lakers have one of the best, but people here act like Pau is just a role player now and the rest are just a bunch of scrubs.

Cracka2HI!
10-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm definitely not worried after 1 game. I kinda thought the Clippers would lose. It was embarrassing to get blown out by the 2nd unit in the 4th so bad. I got some sig quote worthy marterial for a few weeks from now. I predicted I would in the Clipper forum. The Heat lost to Sixers tonight. Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.