PDA

View Full Version : Clippers' summer of success nearly thrown into chaos by owner

king4day
10-28-2013, 10:42 PM
This is a long article so click the link for the whole thing. It's pretty insane how much goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about. This is a good read.

In the early afternoon hours of July 3, owner Donald Sterling called Los Angeles Clippers president Andy Roeser and informed him he had rescinded approval on moving Eric Bledsoe and acquiring free agent J.J. Redick in a sign-and-trade agreement. The three-team deal delivered the owner's blessing only two days earlier no longer interested Sterling.

Call it off, Sterling instructed Roeser, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Deal's dead.

It didn't matter the news had broken 24 hours earlier of the Clippers sending Bledsoe and Caron Butler to the Phoenix Suns with the Suns' Jared Dudley and Milwaukee's Redick, on a four-year, $27 million contract, joining Los Angeles. It didn't matter the public had been praising Doc Rivers' first deal as the new senior vice president of basketball operations and coach, that Rivers and general manager Gary Sacks had given their word to teams, agents and players that this was a finalized agreement.

After Sterling vaporized the deal on July 3, leaving chaos in his wake, the owner bolted for a beachfront holiday weekend in parts unknown. From the Suns' and Bucks' front offices to Redick's agent, Arn Tellem, to the credibility of the Clippers franchise itself, those involved understood that perhaps only Rivers had the freshly minted cachet and power of persuasion to undo this looming disaster with Sterling.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--clippers--summer-of-success-nearly-thrown-into-chaos-by-owner-012846814.html

John Walls Era
10-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Nothing new with this owner. But at least they got their players.

goingfor28
10-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Typical DTS. Not surprised

Ill21
10-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Sterling and Dolan are easily two of the worst owners in sports. I hate it when owners prevent GM's from doing their jobs

Clippersfan86
10-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Such an upsetting article. Much as I expected... we are turning the corner in SPITE of Sterling. Thanks to a damn good front office that has risen from the ashes the last 3-4 years. Am I sadistic for saying I'll probably celebrate when this guy dies? He seems like such a wicked, selfish, corrupt guy.

JerseyPalahniuk
10-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Such an upsetting article. Much as I expected... we are turning the corner in SPITE of Sterling. Thanks to a damn good front office that has risen from the ashes the last 3-4 years. Am I sadistic for saying I'll probably celebrate when this guy dies? He seems like such a wicked, selfish, corrupt guy.

Yes.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes.

Maybe harsh. I sure as hell won't be sad though.

big_w
10-29-2013, 12:02 AM

Wow, you have mental health issues. Seriously.

5ass
10-29-2013, 12:15 AM
I think he needs to stay on his vacations and stay out of the franchise's basketball related decisions.

sunsfan88
10-29-2013, 12:42 AM
The dumb*** Asian looking POS needs to. Just like the Raiders needed Al Davis gone to start improving, Clippers need the same thing from Sterling.

Yes.

You realize that Sterling actually is a complete dick right? He is a racist, discriminating douchebag who heckled his own damn players.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 01:30 AM

At least I won't try to kill you :confused: :cheers:

goingfor28
10-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Ima say like my man said-this is a sign of good things

If VDN, Olshey, of Dunleavy ever did this DTS would slap the **** out of them. This is a GREAT sign for LAC that doc got DTS to overturn his ways

Manimal
10-29-2013, 04:32 AM
Media licking Doc Rivers balls, shocker.

WAYNEBO
10-29-2013, 12:39 PM

He's the same guy that got personal and childish when Baron Davis was on the team. Garbage owner like Dolan. Neither have any business running a sports franchise.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 12:49 PM
He's the same guy that got personal and childish when Baron Davis was on the team. Garbage owner like Dolan. Neither have any business running a sports franchise.

He regularly shouted "You're fat!" to Baron Davis during the games.

NYKnickFanatic
10-29-2013, 12:58 PM
The dumb*** Asian looking POS needs to. Just like the Raiders needed Al Davis gone to start improving, Clippers need the same thing from Sterling.

You realize that Sterling actually is a complete dick right? He is a racist, discriminating douchebag who heckled his own damn players.

Hmm...

Kashmir13579
10-29-2013, 01:02 PM
i sympathize with Clippers fans when it comes to this nonsense.

DR_1
10-29-2013, 03:54 PM

When did he heckle his players?

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Is this sarcasm? He's heckled a few players. Most notably when he was yelling at Baron throughout the game "You're fat!" "Lose weight!". Now don't get me wrong... in hindsight that's hilarious, but it's also classless and shows what kind of person he is.

This isn't footage but it's the summed up story with quotes of insults in one minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD18xZxfKRc

N3TS
10-29-2013, 04:22 PM
It's so disappointing that an owner would put his team staff in a position like that after giving the ok. You would think that Sterling would take a back seat and let his staff handle all the basketball related stuff, especially since this is the most successful the team has ever been consecutively over the past 30 years since he has owned the team.

Cracka2HI!
10-29-2013, 06:26 PM
I try so hard to support Sterling as a good owner. I really do.

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2013, 06:35 PM
lol just brutal, it's the worst when the owner is sabotaging his own team thinking he knows better then the gm. i'm glad the heat don't have problems like that.

Cracka2HI!
10-29-2013, 06:40 PM
For what it's worth I wasn't thrilled about the Bledsoe trade when it was made either. I thought we had to land a capable big with him and Wing players weren't the problem. The problem I have with this is Sterling approving the trade and then going back on his word. That's just crap. If want to veto a trade do it the 1st time.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
For what it's worth I wasn't thrilled about the Bledsoe trade when it was made either. I thought we had to land a capable big with him and Wing players weren't the problem. The problem I have with this is Sterling approving the trade and then going back on his word. That's just crap. If want to veto a trade do it the 1st time.

Same here. It's understandable he wouldn't want to trade Bledsoe... it's the accepting the trade, then going back a week later about to sabotage it and upsetting all these agents and players that bugs/worries me. Doc pulled a Mike Dunleavy Sr though and calmed Sterling down.

goingfor28
10-29-2013, 10:39 PM

he used to bring females into the locker rooms to show off his black "specimens" too :laugh2:

kylem4711
10-29-2013, 10:45 PM
he used to bring females into the locker rooms to show off his black "specimens" too :laugh2:

you mean those "beautiful black bodies"

NBA_Starter
10-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Thank goodness it got done before it turned into a disaster.

homestarunner93
10-29-2013, 10:53 PM

lol

sunsfan88
10-30-2013, 02:07 AM
I feel sorry for you. Poor little angwy cracka twink got f***ed up the a*s by an Asian rentboy who gave him AIDS. No wonder you're mad (and hopefully suicidal).
Wow your saying Asians have AIDs? And people think I'm the racist one?

rangersfan
10-30-2013, 02:25 AM

I feel sorry for you. Poor little angwy cracka twink got f***ed up the a*s by an Asian rentboy who gave him AIDS. No wonder you're mad (and hopefully suicidal).

sunsfan88
10-30-2013, 02:32 AM
I bet he probably went and overreacted and yelled at Doc saying "Bledsoe could have helped the Clippers bench tonight you idiot! This is why I wanted to keep him!"

I could see Sterling saying something like that.

PatsSoxKnicks
10-30-2013, 02:32 AM
i sympathize with Clippers fans when it comes to this nonsense.

Yeah, if Sterling is the worst owner, we Knicks fans have the 2nd worst owner in Dolan

sunsfan88
10-30-2013, 02:38 AM
Yeah, if Sterling is the worst owner, we Knicks fans have the 2nd worst owner in Dolan

Nobody sympathizes with you specifically though when you got Robert Kraft, one of the best owners in sports, lol.

JNA17
10-30-2013, 03:12 AM
Well...maybe Sterling was on to something XD.

Cal827
10-30-2013, 09:06 AM
HOLY ****! Sunsfan88 can predict people's posts before they even post them! **** Now we're screwed if he becomes a mod, cause some of the things I'm thinking of right now might get me banned :D