PDA

View Full Version : NBA Gametime app for Ipad work on a monitor over the VGA adapter?

jimm120
10-28-2013, 08:04 PM
I've been thinking of getting NBA league pass (international).

Now, there are times in which I'll use it on my PC and other times i'll use it on my ipad. But I've been wondering if the Ipad will also display out to a monitor. I ask because the crappy ipad has an adapter...but it seems it only displays CERTAIN apps over teh vga cable. I would like to take the ipad with me to view on the TV (it has vga).

So yeah....does anyone know if the Ipad NBA Gametime app work for the ipad over a VGA connection?

NoahH
10-29-2013, 12:28 PM
I personally haven't used the iPad connected to the TV. Although I have Mirrored my iPad to the TV.

My method is I run it on my laptop and then plug my laptop into the TV with a VGA adapter and that works. So i am not sure if that would help you out at all.

Captain Moroni
10-29-2013, 01:08 PM
The Ipad is tricky. I went through this same issue when the MLB app was purchased this past year.

This is what I did on my new Ipad. The connection off the Ipad is called a Lightning Connector. I boght a splitter that has the male lighning connector that splits into HDMI and Female Lightning. Then Bought a high quality HDMI cable and ran it from the splitter to the TV.
The Female Lightning port on the splitter can be used to plug a power source into that goes back to the Ipad so that you can run it on power and not battery.

If your TV does not have HDMI, I have no idea.