PDA

View Full Version : Game 1: Los Angeles Lakers versus Los Angeles Clippers (October 29th)

Il Mago50
10-28-2013, 07:39 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/10/28/los-angeles-clippers-vs-los-angeles-lakers-nba-opening-night-for-two-franchises-with-very-different-futures-ahead/

With the start of the new season, huge questions obviously reside in L.A.

One franchise seems doomed to rebuild in the near future, the other careful optimism but one that's centered around a few players yet to reach their potential and having serious questions arise about them as a result.

Who do you got for tomorrow night? Outlooks for both ball clubs?

WARRIORS@GR
10-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Clippers with a statement-win.

Pakman
10-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Clippers with a statement-win.Against a kobe-less laker team is not a statement win. That includes your warriors the following night.

WARRIORS@GR
10-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Against a kobe-less laker team is not a statement win. That includes your warriors the following night.

It is still an opener against their rival,and against the team that has dominated their city forever.Sorry,but even without Kobe,it's still the Lakers,and coming out strong,winning by a large margin is a statement.

P&GRealist
10-28-2013, 09:18 PM
No, it wouldn't be a statement win. If the Clippers keep worrying about trying to show up the Lakers every time, they won't ever play within themselves for themselves. Last year after all the hoopla of the Clippers and with all the problems the Lakers were having, both teams fates' were the same, a first round exit.

Winning by a large margin against even last year's Laker team wasn't much of a statement for the Clippers to be honest. This year is no different.

tredigs
10-28-2013, 09:19 PM
The Clippers are obviously going to beat them up. Clippers should consider it an L if they win by less than double digits. LAC holds the advantage in literally every facet.

JWorthy42
10-28-2013, 09:22 PM
It is still an opener against their rival,and against the team that has dominated their city forever.Sorry,but even without Kobe,it's still the Lakers,and coming out strong,winning by a large margin is a statement.

When did the Lakers and Clippers become rivals? Especially going into this season?

The Lakers lost to the Clippers by double digits several times the past 2 years. Not a big deal. No such thing as a "statement win" in the regular season lol. Playoffs are what matters.

Silly Warriors fan.

kobe4thewinbang
10-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Well, I hope the Lakers at least play well and show some signs of progress. But everyone expects the Clippers to make good on getting Doc Rivers.

goingfor28
10-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Prob be a blowout

Hellcrooner
10-28-2013, 10:49 PM
clippers have NOTHING to win.

If they beat us by 80 points, oh well, lakers suck and everybody says they will win 15 games in the media.

On the other hand if they lose :laugh:

Jenceman
10-28-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm only gonna say go Lakers.

tredigs
10-29-2013, 12:57 AM
clippers have NOTHING to win.

If they beat us by 80 points, oh well, lakers suck and everybody says they will win 15 games in the media.

On the other hand if they lose :laugh:

Then they're 0-1 with a night of embarrassment, but still go on to make the playoffs while the Lakers cross their fingers for Wiggins.

silvTeg98
10-29-2013, 01:00 AM
hopefully we dont get blown out

Hellcrooner
10-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Then they're 0-1 with a night of embarrassment, but still go on to make the playoffs while the Lakers cross their fingers for Wiggins.

And if that happens league starts preparing for nexts lakers dinasty and haters start crying.

Win-Win.

:D

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 01:28 AM
I see two very extreme scenarios. It's going to be one of these two. Now before you make fun of me and say "well no ****.. of course the two options are win or lose" hear me out. I don't expect a close game if the Clippers win. If they lose I obviously know it will at least be close. So the Clippers are either going to look really good or very raw, no in between.

1. Clippers win by 20+ and obliterate the Lakers in every facet.
2. Clippers having never played with a healthy roster yet with time to gel... lose to a hyped up Lakers squad.

ThaDubs
10-29-2013, 01:31 AM
When did the Lakers and Clippers become rivals? Especially going into this season?

The Lakers lost to the Clippers by double digits several times the past 2 years. Not a big deal. No such thing as a "statement win" in the regular season lol. Playoffs are what matters.

Silly Warriors fan.

Since they shared cities, shared areas lol

Hellcrooner
10-29-2013, 01:32 AM
I see two very extreme scenarios. It's going to be one of these two. Now before you make fun of me and say "well no ****.. of course the two options are win or lose" hear me out. I don't expect a close game if the Clippers win. If they lose I obviously know it will at least be close. So the Clippers are either going to look really good or very raw, no in between.

1. Clippers win by 20+ and obliterate the Lakers in every facet.
2. Clippers having never played with a healthy roster yet with time to gel... lose to a hyped up Lakers squad.

you understand that with kobe out and nash in matuzalem mode the only laker player that would start at clippers right now would be Pau ( if healthy) at CENTER ?

they HAVE to win the game comfortably.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 01:40 AM
you understand that with kobe out and nash in matuzalem mode the only laker player that would start at clippers right now would be Pau ( if healthy) at CENTER ?

they HAVE to win the game comfortably.

Kaman+Gasol are guys who can EASILY kill our frontcourt if they don't step up defensively, specifically our bench bigs who will get killed by your frontcourt. During preseason the minute DJ went to the bench teams would go on massive 15-0 type runs. I'm not worried about our backcourt as much, because they will likely demolish.

N3TS
10-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Clips should win. Nash isn't yet a 100% which will be a major factor in the Lakers success this year, until Kobe comes back.

shep33
10-29-2013, 03:50 AM
No Kobe, and a banged up Nash. Don't like how this is looking for us.

dodie53
10-29-2013, 05:52 AM
go lakers

minato_17
10-29-2013, 07:11 AM
I voted for the Lakers. But seriously the Clippers should win this one comfortably. Are they gonna cover the banners and the retired jerseys?

minato_17
10-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Kaman+Gasol are guys who can EASILY kill our frontcourt if they don't step up defensively, specifically our bench bigs who will get killed by your frontcourt. During preseason the minute DJ went to the bench teams would go on massive 15-0 type runs. I'm not worried about our backcourt as much, because they will likely demolish.

That could work both ways too. No one in the starting bigs could contain Blake Griffin or match DJ's athleticsm. For us to win we need a stupendous production from the bench and hit a lot of open threes.

PhillyFaninLA
10-29-2013, 07:37 AM
If only the Lakers had a forum

Clippersfan86
10-29-2013, 11:25 AM
I voted for the Lakers. But seriously the Clippers should win this one comfortably. Are they gonna cover the banners and the retired jerseys?

Nope. It's a Lakers designated home game. Next game they play in January, likely with Kobe back... the banners will be covered and I expect a ton of drama lol.

Lakers + Giants
10-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Go clippers!

The tanking begins now!

0-1 lets get it.

minato_17
10-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Nope. It's a Lakers designated home game. Next game they play in January, likely with Kobe back... the banners will be covered and I expect a ton of drama lol.

I hope they don't cover it versus the Lakers. It's disrespectful in a way because the jerseys and banners signify history of not just the franchise but the NBA. It is what you are playing for. To be a champion or to have your number retired.