PDA

View Full Version : Should the Knicks look to trade Carmelo Anthony ?

mudvayne387
10-28-2013, 11:43 AM
If the Knicks enter the new year somewhere around 5th-6th place in the East, should they consider trading Melo near or at the deadline ?

We have all heard the rumors that Melo wants to become a free agent. I know athletes love to talk, but if that is truly the case then you have to think about getting something in return for him.

I can think of a few fringe teams that would jump at the chance to team Carmelo up with another star. Dallas comes to mind as Dirk is aging and you know Cuban would love to make another run with him.

As a Knicks fan and realist, I see the current team at as the 4th or 5th best team in the East with little to no chance of making the ECF. I hope I am wrong, but the Heat, Bulls, and Pacers all overpower the Knicks on the defensive end of the floor.

With Melo off the books, and picks in the bank the Knicks can re-tool and make a run at some of the other big time free agents when Bargs, Stats, and Chandlers contracts expire....

Do you think it is possible ? If so, what teams would be in play ?

Ray
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't think so, he made the Knicks relevant again. They should do everything they can to keep him. They need to get rid of everyone else and build around him. You won't get anything close to equal value in a trade.

ManningToTyree
10-28-2013, 11:58 AM
No. He isn't going anywhere

ManRam
10-28-2013, 11:59 AM
No.

Not worth the risk. Unless they really get a feeling that he wants to leave, it's probably not worth it. Regardless of how great you think he is or isn't, it's better to have a star like him than to not. Getting him off the books now doesn't matter much nor does it give them much of a head start. If he leaves they can just focus on selling assets next year, and let most of the rest of the contracts expire and rebuild from there. They could be set up for a solid rebuild since their cap situation wouldn't be too horrendous after next year. I think gambling in the hopes that he stays is worth making...as I think he is more valuable than the assets they'd get for him (this of course assumes they aren't getting a top 3 pick next year, for example).

They aren't true title contenders, but I'm not quite sure that means they need to blow it up and trade their star.

LAKobeBryant
10-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Melo in the west wouldn't be considered a contending team.

mudvayne387
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Here is my issue:

Melo will never be the best player on a championship team regardless of who is playing around him. He really does not make anyone around him better for long periods of time.

Do i think he is a great player with a ton of value ? Yes, he single handedly won games for the Knicks on his own. But I also feel when he is struggling, he pulls everyone down with him...

NYtilIdie
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Eh, I wouldn't be oppose to it per say, but this team is already all in this year so I doubt we even consider the thought of trading.

Dolan would never allow such a thing anyway.

nycericanguy
10-28-2013, 12:25 PM
What real Knick fan would say we have little to no chance of making the ECF?

Were we not up in game 6 late in the 4th against IND about to send it to a game 7 at home despite getting NOTHING from the bench and JR & Chandler? There are so many things that could go better this year if we face IND. I like our chances.

We already see Granger is out, D-will is still hurt... Noah is injured...etc... NY isn't the only team with question marks, the east is wide open after MIA. Why give up when you have the best team you've had around Melo to date?

The difference between winning and losing a series is often a few plays here and there. That series could have gone either way.

east fb knicks
10-28-2013, 12:28 PM
:facepalm: no

N3TS
10-28-2013, 12:29 PM
No, I don't think they should. The Knicks are almost as talented as any team in the league, they just got to get some guys to just stay healthy. The other thing is I've watched Bargnani since he entered the league, if he's at his best he will definitely contribute and help this team move forward, but at his worst you don't even want him stepping on to the court. So all and all if he produces what he is capable of doing while playing with Melo, the Knicks will be a hard team to defend, although defensively he won't be much of a help.

nycericanguy
10-28-2013, 12:32 PM
JR is the one I would look to move. Especially if Shump & Hardaway keep progressing.

JR is on a friendly contract. I wouldn't mind moving him for a big like Asik or Okafor. PHO was reportedly interested in JR in the offseason, and Emeka doesn't fit their long term plans. Would make sense for both teams.

Stinkyoutsider
10-28-2013, 12:38 PM
No.

I think they should absolutely keep him if they can. He's given Knicks fans real hope for making deep playoff runs and to win a title. Having a star player can attract other star players to play for the team so I would keep him and sign him to a max deal. He's already leaning towards coming back (he wants to see what moves the Knicks can make to become better) so I'd keep him.

They need another big time scorer with a killer instinct mentality to take the pressure off of Melo. Maybe if they could move Amare's contract at the end of this season, maybe they can take a chance at Kobe? Those 2 already play well together (team USA) and I think Kobe wouldn't mind playing in NY at all.

Sorry to say this, but I think Amare is making too much money and JR Smith is relied on too heavily for offense (too inconsistent).

Hellcrooner
10-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Good luck finding soem team ready to send something Knicks would like for a posible 2 month rental.

mudvayne387
10-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Funny how life works. Everyone bashes Anthony on PSD until the idea of the Knicks trading him is proposed...

mudvayne387
10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
What real Knick fan would say we have little to no chance of making the ECF?

Were we not up in game 6 late in the 4th against IND about to send it to a game 7 at home despite getting NOTHING from the bench and JR & Chandler? There are so many things that could go better this year if we face IND. I like our chances.

We already see Granger is out, D-will is still hurt... Noah is injured...etc... NY isn't the only team with question marks, the east is wide open after MIA. Why give up when you have the best team you've had around Melo to date?

The difference between winning and losing a series is often a few plays here and there. That series could have gone either way.

A Knick fan who is realistic...

Nets are much better, Bulls will be back to normal, and the Heat are the Heat ...

Goose17
10-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Do i think he is a great player with a ton of value ? Yes, he single handedly won games for the Knicks on his own. But I also feel when he is struggling, he pulls everyone down with him...

What he said^

I do think the Knicks should at least listen to offers, but I'm not sure what they would get back for him. Not many teams are going to take the risk of trading for a player who might walk at the end of the season.

nycericanguy
10-28-2013, 01:31 PM

Nets are much better, Bulls will be back to normal, and the Heat are the Heat ...

AK47, Dwill, Pierce, Terry have all had injuries in the preseason so far. Nets have a TON of talent, they could win 60+ games, but they could also be this years Lakers and disappoint. Remember, they got 78 games out of Brook last year, who's to say even he holds up this year?

It's like you're giving every other team the benefit of the doubt, and then imaging a worst case scenario for "your" team... that doesn't make sense. I'm realistic, but I'm also a fan and I'm going to hope for the best for us.

DAL wasn't the best team in 2010, but they got on a good run and won it all. Why would you give up before the season even starts? Who's to say Shump doesn't take the next step this year? Or that Bargs doesn't find his game and goes back to the 47% shooter he was with Bosh?

Kashmir13579
10-28-2013, 01:50 PM

We'll see how much better the Nets are.

Kashmir13579
10-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Anyone who even thinks there is a slight chance Carmelo is traded this year needs their head examined. I'll leave it like that.

Rockice_8
10-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Mathematicians like to think you can use math for everything which I'll agree is typically the case. This is one example of it being true and it not all that complicated.

NYK can pay the most money (by a substantial amount) + Melo (who loves money, see previous free agency debacle) = Melo being a Knick for the foreseeable future.

Now should they pay him this extreme amount of money is a completely different question and the more relevant one. For that I have no equation.

Chill_Will_24
10-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Knicks fans will hate the thought but they should trade Shumpert. His value should be very high. Send him to Boston along with whatever for Rondo or maybe somewhere else for a good solid player in a bad situation.

shep33
10-28-2013, 02:09 PM
What exactly would they get back for him? Why would a team want a few months of Melo while giving up assets?

nycericanguy
10-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Knicks fans will hate the thought but they should trade Shumpert. His value should be very high. Send him to Boston along with whatever for Rondo or maybe somewhere else for a good solid player in a bad situation.

We wouldn't hate that at all, I would love Rondo here, he would take a lot of pressure off Tyson on D, and help Melo on offense. He's actually a proven playoff performer.

Don't know if BOS would do it, but I'd take back Wallace & Lee's contracts too if they did, and send them Stat who's deal ends sooner.

NYKnickFanatic
10-28-2013, 02:13 PM

I hate the thought of trading Shump, but if we can get a healthy Rondo, I wouldn't mind.

Guppyfighter
10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
No. Not unless they can get an absolute steal of a deal for him.

monty77
10-28-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't think that any team sign to Carmelo if he doesn't sign an extension first because it's possible that Howard's case repeat again. So Knicks only would receive a proper offer by a contender team if Melo agrees an extension before.

Nowadays, there a few teams able to do this. Miami, Pacers and Thunders stars play in the same position than Anthony, so the only contender team capable to do a good offer would be the Bulls, who have a Charlotte pick and Loul Deng's expiring contract. Both players, Melo and Loul maybe would sign an extension if they are sent to Bulls and Knicks respectively.

An ideal trade would be: C.Anthony (20 millions: extension contract) and Bargani (11 millions) in exchange of Deng (12 millions: extension contract), Boozer (15 millions) and Charlotte Bobcats pick (top 10 protected this year).

This would be a proper trade for this year, Knicks would win a better player in the PF position, who has the same contract duration (2 years) and a palatable draft pick besides one of the better defensive SF in the league, who would fit perfectly in the new Knicks system.

Bulls would have the second superstar they need to be a contender and a long range shooter at the PF position, which would fit even better with players such as Noah and Gibson. Bargani would be a good reference to Mirotic next year, because they are very similar players.

Despite the above, Carmelo is the type of players that is worth to take a risk. Only one year of Melo's basket means a lot and if Knicks think that it's possible retain him, they do shouldn't trade him at all. Maybe they won't get a player like Anthony in years.

Avenged
10-28-2013, 03:07 PM
You don't trade a player of his caliber unless he says he isn't coming back, and even then you have to think about it since the Knicks will be one of the few teams with a possibility to face Miami in the ECF.

b@llhog24
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
You should trade anybody if you can get appropriate value for them.

Shammyguy3
10-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Nope - they owe it to their core to give them one more shot at a ring this year (highly unlikely imo). After that, they will evaluate where they stand in the conference and see what Melo decides to do in FA

abe_froman
10-28-2013, 03:34 PM
if they dont think he's coming back or get some blow away offer than sure.but its almost always a bad idea to trade a player of his caliber ,doing so is seen as a show to the rest of the team and fans that you arent trying to win as players of his caliber usually represent the best shot to win(though i agree with op ,i dont see him leading anyone to championships)

king4day
10-28-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd say no. The beauty of their current cap situation is, if all else fails, build a new team around Melo when something like 70mil comes off the books. Maybe Mills can build a more complete team around him.
Re-sign Chandler (cheaper) and go from there.

jstone0716
10-28-2013, 03:59 PM
I'd say it's very possible near the trade deadline if they are on the outside looking in... 9-7 seed or worse. If they are top 5 or so I say no way. But Melo's window isn't getting any bigger... if he stays I think he at least tests free agency next year if they don't get to the ECF. Would be a great fit in Indiana, Dallas or perhaps even Houston if they can figure out a way to make that work.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Carmelo played the entire playoffs with 1 arm. We have no chance to make the ECF? FOH.

A healthy Carmelo woulda been enough to beat Indiana. Now JR being sober, that's just extra.

bholly
10-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Depends on your goals as a GM. If you're purely cut-throat, emotionless, caring only about putting a ring on your finger, then the best thing is to recognize this iteration of the Knicks isn't winning one (barring some crazy good fortune) and that the best thing for future wins is to explore trading him now for what assets you can get. Not sure what they can expect to get for him, though, so it's possible it would only get as far as exploration.
But if you care about the fans not hating you, and care about trying to win with what you have, and care about being seen as loyal to players, and care about not being awful in the near future, and care about selling tickets and making money - ie things that GMs typically care about - then of course not. You don't trade a star like that unless you have to.

In the real world, there aren't any GMs or owners who have what it takes to make that sort of move unless it becomes really apparent you could well lose him for nothing, so there's just about no chance they move him this season unless it becomes really clear he's looking to move on.

Goose17
10-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Last year was the time to trade him.

He still holds value now but very few teams are going to give fair value for a guy that could walk at the end of the season. I just don't see it.

Like someone else says, unless he comes out saying he wants to play elsewhere, I don't see them trading him. But they will surely listen to any offers just in case?

Chill_Will_24
10-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Nobody would even want him IMO. Not at his price.

Sinestro
10-28-2013, 08:37 PM
I would say this should be their last year with this core. After this its time to start looking to do something else. That should determine whether it would be in their best interest to keep Melo or not.

Chill_Will_24
10-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Only two types of teams would want him. A team who never attracts stars and that type of team would not take the risk of him leaving. The other type is a team that is close but needs that one last piece but I can't think of any that Melo would actually make better let alone what they would trade.

Detroit maybe but they will never trade Drummond so the best NY could hope for is Monroe maybe

koreancabbage
10-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Carmelo played the entire playoffs with 1 arm. We have no chance to make the ECF? FOH.

A healthy Carmelo woulda been enough to beat Indiana. Now JR being sober, that's just extra.

maybe maybe not. the end result is that they still didn't win.

I'm sorry but Melo has to prove more than that. He's only gone past the 2nd round once his entire career and that is with Denver. if i'm not mistaken.

you guys can keep praising Melo and all his heroics and legendary play but until he he consistently gets far into the playoffs, I don't know why Knicks fans are on his side. You guys should be mad that he hasn't help the Knicks go far into the playoffs the last two years (or his entire career) which should be alarming.

He's getting paid like a superstar but he isn't winning like one.

nycericanguy
10-29-2013, 09:25 AM

I'm sorry but Melo has to prove more than that. He's only gone past the 2nd round once his entire career and that is with Denver. if i'm not mistaken.

you guys can keep praising Melo and all his heroics and legendary play but until he he consistently gets far into the playoffs, I don't know why Knicks fans are on his side. You guys should be mad that he hasn't help the Knicks go far into the playoffs the last two years (or his entire career) which should be alarming.

Oh yea we should be absolutely PISSED that Melo couldn't beat MIA. I mean he had Bibby at PG right? He had Fields at SG... what more could you ask!

And we should be even more pissed that he took us to within 2 games of the ECF, I mean JR & Tyson were amazing against IND, and Melo still couldn't advance!

By your logic CP3 isn't a star either right? Has he ever been out of the 1st round? And he has Blake who is better than anyone Melo has EVER played with.

Rockice_8
10-29-2013, 09:31 AM
I would say this should be their last year with this core. After this its time to start looking to do something else. That should determine whether it would be in their best interest to keep Melo or not.

It won't be though, they still have this core for 2014 as well. I mean they are all expiring at that point but they aren't going to trade them all away for equal talent. They are def stuck with this core next year.

It's 2015 when they are all off the books, still if they resign Melo next year and resign Tyson to maybe some lesser money (maybe like 10M per down from 14M) they still won't have a lot of money to spend even with losing Amare's and Barg's contract.

Still got
JR - 6.4
Felton - 4.5
Shump 3.9
Pablo - 1.7
Hardaway - 1.3
Carmelo (not sure his exact # but lets say like 21-22M)

I'll leave off Tyson for now but without him they need a C. WIthout him it's like 43M on the books right there with the cap holds. Giving them and good PG-SF rotation but no PF's/C's and give or take 15M to spend much is less than a max contract. Add in Tyson (say 10M) and you got yourself the same core and 5M to spend (along with the MLE).

Not exactly massive money left to add another great impact player. Sign Bargs or Metta for a few mil and now you got yourself the same exact team basically and the MLE/MMLE left.

Maybe letting Melo go would be for the best, pretty sure they'd need to have a plan in place before they did that though. Very interesting to see where NYK goes in the next few years.

JordansBulls
10-29-2013, 12:18 PM
If they could trade him to Chicago for Deng and Taj that would be good.

Chill_Will_24
10-29-2013, 12:45 PM
If they could trade him to Chicago for Deng and Taj that would be good.

I dont know if Thibs would like that and i dont think Melo would fit well there the way Deng does

Taj and Deng can together give you almost what Melo gives you as far as points. How does Melo make up for the loss of defense?

KnickaBocka.44
10-29-2013, 01:03 PM

:confused:

I think you got confused. There is no reason to be pissed at Melo.

Captain Moroni
10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
You dont trade superstars. No.
Should the Bulls trade Rose?
Should the Clippers trade Paul?
Should the Thunder trade Durrant?
No.

smiddy012
10-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Only if they go rebuilding mode.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-29-2013, 01:19 PM
I dont know if Thibs would like that and i dont think Melo would fit well there the way Deng does

Taj and Deng can together give you almost what Melo gives you as far as points. How does Melo make up for the loss of defense?

There was another proposal a page up with the Bulls sending Deng/Boozer/Charlotte 1st. As a Bulls fan I would do that if there was an extension from Melo in place. I think between Rose/Butler/Noah/Gibson, Melo's lapses on defense could be managed with the rest of that lineup, as well as the likelyhood that Melo's defense improves at least a slight bit under Thibs.

If the Knicks are looking to 2015 (which they shouldn't as they should be looking to contend now), Boozer would expire, and the Bobcats pick would only be top 8 protected, no protection 2016. Giving them good cap space, a what could be decent lottery pick in 2015 or very good in 2016 + their own pick in 2014 and 2015 which would be possibly be lottery in 2014 (only if they are trading melo away at this deadline) and definitely 2015. Some very good building blocks there going forward. If they keep Deng they are giving themselves a good defensive SF that can guard a wing heavy eastern conference with still plenty of cap space.

But again as most have said, Knicks are not trading Melo, and I bet he likely just re-signs in NY anyways.

koreancabbage
10-29-2013, 01:50 PM
:confused:

I think you got confused. There is no reason to be pissed at Melo.

Oh yea we should be absolutely PISSED that Melo couldn't beat MIA. I mean he had Bibby at PG right? He had Fields at SG... what more could you ask!

And we should be even more pissed that he took us to within 2 games of the ECF, I mean JR & Tyson were amazing against IND, and Melo still couldn't advance!

By your logic CP3 isn't a star either right? Has he ever been out of the 1st round? And he has Blake who is better than anyone Melo has EVER played with.

i didn't say he wasn't star... i said he is getting paid like a superstar but he isn't winning like one. he still is a top 10 player but as far as being a winner....

i mean if you're going to use other teams strengths as an excuse for Melo missing the second round, go ahead. It only means Melo isn't as great as most Knicks fans think he is.

He is known as a pooor playoff performer. This is why Knicks fans should be pissed off at him. I mean whats the reasoning there. You guys say you have crappy players but you guys still finished second last in the East. I mean great season but Melo is a playoffs UNDER-PERFORMER.

you got more to blame than him? he should alone be the blame b/c you get a less effective Melo in the playoffs. yet you want to keep him b/c he is a regular season performer. this fact alone makes him overrated when it comes to building a playoff team around him

ya'll giving him a free pass b/c he's star player? .

nycericanguy
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
i didn't say he wasn't star... i said he is getting paid like a superstar but he isn't winning like one. he still is a top 10 player but as far as being a winner....

i mean if you're going to use other teams strengths as an excuse for Melo missing the second round, go ahead. It only means Melo isn't as great as most Knicks fans think he is.

He is known as a pooor playoff performer. This is why Knicks fans should be pissed off at him. I mean whats the reasoning there. You guys say you have crappy players but you guys still finished second last in the East. I mean great season but Melo is a playoffs UNDER-PERFORMER.

you got more to blame than him? he should alone be the blame b/c you get a less effective Melo in the playoffs. yet you want to keep him b/c he is a regular season performer. this fact alone makes him overrated when it comes to building a playoff team around him

ya'll giving him a free pass b/c he's star player? .

You're all over the place here.

If he's a top 10 player how much do you think he should make? I mean isn't that what the "max" is for? The top 10 players or so? Now guys like Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson or Rashard Lewis back in the day making 18-20m, now there you would have a point. But a top 10 player or even a top 20-30 player should definitely get paid max.

Melo was the MAIN reason we won 54 games, so why would we be pissed at him?

And I wouldn't say Melo is a "poor" playoff performer. He was the only reason that IND series went to 6 games. Yea his FG% dropped off slightly in the playoffs from 45 to 41%, but doesn't everyones? I mean you are facing the best teams and defenses and it's not like Melo had anyone else to take the pressure off him. Even Lebron went from 56% to 47% in the playoffs.

And lastly, if other teams are better then how is that an excuse as you call it? Did you really expect Melo to beat MIA 2 years ago? With a lineup of Tyson, Fields, Bibby & JR? Against Bosh, Wade, & Lebron? You really think we should be "pissed" for not pulling that miracle off?

Is CP3 not a great player then because he's never been as far as Melo?

koreancabbage
10-29-2013, 04:08 PM
you're all over the place here.

If he's a top 10 player how much do you think he should make? I mean isn't that what the "max" is for? The top 10 players or so? Now guys like rudy gay, joe johnson or rashard lewis back in the day making 18-20m, now there you would have a point. But a top 10 player or even a top 20-30 player should definitely get paid max.

Melo was the main reason we won 54 games, so why would we be pissed at him?

And i wouldn't say melo is a "poor" playoff performer. He was the only reason that ind series went to 6 games. Yea his fg% dropped off slightly in the playoffs from 45 to 41%, but doesn't everyones? I mean you are facing the best teams and defenses and it's not like melo had anyone else to take the pressure off him. Even lebron went from 56% to 47% in the playoffs.

and lastly, if other teams are better then how is that an excuse as you call it? Did you really expect melo to beat mia 2 years ago? With a lineup of tyson, fields, bibby & jr? Against bosh, wade, & lebron? You really think we should be "pissed" for not pulling that miracle off?

is cp3 not a great player then because he's never been as far as melo?

Melo was not the main reason why you won 54 games. he was helped and he had great supporting cast and JR Smith playing at his most solid season performances ever in his entire career in the season. and you guys have a great regular season coach in Woodson, who has had great seasonal success.

and thats what all the knicks fans said 2 years ago - about beating the Heat. they said they could beat the Heat.

nycericanguy
10-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Melo was not the main reason why you won 54 games. he was helped and he had great supporting cast and JR Smith playing at his most solid season performances ever in his entire career in the season. and you guys have a great regular season coach in Woodson, who has had great seasonal success.

and thats what all the knicks fans said 2 years ago - about beating the Heat. they said they could beat the Heat.

at that first bolded :laugh: That's the first time I've ever heard that said about NY's supporting cast. Do you honestly think that or are you only saying that now to help your argument? Because JR Smith & Felton were hands down the worst #2 & #3 options on any 50 win team last year and its not even debatable. AndI remember you saying NY was a 6-8 seed last year unless I'm mistaken?

And yea, in a perfect world we COULD beat the Heat if everything goes right. But not when Tyson, Shump, Amare & Davis were out like they were when we played them 2 years ago. Really for ANY team to beat MIA they are going to have to overachieve like DAL did in 2010. MIA has the best player in the world with the best supporting cast, that's not easy to beat.

And you must have not watched many Knick games if you think Melo wasn't the main reason behind those 54 wins. I'd like to know who you think was actually?

Goose17
10-29-2013, 05:01 PM
at that first bolded :laugh: That's the first time I've ever heard that said about NY's supporting cast. Do you honestly think that or are you only saying that now to help your argument? Because JR Smith & Felton were hands down the worst #2 & #3 options on any 50 win team last year and its not even debatable.

Lebron receives endless hate for "needing" a good supporting cast to win.

People talk about Melo needing a supporting cast like it's unfair he doesn't have one and he shouldn't be expected to succeed without one.

nycericanguy
10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Lebron receives endless hate for "needing" a good supporting cast to win.

People talk about Melo needing a supporting cast like it's unfair he doesn't have one and he shouldn't be expected to succeed without one.

Agreed, took the best player in the world 9 years and teaming up with TWO other superstars to win a chip. Yet people expect Melo to do it alone or else he's a failure...

Though I wouldn't say its "unfair", he just hasn't been as fortunate as others in that regard.

Goose17
10-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Agreed, took the best player in the world 9 years and teaming up with TWO other superstars to win a chip. Yet people expect Melo to do it alone or else he's a failure...

Though I wouldn't say its "unfair", he just hasn't been as fortunate as others in that regard.

You criticize Lebron for needing help to win but in the same comment use the lack of help Melo has as a defense for him not winning?

How can you not see how moronic that is?

You can't criticize Lebron for not being able to do it without a supporting cast and then say "It's not Melo's fault he can't win, he doesn't have a supporting cast". It's completely hypocritical.

Guppyfighter
10-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Lebron had one of the worst starting casts statistically speaking too when they won the second time. Bosh did did nothing that entire series and Wade was god awful and worse than Monta statistically.

nycericanguy
10-29-2013, 05:17 PM
You criticize Lebron for needing help to win but in the same comment use the lack of help Melo has as a defense for him not winning?

How can you not see how moronic that is?

You can't criticize Lebron for not being able to do it without a supporting cast and then say "It's not Melo's fault he can't win, he doesn't have a supporting cast". It's completely hypocritical.

I did? :confused:

I have no idea what you're talking about...

But either way, Melo isn't hands down the best player in the world, so naturally he would need MORE help than Lebron.

Goose17
10-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Lebron had one of the worst starting casts statistically speaking too when they won the second time. Bosh did did nothing that entire series and Wade was god awful and worse than Monta statistically.

Oh to be clear I'm not getting into the whole Lebron thing (imho nobody wins on their own).

But I just find it funny (and slightly irritating) that people criticize him for needing help to win, like he should have done it with a d-league roster. And then turn around and say you can't blame Melo for the Knicks losses because he doesn't have help.

koreancabbage
10-29-2013, 08:45 PM
at that first bolded :laugh: That's the first time I've ever heard that said about NY's supporting cast. Do you honestly think that or are you only saying that now to help your argument? Because JR Smith & Felton were hands down the worst #2 & #3 options on any 50 win team last year and its not even debatable. AndI remember you saying NY was a 6-8 seed last year unless I'm mistaken?

And yea, in a perfect world we COULD beat the Heat if everything goes right. But not when Tyson, Shump, Amare & Davis were out like they were when we played them 2 years ago. Really for ANY team to beat MIA they are going to have to overachieve like DAL did in 2010. MIA has the best player in the world with the best supporting cast, that's not easy to beat.

And you must have not watched many Knick games if you think Melo wasn't the main reason behind those 54 wins. I'd like to know who you think was actually?

I did but they surprised me with their defence two years ago. Then they were all offence the second year. No the Knicks fans were pretty convinced they would have beaten the heat two years ago. Then we had the video of Lebron and wade joking after they beat the knicks saying everyone was saying the Knicks would beat the Heat - need I remind you.

Pshhh Woodson had the greater effect of forming a cohesive unit than anything. How can you tell me Melo won 54 games when he had a "bad" supporting cast , according to you. You don't get 54 wins with one good player. Woodson is a good coach but he couldn't get over the hump either.

This team is full of underachievers

Amare Melo Bargnani Smith Woodson

You can't really say otherwise