PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Redraft 1st Round: (3) El Paso vs (7) Pallet Town

Shammyguy3
10-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Every year the Bulls' Forum holds a game where GM's creates the best team via a clean slated fantasy, snake-draft and also by means of trade. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of the Bulls' Forum 2013 NBA Re-Draft.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series. Some teams have written their own "write-ups" detailing why they should win this series.

EL PASO HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

3. El Paso
PG: Kyrie Irving - Jerryd Bayless
SG: Nicolas Batum - Jodie Meeks - Alec Burks
SF: Kawhi Leonard - Corey Brewer - Tobias Harris
PF: Carlos Boozer - Tyler Hansbrough
C: Emeka Okafor - Chris Andersen

7. Pallet Town
PG- Jeremy Lin / Brandon Jennings
SG- Danny Green / Brandon Rush
SF- Wilson Chandler / Michael Beasley / Stephen Jackson
PF- Dirk Nowitzki / Marreese Speights
C- Omer Asik / Festus Ezeil / Hasheem Thabeet

*** No Write-Ups

TrueFan420
10-27-2013, 01:37 PM
If I hadn't been passed out for the last 15 hours my write up would have read, Pokemon is cooler than my little ponies... Nuff said.

aLau10
10-27-2013, 01:48 PM
The ladies would disagree =P
And mine aint any normal little ponies... it's little magical ******** ponies!

TrueFan420
10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
The ladies would disagree =P
And mine aint any normal little ponies... it's little magical ******** ponies!

Hahahahahahaha well good luck to you sir

aLau10
10-27-2013, 03:12 PM
lol yeah good luck to you too bud. May the softest team win =)

Shammyguy3
10-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Currently leaning El Paso - Jeremy Lin or Brandon Jennings guarding Irving the entire time isn't good. Dirk will be a handful but Emeka can guard him leaving Boozer to guarding the inept Asik (battle for the boards).

Not sure I need to see a debate for this one, the lack of scoring on Pallet Town is still a sore eye whereas El Paso has a multitude of guys that will score extremely efficiently

TrueFan420
10-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Currently leaning El Paso - Jeremy Lin or Brandon Jennings guarding Irving the entire time isn't good. Dirk will be a handful but Emeka can guard him leaving Boozer to guarding the inept Asik (battle for the boards).

Not sure I need to see a debate for this one, the lack of scoring on Pallet Town is still a sore eye whereas El Paso has a multitude of guys that will score extremely efficiently

his team doesnt really fit well together tho. oakafor wont check dirk way from the basket and wont make dirk work on the other end. while asik can check boozer. irving cant play a lick of d. leonard and batum wont be as effienct outside of their current teams becasue much more will be asked of them here.

Shammyguy3
10-28-2013, 09:38 PM
his team doesnt really fit well together tho. oakafor wont check dirk way from the basket and wont make dirk work on the other end. while asik can check boozer. irving cant play a lick of d. leonard and batum wont be as effienct outside of their current teams becasue much more will be asked of them here.

How will Batum be asked to do more on this team than he did last year in Portland? The answer is he won't be asked to do more. And Leonard's role is exactly the same. Two highly efficient lower usage guys don't all of a sudden become inefficient lower usage guys when their roles are damn near interchangeable.

Boozer would pull Asik away from the basket, so if Asik guards Carlos then that opens things up for El Paso's perimeter. Yes Okafor isn't a stalwart defensively, but he's not awful either. He's not the prototypical enforcer or rim protector, but you don't have a player that needs to be completely stopped from scoring at the rim (no Rose, Westbrook, Curry, Evans, players like that).

Dirk would simply have to do too much to win this series. Collectively El Paso has 4 guys that would score 65 points in their starting lineup between Irving/Batum/Leonard/Boozer on good to great efficiency all while spacing the floor and providing above average to good rebounding in the process to mitigate Asik's impact on the boards.

TrueFan420
10-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Irving isn't a ready first option. Leonard and batum are not proven second options both are 3rd and boozer is not that good and without thibs scheming to protect his lack of d he will be extremely exposed.

Jennings won't have a tough defender on him and will be ale to get his. Yes he's been ineffiecent but as Ellis is showing now when paired with a true first option like dirk he plays much better. If you switch batum or Leonard to him when he comes on off the bench then that leaves green to drain threes like his record setting finals performance and puts Irving on a bigger guy that can take him on the block.

aLau10
10-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Irving is definitely first option ready. Leonard and Batum are two low usage guys with high efficiency. Boozer will help me space the floor. And as Shammy said I do intend to have Okafor to guard Dirk because it will definitely provide a bit more trouble for Dirk.
And I dont get how if I have 2 great defenders, and decide to put one on Jennings, will leave me with no one to guard green...
Not to mention I think Bayless is an efficient enough defender that can share his effort to slow Jennings if you ask me.

Unfortunate I didnt do a write up.

Shammyguy3
10-28-2013, 11:10 PM
How is Irving not a ready first option? Boozer is the 2nd option on his team also. And we already covered his lack of defense - won't be an issue guarding one of the worst offensive players in the league in Asik. Batum/Leonard are phenomenal 3rd/4th options.

Jennings doesn't need a good defender to guard him. He sorta sucks just on his own against anybody and everybody. Don't correlate Ellis' production in the pre-season with predicted results for an inferior player in Jennings (at least Ellis has proven to be efficient in one season thus far in his career with a better 1st option than he is back in GSW with Baron Davis).

There'd be no need to switch Batum/Leonard onto Jennings. And if Jennings is playing more minutes than Lin, even better for Irving (at least Lin has some size, Jennings has nothing defensively).

Don't compare Jennings setting up Danny Green for threes to what Tony Parker and the Popovich offense as a whole. Your offense is nowhere near the same.

But again i'd like to know why Irving isn't a ready first option.

Shammyguy3
10-30-2013, 12:28 AM
bump