PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Redraft 1st Round: (1) Jericho vs (4) Ontario

Shammyguy3
10-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Every year the Bulls' Forum holds a game where GM's creates the best team via a clean slated fantasy, snake-draft and also by means of trade. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of the Bulls' Forum 2013 NBA Re-Draft.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series. Some teams have written their own "write-ups" detailing why they should win this series.

JERICHO HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

1. Jericho
G: Jrue Holiday - Nate Robinson
G: J.J. Redick - John Jenkins - Marquis Daniels
F: Kevin Durant - Earl Clark
F: Thaddeus Young - Patrick Patterson
C: Larry Sanders - Jason Thompson - Gustavo Ayon

4. Ontario
PG - Mike Conley/DJ Augustin
SG - Iman Shumpert/Dion Waiters/Wesley Johnson
SF - Matt Barnes/Dion Waiters/Luc Richard Mbah Moute
PF - Kevin Love/Jordan Hill/Luc Richard Mbah Moute
C - Marcin Gortat/JaVale McGee

*** No Write-Ups

Matter.
10-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Quick points:

Jericho has no real second option here. Conley vs Holiday.. Conley is a great defender and he can guard holiday and stop him from being a threat on the scoring end while Shumpert can slow down Reddick as a scoring option also. Love vs Young is a great matchup for us as Love can help spread the floor while keeping Young off the glass. Gortat and Sanders is a pretty solid matchup with no real winner as Sanders is better defensively but offensively Gortat is better..

The Bench:
Jericho has only one real star bench player in Nate Robinson, while Ontario has Waiters,Hill, and McGee that can provide SOLID minutes for Ontario.

Ontario in 6

Matter.
10-27-2013, 10:14 PM
bbbb

Shammyguy3
10-28-2013, 04:52 PM
While Jericho doesn't have a "2nd option" neither does Ontario. I'm definitely leaning towards Jericho

Matter.
10-28-2013, 04:54 PM
While Jericho doesn't have a "2nd option" neither does Ontario. I'm definitely leaning towards Jericho

I would argue mike Conley and Gortat provide Muxh more offense then jericho's top 3, plus outside of Robinson he has no offense off the Bench while I have McGee who can put up 10ppg easily and waiters who would excel in a sixth man role

Shammyguy3
10-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I would argue mike Conley and Gortat provide Muxh more offense then jericho's top 3, plus outside of Robinson he has no offense off the Bench while I have McGee who can put up 10ppg easily and waiters who would excel in a sixth man role

Conley's never been more than a 3rd option, and Gortat is suited best as a 3rd option too. Jrue Holiday, while not very efficient, has at least been relied on with a high usage rate before. Now with Durant taking plenty of attention away from him he should see a rise in efficiency. Plus Redick is an underrated scorer. Durant can easily score 25+ points per game in this series, and with a great defense between Durant/Young/Sanders Durant won't need much help offensively (akin to Rose on the Bulls).

Holiday can provide 15ish points
Redick can provide 13ish points
Young can provide 13ish points
Sanders can provide 10ish points
That's ~50 points from the starters, then throw in Durant scoring 25+ and there's plenty of scoring there. Nate Robinson will add 10ish off the bench, and all of a sudden there's 85 points between 6 players and that's being pretty cautious with Durant scoring only 25 a game (career 28.6ppg in the playoffs).

And i think you're underrating his bench a little bit. The offenses overall between the teams are evenly matched, and I like Jericho's defense more with Sanders in the paint versus Gortat.

Matter.
10-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Conley's never been more than a 3rd option, and Gortat is suited best as a 3rd option too. Jrue Holiday, while not very efficient, has at least been relied on with a high usage rate before. Now with Durant taking plenty of attention away from him he should see a rise in efficiency. Plus Redick is an underrated scorer. Durant can easily score 25+ points per game in this series, and with a great defense between Durant/Young/Sanders Durant won't need much help offensively (akin to Rose on the Bulls).

Holiday can provide 15ish points
Redick can provide 13ish points
Young can provide 13ish points
Sanders can provide 10ish points
That's ~50 points from the starters, then throw in Durant scoring 25+ and there's plenty of scoring there. Nate Robinson will add 10ish off the bench, and all of a sudden there's 85 points between 6 players and that's being pretty cautious with Durant scoring only 25 a game (career 28.6ppg in the playoffs).

And i think you're underrating his bench a little bit. The offenses overall between the teams are evenly matched, and I like Jericho's defense more with Sanders in the paint versus Gortat.

I think you are underrating my team's offense a bit

Conley 15-17
Gortat 13-15
Shumpert 8-10
Matt Barnes 8-10
Love 23-25
Waiters 10-12
McGee 9-10

That gives about 86+

Also you are forgetting that I have defensive players in CONLEY,SHUMPERT and BARNES

Conley would make life hard for Holiday where he would average 12-14
Shumpert on Reddick is perfect as shumpert can stop him from scoring threes at will while Barnes guards Durant on and off with Shumpert and Moute... Plus we also have hustle man Hill who would provide putbacks and easily would outhustle Pattrick Patterson

Shammyguy3
10-28-2013, 09:34 PM
No, Conley wouldn't limit Jrue Holiday to 12-14 points :laugh2: go look up Holiday's numbers last year versus elite defenses... you don't have an elite defense. Conley will give Holiday fits yes, but you're overstating an individual defender's edge here.

Plus - your defense is least important being on the perimeter. And I really don't think Matt Barnes would have any impact of Kevin Durant at all. He's not a Leonard, Deng, Lebron, George defensively. You have none of those guys for the 36+ minutes Durant would play.

Shammyguy3
10-30-2013, 12:31 AM
bump