PDA

View Full Version : World Series Game 4: Red Sox @ Cardinals | STL Leads 2-1

Pages : [1] 2 3

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 02:47 AM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/4/484/thumbs/48484882013.gif
http://i47.tinypic.com/s6hswh.jpg-----------http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/54/72/thumbs/3zhma0aeq17tktge1huh7yok5.gif

Boston Red Sox -vs- St. Louis Cardinals

Game 3

Sunday, October 27 - 8:00 ET
TV: FOX

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_453329.jpg-------------http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_458681.jpg

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/logos/30x34/bos_logo.pngRHP Clay Buchholz vs RHP Lance Lynnhttp://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/images/logos/30x34/sln_logo.png

Name
IP
ERA
K/9
BB/9
BABIP
FIP

Buchholz
108.1 | 16.2
1.74 | 5.40
7.98 | 8.1
2.99 | 2.7

Lynn
201.2| 11.2
3.97 | 5.40
8.84 | 9.3
3.39 | 5.4

http://truthmattersblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/prayer-warrior.jpg

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 04:16 AM
I really really hope Ross is in the lineup tonight.

Station 13
10-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Eat the ****ing ball Salty and share leftover with your grade A manager.

Station 13
10-27-2013, 08:36 AM
I really really hope Ross is in the lineup tonight.

Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz, Nava, Bogaerts, Victorino, Drew, Ross

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Some tidbits from this article http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

ST. LOUIS Game 3 of the World Series was tied 4-4 in the top of the ninth inning on Saturday night and the Red Sox sent Brandon Workman to the plate.

This would be Brandon Workman, a rookie pitcher who has never had a professional at-bat. Predictably, he struck out.

The Red Sox had three position players Mike Napoli, David Ross and Quintin Berry on the bench. Berry is a pinch runner, granted. But, still, two hitters were available.

How could this have happened?

When Workman entered the game to start the eighth inning, Farrell batted him in the ninth spot, where the pitcher had been all game. He should have batted Workman seventh in place of Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who made the final out of the top of the eighth inning.

"In hindsight, I probably should have double switched," Farrell said.

Ross could have batted ninth. But even without the double switch, Napoli should have hit. He was saved for a moment that never came.

Farrell also allowed Workman to start the ninth inning (after a stressful eighth inning) and left Koji Uehara in the bullpen. When Workman allowed a single, Uehara came in then. If Workman was in such a short leash, why did he hit in the ninth?

"I felt we had four outs with Koji, four or five outs," Farrell said. "If the thought was to go to a two-inning outing for Koji we would have pinch hit for Workman the inning before."

Had Workman allowed a walk-off home run, the Red Sox would have lost without their best reliever getting in the game. That was a dangerous risk. As it was, Workman put the go-ahead run on base and took the loss.

On Friday, Farrell made a passionate defense of shortstop Stephen Drew, saying the Sox would live with his offensive failings in return for "premium defense."

Yet after Drew struck out twice, Will Middlebrooks pinch hit for him in the seventh inning. Then in the bottom of the inning, leadoff hitter Matt Carpenter reached on an infield single that Xander Bogaerts, now playing shortstop, circled and made a sidearm throw on.

If Drew's defense is truly that good, Farrell should stick with him. if not, play Bogaerts at shortstop from the start and be done with it. Farrell tried to play it both ways.

A few other notes:

It has been a rough two games for Jarrod Saltalamacchia defensively. David Ross is sure to catch Game 4 and perhaps beyond.
Drew was 0 for 2 and struck out twice. He is 4 for 46 (.087) in the postseason with 17 strikeouts. His value as a free agent is plummeting to a point where you have to wonder if the Red Sox would make him a qualifying offer.

Sheesh, seriously how dumb are you Farrell as an in-game manager?

I feel like the black guy in the "Hide 'yo Kids" video..."You is sooooo dumb."

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20131027-in-game-decisions-on-both-sides-could-have-changed-outcome.ece

Top of the Eighth, First and Third, Two Outs, Game Tied 4-4
The Decision: Farrell lets Jarrod Saltalamacchia bat for himself
The Alternative: Pinch-hitting Mike Napoli for Saltalamacchia
The Analysis: Saltalamacchia has been a strikeout machine of late, and Rosenthal generates them nearly as frequently on the hill. Napoli, on the other hand, is a fastball hitter who's been hot of late, and he would have given the Red Sox a better chance to take the lead right there.
The Result: Saltalamacchia grounded out.
The Final Verdict: In all honesty, I figured the Red Sox had to save Napoli to bat for the pitcher in the ninth. But Farrell could have used Napoli there, placed the pitcher seventh in the order and brought David Ross in to catch batting ninth. The downside here is that Ortiz would have been stuck playing first the remainder of the night, unless Quintin Berry came in the game in left field.

Bottom of the Eighth, Nobody On, Nobody Out, Game Tied 4-4
The Decision: Farrell brings Brandon Workman into the game, straight up.
The Alternative: Double-switching Workman into the game and replacing Saltalamacchia with Ross behind the plate. Saltalamacchia had made the last out in the top half of the inning.
The Analysis: Same idea as above, saving Napoli. If Farrell wanted Workman to go more than an inning, he needed to double-switch.
The Result: Workman worked a clean eighth, but he stayed in to bat for the first time in his professional career -- on any level -- in the top of the ninth, predictably striking out. He recorded one out in the ninth before allowing a single to Yadier Molina and being replaced by Koji Uehara.
The Final Verdict: From Farrell himself: "In hindsight, probably should have double-switched after Salty made the final out the previous inning, with Workman coming in the game. I felt like if we get into an extended situation, which that game was looking like it was going to... we needed more than one inning out of Workman."

Top of the Ninth, Runner on First, One Out, Game Tied 4-4
The Decision: Farrell replaces Workman with Uehara
The Alternative, Part One: Sticking with Workman
The Alternative, Part Two: Using Uehara from the start of the inning (and pinch-hitting for Workman the inning prior)
The Analysis: Farrell felt he needed more than three outs from Workman, but he wisely had Uehara ready in case the rookie ran into any trouble. When he allowed one single to Molina, he made the move. On the plus side, he didn't compound his mistake of hitting Workman by stubbornly sticking with him in the ninth. On the minus side, he may have waited too long for Uehara.
The Result: Uehara gave up the double to Craig, and the ground ball that indirectly led to the winning run.
The Final Verdict: Farrell said he could only have gotten four or five outs from Uehara, which is why he didn't go with him at the start of the inning. But against the 4-5-6 of the St. Louis order -- Craig was obviously going to pinch-hit -- it's best to use your best pitcher there. Get what you can out of Uehara against the better part of the Cardinals lineup, even if it means cutting Workman's outing short. And this doesn't even mention that leaving Workman in meant sending him to the plate.

Bottom of the Ninth, Second and Third, One Out, Game Tied 4-4
The Decision: Uehara pitches to Jon Jay
The Alternative: Intentionally walking Jay to face Pete Kozma
The Analysis: Loading the bases is probably the more common path here, since it allows for an easier force play at home as well as sets up the double play. The concern is typically leaving the pitcher without any wiggle room in case of a walk. That is not a concern with Uehara.
The Result: Jay hit the ball on the ground to Pedroia, who threw home for the out. Then other stuff ensued.
The Final Verdict: While walking Jay and facing Kozma, who strikes out or pops up more than 36 percent of the time this season, makes intuitive sense, the Red Sox got the result they needed with an out at home. They just got greedy trying for two.

And this is why I have major issues with Farrell as manager.

BoSox47
10-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Farrell has been mismanaging the entire season, i know the players have his back because hes a players manager but lets be real here when it comes to actually managing a game he sucks. Should have see nthe signs from when he was in tornto. Nothing more then a pitching coach, great pitching coach but doesnt belong as a game manager.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 11:31 AM
What can you do about Drew when the other realistic option is just as bad? When Will doesn't strikeout he makes an out on 1 pitch, and he sucks at defense.

Salty....I hate the guy so much it's unreal. Ruined what would have been one of the greatest plays in baseball history. Will too, he can't just take his foot off the bag and catch the ball.

Only thing we can do about Drew is play Napoli at 3b, which is a huge risk our manager will never make. Playing Napoli at 3b might be a great move to get Clay through the game. They might bunt and test him, Clay will need all the outs he can get.

Winning this series will feel like we won 5 or 6 games given how we killed ourselves the last two.

BoSox47
10-27-2013, 11:53 AM
last post was without stats to back it up heres some stats

Middlebrooks: GP: 10 AB: 25 Hits: 4 2b: 2 3B:0 HR: 0 RBI: 1 BB: 3 OBP: 250

Drew: GP:13 AB: 44 Hits: 4 2b: 0 3b: 1 HR: 0 RBI: 2 BB: 1 OBP: 111 AVG: 091

to top it off Drews triple and both RBI came in the tampa bay series in the games we won 12-2 and 7-4 basically games where we had already won. same with middlebrooks rbi though

at least middlebrooks is getting the occasional walk both are striking out at a similar rate.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Both suck and are complete wrecks at the plate. Drew is playing well on defense, while Will kills us no matter where he plays. That throw last night was easily catchable, but he kept his foot on the bag like an idiot. When you are downgrading defense at 3b and SS it is not worth putting someone who can't hit in the lineup. I wanted to roll the dice with him too, until he reminded me why he is a terrible player, with his 1 pitch out, strikeout, and terrible defensive play.

You want Drew gone for a significant upgrade in offense? You have your manager say "Napoli can't be any worse than Miguel Cabrera, he will make the plays he can get to". Maybe we can get some free bunt outs for it too.

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Drew picked the worst time to start to slump. His free agency status took a major hit. That strike out last night where the curveball was 10-16 inches off the plate was absolutely pathetic.

Right now Farrell needs to roll the dice.

Napoli needs to be in the lineup somehow. Farrell's debacle last night, not allowing Napoli to get an at bat in the game somehow was extremely stupid.

I wouldn't mind trying Napoli at third, can't be that much worse than WMB defensively and he brings something to the plate, something which WMB does not.

I wouldn't mind rolling with:

Ellsbury
Pedroia
Ortiz
Napoli
Nava
Bogaerts
Victorino
Ross
Pitcher

I like Ortiz batting in the third spot because it guarantees that he'll hit in the first inning with Ellsbury and Pedroia doing a somewhat decent job of getting on base - Papi has been locked in.

Victorino, outside of his grand slam and the HBP, has done pretty much nothing, I think it's time that he be moved down in the batting order.

Napoli gives Ortiz some sort of protection. Napoli was turning it on in the latter part of the ALCS and it's beyond me why Farrell didn't give him an at bat last night. **** you Farrell.

For playing so sparingly, Nava did a good job and had some good at bats, but as Lavs has mentioned - he can't grow much of beard and Gomes has intangibles.

Bogaerts has played with so much poise considering he's 21. I like him in the 6th spot.

Victorino needs to be in the bottom part of the lineup considering how he has struggled. I like having some speed in the bottom part of the order as well.

Ross hasn't been terrible offensively and his AB's are a whole lot better than Salty's. Also, Ross needs to be in the game for his defense, pretty sure that he's also a smarter baseball player.

Defensively, the Red Sox lose a little bit by playing Xander at SS, but you need runs in order to win and Drew has been a massive black hole in the lineup. All he does is K, it's pathetic.

Napoli hasn't played 3rd base, but his bat needs to be in the lineup. Unfortunately, Farrell will never do anything that ballsy and is so stuck in his ways, it's costing the Red Sox games, but hey, he's loyal.

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Looks like CSNE is stating that the Red Sox will shift to a Salty-free lineup. Thank God.

Also, Farrell is taking a little bit of heat from the Boston media. About time.

MLB ✔ @MLB

"When I pushed myself up, he was on my back pushing off me." - Will Middlebrooks

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Sadly I think it's too late. Salty was a main factor in losing us two WS games. That's hard to recover from

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Salty should never play a game for the Red Sox ever game. He potentially cost us the series with two bone head throws at third base. Good bye salty. Most of us don't want you in Boston anymore.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Dan Roche ‏@RochieWBZ 36m
Watched Napoli at 3b during BP: confident, accurate arm, struggled going to right/backhand, athletic, quick catcher hands - risky

Nomar
10-27-2013, 01:35 PM
I've always hated salty so im not even surprised. And id rather have Bogaerts at 3rd than Napoli.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 01:44 PM
You would put X at ss. Very risky.

No one should be surprised. If you were told before the playoffs that Salty would kill us you would say, "sounds about right.

That sequence perfectly symbolized 3 players. Pedroia making the insane play. Salty making the idiotic throw. Will whiffing on the catch.

Nomar
10-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Agreed and obviously what a ********.

Nomar
10-27-2013, 01:52 PM
I wish Napoli knew the staff and could catch in STL.

Station 13
10-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Eat the ****ing ball Satly, from the bench.

Super.
10-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Can't wait to NOT have Drew and Salty on this team next year

Station 13
10-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Can't wait to NOT have Drew and Salty on this team next year

When you fail that miserably you can't come back. ;)

Super.
10-27-2013, 02:25 PM
When you fail that miserably you can't come back. ;)

So awful. Middlebrooks too

Honestly I would have been happy with a Bogarts at 3rd, Jose at SS left side for the next 7 years

Station 13
10-27-2013, 02:41 PM
So awful. Middlebrooks too

Honestly I would have been happy with a Bogarts at 3rd, Jose at SS left side for the next 7 years

Drew for a few years is quite nauseating to think about at this time. I don't think he is returning.

Petertherock
10-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Looks like CSNE is stating that the Red Sox will shift to a Salty-free lineup. Thank God.

Also, Farrell is taking a little bit of heat from the Boston media. About time.

MLB ✔ @MLB

"When I pushed myself up, he was on my back pushing off me." - Will Middlebrooks

That's what I saw too...He was playing grab *** with Middlebrooks. Unbelievable call!

Super.
10-27-2013, 03:32 PM
It was literally a textbook obstruction call.

Blame it on Salty, not Joyce.

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 03:36 PM
It was literally a textbook obstruction call.

Blame it on Salty, not Joyce.

Oh believe me, I blame Salty for all of it. I was just posting a tweet.

Here's another tweet via Peter Gammons:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXm1Jv6CUAAv7dh.jpg:large

I know it's posting an image, but the picture was the whole point of the tweet.

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Alex Speier @alexspeier

Lovullo calls Napoli at 3B 'an emergency situation,' a potential one-inning matchup followed by double-switch with Ortiz.

Alex Speier @alexspeier

Lovullo: 'we anticipate Clay giving us 100 pitches and seven innings'

Few more tidbits from the Twitter-sphere.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 03:48 PM
The pictures misleading. The video shows him quickly looking both ways.

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 04:00 PM
The pictures misleading. The video shows him quickly looking both ways.

I agree that the picture could be misleading, was just posting tweets...it's not as if Joyce was standing like that for 10 seconds while the whole play was going on. Still not a fun way to lose a game.

But hey Lavs, Lovullo says Clay is good for 100 pitches and 7 innings...way more than the one you're predicting :p

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm sure privately he's praying for 5 innings.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Olney's saying that Ross, Xander and Nava are all in tonight.

Station 13
10-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Olney's saying that Ross, Xander and Nava are all in tonight.

Farrell running out get me out jail cards.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Farrell always making the changes after it's abundantly obvious.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 04:56 PM
I really really hope that Napoli plays 3B. Drew is an automatic out in the lineup and this series will likely be lost if Boston loses tonight. Need his bat in the lineup more than Drew's glove at SS. X can play the position well enough.

MiamiBoy77
10-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I really really hope that Napoli plays 3B. Drew is an automatic out in the lineup and this series will likely be lost if Boston loses tonight. Need his bat in the lineup more than Drew's glove at SS. X can play the position well enough.

Nap at 3rd??

djak
10-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Xander Bogaerts 3B
Stephen Drew SS
David Ross C

good

todu82
10-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Let's not let last night's game bring us down. We're a better team than this, let's go out and get the win tonight. I think we win 5 to 3.

goshhhjosh
10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Xander Bogaerts 3B
Stephen Drew SS
David Ross C

good

Cancels out the good.

As Lavs mentioned, Farrell finally making the changes that most have been clamoring for.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 06:27 PM
I've given up any hope Drew will get a single good hit. Hopefully he catches some of the lasers Clay will give up.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 6s
Victorino out, Gomes in. Nava in RF, Gomes in LF. Not sure of reason with Victorino. #RedSox

OK. Sucks to lose the defense, but Shane hasn't done **** other than that miracle grand slam.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
@Ken_Rosenthal 12s
Victorino lower back tightness. Nava batting second, Gomes fifth for #RedSox.

Gomes batting behind Ortiz :suicide:

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 06:47 PM
@bradfo 1m
Gomes marches into clubhouse yelling: 'Now we go! Now we go!

OK, We are winning, Gomes WS MVP

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2013, 06:48 PM
@Ken_Rosenthal 12s
Victorino lower back tightness. Nava batting second, Gomes fifth for #RedSox.

Gomes batting behind Ortiz :suicide:

@bradfo 1m
Gomes marches into clubhouse yelling: 'Now we go! Now we go!

OK, We are winning, Gomes WS MVP

:laugh2:

There's always that small possibility that he hits a GS if Papi gets IBB with runners at 2nd and 3rd.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 06:53 PM
If we win he or X will be MVP. Ortiz is not going to get a pitch to hit. Better lineup would be just to move everyone up a spot and bat Gomes 6th. But...Farrell!

Lackeyfan41
10-27-2013, 07:13 PM
I think we should be ok tonight.

We are facing Lynn and don't have any easy outs other than Drew, Buch should only get 1 AB at most. But Workman will probably get 2 or 3 AB since Farrell seems so confident in him with the bat.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 07:30 PM
So Shane has a bad back. I don't like Gomes hitting behind Papi. Gonna be walked all night.

Station 13
10-27-2013, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't mind Drew (.091 .111 .136) sitting at this point. Middlebrooks would killed a ball anytime.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Nice ab Jake

Pittz
10-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Words are hard McCarver, I feel you.

Station 13
10-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Pedroia look awful there. Totally unprepared.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Well we will know if we have any chance at winning this game after Clay's first pitch

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Changeup first pitch?

-Lavigne43-
88? It's over.

-Lavigne43-
He looks like Jamie Moyer

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Maybe the complete lack of velocity will get the Cards off balance

Pittz
Gonna need a lot of offense tonight, or some insane luck from the baseball gods.

-Lavigne43-
86 mph fastball....by Beltran

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh dear. I was expecting velocity drop but not high 80s

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Why did they not start Doubront? Holy **** he has nothing. Going to have to Freddy Garcia it

Pittz
10-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Can we get a legendary bloody sleeve game?

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Don't know how we got out of that. Hopefully the Cards are offbalance because they are not used to such slow velocity. He needs to have the tightest leash in the world.

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Even Dumpster is a better choice, maybe Clay once through the lineup and then take him out because this is ridiculous velocity drop

Soxfan85
10-27-2013, 08:35 PM
@JeffPassan 24s
Clay Buchholz's average fastball velocity during regular season: 91.9 mph. His first-inning velo: 88.3 mph

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Infield hit Papi, lol

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Intangibles!

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Gritty DP

Soxfan85
10-27-2013, 08:39 PM
FU Gomes in 3.2.1.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:39 PM
a Ells-Pedey-Papi-Nava-X-Gomes-Ross-Drew lineup was too obvious

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Lynn is going to reverse jinx us. I think we are completely ****ed.

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Let's just pray the line drives hit off of Clay go right at the defenders

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Get Dempster in. Here comes the pain now that they know he's throwing bp

Vincent33
Farrell should've taken Buchholz out after seeing that warm up pitch. Holy ****.

redsox0717
I agree, Dempster should be in right now

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:46 PM
He's not even warming. We are ****ed. Farrell always late

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
He reached back and hit 90 for the first time tonight

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Impossible to even know what he's throwing since everything is in the mid 80's

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Farrell is insane. How can you not have Dempster up yet

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Every pitch Buchholz makes is one pitch closer to getting STL on the board. Need to take him out or pray that someone grounds into a DP

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
If Clay can get through this unscathed that should be it for him

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Thank you Freese

StryderSox
10-27-2013, 08:50 PM
If we get out of this it will be a miracle

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm stunned that we even started him.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 08:53 PM
My goodness, Farrell just playing with fire keeping Clay in for that inning. Lucky to get out of it. That better be it for him, gritty start but he doesn't have a damn thing left.

-Lavigne43-
If we get out of this it will be a miracle

Do you believe in miracles!? Yes!!!

redsox0717
He got out of it, wow

Station 13
10-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Runs, now.

Pittz
10-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Does he ph for Buchholz?

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:56 PM
I can't believe it's scoreless

redsox0717
Runs, now.

Drew, Ross, pitcher

Not happening

-Lavigne43-
I can't believe how bad Drew is.

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 08:57 PM
here comes another automatic 1,2,3 inning

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Is Napoli that much a question mark to play 3rd to keep Drew in the lineup just for his glove? I guess so cuz here we are

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 08:59 PM
???

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Clay is going to hit a homer and throw a shutout, and be remembered forever.......Just kidding he will K and get lit up next inning

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 09:00 PM
I guess this team is not that pissed bc they are making Lynn look like Verlander!!
looks like the dream season is over boys

Vincent33
Clay batting, makes sense I guess. Two out, why waste a PH now is what Farrell is thinking?

Pittz
The only thing that'll be worse than watching Buchholz pitch is watching him hit. How do you let him swing?

Pittz
10-27-2013, 09:01 PM
I guess this team is not that pissed bc they are making Lynn look like Verlander!!
looks like the dream season is over boys

Where's the urgency :pity:

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Buchholz can't be coming back out to pitch right?!?

Farrell I mean...c'mon man...I don't understand

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Clay will pitch until we are losing, I guarantee that.

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Farrell will wait to replace him until it's around 3-0. He is the master at waiting too long

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:04 PM
I even fear the pitcher with Clay pitching

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Alright then **** it I guess give Clay 120 pitch count

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:05 PM
2nd time facing the order is going to slaughter him

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Can't even throw strikes to the pitcher.

-Lavigne43-
Struggling to get the pitcher out. Come on Farrell

tc2deuce
here comes a 3 run lead for this lucky a## Cardinal team

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:08 PM
What the **** Jacoby.

tc2deuce
Farrell WTF are you doing!?!?!?!?!?!

Vincent33
Yeah this is awesome

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Clay needs all the help he can get, at least ****ing field the ball clean

-Lavigne43-
How is no one warming! It's inconceivable. This is worse than anything yesterday

MagnumForce
wow the dagger should arrive soon enough

Vincent33
BP ready to go yeah?

-Lavigne43-
3 more runs before Farrell does anything

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Wow lucky that Holliday only popped out

-Lavigne43-
Thanks Holliday.

redsox0717
Kind of irritates me to see Papi laughing it up at first.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Kind of irritates me to see Papi laughing it up at first.

Yeah. He's laughing while I'm witnessing a nightmare

EEasyA
Did Ellsbury make an error ? .I missed it. This game is so depressing to watch in its. entirety I just saw the replay. How did you miss that Ells.

tc2deuce
2 run shot here it comes

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:13 PM
:phew: Okay now lets try that again. Gritty start by Clay but he doesn't have a ****ing think left. Time for Dempster/Lackey to keep STL at 1 run

Make the move Manager John

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:13 PM
We stole 9 outs. Warm up Dempster

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 09:14 PM
We stole 9 outs. Warm up Dempster

He looks like he is hurt.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Watch Boston do something silly like take the lead this inning and Farrell leaves Clay in there "just to see what he can do with the lead"

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 09:17 PM
make up for that error ells

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 09:17 PM
hit the f%^ing ball

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 09:18 PM
wow the sox have 142 Ks in the postseason

tc2deuce
nice hit Ells..

bosox1899
this offense blows...apparently if the fastball is past 95 mph, they don't stand a chance

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:20 PM
This is depressing.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:21 PM
We are **** today.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Perfect through ****ing 4.

EEasyA
How do you expect to win a championship if you are struggling to score a single run. We are not winning this series if something doesn't change fast. Furthermore, I hate the No Dh rule in the NL. It is a big disadvantage to an American League team.

redsox0717
We suck

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:24 PM
I think the series is over tomorrow. Showing nothing to offer any hope.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm gonna just turn my brain off and just gaze at this game. Can't keep questioning Farrell's decisions and Boston's pitiful offense anymore.

Just turn everything off upstairs and watch what happens.

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Watch Boston do something silly like take the lead this inning and Farrell leaves Clay in there "just to see what he can do with the lead"

Well said. Farrell would definitely do that. He likes to test his luck.

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Colbrunn has to go in the offseason. Sox need a new hitting coach

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
A gift from Yadier! Thanks man

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Good idea here by Buchholz. Pitch around Jay and get a possible inning ending DP. Perfect!

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 09:28 PM
A walk. What a shocker.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:30 PM
A gift from Joyce. Thanks for the force out call!

Vincent33
Nah Pedey had it. Ump was right.

-Lavigne43-
It's like Drew turned into Iglesias this postseason.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Ross? You're supposed to be the smart one! WTF are you throwing that for?

bosox1899
10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
well at least ross made an accurate throw

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
This has been like Bizarro Boston this series with all these mental mistakes and **** ups

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Ross? You're supposed to be the smart one! WTF are you throwing that for?

Desperation for outs with Clay pitching. Oh my, we are walking Delcaso, he's the same as a pitcher

bosox1899
10-27-2013, 09:33 PM
farrell actually making a somewhat smart decision?!? I think someone must have told him to do that

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Wow that outfield positioning

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Wow that was close.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:36 PM
At least Ortiz is hitting with no one on. Means he might get pitched to.

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 09:37 PM
cmon sox HIT THE ****ing ball!!!!

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 09:38 PM

please

Vincent33
Somehow Papi gonna hit a 4run HR as the lead off man

-Lavigne43-

Only 2 chances. Ortiz and X. Everyone else is an out

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 09:39 PM
that is a shallow porch over there.......Papi's territory

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 09:39 PM
No matter what happens the rest of the game, I am going to give props to Clay for holding the Cards to 0 ER in 4 innings with that velocity

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:40 PM
All up to X.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Let's ****ing do this **** Papi.

Vincent33
I love Ortiz. Trying to rally his team. Feel bad for him.

EEasyA
Why the hell is Gomes batting behind Ortiz. It should be Bogaerts.

-Lavigne43-
Lets go Red Sox chant?

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Why the hell is Gomes batting behind Ortiz. It should be Bogaerts.

Intangibles of course

EEasyA
Only 2 chances. Ortiz and X. Everyone else is an out

Correct.

-Lavigne43-
Gomes is such garbage.

Vincent33
Wow, just missed

Lackeyfan41
10-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Correct.

Ells is alright

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:42 PM
In-****ing-tangibles

Lackeyfan41
10-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Gomes is such garbage.

Yep

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Please walk him

Vincent33
Good AB by Gomes at least

MagnumForce
keep driving up the count

Lackeyfan41
10-27-2013, 09:45 PM
At least he put up a long at bat

Vincent33
Great AB by Gomes to get the walk. Intangibles are high with Gomes

-Lavigne43-
Ok. All up to you X.

redsox0717
Damn that was a good AB

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Doubront's warming up.

tc2deuce
Matheny looks like a prick

Vincent33
X gonna do something big

Lackeyfan41
10-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Bogs should crush one

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Matheny looks like a prick

:laugh2: Yeah, probably an *** hole for sure.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Doubront warming up!!!! Felix!!!

MagnumForce
3 run Hr for
X

-Lavigne43-
If he walks we are ****ed!

Vincent33
**** yeah X. Awesome

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:48 PM
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worst walk ever :(

Vincent33
X gonna win the MVP next year

B'sCeltsPatsSox
I'm scared.

tc2deuce
look Jon Kruk is STL pitching coach

-Lavigne43-
Drew will somehow make contact....to hit into a triple play

Vincent33
Drew gonna pull a JD and hit the most unlikely GS ever!

EEasyA
How did bogaerts lay off the last two pitches. Kid is amazing.

Lackeyfan41
They always talk about maness being some double play specialist but he ****ing sucks

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Drew grand slam would be the most impossible event in history

redsox0717
Drew now is your ****ing chance to redeem yourself

Vincent33

:laugh: Poor Steve

Hey an RBI! Holy ****!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
:phew:

EEasyA

Lmao.

-Lavigne43-
He made contact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tc2deuce
Papi = HEART

MagnumForce
Drew sacfly!!

redsox0717
Let's be honest, we all thought Ortiz was going to get gunned down there

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Obstruction by Papi hahahaha

-Lavigne43-
Gomes should have advanced

tc2deuce
execute boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Ross take one for the team :(

Vincent33
Clay finally done. Really proud of how he handled the start. Not his fault Farrell kept him in there 4innings too long.

bosox1899
well it's good it's a tie but bases loaded no outs, we should score at least 2 here but we won't

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Gomes should have advanced

Intangibles though...

-Lavigne43-
Ross take one for the team :(

Don't want to get hit there lol

redsox0717
Don't want to get hit there lol

Good point

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 09:54 PM
lynn has to be done after this inning

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Mike "PH Intangibles" Carp on deck!

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Nice AB Ross. Salty would have struck out by now.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 09:56 PM
At least it was a K and not a DP. I'll take that Ross! Way to make Lynn pitch more pitches

bosox1899
i'm so sick of watching these losers strike out every time

Vincent33
Too many intangibles for Carp to be able to handle more than one pitch

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Carp wasted all his PH hits in the regular season

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Shut the hell up Lynn.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Well, we can win this game. More of a chance than we had before the game. 5 innings from our pen is scary

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
doubie to save the day

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 10:02 PM
I'll take that call

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Gomes is a ****ing circus in the OF

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
It takes a special kind of grit to get a jump on a ball that bad and still make the play

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Doubront looking good

-Lavigne43-
Doubront looks great. Top of the lineup, knock this guy out

Station 13
Ross>Salty

redsox0717
10-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Ross>Salty

Yep. If Salty started this game I am convinced Clay would give up at least 3 runs. Ross is a miracle worker.

EEasyA
10-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Ross>Salty

It's not even debatable. Salty stinks.

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 10:08 PM
They couldn't do this SU2C stuff before the game?

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Great great inning from Doubront. Outstanding stuff.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2013, 10:10 PM
They couldn't do this SU2C stuff before the game?

Ya kinda weird to do it in the middle of the game.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Hey Lynn is back out there! That's aiite.

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Come on ells send lynn packing

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Holiday would be awesome in a Red Sox uniform...BTW

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Get it started Ells

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 10:13 PM
With how bad Boston's offense has been its amazing that these last three games have been so close.

Vincent33
10-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Papi lit a fire under Pedey. Give Papi a chance to hit with someone on base finally

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 10:16 PM
We need you papi

EEasyA
Ortiz showing leadership. I like that.

bosox1899
ortiz is literally the only player on this team doing anything offensively

MagnumForce
10-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Papi is getting walked

bosox1899
10-27-2013, 10:17 PM
god i hope gomes actually does something to make them pay for being pansies

-Lavigne43-
10-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Please Gomes, let it get to X

redsox0717
Completely pitching around him and it's no surprise with Gomes being his protection.

Vincent33
Intangibles causing that prick *** hole Matheny to make the call to the BP

tc2deuce
10-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Matheny the prick comes out