PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic (08-09) vs Miami Heat (11-12/12-13)

kobe4thewinbang
10-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Who do you think would win in a hypothetical Eastern Conference Finals?

The Magic went to the NBA Finals that year, losing to the Lakers, but they did defeat LeBron's Cavaliers before he ventured to South Beach. So how would Dwight Howard's crew do against either Miami Heat championship roster? Here are the rosters.

ORLANDO MAGIC

Rafer Alston (PG)
Tony Battie (PF)
Keith Bogans (SG)
Brian Cook (PF)
Adonal Foyle (C)
Marcin Gortat (PF)
Dwight Howard (C)
Anthony Johnson (PG)
Courtney Lee (SG)
Rashard Lewis (PF)
Tyronn Lue (PG)
Jameer Nelson (PG)
Mickael Pietrus (SG)
J.J. Redick (SG)
Jeremy Richardson (SF)
Hedo Turkoglu (SF)

MIAMI HEAT

11-12

Joel Anthony (C)
Shane Battier (SF)
Chris Bosh (PF)
Mario Chalmers (PG)
Norris Cole (PG)
Eddy Curry (C)
Mickell Gladness (PF)
Terrel Harris (SG)
Udonis Haslem (PF)
Juwan Howard (PF)
LeBron James (SF)
James Jones (SG)
Mike Miller (SG)
Dexter Pittman (C)
Ronny Turiaf (C)
Dwyane Wade (SG)

12-13

Ray Allen (SG)
Chris Andersen (C)
Joel Anthony (C)
Shane Battier (SF)
Chris Bosh (C)
Mario Chalmers (PG)
Norris Cole (PG)
Josh Harrellson (C)
Terrel Harris (SG)
Udonis Haslem (PF)
Juwan Howard (PF)
LeBron James (PF)
James Jones (SF)
Rashard Lewis (PF)
Mike Miller (SF)
Dexter Pittman (C)
Jarvis Varnado (PF)
Dwyane Wade (SG)

todu82
10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
The Heat easily.

jstone0716
10-28-2013, 04:04 PM
4-0 Heat win easily

LordJohn
10-30-2013, 10:42 PM
I think that Laker team was at least as good as the first Heat championship team (a hypothetical match-up between the two Laker championship teams and the two Heat teams might be a more interesting thread), so there's no reason to act like it would be a sweep with them sleepwalking. I'd say Heat in 6. Two of the Lakers' wins were in overtime that series, so it very easily could have been closer. I'm biased here of course.

rjkgr
10-31-2013, 06:39 PM
heat easily

kobe4thewinbang
11-01-2013, 05:33 AM
I think that Laker team was at least as good as the first Heat championship team (a hypothetical match-up between the two Laker championship teams and the two Heat teams might be a more interesting thread), so there's no reason to act like it would be a sweep with them sleepwalking. I'd say Heat in 6. Two of the Lakers' wins were in overtime that series, so it very easily could have been closer. I'm biased here of course.Thanks for not just saying "Heat win" like everybody else. Who do you think would win if it were that Lakers team against the first Miami one?

LordJohn
11-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks for not just saying "Heat win" like everybody else. Who do you think would win if it were that Lakers team against the first Miami one?

I guess I'd take the Lakers in 7 if we're talking about 09 Lakers vs 12 Heat. It could go either way. The 2013 Heat title team was better (thanks to the addition of Ray Allen and Lebron reaching what might be his absolute peak) than the first one and would've beaten either of the Laker teams in 6 or so, and easily dispatched that Magic team.