PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Olynyk ranked as #1 steal in the draft

Super.
10-24-2013, 11:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4707568/gm-poll-olynyk-biggest-steal-in-draft

Olynyk, drafted 13th by Boston, earned 27.6 percent of the vote, edging both Sacramento's Ben McLemore (7th) and Philadelphia's Nerlens Noel (6th) who each got 13.8 percent. Olynyk also ranked fifth on a question asking which rookie will be the best player in five years.

Thoughts, Opinions, Criticisms? Mike James?

xxplayerxx23
10-24-2013, 11:07 AM
I mean it's just preseason but he looks good. Good range, seems to get to the rim
In the 3 games I watched him in. I could see him being the best player in the draft class

jstone0716
10-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Reminds me a lot of Dirks game.. and of course has the long haired skinny white giant thing going on. Definitely has a sweet offensive game between his range, soft touch, ball handling and ability to get to the rim. I think Oladipo will turn out to be the best of the class but Olynyk would be the biggest steal for sure.

Deception
10-24-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm surprised Tony Mitchell wasn't even mentioned as a steal, he had a bad sophomore season but last year if he declared some had him as a lottery pick

ManRam
10-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I mean, based on summer league and pre-season, then sure...it makes total sense.

However, only time will tell..like always. I wouldn't be working on my Hall of Fame speech quite yet if I'm him.

MrfadeawayJB
10-24-2013, 12:23 PM
I knew he would be good, prob better then all the c's in the draft. I don't know if it's a steal, but he was overlooked

RipCity32
10-24-2013, 12:58 PM
How's his defense look?

HowBoutDemBulls
10-24-2013, 01:14 PM
dis white boi pretty good

dtmagnet
10-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Making Canada proud.

Tony_Starks
10-24-2013, 04:40 PM
His game is very nice, well rounded. The hair kinda makes him look like a gay pirate though.....

xabial
10-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Rudy Gobert is going to be the biggest steal.

He's going to be a monster. He's 7'1 with a 7'9 wingspan (NBA Record)

You heard it here first.

He doesn't even have to develop a decent offense. (a la Tyson Chandler)

Last preseason game he had five blocked shots, with 12 boards, one steal and four points. I was so pissed the Knicks didn't draft him to be their backup C, and instead drafted ****ing Tim Hardaway Jr. when they already have JR as 6th man, and Shump as SG... :pity:

ACanadian
10-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Rudy Gobert is going to be the biggest steal.

He's going to be a monster. He's 7'1 with a 7'9 wingspan (NBA Record)

You heard it here first.

He doesn't even have to develop a decent offense. (a la Tyson Chandler)

Last preseason game he had five blocked shots, with 12 boards, one steal and four points. I was so pissed the Knicks didn't draft him to be their backup C, and instead drafted ****ing Tim Hardaway Jr. when they already have JR as 6th man, and Shump as SG... :pity:

And the last time we'll ever hear it again.

TheMightyHumph
10-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Still preseason. No steals of the draft of the draft yet.

When the pros get serious in realtime, we'll find out who stole who.

Super.
10-24-2013, 06:22 PM
How's his defense look?

not awful, but not great, better than the reports said though

The_Jamal
10-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Kind of a pointless poll. Could see this being relevant once we get some regular season game-time for these rooks

GunFactor187
10-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Steven Adams. Guy is gonna be beast!

N3TS
10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
He looks good, but it's way too early to tell. Although it's exciting as he will be a welcomed addition to Canada Basketball.

John Walls Era
10-25-2013, 12:21 AM
And the last time we'll ever hear it again.

:laugh:

John Walls Era
10-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Woooh!

Canada basketball might make it past the group stage of the qualifiers for the world cup

John Walls Era
10-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Are the GMs trolling?

Which active player will make the best head coach someday?

1. Chauncey Billups, Detroit -- 32.1%

2. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 17.9%

3. Shane Battier, Miami -- 14.3%

4. Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers -- 7.1%

Also receiving votes: Steve Blake, L.A. Lakers; Mike Dunleavy, Chicago; DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers; Mike Miller, Memphis; Jason Terry, Brooklyn; Earl Watson, Utah

TorontoHuskies
10-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Woooh!

Canada basketball might make it past the group stage of the qualifiers for the world cup

we have to get selected as a wildcard just to get there....Too bad Olynyk and Bennett were missing this summer I think we would have made it for sure.

TorontoHuskies
10-25-2013, 12:35 AM
He looks good, but it's way too early to tell. Although it's exciting as he will be a welcomed addition to Canada Basketball.

not really an addition he's played for us in the past (just injured this summer).

Raps18-19 Champ
10-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Tommy boy said Olynyk is more talented coming in than Dirk when he came in. So yea, I agree with the poll.

Tmath
10-25-2013, 01:31 AM
Tommy boy said Olynyk is more talented coming in than Dirk when he came in. So yea, I agree with the poll.

Tommy is the biggest homer, his opinion isn't really worth anything.

king4day
10-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Archie Goodwin of Phoenix might be in the mix come seasons end. He didn't play a whole lot of preseason but given where he was drafted, I could see him in the mix.

So far Olynyk and Adams have to be up there for sure though.

monty77
10-25-2013, 10:56 AM
I saw him playing last week and I like very much the way he moved on the court. He is very coordinate player taking into account this height and weight. No wonder if he makes plus 10 points and 7 rebounds in his first season as rookie.

If he reaches this, Celtics must be happy because they need that young players step forward next year in order to avoid a long reconstruction. Itís clear that will be easier produce a good stats in a team like Boston Celtics next year, without any star in the roster, but Rondo, who doesnít score too many points.

The other thing about Olynyk which get my attention was that he is able to read the game very well. He remind me to Brook Lopez in this first year as Rookie, when anybody knows him and unwind on the floor naturally. Both of them understand the game perfectly and are able to learn even more about it quickly.

I like this kind of player, such as Noah and Gasol, able to assist and smarter and smarter each season. He could be a PG but for his height, because he is even able to bounce the ball without any problem.

However, Boston will need more muscle inside the picture because Sullinger and Faverani are not strong players, and I have some doubts that Bass and Humphries will play a lot of minutes this year and I also have some doubts that Jeff Green plays as PF.

AddiX
10-25-2013, 11:03 AM
I remember when everyone was on crack baby marshon Brooks nuts, talking crazy talk about him.

Yeah... It's to early for all that.

bucketss
10-25-2013, 11:10 AM
rooting for him, hows the bucks rookie doing? saw some impressive highlights of him.

Rockice_8
10-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Well he was still taken in the lottery so he'd have to be considered one of the top 5 players in the draft to be a real steal. I still think they'll be a 2nd round guy who make a good impact but I guess it's too early to see who that will be.

He looks like a role player at best though so really who cares.

hugepatsfan
10-25-2013, 12:55 PM
19/7/3 player in his prime (probably about 33 minutes per game), defense not good but not so awful you can;t deal with it either if you get a strong defensive C

IMO of course.

todu82
10-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah, he's going to be a good one for a long time to come. A definite cornerstone for Celtics teams of the future.