PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Greg Oden!

Gators123
10-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Its great to see him back. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs2siwz-dVo

beasted86
10-23-2013, 10:20 PM

Clippersfan86
10-23-2013, 10:22 PM
What's the big deal? I was a big Oden fan his first couple years but why is it surprising that a 7 footer can dunk the ball? Even with destroyed knees, doesn't surprise me. It was a no brainer for Miami to take a risk on him... but if the guy dropped a 15/10 game tonight or something, THEN it would be worthy of a welcome back thread. The guy barely played.

justinnum1
10-23-2013, 10:23 PM
favorites without oden lmao!

goingfor28
10-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Only a matter of time before he's hurt again

Gators123
10-23-2013, 10:26 PM
What's the big deal? I was a big Oden fan his first couple years but why is it surprising that a 7 footer can dunk the ball? Even with destroyed knees, doesn't surprise me. It was a no brainer for Miami to take a risk on him... but if the guy dropped a 15/10 game tonight or something, THEN it would be worthy of a welcome back thread. The guy barely played.

The guy hasn't played in 4 years lol. It was a cool moment.

D-Leethal
10-23-2013, 10:27 PM
I thought that was pretty cool. He's definitely one of the good guys out there. I honestly didn't even realize its been THAT long. 2009 is a ****ing long time ago.

Clippersfan86
10-23-2013, 10:27 PM
The guy hasn't played in 4 years lol

Don't get me wrong... I've made my share of trivial threads so knock yourself out. Just saying don't get excited about Oden yet :p.

shep33
10-23-2013, 10:28 PM
This is both great to see, yet depressing. This guy used to be an athletic marvel, throwing down ridiculous dunks. Looks like he's lost so much of that athleticism (which isn't surprising considering his knee issues).

But glad he's back playing

Ill21
10-23-2013, 10:35 PM
I hope he stays healthy, I always liked him. However I don't see him playing in more than 30 games

sunsfan88
10-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Wow, his last game played in since 2009 Holy s**t.

BranWingss
10-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Sadly, this is probably the most exciting thing we'll see him from him this season. He had so much potential, but injuries absolutely killed his career. I really wish him the best.

beasted86
10-23-2013, 10:40 PM
I hope he stays healthy, I always liked him. However I don't see him playing in more than 30 games

As long as he is healthy and able to play 10-15 minutes in the playoffs as a situational role player, I will be glad. He wasn't signed to be a regular rotation player. He was basically signed to be a way better Joel Anthony.

For reference, Joel Anthony played 62 games and 9 minutes per in the regular season, 14 out of 23 playoff games at 5 minutes per game. Oden will not play that many games, probably around 30 (assuming he doesn't get injured), and basically a similar playoff role.

beasted86
10-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Double post.

MrfadeawayJB
10-23-2013, 10:41 PM
That play was better than any play that Bynum had last season

Deception
10-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Watched his post game interview, he didn't seem very confident in his return, said his knees are swollen (4 minutes of game time). That just doesn't seem right

Ill21
10-23-2013, 10:44 PM
As long as he is healthy and able to play 10-15 minutes in the playoffs as a situational role player, I will be glad. He wasn't signed to be a regular rotation player. He was basically signed to be a way better Joel Anthony.

For reference, Joel Anthony played 62 games and 9 minutes per in the regular season, 14 out of 23 playoff games at 5 minutes per game. Oden will not play that many games, probably around 30 (assuming he doesn't get injured), and basically a similar playoff role.

I think they should play him no more than 10 a game and never play in back to back games. See how he handles that and then maybe a minutes increase in the playoffs

Kashmir13579
10-23-2013, 10:46 PM
I wish him well, but not that well.

Chronz
10-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Oden is a beast man, that was a positive sign right there. If he can do that consistently, he will give Miami something they havent had since Shaq/Zo. A dominant finisher.

therealwd27
10-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Lol at Clippersfan..the guy has battled alcoholism, depression and hasn't played since 09 not everyone is a douche some people generally are happy to see people overcome obstacles. Grow up

Chill_Will_24
10-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Whether ppl admit it or not a healthy Oden is a scary thing. People keep dismissing him as oh he will get hurt again eventually but its really just fear because everyone knows that the heat had ONE vulnerability and a healthy Oden not onl solves that but makes it a strength because there is a reason he was drafted ahead of Durant

Tony_Starks
10-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Happy to see him back on the floor. I think they'll basically treat the season as one big training camp and get him ready to contribute in the playoffs.

Kuya_Clive
10-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Good for him. He's still got a ways to go but he just needs to be ready for the playoffs.

Clippersfan86
10-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Lol at Clippersfan..the guy has battled alcoholism, depression and hasn't played since 09 not everyone is a douche some people generally are happy to see people overcome obstacles. Grow up

Wth? I'm not even blasting the guy LMAO, calm down. I'm merely saying he played 4 minutes and had a dunk as a 7 footer, not a big story. Lots of NBA players have overcome devastating injuries and played more than 4 minutes. This isn't some all time great or something... it's a young guy who never got healthy and was out of the league and played 4 minutes, complaining of knee swelling immediately after the game.

Kia Kaha
10-23-2013, 11:46 PM
This was an awesome moment. I think as a basketball fan this has to be a great moment to see.
Let's hope he stays healthy! ((:

Clippersfan86
10-23-2013, 11:54 PM
The awesome moment for me will be when he has a double double and plays 20+ minutes.

Steelers23_06
10-24-2013, 12:04 AM
anyone who doesn't like this doesnt like basketball. i like this no matter if it was my team or not. everyone likes a good comeback story.

shep33
10-24-2013, 12:13 AM
It's nice to see him on the court, the guy deserves it. That being said, let's not exaggerate the situation and call him a double-double every night or a dominant inside presence when he's dunking over guys half his size.

Deception
10-24-2013, 12:24 AM
It's nice to see him on the court, the guy deserves it. That being said, let's not exaggerate the situation and call him a double-double every night or a dominant inside presence when he's dunking over guys half his size.

I don't think anyone said that in this thread. Just congratulating him on his return and hoping he can stay on the court.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Congratulations on 4 minutes played, sore knees post game and a dunk. Like I said... I was a big Oden fan in Portland and Miami did the right thing giving him a shot... but even if he had two prosthetic legs.. a 7 footer with his length can dunk. I'm not calling out the guy starting the thread but this shouldn't be a huge trend on twitter/forums LMAO.

This is no Brandon Roy returning with shot knees early in the playoffs and destroying a team for a win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YneamUqN1w

mightybosstone
10-24-2013, 01:17 AM
I think it's way too early to expect anything from him, but I really, really hope he can develop into a decent defensive role player and have somewhat of an NBA career. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who has busted his *** off, but had the worst possible luck with injuries over his young career. But the guy clearly has skill if the Heat picked him up and were willing to let him play in a preseason game. And he's only 25, so it's not ridiculous to think he could still carve out a role in this league.

Chronz
10-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Isn't the point that most people in the NBA are half his size. That what helps makes him a finisher, it becomes a dominant trait if hes able to do it consistently. I think if he stays healthy the chances of him producing at a fringe all-star level in the minutes he gets is pretty high.

a 7 footer with his length can dunk.
Nah they need his length AND strength to unroot a defender like that. Hes still a physical specimen, sad what we missed out on but even with this single move you can see potential.

minato_17
10-24-2013, 08:18 AM
That play was better than any play that Bynum had last season

This. And do you reckon they will play bowling together? :)

NYKnickFanatic
10-24-2013, 08:44 AM
That's awesome, good for him. :clap:

I hope he can remain healthy and have a successful career.

ztilzer31
10-24-2013, 08:52 AM
He looked good in low minutes. Very high energy straight off the bat. Good to see since he's not going to be playing big minutes. If he can bring intensity like that for 10-20 mins a night he'll be a huge factor for the Heat all season.

Too early to say anything definitive, but just his present on the court made the Heat look completely different right off the bat. Oden was definitely a little too hyped (probably nervous) but in another 3 months (if no injuries) he'll start getting the hang of it.

Swashcuff
10-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Congratulations on 4 minutes played, sore knees post game and a dunk. Like I said... I was a big Oden fan in Portland and Miami did the right thing giving him a shot... but even if he had two prosthetic legs.. a 7 footer with his length can dunk. I'm not calling out the guy starting the thread but this shouldn't be a huge trend on twitter/forums LMAO.

This is no Brandon Roy returning with shot knees early in the playoffs and destroying a team for a win.

You're really not getting the point I see?

This is no thread to mark an amazing performance its a thread to simply mark the return of a player who wasn't stepped on a basketball in professional capacity in 4 years, a player who was supposed to be the savior at his position but instead became a laughing stock who probably wouldn't play the game again. Against the odds he fought hard and is finally back on the court again. All the talk you're talking about why this isn't thread worthy I'm willing to bet ANYTHING that had Oden been on the Clips you would have surely made a thread about it, tweeted about it, Instagrammed it etc etc

He's always going to have sore and swollen knees that's a given, why do you think so many "healthy" athletes have to ice their knees after games, its more common than you think. In Oden's case however its seen as special because of his history.

Swashcuff
10-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Think of how the C position would look IF Andrew Bogut, Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden and Yao Ming were all able to stay healthy all capable top 20 players in their own right with Oden, Yao and Bynum spending considerable time in the top 10 discussion with Oden probably being the best of the lot. Its makes you realize that the C isn't the way it is today because of a lack of talented players coming into the league but rather due to a plethora of injuries (namely the knee) suffered by these mammoths.

Minimal
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Well 2 points 2 rebounds in 4 minutes is a good comeback for a player like this. Oden looks real solid, his jumper during team workouts looks great, less athletic, a bit slower, but I think he would be able to make an impact on the team. And I hope he will stay healthy whole season. Really happy for him.

vitamins_
10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
its nice to see him come back and play. I feel like he really put in the time and effort to get back into this shape. Its scary if he could come back and be what people thought he could be... Miami is scary with a Healthy Oden

Tony_Starks
10-24-2013, 10:32 AM
And just think about the expectations. All he's expected to do is be better than Joel Anthony. If he can continue to get in shape and minimize the setbacks that's not a very lofty goal.

Plus I'm sure they will have plenty of blowouts where he can get some burn...

mightybosstone
10-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Think of how the C position would look IF Andrew Bogut, Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden and Yao Ming were all able to stay healthy all capable top 20 players in their own right with Oden, Yao and Bynum spending considerable time in the top 10 discussion with Oden probably being the best of the lot. Its makes you realize that the C isn't the way it is today because of a lack of talented players coming into the league but rather due to a plethora of injuries (namely the knee) suffered by these mammoths.

I hadn't even thought about this, but it's very true. It makes me wonder what centers of the last decade have done differently that 7-footers for the past 30 years haven't. With advances in technology and sports medicine, athletes should feasibly last longer in their respective sports and be less likely to get injured. So why is it that we got well over a decade of guys like Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Malone, Parrish, etc., but we haven't been able to get a single healthy season out of Yao, Bynum, Oden or Bogut?

This question really bothers me. Some seriously thorough sports writer needs to get on this and write something up before the end of the season. This subject is too interesting not to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

NYKnickFanatic
10-24-2013, 10:53 AM

Man, Brandon Roy was amazing to watch. Injuries suck.

Chronz
10-24-2013, 11:03 AM
AAU, rules favoring quickness and in some minor way, Shaq, have all killed the centers or their durability.

goingfor28
10-24-2013, 11:26 AM

He dunked a basketball. Something anyone 7 ft tall could do. It's really not a big deal

Kyben36
10-24-2013, 11:33 AM
greg oden having one dunk does not mean he is back. LOL. im going to have to heard it from heat fans today at school, OMG did you see oden, we are unstopable now with him. guys going to blow his knee back out by mid season,

therealwd27
10-24-2013, 11:53 AM
He dunked a basketball. Something anyone 7 ft tall could do. It's really not a big deal

He hasn't played since 2009 and was using a cane to walk, once again not everyone is a tool like you or clippersfan.. shouldn't you be watching the world series? I'm sure the Red Sox can use your support.

And Clippers fan would be more excited if this was Ryan Hollins so his point of view is really null and void.

NYKnickFanatic
10-24-2013, 11:54 AM

The point is that he is back and playing, not that he dunked a ball.

The guy has been through a lot, cut him some slack.

NYKnickFanatic
10-24-2013, 11:55 AM
He hasn't played since 2009 and was using a cane to walk, once again not everyone is a tool like you or clippersfan.. shouldn't you be watching the world series? I'm sure the Red Sox can use your support.

And Clippers fan would be more excited if this was Ryan Hollins so his point of view is really null and void.

Nah, you mean BJ Mullens. Lol

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 12:20 PM
You're really not getting the point I see?

This is no thread to mark an amazing performance its a thread to simply mark the return of a player who wasn't stepped on a basketball in professional capacity in 4 years, a player who was supposed to be the savior at his position but instead became a laughing stock who probably wouldn't play the game again. Against the odds he fought hard and is finally back on the court again. All the talk you're talking about why this isn't thread worthy I'm willing to bet ANYTHING that had Oden been on the Clips you would have surely made a thread about it, tweeted about it, Instagrammed it etc etc

He's always going to have sore and swollen knees that's a given, why do you think so many "healthy" athletes have to ice their knees after games, its more common than you think. In Oden's case however its seen as special because of his history.

You're getting REALLY out of hand on misquoting me and putting words in my mouth Swash. Multiple times in this thread I threw it out there that the OP had a right to make a thread if he wanted and that I make plenty of trivial threads, so I'm not calling him out. I'm just questioning the fact that in general it's a big story, when quite frankly it shouldn't be. In sports history... I've never heard so much hype about a return where a player plays 2 minutes in a preseason game SMH. He didn't do anything significant like his old teammate Roy in the video I posted.

DubbyDubbs
10-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Why are people getting all douchey about the dunk? The thread wasnt made because he dunked.. i personally would have made a thread if he played 4 mins and all he did was turn it over twice. The fact that a guy who wasnt expected to play and could barely walk overcame adversity and is back playing with the big boys is good to see.

Even more exciting to see in that short clip was not the dunk anyways. He was able to run the court after and use some lateral quickess on a pick and roll hedge and create a double team which seemed to startle the ball handler. Again this probably doesn't sound impressive to anyone who thinks of these guys as 7ft machines and not human beings lol

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Why are people getting all douchey about the dunk? The thread wasnt made because he dunked.. i personally would have made a thread if he played 4 mins and all he did was turn it over twice. The fact that a guy who wasnt expected to play and could barely walk overcame adversity and is back playing with the big boys is good to see.

Even more exciting to see in that short clip was not the dunk anyways. He was able to run the court after and use some lateral quickess on a pick and roll hedge and create a double team which seemed to startle the ball handler. Again this probably doesn't sound impressive to anyone who thinks of these guys as 7ft machines and not human beings lol

The narrative of "maybe never being able to walk again" crap is a fu**ing cliche and overly used in sports. I'm rooting for Oden, but it's too soon to make anything yet of it is all I'm saying. Again let me repeat.... I'm not bashing this thread, more so the general media hype this generated. Maybe if he played for the Bobcats nobody would care, who knows.

DubbyDubbs
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
The narrative of "maybe never being able to walk again" crap is a fu**ing cliche and overly used in sports. I'm rooting for Oden, but it's too soon to make anything yet of it is all I'm saying. Again let me repeat.... I'm not bashing this thread, more so the general media hype this generated. Maybe if he played for the Bobcats nobody would care, who knows.

To quote something I never even said such as "maybe never being able to walk again" was stupid because I never said that lol, and for the last time, insinuating people only care because its the heat and that no one would care if it was the Cats demonstrates clearly you miss the point in this case. I live in Toronto, am a Toronto fan and I care because of who he is and what hes been through... not what jersey he wears (i dislike the Heat very much)

joepfarley
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I saw him up in the club various nights out in Cleveland. And homeboy walks like a baby giraffe or a cripple, by no means did he look as if he has the health to make a full NBA season even in limited playing time.

I would suggest that this may be his last season in the NBA.

therealwd27
10-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Nah, you mean BJ Mullens. Lol

Lmao your right my bad

beasted86
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM
I saw him up in the club various nights out in Cleveland. And homeboy walks like a baby giraffe or a cripple, by no means did he look as if he has the health to make a full NBA season even in limited playing time.

I would suggest that this may be his last season in the NBA.

And yet here he is running up and down the court, moving laterally, and jumping off the ground and dunking. I think you are out of touch with either reality or simply current events. This is a slow process and he is going to play a limited role with most nights off. That's the very reason he chose the HEAT.

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 01:04 PM
This is a huge story because he was a number 1 pick who was supposed to be the best center in the league. Then he went to never playing again. Now hes back on the court, he smashes easily right away like he could do it whenever he wanted. Now go ask Oden how excited he was to get back on the court. It was huge for him. Go ask all the Heat players how excited they were. The fact Oden got back on the court period, makes it a story. It meant a lot to everyone in the Heat locker room, so it was a story.

72 Wins
10-24-2013, 01:19 PM
This is both great to see, yet depressing. This guy used to be an athletic marvel, throwing down ridiculous dunks. Looks like he's lost so much of that athleticism (which isn't surprising considering his knee issues).

But glad he's back playing

+1.

sciferguy
10-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Word of caution to Heat fans...don't get too excited or use the "if he stays healthy" to backup any arguments or statements about your team. Make no mistake about it, He Will Let You Down, if you expect anything from him. Won't knock the guy for trying cuz I know I would if I was him but unfortunately his knees won't allow him to play basketball at a professional level.

beasted86
10-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Word of caution to Heat fans...don't get too excited or use the "if he stays healthy" to backup any arguments or statements about your team. Make no mistake about it, He Will Let You Down, if you expect anything from him. Won't knock the guy for trying cuz I know I would if I was him but unfortunately his knees won't allow him to play basketball at a professional level.

HEAT are still favorites without him making an impact, so don't worry.

And I really do think this time around is different for Oden because he is on the HEAT. The Blazers franchise clearly had an inept medical and training staff as evidenced here: http://zigsports.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/greg-oden-brandon-roy-what-what-happened/. If he is training the correct way and strengthening the muscles around the knee properly, he can definitely continue his career in a limited role.

SugeKnight
10-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Shoulda went to the suns!

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Oden for the minute he was out there looked great. The Heat have no real bigs. Oden being able to do what he did out there is just what the Heat want. Anytime someone switches on him, he gets an easy dunk. Anyone that they run Pick and roll with, with Oden, Oden will get easy dunks. Exactly what hibbert and Noah do to the Heat. Run pick and roll, get the tiny mismatch and finish easily. Oden just proved he can do that easily right now, which makes the Heat that much harder to defend, what seems already impossible to defend. Obviously counting on Oden to stay healthy is the huge question, but I hope noone is questioning anything after that. Oden is still a physical beast. His body is great, and in that clip he looked more athletic than Bynum or Lopez.

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Double Post

justinnum1
10-24-2013, 03:14 PM

Miami are heavy favorites to 3peat without oden...

Swashcuff
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
I hadn't even thought about this, but it's very true. It makes me wonder what centers of the last decade have done differently that 7-footers for the past 30 years haven't. With advances in technology and sports medicine, athletes should feasibly last longer in their respective sports and be less likely to get injured. So why is it that we got well over a decade of guys like Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Malone, Parrish, etc., but we haven't been able to get a single healthy season out of Yao, Bynum, Oden or Bogut?

This question really bothers me. Some seriously thorough sports writer needs to get on this and write something up before the end of the season. This subject is too interesting not to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Not just basketball either, baseball, soccer, football etc. I mean it seems like every season two to three aces are going down with Tommy John surgery an injury that wasn't as common in years gone by (at least from my amateur view).

Swashcuff
10-24-2013, 03:47 PM
You're getting REALLY out of hand on misquoting me and putting words in my mouth Swash. Multiple times in this thread I threw it out there that the OP had a right to make a thread if he wanted and that I make plenty of trivial threads, so I'm not calling him out. I'm just questioning the fact that in general it's a big story, when quite frankly it shouldn't be. In sports history... I've never heard so much hype about a return where a player plays 2 minutes in a preseason game SMH. He didn't do anything significant like his old teammate Roy in the video I posted.

:laugh2: That made me laugh

My point is not what he did, I could care less what he did its that he's actually back on the basketball court. This dude was the former number overall pick who was supposed to be the savior at his position in the NBA. He missed 4 years of ball and now he's back, IMO its even bigger a story than Roy's return.

You must be forgetting Oden was labelled a savior at C, he was supposed to change the game. We were supposed to see Shaq type impact from him that's why it is IMO as big as a story as it is and rightfully so.

Celtics33
10-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Doesn't this belong in the Heat Thread. He didn't have a outstanding game that it should be in the NBA Forum, the guy had 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 turnover in 4 minutes. Spoelstra even said that he isn't exactly ready to give it his all although he is ahead of schedule, they are still waiting on his progress. I hope the best for the guy, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

goingfor28
10-24-2013, 03:53 PM

Great. He got healthy and is back suing. Congrats. He's not the first and won't be the last. It's only a matter of time before he's hurt again

goingfor28
10-24-2013, 03:56 PM

HEAT are still favorites without him making an impact, so don't worry.

And I really do think this time around is different for Oden because he is on the HEAT. The Blazers franchise clearly had an inept medical and training staff as evidenced here: http://zigsports.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/greg-oden-brandon-roy-what-what-happened/. If he is training the correct way and strengthening the muscles around the knee properly, he can definitely continue his career in a limited role.

Why the fck is heat all caps?

goingfor28
10-24-2013, 03:57 PM

Heavy? So they'll easily get by Chicago, Indiana, Brooklyn, thunder, spurs, clippers? Ok

goingfor28
10-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Heavy fav's? Ok

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Heavy fav's? Ok

Heavy meaning 70% plus Gm's pick the Heat to win it all. Heat 70% Rest of league 30%. Thats pretty heavy considering your 70% to win against the field in the eyes of League GM's who have no vested interest in the Heat other than the Heat GM.

Love your Vikings sig at the Bottom btw.

dee279
10-24-2013, 06:09 PM

Dude aint you the one that was hip hip hopraying about Darren Collison playing well in the preseason? Stop acting like Twitter/Forums are some kind of limited space for only Very important stuff. Its a damn forum. Chill out. If you dont like thw thread, dont respond. I dont know why you would expect someone who hasnt played in 4 years to play extensive time in games that dont matter.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 08:17 PM
You don't see a difference between 2 points and 25 ppg over 3 games by a bench player? As I've said 4 times I'm not criticizing the thread, just the overall hype which is honestly pathetic to see.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Heavy meaning 70% plus Gm's pick the Heat to win it all. Heat 70% Rest of league 30%. Thats pretty heavy considering your 70% to win against the field in the eyes of League GM's who have no vested interest in the Heat other than the Heat GM.

Love your Vikings sig at the Bottom btw.

Since when do 30 people represent the world's opinion lol? Miami was VERY lucky to pull off the finals win last year. Vegas has them at 4 to 1 last I saw, hardly "heavy" favorites. There are multiple contenders and the gap isn't as big as some think. Favorites yes, not "heavy".

beasted86
10-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Why the fck is heat all caps?

Are you like, a basketball fan? Have you been paying attention to this sport or not?

Here is a link that has Miami HEAT history. This team has been around since 1989:
http://www.nba.com/heat/history/yearbyyear_intro.html

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Since when do 30 people represent the world's opinion lol? Miami was VERY lucky to pull off the finals win last year. Vegas has them at 4 to 1 last I saw, hardly "heavy" favorites. There are multiple contenders and the gap isn't as big as some think. Favorites yes, not "heavy".

The odds making service Bovada disagrees with you!

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/08/nba-title-odds-preseason-miami-heat-chicago-bulls-oklahoma-city-thunder/

The Heat are strong favorites to win the 2014 NBA title, according to one oddsmaker, with the Bulls and Thunder seen as the leading candidates to thwart a three-peat.

Oddsmaking service Bovada released its early championship odds Tuesday, and Miami, the two-time defending champions, led the way at 2-1. Derrick Rose’s return from a season-long knee injury vaulted Chicago into a tie with Oklahoma City, who will begin the season without Russell Westbrook, at 8-1. The Clippers (9-1), Rockets, (10-1), Pacers (10-1) and Nets (10-1) rounded out the pack of top challengers.

This is a familiar position for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and company, as they opened the 2012-13 season as 11-5 favorites, topping the Lakers (5-2), Thunder (9-2), Bulls (14-1), Celtics (18-1) and Spurs (18-1). Miami also entered the 2013 playoffs as heavy favorites after winning 27 consecutive regular season games last season.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Bobcats and Magic were both listed at 500-1 to win the championship, making them the longest of the long shots. The Sixers, Suns and Kings (all 300-1) made up the league’s bottom-feeders.

Bovada also pegged the Heat, Nets, Bulls, Thunder, Clippers and Rockets as the early favorites to win their respective divisions.

Surprises dot this year’s list. Without question, the Spurs are likely the most underrated, checking in at 12-1 odds (eighth-best in the league) even though they bring back virtually the entire roster from a team that came within seconds of unseating the Heat in the 2013 Finals. After claiming the East’s No. 2 seed with 54 wins, the Knicks hold the tenth-best odds overall at 22-1. The Grizzlies are in a similar boat: a trip to the 2013 Western Conference finals only merited 28-1 odds (eleventh-best in the league) even though Memphis suffered no major offseason defections.

Meanwhile, the Lakers, who lost Dwight Howard in free agency, used the amnesty clause on Metta World Peace and are awaiting the return of Kobe Bryant from an Achilles injury, are pegged at 33-1. Those odds are good for seventh-best among Western Conference teams, even though a trip to the 2014 playoffs seems highly unlikely. Howard’s Rockets also appear a bit overrated: winning the offseason doesn’t always translate into immediate title contention, and it’s hard to envision Houston making the leap from fringe playoff team to the conference’s third-best team, especially given how crowded things are at the top of the West.

Here’s the full list of championship odds.

Odds to win 2014 NBA Championship

Miami Heat 2/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 8/1
Los Angeles Clippers 9/1
Houston Rockets 10/1
Indiana Pacers 10/1
Brooklyn Nets 10/1
San Antonio Spurs 12/1
Golden State Warriors 16/1
New York Knicks 22/1
Memphis Grizzlies 28/1
Los Angeles Lakers 33/1
Dallas Mavericks 50/1
Denver Nuggets 50/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 66/1
Detroit Pistons 75/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 100/1
New Orleans Pelicans 100/1
Washington Wizards 100/1
Atlanta Hawks 150/1
Boston Celtics 150/1
Portland Trail Blazers 150/1
Toronto Raptors 150/1
Utah Jazz 150/1
Milwaukee Bucks 250/1
Philadelphia 76ers 300/1
Phoenix Suns 300/1
Sacramento Kings 300/1
Charlotte Bobcats 500/1
Orlando Magic 500/1

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 09:21 PM

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

The gap between the Heat and the next team is the largest gap on the entire odds spread. I don't think you understand the odds because they are definitely a heavy favorite. This Vegas sports book also disagrees with you.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 10:04 PM
I just saw the Vegas odds last week and they weren't 2/1, sure those are up to date? Clippers were 5/1 when I looked. Regardless of betting odds though in reality Miami is a few very lucky bounces from being 1/3 in the finals. Hardly dominant enough over the competition to have odds that good. Miami isn't the dominant team people make them out to be sometimes. Every single year a team or more than one team pushes them to their limits in the playoffs. Spurs obviously choked miserably last year but we could easily be giving the Spurs their rings next week instead and there are many other teams like Memphis, Indiana, Chicago and possibly the Nets who can give Miami a real tough 7 game series.

beasted86
10-24-2013, 10:15 PM
I just saw the Vegas odds last week and they weren't 2/1, sure those are up to date? Clippers were 5/1 when I looked. Regardless of betting odds though in reality Miami is a few very lucky bounces from being 1/3 in the finals. Hardly dominant enough over the competition to have odds that good.

The HEAT have been to the Finals 4 times. And I don't know how a team "lucks" itself to the Finals 3 straight years in a row. Must be a similar negative type of luck that has kept the Clippers from ever getting past the 2nd round.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 10:18 PM
The HEAT have been to the Finals 4 times. And I don't know how a team "lucks" itself to the Finals 3 straight years in a row. Must be a similar negative type of luck that has kept the Clippers from ever getting past the 2nd round.

I didn't say it was luck that they got there. They were the best team in the east and deserved it. What I'm saying is we all know the Spurs SHOULD have won the game and if not for a choke of epic proportions the Heat would be 1 for 3 in the finals the last 3 years and we wouldn't be talking like this. The only decisive finals they had was two years ago when they beat OKC 4-1. Last year they just about lost it in 6 and the Mavericks obviously picked them apart badly.

This isn't some dominant team that is head and shoulders above the teams in the league like the classic Celtics, Lakers and Bulls team that people try to throw them in with. This is a team that has been pushed to it's limits pretty much every year in the playoffs and has multiple teams biting on their heels in the east, as well as the west.

SeoulBeatz
10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Always felt terrible for the guy, so that was awesome to see!

Fnom11
10-24-2013, 10:34 PM

Within the first 2 pages you have about 9 posts that all say the same thing. We get it, he's not on the Clippers and therefore doesn't impress you. Clearly, he's impressed dozens of other people and people are giving him props so maybe you should let you bias views pass on this one and realize how cool of a moment this is for all true basketball fans.

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I just saw the Vegas odds last week and they weren't 2/1, sure those are up to date? Clippers were 5/1 when I looked. Regardless of betting odds though in reality Miami is a few very lucky bounces from being 1/3 in the finals. Hardly dominant enough over the competition to have odds that good. Miami isn't the dominant team people make them out to be sometimes. Every single year a team or more than one team pushes them to their limits in the playoffs. Spurs obviously choked miserably last year but we could easily be giving the Spurs their rings next week instead and there are many other teams like Memphis, Indiana, Chicago and possibly the Nets who can give Miami a real tough 7 game series.

Everything you just said matters not young Jedi. The Heat are still Heavy favorites. The reason why.......

3 straight finals appearances and barely winning the ring 2years in a row>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>giving the champions a hard series.
Understand???

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Within the first 2 pages you have about 9 posts that all say the same thing. We get it, he's not on the Clippers and therefore doesn't impress you. Clearly, he's impressed dozens of other people and people are giving him props so maybe you should let you bias views pass on this one and realize how cool of a moment this is for all true basketball fans.

Nobody here is talking about how impressed they are that I saw, they are simply happy he's playing again, which I am too. I thought he was the next great center in Portland, not sure why you and everybody else who has a problem with my POV is grasping for anything they can and bringing up the Clippers. Since when do I raise issue with people starting threads lol? I just think this shouldn't be all over sports media, it's a non story. Has nothing to do with Clippers related or not.

beasted86
10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I didn't say it was luck that they got there. They were the best team in the east and deserved it. What I'm saying is we all know the Spurs SHOULD have won the game and if not for a choke of epic proportions the Heat would be 1 for 3 in the finals the last 3 years and we wouldn't be talking like this. The only decisive finals they had was two years ago when they beat OKC 4-1. Last year they just about lost it in 6 and the Mavericks obviously picked them apart badly.

This isn't some dominant team that is head and shoulders above the teams in the league like the classic Celtics, Lakers and Bulls team that people try to throw them in with. This is a team that has been pushed to it's limits pretty much every year in the playoffs and has multiple teams biting on their heels in the east, as well as the west.

So when Tony Parker travels and hits a circus shot buzzer beater, that's dominance, and they deserved and should have won the series... but when the HEAT make a legal clutch shot its because we are a weak champion and only lucked into back-to-back championships, but really deserved to lose. Sound logic.

Those classic teams you talk of you didn't watch, so you don't have an informed perspective. In reality you glorify them. The truth of the matter is, nobody remembers box scores and how many games series went when you are talking about back to back and possibly 3 peat champions. To demonstrate what I'm saying is easy... tell me without looking how many games the Pat Riley Lakers went to and how close the games were during their 2 Peat? Yeah, good luck with that one if you actually tried to be truthful in an answer. At the end of the day we simply remember them as back to back champs, and 3 titles in 4 years, and that in itself defines their legacy. Not garbage like trying to downplay their success with some rhetoric like "they had to come back from 3-2 to beat the Pistons" or "They only won the 2 final games with lucky nail-biter wins because Isiah was injured". Maybe haters use these tactics, but not legit basketball fans or analysts.

The fact at the end of the day, and getting back to the real topic at hand is every single polling, odds, and most editorials have the HEAT winning the championship again. So that pretty much says enough right there. They are the favorites. Feel free to continue to split hears on defining what your own distinction is between a favorite and a heavy favorite.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 11:03 PM
What in God's name are you talking about man? The Spurs were up 10 points in the late 4th of game 6 and up 5 with literally 30 seconds left in the game. When you lose in a scenario like that, you choked BAD. San Antonio lost game 6 more than Miami won it in my eyes, and that's always how I'll feel. They had the game and let it go in one of the worst meltdowns I have ever witnessed.

You never addressed my point, which I should have come to expect from you. I DID indeed watch the Bulls and Lakers dynasty, just watched footage on the Celtics one. I've seen truly dominant dynasties and Miami isn't in the same boat, sorry. I never felt like the Bulls were skating by opponents on lucky bounces. Did you know Michael Jordan never played in a game 7 in the finals? 6 for 6... one series in 5 games, the rest in 6. The Spurs in general looked like the better team for more of the finals series than the Heat did.

Why is a team so dominant getting pushed to the limits two series every year in the playoffs? Maybe I'm living in a fantasy world here but I don't remember that from previous dominant teams I mentioned that Heat fans group the Heat with.

IKnowHoops
10-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Nobody here is talking about how impressed they are that I saw, they are simply happy he's playing again, which I am too. I thought he was the next great center in Portland, not sure why you and everybody else who has a problem with my POV is grasping for anything they can and bringing up the Clippers. Since when do I raise issue with people starting threads lol? I just think this shouldn't be all over sports media, it's a non story. Has nothing to do with Clippers related or not.

The #1 pick in the draft playing again is a bigger story than Collison averaging 25pts per game over 3 games in the preseason bro. Now to you its not obviously, but to all non clipper fans, it is.

beasted86
10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
What in God's name are you talking about man? The Spurs were up 10 points in the late 4th of game 6 and up 5 with literally 30 seconds left in the game. When you lose in a scenario like that, you choked BAD. San Antonio lost game 6 more than Miami won it in my eyes, and that's always how I'll feel. They had the game and let it go in one of the worst meltdowns I have ever witnessed.

You never addressed my point, which I should have come to expect from you. I DID indeed watch the Bulls and Lakers dynasty, just watched footage on the Celtics one. I've seen truly dominant dynasties and Miami isn't in the same boat, sorry. I never felt like the Bulls were skating by opponents on lucky bounces. Did you know Michael Jordan never played in a game 7 in the finals? 6 for 6... one series in 5 games, the rest in 6. The Spurs in general looked like the better team for more of the finals series than the Heat did.

So if you supposedly watched the Lakers you would know that Isiah sprained his ankle in the 3rd quarter. You'd know that he was having a monster game and had 25 points in that same quarter. You'd also know that the Lakers needed to outscore the Pistons in the 4th to squeak out a 1 point win, which may not have come with a healthy Isiah. You'd also know that at the time, that foul call by Lambeer on Kareem was considered a bum call, and those 2 freethrows won them the game.

But of course you know this already.

At the end of the day, Parker traveled and hit a circus shot. If he is called for the travel and Miami starts out with a 2-0 series lead, who knows if we even see a Game 6. And you avoided my point that nobody remembers or cares about how close the series came to being lost in my above example of the Lakers. All that the history books cares about is back to back titles and 3 titles in 4 years. You have a different skewed perspective because you actually watched the HEAT live in action and their legacy is currently being built, and didn't watch the Lakers live in action and their legacy is already set.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 11:24 PM
I was talking about the 00-03 Lakers threepeat, not the 80's Lakers squads with Magic and Kareem, good rant though. The point was the Heat have more competition and peers on the same tier than those teams. They aren't significantly better than other teams in the game right now. Never once have I felt that they seemed unbeatable come playoff time.

beasted86
10-24-2013, 11:32 PM
I was talking about the 00-03 Lakers threepeat, not the 80's Lakers squads with Magic and Kareem, good rant though. The point was the Heat have more competition and peers on the same tier than those teams. They aren't significantly better than other teams in the game right now. Never once have I felt that they seemed unbeatable come playoff time.
Well I think my first long post didn't take into account the common sense of "the Pat Riley Lakers" not being the 00-03 Shaq/Kobe three peat Lakers.... so, my bad.

No champion is "unbeatable". I don't even know what you are talking about. During the 90s Bulls first 3 peat, you think fans were walking around expecting them to win 3 in a row? Even the 00-03 Lakers, you don't think Spurs and most Western Conference fans legitimately thought they could take out the Lakers any given year and instead head to the Finals themselves? I think you have lost touch with reality and your logic is warped.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2013, 11:55 PM
This has gotten way off topic, I don't care enough to debate for days about it. Point is... good for Oden, not a big deal though. Heat are heavy favorites in Vegas but have been outplayed overall in too many series to scare me and although they deserve to be favorites.. I'll take a long term avy bet with anybody that they won't 3 peat this year. 6 months or a year, let's bet.

Lakers + Giants
10-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Hope he has a solid year. Good luck.

IKnowHoops
10-25-2013, 07:29 AM

Wow really? When you said dominant I thought you had to be talking about Showtime. When you talked about how lucky the Heat were, I thought to myself, nobody was luckier than 00-03 Lakers. But then I thought to myself, "I'm not going to bring them up because he's talking about dominant Lakers and Celtics teams that were thought of as being more dominant than the 00-03 Lakers." But all along you really believe that the Heat lucked out more than the 00-03 Lakers.

The Heat have had one gift. The Spurs game obviously. Every other team that gave them trouble, they dug down and balled when they had to and won the game completely legitimately.

The Lakers have at least two gifts. Robert Horry from the top at the Buzzer against the Kings in game 7. Fisher shot with .04 on the clock which was impossible. Then you got the straight the choke job of all choke jobs when the Blazers were up 17 with less than 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and the Blazers choked it away in game 7.

Please don't ever again in your life talk about how the Heat should not have beaten the Spurs and then talk about how dominant the Lakers were when they should of lost to the Blazers one year, the Kings another year, and a good chance they would of and should of lost to the Spurs. That .04 shot was bs and lucky at the same time.

beasted86
10-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Wow really? When you said dominant I thought you had to be talking about Showtime. When you talked about how lucky the Heat were, I thought to myself, nobody was luckier than 00-03 Lakers. But then I thought to myself, "I'm not going to bring them up because he's talking about dominant Lakers and Celtics teams that were thought of as being more dominant than the 00-03 Lakers." But all along you really believe that the Heat lucked out more than the 00-03 Lakers.

The Heat have had one gift. The Spurs game obviously. Every other team that gave them trouble, they dug down and balled when they had to and won the game completely legitimately.

The Lakers have at least two gifts. Robert Horry from the top at the Buzzer against the Kings in game 7. Fisher shot with .04 on the clock which was impossible. Then you got the straight the choke job of all choke jobs when the Blazers were up 17 with less than 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and the Blazers choked it away in game 7.

Please don't ever again in your life talk about how the Heat should not have beaten the Spurs and then talk about how dominant the Lakers were when they should of lost to the Blazers one year, the Kings another year, and a good chance they would of and should of lost to the Spurs. That .04 shot was bs and lucky at the same time.

As I said in my last statement to the guy on the topic... he is out of touch with reality. No champion other the 2nd 3 PEAT Bulls was ever seen as a Juggernaut... and those Bulls were only seen that way because of the first 3 PEAT, and winning 72 and 69 games. Pretty much all other multiple champions I have seen while alive, dating from the Showtime Lakers, Bad Boys Pistons, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Duncan Spurs, Kobe/Pau Lakers have all been seen as very beatable and had a team which was considered on equal ground. And at some point all of those teams needed a comeback to extend a series, or had some injury to a starter on the opposing team, or some bogus call to avoid elimination.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-25-2013, 10:55 AM
I'll set the O/U at 20 games before his knees implode again.....

FlashBolt
10-25-2013, 01:34 PM
This has gotten way off topic, I don't care enough to debate for days about it. Point is... good for Oden, not a big deal though. Heat are heavy favorites in Vegas but have been outplayed overall in too many series to scare me and although they deserve to be favorites.. I'll take a long term avy bet with anybody that they won't 3 peat this year. 6 months or a year, let's bet.

You are such a terrible poster. What type of logic do you use in your debates? Your credibility meter drops with every post. You type as if you're an aggressor. Let's bet? What are you trying to signify here? Point is, Miami are heavy favorites because of LJ. Oden is just a big body they'll need come playoff time if they are against the likes of Pacers, Bulls, Memphis, etc.. Outplayed? That usually means they lost a series - which they haven't.

Clippersfan86
10-25-2013, 04:14 PM
You are such a terrible poster. What type of logic do you use in your debates? Your credibility meter drops with every post. You type as if you're an aggressor. Let's bet? What are you trying to signify here? Point is, Miami are heavy favorites because of LJ. Oden is just a big body they'll need come playoff time if they are against the likes of Pacers, Bulls, Memphis, etc.. Outplayed? That usually means they lost a series - which they haven't.

You calling anybody a terrible poster is good for a quick laugh. You're the worst kind of poster there is. A bandwagon fan who talks down to people but has very little knowledge on the sport. You've been exposed too many times as nothing but a bandwagon homer, who spends most of his time posting anti Bulls BS to have any respect around here. I may be a homer and overly emotional but I'll put my basketball knowledge up against yours any day.

It's patently false that the team that loses can't have outplayed the team that won overall. What it means is one team made the big plays when they counted but in the Spurs series for example I remember through 6 games the Spurs won pretty much every statistic and looked like the more complete, better team. Bottom line is they didn't get it done in the end.

I didn't say once that Heat fans were saying Oden is some savior or something. Just saying it's a bit much on the excitement for a guy to play 4 minutes.

Clippersfan86
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
As I said in my last statement to the guy on the topic... he is out of touch with reality. No champion other the 2nd 3 PEAT Bulls was ever seen as a Juggernaut... and those Bulls were only seen that way because of the first 3 PEAT, and winning 72 and 69 games. Pretty much all other multiple champions I have seen while alive, dating from the Showtime Lakers, Bad Boys Pistons, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Duncan Spurs, Kobe/Pau Lakers have all been seen as very beatable and had a team which was considered on equal ground. And at some point all of those teams needed a comeback to extend a series, or had some injury to a starter on the opposing team, or some bogus call to avoid elimination.

So the Lakers going 16-1 in the playoffs isn't a juggernaut team? Lol. Never mind that no team in NBA history has done that. I didn't say the 3 peat Lakers were better, just that they were one of the teams I watched LIVE. I forgot some people here are so dense I need to elaborate far more than normally. The 80's Lakers that won 5 championships ARE an all time great team, just not one I watched live due to my age obviously. I think outside of 1-2 teams at any given time that challenged these dynasties, there was a bigger gap between them and the other teams than Miami has now. I genuinely believe at least 5 teams in the NBA right now could push Miami to a 7 game series, possibly beating them.

I think going 16-1 in the playoffs is more impressive than winning 72 regular season games.

Clippersfan86
10-25-2013, 04:38 PM
I leave Flashbolt wasted. He's still screaming at me from his mom's basement.
I don't know why this guy wants my nuts so bad. Maybe he's just mad, I didn't give him knee pads.
This story begins when he was on his knees, begging me for some nectar.
I told him no thanks guy, what are you, the semen collector?
Woah I think I just found PSD's penis inspector.

I roll you into a blunt and smoke you. You thought you had me, but I butt fu**ed you.
Wishing you could play this sport, this is my court.
I rape you so bad verbally, soon I'll be paying you child support.
Test my knowledge and your brain will fry. Autonomic nervous system overdrive, won't be able to cry.
You thought you could outsmart me, all you did was end up a retiree.
I put you to rest if you don't come prepared with a vest, and plenty of rest.
I drop 16 bars on your chest, I digest MC's till they got nothing left.

Prosports is about to read my wrath. I'm just starting with this worm, don't make me pour the gas.
I get the feeling this place is going to turn into a blood bath.
My vengeance spreads faster than an atomic blast.
Watch your back and you won't get hit with a slug from my mac.
I'm going to cool this down before I break this guy down into suicidal thoughts.
I don't want him reporting me, forgot this guy still lives inside the box.

FlashBolt
10-25-2013, 05:13 PM

You calling anybody a terrible poster is good for a quick laugh. You're the worst kind of poster there is. A bandwagon fan who talks down to people but has very little knowledge on the sport. You've been exposed too many times as nothing but a bandwagon homer, who spends most of his time posting anti Bulls BS to have any respect around here. I may be a homer and overly emotional but I'll put my basketball knowledge up against yours any day.

It's patently false that the team that loses can't have outplayed the team that won overall. What it means is one team made the big plays when they counted but in the Spurs series for example I remember through 6 games the Spurs won pretty much every statistic and looked like the more complete, better team. Bottom line is they didn't get it done in the end.

I didn't say once that Heat fans were saying Oden is some savior or something. Just saying it's a bit much on the excitement for a guy to play 4 minutes.

Homer? You have the writing of a a teenager who has just started watching basketball. There's a reason you've been banned; you're an immature troll. How am I a homer when I'm not even a Heat fan? I'm a huge LJ fan and that's due to the fact that he's an amazing player who I've been following since his junior year. And no, it's not false that you can outplay someone despite losing to them. Outplaying means you played better than them. Miami played better than them 4-3 times. You use game 6 as an example? They didn't win and that is not called outplaying. Maybe you confused the meaning of the word. What you meant to say was Miami is beatable. Your posts come out as biased 99% of the time and everyone will agree with me here. You put down a player for such and such, but praise every Clippers player you can. Also, if you can't understand why this thread was created, there is reason to believe you are not solemn. It's not about the duration of what he played. It's the fact that he has returned after nearly four years of absence. Surely, if Griffin was injured and could not play for four years, you would be creating five of the same topics and would need tissues for your other needs.

Clippersfan86
10-25-2013, 05:23 PM
It gets worse LMAO. Just a player stan with no team loyalty. Keep it up, maybe some day you'll earn respect.

FlashBolt
10-25-2013, 05:29 PM
It gets worse LMAO. Just a player stan with no team loyalty. Keep it up, maybe some day you'll earn respect.

No team loyalty? So I can't respect and be a fan of another player's game? Everyone must be a stan than because we all respect Jordan and his game. Respect? Hmmm... You got banned from ISH because you trolled way too much. Please don't even have your fingers emulating respect when in ISH, we actually had a group to have you banned. Plus, why are you on here every minute of the damn day? Unless you're a moderator or getting paid, I don't see why you're always on here.

Clippersfan86
10-25-2013, 05:37 PM
No team loyalty? So I can't respect and be a fan of another player's game? Everyone must be a stan than because we all respect Jordan and his game. Respect? Hmmm... You got banned from ISH because you trolled way too much. Please don't even have your fingers emulating respect when in ISH, we actually had a group to have you banned. Plus, why are you on here every minute of the damn day? Unless you're a moderator or getting paid, I don't see why you're always on here.

I never got banned from anywhere from trolling, stop spreading lies. Which team are you a fan of? All I see you do is slobbing on Miami's and Lebron's nuts and bashing the Bulls, so forgive me for not buying your story. I'm on here mobile usually, don't worry I'm okay.

Lord Leoshes
10-25-2013, 05:42 PM

You know I feel the same way, when I saw the movie Rudy, with Sean Astin & he tackled that guy at the end of the movie, i was like what the f..k, ive seen way better tackles then that. :eyebrow:

Lakers + Giants
10-25-2013, 05:53 PM

To be fair, timmy hit a lucky *** shot over shaq as well.

Is it not lucky because it's timmy?

Delrayhc
10-25-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't know why this guy wants my nuts so bad. Maybe he's just mad, I didn't give him knee pads.

I roll you into a blunt and smoke you. You thought you had me, but I butt fu**ed you.
Test my knowledge and your brain will fry. Autonomic nervous system overdrive, won't be able to cry.

Prosports is about to read my wrath. I'm just starting with this worm, don't make me pour the gas.
I'm going to cool this down before I break this guy down into suicidal thoughts.

Premo needs to produce a beat for you.

Lakers + Giants
10-25-2013, 05:58 PM

You're better than weezy, drake, and wiz I'll give you that.

Clippersfan86
10-25-2013, 07:03 PM

Hahaha. Cheers.

FlashBolt
10-25-2013, 10:53 PM

Hahaha. Cheers.
You're pretty sad. You spent that amount of time to create a comeback such as the one you posted? Is mommy still paying for that internet bill of yours? I know some users here are 50, but they are retired. You're in your mid 20's and you spend your time on PSD, creating high school responses because some 18 year old exposed you. Haha, I love it. Failed life.

Clippersfan86
10-25-2013, 11:51 PM
You're pretty sad. You spent that amount of time to create a comeback such as the one you posted? Is mommy still paying for that internet bill of yours? I know some users here are 50, but they are retired. You're in your mid 20's and you spend your time on PSD, creating high school responses because some 18 year old exposed you. Haha, I love it. Failed life.

You're too easy man. Lighten up and enjoy life a little bit more. Who was the 18 year old that exposed me? Exposed me of what? I work full time, I'm college educated, I have a good relationship, I have my own place... if that's failing at life.. you should see the people I grew up with. PSD isn't that serious man. I post a lot mobile because I can get paid to do that (awesome huh?).

IKnowHoops
10-26-2013, 06:34 AM
To be fair, timmy hit a lucky *** shot over shaq as well.

Is it not lucky because it's timmy?

Very true, just like before ray hit that 3 Tony hit a wild circus shot after traveling. Tim's shot was pretty lucky. Fisher's shot was impossible.

naps
10-26-2013, 06:39 AM

What? This is perfectly a worthy thread. The mere fact that this guy is back on the court is a huge news. He's not just another guy. He was supposed to be the next great big aka the second coming of Shaq and was the consensus #1 pick over Kevin Durant. Who cares what he did in a pre-season game? All basketball fans should just be happy and appreciate that he's back on the court again and not complain like you are (Yes, you are complaining. Stop lying that you had no problem with starting this thread like u claimed here. Read that italic part where you set an criteria for which his return to be thread worthy). Listen, don't look at Oden's return as a Heat thing. This is news worthy and definitely a thread worthy for basketball in general. But again who am I talking to? The same guy who makes threads about Blake Griffin's farts and Darren Collison's hair. The same guy who has a tendency to downplay almost everything that's not related to the clips.

Clippersfan86
10-26-2013, 10:35 AM
What? This is perfectly a worthy thread. The mere fact that this guy is back on the court is a huge news. He's not just another guy. He was supposed to be the next great big aka the second coming of Shaq and was the consensus #1 pick over Kevin Durant. Who cares what he did in a pre-season game? All basketball fans should just be happy and appreciate that he's back on the court again and not complain like you are (Yes, you are complaining. Stop lying that you had no problem with starting this thread like u claimed here. Read that italic part where you set an criteria for which his return to be thread worthy). Listen, don't look at Oden's return as a Heat thing. This is news worthy and definitely a thread worthy for basketball in general. But again who am I talking to? The same guy who makes threads about Blake Griffin's farts and Darren Collison's hair. The same guy who has a tendency to downplay almost everything that's not related to the clips.

I really don't have an issue with thread criteria, it was just poor wording on my part. I was trying to say then it would be worthy of being news. Because if you read every single following post outside of my first what I'm attacking is the media coverage, hype surrounding it. I genuinely don't care what threads people make and have acknowledged my own quick trigger on making trivial threads, so you bringing that up again doesn't prove a point or accomplish anything. I made it clear for the OP 4-5 times in here that I am not calling out the actual thread being made.

I definitely do NOT downplay anything not related to the Clippers. There are multiple teams and players here I've made it clear I pull for and homer that aren't Clippers related. I've also debated in threads discussing all time great players for days at a time etc. I have every right to not be excited about Oden's return because I don't want to feel let down again. I told all my buddies he was the next great center and I loved the guy. I thought his defense and rebounding were REALLY special and I remember watching him just dominate people in Portland.

So it's not exciting for me to see him dunk, play 4 minutes, then have sore knees after the game. Although I should have worded it differently so it didn't sound like it was a complaint about the OP, but one about the Oden hype in general. Since that's actually what I feel anyways.

sunsfan88
10-26-2013, 06:11 PM

:speechless:

:worthy:

setman2000
10-26-2013, 06:21 PM
In order to be "back" don't you actually have to be somewhere first? We'll be welcoming him back to the IR before the end of November. There's something not genetically right with this guy, 18yr olds shouldn't look like they're 34.

FlashBolt
10-27-2013, 12:13 AM

You're too easy man. Lighten up and enjoy life a little bit more. Who was the 18 year old that exposed me? Exposed me of what? I work full time, I'm college educated, I have a good relationship, I have my own place... if that's failing at life.. you should see the people I grew up with. PSD isn't that serious man. I post a lot mobile because I can get paid to do that (awesome huh?).

Lol. Guy who spends his time on basketball related sources in every way possible 24/7 is telling me to enjoy life. Haha.

Clippersfan86
10-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Lol. Guy who spends his time on basketball related sources in every way possible 24/7 is telling me to enjoy life. Haha.

Well considering that you have so much resentment towards me and I have zero personal issue with you, yes it's you who needs to enjoy life more. It's really not a big deal man :cool:.