PDA

View Full Version : World Series Game 1: Red Sox vs Cardinals

-Lavigne43-
10-21-2013, 11:13 PM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/4/484/thumbs/48484882013.gif
http://i47.tinypic.com/s6hswh.jpg-----------http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/54/72/thumbs/3zhma0aeq17tktge1huh7yok5.gif

Boston Red Sox -vs- St. Louis Cardinals

Game 1

Wednesday, October 23 - 7:30 ET
TV: FOX

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_452657.jpg-------------http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_425794.jpg

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/logos/30x34/bos_logo.pngLHP Jon Lester vs RHP Adam Wainwrighthttp://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/images/logos/30x34/sln_logo.png

Name
IP
ERA
K/9
BB/9
BABIP
FIP

Lester
213.1 | 19.1
3.75 | 2.33
7.47 | 6.5
2.83 | 3.3

Wainwright
241.2 | 23
2.94 | 1.57
8.16 | 7.8
1.30 | 0.4

http://www.thestadiumshoppe.com/images/MA-161.jpg

-Lavigne43-
10-21-2013, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WIclwwPjm4&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLi70flcQkwNu5AF7ZG41bQtVC2a-KYue6

AI
10-22-2013, 02:05 AM
This waiting for Wednesday, not cool with me. Need my Sox fix now.

Lackeyfan41
10-22-2013, 04:34 AM
This waiting for Wednesday, not cool with me. Need my Sox fix now.
I was worn out, but wednesday is going to be a long wait.

goshhhjosh
10-22-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm hoping that the bats are a little more awake during this game 1 than the ALCS game 1.

I agree with John Farrell's assessment/statement that the Red Sox/AL Team in the World Series suffer more than the NL Team when it comes to playing in the opposing team's park.

It's easier for the NL Team to add another hitter to their lineup, than the AL Team (built around the DH) to subtract a hitter and insert a pitcher...Don't know if I really care for it.

Pittz
10-22-2013, 09:13 AM
34 hours and 17 minutes.

bagwell368
10-22-2013, 11:09 AM
OK, I read through the pitching staff. High percentage of FB's. High BAbip for hitters and low for pitchers

If we can get guy(s) on base with 0 or 1 out at a good clip we will win. Why? It won't be from stealing bases, it'll be because the hitters know FB's are coming, and that very young staff is going to have a couple of guys buckle under the pressure.

Their line-up is better then what we've faced yet in the post season. If Craig is ready to go, it'll be clearly better.

I'll go Sox in 7 on a walk off GS by either Drew, WMB, Salty, or Nava.

p.s. No way Morales should be on the roster.

-Lavigne43-
10-22-2013, 12:47 PM
A Salty/Drew/Lackey MVP would be hilarious. Kelly and Lynn are definitely the shakiest pitchers we've seen since Hellickson.

MG956
10-22-2013, 01:21 PM
OK, I read through the pitching staff. High percentage of FB's. High BAbip for hitters and low for pitchers

If we can get guy(s) on base with 0 or 1 out at a good clip we will win. Why? It won't be from stealing bases, it'll be because the hitters know FB's are coming, and that very young staff is going to have a couple of guys buckle under the pressure.

Their line-up is better then what we've faced yet in the post season. If Craig is ready to go, it'll be clearly better.

I'll go Sox in 7 on a walk off GS by either Drew, WMB, Salty, or Nava.

p.s. No way Morales should be on the roster.

I'll call your crazy and raise you a win in 5 games. Come on guy, a GS walk off?

bagwell368
10-22-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll call your crazy and raise you a win in 5 games. Come on guy, a GS walk off?

We practically had two already. The inning didn't matter in those cases because afterward the Tigers were emotionally whipped.

-Lavigne43-
10-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Why not? I guarantee this happens. It's the 15th inning, game 7. Peavy's pitching, he gives up a 3 run bomb to Pete Kozma. It's over, there are two outs in the bottom of the inning. We never should have traded for this POS. But no! Salty doubles off the wall! Berry miraculously hits a bloop single (he pinch ran earlier)! Wainwright is too scared to pitch to Xander and walks him. Up comes Drew who is 0-30 with 23 K's. Nava is still on the bench, he has yet to play a game in this series, you have to PH him!!! Farrell sticks with his man, causing the suicide of thousands of 'diehard' fans. On an 0-2 count throws a curve similar to the one that vilified Beltran in New York. Good thing Stephen ****ing Drew never takes strike 3! He had watched that 2006 NLCS the night before, knowing that this situation could arise. He connects! It bounces into the triangle taking a freaky hop. Drew rounds third, through the stop sign, no way was he going to waste this opportunity that could be worth millions in free agency. Yadi catches the ball, but Drew barrells into him, knocking the ball loose! McCarver and Buck cry that the play was dirty and should be made illegal. But no one cares, because Stephen ****ing Drew now has the most memorable play in baseball, and he broke his ankle doing it!

Nomar
10-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Why not? I guarantee this happens. It's the 15th inning, game 7. Peavy's pitching, he gives up a 3 run bomb to Pete Kozma. It's over, there are two outs in the bottom of the inning. We never should have traded for this POS. But no! Salty doubles off the wall! Berry miraculously hits a bloop single (he pinch ran earlier)! Wainwright is too scared to pitch to Xander and walks him. Up comes Drew who is 0-30 with 23 K's. Nava is still on the bench, he has yet to play a game in this series, you have to PH him!!! Farrell sticks with his man, causing the suicide of thousands of 'diehard' fans. On an 0-2 count throws a curve similar to the one that vilified Beltran in New York. Good thing Stephen ****ing Drew never takes strike 3! He had watched that 2006 NLCS the night before, knowing that this situation could arise. He connects! It bounces into the triangle taking a freaky hop. Drew rounds third, through the stop sign, no way was he going to waste this opportunity that could be worth millions in free agency. Yadi catches the ball, but Drew barrells into him, knocking the ball loose! McCarver and Buck cry that the play was dirty and should be made illegal. But no one cares, because Stephen ****ing Drew now has the most memorable play in baseball, and he broke his ankle doing it!

u good?

Sarge
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM

LMAO!!!!! I bolded the plausible parts.

Sarge
10-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Seriously, that **** made me laugh out loud.

bagwell368
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Now to be totally serious, if we win: Ells is the MVP of the Series. A LHH that loves FB's facing a team rife with FB throwing RHP? This will fuel the acrimonious Ells debates all the way until the hated Yanks sign him for $22.5M x 6 years - that's $135M.

By 2018 Sox fans will be happy he did since he'll submit 2 seasons of under 50 games played, two other meh years, but he will pull a 2011 type year out of the hat just so NYY fans know what could have been...

mzg32
10-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Does somebody know how's the rest of the rotation set after Lester?

Vincent33
10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Does somebody know how's the rest of the rotation set after Lester?

Game 2: STL- Michael Wacha BOS- John Lackey
Game 3: STL- Joe Kelly BOS- Clay Buchholz
Game 4: STL- Lance Lynn BOS- Jake Peavy

Sweet_Caroline
10-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Thornton and Doubront are throwing sim games. Trainers are conferring. With how vague Farrell was about the Peavy/Buchholz pairing I'm worried something could be wrong with Clay. Or it could be a prelude to leaving Morales off the roster.

-Lavigne43-
10-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Definitely sounds like Clay isn't totally right. He certainly doesn't look close to as good as he was before.

Rivera
10-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Its been too long lol. Hurry up Wednesday

AI
10-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Definitely sounds like Clay isn't totally right. He certainly doesn't look close to as good as he was before.

He looks good, he currently doesn't have the stamina or arm strength to perform this deep into the season. Can't blame him though, he was out for a long time.

Pittz
10-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Well, you can blame him for being out as long as he was.

bagwell368
10-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Thornton and Doubront are throwing sim games. Trainers are conferring. With how vague Farrell was about the Peavy/Buchholz pairing I'm worried something could be wrong with Clay. Or it could be a prelude to leaving Morales off the roster.

They would be idiots to put Morales on the roster.

I would think if Peavy looks anything like the last game early on - Felix will be warming hard and coming in. Turning Beltran around alone is almost worth it.

-Lavigne43-
10-22-2013, 09:41 PM
He looks good, he currently doesn't have the stamina or arm strength to perform this deep into the season. Can't blame him though, he was out for a long time.

The velocity is way down. He was hitting 94, 95 when he was at his best, along with that ridiculous 2seamer he was throwing. I haven't seen that 2seamer since he came back, and the velocity has been 90-92. I've even seen a couple 89's. The curve has shown flashes, and the change was good. He is nowhere close to the guy he was before the injury though. They might think about switching him and Peavy simply because they would trust Peavy more in a game 7.

Fla.SticKy
10-23-2013, 12:07 AM

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: This was REALLY good!!!!!!

tc2deuce
10-23-2013, 12:53 AM
So what was our BA and OBP vs RHP?

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 04:11 AM
The velocity is way down. He was hitting 94, 95 when he was at his best, along with that ridiculous 2seamer he was throwing. I haven't seen that 2seamer since he came back, and the velocity has been 90-92. I've even seen a couple 89's. The curve has shown flashes, and the change was good. He is nowhere close to the guy he was before the injury though. They might think about switching him and Peavy simply because they would trust Peavy more in a game 7.

The same Peavy that has a 10.31 posteason ERA? The same Peavy that walked 3 guys in one inning including Austin Jackson of all people with the bases loaded? I would take a Clay who is not 100% over Peavy in a game 7 any day of the week. I know Peavy could have gotten out of that inning with 1 run if Pedroia fields that DP, but if you walk Austin ****in Jackson with the bases loaded then obviously nerves are a problem here, and it isn't suprising considering how emotional Peavy is that nerves can affect him. Clay on a short leash > crapshoot that is Peavy

bagwell368
10-23-2013, 06:34 AM
The same Peavy that has a 10.31 posteason ERA? The same Peavy that walked 3 guys in one inning including Austin Jackson of all people with the bases loaded? I would take a Clay who is not 100% over Peavy in a game 7 any day of the week. I know Peavy could have gotten out of that inning with 1 run if Pedroia fields that DP, but if you walk Austin ****in Jackson with the bases loaded then obviously nerves are a problem here, and it isn't suprising considering how emotional Peavy is that nerves can affect him. Clay on a short leash > crapshoot that is Peavy

Peavy had a broken rib in his first post season start, and he looked good vs TB a few weeks ago. However he looked awful vs the Tigers - although Pedroia screwed him.

BTW, Buchholz threw a couple of 2 seamers vs the Tigers, not as crisp as earlier in the year, but he needs to at least partially channel Tiant in the 1975 WS Game 1 when he had nothing, and levitated a CG shutout on 173 pitches.

BoSox47
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM
cardinals didnt fair well against the AL WEST this year, i imagine wainright will win one and wacha will steal a game but i see red sox in 6. I really feel as though the national league is AAAA

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Peavy had a broken rib in his first post season start, and he looked good vs TB a few weeks ago. However he looked awful vs the Tigers - although Pedroia screwed him.

BTW, Buchholz threw a couple of 2 seamers vs the Tigers, not as crisp as earlier in the year, but he needs to at least partially channel Tiant in the 1975 WS Game 1 when he had nothing, and levitated a CG shutout on 173 pitches.

This. Peavy was great vs Tampa, awful in his last start. The defense did screw him over though. Clay has looked very mediocre in all his starts. I'd trust Peavy more in a game 7, with Lester quickly in if he looks off (walking guys)

I think that Clay might have been a nervous wreck in that last game too. In the first inning taking an hour between pitches, obviously he got spoken to about that since he picked up the speed a little afterwards. None of our pitchers looked as relieved as Clay coming out of that game.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:57 AM
cardinals didnt fair well against the AL WEST this year, i imagine wainright will win one and wacha will steal a game but i see red sox in 6. I really feel as though the national league is AAAA

That explains why they have won the last 3 WS

Melo15
10-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm a tad bit excited about the game tonight.

Rivera
10-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I AM GOING TO TONIGHTS GAME!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :dance:

Melo15
10-23-2013, 12:44 PM
You lucky son of a *****

Rivera
10-23-2013, 12:55 PM
hahaha i got a text this morning from my friend that said we are going to the game

i asked how you got the tickets? he told me his boss cant go because he works late and has to do something with his wife so he gave him the tickets!

im gonna be in right field!!!!! soooo amped i need to start drinking. but i gotta leave school first

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Worst wife in the world right there, lol

Rivera
10-23-2013, 01:08 PM
agreed but i love her lmao

Pittz
10-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Got two tickets to tomorrow's game for face value. I can't even handle myself, too excited!

Melo15
10-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Do you handle yourself often?

bagwell368
10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Do you handle yourself often?

My experience with Pittz is that he needs to be handled with kid gloves.... YMMV.

AI
10-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Sox in 6.

Nomar
10-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Sox in 5

Nomar
10-23-2013, 05:45 PM
I feel like this STL team is very overrated this time around. Love the way they built their team and respect them, but they aren't gonna be able to hang.

Pittz
10-23-2013, 05:52 PM
I was more worried about the Rays and Tigers than I am the Cards... Which probably means the Red Sox will get swept.

And I can generally handle myself just fine, thank you very much. Kids gloves or not.

Green_Monster
10-23-2013, 06:02 PM
I picked the Red Sox in 4 against the Rays, and Red Sox in 6 against the Tigers. I'm going with the Red Sox in 6.

BSD8393
10-23-2013, 06:22 PM
I picked the Red Sox in 4 against the Rays, and Red Sox in 6 against the Tigers. I'm going with the Red Sox in 6.
All of our predictions are exactly the same. We must be soulmates.

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 06:22 PM
I think the Cardinals are quite a match for us, actually. We will be lucky if it does not go to 7 games.

We have been used to facing solid starters, with disappointing bullpens. Not so with the Cardinals. I don't see any area we are superior in, with their lineup just as good as ours.

bagwell368
10-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I think the Cardinals are quite a match for us, actually. We will be lucky if it does not go to 7 games.

We have been used to facing solid starters, with disappointing bullpens. Not so with the Cardinals. I don't see any area we are superior in, with their lineup just as good as ours.

Our D is better - even including catcher which they obviously beat us with ease. In St. L our OF D (CF and RF kills theirs) but Ortiz hurts us at 1B a bit. Our base running is better.

They are putting a lot of pressure on their returning slugger - Craig by batting him 4th, my one wish for this game outside of a score is that he goes 0 for, and looks bad doing it, which will cause ripples for them for maybe the rest of the Series.

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Agreed. We do likely have the overall defensive edge, yes, and has been important for us to get here.

Cardinals have the pitching to continue keeping this offense quiet without the poor bullpen to let us back in so it will be different than the breaks we got previously.

These Red Sox earned it, no doubt about it. A really great and finding ways to win team. I just hope it comes down to who really is better. No controversies or injuries.

poprocksncoke
10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Bats wake up tonight! Lets goooooooo.............

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Lets do Wainwright like we did Price.

BSD8393
10-23-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm super jazzed up right now.

The Allen
10-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Exeerrrrrrted.

Pedroia
10-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Mary J. Blige was more than a little choked up for the anthem.

AI
10-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Legooooooooo

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Lets do Wainwright like we did Price.

Sounds pretty kinky

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Great start. Now lets bash some curveballs

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Wainwright got out Fenway'd by the dugout.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Wainwright got out Fenway'd by the dugout.

The first of many hits

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Papi was in this same exact spot nine years ago...

...and hit a HR.

-Lavigne43-
Lots of high fastballs, hopefully they go high into the seats

BSD8393
Wainwright looks very hittable tonight.

Green_Monster
10-23-2013, 08:29 PM
What the ****?

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:29 PM
What the **** Ump!? ****ing seriously! What a horrible call

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:30 PM
He was right in ****ing front of it too!

BSD8393
10-23-2013, 08:30 PM
What a terrible ****ing call.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Get out the red hanky.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Thank god. How the **** did he miss that?

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Props to the umpires.

Green_Monster
There we go, good thing they changed the call.

EEasyA
Right call.

10-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Glad its corrected

GreatOdinsRaven
10-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I cannot believe they over turned that. They got the call right, but....wow.

10-23-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't know how he thought that was on the transfer. I immediately said safe watching it live.

-Lavigne43-
Got to get it done now. Wainwright could settled down if he gets out of this

3-0!!!!! :clap:

Green_Monster
Napoli!

-Lavigne43-
**** yeah!

EEasyA
Nap.

redsox0717
:dance::dance::dance:

The Allen
10-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

AI
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
What a perfect start.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Get one more in X

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Damn. Shut them down Lester.

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Good thing no controversy .... but credit for doing the right thing. Great start.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:44 PM
That cutter was filth

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Filthy cutter. Just don't fall in love with it.

redsox0717
Very sharp.

-Lavigne43-
22 pitches through 2.

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Keep making Wainwright work.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Drew is due

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Wowwwwwwww Cardinals WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

redsox0717
Wow. The Cardinals are choking.

BSD8393
Hahahaha

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Drew is due

OK. That counts.

GreatOdinsRaven
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Ha!

Soxfan85
10-23-2013, 08:53 PM
HA HA

Adam: I got it

Molina: No I got it

Ball drops: Nobody got it :laugh:

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Needed to at least move the runners over.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:56 PM
OK. That counts.

Who needs Iglesias!

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Oh my. Time for the KOZZZZ-MAAA chants

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Come on insurance, get a couple more across.

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Oh my this is not happening.

-Lavigne43-
Things couldn't be any better right now.

redsox0717
Well, this couldn't have started any better.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Wow

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 09:04 PM
That probably would have been a home run in about 20 other stadiums. Oh well.

AI
10-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Damn Beltran, grand slam there would've been awesome.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:08 PM
60 pitches

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
The only good thing about that robbery is that I didn't think it was going out the way he routinely went after/ caught it. No excitement to be crushed

Nighthawk
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
60 pitches through 2 innings lmao

Awesome start...

This sox team is just insane right now

Lil Rhody
10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Bags you are to much u said we had an advantage at d and it shows they look bad

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Beltran out of the game

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
That ****ing cutter!

redsoxknicks
10-23-2013, 09:15 PM
I said before the game - no controversies or injuries, and we have both in the first game. Hope Beltran will be all right.

TedWilliams9
10-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Lester is DEALING!

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Lester lives for moments like these, he seems to pitch better the bigger the stage.

AI
The only good thing about that robbery is that I didn't think it was going out the way he routinely went after/ caught it. No excitement to be crushed

Noticed the replay where he was running back to the dugout where he was grimacing, looks like he hurt one of his ribs or shoulder. Sucks, because this is his first world series.

BSD8393
Looks like five runs will be plenty for Lester tonight.

Nighthawk
10-23-2013, 09:18 PM
No beltran is huuuuge

AI
Gomes just ahead of that, had bomb written all over it.

redsoxknicks
Lester is shining.

redsox0717
Noticed the replay where he was running back to the dugout where he was grimacing, looks like he hurt one of his ribs or shoulder. Sucks, because this is his first world series.

Call me a dick, but I'll take any advantage we can get with open arms. I'll have plenty of time to feel sorry for the opposing players once the series is over.

AI
10-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Waino has made Xander look human.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Come on Lester.

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Please DP

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Please DP

He's certainly getting the groundballs to do that

EEasyA
10-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Settle down Lester.

otwisted
10-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Please DP

There ya go.

redsox0717
And there it is! Huge!

Nighthawk
Come on!!!!

-Lavigne43-
Nice!!! Lester's best career throw to a base is homeplate

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Settle down Lester.

Other than the walk it was really just bad luck. Seeing eye grounders.

AI
10-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Huge double play.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:43 PM
I don't know if it's the camera angle, but seems like Wainwright is getting strikes Lester isn't

AI
10-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I don't know if it's the camera angle, but seems like Wainwright is getting strikes Lester isn't

Definitely has gotten a lot of questionable calls. The home plate ump is a pitchers ump though, they said it before the game so it's to be expected.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Lol GOMES!

MiamiBoy77
10-23-2013, 09:54 PM
love the way were playing right now. these guys are on a mission.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Damn Gomes. We're giving them opportunities to get back in the game

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Let's see if Lester can escape again.

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Nice.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Nicely done.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:06 PM
This looks like a Naps K. Swinging for the fences

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Nice clean inning. One more inning for him I assume.

Pittz
10-23-2013, 10:18 PM
What's Lester at, 80-85 pitches? I wouldn't be shocked if he came out for the 8th if he has a quick 7th. Just have to have someone warming.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Bogey's gonna get benched:(

AI
10-23-2013, 10:32 PM

Better not.

redsox0717
10-23-2013, 10:33 PM
:k:

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:34 PM
102 pitches, 5 run lead. Great last two innings, but why empty the tank tonight, keep him fresh for game 5.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:35 PM

After the game "If I see Axford again I will definitely do damage against him"

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Those flags they handed out are pathetically small. Something for a drink.

BSD8393
10-23-2013, 10:36 PM
That Marine was pumped.

AI
10-23-2013, 10:37 PM
That was hilarious. :laugh2:

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Best GBA ever

BSD8393
10-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Papi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:47 PM
96 in, 126 out! 7-0!!!!!!

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Morales time!!!!!!!!!! Just kiddin

AI
10-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Large Father!

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Disagree with keeping Lester out there with a 7 run lead. Why make him work more?

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Terrific job by Lester

AI
10-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Terrific job by Lester

This.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 1m
Jon Lester became the 60th pitcher in MLB history with 10+ postseason starts tonight. His playoff ERA: 2.07, 3rd best of that group.

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 51s
1) Mathewson 0.97 ERA 2) Hoyt 1.85 ERA 3) Lester 2.07 ERA 4) Schilling 2.23 ERA

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Like letting Taz get his feet wet now rather than a close game.

AI
10-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Xander's going deep this inning, book it.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Nice of Matheny to show us all of his best relievers.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Oh my god, it's Daniel Nava

AI
10-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Nava is alive, I can't believe my eyes.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Intangibles>tangibles

Lackeyfan41
10-23-2013, 11:08 PM
should have pinch hit WMB, he needs an AB before he PH in St. Louis, same with Carp

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:11 PM
If WMB is PH'ing we are in trouble. Ortiz/Naps, Nava/Gomes, Carp are all above him. For him to PH means we PH for the pitcher 4 times.

AI
10-23-2013, 11:12 PM
should have pinch hit WMB, he needs an AB before he PH in St. Louis, same with Carp

No. Xander needs to face these relievers from STL so he has some experience facing them as the series goes on.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:16 PM
"You can guarantee he won't be wearing such a stratospheric number next year. Probably something in the 40's or 30's I'd imagine". And if he wins ROY he might crack the 20's!

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Ok, take Dempster out and never let him pitch again

The Allen
10-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Ok, take Dempster out and never let him pitch again

I didn't see who they put in because i was playing GTA and all of a sudden i heard Matt take one yard so i turned around thinking Taz was in but sure enough the guy who should never pitch in the World Series is getting some work in.

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Even the popouts go really far off Dempster

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:25 PM
That was an out. Too bad, would have been a hilarious end to the game

-Lavigne43-
10-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Nice to take game 1. 3 more W's.

Lackeyfan41
10-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Lets win tomorrow. I don't want to go back to St.Louis tied with Ortiz/Napoli out of the lineup. Even though we should have the pitching advantage in the first 2 games

AI
10-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Lets win tomorrow. I don't want to go back to St.Louis tied with Ortiz/Napoli out of the lineup. Even though we should have the pitching advantage in the first 2 games

Peavy's not really an advantage right now. Don't really know what we'll get out of him.

Melo15
10-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Yayz!

tc2deuce
10-24-2013, 12:02 AM
I heart this team......good night

Chargedx
10-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Congrats on your guys W tonight. I don't think my Cards can recover if Wacha can't get the win tomorrow. Anyways congrats on the win, your offense is amazing.

Rivera
10-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Great game 1 so much fun

GrkGawdofWalkz
10-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Lester was brilliant last night. He got out of his only bad inning on a ground ball out. The top of the order did a great job as did the clutch middle. I loved the game. Go Red Sox.

wolf82
10-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Not only was Lester on fire, he saved the pen by pitching into the 8th

bagwell368
10-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Wise to get Nava the PA, wish they did the same for WMB. Good to get Dempster out there as well.

bagwell368
10-24-2013, 08:29 AM
No. Xander needs to face these relievers from STL so he has some experience facing them as the series goes on.

I wouldn't pull Xander, but Drew, and flip XB to SS.

bagwell368
10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 1m
Jon Lester became the 60th pitcher in MLB history with 10+ postseason starts tonight. His playoff ERA: 2.07, 3rd best of that group.

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 51s
1) Mathewson 0.97 ERA 2) Hoyt 1.85 ERA 3) Lester 2.07 ERA 4) Schilling 2.23 ERA

Nice stat, but before Divisional play really tough to get those starts - such as Koufax...

Lots of folks here wanted him gone and decried the lack of an ace around here, but he was here all along.

Bird Fan
10-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Great game, great start. Need a solid game tonight from JL. Would be great to go up 2-0. Looks like Papi at first in STL, man he's swinging a hot bat. Go Sox!

The great Fall classic!

Super.
10-24-2013, 10:36 AM

:clap:

You earned this (http://i.imgur.com/7vnSDiI.jpg) <---

EEasyA
10-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Cards Minor Leaguer Tyler Melling Accuses Lester of Doctoring the Ball. Story is on WEEI.

10-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Cards Minor Leaguer Tyler Melling Accuses Lester of Doctoring the Ball. Story is on WEEI.
That team is always stretching for something. Kinda like their pitcher going up and in after the time call. The baseball world seems to think they're this world class team that is nothing but sportsmanship, but I beg to differ.

Station 13
10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Cards play like **** after 2 inning , they deserved to lose last night.