#tankforwiggins

beasted86
10-21-2013, 07:18 PM
#tankforwiggins

This.

Clippersfan86
10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
#tankforwiggins

My first thought lol. The most funny part is the agent for Noel came out right away and said.. hey wait a minute.. that's not necessarily true LMAO.

NYKnickFanatic
10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
#tankforwiggins

Pretty much.

Stunner
10-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Watch them not get wiggins lol

jp611
10-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Tank City

DallasTrilla23
10-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Evan Turner is packing his bags as we speak

Bruno
10-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Wiggins/Noel could be a dangerously bright future..

Tony_Starks
10-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Evan Turner for 2025 second round draft picks!

Stunner
10-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Yea they won't let Evan leave for nothing , he's going to get traded . Bucks , Kings and Cavs could use a SF .

Kashmir13579
10-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Noel aint all that. All hype with nothing to show for it. I'm glad he passed up Cuse.

Knowledge
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I think people are missing out on how many talented players will (could) be available next year besides Wiggins.

Swashcuff
10-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Everyone's focusing so much on the tank part quite honestly I could care less, Noel or no Noel we're still going to be in the running for the number 1 pick. My concern is the dudes long term health. For the sake of the 76ers if the injury really needs that long to heal I hope he follows the Blake Griffin mold more so than the Greg Oden.

I'm also a bit confused with the conflicting reports, I mean though ESPN's report has been updated more recently Jake Fischer also tweeted that his doctors doesn't view this as a setback.

Vinny642
10-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Loving that Jrue ;)

Stunner
10-21-2013, 08:26 PM
I think people are missing out on how many talented players will (could) be available next year besides Wiggins.

Nobody is but there main concern is Wiggins , if not him they will get Parker , Randle , or the SG from Australia.

Vinny642
10-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Parker is still my favorite out of those

JWO35
10-21-2013, 08:33 PM
This may be the fastest "Tank Now..." ever...before the season even starts :laugh:

IndyRealist
10-21-2013, 08:43 PM
This may be the fastest "Tank Now..." ever...before the season even starts :laugh:

I dunno. Milwaukee started tanking at the trade deadline when they traded promising young players for expiring contracts they didn't resign.

FlashBolt
10-21-2013, 08:44 PM
There needs to be a new rule banning tanking. It may be difficult but for the spirit of the game, it's pretty pathetic. I know it's tough to grab superstars, but doing this really hurts the league - even though it's been done for decades.

Lakers + Giants
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
I see they're trying to out-tank us. . .

GiantsSwaGG
10-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Dude has a girl body and quite frankly he will be a bust

THE MTL
10-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Noel has bust written all over him. A 7fter who weighs 200lbs is a RED flag and trading Jrue holiday....a proven nba allstar from him was STUPID!

GiantsSwaGG
10-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Noel has bust written all over him. A 7fter who weighs 200lbs is a RED flag and trading Jrue holiday....a proven nba allstar from him was STUPID!

Jared Jeffries has more meat than him

DallasTrilla23
10-21-2013, 10:54 PM

They did it for dat number one pick.

bootsy
10-21-2013, 11:05 PM

LOL at Holiday a proven all star. He was an All Star because Rondo and Rose were hurt and the Sixers weren't going anywhere with Holiday. And I guess your ignorant *** didn't realize the Sixers also got N.O.'s 1st round pick in that trade as well. Noel will be fine once he's healed. LOL at people claiming he's a bust based off of what. I'll tell you what nothing except you needed to find someone in this draft to call a bust and this is the first one to come to mind because he will be out next year.

beasted86
10-21-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't see Noel as a bust. He is a project.

He has a high motor and size. Those two things alone in the NBA equals at least 10/8/2. See Javale McGee, DeAndre Jordan, etc... you don't even need a high IQ or a good FT shot.

Westbrook36
10-21-2013, 11:32 PM

If he doesn't play this season there is absolutely no chance he shows up next season at 206 pounds, regardless of if he plays he's going to be adding weight (He likely already has).

PowerHouse
10-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Philly has the best luck with centers dont they? smh.

JNA17
10-22-2013, 04:18 AM
I can't believe there were people here that thought that was a good trade for both sides between the Pelicans and 76ers. Hell, some even said 76ers won the trade. :facepalm:

Noel is a nobody who has glass knees and we all knew this before he was even drafted. Jrue is a freaking all star and only 23 years old. The only bright spot in that trade was getting a first from the Pelicans even though that won't mean much since their a 7/8 seed playoff team now. Basically, Pelicans drafted Jrue Holiday.

76ers are gonna regret this big time. They might get Wiggens next year but they won't have an all star PG on their team any time soon.

D-Leethal
10-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Is there anything out there to suggest Noel is any better than Stromile Swift or Tyrus Thomas?

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 10:06 AM
There needs to be a new rule banning tanking. It may be difficult but for the spirit of the game, it's pretty pathetic. I know it's tough to grab superstars, but doing this really hurts the league - even though it's been done for decades.

but it was ok for the Clippers to shut Griffin down for the season? its called protecting your investement. Noel wasnt gonna play in many games to begin with.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Is there anything out there to suggest Noel is any better than Stromile Swift or Tyrus Thomas?

is ther anything to suggest the opposite? Knicks fan just mad Philly's future is looking bright while theyre stuck with horrible contracts and on the verge of losing Melo

Denver-boy
10-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Dude has a girl body and quite frankly he will be a bust

what girls do you date that have a body like noel??? :shrug:

Swashcuff
10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I can't believe there were people here that thought that was a good trade for both sides between the Pelicans and 76ers. Hell, some even said 76ers won the trade. :facepalm:

Noel is a nobody who has glass knees and we all knew this before he was even drafted. Jrue is a freaking all star and only 23 years old. The only bright spot in that trade was getting a first from the Pelicans even though that won't mean much since their a 7/8 seed playoff team now. Basically, Pelicans drafted Jrue Holiday.

76ers are gonna regret this big time. They might get Wiggens next year but they won't have an all star PG on their team any time soon.

I'm one of the few 76ers fans who don't really buy the whole tank thing (because I don't really like to count chickens before the eggs has hatched especially with something like a lottery) but if we indeed get Wiggins and he pans out into a perennial all star/ borderline superstar do you think we loss that trade in the end? I mean the PG is currently the most saturated position in the NBA its the era of the point guard getting a quality starting PG wont be hard but getting a legit number one AND a quality defensive C (potentially) in Noel would be seen as a massive victory for Philly. I know these are a bunch of what ifs but just answer the question.

ackar
10-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Tanking for Andrew 'Ender' Wiggins and not even trying to hide it. did the 76ers give the money back to season ticket holders yet? if not they should and some of that t.v. revenue they will be hard to watch. sorry sixers fans.

PurpleLynch
10-22-2013, 10:57 AM
what girls do you date that have a body like noel??? :shrug:

This comment is awesome :D

D-Leethal
10-22-2013, 10:58 AM

is ther anything to suggest the opposite? Knicks fan just mad Philly's future is looking bright while theyre stuck with horrible contracts and on the verge of losing Melo

Damn someone's angry.

I would say there body types, skillsets and NBA projections at the time of the draft are extremely similar.

And what exactly is bright about Phillys future. A 10% chance at the #1 pick? Your future is on par with Charlotte and Sacramento actually and it ain't that bright.

And theres not one person in NY worried about Melo leaving. Most are worried what were gonna have to pay him.

Swashcuff
10-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Damn someone's angry.

I would say there body types, skillsets and NBA projections at the time of the draft are extremely similar.

And what exactly is bright about Phillys future. A 10% chance at the #1 pick? Your future is on par with Charlotte and Sacramento actually and it ain't that bright.

And theres not one person in NY worried about Melo leaving. Most are worried what were gonna have to pay him.

Except for the fact that Noel was seen as a much better defensive player in damn near every aspect than them both who has an excellent motor and was an extremely hard worker coming up through the ranks. I'm not getting on board with that calling out Knicks fans BS but what he said is true, there is nothing to suggest that he can't be the next Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby rather than the next Tyrus Thomas/Stromile Swift.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 11:17 AM
why would i be angry? The future is bright here rather you wanna acknowledge it or not. Im not even high on Noel but the kid should at the worst be a Tyson Chandler type player on D and around the rim.

DallasTrilla23
10-22-2013, 11:49 AM
what girls do you date that have a body like noel??? :shrug: the best girls

NoahH
10-22-2013, 12:39 PM
As much as I thought... "wow 76ers effed up" I then realized that the GM probably planned this haha. As stated above, tank this year and feast on the sick draft class next year. Even if they dont get Wiggins theyll have a good lineup.

Eg:

PG Carter-Williams
SG Evan Turner
SF Wiggins / Jabari Parker / Glenn Robinson / Julius Randle etc etc.
PF Thad Young
C Nerlens Noel

something like that..

D-Leethal
10-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Damn someone's angry.

Except for the fact that Noel was seen as a much better defensive player in damn near every aspect than them both who has an excellent motor and was an extremely hard worker coming up through the ranks. I'm not getting on board with that calling out Knicks fans BS but what he said is true, there is nothing to suggest that he can't be the next Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby rather than the next Tyrus Thomas/Stromile Swift.

Very fair points on TC and Marcus. I havent seen enough of him to know about his defensive IQ but that's likely the deal breaker between being Stro or MC. Such a fine line between boom and bust in this league.

FlashBolt
10-22-2013, 12:48 PM
but it was ok for the Clippers to shut Griffin down for the season? its called protecting your investement. Noel wasnt gonna play in many games to begin with.

That wasn't what I was saying. I'm stating that too many teams are tanking regardless of injuries. It's bad for the league because this saturates games and players are put in unfair situations.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 12:54 PM
its not tanking its rebuilding. Why stay medicore for however long it lasts? Magic, Sixers, Suns, Bucks are heading in the right direction to rebuild the franchises.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 12:58 PM
As much as I thought... "wow 76ers effed up" I then realized that the GM probably planned this haha. As stated above, tank this year and feast on the sick draft class next year. Even if they dont get Wiggins theyll have a good lineup.

Eg:

PG Carter-Williams
SG Evan Turner
SF Wiggins / Jabari Parker / Glenn Robinson / Julius Randle etc etc.
PF Thad Young
C Nerlens Noel

something like that..

well we arent expecting Turner or Thad to be on the team past deadline this year. Either could remain here but I wouldnt expect both. ET will be the #1 guy this year so he can up his value if he plays good and Thad is a toss up since he has multiple years on his deal.

Ideally we would like to see something like

MCW
SG with the Pelicans pick-Harris, Young, Harrison, etc
Wiggins/Parker with our pick
Stop gap FA or pursue Monroe as RFA
Noel

something along them lines

D-Leethal
10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
its not tanking its rebuilding. Why stay medicore for however long it lasts? Magic, Sixers, Suns, Bucks are heading in the right direction to rebuild the franchises.

And only one is gonna luck into the next LeBron James.

How many squads rebuild for what seems like decades? Just cause you tear it down doesn't mean your all going to miraculously rebuild into a contender or luck into a #1 pick. All your doing is giving yourself about a 12% chance which leaves you with an 82% chance of being right back at square one the next year (based on absolutely nothing but my own approximations).

How long have we seen CHA, SAC, MINNY rebuild? Unless you luck into the next great superstar, which about one team every few years usually does, your just gonna be a crappy young team year after year praying for a lottery miracle...

D-Leethal
10-22-2013, 01:10 PM
All that said, many teams have no other choice but to go that route...

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2013, 01:24 PM
This isn't news...we knew this was a possibility if it happens when the trade was made...January was possible when we made the deal.

Clippersfan86
10-22-2013, 01:27 PM

This is dumb lol. Griffin broke his Patella which is a 4-5 months recovery including rehab. Considering it happened at the end of preseason... do the math on how long a season is. The Clippers didn't shut him down to tank, that was the normal recovery time. Noel's projected recovery time is being extended 3-4 months just because, with no setback. Clearly a difference.

76erEaglePhils
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
is ther anything to suggest the opposite? Knicks fan just mad Philly's future is looking bright while theyre stuck with horrible contracts and on the verge of losing MeloThat just about sums it up.

76erEaglePhils
10-22-2013, 02:08 PM
This isn't news...we knew this was a possibility if it happens when the trade was made...January was possible when we made the deal.I agree I just don't think Philly should have come out with this until they knew for certain Nerlens was absolutely not going to be able to return for this season.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
And only one is gonna luck into the next LeBron James.

How many squads rebuild for what seems like decades? Just cause you tear it down doesn't mean your all going to miraculously rebuild into a contender or luck into a #1 pick. All your doing is giving yourself about a 12% chance which leaves you with an 82% chance of being right back at square one the next year (based on absolutely nothing but my own approximations).

How long have we seen CHA, SAC, MINNY rebuild? Unless you luck into the next great superstar, which about one team every few years usually does, your just gonna be a crappy young team year after year praying for a lottery miracle...

its a process its not just abot 2014 draft, its about 2015 too and having money to spend in FA on guys like Monroe, Love, LMA etc who quite possibly could be leaving their teams. its better to tear it down and start over then be stuck as a 7-10 seed every year with no chance of being a contender

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
This is dumb lol. Griffin broke his Patella which is a 4-5 months recovery including rehab. Considering it happened at the end of preseason... do the math on how long a season is. The Clippers didn't shut him down to tank, that was the normal recovery time. Noel's projected recovery time is being extended 3-4 months just because, with no setback. Clearly a difference.

relax i was using that example lightly. Girffin could have still came back had thy chose to allow it. Both situations are the same where neither player was going to have much impact if any on the season.

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I agree I just don't think Philly should have come out with this until they knew for certain Nerlens was absolutely not going to be able to return for this season.

Its better to say he'll be out all year and he plays 10 games....we knew this, I don't see anything wrong with this. Not saying anything is saying he'll be back in January because that was the expectation they had set. They might be being extra cautious with information because of Bynum.

Clippersfan86
10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
relax i was using that example lightly. Girffin could have still came back had thy chose to allow it. Both situations are the same where neither player was going to have much impact if any on the season.

Makes no sense. He couldn't have come back because he was only out as long as the recovery time called for... Noel on the other hand was projected as Dec-Jan and recently was said to be ahead of schedule and doing great in rehab. Then all the sudden it's the entire season?? That's clearly tanking and it's coming from a team everybody knew was going all out on the tank job.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 03:16 PM
doesnt matter if he plays hes not going to impact our record. He hasnt even been offically ruled out in the first place.

kobe4thewinbang
10-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Dear lord...first they gamble on Bynum (who didn't play all year) and now Noel? Jeez, runner-up for most cursed team in the league behind Portland and possibly Minnesota.

SugeKnight
10-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Way too early to call him a bust. I think he'll be fine.

6ers are going to be trash this year (even if Noel was healthy)

hotdalton18
10-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Why would he play this year?

Just wait till next when u add another top guy

2-ONE-5
10-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Dear lord...first they gamble on Bynum (who didn't play all year) and now Noel? Jeez, runner-up for most cursed team in the league behind Portland and possibly Minnesota.

injuries are nothing alike.

krazylegz
10-22-2013, 06:34 PM
if the cavs had taken him...the media wouldnt be able to move fast enough to trash cleveland sports again..for once they dodged a bullet

Clippersfan86
10-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Why would he play this year?

Just wait till next when u add another top guy

Exactly. I'd be pissed if I was a fan of the Sixers and they were trying to win this year instead of tanking. What I get a kick out of tho.. are the Sixers fans arguing that the team ISN'T tanking when it's clear to everybody else what they are doing lol.

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Exactly. I'd be pissed if I was a fan of the Sixers and they were trying to win this year instead of tanking. What I get a kick out of tho.. are the Sixers fans arguing that the team ISN'T tanking when it's clear to everybody else what they are doing lol.

I think you need to learn to read or develop reading comprehension skills.

Clippersfan86
10-22-2013, 07:35 PM
I think you need to learn to read or develop reading comprehension skills.

Show me where I said you were doing that? It's definitely being said by some Sixers fan I've argued with.

Hawkeye15
10-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Everyone's focusing so much on the tank part quite honestly I could care less, Noel or no Noel we're still going to be in the running for the number 1 pick. My concern is the dudes long term health. For the sake of the 76ers if the injury really needs that long to heal I hope he follows the Blake Griffin mold more so than the Greg Oden..

exactly

BearsBullsSox
10-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Who ever thought the Sixers were going to play him this year to begin with? Dude's a rookie with many years ahead of him, you let old guys like Kobe whose clock is already ticking go out there and ruin themselves before healing, but not prospect rookies or young stars. Same thing Clippers did when Blake Griffin got injured before his rookie season, they sat his azzz a whole year. Was his knee AS bad all year long as the team claimed, and could he have played at least couple games during that season? Probably, but the future is more important. Whoever drafted Noel wasn't going to play him this season, Sixers or not.

Clippersfan86
10-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Who ever thought the Sixers were going to play him this year to begin with? Dude's a rookie with many years ahead of him, you let old guys like Kobe whose clock is already ticking go out there and ruin themselves before healing, but not prospect rookies or young stars. Same thing Clippers did when Blake Griffin got injured before his rookie season, they sat his azzz a whole year. Was his knee AS bad all year long as the team claimed, and could he have played at least couple games during that season? Probably, but the future is more important. Whoever drafted Noel wasn't going to play him this season, Sixers or not.

I addressed this on the last page and it's beyond being a dumb example. People are so ignorant sometimes SMH. Blake injured his knee in late October at the end of preseason. The MRI initially showed a bunch of swelling so they rested him a while and when it didn't get any better after I believe it was 3 or 4 weeks... then they did another MRI and realized he had a fractured knee cap. The recovery on that is 4-5 months... so no he couldn't have come back if he wanted to.

Clippersfan86
10-22-2013, 08:38 PM
First and foremost: that's scary for Wall and his health. A broken knee cap is what sidelined Blake Griffin for his entire rookie season and was one of the injuries that spiraled Greg Oden's career out of control.

Reporter: Is your injury -- I saw a report that said -- similar to Blake Griffin's?

John Wall: He broke his kneecap. I think mine was just a stress fracture where I was in the beginning stages of breaking my kneecap. It was lucky I caught it before it broke, and I would already know what my timetable is: I would miss the whole season. And I had a little bit of cartilage problems. Underneath my kneecap it's kind of rough.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/10/14/4839040/john-wall-injury-kneecap-fracture-washington-wizards

SeoulBeatz
10-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Show me where I said you were doing that? It's definitely being said by some Sixers fan I've argued with.

Kinda surprised to hear this. I can't recall any Sixer fan I've talked to who's denied we're tanking.

I mean c'mon, the top thread in the Sixers forum is "THE TANK THREAD- ALL THINGS TANKADELPHIA"

I think we know the deal...

Clippersfan86
10-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Kinda surprised to hear this. I can't recall any Sixer fan I've talked to who's denied we're tanking.

I mean c'mon, the top thread in the Sixers forum is "THE TANK THREAD- ALL THINGS TANKADELPHIA"

I think we know the deal...

Maybe it was a misunderstanding then on my part. But just stop comparing it to the Blake Griffin situation FFS people :p