PDA

View Full Version : A different perspective on the teams troubles

SLY WILLIAMS
10-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I know a lot of us have been down on some of the "scrubs" for a better word but I decided to take a different look. There is a saying that goes "When much is given much is expected". Based on that saying instead of looking at our worst players I want to take a look at the players based on salary. I never do this but at this point I will because those are the players that should be carrying the team based on their contracts.

Brad-9.0 mill (Playing well so far but not like a 9 mill player)
Nash-7.8 mill (Injured. Does not play like a 8 mill player)
Lundy-5.1 mill (Has not been the Lundy of old)
Cally-4.8 mill (Has played well)
MCD- 4.0 mill (Has not looked like MCD so far)
Staal-3.9 mill (Some good. Some bad)
Brass- 3.7mill (Where did he go?)
Dan G-3.5 mill (Not good)
MDZ -2.9 mill (Benched last game)
Step- 3.8 mill next season (Not there yet)

Based on salary those are the guys that need to carry the load for this team. The scrubs may play like scrubs but they are mostly paid like scrubs.

Redfish
10-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I know a lot of us have been down on some of the "scrubs" for a better word but I decided to take a different look. There is a saying that goes "When much is given much is expected". Based on that saying instead of looking at our worst players I want to take a look at the players based on salary. I never do this but at this point I will because those are the players that should be carrying the team based on their contracts.

Brad-9.0 mill (Playing well so far but not like a 9 mill player)
Nash-7.8 mill (Injured. Does not play like a 8 mill player)
Lundy-5.1 mill (Has not been the Lundy of old)
Cally-4.8 mill (Has played well)
MCD- 4.0 mill (Has not looked like MCD so far)
Staal-3.9 mill (Some good. Some bad)
Brass- 3.7mill (Where did he go?)
Dan G-3.5 mill (Not good)
MDZ -2.9 mill (Benched last game)
Step- 3.8 mill next season (Not there yet)

Based on salary those are the guys that need to carry the load for this team. The scrubs may play like scrubs but they are mostly paid like scrubs.

When you list our entire group of leadership, it suggests something is very wrong; something beyond injuries, road trip and Xs & Os.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-20-2013, 04:24 PM
When you list our entire group of leadership, it suggests something is very wrong; something beyond injuries, road trip and Xs & Os.

Great mind think alike. I had a feeling the Knicks City Dancers were involved some how but I did not want to look crazy. :D

NYY09
10-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Sly, you make a good point, as usual, but there is more to it than that, IMO.

Anytime you bring in a new coach there is an adjustment period, so far its only been 7 games. I think most fans are passionate about the team and I understand their disappointment but again, 7 games, and not just that but the team hasn't be fully healthy all season. Also consider that the team really does not have much in the way of top end talent and you have what we have seen so far.

I would really like to see what the a fully healthy team looks like after they have played together for 30 or so games (at least). The other obvious issue is match-ups, 3rd liners playing against 2nd liners and such its easy to see that they are over-matched at the moment. They have a small margin for error as is and having 3 of their top 6 injured drops that margin from slim to absolutely none.

And the elephant in the room being Hanks play. No shot in hell of them having a chance if Hank isn't Hank when fully healthy yet alone missing who they are missing.

NYSPORTS98
10-22-2013, 02:08 PM
It's the same story

Larry Brooks and his asinine ways assisted in leading the charge in getting the coach out of town. The coach knew what he had and what he didn't have.

- He benched Richards who should have bought out. Some fans said it was the coach
- He kept Kreider in Hartford. Some fans said he never gave kids a chance
- only a few have a SHOT
- NOBODY on defense hits anybody. The system helped this group
- NO Defenseman adds to the offense. I like Girardi and McD but neither are really spectacular at skating the puck up ice. Any questions about DelZotto or is it his skill set rather than the coaches system?
- There is no shot from the point
- Collectively, they aren't strong on the boards.

The last coach had a team which thrived on winning the boards battle. Much of that grit was lost in free agency and through the Nash trade (which needed to be made).

Thanks to Larry Brooks, the fickle media and their followers, here are the Rangers and, like last season, it isn't the system or the coach.

Of course, it's a new system and those fans who believed a change needed to be made, I hope you show patience with the players b/c it was all the coach last year.

bsi
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Take half your top 6 from last year off any team and you wont fair well, add in a new coach, new system, a hold out from another top 6 as well as your captain being one of the injured and here is what you get. Only a team deep with prospects can overcome that, which we aren't.