PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Redraft 1st Round: (3) El Paso vs (6) West Point

Shammyguy3
10-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Every year the Bulls' Forum holds a game where GM's creates the best team via a clean slated fantasy, snake-draft and also by means of trade. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of the Bulls' Forum 2013 NBA Re-Draft.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series. Some teams have written their own "write-ups" detailing why they should win this series.

EL PASO HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

3. El Paso
PG: Kyrie Irving - Jerryd Bayless
SG: Nicolas Batum - Jodie Meeks - Alec Burks
SF: Kawhi Leonard - Corey Brewer - Tobias Harris
PF: Carlos Boozer - Tyler Hansbrough
C: Emeka Okafor - Chris Andersen

6. West Point
PG: Kemba Walker - Jameer Nelson - Jimmer Fredette
SG: Jamal Crawford - MarShon Brooks - Evan Fournier
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrest - Dorell Wright
PF: Al Jefferson - Al Harrington
C: Dwight Howard - Arnett Moultrie

El Paso's Write-up:

1) Kyrie Irving V.S Kemba Walker
First let's look at the stats from the last 4 times these two players went head-to-head.
First player, PPG: 24-22-33-25, FG%: .450-.667-.476-.563
Second player, PPG: 24-5-11-14, FG%: .375-.182-.500-.286
The first player being Irving and the second being Walker. As the numbers shows Irving is a far superior offensive asset than is Walker. Consistently lighting up the score bored, while holding decent shooting percentages. These numbers typically depicts how both Irving and Walker handles one another on the defensive end as well. Quite evident that Irving is doing a great job in holding Walker to limited PPG and low FG%. On the other hand Walker can't seem to hold down Irving at all. This match up goes to Kyrie Irving by quite some distance.

2) Nicolas Batum V.S Jamal Crawford
This is probably the most interesting match up between these two teams. Batum is a huge defensive asset and will most likely lock down Crawford and limit his offensive production. Batum is also a capable scorer on the offensive end, hitting the occasional spot-up 3s. Batum's physique is superior to Crawford's, will prove to be a problem for Crawford on both the offense and defense. This match up goes to Nicolas Batum.

3) Kawhi Leonard V.S Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Another interesting match up is this one between Leonard and MKG. After last year's playoff performance, it's without a doubt that Leonard is considered one of the best in the SF position. Kawhi has proven to be a heavy defensive asset and can even slow down to best player in the league as proven in the finals. Essentially, pairing Kawhi and Batum up together forms a formidable duo in the wing positions to lock down the exterior. Moreover, on the offensive side, Kawhi is more capable of creating his own shot while hitting the occasional spot up 3 pointers. Both these guys are naturally gifted, and athletic freaks. However, I'd say this match up goes to Kawhi Leonard.

4) Bench
The second unit put together to come off the bench as supporting casts for the starting five is as good as it can possibly get. All these guys on the bench are energy guys, and can totally change the flow of the game and provide this team with the much needed morale boosts in tight times. Bayless, Meeks, and Brewer are guys that can also hit the 3 point shots on the offensive end. On the defensive end, almost everyone are recognized as hard headed defenders, especially Brewer, Hansbrough, and Anderson. These guys will lock down their opponents and make more chances for transition fast breaks. In addtion, if I were to need some more firepower on the offensive side, we can always shift Tobias Harris in. He has proven in his previous seasons that he can light up the scoreboard when he wants. Therefore, the El Paso bench definitely has the upper hand.

*** West Point did not send in a write-up

Shammyguy3
10-18-2013, 10:03 PM
This is a weird matchup to me, i'll hold off on voting until i see a little debate

killthesux
10-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Sorry was busy all week, Ill do a write up in the morning

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 09:30 AM
This is an ill matchup I can't vote yet

Shammyguy3
10-19-2013, 12:27 PM
where's the debate? :pity:

Matter.
10-19-2013, 02:10 PM
intriguing

aLau10
10-19-2013, 02:16 PM
No debate needed Sham, El Paso takes it clean :clap:

But you gotta say my wings and Uncle Drew really lifts this team past West Point's IMO.
Like Dwight is going to be the little idiot he is asking for touches and Al Jeff needs to touches too. Neither are good passers down the post... I just don't know man...

Shammyguy3
10-19-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm leaning El Paso right now; West Point paired up Kemba Walker with Jamal Crawford (that's a no no) and then paired Al Jefferson with Dwight Howard (a huge no no).

Boozer will get lit up by Jefferson, but with Jefferson's and Dwight's passing and the awful spacing that West Point has I think Irving will capitalize on the amazing rebounding that El Paso has (Batum/Leonard/Boozer/Okafor).

KnicksorBust
10-19-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm leaning El Paso right now; West Point paired up Kemba Walker with Jamal Crawford (that's a no no) and then paired Al Jefferson with Dwight Howard (a huge no no).

Boozer will get lit up by Jefferson, but with Jefferson's and Dwight's passing and the awful spacing that West Point has I think Irving will capitalize on the amazing rebounding that El Paso has (Batum/Leonard/Boozer/Okafor).

Good analysis by Shammy.

Shammyguy3
10-19-2013, 08:12 PM
This is a close matchup, why aren't there more votes? :eyebrow:

The_Jamal
10-19-2013, 08:43 PM
****. I thought West Point was Hoford-Howard....

Why cant i read? :(

aLau10
10-20-2013, 03:04 AM
****. I thought West Point was Hoford-Howard....

Why cant i read? :(

So would you vote for my team now that you read it clearly? =P

Matter.
10-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Bump

Shammyguy3
10-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Anymore votes out there?

aLau10
10-21-2013, 02:11 AM
Wow no one really voting on this matchup eh?

Shammyguy3
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
7 more hours til the poll closes

Shammyguy3
10-21-2013, 08:26 PM
last hour for votes!!! C'mon you people, take a gander at this matchup and vote!

aLau10
10-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Good Match KTS. Goodluck going forward.