PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy GM: Propose Moves That Will Turn A Team Into Title Contenders

Cosmic_Canon
10-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Bulls:
Trade Boozer; Taj, and a first rounder to the Mavericks for Dalemburt.
Sign Melo in the off-season, resign Rip and Nazr Muhhamed for bench depth in offseason.

2014 - 2015 Bulls:
Rose
Jimmy
Melo
Noah
Dalemburt

Bench: Rip, Teague, Dunleavy, Nazr

Bench may be an issue, but the team would definitely be a title contender next year.

Pick another team, and propose some moves to turn that team around.

ManRam
10-18-2013, 01:09 PM
How "fantasy" are we talking here?

Trade Arron Afflalo to any team for whatever pick and an expiring.
Trade Glen Davis to any team for whatever pick and an expiring.
Buy out Jameer Nelson.

Sign LeBron James
Sign any big man that can play defense at an decent/elite level...be it Dalembert, Gortat, Bogut, Pau, etc.
Sign a competent PG, like Darren Collison, Mo Williams, etc.

Mo Williams/Oladipo
Oladipo/Mo Harkless
LeBron James/Mo Harkless
Tobias Harris/Andrew Nicholson
Nik Vucevic/Andrew Bogut

There's my fantasy.

DallasTrilla23
10-18-2013, 01:12 PM
At first I thought you were suggesting a trade for dirk but taj, boozer and a 1st rounder for dalemburt??

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Bulls:
Trade Boozer; Taj, and a first rounder to the Mavericks for Dalemburt.
Sign Melo in the off-season, resign Rip and Nazr Muhhamed for bench depth in offseason.

2014 - 2015 Bulls:
Rose
Jimmy
Melo
Noah
Dalemburt

Bench: Rip, Teague, Dunleavy, Nazr

Bench may be an issue, but the team would definitely be a title contender next year.

Pick another team, and propose some moves to turn that team around.

That deal for Dalembert is just flat out terrible. You're either seriously overrating the guy or seriously underrating Boozer, Taj and the value of that first round pick. Also, playing Noah and Dalmebert in the same front court makes ZERO sense, and I don't know that making those moves would give them the cap space to sign Melo in the offseason.

You know what deal makes WAY more sense? A trade to get Aldridge or Horford. Suppose it gets to the midpoint of the season and Atlanta clearly isn't better than a 7 or 8 seed, so Horford gets antsy and wants out? How about this for a deal:

Chicago gets:
PF/C Al Horford

Atlanta gets:
PF Carlos Boozer
SG/SF Jimmy Butler
2014 First round pick
2016 First round pick

If you're Chicago, you take that deal in a heartbeat to pair former college teammates Noah and Horford in your front court and make one of the sexiest trios in the league in Rose/Horford/Noah. Indy's probably the only team in the East with a front court that could stack up defensively, and you make Noah and Rose happy in the long term, which should be Chicago's goal at this point.

Atlanta would get two first round picks to build around, a young stud wing in Butler and Boozer's contract, which expired in 2015. If that doesn't get the deal done, maybe they take Deng's expiring contract instead and change up one or two other pieces in the deal. But this deal makes WAY more sense for both teams involved than the trade you offered.

TrueFan420
10-18-2013, 01:22 PM
That deal for Dalembert is just flat out terrible. You're either seriously overrating the guy or seriously underrating Boozer, Taj and the value of that first round pick. Also, playing Noah and Dalmebert in the same front court makes ZERO sense, and I don't know that making those moves would give them the cap space to sign Melo in the offseason.

You know what deal makes WAY more sense? A trade to get Aldridge or Horford. Suppose it gets to the midpoint of the season and Atlanta clearly isn't better than a 7 or 8 seed, so Horford gets antsy and wants out? How about this for a deal:

Chicago gets:
PF/C Al Horford

Atlanta gets:
PF Carlos Boozer
SG/SF Jimmy Butler
2014 First round pick
2016 First round pick

If you're Chicago, you take that deal in a heartbeat to pair former college teammates Noah and Horford in your front court and make one of the sexiest trios in the league in Rose/Horford/Noah. Indy's probably the only team in the East with a front court that could stack up defensively, and you make Noah and Rose happy in the long term, which should be Chicago's goal at this point.

Atlanta would get two first round picks to build around, a young stud wing in Butler and Boozer's contract, which expired in 2015. If that doesn't get the deal done, maybe they take Deng's expiring contract instead and change up one or two other pieces in the deal. But this deal makes WAY more sense for both teams involved than the trade you offered.
Now that's an interesting deal. That makes too much sense.

Cosmic_Canon
10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
At first I thought you were suggesting a trade for dirk but taj, boozer and a 1st rounder for dalemburt??

Clear up cap space for Melo(Boozer and Taj are owed combined 27 mil in 2014), sure Dalmeburt and Noah are both centers, but Noah is athletic enough to play PF for 10 - 15 minutes.

Cleveland Cavaliers
Trade Waiters; 2014 and 2015 first rounders for Kevin Love.
Sign Deng to 3 year/33 mil deal.

Kyrie
CJ Miles
Deng
Love
Bynum

Bench: Jarrett Jack; Varejao, Earl Clark, Thompson, Gee

mdm692
10-18-2013, 02:07 PM

I don't think they need to throw in the pick but they're trying to sweeten the deal so the Mavs would be willing to absorb Boozers contract.

mdm692
10-18-2013, 02:09 PM

What about keeping Butler and trading Deng instead of Boozer along with that Bobcats pick Chicago owns.

bholly
10-18-2013, 02:18 PM

Chicago gets:
PF/C Al Horford

Atlanta gets:
PF Carlos Boozer
SG/SF Jimmy Butler
2014 First round pick
2016 First round pick

I don't think Atlanta do that. They'd love Butler, sure, but him and two inevitably bad picks aren't going to be enough to convince them to downgrade from one of the game's best bigs to a substantially older, substantially worse, substantially more expensive, substantially worse fit in Boozer.

Definitely makes more sense than doing that Dalembert deal in hopes of signing Melo, though, I agree with that.

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't think Atlanta do that. They'd love Butler, sure, but him and two inevitably bad picks aren't going to be enough to convince them to downgrade from one of the game's best bigs to a substantially older, substantially worse, substantially more expensive, substantially worse fit in Boozer.

Definitely makes more sense than doing that Dalembert deal in hopes of signing Melo, though, I agree with that.

Well, you could throw in Taj instead of Boozer to give them some youth or maybe make it Deng instead. But I do think that deal makes some sense for them. However, they would have to almost certainly be in "blow it up now" mode, and I don't likely see that happening. Given the lack of depth at the bottom of the Eastern Conference, the Hawks with Horford, Teague and Millsap are probably still a borderline playoff team. Given that franchise's history of moves over the last decade, they clearly don't mind being a middling playoff team rather than blowing up and starting from scratch to build a contender.

mdm692
10-18-2013, 02:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mh5nwej

Give Philly the Bobcats pick and a future pick. Amnesty Boozer. Sign Greg Monroe in the off-season

D-Rose/Teague
Butler/J-Rich
Turner/Snell
Monroe/Dunleavy
Noah/Nazr

Stunner
10-18-2013, 02:28 PM
I think the Bucks , Wizards or Cavs trade for Rudy Gay

bholly
10-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Well, you could throw in Taj instead of Boozer to give them some youth or maybe make it Deng instead. But I do think that deal makes some sense for them. However, they would have to almost certainly be in "blow it up now" mode, and I don't likely see that happening. Given the lack of depth at the bottom of the Eastern Conference, the Hawks with Horford, Teague and Millsap are probably still a borderline playoff team. Given that franchise's history of moves over the last decade, they clearly don't mind being a middling playoff team rather than blowing up and starting from scratch to build a contender.

Given they just signed Millsap, I don't think they're in blow-up mode. I also don't think you can consider the last decade of moves as indicative of what Ferry is going to do, especially given the way he shook things up when he arrived. I think they consider Horford the centerpiece around which they're trying to build now, and there's very little chance they give him up. I don't think Deng or Taj do it either. I think a Horford to the Bulls deal would probably have to start with Noah, and even then they'd need more. They just don't seem like likely trade partners.

TrueFan420
10-18-2013, 02:40 PM
What about keeping Butler and trading Deng instead of Boozer along with that Bobcats pick Chicago owns.

Its a possibility that the person who's idea it was suggested as well but more pieces would need to be involved. This move would be for the hawks to semi rebuild and butler would be a more ideal piece than deng who will walk after his deal ends.

TrueFan420
10-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Wow I completely forgot that they signed milsap... That changes my take on the deal. Hawks don't do it.

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Given they just signed Millsap, I don't think they're in blow-up mode. I also don't think you can consider the last decade of moves as indicative of what Ferry is going to do, especially given the way he shook things up when he arrived. I think they consider Horford the centerpiece around which they're trying to build now, and there's very little chance they give him up. I don't think Deng or Taj do it either. I think a Horford to the Bulls deal would probably have to start with Noah, and even then they'd need more. They just don't seem like likely trade partners.

Wow I completely forgot that they signed milsap... That changes my take on the deal. Hawks don't do it.
But you have to remember that they signed Millsap to a totally reasonable, two-year contract. If this team doesn't look any good by mid-season, they could blow it up and EASILY find a taker for Millsap. Hell, as a Rockets fan, I would love to see Morey push for a Millsap for Asik deal around the trade deadline.

That Millsap contract was absolutely perfect for the direction Atlanta is going. If he and Horford mesh well and they're a playoff team, they can leverage that success into some free agent signings next summer and push toward contention. If they fail, they can easily blow the whole thing up. It was a really great high reward, low risk signing.

MrfadeawayJB
10-18-2013, 02:56 PM

similar to the deal posted by bill simmons and jalen rose on their team breakdowns

beasted86
10-18-2013, 03:04 PM

This, along with the fact.... didn't we see that Millsap and Boozer can't work together as starters?

mdm692
10-18-2013, 03:12 PM
But you have to remember that they signed Millsap to a totally reasonable, two-year contract. If this team doesn't look any good by mid-season, they could blow it up and EASILY find a taker for Millsap. Hell, as a Rockets fan, I would love to see Morey push for a Millsap for Asik deal around the trade deadline.

That Millsap contract was absolutely perfect for the direction Atlanta is going. If he and Horford mesh well and they're a playoff team, they can leverage that success into some free agent signings next summer and push toward contention. If they fail, they can easily blow the whole thing up. It was a really great high reward, low risk signing.

Soooo something like.

Bulls get: Horford, Korver, Brand
Bulls trade: Taj, Deng, Snell, Bobcats 1st

Rockets get: Milsap
Rockets trade: Asik

Hawks get: Asik, Taj, Deng, Snell, Bobcats 1st,
Hawks trade: Brand, Korver, Horford

Atlanta probably gets hosed lol.

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Soooo something like.

Bulls get: Horford, Korver, Brand
Bulls trade: Taj, Deng, Snell, Bobcats 1st

Rockets get: Milsap
Rockets trade: Asik

Hawks get: Asik, Taj, Deng, Snell, Bobcats 1st,
Hawks trade: Brand, Korver, Horford

Atlanta probably gets hosed lol.

That deal is terrible for the Hawks. They don't Butler and they have to trade Korver and Brand? Why in the hell do they do that trade? Also, you forget to put Millsap on the outgoing portion of the Hawks deal.

mdm692
10-18-2013, 03:19 PM
That deal is terrible for the Hawks. They don't Butler and they have to trade Korver and Brand? Why in the hell do they do that trade? Also, you forget to put Millsap on the outgoing portion of the Hawks deal.

My bad. Yeah I figured they'd want Butler but as far as Korver and Brand go they have no place in Atlanta if they do start a rebuilding process. Yes I know that doesn't mean he let's just give them away for free I just put them in there to get within range. But IMO one of the biggest mistakes Chicago made was letting Korver go so if they have a chance at getting him back they need to jump on it.