PDA

View Full Version : Polled NBA Players Pick Jordan and Kobe Over Lebron To Take The Last Shot

amos1er
10-18-2013, 04:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9829550/lebron-james-gets-mixed-reviews-poll-peers

Asked which player they wanted to take the last shot with the clock winding down and a game on the line, 88 percent of the players picked Jordan, with Bryant getting the other 12 percent.

"That's like ranking the shortest giant," an Eastern Conference guard said. "I'd want the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of the game, but I'd want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot. And don't forget, LeBron is not a great free throw shooter, either."

With Lebron only hitting two walk off shots in his whole career, it's complete blasphemy to mention him in the same sentence as guys like MJ and Kobe when it comes to crunch time. Looks like the current players in the NBA agree with that sentiment as Lebron didn't even get one vote... Zero percent picked Lebron. That to me speaks volumes.

jerellh528
10-18-2013, 04:08 AM
Game recognizes game. It's the old adage.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Game recognizes game. It's the old adage.

Indeed. A small minority of internet stat geeks will disagree of course. Which group do I take more seriously??? Professional NBA players, or a few random sports forum geeks with an agenda??? Hmmmmm...

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 04:54 AM
The article is ********.

Check the percentages. 14 percent is three and HALF people. Good luck explaining that one.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Indeed. A small minority of internet stat geeks will disagree of course. Which group do I take more seriously??? Professional NBA players, or a few random sports forum geeks with an agenda??? Hmmmmm...

And the front offices of many teams.

jerellh528
10-18-2013, 04:58 AM
I love Phil Jackson's explanations of scouting vs stats.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:01 AM
The article is ********.

Check the percentages. 14 percent is three and HALF people. Good luck explaining that one.

And ZERO people picked Lebron. Good luck explaining that one.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:02 AM
And the front offices of many teams.

Speaking of front offices, what about the GM survey they conduct every year??? You know, the ones that overwhelmingly have picked Kobe to take the last shot for the past ten seasons or so. Good luck explaining that one.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 05:18 AM
And ZERO people picked Lebron. Good luck explaining that one.

You do realize the article is falsifiable? There can't be three and a half people, and that is what 14 percent leads you to. It's bunk.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:26 AM
You do realize the article is falsifiable? There can't be three and a half people, and that is what 14 percent leads you to. It's bunk.

It's most likely rounded up math genius. Besides, it was 12 percent not 14 percent. 3 people out of 26 makes 11.5%, which rounded up is 12%. Weren't you the guy who was claiming to be top notch stats geek just yesterday? Funny, because you can't even do simple rounding. Lol.

#epicfail

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 05:28 AM
It's most likely rounded up math genius. Besides, it was 12 percent not 14 percent. 3 people out of 26 makes 11.5%, which rounded up is 12%. Weren't you the guy who was claiming to be top notch stats geek just yesterday? Funny, because you can't even do simple rounding. Lol.

lol I am not sure you sure actually read the survey. That's not the percentage I was referring to. Someone in ESPN ****ed up and chose an arbitrary 14 percent to one of the questions. A number not possible for how they did they survey. I noticed it right away.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:35 AM
lol I am not sure you sure actually read the survey. That's not the percentage I was referring to. Someone in ESPN ****ed up and chose an arbitrary 14 percent to one of the questions. A number not possible for how they did they survey. I noticed it right away.

Well, if you actually read the article I posted and the quotes from it in my OP, you would see that there was no mention of this 14 percent you keep referring to. I really have no idea where you are pulling this from.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Well, if you actually read the article I posted and the quotes from it in my OP, you would see that there was no mention of this 14 percent you keep referring to. I really have no idea where you are pulling this from.

Yep. You didn't actual read and verify what you are reading.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9830454/nba-players-want-michael-jordan-take-last-shot-not-lebron-james-espn-magazine

Here you go.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:50 AM
Yep. You didn't actual read and verify what you are reading.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9830454/nba-players-want-michael-jordan-take-last-shot-not-lebron-james-espn-magazine

Here you go.

LMAO!!! What are you smoking dude? It clearly says 12%. The only 14% I see referring to Kobe was if you could have one player to defend Lebron who would it be... 14% chose Kobe. Perhaps you need to take your own advice and verify what you are reading... Especially before you go making yourself look foolish by calling someone out for something you are completely wrong about.

#howembarrassing

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:58 AM
Hahaha... No way Guppy returns to this thread now.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 06:06 AM
LMAO!!! What are you smoking dude? It clearly says 12%. The only 14% I see referring to Kobe was if you could have one player to defend Lebron who would it be... 14% chose Kobe. Perhaps you need to take your own advice and verify what you are reading... Especially before you go making yourself look foolish by calling someone out for something you are completely wrong about.

#howembarrassing

And guess what? That's impossible if there is 26 people. It invalidates the entire survey. Not surprising ESPN would fake a survey. That's what ESPN does. They like to drum up controversy. A red flag would be them promising anonymity and then being descriptive about who said what.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:22 AM
And guess what? That's impossible if there is 26 people. It invalidates the entire survey. Not surprising ESPN would fake a survey. That's what ESPN does. They like to drum up controversy. A red flag would be them promising anonymity and then being descriptive about who said what.

Sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me than a well thought out analysis. A lone typo or error would be a far more logical explanation than the "fake survey" you are advocating. :rolleyes: Besides, you did not mention anything about the 14% relating to another question when you first responded. In fact, you were acting like it referred to the main topic of my thread which it clearly didn't. Perhaps you were playing coy, but I seriously doubt it seeing as there is nothing to really to indicate that... Rather, the pattern seems to indicate backpedaling more than anything. I clearly quoted 12% in my OP and if you really thought what you claim, you would have stated so in your original response. Seeing as how you didn't, I can only guess that you are now grasping at straws in an attempt to maintain what little credibility you might have left after this little debacle.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me than a well thought out analysis. A lone typo or error would be a far more logical explanation than the "fake survey" you are advocating. :rolleyes: Besides, you did not mention anything about the 14% relating to another question when you first responded. In fact, you were acting like it referred to the main topic of my thread which it clearly didn't. Perhaps you were playing coy, but I seriously doubt it seeing as there is nothing to really to indicate that... Rather, the pattern seems to indicate backpedaling more than anything. I clearly quoted 12% in my OP and if you really thought what you claim, you would have stated so in your original response. Seeing as how you didn't, I can only guess that you are now grasping at straws in an attempt to maintain what little credibility you might have left after this little debacle.

I just assumed you actually read things before you post them. I was wrong. Tell me again how they can typo their infographic?

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:32 AM
I just assumed you actually read things before you post them. I was wrong. Tell me again how they can typo their infographic?

The article I posted made no mention of any of these other poll questions your article had. So how am I supposed to read what I had not seen yet. Again, why are you bringing up some other random poll question that has nothing to do with the question at hand. You were originally acting as if the poll question I posted said 14% which it didn't... So why all the backpedalling? A typo or error could be a better explanation than a conspiracy theory about a fake story. The most important question, and the topic at hand was that Zero players picked Lebron, 88% picked Jordan, and 12% picked Kobe. Those numbers all add up, so I don't really see why you would even bring up this other nonsense which is clearly either an error or typo. Either way, it's a strawman argument.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 06:33 AM
A survey that is not valid or reliable in one aspect is not reliable or valid in any aspects.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:33 AM

This is the only true thing you have written so far. Is it really so hard to admit?

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 06:34 AM
This is the only true thing you have written so far. Is it really so hard to admit?

So you agree I shouldn't have expected you to read things?

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:37 AM
A survey that is not valid or reliable in one aspect is not reliable or valid in any aspects.

So now you are going away from your fake conspiracy allegations to the more diplomatic approach of disqualifying the entire survey's validity based on a single error? Interesting. I am curious as to see how far you are willing to take this before (if ever) you are willing to admit that you confused the 14% with the 12% relating to the question at hand. I can go back a few posts and create a timeline if you really want.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:38 AM
So you agree I shouldn't have expected you to read things?

Oh please. It this really all you can muster?

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Oh please. It this really all you can muster?

That's what I was saying I was wrong about. I said I was wrong to think that you would actually care about the content in what you post.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:48 AM
That's what I was saying I was wrong about. I said I was wrong to think that you would actually care about the content in what you post.

No, you clearly said I did not read the article "I posted" which I did. Again, thats what this thread is about... The content I posted.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 06:50 AM
No, you clearly said I did not read the article "I posted" which I did. Again, thats what this thread is about... The content I posted.

The content is the same. That's what ESPN does. They drum up a story and then regurgitate it into a controversy.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

Here is this link, you may learn something.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:57 AM
There is also another logical explanation as to why it was 14%. If you notice, on that particular question, the percentages didn't add up to 100%. Perhaps a few of the other players who were polled didn't answer that question or they gave more than one player as an answer. Thus skewing the sample size of the 26 players who answered the question about who they would pick to take the last shot. I seriously doubt that they would print an article about a fake survey. Obviously the most logical answer is an error/typo in the printing of the article. The most illogical answer by far is a fake survey.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:03 AM
There is also another logical explanation as to why it was 14%. If you notice, on that particular question, the percentages didn't add up to 100%. Perhaps a few of the other players who were polled didn't answer that question or they gave more than one player as an answer. Thus skewing the sample size of the 26 players who answered the question about who they would pick to take the last shot. I seriously doubt that they would print an article about a fake survey. Obviously the most logical answer is an error/typo in the printing of the article. The most illogical answer by far is a fake survey.

No. Stop. That's not how math works. 14 percent of 26 will always be three and a half people no matter what the other percentages are.

This would be similar to Coco the Ape trying to explain gravity.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:03 AM
The content is the same. That's what ESPN does. They drum up a story and then regurgitate it into a controversy.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

So now your back on the conspiracy theory kick eh. So now we have gone from backpedalling to flip-flopping. At first you were acting like the 14% was referring to the content of my OP before you were debunked. So now your desperately trying to hang on to the ounce of credibility you might have left by deflecting the 14% onto another unrelated question and additionally conjuring up a conspiracy theory out of left field. My my.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:06 AM
No. Stop. That's not how math works. 14 percent of 26 will always be three and a half people no matter what the other percentages are.

This would be similar to Coco the Ape trying to explain gravity.

Not if 2 or 3 of the 26 didn't answer. That would make them N/A and they would then divide into a smaller number. Additionally, if 1 or 2 of the players gave multiple answers, that would skew the percentages as well. Speaking of Coco the Ape... Hows that conspiracy theory angle working out for you?

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:08 AM
It's not a conspiracy. They really put 14 percent.

This will be a learning experience for you.

This article is how they make up a story. They turn into Lebron vs. Jordan. Say someone trash talked. Then they cover their own made up story later. The link you just posted covers that. Bring it up again sometime on their shows later. After that they use other news companies they own to talk about this story as if it is a legit news story.

This is how ESPN works and this is how they do nearly every news story.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Using a Deadspin article as evidence = fail.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:11 AM

Link does not work btw.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Using a Deadspin article as evidence = fail.

What do you think I am trying to posit as evidence? There isn't any evidence of anything in there. It is just describing a process on how ESPN works.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Not if 2 or 3 of the 26 didn't answer. That would make them N/A and they would then divide into a smaller number. Additionally, if 1 or 2 of the players gave multiple answers, that would skew the percentages as well. Speaking of Coco the Ape... Hows that conspiracy theory angle working out for you?

:eyebrow::speechless:

This is like admitting you didn't do well in sixth grade math.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:15 AM
It's not a conspiracy. They really put 14 percent.

This will be a learning experience for you.

This article is how they make up a story. They turn into Lebron vs. Jordan. Say someone trash talked. Then they cover their own made up story later. The link you just posted covers that. Bring it up again sometime on their shows later. After that they use other news companies they own to talk about this story as if it is a legit news story.

This is how ESPN works and this is how they do nearly every news story.

LMAO!!! Just look at you go. You do realize that there is a little thing called evidence right and so far you have none other than a typo in an unrelated portion of the topic at hand. Oh and there is your Deadspin article of course. :rolleyes:

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:16 AM
LMAO!!! Just look at you go. You do realize that there is a little thing called evidence right and so far you have none other than a typo in an unrelated portion of the topic at hand. Oh and there is your Deadspin article of course. :rolleyes:

Follow along child.

First off it's pretty evident 14 percent isn't possible. Now why would they put a percentage that isn't possible?

Well, if you read the thing you just quoted you'd understand why.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:21 AM
:eyebrow::speechless:

This is like admitting you didn't do well in sixth grade math.

Yet you avoid the meat and potatoes of the point I made entirely. :facepalm: Speaking of sixth grade math, your rebuttals are straight from the third grade playground. Do you even know anything about polling? I have worked in market research and I know that not everyone answers all the questions in a poll... Especially the less important questions. When that happens, they consider those as N/A and divide into a smaller number. You probably wouldn't know that as I'm guessing you aren't old enough to have worked a real job yet.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Yet you avoid the meat and potatoes of the point I made entirely. :facepalm: Speaking of sixth grade math, your rebuttals are straight from the third grade playground. Do you even know anything about polling? I have worked in market research and I know that not everyone answers all the questions in a poll... Especially the less important questions. When that happens, they consider those as N/A and divide into a smaller number. You probably wouldn't know that as I'm guessing you aren't old enough to have worked a real job yet.

I hope you realize that doesn't change anything about the percentages we do have. No matter what, 14 percent of 26 would be 3.5 people.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Follow along child.

First off it's pretty evident 14 percent isn't possible. Now why would they put a percentage that isn't possible?

Well, if you read the thing you just quoted you'd understand why.

Ugh... I hate repeating myself. I already explained this to you very clearly. Perhaps I need to break it down even further like I would do for a five year old, but I don't really have the patience for that... Much less your conspiracy theory dribble and the deadspin articles you use the justify them.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Ugh... I hate repeating myself. I already explained this to you very clearly. Perhaps I need to break it down even further like I would do for a five year old, but I don't really have the patience for that... Much less your conspiracy theory dribble and the deadspin articles you use the justify them.

I know what you are trying to say, which makes it pretty frustrating that you actually think what you are saying makes any kind of coherent sense.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:38 AM
I hope you realize that doesn't change anything about the percentages we do have. No matter what, 14 percent of 26 would be 3.5 people.

You really are dense aren't you. If 5 people didn't answer the question, that would make it 21 people who they can draw the data from. 3 out of 21 is 14%. Thats how it works. It's really not that hard to comprehend. Especially for a self-proclaimed Hollinger nutjuggler such as yourself. We don't really know the intricacies of how the polling was conducted, so it remains a possibility and is much more probable than this cacamayme theory you have about how the article was falsified. As I said earlier... The simplest and most logical explanation is a simple error... Not a conspiracy theory about how the entire article was made up. That would be foolhardy to say the least. Ever hear of Occam's Razor? In summary... The simplest explanations are usually the correct ones.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:48 AM
I know what you are trying to say, which makes it pretty frustrating that you actually think what you are saying makes any kind of coherent sense.

Hahahaha. I'm frustrating you?!?. Really!!! This from the guy who makes an obvious mistake about the question at hand concerning the 12% of NBA players who picked Kobe to take the last shot and confuses it with an off topic one about the 14% who picked Kobe to guard Lebron. Then on top of it all, instead of just simply admitting you were wrong and giving up at that point, you enhance your mistake even further by coming up with some crazy conspiracy theory that you have absolutely ZERO evidence to back up about how the article was falsified! Oh thats right... You did site a Deadspin article. :bang:

NYKnickFanatic
10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Give me Melo. :)

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 08:50 AM
You really are dense aren't you. If 5 people didn't answer the question, that would make it 21 people who they can draw the data from. 3 out of 21 is 14%. Thats how it works. It's really not that hard to comprehend. Especially for a self-proclaimed Hollinger nutjuggler such as yourself. We don't really know the intricacies of how the polling was conducted, so it remains a possibility and is much more probable than this cacamayme theory you have about how the article was falsified. As I said earlier... The simplest and most logical explanation is a simple error... Not a conspiracy theory about how the entire article was made up. That would be foolhardy to say the least. Ever hear of Occam's Razor? In summary... The simplest explanations are usually the correct ones.

I can't believe you explained what I already said I understand. As if it makes it less asinine.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Waste of a thread, however nothing good was going to come of it anyways.

NYtilIdie
10-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Wow! Thats so cool!

ManRam
10-18-2013, 09:32 AM
That stats probably suggest otherwise, but I don't necessarily think they're wrong. If we're strictly talking last shot, then Kobe isn't a bad pick. But I'd take a bunch of great shooters taking the "last shot" over LeBron.

If we're talking last "possession" than you're wrong if you're taking Kobe over LeBron.

lakerfan85
10-18-2013, 10:09 AM
The almighty manram has spoken!!! Close this ***** down!!!

DR_1
10-18-2013, 12:50 PM
MJ then Kobe.

Chronz
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Kobes the best last second shot maker, if you have almost no time remaining, say 4-5 seconds, I want him deciding who shoots, most likely himself. However, if I can run an actual play like with 13-14 seconds to play with, I want CP3 deciding who shoots, most likely the highest% play available being chosen by the games premier decision maker.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I can't believe you explained what I already said I understand. As if it makes it less asinine.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I don't want to waste my time with you anymore unless I start charging you by the hour. The free lessons are over son... Your clearly getting way more out of this than I am. It's completely evident that this entire debate went way over your head.

#deadspin

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Kobes the best last second shot maker, if you have almost no time remaining, say 4-5 seconds, I want him deciding who shoots, most likely himself. However, if I can run an actual play like with 13-14 seconds to play with, I want CP3 deciding who shoots, most likely the highest% play available being chosen by the games premier decision maker.

I would say that I agree with most of this.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 05:25 PM
You truly have no idea what you are talking about.

You literally just tried to tell me it was out of 21 instead of 26 so 14 percent makes sense without offering an idea as to why it still didn't add up to 100 percent.

Why did you posit that? Because. That's why. Because. No evidence, no anything.

Actually, you tried to tell me you worked in Marketing, which I ignored because of how funny that idea was and much you have shown to not know about anything about anything in that particular field.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:28 PM
You literally just tried to tell me it was out of 21 instead of 26 so 14 percent makes sense without offering an idea as to why it still didn't add up to 100 percent.

Why did you posit that? Because. That's why. Because. No evidence, no anything.

Actually, you tried to tell me you worked in Marketing, which I ignored because of how funny that idea was and much you have shown to not know about anything about anything in that particular field.

Is exactly what you have to back up your asinine little theory that the article was falsified.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Is exactly what you have to back up your asinine little theory that the article was falsified.

You are dense.

14 percent = 3.5 people

3.5 people =/= Reality

Falsified and the other potential candidate is embellishing the results because god knows NBA players do not think Kobe can guard Lebron in a game situation.

flea
10-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Angry on the internet. Also, Kobe is a chucker and this article proves he's still a chucker at the end of close games.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 05:50 PM
You are dense.

14 percent = 3.5 people

3.5 people =/= Reality

Falsified and the other potential candidate is embellishing the results because god knows NBA players do not think Kobe can guard Lebron in a game situation.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

#deadspin

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Everyone. I found Amos1er's youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/amos1er/videos

He basically only likes and watches thing about Lebron being bad. He gets off on it.

Slug3
10-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Isn't Kobe like 25% in the last shot or something like that? Why would anyone want that?

Bostonjorge
10-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Of course no one picked lebron. Crunch time or clutch has always been lebron's weakness. His best clutch play was waking up that morning and choosing to play for Miami so he could finally win something.

Kobe and MJ are who players pretend to be when they are imagining being in a last shot situation. No one pretends to be lebron and making pass.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:56 PM

He basically only likes and watches thing about Lebron being bad. He gets off on it.

Nice find cyber stalker. Oh and your 100% wrong once again about how I only like and watch things about Lebron being bad. You really enjoy bending the truth don't you...

amos1er
10-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Isn't Kobe like 25% in the last shot or something like that? Why would anyone want that?

Epic fail.

Guppyfighter
Nice find cyber stalker. Oh and your 100% wrong once again about how I only like and watch things about Lebron being bad. You really enjoy bending the truth don't you...

Yeah, you also greatly enjoy the angry video game nerd. The sign of an adult. Keep jerking off to anti-Lebron videos, articles, and the ihatelebron.com site.

amos1er
Of course no one picked lebron. Crunch time or clutch has always been lebron's weakness. His best clutch play was waking up that morning and choosing to play for Miami so he could finally win something.

Kobe and MJ are who players pretend to be when they are imagining being in a last shot situation. No one pretends to be lebron and making pass.

Yup. Lebron only has two walk-off shots in his whole career.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah, you also greatly enjoy the angry video game nerd. The sign of an adult. Keep jerking off to anti-Lebron videos, articles, and the ihatelebron.com site.

The angry video game nerd is about old video games from the 80's and early 90's. You have to be at least age 27-35 to know about that era. Nice deductive reasoning skill there bud. I'm sure most of the video games he reviews are older than you are.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:00 PM
^^^

I'm willing to bet that I joined this site before you even hit puberty.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:01 PM
The angry video game nerd is about old video games from the 80's and early 90's. You have to be at least age 27-35 to know about that era. Nice deductive reasoning skill there bud. I'm sure most of the video games he reviews are older than you are.

You sound like one of those 12 year olds who enjoy old music and post on youtube comment. AVG's average viewership group is 14-17.

It's cute that you like him though. Pretty adorable.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:02 PM
^^^

I'm willing to bet that I joined this site before you even hit puberty.

Just freakin' adorable

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Just freakin' adorable

Is that what your mommy tells you before she tucks you in at night?

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Is that what your mommy tells you before she tucks you in at night?

Projecting

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:06 PM
You sound like one of those 12 year olds who enjoy old music and post on youtube comment. AVG's average viewership group is 14-17.

It's cute that you like him though. Pretty adorable.

Any sort of proof to back up that his average viewership group is 14-17? Or is this just another unsubstantiated conspiracy theory you have? Are you going to site yet another deadspin article as evidence.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Any sort of proof to back up that his average viewership group is 14-17? Or is this just another unsubstantiated conspiracy theory you have? Are you going to site yet another deadspin article as evidence.

LOL

Did you just call a demographic a conspiracy theory?

I also find this comment hilarious for another reason. You have commented and liked a lot of conspiracy videos that involved the Heat and a political video for good measure.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 07:21 PM
LOL

Did you just call a demographic a conspiracy theory?

I also find this comment hilarious for another reason. You have commented and liked a lot of conspiracy videos that involved the Heat and a political video for good measure.

Just found your youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/guppyfighter

Looks like your obsessed with Pokemon and Atheism. Lol

Do you have evidence of this demographic in question??? Otherwise it's just some made up bs that you pulled out of your *** much like the majority of the dribble you spout on here.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately, that's not my account. But I do love pokemon.

I also now firmly believe 12 year olds are a conspiracy.

You almost had my youtube channel. You were on the correct path: http://www.youtube.com/user/joshrocks11/videos?flow=grid&view=15

HYFR
10-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Is this pissing match over yet?

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Is this pissing match over yet?

Never. I am bored and fighting with a 15 year old is sadly the best thing I have to do right now. I am not proud of that, but I get a kick out of it.

ManRam
10-18-2013, 07:47 PM

My god.

I teeter back and forth between thinking he's just a troll who kinda believes what he says but ultimately is just having some fun, and thinking his hatred of LBJ does indeed consume his life. This certainly proves the latter. Poor fella. It's just basketball!

amos1er
10-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Never. I am bored and fighting with a 15 year old is sadly the best thing I have to do right now. I am not proud of that, but I get a kick out of it.

Look at my join date sherlock. If I was really 15, that means that I joined this site when I was 7. Now is that really possible??? Guess deductive reasoning is not your for forte.

amos1er
10-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately, that's not my account. But I do love pokemon.

I also now firmly believe 12 year olds are a conspiracy.

You almost had my youtube channel. You were on the correct path: http://www.youtube.com/user/joshrocks11/videos?flow=grid&view=15

Just admit you are under 21. I was already 17 when Pokemon first came out in the US. There is no way you can like Pokemon and be any older than 25 at the most.

flea
10-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Look both of you are pretty big losers, okay? Kiss and make up.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Just admit you are under 21. I was already 17 when Pokemon first came out in the US. There is no way you can like Pokemon and be any older than 25 at the most.

I am not under 21 and I love pokemon. In fact, I love great games in general.

It's sad to think you are implying you are nearly thirty with an obsession of hating Lebron James.

stawka
10-18-2013, 10:51 PM
A better poll option: What does Amos1er search for more frequently?

A) Things to put LeBron down
B) Things to bring Kobe up?

b@llhog24
10-18-2013, 11:04 PM

Didn't you have a DBZ avatar at one point and time?

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Gubby had his lunch eaten in this one.

Delrayhc
10-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Gubby had his lunch eaten in this one.

You must be proud of your bff and life partner amoser1.

August 2010

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-19-2013, 01:00 PM
You must be proud of your bff and life partner amoser1.

August 2010

He owns guppy consistently, and you when you step to the plate Mr I love to show that I became a Heat fan in 2010.

Delrayhc
10-19-2013, 01:12 PM
First of all how does your bff amoser1 own me when ive never had a argument or discussion with him? I pretty much just call you and him out when you guys are having your tickle parties. Second of all how do you post while your wearing your amoser1 pom poms?

August 2010

Goose17
10-19-2013, 01:16 PM
I'll take Lebron over Kobe in clutch situations in general.

Jordan over both.

xnick5757
10-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Jordan

Lebron

Kobe

According to ESPN Stats & Information, James actually is a better shooter from the field than Bryant on game-tying or go-ahead field goals in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime of postseason games. He checks in at 41.2 percent (7-for-17), while Bryant is at 25 percent (7-for-28). Jordan rules that stat, though, at 50 percent (9-for-18).

beliges
10-19-2013, 01:20 PM
This is a non brainer and doesn't deserve a thread. Lebron is not known for his clutch play. On the other hand MJ and Kobe are two of the most clutch players ever.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-19-2013, 01:27 PM
First of all how does your bff amoser1 own me when ive never had a argument or discussion with him? I pretty much just call you and him out when you guys are having your tickle parties. Second of all how do you post while your wearing your amoser1 pom poms?

August 2010Is all you got is teen like remarks? Come up with something knew bro...

This is a non brainer and doesn't deserve a thread. Lebron is not known for his clutch play. On the other hand MJ and Kobe are two of the most clutch players ever.

Yup, i remember Lebron and Wade going on a 2-23ish cltuch shot jokeathon not to long ago.

Delrayhc
10-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I agree that M.J and Kobe are more clutch.
The problem is you have strong Lebron nutsack holders and Kobe bobble penis owners that cant give any of the other credit.

Delrayhc
10-19-2013, 01:41 PM

August 2010Is all you got is teen like remarks? Come up with something knew bro...

Yup, i remember Lebron and Wade going on a 2-23ish cltuch shot jokeathon not to long ago.

Give me an A!
Give me a M!
Give me a O!
Give me a S!
Give me a E!
Give me a R!
Give ma a 1!

Gooooooo

AMOSER!

August 2010

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-19-2013, 01:41 PM
The problem is you have strong Lebron nutsack holders and Kobe bobble penis owners that cant give any of the other credit.

I actually used to semi like Lebron before I joined here. When i first started posting I called for a truce so we could all be objective and I was spat at. They came at me like they do now, so the war continues. I can at least say I tried:shrug:

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Give me an A!
Give me a M!
Give me a O!
Give me a S!
Give me a E!
Give me a R!
Give ma a 1!

Gooooooo

AMOSER!

August 2010

:yawn:

Slug3
10-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Epic fail.

Can you show me the evidence of his last second shots in the playoffs then?

Slug3
10-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Jordan

Lebron

Kobe

So I was correct on page 5 when I said 25% and amoser said epic fail. I was spot on.

Federal Reserve
10-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Kobe shoots bricks when it counts. Give me Lebron over Kobe any day.

D-Leethal
10-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Jordan

Lebron

Kobe

Forget the stats, you seriously taking LeBron to take that last shot over Kobe?

Delrayhc
10-19-2013, 02:01 PM

I actually used to semi like Lebron before I joined here. When i first started posting I called for a truce so we could all be objective and I was spat at. They came at me like they do now, so the war continues. I can at least say I tried:shrug:

Dude you do the the same as they do so quit being a hypocrite. You dont show appreciation to anything but Kobe and thats part of the problem. Im not a huge Kobe fan as a person but I do show him respect as one of the greatest and I dont sit here and trash him. You don't look like a true NBA fan you look like a Kobe nutsack licker. Show respect to other players and you won't get spat at and if you do let them because then THEY look like the ones that only have Lebron from behind on their minds.

jerellh528
10-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Jordan

Kobe

Horry
Fisher
Durant

Cp3

Andrew Bynum

Lebron

RLundi
10-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Not surprising you are the OP. Does this never get tired or old for you?

RLundi
10-19-2013, 02:07 PM

If you can't separate PSD life from real life, you're spending much too much time here. I'm sorry, but you need to get a life if no-name people on the internet are having that much of an effect on your perception of players.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-19-2013, 03:38 PM
If you can't separate PSD life from real life, you're spending much too much time here. I'm sorry, but you need to get a life if no-name people on the internet are having that much of an effect on your perception of players.

It's the Heat fans i know in real life too, ever since Lebron won a ring. Every person on this site that hates Kobe says they hate him bcuz of his fans. Trust me my life is great, how about yours?

bucketss
10-19-2013, 04:21 PM
considering kobe/jordan can score from anywhere on the floor, and lebron is more of a PG, i would also choose them. id take ray allen, tmac, over all three.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-19-2013, 05:26 PM
I know Lebron vs Kobe is a big rivalry on this board but I'm not sure why anyone would vote Lebron as the closer over MJ.

If we are only talking about the last shot I'd take Larry Bird, then MJ.

Kobe would beat Lebron but not Bird or MJ.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Closing last second shots are not Lebrons strong point but he is still a great player.

Chronz
10-19-2013, 05:37 PM
I would say that I agree with most of this.
Would you say you mostly agree with the parts that praise kobe and mostly disagree with the parts that dont mention him?

Chronz
10-19-2013, 05:51 PM

Spat at? Did you get lynched as well?

Guppyfighter
10-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Illusionist is not nearly as funny as Amoser. Amoser uses hashtags and word like epic fail and own. And then he tries to say he is 28-32.

Illusionist is silly, but not Amoser silly.

JeremiahWing
10-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Of course you take Jordan or Kobe. It's not a question. It's not a debate. There is no argument.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Illusionist is not nearly as funny as Amoser. Amoser uses hashtags and word like epic fail and own. And then he tries to say he is 28-32.

Illusionist is silly, but not Amoser silly.

Would it not be embarrassing for you if he was 15, since he rips you to shreds in almost every debate?

Guppyfighter
10-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Would it not be embarrassing for you if he was 15, since he rips you to shreds in almost every debate?

Yeah, not as funny as Amoser. Amoser actually believes the things he says.

Tony_Starks
10-20-2013, 11:21 PM
This should not be a surprise to any reasonable fan. Lest we forget game 6 when Lebron nearly screwed off the game and Ray saved his ***...,

FlashBolt
10-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Amoser is the type of person who would believe that America went to Iraq to kill terrorists. It's sad.. He'll find and post anything that represents LJ in a negative way.

*Superman*
10-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Of course you take Jordan or Kobe. It's not a question. It's not a debate. There is no argument.

This. Nothing more needs to be said. Jordan/Kobe are better shooters than LeBron anyways which plays a big role.

FlashBolt
10-21-2013, 01:57 AM

This. Nothing more needs to be said. Jordan/Kobe are better shooters than LeBron anyways which plays a big role.

Kobe has been statistically proven to be the worst out of the three in terms of clutch shots. His shots are based off volume rather than efficiency. It's a huge myth that he is clutch.

Supreme LA
10-21-2013, 02:19 AM
Kobe has been statistically proven to be the worst out of the three in terms of clutch shots. His shots are based off volume rather than efficiency. It's a huge myth that he is clutch.

And Lebron having a high fg% in crunch time just says he passes off the difficult shots and only takes layups in the clutch. You stupid stats say nothing. Everyone in the world knows Kobe ain't passing a clutch shot off even if he's triple-teamed. That pretty much explains why his fg% in the clutch is low.

Stats don't tell the whole story. If anything that should just show you what a great team player Lebron is, how impressive MJ really was, and how fearless Kobe is.

*Superman*
10-21-2013, 02:23 AM

I tend to not base my opinions off numbers, but rather what I see. If I really wanted to base it off numbers, I would need to know exactly what the situation was when each shot was taken. Anyways, I didn't read the OP, but I was just thinking they were talking about a game winning 3 or so. That's when I'd take Kobe and Jordan, no doubt, over LeBron, but if it was a 2, then I think there could be a debate, since LeBron could get to the rim easier than Kobe.

But if you're telling me LeBron can do this, I'll believe it when I see it happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQd2h4X0O2E

*Superman*
10-21-2013, 02:29 AM
And Lebron having a high fg% in crunch time just says he passes off the difficult shots and only takes layups in the clutch. You stupid stats say nothing. Everyone in the world knows Kobe ain't passing a clutch shot off even if he's triple-teamed. That pretty much explains why his fg% in the clutch is low.

Stats don't tell the whole story. If anything that should just show you what a great team player Lebron is, how impressive MJ really was, and how fearless Kobe is.

Going along with what he said, depending on the when LeBron took his clutch shot compared to Kobe's, where do most of them come from, when he played with Miami or Cleveland? If Cleveland, then sure I'll give him more respect since the focus was going to be on him, but if what I'm thinking is correct, most of his clutch shots came while he was in Miami, along side Bosh and Wade, which are pretty damn respectable players that also have the ability to take the last shot. What I am getting at is Kobe receives more defensive attention than LeBron may playing with Bosh and Wade which can lead to lower %. That's why you don't just base an argument on numbers that don't consider other variables.

Supreme LA
10-21-2013, 02:30 AM
I tend to not base my opinions off numbers, but rather what I see. If I really wanted to base it off numbers, I would need to know exactly what the situation was when each shot was taken. Anyways, I didn't read the OP, but I was just thinking they were talking about a game winning 3 or so. That's when I'd take Kobe and Jordan, no doubt, over LeBron, but if it was a 2, then I think there could be a debate, since LeBron could get to the rim easier than Kobe.

But if you're telling me LeBron can do this, I'll believe it when I see it happen.

This.

5ass
10-21-2013, 02:32 AM

How are you going to penalize Lebron for trying to get a high % shot for his team? Hitting the open man, and getting shots at the rim, and/or FTs is much better than contested fadeaways.

Supreme LA
10-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Going along with what he said, depending on the when LeBron took his clutch shot compared to Kobe's, where do most of them come from, when he played with Miami or Cleveland? If Cleveland, then sure I'll give him more respect since the focus was going to be on him, but if what I'm thinking is correct, most of his clutch shots came while he was in Miami, along side Bosh and Wade, which are pretty damn respectable players that also have the ability to take the last shot. What I am getting at is Kobe receives more defensive attention than LeBron may playing with Bosh and Wade which can lead to lower %. That's why you don't just base an argument on numbers that don't consider other variables.

Exactly. This is another reason anybody will never be able to live up to MJ. MJ is really the only guy who can he was the only one on his team that demanded a double team, although he was often tripled teamed in the clutch and in the lane.

Supreme LA
10-21-2013, 02:35 AM
How are you going to penalize Lebron for trying to get a high % shot for his team? Hitting the open man, and getting shots at the rim, and/or FTs is much better than contested fadeaways.

I'm not. I'm merely providing an explanation for fg% comparisons between Lebron and Kobe. There are so many variables and they are such different players. I actually praised Lebron.

tredigs
10-21-2013, 03:40 AM
As far as the back and forth at the beginning on the %'s, I'm more inclined to agree with amoser that they probably just didn't get an answer from each of the 26 players on every question than to think the whole thing was fabricated, which is a huge stretch. Especially considering their results are pretty much exactly in line with what I would expect the answer %'s of these questions posed to NBA players would be. And it's pretty clear that the reason that that particular question (the one on who could best guard him) didn't add up to 100% (or even 75%) is because a number of the players had different answers and they didn't bother including the defenders who got 1 or 2 votes. You shouldn't find it unbelievable that players think that highly of Kobe, Guppy (especially considering more than half of them grew up watching him play). Remember, Kobe is the player who NBA coaches still cast votes for onto all NBA defensive teams. It's indefensible, but it happens every year. Including this past one.

And this is true. Sometimes it's a good thing, and often times it's a bad thing, but this is undeniably true as far as his clutch-time FG% goes. He's willing to take the ridiculously difficult shots, and the defense knows this.

Another thing about this piece is that it was interesting to see a quarter of them respond that they think Lebron could go down as GOAT, and that they thought his skill-set was nearly 50/50 as far as natural talent and hard work. Two things that would make me think OP wouldn't want to post this article. Which leads me to...

Amoser, your Youtube channel is pretty hilarious to me and shows that you have some legitimate issues/agendas going on with this whole Kobe V Lebron thing. Slightly frightening, but mostly hilarious. Just don't go The Fan on us. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116277/

kblo247
10-21-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm using Phil Jackson logic.

Set play, I want Michael taking the shot.
Broken play, I want Kobe taking the shot.
I want Bron making the pass.

Michael has the best overall build, hands, and respect. In a set play he will just net it.

If a play breaks down, there's no one better than Kobe who you can go to and say Houdini a shot out your *** that has a chance of going in. He doesn't give a **** about hi percentages which is why he's always forced into buzzer beaters even before closing time by teammates when the clock runs low as they know he will take a shot from anywhere and make something from nothing.

Bron is the most willing passer, best vision. Yes MJ showed trust with Paxson and Kerr, and yes Kobe has hit Fisher and Horry for many wins, but they will never look pass first.

More-Than-Most
10-21-2013, 07:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhiY3jVoAuM

koreancabbage
10-21-2013, 08:03 AM

but stats don't lie. the eyes do and our memories do. we usually take into affect the instance of one moment and overrate everything else based on. i mean if someone didn't look at stats, in the case of Kobe, no one would take into consideration how bad he is in clutch time over the course of his career.

Kobe does take great shots at time but so does a lot of players. but Kobe is a fearless shooter. he basically lives and dies by the jump shot - which is what I mean for for being fearless.

i mean if you look at it objectively with NO bias for Kobe or any other player (right now, in the NBA)
there are lot of players that you would take that last shot and have greater success than Kobe out of 10 times. i.e. Melo for instance.

and everyone knows Kobe isn't passing that shot to someone else b/c
1. he probably got his team in that situation to begin with
2. if he is double/tripled teamed, he ain't making the right basketball play
3. he has guts no one probably has
4. ego.
5. no shot no glory

koreancabbage
10-21-2013, 08:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhiY3jVoAuM

one of the greatest performances in the playoffs of all time.

ATX
10-21-2013, 09:58 AM

Haha, not surprising at all. So much time dedicated to hating James and trying desperately to corrupt young minds. Grasping feverishly at anything to hate on this man. So sad.

Tony_Starks
10-21-2013, 10:39 AM
It should be noted that they said they would want Lebron making the pass but MJ or Kobe taking the shot. It's not like they dissed him but if you have a choice between a primary playmaker or a cold blooded assassin taking the final shot who would you choose?

mightybosstone
10-21-2013, 10:45 AM
This is a totally lame way to judge a player's worth. Obviously current NBA players are going to give precedence to legends like Jordan or veterans like Kobe over Lebron, who is still relatively young and hasn't accomplished as much long-term as Kobe has. This means absolutely nothing, whatsoever. Just another excuse for people who hate Lebron to hate on Lebron.

FlashBolt
10-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Whoa, who honestly cares what kind of shots Kobe takes? Yes, he takes more difficult shots. Are Kareem and Shaq scrubs because they don't take fadeaway jumpers from 18 feet? LJ can hurt you in many ways that he often gets discredited when a play happens. Kobe puts himself to hitting "clutch" shots because he's usually shooting them out of games. LJ doesn't have to take many clutch shots because he's usually helping his team for the full game. Layup or jumper, give me the guy who will make the correct play. Not the guy who is statistically proven to be inefficient but is clutch because he holds a fist after making 1/5 of those shots.

flea
10-21-2013, 04:48 PM
It should be noted that they said they would want Lebron making the pass but MJ or Kobe taking the shot. It's not like they dissed him but if you have a choice between a primary playmaker or a cold blooded assassin taking the final shot who would you choose?

MJ and Kobe put a ball in a ring, nothing more. If there's anything cold-blooded about that then we're a pretty cold-blooded race.

koreancabbage
10-21-2013, 05:25 PM
MJ and Kobe put a ball in a ring, nothing more. If there's anything cold-blooded about that then we're a pretty cold-blooded race.

if you put it into perspective, putting a ball in the ring is pretty much useless considering all the things wrong with this world.

Tony_Starks
10-21-2013, 06:06 PM

Statements like this cause me to ponder what a deep thinker like yourself is doing on a NBA forum....

beliges
10-21-2013, 09:47 PM
This is a totally lame way to judge a player's worth. Obviously current NBA players are going to give precedence to legends like Jordan or veterans like Kobe over Lebron, who is still relatively young and hasn't accomplished as much long-term as Kobe has. This means absolutely nothing, whatsoever. Just another excuse for people who hate Lebron to hate on Lebron.

Don't think its a reason to "hate." Seems like nowadays when someone doesn't praise smothers favorite player then they're a hater. This thread is simply saying lebrons not the clutch scorer mj or kobe is/was. No hating. Just is what it is. Even a lbj fan can't disagree.

flea
10-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Statements like this cause me to ponder what a deep thinker like yourself is doing on a NBA forum....

I come here for the sports euphemisms.

lol, please
10-21-2013, 10:12 PM
wow. Guppy owned you all up and down in this thread amos1er. What else is new. :laugh2:

amos1er
10-22-2013, 03:51 AM
wow. Guppy owned you all up and down in this thread amos1er. What else is new. :laugh2:

As far as the back and forth at the beginning on the %'s, I'm more inclined to agree with amoser that they probably just didn't get an answer from each of the 26 players on every question than to think the whole thing was fabricated, which is a huge stretch. Especially considering their results are pretty much exactly in line with what I would expect the answer %'s of these questions posed to NBA players would be. And it's pretty clear that the reason that that particular question (the one on who could best guard him) didn't add up to 100% (or even 75%) is because a number of the players had different answers and they didn't bother including the defenders who got 1 or 2 votes. You shouldn't find it unbelievable that players think that highly of Kobe, Guppy (especially considering more than half of them grew up watching him play). Remember, Kobe is the player who NBA coaches still cast votes for onto all NBA defensive teams. It's indefensible, but it happens every year. Including this past one.

Looks like your on a pretty lone island with your little assessment there bud. Tredigs is viewed as pretty fair poster for the most part and he seemed to agree with me. You on the other hand have little to no credibility so therefore your opinion doesn't really mean squat.

Thanks for the honesty btw Tredigs. Although we do but heads at times, you didn't allow that influence your view on the little tete–a–tete I had with the Gupster. Props... Not everyone is so capable of keeping their bias in check.

Guppyfighter
10-22-2013, 03:54 AM
Looks like your on a pretty lone island with your little assessment there bud. Tredigs is viewed as pretty fair poster for the most part and he seemed to agree with me. You on the other hand have little to no credibility so therefore your opinion doesn't really mean squat.

Thanks for the honesty btw Tredigs. Although we do but heads at times, you didn't allow that influence your view on the little tete–a–tete I had with the Gupster. Props... Not everyone is so capable of keeping their bias in check.

Glad to see you posting again. Another eight hour day watching videos to comment about how much you hate Lebron?

amos1er
10-22-2013, 03:56 AM
Glad to see you posting again. Another eight hour day watching videos to comment about how much you hate Lebron?

Na... I actually have a life.

Guppyfighter
10-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Na... I actually have a life.

Don't let your hatred consume you.

amos1er
10-22-2013, 04:35 AM
Don't let your hatred consume you.

Thanks for the concern.

RulerSlick
10-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Late to the thread but..

This is the biggest pile of BS I've ever read. lebron is clutcher than Kobe by basically all measures.

Clutch in the playoffs with :24 secs or less?

Jordan 9-18

Lebron 8-19

Kobe 7-27

Playoff elimination games?

Michael Jordan Elimination Game Averages:

31.3 PPG,

7.9 RPG,

7.0 APG,

2.1 SPG,

1.0 BPG,

4.2 TOPG,

45.8 FG%,

33.3 3P%,

75.7 FT%

LeBron James Elimination Game Averages:

31.9 PPG,

10.1 RPG,

6.5 APG,

1.4 SPG,

.6 BPG,

4.5 TOPG,

46.5 FG%,

31.4 3P%,

73.8 FT%

Kobe Bryant Elimination Game Averages:

22.3 PPG,

5.6 RPG,

3.7 APG,

1.2 SPG,

.6 BPG,

3.0 TOPG,

41.4 FG%,

27.5 3P%,

77.9 FT%

Straight up game 7's or 5's?

Michael Jordan G7 Stats:

36.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 4.0 TOPG, 48.9 FG%, 33.3 FG%, 79.7 FT%

-W/out Game 5’s
33.7 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 7.0 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 3.7 TOPG, 45.7 FG%, 0.0 3P%, 81.8 FT%

Kobe Bryant G7 Stats:

21.4 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 5.1 APG, .9 SPG, 1.6 BPG, 2.0 TOPG, 39.5 FG%, 32.4 3P%, 70.2 FT%

-W/out Game 5’s
22.2 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 5.0 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.3 BPG, 2.2 TOPG, 38.9 FG%, 35.8 3P%, 67.3 FT%

LeBron James G7 Stats:
34.4 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.6 APG, 1.6 SPG, .4 BPG, 2.4 TOPG, 47.4 FG%, 31.3 3P%, 79.4 FT%

NBA Finals Shooting Numbers?

lebron

2007 NBA Final: – 35.6% FG,

2011 NBA Final: 47.8% FG,

2012 NBA Final: 47.2% FG,

2013 NBA Final: 44.7% FG,

Kobe

2000 NBA Finals – 36.7% FG

2001 NBA Finals – 41.5% FG

2002 NBA Finals – 51.4% FG

2004 NBA Finals – 38.1% FG

2008 NBA Finals – 40.5% FG

2009 NBA Finals – 43.0% FG

2010 NBA Finals – 40.5% FG,

Jordan

1990-91 - .558

1991-92 .526

1992-93 .508

1995-96 .415

1996-97 .456

1997-98 .427

Jordan - 48FG% Finals career

lebron - 44 Fg% FInals career

KObe - 41 FG% finals career

Raw playoff numbers?

KObe

25.6 ppg 45 FG% on 21 FGA

5 rbs

5ast

lebron

28.1 ppg 47 FG% on 20 FGa

9 rbs

7 ast

Jordan

33.4 ppg 49 FG% on 25 FGA

6 rbs

6 ast

RulerSlick
10-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Playoff chart of clutch since 2000?

http://i.imgur.com/RqK0DhC.png

lebron wins again

RulerSlick
10-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Since 2000 clutch numbers in reg season?

http://i.imgur.com/rEhQ8it.png

guess who won?

RulerSlick
10-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Is Kobe really the most clutch in the NBA (2010 article). Read and see what the stats show and prove

http://i.imgur.com/h3ZmkPg.png

RulerSlick
10-22-2013, 04:15 PM
What model-dependent realism has to say about whether Kobe is clutch

Kobe isn't Clutch:

Despite all of his clutch fame, Kobe has had his skeptics. Most non-Laker fans hold this opinion. Some of this skepticism is based purely on hate, and other is based off of facts. Recently, ESPN analysts have criticized Kobe's numbers and how they deceive people in articles like this and this. What, exactly, makes Kobe so not clutch?

While Kobe has made a ton of clutch shots over his career, he has missed significantly more. Between 2000 and 2012, Kobe shot by far the highest number of attempts (230) in the final minute of games with a margin of five points or fewer for regular season games. Of those 230 attempts, he only made 80 of them. 80/230 puts him at a mediocre 34.8%, only slightly above the atrocious league average of 33.7%. This means that for every clutch basket that Kobe makes, he has 1.87 clutch misses. If those numbers are considered worthy of being considered one of the clutchest players of all time, Amar'e Stoudemire should be up there, as well. When your clutch numbers are worse than this guy, you probably should join a depression clinic before an all-clutch NBA team.

Regular season games are great and all, but the playoffs are the games that really matter. If you think Kobe's clutch numbers are better there, boy are you wrong. In the final minute of playoff games where the margin is within five points, Kobe has gone 10/31. That's 32.3%, which means that for every one amazing make Kobe has he has 2.09 bricks. Granted this playoff number comes in a small sample size; LeBron James (apparent, notable choke artist) has actually made the same number of clutch shots in the final minute of a playoff game as Kobe between 2000 and 2012 with 11 fewer attempts. That's not even including the plethora of clutch makes LeBron had against the Pacers and Spurs. Kobe's numbers are certainly not indicative of a player who shows up in big games.

As much of an offensive threat as Kobe is, one would expect that the Lakers would have a top-notch offense in crunch time of close games. To see a complete recap of just how bad Kobe and the Lakers' crunch time numbers are, you should check out Henry Abbott's Truehoop article posted a few years ago. One of the most stunning excerpts from this article is:

You'd expect Los Angeles to also have one of the league's best offenses in crunch time, right? Especially with the ball in the hands of the player most suited to those moments.

That's not what happens, though. In the final 24 seconds of close games the Lakers offense regresses horribly, managing just 82 points per 100 possessions...

The Lakers are not among the league leaders in crunch-time offense -- instead, they're just about average, scoring 82.35 points per 100 possessions in a league that averages 80.03. They are, however, among the league leaders in how much worse their offense declines in crunch time.

When Bryant is on the floor in crunch time, Bryant's Lakers are actually outscored by their opponents.

Kobe is said to be the clutchest player of all time, yet the Lakers' offensive numbers beg to differ.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/9/9/4683058/kobe-bryant-clutch-stephen-hawking

LeBron James, Heat great in the 'clutch'

As it pertains to the NBA, "clutch time" is defined as less than five minutes to go in the fourth quarter or overtime and the score within five points.

And right now no team is more clutch than the Miami Heat, and no player is more clutch than LeBron James.

And after Monday’s comeback against the Boston Celtics, it’s worth noting in recent history just how great this Heat team has been in clutch situations.

In the past 17 seasons, the Heat are one of two teams that have outscored their opponents by more than 30 points per 100 possessions in "clutch time". The only team better than this year’s Heat? The 2008-09 Cleveland Cavaliers, who just happened to be led by LeBron.

http://i.imgur.com/vsGZyYa.png