PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual PSD Player Rankings #11 Player In The NBA? (Volume: VI)

Mile High Champ
10-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 6th year I have done this on PSD and it always brings some great discussion and debate. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron James and the Miami Heat are back to back NBA champions after an exciting 7 game series win over the Spurs. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 5 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

In terms of adding players to the poll, it will be done like this.

As soon as Tony Parkerl goes off the board, I will add other PG's.
As soon as Dwyane Wade goes off the board, I will add other SG's
As soon as Kevin Love goes off the board, I will add other PF's.

And so on and so on..

This is to ensure that players that won their respective positions get a higher place in the list. One of the goals of these polls is to maintain some continuity between the polls we completed to the final player poll we are currently voting.

2013 NBA Off-Season Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Chris Paul
4) Tim Duncan
5) James Harden
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Carmelo Anthony
8) Tony Parker
9) Dwight Howard
10) Russell Westbrook
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

2012 NBA Off-Season Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Dwight Howard
4) Chris Paul
5) Kobe Bryant
6) Dwyane Wade
7) Kevin Love
8) Derrick Rose
9) Dirk Nowitzki
10) Russell Westbrook
11) Carmelo Anthony
12) Deron Williams
13) Andrew Bynum
14) Rajon Rondo
15) Tony Parker & Kevin Garnett

2011 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Dwight Howard
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Kevin Durant
8) Derrick Rose
9) Deron Williams
10) Carmelo Anthony

2010 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Kevin Durant
5) Chris Paul
6) Dwight Howard
7) Carmelo Anthony
8) Dirk Nowitzki
9) Deron Williams
10) Tim Duncan - Pau Gasol Tie

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

NYMetros
10-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Putting my vote down for Wade. This may be the last year he makes the list though.

tredigs
10-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Sticking with the point guard here. Curry's just too explosive to pass up at this point. Projecting 25/4/8 on 46/46/90 this year.

Bookey
10-17-2013, 05:01 PM
This list is terrible and irrelevant with no D.Rose

tredigs
10-17-2013, 05:07 PM
This list is terrible and irrelevant with no D.Rose

He was top 10 one year, 3 seasons ago. To say he has to prove himself again is an understatement.

jerellh528
10-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Gasol rather easily.

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 06:13 PM
It's gotta be Curry. He had the most dominant postseason performance and is the most explosive, dangerous offensive player left on this list. Gasol's defensive impact is obviously sigfnificant, but he's basically a No. 2 or No. 3 offensive player, and I'm just not sure I can justify putting him above one of the most efficient, deadly offensive players in the league.

Wade will certainly crack the top 15, but this is not the spot for him. His value took a hit last postseason, and questions are going to remain about him until he answers them in the playoffs. I think he's taken a step back, and it won't be long before he's a glorified role player.

ManningToTyree
10-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Wade: take three

5ass
10-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Curry
Marc Gasol
Wade

5ass
10-17-2013, 06:51 PM
I think it has to be Curry here.

DR_1
10-17-2013, 06:52 PM
He was top 10 one year, 3 seasons ago. To say he has to prove himself again is an understatement.

If he's healthy he's top 5. Yes I said it.

But he wasn't healthy last year so agreed he shouldn't be on this list.

tredigs
10-17-2013, 07:25 PM
If he's healthy he's top 5. Yes I said it.

But he wasn't healthy last year so agreed he shouldn't be on this list.

i don't think that's a very controversial statement. He's definitely an arguable top 5 when healthy, and I do think he makes a push at it again this year. Just gotta go out there and do it. Looking forward to having him back big time.

DR_1
10-17-2013, 11:26 PM
i don't think that's a very controversial statement. He's definitely an arguable top 5 when healthy, and I do think he makes a push at it again this year. Just gotta go out there and do it. Looking forward to having him back big time.

Oh well I've been crucified for saying it before lol

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm glad to see Curry take the lead. I may have criticized the Duncan ranking a few days ago, but overall I'm starting to feel a lot better about this list. There's a few things I would tweak here or there, and I'd still probably have Duncan as a low end top 10 guy, but this list is still very solid.

BklynKnicks3
10-18-2013, 10:59 AM
lol Duncan 4 this is is sooooooo bad. There is no reason u can explain to have harden above melo. stat wise pretty close melo 3rd in mvp More wins season and playoffs. Duncan is a all time legend but 4 is just a joke. Kobe should be below Melo and harden but top 10. Toney parker is not top 10. Im cool with Melo anywhere between 2-4. Curry > parker Kyrie > parker Westbrook > parker. This list is so shady someone told me Duncan is ahead of Melo because his team wen ton a deeper playoff run, then in the same breath justified Harden who didn't get out the first round

NYKnickFanatic
10-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Have to go with Steph here. It was either him or Gasol.

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 01:02 PM
There is no reason u can explain to have harden above melo. stat wise pretty close melo 3rd in mvp More wins season and playoffs.
Harden is a far more efficient offensive player and Melo is not good enough defensively to make up for that on the other end of the floor. Also, since when did team success have anything to do with the talent of an individual player? Harden was playing on a much younger team which had been together for like 4-5 months and had zero postseason experience AND was playing a very difficult first round opponent without home court advantage. The Knicks have been together for years, have far more postseason experience and had a superior supporting cast around Melo than Harden had in Houston.

This list is so shady someone told me Duncan is ahead of Melo because his team wen ton a deeper playoff run, then in the same breath justified Harden who didn't get out the first round
I would have placed Melo ahead of Duncan, but I can understand how somebody would justify Duncan's impact on defense. I don't think team success has anything to do with it, really, although you could argue Duncan's postseason performance was integral to the Spurs success in the playoffs.

BklynKnicks3
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Harden is a far more efficient offensive player and Melo is not good enough defensively to make up for that on the other end of the floor. Also, since when did team success have anything to do with the talent of an individual player? Harden was playing on a much younger team which had been together for like 4-5 months and had zero postseason experience AND was playing a very difficult first round opponent without home court advantage. The Knicks have been together for years, have far more postseason experience and had a superior supporting cast around Melo than Harden had in Houston.

I would have placed Melo ahead of Duncan, but I can understand how somebody would justify Duncan's impact on defense. I don't think team success has anything to do with it, really, although you could argue Duncan's postseason performance was integral to the Spurs success in the playoffs.

ofcourse u are a rocket fan lol. Knicks had knicks had like 6 or 7 new players what are u talking about. Shumpert missed a lot of games so did amare.

WaDe03
10-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Wades top 5

mightybosstone
10-19-2013, 12:55 AM
ofcourse u are a rocket fan lol. Knicks had knicks had like 6 or 7 new players what are u talking about. Shumpert missed a lot of games so did amare.

Harden, Lin, Asik and Patterson were all starting for the first time in their careers and three of those those guys were on completely different teams. That's four of the team's starting five and the fifth guy was Chandler Parsons, who was a second year player. Don't even try to compare the Knicks to the Rockets. It's not a comparable situation whatsoever.

xxplayerxx23
10-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Harden, Lin, Asik and Patterson were all starting for the first time in their careers and three of those those guys were on completely different teams. That's four of the team's starting five and the fifth guy was Chandler Parsons, who was a second year player. Don't even try to compare the Knicks to the Rockets. It's not a comparable situation whatsoever.

Don't bother with him. It wasn't that far off melo vs harden last year though IMO. Melo and Harden were better then Kobe though

mightybosstone
10-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Don't bother with him. It wasn't that far off melo vs harden last year though IMO. Melo and Harden were better then Kobe though

Oh, I agree that Melo had an exceptional season for him last season and he's in the same top 5-7 discussion as Harden. I just think all statistical evidence one can possibly use to judge a player's worth points to Harden being the better player.

Nick O
10-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Sticking with the point guard here. Curry's just too explosive to pass up at this point. Projecting 25/4/8 on 46/46/90 this year.

god those are sexy numbers