PDA

View Full Version : Iverson back to Philly ?

Stunner
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

More-Than-Most
10-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Smart move... He sucks so he wont help us win games but he will sell tickets

PurpleJesus
10-17-2013, 03:28 PM

returning as a FO member, not player

2-ONE-5
10-17-2013, 03:31 PM
to retire. tickets mgiht go up even more with the heat already in town for the openor. id imagine any position they gave him now will mostly just be something in name only.

BlinkManJan02
10-17-2013, 03:35 PM
All of the stars from when I was younger are officially retired, my how time flies.

D-Leethal
10-17-2013, 03:40 PM
There are plenty of ways to be involved with the organization without being responsible for making basketball decisions or being in the FO.

Starks and Larry Johnson are basically ambassadors for the Knicks. Allan Houston is a FO member being groomed for the GM job. There is an astronomical difference between what they are asked to do on a daily basis. Starks and LJ go to community events, they work with different foundations, they are basically just faces of the franchise during the hundreds of different events the team is involved in throughout the year - during the season and during the offseason. They are the foot soliders who get their hands dirty on the street and interact with the community.

Iverson is more likely going to be handing out Thanksgiving turkeys at Philly homeless shelters with 76ers gear on than he is sitting at a conference table with a bunch of suits. Not a bad thing - every team has those guys and I'm sure that would resonate tremendously well with the young kids in Philly that would run into AI in this position.

TrueFan420
10-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Returning as FO member not player

D-Leethal
10-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Come on dude, you think anyone is hiring Iverson to be in their FO? The same guy who refused to wear suits to games is gonna wear one to work everyday? The guy who refused to practice is gonna help coach?

Not to mention his recent tales of instability and severe alcoholism.

AI is going to be a community poster boy. This is coming from a big AI supporter on here. No one in their right mind is hiring that dude for anything else.