PDA

View Full Version : NBA Re-Draft Conference Finals: Tampa Bay (2) vs Tijuana (5)

Sadds The Gr8
10-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

TAMPA BAY HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

Tampa Bay Depth Chart:

PG: Deron Williams | Jeremy Lin | Jimmer Fredette
SG: Avery Bradley | Jodie Meeks Mill
SF: Chandler Parsons | Chase Budinger
PF: David Lee | Nick Collison | Lamar Odom
C: Larry Sanders | Chris Wilcox

Tijuana Depth Chart:

PG: Mike Conley - Pablo Prigioni - Norris Cole
SG: Jamal Crawford - Willie Green
SF: Danny Granger - Chris Copeland - Stephen Jackson
PF: Serge Ibaka - Brandan Wright
C: Brook Lopez - Meyers Leonard

No Writeups from either team.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2013, 12:41 AM
It's a shame the best team didn't make the finals.

Sadds The Gr8
10-17-2013, 12:42 AM

who

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2013, 01:04 AM
Cincinnati.

SugeKnight
10-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Its crazy how these teams match up.

(Offense/Defense)

Conley(30/60) DWill (60/30)
Crawford (100/0) Bradley (0/100)
Granger (50/50) Parsons (50/50)
Ibaka (0/100) Lee (100/0)
Lopez (100/0) Sanders (0/100)

idk if that makes sense...

AI
10-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Deron is not a good defender, nor is he quick enough to stay in front of Conley. This will allow Tijuana to exploit this matchup and run their offense through Conley, who can both score and set up his teammates.

Tijuana is going to do SIGNIFICANT damage throughout the entire series by running a Conley and Ibaka P&R, as both Deron and Lee are below average defenders and won't be able to contain it.

If Deron wants to run P&R, we would gladly welcome it, as he only scored 0.75 ppp on 38.4 FG% as the ball handler in those plays. If he wants to ISO? Conley only allowed 0.66 ppp on 31.6 FG% and 18.8 3P% defending Isolation plays last season.

Mike Conley can set up Jamal Crawford, by creating wide open shots for him, who scored 1.16 ppp and 42% 3P% in Spot-Up opportunities last year. We can run Crawford off multiple screens, where he scored 1.01 ppp on 46% FG% and 36% 3P% in these type of plays. By involving Crawford in the offense by not requiring him to have the ball in his hands to be effective, we are essentially neutralizing Avery Bradley's defense and making him a non-factor as he's at his best when putting pressure on the ball.

As for Avery Bradley offensively, one word describes him best, awful. Bradley shot 40% FG% and 31% 3P% last year. He put up an 8.8 PER and an awful .461 TS% and .444 eFG%. Avery is being quite overrated this series, he literally won't have any sort of impact with the way that Tijuana has decided to use Crawford on offense.

Is David Lee going to dominate arguably the best defender in the NBA at the PF position? Absolutely not, we welcome him being heavily involved in the offense. Lee scored 0.7 ppp on 34.7 FG% in Isolation plays. If Tampa Bay wants to run P&R between Deron and Lee? Go right ahead, Ibaka completely shuts down the ball-handler in these type of plays, allowing just 0.75 ppp on 22.2 FG% and 33.3% from 3P%. If they want to post up David Lee, which is where he's most effective offensively, Ibaka only allowed opposing players to shoot 40% FG% in Post-Up's last season.

Brook Lopez is coming off a season where he put up a 24.7 PER and is one of the most offensively gifted C's in the league, he also doesn't get enough credit defensively. In the playoffs against Chicago where he was matched up against Joakim Noah, who's an elite defender, Brook still put up 22.3 PPG on 47% FG%.

Every time Tampa is trying to score, it will literally be 3 vs 5 as both Avery and Sanders are offensive liabilities. Sanders is a career 58% free-throw shooter and Avery's shooting woes have already been pointed out above. What's going to happen in the 4th quarter of a close game, where Tijuana can just hack Sanders and watch him continuously miss FT's?

You can't say the same for Tijuana. Ibaka's PER 36 are as follows: 15.3 PPG, 57% FG% and 35% 3P%. He put up a .612 TS% and .573 eFG% to go along with an 117 ORtg last year, which is right in line with his career mark of 116.

No matter what they decide to throw at Tijuana, this is a nightmare of a matchup for Tampa Bay.

Bruno
10-17-2013, 03:16 AM
i like TJ by a slight margin. I felt the same way when they matched up with Cincy.

TrueFan420
10-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Yea this is a damn good match up not sure who I like more could go either way. I'm gonna wait and see some comments before I vote

bloomis1307
10-17-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd like to see some semblence of an argument from each team before I decide....Otherwise I'll choose TB just because they have the better bench

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I'll wait to see the debate between the GMs, but I'm definitely leaning Tampa Bay. Tijuana is a very nice, well balanced basketball team, but Tampa Bay has the superior offensive 1-2-3 punch, is a better defensive team and would absolutely slaughter Tijuana on the glass. I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet, but Tijuana's front court is probably one of the poorest on the glass in this game. Ibaka (14.2 TRB%) and Lopez (13.4 TRB%) are both below average rebounding big men, especially compared to elite rebounding bigs like Lee (16.8 TRB%) and Sanders (18.6 TRB%).

Again, I'll wait until the GMs debate, but I'm leaning heavily toward Tampa Bay at this point.

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Its crazy how these teams match up.

(Offense/Defense)

Conley(30/60) DWill (60/30)
Crawford (100/0) Bradley (0/100)
Granger (50/50) Parsons (50/50)
Ibaka (0/100) Lee (100/0)
Lopez (100/0) Sanders (0/100)

idk if that makes sense...

This doesn't make sense at all, and there's only 90% between the two point guards. You give Lee, Lopez and Crawford 100% of the edge at PF, C and SG without considering the substantial edge that Ibaka, Sanders and Bradley have on defense. If you were going to judge players based on some kind of percentile system, I think it should look more like this:

Conley (30) / Williams (70)
Crawford (85) / Bradley (15)
Granger (45) / Parsons (55)
Ibaka (30) / Lee (70)
Lopez (75) / Sanders (25)

But this isn't a good way to judge a team, regardless, because you're not taking team elements into consideration, like overall offensive or defensive prowess, rebounding or perimeter shooting. Head-to-head matchups are important, but they're such a small piece of the puzzle.

Super.
10-17-2013, 10:06 AM
I looked at all the matchups, and I think Deron is what sells Vegas in 7 for me

bloomis1307
10-17-2013, 10:13 AM
This doesn't make sense at all, and there's only 90% between the two point guards. You give Lee, Lopez and Crawford 100% of the edge at PF, C and SG without considering the substantial edge that Ibaka, Sanders and Bradley have on defense. If you were going to judge players based on some kind of percentile system, I think it should look more like this:

Conley (30) / Williams (70)
Crawford (85) / Bradley (15)
Granger (45) / Parsons (55)
Ibaka (30) / Lee (70)
Lopez (75) / Sanders (25)

But this isn't a good way to judge a team, regardless, because you're not taking team elements into consideration, like overall offensive or defensive prowess, rebounding or perimeter shooting. Head-to-head matchups are important, but they're such a small piece of the puzzle.

I think that was the offense to defense abilities of each player and then compared to the opposing teams offense / defense abilities not the percentage wins in the matchup but I could be mistaken

SugeKnight
10-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I think that was the offense to defense abilities of each player and then compared to the opposing teams offense / defense abilities not the percentage wins in the matchup but I could be mistaken

This. My bad I was kind of stoned last night

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 10:25 AM

Oooohhh..... You're right. I still don't agree with it, but I suppose it makes slightly more sense now.

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 10:28 AM
There have been a lot of votes for Tijuana, but not one decent argument as to why they should win. Where are you at guys? Let's have some decent debate in here!

The_Jamal
10-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Tampa.

Better defensively, better rebounding squad, better 1-2 option. They're pretty much better at everything

THE MTL
10-17-2013, 11:16 AM
I think its Tampa Bay by a decent margin. That starting lineup along with Jeremy Lin off the bench is amazing. Tijuana, I'm going to factor in injuries for Danny Granger (due to the fact that he is currently injured and its supposed to be his comeback season....Copeland will be starting for a decent amount of games).

But seriously, that PF/C combination of Larry Sanders and David Lee is scary. Sanders fills up all the holes defensively while David Lee fills in all of Sanders' holes offensive. If these two ever played together in real life, it would be something special.

AI
10-17-2013, 12:54 PM
I think its Tampa Bay by a decent margin. That starting lineup along with Jeremy Lin off the bench is amazing. Tijuana, I'm going to factor in injuries for Danny Granger (due to the fact that he is currently injured and its supposed to be his comeback season....Copeland will be starting for a decent amount of games).

But seriously, that PF/C combination of Larry Sanders and David Lee is scary. Sanders fills up all the holes defensively while David Lee fills in all of Sanders' holes offensive. If these two ever played together in real life, it would be something special.

Health is assumed in this game. Will post something later as to why Tijuana would win.

As for the last part, couldn't you say the same about Ibaka/Brook not only being a better combo offensively, but defensively too as Lee isn't close to being the defender that Brook is.

AI
10-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Deron is not a good defender, nor is he quick enough to stay in front of Conley. This will allow Tijuana to exploit this matchup and run their offense through Conley, who can both score and set up his teammates.

Tijuana is going to do SIGNIFICANT damage throughout the entire series by running a Conley and Ibaka P&R, as both Deron and Lee are below average defenders and won't be able to contain it.

If Deron wants to run P&R, we would gladly welcome it, as he only scored 0.75 ppp on 38.4 FG% as the ball handler in those plays. If he wants to ISO? Conley only allowed 0.66 ppp on 31.6 FG% and 18.8 3P% defending Isolation plays last season.

Mike Conley can set up Jamal Crawford, by creating wide open shots for him, who scored 1.16 ppp and 42% 3P% in Spot-Up opportunities last year. We can run Crawford off multiple screens, where he scored 1.01 ppp on 46% FG% and 36% 3P% in these type of plays. By involving Crawford in the offense by not requiring him to have the ball in his hands to be effective, we are essentially neutralizing Avery Bradley's defense and making him a non-factor as he's at his best when putting pressure on the ball.

As for Avery Bradley offensively, one word describes him best, awful. Bradley shot 40% FG% and 31% 3P% last year. He put up an 8.8 PER and an awful .461 TS% and .444 eFG%. Avery is being quite overrated this series, he literally won't have any sort of impact with the way that Tijuana has decided to use Crawford on offense.

Is David Lee going to dominate arguably the best defender in the NBA at the PF position? Absolutely not, we welcome him being heavily involved in the offense. Lee scored 0.7 ppp on 34.7 FG% in Isolation plays. If Tampa Bay wants to run P&R between Deron and Lee? Go right ahead, Ibaka completely shuts down the ball-handler in these type of plays, allowing just 0.75 ppp on 22.2 FG% and 33.3% from 3P%. If they want to post up David Lee, which is where he's most effective offensively, Ibaka only allowed opposing players to shoot 40% FG% in Post-Up's last season.

Brook Lopez is coming off a season where he put up a 24.7 PER and is one of the most offensively gifted C's in the league, he also doesn't get enough credit defensively. In the playoffs against Chicago where he was matched up against Joakim Noah, who's an elite defender, Brook still put up 22.3 PPG on 47% FG%.

Every time Tampa is trying to score, it will literally be 3 vs 5 as both Avery and Sanders are offensive liabilities. Sanders is a career 58% free-throw shooter and Avery's shooting woes have already been pointed out above. What's going to happen in the 4th quarter of a close game, where Tijuana can just hack Sanders and watch him continuously miss FT's?

You can't say the same for Tijuana. Ibaka's PER 36 are as follows: 15.3 PPG, 57% FG% and 35% 3P%. He put up a .612 TS% and .573 eFG% to go along with an 117 ORtg last year, which is right in line with his career mark of 116.

No matter what they decide to throw at Tijuana, this is a nightmare of a matchup for Tampa Bay.

AI
10-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Bump.

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't have time to go through all of these points, but I would like to debate a couple of them. First off, you suggest that Ibaka will do a good job shutting down David Lee, but their head-to-head matchups tell a different story. In their 12 games against each other, Lee averaged 19/11/4/1/1, all above his career averages, while shooting a respectable 49.7% from the floor. That doesn't sound like him being shut down, and if Tampa Bay gets that kind of production from Lee, they're going to be in very good shape.

Secondly, you bring up Deron Williams as a below average defender. I didn't watch many Brooklyn games last season, but I don't necessarily think that's fair. His 0.83 points per possession given up last season was totally respectable, and while he was poor defending isolation plays and spot up shooters, he was well above average defending pick and roll ball handlers and offensive players coming off screens.

I don't think Williams can be considered above average at all at this point, but I also don't think he'll get destroyed by Conley either.

Finally, you mention Lopez's numbers against Noah. But Noah was banged up in the postseason and clearly was not at 100%. In fact, the two games he played the most minutes (Games 6 and 7) were the games Lopez shot the worst from the floor. Also, his production against Noah doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of his production against Sanders. In head-to-head matchups over their careers, Sanders held Lopez to 16/5/1/1 on only 43% shooting from the floor. Sanders outrebounded Lopez despite playing only 17 minutes per game in those matchups.

In their last two matchups this season, Sanders held Lopez less than 36% shooting in both games and outrebounded Lopez 21-10 with an 11-4 block advantage in those two games. It's fairly clear that Sanders has bothered Lopez at times in head-to-head matchups, and that guy is supposed to be your No. 1 scorer. I would be very, very concerned about that if I were you.

DR_1
10-17-2013, 06:54 PM
I looked at all the matchups, and I think Deron is what sells Vegas in 7 for me

My thoughts as well.

Sportfan
10-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Sorry guys busy day. I'll promote the team tonight

DR_1
10-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Sorry guys busy day. I'll promote the team tonight

DQ THIS MAN!!! :p

greg_ory_2005
10-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Just a lil quick something

PG: Deron Williams vs. Mike Conley We feel we have pretty big advantage in this matchup. Deron is one of the top PGs in the league, and had a pretty underrated season. Posted nice percentages at 44/38/86, while having a filthy post-all star break of 48 FG%, 42 3PT%, while averaging 23/8 during that span. He has the size and strength to out muscle Conley, yes he's a solid defender, but Deron still is a problem for him. And he's not a crap defender either, puting up fairly solid synergy numbers. Random synergy stats: ranked #32 in isolation, #35 in spot up, #10 in post up, #66 in p&r defense.

SG: Avery Bradley vs. Jamal Crawford Classic matchup of offense vs defense. I'd much rather have the defense of Bradley though. We love how he fits on our team, and knows he will do a great job on defending Crawford/Conley. There's a reason Crawford has been a bench player most of his career, he's streaky as hell, and we don't see him doing much against Bradley. Bradley brings the elite defense on the perimeter. Random synergy stats: #16 overall defense! #42 iso defense, #19 p&r defense. Oh. My. God.

SF: Chandler Parsons vs. Danny Granger Another advantage for us. Granger missed the entire year with injury, and even before that, he's always been a volume scorer and not very efficient. We love how Parsons fits on our team. He stepped up huge this year, shooting about 49 FG% and 39 3PT%. Nasty! Plus hes a cutie. We feel he's makes a great third option for us, and ultimate glue guy type player.

PF: David Lee vs. Serge Ibaka We feel this is another advantage for us. Lee has consistently been a beast for quite a few years. Yes Ibaka is a good defender, but Lee has worked him in their head to head matchups (MBT post!). Averaged about 19/11 this year, at 52% from the field. We expect to average about the same or better this series.

C: Larry Sanders vs. Brook Lopez Sanders transformed himself into a defensive monster this year. We feel he has the length and ability to make Lopez work for his baskets. They're gonna have a real tough time scoring because Sanders we feel is gonna really limit Brook, their #1 guy. He's played Lopez great in their head to head matchups. We don't even consider Brook a legit first option anyways, but whatever. Random synergy stats: #21 in iso defense, #39 in post up D, #48 in p&r defense.

Bench: We feel that we have a very solid bench. Lin gives us some punch off the bench, and has shown to have his moments when theres no ball hogs on the team. Linsanity! Meeks Mill gives us that spot up shooter. Hell definitely have some looks with our multiple offensive options that we have. Budinger is another solid guy. Hes an all around player that gives us a bit of everything. Collison gives an another solid, big man defender and rebounder. We like his ability to guard both positions. And Wilcox is another veteran that gives us energy and rebounding.

Overall: We don't see any big advantage they have against Tampa. The biggest is Brook against Sanders, but we don't even consider that much of an advantage. We pretty much beat them everywhere.

Well thanks for reading!

Matter.
10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Just a lil quick something

PG: Deron Williams vs. Mike Conley – We feel we have pretty big advantage in this matchup. Deron is one of the top PG’s in the league, and had a pretty underrated season. Posted nice percentages at 44/38/86, while having a filthy post-all star break of 48 FG%, 42 3PT%, while averaging 23/8 during that span. He has the size and strength to out muscle Conley, yes he's a solid defender, but Deron still is a problem for him. And he's not a crap defender either, puting up fairly solid synergy numbers. Random synergy stats: ranked #32 in isolation, #35 in spot up, #10 in post up, #66 in p&r defense.

SG: Avery Bradley vs. Jamal Crawford – Classic matchup of offense vs defense. I'd much rather have the defense of Bradley though. We love how he fits on our team, and knows he will do a great job on defending Crawford/Conley. There's a reason Crawford has been a bench player most of his career, he's streaky as hell, and we don't see him doing much against Bradley. Bradley brings the elite defense on the perimeter. Random synergy stats: #16 overall defense! #42 iso defense, #19 p&r defense. Oh. My. God.

SF: Chandler Parsons vs. Danny Granger – Another advantage for us. Granger missed the entire year with injury, and even before that, he's always been a volume scorer and not very efficient. We love how Parsons fits on our team. He stepped up huge this year, shooting about 49 FG% and 39 3PT%. Nasty! Plus he’s a cutie. We feel he's makes a great third option for us, and ultimate glue guy type player.

PF: David Lee vs. Serge Ibaka – We feel this is another advantage for us. Lee has consistently been a beast for quite a few years. Yes Ibaka is a good defender, but Lee has worked him in their head to head matchups (MBT post!). Averaged about 19/11 this year, at 52% from the field. We expect to average about the same or better this series.

C: Larry Sanders vs. Brook Lopez – Sanders transformed himself into a defensive monster this year. We feel he has the length and ability to make Lopez work for his baskets. They're gonna have a real tough time scoring because Sanders we feel is gonna really limit Brook, their #1 guy. He's played Lopez great in their head to head matchups. We don't even consider Brook a legit first option anyways, but whatever. Random synergy stats: #21 in iso defense, #39 in post up D, #48 in p&r defense.

Bench: We feel that we have a very solid bench. Lin gives us some punch off the bench, and has shown to have his moments when there’s no ball hogs on the team. Linsanity! Meeks Mill gives us that spot up shooter. He’ll definitely have some looks with our multiple offensive options that we have. Budinger is another solid guy. He’s an all around player that gives us a bit of everything. Collison gives an another solid, big man defender and rebounder. We like his ability to guard both positions. And Wilcox is another veteran that gives us energy and rebounding.

Overall: We don't see any big advantage they have against Tampa. The biggest is Brook against Sanders, but we don't even consider that much of an advantage. We pretty much beat them everywhere.

Well thanks for reading!

Ahhh good ole Greg !
Tampa should win

Sportfan
10-17-2013, 09:53 PM
If you think they were the best team they probably' weren't then.

Wrong. Deron doesn't have great footwork but he's not quick enough to stay in front of Conley? Deron is bigger and him and while he doesn't have that quickness he has power to burst into long strides, which helps him penetrate through defenders, and set up plays.

Also let's not act like Conley is AI or anything. Conley hasn't scored 20 on Deron EVER in their 11 match ups. He's not going to take over a series offensively. Deron has been a consistent 20/10 player on 47% FG 42% 3PT against Conley historically so I'm not really worried about Conley offensively or defensively.

And for the record Avery will be rotating on Conley as well to give him serious ball pressure and disrupt the flow of the offense. Deron can guard Crawford without it being a huge size mismatch.

lol, first Conley was going to destroy me now IBAKA? Ibaka was an efficient scorer because he's had 3 top level offensive talents the past 3 years. He has brook in the paint (with the best post defender on him) and who? Streaky Crawford? Shot knees Granger? Ibaka's efficiency will go down, oh and by the way David Lee happened to be ranked in the top 10 defending the P&R. A lot of credit goes to Bogut who helped him out, but Sanders does what Bogut does even better (and healthier). So Ibaka offensively doesn't worry me much and he is a solid defender, nothing more.

The Deron Williams post-Avery Johnson was a completely different player. He averaged 23 PPG on crazy %s after PJ let him run the offense with more freedom. That's what we will let Deron do.
I have no issues running the Iso with Deron when we need to. He was extremely successful last year in ISO plays ranking in the top 30. Conley doesn't have Marc Gasol behind him this series. His defense isn't as great as advertised. Ibaka isn't nearly the same defender as Gasol and he has Lee to worry about. Deron will be successful against Conley as history has shown (20/10 48 FG%)

lol? So you're essentially taking Crawford's best attributes away from him? Crawford is at his bestwith the ball in his hands, that's how he finds shots. By making him strictly a spot up shooter you're making him even worse. He's ranked 195th in spot up shooting 38% FG.

And why would he be getting wide open shots lol?

Crawford isn't contributing defensively at all. We are using Avery for cuts to the basket since the post Defense on your team is suspect. Avery is much faster than Craword and will get to the basket for easy looks w

Is David Lee going to dominate arguably the best defender in the NBA at the PF position?
:laugh: :laugh: IBAKA is such an overrated defender it's not even funny. He's a great shot blocker and good in help defense. but his rep of great defender is incredibly overstates. Over half of his defensive plays have been against post up and spot up, he's ranked 145th in the league in defending the post and he allows over a point per possession when defending the spot up. Lee from mid range can kill Ibaka and truly expose his weakness.

Absolutely not, we welcome him being heavily involved in the offense. Lee scored 0.7 ppp on 34.7 FG% in Isolation plays.
Why would Lee be running iso?

If Tampa Bay wants to run P&R between Deron and Lee? Go right ahead, Ibaka completely shuts down the ball-handler in these type of plays, allowing just 0.75 ppp on 22.2 FG% and 33.3% from 3P%. If they want to post up David Lee, which is where he's most effective offensively, Ibaka only allowed opposing players to shoot 40% FG% in Post-Up's last season.
:facepalm: really rude? First of all, so you're saying your going to put Ibaka on Deron when he runs the P&R? So Lee has Conley on him then? GREAT! Not only that, but you're using Ibaka's P&R ball handler stats from a grand total of 12 PLAYS!!!!! That's way too small of a sample size.
Against the roll man, which is what you truly should be looking at, Ibaka allows 44 FG%.

Uhh dude, my center isn't Joakim.

Sanders is going against brook. Can we just take a second to think about that battle on the boards? Sanders will get plenty of buckets this series on just offensive putbacks alone.
Avery will get points cutting to the basket past old man Crawford and getting in the weak paint D.

He has offensive players equal to KD, Westy and Martin on this team too right?

Yea 1 more time, Brook vs Lee and Sanders on the boards :drool: I like that

bloomis1307
10-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Yea 1 more time, Brook vs Lee and Sanders on the boards :drool: I like that

This is what finally sold me and why I chose TB

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2013, 10:22 PM

Except a large amount of the GMs voted them as first seed. So yea, they were probably the best team.

Sportfan
10-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Except a large amount of the GMs voted them as first seed. So yea, they were probably the best team.

But they got bounced in the 2nd round so...

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2013, 10:42 PM
But they got bounced in the 2nd round so...

Exactly. That's why it's a shame the best team didn't make it. Just because they lost doesn't mean they weren't the best team.

AI
10-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Exactly. That's why it's a shame the best team didn't make it. Just because they lost doesn't mean they weren't the best team.

Ok. They didn't make it, now stfu because this has nothing to do with our matchup.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Ok. They didn't make it, now stfu because this has nothing to do with our matchup.

Ok, I voted for the other team.

Sadds The Gr8
10-17-2013, 10:58 PM
I voted Cinci #1 but didn't think they were the best team in the game.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2013, 10:59 PM
I voted Cinci #1 but didn't think they were the best team in the game.

I meant in the conference.

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 11:53 PM
I liked Cinci, but they weren't the best team in the conference. They were the best duo in the game, probably, but they started two second year guys in Beal and Valanciunas, and that's a recipe for disaster. Back to the matchup at hand, I'm a little surprised to see Tijuana making a comeback.

Chrisclover
10-18-2013, 04:59 AM
i don't know too much about the stats and maneuvering , i chose Tampa Bay simply because of i am a fan of jeremy lin

The_Jamal
10-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Mayne plays for Tampa. Not sure what the problem is here

DR_1
10-18-2013, 12:45 PM

:laugh2: So true

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 12:54 PM
i don't know too much about the stats and maneuvering , i chose Tampa Bay simply because of i am a fan of jeremy lin

You haven't been on the site for that long, so I'll give you a pass, but this is totally a dick reason to vote for one team or another. You have to understand that we spend a TON of time building these teams every game, and it's not like a fantasy draft that's over in an hour. These games take more than a month to finish, and there's a lot of time consuming research, trade proposals and debate that goes into them.

So for someone to come on and say "I voted for Team X because Player Z is one of my favorite players" is just a total slap in the face to everything we work toward. In the future, I hope you'll take a little more time to consider who you're voting for and not just based it on your love of particular players.

king4day
10-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Probably just me but I have had a hard time looking at these for 2 reasons.

1. There's so many re-draft threads.
2. The team names aren't realistic.

I liked it when there were real NBA team names and you'd see a team like the Bucks done well.

AI
10-18-2013, 01:49 PM

I liked it when there were real NBA team names and you'd see a team like the Bucks done well.

It's like this so there's no "biased voting". For example, whoever gets the Knicks, might get a lot of votes simply because they're the Knicks. I believe the mock uses original city/team name still.

Sadds The Gr8
10-18-2013, 02:43 PM

using NBA team names give bias. Knick fans will vote for the Knick teams, Laker fans vote for Laker teams, Miami fans vote for Miami, etc...

The names don't make a difference in a redraft since every team is basically on level footing. Only matters in the mock where you're actually controlling the real life roster.

Sadds The Gr8
10-18-2013, 02:43 PM
both of these are nail-biters. it'll be interesting to see who wins when I get back home.

Sadds The Gr8
10-18-2013, 02:45 PM
You haven't been on the site for that long, so I'll give you a pass, but this is totally a dick reason to vote for one team or another. You have to understand that we spend a TON of time building these teams every game, and it's not like a fantasy draft that's over in an hour. These games take more than a month to finish, and there's a lot of time consuming research, trade proposals and debate that goes into them.

So for someone to come on and say "I voted for Team X because Player Z is one of my favorite players" is just a total slap in the face to everything we work toward. In the future, I hope you'll take a little more time to consider who you're voting for and not just based it on your love of particular players.
lol that's a crucial vote too

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 02:48 PM
I think AI has done an excellent job with this team, especially considering its his first NBA Re-draft, but I still don't quite get why this is so close. Aside from him, I haven't seen a single decent post arguing in favor of Tijuana. I'd like to see some legitimate logic as to why Tijuana would win this series aside from the GM who built this team. C'mon voters.... There's 24 of you. One voter has to have an opinion on this series.

KnicksorBust
10-18-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm very high on Conley. I believe he would limit Deron and Tijuana's frontcourt edge wins this close series.

KnicksorBust
10-18-2013, 06:18 PM
I think AI has done an excellent job with this team, especially considering its his first NBA Re-draft, but I still don't quite get why this is so close. Aside from him, I haven't seen a single decent post arguing in favor of Tijuana. I'd like to see some legitimate logic as to why Tijuana would win this series aside from the GM who built this team. C'mon voters.... There's 24 of you. One voter has to have an opinion on this series.

Tijuana is more balanced. They have the best post player in the league, one of the best defensive bigs in the league, one of the best 2way pgs in the league, and shooters. What's the problem?

mightybosstone
10-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Tijuana is more balanced. They have the best post player in the league, one of the best defensive bigs in the league, one of the best 2way pgs in the league, and shooters. What's the problem?

Everything you just said could describe Tampa Bay's team, except Tampa is far more reliably offensively, and I would trust Deron as a No. 1 in a playoff series way before I would trust Lopez. Tampa's No. 2 and No. 3 guys (Lee and Parsons) are also superior to Tijauana's (Conley and Ibaka). Tampa also has the superior bench, and their defense would be every bit as disruptive at Tijuana. Also, you didn't take into consideration the massive advantage that Tampa has on the glass. Sanders and Lee are both elite rebounders for their positions, while Ibaka and Lopez are both below average rebounders.

Another thing to consider is the massive question mark that is Danny Granger. He's been abysmal in the preseason, and I've seen a couple of analysts say they think he's a complete shell of his former self.

I Rock Shaqs
10-18-2013, 09:10 PM
I see the starters as a complete draw so I have to go to the bench and Tampa Bay wins by a slight edge with Lin, Meek Mill & Collison over Copeland and Wright.

Bruno
10-18-2013, 09:15 PM

x2. mbt is going overboard. there are plenty of reasons to vote TJ, just as their are plenty of reasons to pick Tampa Bay. It really comes down to preference since this series would be pretty damn close and go seven games.

posters keep talking about the gap between Conley and Williams, but lets look at their regular season WS/48 and note that Conley made the defensive team this year. I'd still choose Williams over Conley but the gap isn't that drastic. I dont see how that's whats swaying the voters, I've seen a few people note that as their main reason for choosing TB.

either team could take this series really, I chose TJ narrowly for a lot of the same reasons you did.

Sportfan
10-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Lol Conley is a good player but he's getting way too much love. I feel like his defensive numbers are almost like the rondo situation in that they are significantly inflated defensive numbers because of their respective team's post defense

Deron is simply on another level. He's a game changer. These 2 PG's have marched up 11 times. Deron has gone for 20 6 times, Conley has never scored 20 on him

Sportfan
10-18-2013, 11:55 PM
VOTEPEOPLE!!!!!! Let's get 60 votes on this please thank you

Sadds The Gr8
10-18-2013, 11:57 PM
another upset????

Sportfan
10-18-2013, 11:59 PM

Ibaka isn't one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Brook is lethal offensively, but faces someone who actually is a top defensive big plus he has major flaws defensively and on the boards

Conley is good but he isn't in the same tier at Conley at all. Parsons is a better shooter than Granger, and since Crawford is now strictly a spot up without much ball handling to create his shot, he has a minimal effect with Avery draped on him

Not to mention my main role bench players are superior

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 12:11 AM
20 minutes left!!!!

SLY GUY YOUve been in this thread for 10 minutes make the right vote!!!! Tie it up!

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Ouch that might be the dagger

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 12:24 AM
Everyone ****ing vote right now

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 12:34 AM
I hate you pl you come watch this thread and don't even vote :(

Congrats to AI, he deserves it for being here longer than the last hour of the poll

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Oh **** wtf how did it tie?

Swerveeeee
Any not counting votes?

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 12:38 AM
WHere is everyone at?!?!?!? **** it I'm sleeping that was such a climatic and anti climatic ending at the same time #paradox

Sadds The Gr8
10-19-2013, 12:56 AM
another OT in this?

Sadds The Gr8
10-19-2013, 12:58 AM
nope, Drummond #1 100> posts

Tampa advances.

Chrisclover
10-19-2013, 01:06 AM
my wrong .somebody sent me a private message to ask for my vote ,so i clicked the link .
I tried to read the comments and build my own arguments ,but i was totally confused when i saw different people holding varied yet solid arguments .
To be honest ,i don't know too well about the role players ,especially those who dont have many minutes or even cant make themselves into the rotation .But sometimes it is the bench depth that decides the outcomes of the crucial games
OK ,next time ,if i dont have my own stance, i wont vote because of some particular players

Sadds The Gr8
10-19-2013, 01:12 AM
my wrong .somebody sent me a private message to ask for my vote ,so i clicked the link .
I tried to read the comments and build my own arguments ,but i was totally confused when i saw different people holding varied yet solid arguments .
To be honest ,i don't know too well about the role players ,especially those who dont have many minutes or even cant make themselves into the rotation .But sometimes it is the bench depth that decides the outcomes of the crucial games
OK ,next time ,if i dont have my own stance, i wont vote because of some particular players

LOL who asked you for their vote?

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Before someone says it, it wasn't me

Chrisclover
10-19-2013, 01:43 AM
sorry, i didnt make myself understood.
He asked me to vote,but he didnt ask me to vote for him.

LOL who asked you for their vote?

Sadds The Gr8
10-19-2013, 01:45 AM

who was it tho?

Chrisclover
10-19-2013, 02:05 AM
AI.
I didnt know him,it was the first time i contacted him yesterday .
i saw there was Supreme rnoderator under his account name,so I thought he is the moderator and it was my obligation as a PSDer to join in this debate and vote for someone

who was it tho?

Matter.
10-19-2013, 02:07 AM
AI.
i saw there was Supreme rnoderator under his account name,so I thought he is the moderator and it was my obligation as a PSDer to join in this debate and vote for someone

who was it tho?

Intriguing

AI
10-19-2013, 04:16 AM
So did Sporty advance or is this a tie? Just got home.

The_Jamal
10-19-2013, 04:23 AM
AI.

:laugh2:

holy ****

AI
10-19-2013, 04:23 AM
nope, Drummond #1 100> posts

Tampa advances.

Just noticed this. Congrats to Sporty and Greg. Good luck in the finals.

AI
10-19-2013, 04:28 AM

This. I asked a lot of people to vote, never asked anyone to vote for me though. Just wanted votes, period.

KoB later told me that asking people to vote apparently wasn't allowed, rookie mistake. As I told him and others, I just wanted a good # of votes, regardless of who they voted for. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote, and good luck to Sporty and Greg, excellent matchup.

Sadds The Gr8
10-19-2013, 04:40 AM
ok no controversy then. It wasn't Sporty or Greg. Tampa moves on.

thank god...wasn't in the mood for BS.

AI
10-19-2013, 04:44 AM
ok no controversy then. It wasn't Sporty or Greg. Tampa moves on.

thank god...wasn't in the mood for BS.

Yup. Sucks that I lost by one vote and that that vote won because he liked Jeremy Lin though. :(

Conference finals loss by one vote is pretty good for a rookie.

The_Jamal
10-19-2013, 05:33 AM
This. I asked a lot of people to vote, never asked anyone to vote for me though. Just wanted votes, period.

KoB later told me that asking people to vote apparently wasn't allowed, rookie mistake. As I told him and others, I just wanted a good # of votes, regardless of who they voted for. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote, and good luck to Sporty and Greg, excellent matchup.

Generally, the rule is to keep things in a public view. Vming somebody or posting in the lounge is fine. But it starts getting fishy when people say they got Pmed to go vote by a person and then they go and vote for that person

AI
10-19-2013, 05:40 AM
Generally, the rule is to keep things in a public view. Vming somebody or posting in the lounge is fine. But it starts getting fishy when people say they got Pmed to go vote by a person and then they go and vote for that person

Well, he didn't vote for me, neither did the grand majority of the guys I pm'd. Definitely know that next redraft it isn't allowed or it is "frowned upon though". Next time I'll just VM. Seriously though, you can ask around, I just asked for people to vote. Never asked anyone to vote for me, just wanted a good # of votes.

Going to sleep now, drunk as can be,

Chrisclover
10-19-2013, 07:00 AM
realizing i changed the whole game ,i went speechless .
Anyway ,keep improving ,AI!
i will try to get closer to the stats stuff and have a more comprehensive knowledge about the strengths and weaknesses of more players .
will not vote randomly again :o

Well, he didn't vote for me, neither did the grand majority of the guys I pm'd. Definitely know that next redraft it isn't allowed or it is "frowned upon though". Next time I'll just VM. Seriously though, you can ask around, I just asked for people to vote. Never asked anyone to vote for me, just wanted a good # of votes.

Going to sleep now, drunk as can be,

Sportfan
10-19-2013, 09:13 AM
ai.
I saw there was supreme rnoderator under his account name,so i thought he is the moderator and it was my obligation as a psder to join in this debate and vote for someone
lol

Chrisclover
10-19-2013, 10:33 AM
good luck in the Finals!
Did I look like Ray Allen shooting a clutch 3 to save Heat?just saw your posts around the deadline ,you thought you lost and congrated AI. LOL
hope you win it all:clap:

lol