PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden has setback

Knick_Fever
10-16-2013, 07:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9835679/greg-oden-miami-heat-held-practice-swelling-knee

That was quick.

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2013, 07:29 PM
First classy post....

So a guy in training camp has a swollen knee.....that never happens to any player

MrfadeawayJB
10-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Is this thread worthy? It's just swelling, and everyone expected this to happen

therealwd27
10-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Lol what a douch. Post about Melo wanting to test FA don't worry about Oden and very common knee swelling that happens to everyone in the pre season. Oden will be fine

ATX
10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
I thought we all knew he was going to be brought along slowly. Is swelling in his surgically repaired knee shocking to anyone? One day at a time for him, and perhaps he can help contribute later during the season and hopefully be a go on limited minutes during the playoffs. Wishing him the best in his comeback bid.

Knick_Fever
10-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Lol what a douch. Post about Melo wanting to test FA don't worry about Oden and very common knee swelling that happens to everyone in the pre season. Oden will be fine

lol, you're obviously clueless to think that. And this isnt just any guy. Funny how people start threads about Amare's setbacks during the season, and the thread goes on for days. No reason to get offended softies.

Knick_Fever
10-16-2013, 07:48 PM
I thought we all knew he was going to be brought along slowly. Is swelling in his surgically repaired knee shocking to anyone? One day at a time for him, and perhaps he can help contribute later during the season and hopefully be a go on limited minutes during the playoffs. Wishing him the best in his comeback bid.

I was hoping to see this guy play a few times, so hopefully this is just something he can recover from. I'm rooting for the guy, as well as Amare. Its just something that's difficult to overlook considering their history.

therealwd27
10-16-2013, 07:56 PM
I was hoping to see this guy play a few times, so hopefully this is just something he can recover from. I'm rooting for the guy, as well as Amare. Its just something that's difficult to overlook considering their history.

Wow a knick/rose fan with sense that's rare. My bad man just so used to the hate with anything Miami related. Any ways he will play he's in great shape and the Heat are doing a great job with his rehabilitation. He will play sooner rather than later

5ass
10-16-2013, 08:06 PM
lol, you're obviously clueless to think that. And this isnt just any guy. Funny how people start threads about Amare's setbacks during the season, and the thread goes on for days. No reason to get offended softies.
Amare got an uninsured max contract. His downfall crippled the kniks. Oden is playing for the min

Knick_Fever
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Wow a knick/rose fan with sense that's rare. My bad man just so used to the hate with anything Miami related. Any ways he will play he's in great shape and the Heat are doing a great job with his rehabilitation. He will play sooner rather than later

No problem, I understand. I definitely like the way the Heat are handling him, preserving him for the long run. If the guy makes it to the playoffs w/out a season-ender, there gonna be even more of a match-up nightmare for opponents.

GiantsSwaGG
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Amare has better knees than him so it was insane for the Heat to sign him!

beasted86
10-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Oden has swelling in his knees everyday. The medical staff measures his knees before and after every workout, and you see him walking around with big ice bags on both knees.

This should be team forum material, surely not NBA Forum.

beasted86
10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Amare has better knees than him so it was insane for the Heat to sign him!

HEAT signed Oden 1yr non-guaranteed, veteran minimum, $880,000.

Knicks signed Amare 5yr, fully guaranteed, non-insured, $100,000,000.

I just wonder what your take is on Stoudemire?

ManRam
10-16-2013, 08:37 PM
It's the ultimate zero risk, unknown amounts of reward. Anything they get from him is gravy. I'm not certain how much this particular setback will matter in the long run, and only time will tell...but anyone who thought it would be a smooth return to being a productive player had unreasonable expectations. It's still gonna be a bumpy road, and hopefully this is just a little one.

I'm rooting for him.

And I don't see why Heat fans need to act so defensive here either. I mean, a certain amount of Knicks fans here can be annoying and obviously aren't posting with polite intentions, but still. This is what it is. He had a setback...so be it.

Max.This
10-16-2013, 09:43 PM
In all fairness i want the HEAT to fail but not necessarily oden . I hope he doesnt play due to a small highly curable cold

Slug3
10-16-2013, 10:38 PM
The question mark here is how bad and what kind of swelling? I mean every nba player ices their knees after practice and games cause they have some swelling. It could be minor like this.

Chrisclover
10-17-2013, 12:43 AM
every time somebody claimed he would be fine , i kept silent .
It seems that the media always grasp sth trivial and proclaim sth colossal is gonna happen .this sort of hype thing shouldn't be paid too much attention .Only time will tell the truth

valade16
10-17-2013, 11:48 AM

There are several Portland Trailblazer fans who agree with you /sarcasm

hidalgo
10-17-2013, 12:15 PM
http://images.blu-ray.com/reviews/333_5.jpg

colinskik
10-17-2013, 12:44 PM

And herein lies the problem with most Heat fans. You can't even talk about a guy whose knee problems are so well documented that it's even a miracle he can still walk let alone try to play in the NBA again. But no, you take it as "trolling" or whatever you want to call it.

Of course this is news because the likelihood of him missing most of the season due to his knees is through the roof.

How about before you post a flame response you think about it rationally.

DR_1
10-17-2013, 12:46 PM
:laugh2:

beasted86
10-17-2013, 01:44 PM
And herein lies the problem with most Heat fans. You can't even talk about a guy whose knee problems are so well documented that it's even a miracle he can still walk let alone try to play in the NBA again. But no, you take it as "trolling" or whatever you want to call it.

Of course this is news because the likelihood of him missing most of the season due to his knees is through the roof.

How about before you post a flame response you think about it rationally.

Oden was never going to play most of the season. He isn't in the rotation.

He was signed as a situational Center to be used the same way Joel Anthony or Mike Miller were used. Guys who only play roughly half the season and 10-15 minutes.

Rockice_8
10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Lay off the OP just cause he's a Knicks fan. If you don't want to talk about the topic don't click on it.

We all knew this was going to happen. I feel for the guy and hope he can get himself together enough for some sort of career but at this point counting on him seems like a lost cause.

Rockice_8
10-17-2013, 02:08 PM

He was signed as a situational Center to be used the same way Joel Anthony or Mike Miller were used. Guys who only play roughly half the season and 10-15 minutes.

At this point I'd be shocked if he can even handle that.

colinskik
10-17-2013, 02:13 PM

Of course.

But I'm calling that an injury will force him out again. Not that I want to see that happen, but I would certainly bet on it.

mark1125
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't sound the alarms yet. Besides, I doubt the Heat's success or failure this year will hinge on Oden's PT.

amak316
10-18-2013, 01:50 AM
The heat fans just aren't used to having any players that everyone is actually rooting for so they go to their default defensive rebuttals. I'm pretty sure 95% of these boards would be thrilled to see Oden have an all-star year... then leave the heat next season and find their favorite team.