PDA

View Full Version : Royce White overcomes his fear, flies with the 76ers

LTBaByyy
10-16-2013, 06:42 PM
He just posted on his twitter of him flying with the team

www.Twitter.com/Highway_30

Kashmir13579
10-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Man, thats great for him. Wish him nothing but the best.

ManningToTyree
10-16-2013, 06:51 PM
I didn't think this would ever happen

RipCity32
10-16-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm sick of the guy. I know we are all supposed to feel sentimental about it but the guy just seems like he has a drama queen problem to go along with his anxiety.

homestarunner93
10-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Someone give little Royce a sticker!

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 07:17 PM
I don't care if he's flying between games, taking a bus or riding a ****ing tricycle. I'm just glad he's not on Houston's roster anymore. Finding out that the Rockets got rid of him and signed Howard in the same day was a truly kickass day.

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm sick of the guy. I know we are all supposed to feel sentimental about it but the guy just seems like he has a drama queen problem to go along with his anxiety.

What do you base that on....a real anxiety disorder is serious, it can cause you to not sleep, make you physically ill, give you asthma like symptoms, it can cause you to not be able to make a decision, and can almost make you catatonic.....

The drama in Houston was not drama it was something he needed to get worked on...just because he flew now does mean he is over this, it will take awhile, maybe some meds, and some changes in thought process whether that means therapy or not

so what specifically leads you to your opinion...support it with the facts that caused it

MrfadeawayJB
10-16-2013, 07:32 PM
It's a good thing too cause he had one foot out the league

ChildishGambino
10-16-2013, 07:33 PM
he's flown before though, he just doesn't want to do it repeatedly

"I can fly, I will fly... just not 100 times. That's over exposure for a phobia. Just facts! Busing is cool though, the road is therapeutic; Royce White (@Highway_30)"

that was when he was first traded to philly. i don't know how to embed the tweet.

nyyfan4life
10-16-2013, 07:40 PM
He hasn't just suddenly overcome his fear of flying. He knows that his career is likely over if he can't hack it with Philly. Plus, he likely wants his option to be picked up and the only way he can do that is by playing. He's a narcissistic douche and has set athletes with anxiety issues back with all of his stupid drama.

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 07:40 PM
What do you base that on....a real anxiety disorder is serious, it can cause you to not sleep, make you physically ill, give you asthma like symptoms, it can cause you to not be able to make a decision, and can almost make you catatonic.....

The drama in Houston was not drama it was something he needed to get worked on...just because he flew now does mean he is over this, it will take awhile, maybe some meds, and some changes in thought process whether that means therapy or not

so what specifically leads you to your opinion...support it with the facts that caused it

I can assure you, Royce White brought on his fair share of drama in his time with Houston, whether it was refusing to go to the D-League, deliberately missing practice or meetings with team-appointed doctors or constantly criticizing the Rockets, who did everything in their power to accommodate his needs. The guy may be sick, but if he's so sick that the things he did last season keep happening, he has no business playing basketball in the NBA.

I can't tell you how glad I was to be rid of him. Maybe he won't be that much of a headache in Philly, but I've never seen a player get on a team's bad side faster than White did in Houston. Good luck.

therealwd27
10-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Hopefully it all works out..didn't he just have like 4 fouls in 37 seconds his last game?

BKLYNpigeon
10-16-2013, 07:46 PM
I dont care, and I dont know why I'm responding.

VinceCarter
10-16-2013, 07:49 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Hope he becomes unemployed. Huge trash talker who thinks he runs things.

N3TS
10-17-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm glad to see he has made this type of progress. I always wanted to see how he would turn out in the nba...a year later but better late than never I guess.

RipCity32
10-17-2013, 01:27 AM

I'm no expert on the disorder. I have however always had a minor case of anxiety from time to time. Most cases I would think with anxiety you would avoid confrontations and unlike some of the things that this drama queen likes to stir up in his tweets and attitude towards the league like they owe him something. I don't like crowds so for example I would never choose to be in a field like stand up comedy even though I'm good at it. White chose his path and seems to have no problem collecting a paycheck and still ***** and complain when his employer wants to see him show that he is committed and trying. Good to see he might be taking this step because he is a talented player but well see.

shep33
10-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Hope he does well. Anxiety disorders can cripple people. It's very serious and can make you feel like your essentially dying each and every minute of the day.

It's a terrible condition to be faced with.

JNA17
10-17-2013, 02:01 AM
but I've never seen a player get on a team's bad side faster than White did in Houston.

White won't hold that title long with Dwight on that team now.

KingPosey
10-17-2013, 02:03 AM

There are tons of examples... It's a pretty well documented story. Look it up if you're that desperate for the facts.

NoahH
10-17-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm sick of his BS too. I understand he has a clinical anxiety issue, which is fine but he seems to be such a drama queen and just a cancer to a team. Furthermore, we know he's a headcase after that robbery charge at the Mall of America

D-Leethal
10-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Guess they have better shrinks in Philly.

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 09:24 PM
White won't hold that title long with Dwight on that team now.
That's extremely unlikely. Unless He refuses to do something asked of him by the front office and begins criticizing the team within the first month or two of the regular season, he's safe. Also, he'll be on a much longer leash than White because he's a superstar athlete who can do and say pretty much whatever the hell he wants as long as he's playing well and the team is winning.

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 10:04 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626251-houston-rockets-royce-white-takes-twitter-jab-at-kevin-durant-and-okc-thunder

I don't feel bad for this guy. Anxiety disorder or not, he's full of crap. Talking a bunch of crap on KD when he's playing D-League games because he can't fly in planes? Then he asks fans to do something about it? Not exactly a good representation of someone who has an anxiety disorder.

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 10:04 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626251-houston-rockets-royce-white-takes-twitter-jab-at-kevin-durant-and-okc-thunder

I don't feel bad for this guy. Anxiety disorder or not, he's full of crap. Talking a bunch of crap on KD when he's playing D-League games because he can't fly in planes? Then he asks fans to do something about it? Not exactly a good representation of someone who has an anxiety disorder.

R. Johnson#3
10-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Someone give little Royce a sticker!

:laugh:

Delrayhc
10-17-2013, 11:46 PM
He needs a good dose of turbulence.

ewing
10-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Guess they have better shrinks in Philly.

do you really think he just wanted out of Houston?

Rndy
10-18-2013, 12:04 AM
I hate flying as well not sure why just freaks me the **** out but I do it a lot. Xannax can do wonders especially if I was getting pro athlete money.

JWorthy42
10-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Good for him.

kobe4thewinbang
10-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Huzzah!

amak316
10-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Now his Teammates have to overcome their fear of actually having to spend time with Royce White. He may even be too big of a cancer for a team that is trying to tank!

RiceOnTheRun
10-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Hope he becomes unemployed. Huge trash talker who thinks he runs things.

Agreed.

Doesn't deserve to be in the league. There are plenty of just as talented players who would kill for the opportunities he's gotten.

pd7631
10-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Agreed.

Doesn't deserve to be in the league. There are plenty of just as talented players who would kill for the opportunities he's gotten.

No, there are not plenty of players with just as much talent. If there were, then wouldn't you think that they would've been given the nod over Royce White? Why would any team take a chance on a guy with the issues Royce has, if not for his high talent level. Hell, if it weren't for his anxiety issues, he would've been a top 10 pick, no questions asked.

And it's ridiculous that people wish such bad things for him. There seems to be this "just suck it up" attitude out there, as if it is as simple as that. If it were that simple, I'm sure Royce White would have no problem doing that, and making millions of dollars for 10+ years in the league. But guess what, it's not that simple. Grow up people, and realize that human beings aren't made in a factory, everyone is different, and to poo poo someone else's problems as not being real, is the most ignorant thing you can do.

I would not be surprised to find out that the same people on here that say "he doesn't deserve to be in the league" or "I hope he becomes unemployed", would also be the people who go on twitter and send death threats to athletes for making an error or playing poorly.

KnickaBocka.44
10-19-2013, 01:18 PM
No, there are not plenty of players with just as much talent. If there were, then wouldn't you think that they would've been given the nod over Royce White? Why would any team take a chance on a guy with the issues Royce has, if not for his high talent level. Hell, if it weren't for his anxiety issues, he would've been a top 10 pick, no questions asked.

And it's ridiculous that people wish such bad things for him. There seems to be this "just suck it up" attitude out there, as if it is as simple as that. If it were that simple, I'm sure Royce White would have no problem doing that, and making millions of dollars for 10+ years in the league. But guess what, it's not that simple. Grow up people, and realize that human beings aren't made in a factory, everyone is different, and to poo poo someone else's problems as not being real, is the most ignorant thing you can do.

I would not be surprised to find out that the same people on here that say "he doesn't deserve to be in the league" or "I hope he becomes unemployed", would also be the people who go on twitter and send death threats to athletes for making an error or playing poorly.

See, you are taking the stance that people get upset about him not being able to play because of his condition when, for the most part, people would defend him and his condition at first.

It has been his handling of the situation which has caused people to second guess him and after a number of tweets disparaging the league and the Rockets organization, and even talking **** to other players.

The post you just made may have been appropriate a year ago, but the fact is that his condition isn't why people don't want him to succeed; it's because he's a dick.