PDA

View Full Version : Lebron " No Rivalries in the East "

Stunner
10-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Lol Ok Lebron http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2013/10/16/lebron-james-sees-no-rivalries-for-heat-in-eastern-conference

LeperMessiah
10-16-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry your team isn't that relevant....

canefandynasty
10-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol Ok Lebron http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2013/10/16/lebron-james-sees-no-rivalries-for-heat-in-eastern-conference

Don't take it personal. He just means the Heat do not have a real arch rival, like Yankees-Red Sox, Cubs-Cardinals, Giants-Dodgers, etc...

Stunner
10-16-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry your team isn't that relevant....

Bulls aren't relevant ?

Stunner
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Don't take it personal. He just means the Heat do not have a real arch rival, like Yankees-Red Sox, Cubs-Cardinals, Giants-Dodgers, etc...

I would say the Bulls and Pacers are their Rivals if anything . Everytime they play it feels like a playoff game .

Rivera
10-16-2013, 05:43 PM
You have to beat them in the playoffs in order for it to be a rivalry

So many bulls fans get butt hurt when there team or players don't get praised it's pretty funny especially knowing they have been one piece away for the past 3 or 4 years including this year

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM
I think he meant as in a contending team that they hate?:shrug:

Stunner
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM

So many bulls fans get butt hurt when there team or players don't get praised it's pretty funny especially knowing they have been one piece away for the past 3 or 4 years including this year

Butt hurt about what ? Lol he said rivalries I would consider the Pacers and Bulls rivals of the Heat ; Nets and Knicks have a Rivalry as well against each other. Should have picked a better choice of words that's all . Lebron even with all of his success doesn't like to give certain teams credit when they beat them , Melo as well .

Theyhateme459
10-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I agree

king4day
10-16-2013, 05:50 PM

That'd be like saying the Bulls of the 90's had no rivals. The Knicks/Bulls was fierce. NY never topped them with Jordan, but those were must-see games.

Rivera
10-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Butt hurt about what ? Lol he said rivalries I would consider the Pacers and Bulls rivals of the Heat .

Butt hurt because LeBron didn't say the bulls are a rival. That's why you posted LOL ok LeBron cause you mad he didn't say the bulls

You can't be there rival when you lost to them 4-1 twice lmao

Indy is there closest rival but until they beat them in a 7 game series it's not a real rivalry in my book

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 05:53 PM
That's okay if Lebron feels that way. I will still enjoy Heat-Bulls and Heat-Pacer games.

Stunner
10-16-2013, 05:54 PM
That'd be like saying the Bulls of the 90's had no rivals. The Knicks/Bulls was fierce. NY never topped them with Jordan, but those were must-see games.

Exactly , having bad blood between two teams is enough to have a rivalry. Depending on the players involved and history .

Rivera

Must see intense games don't always equal rivalry. Plus the Knicks beat the bulls to get to the finals so the Knicks did beat the bulls in the playoffs

Bruno
INDY has taken Miami to seven games two years in a row. thats a rivalry.

and while Chicago was injured last year, that should be a nice rivalry in the future as well.

LeBron and the Heat should just be relieved that father time finally pulled the rug on the boston celtics.

ThuglifeJ
10-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Chicago wishes they were some big rivalry with the heat that everyone talks about..
I for once agree with something Lebron says.. their games vs West are much more exciting and anticipated

3RDASYSTEM
10-16-2013, 06:06 PM

Exactly what I was thinking and he's right

I mean the closest in history would be NYC or CHICAGO but JORDAN always swept those MIA squads for most part but NYC were some classic type battles, especially the VAN GUNDY leg grab or something of that nature

Rivera
10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I can see indy fans saying there the heat s rival because of the history between the two teams as well as there recent history. Miami is there hump. Bulls need to make it a 6 game series before even thinking there Miami's level

I can see Miami and there fans POV about them not having Rivalries.

I feel like basketballs only true rivalry is Boston v LAL compared to other sports rivalries

beasted86
10-16-2013, 06:10 PM
The 90s Bulls didn't have an East rival past the very early Pistons either.

When you are going to the Finals every year, all you have is haters.

ManningToTyree
10-16-2013, 06:25 PM
^the Knicks?

Minimal
10-16-2013, 06:32 PM

and while Chicago was injured last year, that should be a nice rivalry in the future as well.

LeBron and the Heat should just be relieved that father time finally pulled the rug on the boston celtics.
Check your facts again.
And last year refs were clearly pushing the Pacers to make the series interesting, it went to 7 games.

Bruno
10-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Check your facts again.
And last year refs were clearly pushing the Pacers to make the series interesting, it went to 7 games.

my bad, i thought they took them to seven in 2012.

the second part of your post is laughable.

ManRam
10-16-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't think he's wrong. Also, what do you expect him to say instead?

The Heat have few historical rivals. The Knicks would be the most obvious one but the Knicks pose zero threat to the Heat now. The Celtics aren't relevant right now. I've never considered Orlando v Miami a rivalry since we've never played a meaningful game...so we can scratch that geographical one out.

The Bulls and Pacers are really all that would qualify.

They've played the Bulls in the playoffs one time since he's been there and they won in 5. There's a decent amount of history, but if were talking LeBron-era I don't think we should expect him to consider it one.

They've played Indy twice, and both were really great series. That's their best competition in the East, for sure, but a rival? IDK. There's zero history to it either...and probably couldn't even be labeled a "rivalry" 8 months ago.

I don't think this is a bash-worthy comment for the fact that he's not entirely off and because what the hell else do you expect him to say?

Minimal
10-16-2013, 06:56 PM
my bad, i thought they took them to seven in 2012.

the second part of your post is laughable.
Before game 7, Miami with LeBron(7.8 Career FTA), Wade(8.6 Career FTA), Bosh (6.7 Career FTA) who are great at getting to the line shot 137 FTs, Indiana with Hibbert (ok Hibbert is explainable in this series, but still career 2.9 FTA), Paul George (Career average 2.7 FTA) and David West (career average 3.8 FTA), shot 174 free throws. Thats almost 40 times more and is around 30+ points difference.
And boom game 7 Miami shot 38 free throws and Indiana only 20. Strange no? See where its going?

ManRam
10-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Before game 7, Miami with LeBron(7.8 Career FTA), Wade(8.6 Career FTA), Bosh (6.7 Career FTA) who are great at getting to the line shot 137 FTs, Indiana with Hibbert (ok Hibbert is explainable in this series, but still career 2.9 FTA), Paul George (Career average 2.7 FTA) and David West (career average 3.8 FTA), shot 174 free throws. Thats almost 40 times more and is around 30+ points difference.
And boom game 7 Miami shot 38 free throws and Indiana only 20. Strange no? See where its going?

Who cares? You guys won.

(that series certainly did not favor the Heat, I do agree...but no one wants to hear that)

Bruno
10-16-2013, 07:47 PM

boom game seven? no, boom game six. all of the sudden the leagues desire to expand the series disappeared after game five? Miami shot more in game six as well when Indy won.

why would you expect Wade to post his average in FTA during this series, he was playing on one leg and wasn't attacking the basket? And Indy has the perfect defense to guard LBJ and Miami, especially when Wade is marginalized. The length of George with Hibbert in the post means you don't have to reach. The aging Miami team did have to reach to deal with the youth of Indy, hence the differential.

i thought the officiating was more than acceptable.

beasted86
10-16-2013, 08:22 PM
^the Knicks?

No. How can 90s Knicks and Bulls be rivals.. 90s Knicks and Pacers be rivals... 90s Knicks and HEAT be rivals... all at the same time?

End of the day all of these teams were just competitors but the Bulls had no rival. All 3 of those teams were just haters on the Bulls because during that era all of them got bounced by the Bulls multiple times. You can only be rivals if the teams are relatively equal and the wins and losses are back and forth.

THE MTL
10-16-2013, 08:24 PM

I know what you thinking......and no the Bulls are not a rival of the Heat.

davids22
10-16-2013, 09:13 PM
The closest team the Heat had a rivalry with was probably the Celtics, but that is gone now.

Lebron could never get past Boston while in Cleveland. They were a championship caliber team and were heavy on the smack talk towards Lebron. D-Wade also had some monster games against them but couldn't get the wins.

It climaxed with that ECF en route to Lebron's first win.

But as far as current rivals, there's no huge rivalry. The Bulls would be the closest thing due to the level of smack talk between players, loud fanbases, etc. But the competition isn't really there since Miami is 8-2 in the playoffs against Chicago (regular season babbies plz).

The Pacers I GUESS just due to playoff record and maybe a little bad blood with the whole Juwan Howard incident, but Heat still won both series and are 8-5 against them in playoffs.

But to be honest, my favorite Heat games to watch are Heat/Bulls, Heat/Celtics, Heat/Lakers, and Heat/Thunder

John Walls Era
10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
To be a rival you have to be near their level...

so seems about right. No one in the East can even beat the Heat.

Slug3
10-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Well I think someone has to beat them first for their to be a rivalry.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
10-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Although hes not necessarily wrong, I cannot wait til this Heat team sees the Bulls, and the East in general, at full strength. They better keep a level head or they wont 3peat

Dade County
10-16-2013, 10:51 PM

game 6 and a game 7... and in both, the HEAT ran away with both series ending games.

Miami doesn't have any rivals in the East... But we do have a heated fan rivalry with the Knciks.

Team*Chicago
10-16-2013, 11:32 PM
I have no problem LeBron saying that but he never won a championship in Rose's presence on the court and the heat never been ranked #1 in the league standings either.

ThaDubs
10-16-2013, 11:38 PM

So Bulls of the 90s had no rivals ok.

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-16-2013, 11:39 PM
I have no problem LeBron saying that but he never won a championship in Rose's presence on the court and the heat never been ranked #1 in the league standings either.

That makes no sense.... The HEAT still beat the Bulls with Rose to make it to the Finals. What happens after that has ZERO to do with the Bulls lol. That was pretty dumb... nice try tho.

And Lebron is 100% right when he says there is tension - but no rivalries.

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Hahahaha, 4-1 beat down in the playoffs - twice.. Yet it's a rivalry? Only rivalry I see are the Pacers, OKC, and always with the Lakers. Boston was a rivalry, no longer this year. Please, don't mention the Bulls. Is it a good story? Yes. Is it remotely close to a legendary rivalry? No. Rivalry=Boston vs Lakers, not a scrub who shoots 30% in the playoffs against Miami. These Bulls fans reached another level of hysteria. "Can't wait till Miami plays them in the playoffs when Rose is healthy." You do realize they beat your MVP and would have beaten them again had Rose played.

albertajaysfan
10-17-2013, 12:03 AM

40 times 137 is not 174. They almost shot 40 more free throws. 40 times more is extremely different.

If Miami shot 137 and Indy shot 40 times more that would mean they shot roughly 5500 free throws which would be insane.

Plus you guys won so stop whining it makes Heat fans look bad.

Team*Chicago
10-17-2013, 12:11 AM
That makes no sense.... The HEAT still beat the Bulls with Rose to make it to the Finals. What happens after that has ZERO to do with the Bulls lol. That was pretty dumb... nice try tho.

And Lebron is 100% right when he says there is tension - but no rivalries.

It doesn't have make sense but it's still the truth and the truth is the only thing that matters.

No Rose = x2 heat championships

A Rose = No heat championship

pd1dish
10-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Check your facts again.

wow...a Miami fan bringing up referees lol

youve got the two biggest whiners in the NBA on your team who get every foul call in the world

KG2TB
10-17-2013, 12:13 AM
The only time the heat beat the Bulls in the playoffs with a healthy Rose, Rose was just 21 years old and no one gave that Bulls team a realistic chance for a top 3 seed that year. How far did LeBron get his 3rd year in the league? Either way, should be a great season. I love that he said that and should make things eve more interesting when the Heat play top teams in the east.

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 12:14 AM
It doesn't have make sense but it's still the truth and the truth is the only thing that matters.

Let me guess, Rose is the truth? I know people respect the Bulls franchise because of Jordan, but you guys are starting to become a nuisance with all these assumptions that Bulls would beat Miami if Rose was healthy. Did it occur to you that Miami already beat them? In fact, Bulls without Rose managed to to win the same amount of games they won with Rose.

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 12:17 AM
The only time the heat beat the Bulls in the playoffs with a healthy Rose, Rose was just 21 years old and no one gave that Bulls team a realistic chance for a top 3 seed that year. What was LeBron doing his 3rd year in the league? Either way, should be a great season.

LeBron didn't have that kind of a roster in his 3rd year. You know it, everyone else knows it too. Stop making fallacies a "reality". LeBron in his third year posted numbers that Rose's MVP year couldn't even touch. Note: Ask to yourself, what does Rose do better than LeBron?

1) He's not a better passer.
2) Not a better scorer.
3) Not a better rebounder.
4) Not a better defender.
5) Not a better late game performer.
6) Not more athletic.

Seriously, pick something that Rose is actually better than LeBron at.

KG2TB
10-17-2013, 12:24 AM
LeBron didn't have that kind of a roster in his 3rd year. You know it, everyone else knows it too. Stop making fallacies a "reality". LeBron in his third year posted numbers that Rose's MVP year couldn't even touch. Note: Ask to yourself, what does Rose do better than LeBron?

1) He's not a better passer.
2) Not a better scorer.
3) Not a better rebounder.
4) Not a better defender.
5) Not a better late game performer.
6) Not more athletic.

Seriously, pick something that Rose is actually better than LeBron at.

You're forgetting that I never said Rose was better than LeBron. Kind of important. I do recall LeBron layin a brick in the finals and having other very sub par performances in the playoffs early in his career. You act like Rose won't improve. Every player and team goes through adversity and needs to get over the hump. You can't say that because a player at 21 had a bad playoff series, really, probably his only bad series won't ever get over the hump.

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 12:29 AM
You're forgetting that I never said Rose was better than LeBron. Kind of important. I do recall LeBron layin a brick in the finals and having other very sub par performances in the playoffs early in his career. You act like Rose won't improve. Every player and team goes through adversity and needs to get over the hump. You can't say that because a player at 21 had a bad playoff series, really, probably his only bad series won't ever get over the hump.

You compared them the moment you said "How far did James get his 3rd year." which was in reference to Rose making the ECF in his third year. Please learn to post. I'm not forgetting anything. Don't say Rose made it to the ECF in his third year and James didn't - and then say you never said Rose was better than LeBron. What was the point of that example? No, no. I'm not acting. I know he won't improve. Reason? Dude was never a "great" player to begin with. Example, check his career stats and accomplishments. Asides from that robbed MVP year and the stats for that season, what did he even do? KD is 25 and put up Rose's MVP numbers in his second year. That's great. Not someone who has an elite defensive team to make up for his mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXEPPKdGVA

Here's your MVP, Rose, proving exactly why he's "dominant". Here's your pooh bear shooting 7% (1-15) from the field when James is guarding him.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2011/5/27/2193427/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls

But.. hold on. This is his MVP year. You're telling me he's going to come back from an ACL injury and dominate? Oh hohoho

KG2TB
10-17-2013, 12:40 AM
You compared them the moment you said "How far did James get his 3rd year." which was in reference to Rose making the ECF in his third year. Please learn to post. I'm not forgetting anything. Don't say Rose made it to the ECF in his third year and James didn't - and then say you never said Rose was better than LeBron. What was the point of that example? No, no. I'm not acting. I know he won't improve. Reason? Dude was never a "great" player to begin with. Example, check his career stats and accomplishments. Asides from that robbed MVP year and the stats for that season, what did he even do? KD is 25 and put up Rose's MVP numbers in his second year. That's great. Not someone who has an elite defensive team to make up for his mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXEPPKdGVA

Here's your MVP, Rose, proving exactly why he's "dominant". Here's your pooh bear shooting 7% (1-15) from the field when James is guarding him.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2011/5/27/2193427/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls

But.. hold on. This is his MVP year. You're telling me he's going to come back from an ACL injury and dominate? Oh hohoho

Just out of curiousity...what was LeBron's stats in his first final apperance? You mean even LeBron had a bad series? And if you don't think Rose is an elite player there's obviously no point on going further. I don't even know why I wasted this much time. And again, I never said Rose is better than LeBron. Way to try to put words in my mouth. I compared their 3rd season to show that this 'not great' player you keep referring to got a Bulls team that nobody expected to be a top 3 seed that year, yet alone number 1, all the way to the ECF at 21 years old. Check the Bulls record with Rose and without him. Either way I see you have your mind made up. Good for you.

ztilzer31
10-17-2013, 12:47 AM
I'd say LBJ is wrong. Indiana is their obvious rivals. However I don't think it's that offensive, and none of the teams in the East have beat the LBJ led Heat in the playoffs so w/e. Kind of a one sided rivalry.

N3TS
10-17-2013, 12:47 AM
I can see the nets having tough physical games with the heat, seeing as pierce and Garnett aren't exactly buddies with Miami's trio....the bulls have been the team that has always threatened Miami in the east but rose was injured last year but with a healthy Rose they may just be able to this year. The pacers also have to be included in the discussion.

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Just out of curiousity...what was LeBron's stats in his first final apperance? You mean even LeBron had a bad series? And if you don't think Rose is an elite player there's obviously no point on going further. I don't even know why I wasted this much time. And again, I never said Rose is better than LeBron. Way to try to put words in my mouth. I compared their 3rd season to show that this 'not great' player you keep referring to got a Bulls team that nobody expected to be a top 3 seed that year, yet alone number 1, all the way to the ECF at 21 years old. Check the Bulls record with Rose and without him. Either way I see you have your mind made up. Good for you.

You never explicitly stated that but it's implied because you said how was James doing in his third year. Why use that argument if you weren't comparing these two players? Finals appearance, you mean the one in which Spurs sent master defenders in Bowen and Duncan along with the entire Spurs roster to target James? Who was in that Cavs team again? Go ahead, Google it. As a matter of fact, save your time and admire this roster:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html
http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/79/11/7911f12c999992dccd3231068590c9b4.png

Compare that with Rose's roster. That was honestly one of the worst rosters to play in the NBA finals. If you have any information, spit it out. And you constantly contradict yourself.

" Way to try to put words in my mouth. I compared their 3rd season to show that this 'not great' player you keep referring to got a Bulls team that nobody expected to be a top 3 seed that year, yet alone number 1, all the way to the ECF at 21 years old. Check the Bulls record with Rose and without him. Either way I see you have your mind made up. Good for you."

This implies that Rose was a better player because he led his team to such and such. Can you compile data, or is it too much for you to intake?

Rose is not an elite player. James is an elite player. Kevin Durant is an elite player. Chris Paul is an elite player. Not someone who posted 25/8 for one season and is coming off an ACL injury.

KG2TB
10-17-2013, 12:50 AM
If the bolded implied Rose is better than LeBron that I would worry about your ability to read and comprehend and not my ability to compile data. Sounds like a personal attack to me...lol

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 12:52 AM
If the bolded implied Rose is better than LeBron that I would worry about your ability to read and comprehend and not my ability to compile data. Sounds like a personal attack to me...lol

Did you not say Rose led his team that nobody expected to be top 3 seed let alone 1st? James didn't do that in his third year. So is Rose better than him or not? What does the fact that Rose "led" his team to the 1st seed actually mean than if he's not better? He has the better team, is that what you're trying to say? Please, don't make this any harder than it is. If you can't comprehend, don't post it. I want you to clarify what you meant by saying Rose led his team to the 1st seed while James didn't. What are you proving with such argument?

bbcmillionaire
10-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Lol Jesus shut the heck up already. The nba forum is a complete joke nowadays. It's getting quite repetitive around here. Bulls/rose thrashing. Kobe bashing, heat/LEBRON bashing, knick bashing. It's the same everyday, rose sucks, undeserved MVP, kobes career is over, LEBRON took the punk way to championships, laugh at knick fans. There's little debate in the nba forum. It's just insults to other fanbases.

bbcmillionaire
10-17-2013, 01:09 AM
With that being said, LEBRON may not see any rivalries. But ask who Derrick rose and ask Paul George who their #1 obstacle out east is. Matter a fact, ask Kevin Garnett, Carmelo Anthony as well. True no one has beat Miami in the last 2 playoff runs. But then again, Miami was the only team with their starters playing 90% of their games

bbcmillionaire
10-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Unlike other Bulls fans I personally never did looked at cryami has a rivalry because that team proven that they are some soft, pre-Madonna, cry babies. They maybe this super, mega, ultra, godly, fearsome team to 28 other teams in the league but to the Bulls they are some hoes, sluts and manginas.
Let your job be done because you're not smart enough to hold a intelligent argument anyway.

Lol my fellow bulls fan, DONT FEED THE TROLL. Let the troll lie under his bridge feeling lonely

Theyhateme459
10-17-2013, 01:46 AM
Let me explain why I agree. A rivalry is more than the #1 vs #2 team or the team that stands in your way. A rivalry is that matchup where both teams circles each other as that game they don't want to lose! They will almost lose to any other team besides that team... And the fans feel the same way. If both teams are #1 and #2 or #3 and #6 your still going to get that same intensity, bad blood, passion, and need to beat just that one team.

What we have now are teams who just want to win the chip. They don't care who they have to beat to get there... Miami will be just as satisfied by beating any of the teams in the east to make it. But ask a Red Sox fan how much better it will be to beat the Yankees on a way to a title... Hell the Knicks might have happily taken a finals lost just to be able to beat the bulls... It's that type of situation which rivalries are built on.

hotdalton18
10-17-2013, 01:56 AM

Butt hurt about what ? Lol he said rivalries I would consider the Pacers and Bulls rivals of the Heat ; Nets and Knicks have a Rivalry as well against each other. Should have picked a better choice of words that's all . Lebron even with all of his success doesn't like to give certain teams credit when they beat them , Melo as well .

You have to beat us to be a rival

A lot of close series does not make u a rival

Just 1 series n you can be a rival

Beating us in reg season means nothing

chitownbulls
10-17-2013, 02:10 AM
Idk why your definition of being a rival is beating you in a series..think about it, the current teams have only been together 3 years. Of those 3 years the Bulls's best player has been injured two for two of the playoffs. How the **** would we beat you?

My definition for rivalry is that when each team plays no matter when/where they put their heart sweat and tears into those games. Who cares if its regular season? Bulls Heat games always go down to the wire, the atmosphere is that of a playoff game, the players are working their *** off to win, the fan bases are into it. It's not really like Miami steamrolls past us, if they don't show up playing their hardest they lose. Its as simple as that. They win because they put just as much into the game as the Bulls do.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
10-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Hahahaha, 4-1 beat down in the playoffs - twice.. Yet it's a rivalry? Only rivalry I see are the Pacers, OKC, and always with the Lakers. Boston was a rivalry, no longer this year. Please, don't mention the Bulls. Is it a good story? Yes. Is it remotely close to a legendary rivalry? No. Rivalry=Boston vs Lakers, not a scrub who shoots 30% in the playoffs against Miami. These Bulls fans reached another level of hysteria. "Can't wait till Miami plays them in the playoffs when Rose is healthy." You do realize they beat your MVP and would have beaten them again had Rose played.

The ignorance in this post is too much.. I dont even know where to start with my response but all I can say is only time will tell..

MyDRoseLikeDeng
10-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Let me guess, Rose is the truth? I know people respect the Bulls franchise because of Jordan, but you guys are starting to become a nuisance with all these assumptions that Bulls would beat Miami if Rose was healthy. Did it occur to you that Miami already beat them? In fact, Bulls without Rose managed to to win the same amount of games they won with Rose.

I didnt know 62 = 45..

PacersForLife
10-17-2013, 03:16 AM
Let me explain why I agree. A rivalry is more than the #1 vs #2 team or the team that stands in your way. A rivalry is that matchup where both teams circles each other as that game they don't want to lose! They will almost lose to any other team besides that team... And the fans feel the same way. If both teams are #1 and #2 or #3 and #6 your still going to get that same intensity, bad blood, passion, and need to beat just that one team.

What we have now are teams who just want to win the chip. They don't care who they have to beat to get there... Miami will be just as satisfied by beating any of the teams in the east to make it. But ask a Red Sox fan how much better it will be to beat the Yankees on a way to a title... Hell the Knicks might have happily taken a finals lost just to be able to beat the bulls... It's that type of situation which rivalries are built on.
I see your point, but I'm not so sure Miami just goes into games against Indiana and Chicago thinking "it's just another game." They might act and say that it is, but they know those two teams give them the most trouble. They are also the two teams who the Heat have had to face the past two years on their way to the championship and both teams gave them a run for their money.

When the Heat match up with the Pacers/Bulls there's bound to be some extra physical stuff happen. If the Bulls and Pacers aren't their rivals, they are definitely the closest thing to it.

I would say rivalries are built on two teams meeting in the playoffs twice in a row or more and the series' are competitive with a lot of trash talking and more than usual physical play.

kblo247
10-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Kobe and Shaq have said for years the Kings and Blazers werent their rivals, the Spurs were because the Kings and Blazers couldn't beat them. To the Kings and Blazers, they may think of themselves as a challenger, but they matter not to the guys who didnt lose a series to them, champions prerogative

No one has beat Miami out east, except the old Boston crew before they joined up, he's not lying

Guppyfighter
10-17-2013, 03:36 AM
I am betting the field vs the Heat this year.

naps
10-17-2013, 03:59 AM

Lol? Why? You think Bulls are a rivals for the Heat? Bulls could be one of the tops teams in the east but they are not rivals of the Heat. None is. You definitely have no idea of what rivalry means if LeBron's comment upset you.

beasted86
10-17-2013, 04:19 AM
I am betting the field vs the Heat this year.

Don't worry, nobody takes it personal. The HEAT could come out of the East going to the Finals 6 years in a row, and they will still never be the favorites to come out of the East in some people's minds. I guess its part of the delusion of being a fan... "this is the year, just watch" or the mindset that "that Spencer Hawes signing is going to put us over the top" nobody who is the fan of a good team will just lie down and die.

Guppyfighter
10-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Don't worry, nobody takes it personal. The HEAT could come out of the East going to the Finals 6 years in a row, and they will still never be the favorites to come out of the East in some people's minds. I guess its part of the delusion of being a fan... "this is the year, just watch" or the mindset that "that Spencer Hawes signing is going to put us over the top" nobody who is the fan of a good team will just lie down and die.

You are barking up the wrong tree if that's your argument against me. Of course the Heat are the favorites to come out.

Dade County
10-17-2013, 08:59 AM

WTF...?

What does Lbj losing to Dallas have to do with rose?!?

The HEAT don't care about every regular season game like the bulls... This is proven time after time, when the HEAT lose to below average teams through out the season.

And couldn't you say that Rose never made it to the Finals because of the HEAT
presence ... and this will continue for the for seeable future.

What does Lbj averaging 1.7pts in the 4th quarter of four straight Finals game, have to do with rose? Please tell me; because the HEAT took care of them, the rd before.

If Lbj didn't gift Dallas a championship, what would people have to hate on...smh

D-Leethal
10-17-2013, 09:52 AM
I think Heat-Mavericks is a worthy historical rivalry. When two teams meet in the finals twice in 5-6 years with both teams winning 1, thats something the history books will remember.

Heat-Pacers is definitely building up.

Heat-Knicks has history but nothing with these two current casts.

They haven't been around long enough to have deep rooted multiple generation rivalry's but they definitely have their fair share over the past 15-20 years.

uptownsg
10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I think Heat-Mavericks is a worthy historical rivalry. When two teams meet in the finals twice in 5-6 years with both teams winning 1, thats something the history books will remember.

Heat-Pacers is definitely building up.

Heat-Knicks has history but nothing with these two current casts.

They haven't been around long enough to have deep rooted multiple generation rivalry's but they definitely have their fair share over the past 15-20 years.

Knicks are their rivals and LeBron knows it. Knicks won the series last season. The Heat definitely did not want to see the Knicks in that Conference Finals last year. Everyone seems to be writing the Knicks off as if they have somehow gotten worse. They have clearly improved and have healthy bodies this year. The Heat don't want to see the Knicks thats fact. Im not just a fan saying this its because I see the intensity when these two teams play.

Also Knicks and Nets is a huge rivalry that has only grown since last yr. Especially being that the players they had a rivalry with in Boston are now on their rival Nets.

mightybosstone
10-17-2013, 10:46 AM
I tend to agree with Lebron to some extent. Boston was an ideal rival, because he went toe-to-toe with that team for years in Cleveland before coming over to Miami and battling them with the Heat. That was a great Eastern Conference Rivalry.

Now, there are plenty of good teams in the East which could make for good rivalries in the future, but I'm not sure we're quite there yet. Chicago was without Rose and even with him, they didn't pose much of a threat to the Heat two years ago in the ECF. The Knicks are a solid playoff team, but the Heat don't take them seriously and shouldn't until they become a more balanced, reliable offensive basketball team. The Nets could very well take over the throne as the Heat's greatest rival thanks to the acquisition of Pierce and Garnett, but both guys are well past their prime and that remains to be seen.

The one team you could make a solid case for is Indiana, who has taken Miami to seven games in back-to-back postseasons. Those series have been defensive slugfests, but in the end, Indy has not had the offensive firepower to close them out. Perhaps Indy's youth and the fact that they haven't beaten Miami yet in the postseason is the reason for Lebron ruling them out as legitimate rivals. But I do think that if there is any rivalry in the Eastern Conference right now, Indy/Miami is as close as it gets.

PhillyFaninLA
10-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Hey Lebron as a Sixers fan....nevermind

Minimal
10-17-2013, 12:32 PM
I tend to agree with Lebron to some extent. Boston was an ideal rival, because he went toe-to-toe with that team for years in Cleveland before coming over to Miami and battling them with the Heat. That was a great Eastern Conference Rivalry.

Now, there are plenty of good teams in the East which could make for good rivalries in the future, but I'm not sure we're quite there yet. Chicago was without Rose and even with him, they didn't pose much of a threat to the Heat two years ago in the ECF. The Knicks are a solid playoff team, but the Heat don't take them seriously and shouldn't until they become a more balanced, reliable offensive basketball team. The Nets could very well take over the throne as the Heat's greatest rival thanks to the acquisition of Pierce and Garnett, but both guys are well past their prime and that remains to be seen.

The one team you could make a solid case for is Indiana, who has taken Miami to seven games in back-to-back postseasons. Those series have been defensive slugfests, but in the end, Indy has not had the offensive firepower to close them out. Perhaps Indy's youth and the fact that they haven't beaten Miami yet in the postseason is the reason for Lebron ruling them out as legitimate rivals. But I do think that if there is any rivalry in the Eastern Conference right now, Indy/Miami is as close as it gets.
Another one..

The only rival LeBron had in his career were probably Boston Celtics. Now they are gone. When asked against which player he fought against mostly in his career (Rival Player). He didn't name Kobe, Durant or Wade, he named Paul Pierce.

DR_1
10-17-2013, 12:47 PM
LeBron just keep your stupid mouth shut for once :facepalm:

Big Zo
10-17-2013, 01:22 PM

The truth hurts. :)

TheIlladelph16
10-17-2013, 01:25 PM
I forgot how obnoxious Bulls fans can become if they feel Rose or their team has been insulted. If you don't like what Lebron said, by all means, go out and beat them. Until you actually win a series against them, which they haven't really come close to doing as of yet, then its not a rivalry.

Indiana is probably the only one who could gripe about the comment. They played the Heat better than anyone except maybe the Celtics.

Maybe the Nets will fill that void with Boston breaking up and KG and Pierce being there, but I have my reservations about that team.

Ezekial
10-17-2013, 01:27 PM
ZMOG BULLS HAVENT DONE **** THE LAST 2 YEARS INT HE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT THEIR BEST PLAYER, THEY SUCK. a

TheIlladelph16
10-17-2013, 01:41 PM
ZMOG BULLS HAVENT DONE **** THE LAST 2 YEARS INT HE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT THEIR BEST PLAYER, THEY SUCK. a

That's not really the point. How is there possibly a rivalry with a team that has never beaten them in the playoffs and haven't really been a contender for two years?

Rockice_8
10-17-2013, 02:11 PM
The only thing I saw in that article was "the star-studded Knicks" LOL.

PhillyFaninLA
10-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Beat them in the playoffs then tell him to be quiet

TheIlladelph16
10-17-2013, 07:09 PM
I love how you tell someone to shut up with zero argument whatsoever. You're not helping your fanbase reputation with your stupidity.

Edit: @TheIlladelph16's I love your sign.

hotdalton18
10-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Idk why your definition of being a rival is beating you in a series..think about it, the current teams have only been together 3 years. Of those 3 years the Bulls's best player has been injured two for two of the playoffs. How the **** would we beat you?

My definition for rivalry is that when each team plays no matter when/where they put their heart sweat and tears into those games. Who cares if its regular season? Bulls Heat games always go down to the wire, the atmosphere is that of a playoff game, the players are working their *** off to win, the fan bases are into it. It's not really like Miami steamrolls past us, if they don't show up playing their hardest they lose. Its as simple as that. They win because they put just as much into the game as the Bulls do.

I love watching Bulls-Heat games no doubt

Just IMO there's no real rivals like dodgers-giants or Florida-Georgia etc

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 09:52 PM
There is no rivalry amongst the Bulls and Miami because the Bulls were 3 games from eliminating Miami. What kind of rivalry is it when you guys can't even legitimately compete with them? Pacers competed with them. Boston competed with them. Heck, OKC is a better competition because KD vs LJ is a huge story. What story can Chicago pull off against Miami? We know they aren't and can't beat them, because it's proven. What we do know is that they resort to bully ball and when they tried that, they still lost. The only story relevant with Miami against Bulls is the fact that Bulls play rough and Miami supposedly plays "soft". Other than that, no one cares to mention the Bulls. The only two rivalries possible coming from the East are Brooklyn and Pacers. It's funny because if you browse back the entire 6 pages, you'll realize that all the Bulls fans are emotionally upset and every single one of them resort to name calling backed up with zero arguments. You can call them Cryami, Miami cHeaters, whatever you want. I'm an OKC fan and a huge LJ fan. I'm not going to disrespect a franchise because they beat my team. They won fair and square, yet only LAL and Chicago fans would argue otherwise.

85BearsDefense
10-17-2013, 10:07 PM

That's not really the point. How is there possibly a rivalry with a team that has never beaten them in the playoffs and haven't really been a contender for two years?

You don't understand what a rivalry is do you?

85BearsDefense
10-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Good lord people don't seem to understand what a rivalry is. First off, just because you haven't beaten someone in the playoffs doesn't mean you don't have a rival, by that logic the bears and packers aren't rivals because the bears haven't beaten them since 2010. A rivalry is Heat Bulls. Why? Lets see, Bulls Heat regular season games take an all new meaning, those games are played harder than regular games and both teams hate each other. Rivalry requires bad blood between teams, if you've watched the Bulls Heat over the past 3 years you'd see all the bad blood. Before the 2nd playoff game last year pre tip nobody gave out high fives like usual it was the first time I've ever seen this. Look at the scores of the games, rarely do you see a blowout, the games are extra physical and have way more meaning then just another game. The whole "you haven't beat them in the playoffs" argument is so cute. So we lost in 2011 with a young Rose 2nd career playoff appearance.... Okay. Since then the Heat haven't seen a full strength bulls team. 4 of the 5 games in the playoffs this year were close and the Bulls were without Kirk Deng and Rose. By your logic then Lakers Clippers aren't a rivalry. Neither is Bears Packers apparently because we lost to them in the playoffs....

TheIlladelph16
10-18-2013, 10:30 AM

I understand quite well what it is. Red Sox vs. Yankees, Cowboys vs. Redskins, Michigan vs. Ohio State. Those are rivalries. There is history behind those teams and bad blood, thus a rivalry.

Even the Celtics and Heat were a rivalry for a few years there, but Chicago? Bc they played them once in the playoffs? Bc they are another good team in the East? So are the Nets and Knicks. Neither of them are "rivals" with Miami.

Jesus Christ the NBA forum is littered with hardcore homers that take everything as a slap in the face to their team and players.

MrfadeawayJB
10-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Indy says hello

mdm692
10-18-2013, 02:15 PM
The Bulls terminated Miamis chance at history so yeah I think there's a rivalry there. Yes they won back to back but everybody knows they wanted the streak to be theirs. Say whatever you want but the Chicago vs Miami is arguably the best rivalry in basketball right now.

85BearsDefense
10-18-2013, 10:47 PM

I understand quite well what it is. Red Sox vs. Yankees, Cowboys vs. Redskins, Michigan vs. Ohio State. Those are rivalries. There is history behind those teams and bad blood, thus a rivalry.

Even the Celtics and Heat were a rivalry for a few years there, but Chicago? Bc they played them once in the playoffs? Bc they are another good team in the East? So are the Nets and Knicks. Neither of them are "rivals" with Miami.

Jesus Christ the NBA forum is littered with hardcore homers that take everything as a slap in the face to their team and players.

Please read my above post explaining why Bulls Heat is a rivalry. Then get back to me.

BIG worm
10-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Lebron and his Heat will have them some rivals after this season though:nod:

Rod King
10-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Is he stupid the Pacers Heat rivalry is one of the strongest in the league right now. Pacers are better and he knows it.

IKnowHoops
10-19-2013, 01:52 AM

This is true for many teams that go against the Heat, because there is no bigger game or win during the regular season for them then the Heat. It just another team going 110% against them. Some games the Heat bring it, some days they don't have it or just can't match the other teams intensity because it means so much more to the other team always.

bearadonisdna
10-19-2013, 03:36 AM
if ur teammates cry after a regular season game then its a rivalry.
and if they continually beat u in the standings u cant dismiss them so easily.

bearadonisdna
10-19-2013, 03:42 AM
i dont remember lebron going apesh** the first time he won the east. Like vs the bulls in the ECF hollering and yelling on court blah blah.

Minimal
10-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Lebron and his Heat will have them some rivals after this season though:nod:
Thats probably the same words we heard the last 2 seasons.

beasted86
10-19-2013, 01:41 PM
i dont remember lebron going apesh** the first time he won the east. Like vs the bulls in the ECF hollering and yelling on court blah blah.

You need to go on YouTube and rewatch the end of the game. I know it might be painful for you to bring up these memories, but maybe it is worth the refresher. He didn't do much celebration at all because he learned the lesson from the backlash following the Celtics series celebration.

At the end of the day. 3 playoff series against the Bulls for LeBron in the past 4 years... 12-3 combined record against them.
"No Rivalries in the East" - LeBron

85BearsDefense
10-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Poor guy doesn't know what a rivalry is ^^^

Doogolas
10-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Rival - a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority

I would say they have... 14 rivals in the East. By my count.

D_Rose1118
10-20-2013, 03:39 AM
the bulls swept the heat in 2007, so we have beat them in the playoffs, with wade

SoFreshNsoClean
10-20-2013, 03:51 AM
if we could post gifs I would post the vincemcmahonwalk.gif

All this preseason talk sounds so scripted as the years go on imo

effen5
10-20-2013, 05:09 AM
There is no rivalry amongst the Bulls and Miami because the Bulls were 3 games from eliminating Miami. What kind of rivalry is it when you guys can't even legitimately compete with them? Pacers competed with them. Boston competed with them. Heck, OKC is a better competition because KD vs LJ is a huge story. What story can Chicago pull off against Miami? We know they aren't and can't beat them, because it's proven. What we do know is that they resort to bully ball and when they tried that, they still lost. The only story relevant with Miami against Bulls is the fact that Bulls play rough and Miami supposedly plays "soft". Other than that, no one cares to mention the Bulls. The only two rivalries possible coming from the East are Brooklyn and Pacers. It's funny because if you browse back the entire 6 pages, you'll realize that all the Bulls fans are emotionally upset and every single one of them resort to name calling backed up with zero arguments. You can call them Cryami, Miami cHeaters, whatever you want. I'm an OKC fan and a huge LJ fan. I'm not going to disrespect a franchise because they beat my team. They won fair and square, yet only LAL and Chicago fans would argue otherwise.

Explain the Bulls v Detroit rivalry in the 90s...before the Bulls finally beat them in the playoffs....you don't think Bulls v Detroit was a rivalry then too?

jesus christ, half of you wouldn't know what a rivalry is because half of you don't have teams with a decent history. in 88 and 89, Pistons were 8-3 against the Bulls, 90, Bulls went 7 games and lost, and 91, finally beat he pistons. Do you not see any parallel with that the Bulls v Heat now?

Knicks21
10-20-2013, 07:57 AM
This is true for many teams that go against the Heat, because there is no bigger game or win during the regular season for them then the Heat. It just another team going 110% against them. Some games the Heat bring it, some days they don't have it or just can't match the other teams intensity because it means so much more to the other team always.

Dont agree. They get outplayed its not because they aren't trying. The Heat are really good, but they're not 82-0 good. They will loose games because the other team beats them on the night, not because they cant be bothered.

Give credit to other teams when its due.

Knicks21
10-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Its not like you're the only sports franchise that receives hate.... It has died down considerably in the past year.

ldawg
10-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Well he is right they have no rivalry in the at the moment. I would say they have some good competition but none of those teams beat heat for it to be a rival or face off against them consecutive years.

ldawg
10-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Explain the Bulls v Detroit rivalry in the 90s...before the Bulls finally beat them in the playoffs....you don't think Bulls v Detroit was a rivalry then too?

jesus christ, half of you wouldn't know what a rivalry is because half of you don't have teams with a decent history. in 88 and 89, Pistons were 8-3 against the Bulls, 90, Bulls went 7 games and lost, and 91, finally beat he pistons. Do you not see any parallel with that the Bulls v Heat now?bulls face of heat one year that's not rival maybe for the Bulls but not the heat. That's like Indy heat a rivalry. If that's the case all teams is a rival to heat. Pistons Bulls had Bad blood they fought and knock out the bulls year after year they kept Bulls from a title and the Bull eventually beat them. far different than 1 series. What team heat hate most at the moment? none. Celtics was somewhat a rival to heat but they are rebuilding now and the players changed so its not the same. At this point Bulls Indy are no different than Nets or NY they pose threat but not a rival.

Jagged QT
10-20-2013, 09:29 AM
the bulls swept the heat in 2007, so we have beat them in the playoffs, with wade
But wade didnt say it....Lebron did.

Since Lebron has been there...the heat have had no rivals.

cant be a rival if your always losing to the opponent.

ldawg
10-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Bull see heat as rivals while Heat view them just as another good team. oh well it is what it is and rival its not

effen5
10-20-2013, 10:49 AM
bulls face of heat one year that's not rival maybe for the Bulls but not the heat. That's like Indy heat a rivalry. If that's the case all teams is a rival to heat. Pistons Bulls had Bad blood they fought and knock out the bulls year after year they kept Bulls from a title and the Bull eventually beat them. far different than 1 series. What team heat hate most at the moment? none. Celtics was somewhat a rival to heat but they are rebuilding now and the players changed so its not the same. At this point Bulls Indy are no different than Nets or NY they pose threat but not a rival.

I disagree with you completely...and its two out of the last three years the Bulls has played the Heat...not one year.

UPRock
10-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Tbh, Boston was their rivals, they hated each other.

northsider
10-20-2013, 12:51 PM

LMAO.

Yes tell that to the Knicks and Bulls in the 90's (A huge ****ing rivalry and one mentioned with some of the greatest). That is the dumbest ****ing statement I've read regarding rivalries. Anything can spark one.

northsider
10-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Oh and please note I could give a **** to have a rivalry. Maybe it's good for the fans for motivation and owners to sell extra tix however every single team we face I hope we treat as an equal and try to destroy them.

Heat do have a rivalry and it's the entire ****ing east lol.

Rivera
10-20-2013, 02:43 PM
LMAO.

Yes tell that to the Knicks and Bulls in the 90's (A huge ****ing rivalry and one mentioned with some of the greatest). That is the dumbest ****ing statement I've read regarding rivalries. Anything can spark one.

Knicks beat the bulls. .....

northsider
10-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Knicks beat the bulls. .....

They won 1 out of 7 series and it didn't even come till the 94 season which also happened to be the year without Jordan (yippie). However this is considered one of the better rivalries ever and it was WELL BEFORE the Knicks even won a single series against the Bulls.

Winning does not make it a rivalry that is ****ing stupid. Facing off constantly and knowing your 2 of the top of the class teams usually builds it regardless of outcome.

Rivera
10-20-2013, 07:20 PM
They won 1 out of 7 series and it didn't even come till the 94 season which also happened to be the year without Jordan (yippie). However this is considered one of the better rivalries ever and it was WELL BEFORE the Knicks even won a single series against the Bulls.

Winning does not make it a rivalry that is ****ing stupid. Facing off constantly and knowing your 2 of the top of the class teams usually builds it regardless of outcome.

By my logic that made the Knicks n bulls rivals.....

northsider
10-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah not until the 4th matchup. So basically that was not a rivalry for all of those meetings till they finally won a series. You honestly believe that?