PDA

View Full Version : Take your pick

Kobes a Killer
10-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Based on the taking Rose over James thread...

These 6 players are all rookies, you can tell the future and know exactly what kind of player they will end up. None of them will suffer a single injury and they all play 15 seasons. They all have the same talent supporting cast.

Who do you take and why?

Dwight

Rose

Kobe

Durant

Paul

James

unleashthebeast
10-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Is this even a question? LeBron is so much better than all of the players on here in an all-time scale other than Kobe, so you have to vote one of the two of them. Personally, I'm taking the skill set and all-around talents of LeBron over Kobe for 15 years, and expecting to win tons of Finals trophies.

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 10:38 AM
It's unlikely that they'll have the same supporting cast given that they play different positions, but assuming they have the same talent level for each supporting cast, the obvious answer is Lebron. Lebron's peak crushes everyone else's on this list, and he's still likely nowhere close to being done. He also provides the most bang for your buck in terms of versatility. Only Paul is a better distributor on this list, only Dwight is the better defender and rebounder and only Kobe and Durant are the better scorers (although not necessarily in terms of efficiency). Lebron can also guard four out of five positions (and maybe some smaller centers in a pinch), which is a huge plus.

The answer is Lebron, and I don't think it's close.

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Is this even a question? LeBron is so much better than all of the players on here in an all-time scale other than Kobe, so you have to vote one of the two of them. Personally, I'm taking the skill set and all-around talents of LeBron over Kobe for 15 years, and expecting to win tons of Finals trophies.

Mmm.... I think Paul and Durant at least deserve consideration on this list. Paul arguably is already one of the five greatest point guards in NBA history, and Durant has the skills to one day be the second or third greatest small forward in the history of the game. In fact, I think Durant's ceiling as a player is far greater than Kobe's.

Jetsguy
10-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I will block anyone that says anything other than Lebron. It is not remotely close

Kobes a Killer
10-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Not even close? Surprising, I think we'll see some arguments for Dwight and Paul. Obviously the Kobe lovers too

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Lebron is the best player in the game, shown he can lead garbage to the finals and win it with help (like every other great to win a title). He is still getting better, while his numbers may not improve, we may not have seen the best of Lebron yet.

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2013, 11:00 AM
I will block anyone that says anything other than Lebron. It is not remotely close

While I agree its Lebron to say this is na´ve....these are all greats and you can always make a case for a great.

I think what makes this topic great (or potentially if people stay on topic) is that its not about legacy its about talent and attitude.

NYKnickFanatic
10-16-2013, 11:03 AM
LeBron because the man is a freak of nature and the best player in the world.

NYKnickFanatic
10-16-2013, 11:04 AM

I'm sure people will care if you blocked them...

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 11:12 AM
While I agree its Lebron to say this is na´ve....these are all greats and you can always make a case for a great.

I think what makes this topic great (or potentially if people stay on topic) is that its not about legacy its about talent and attitude.

I understand what you're saying, and all of those players listed are clearly extremely talented, likely first round ballot Hall of Famers. But in the end, I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who would take any of those guys at their peak over Lebron. He's just so much better in so many ways.

People in this thread will inevitably mention Kobe, but the only argument those posters will have will boil down to rings. And considering this thread has nothing to do with rings whatsoever and is based solely on a player's talent and abilities, I don't even see that as a valid argument.

Gators123
10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Durant
4. Howard
5. Paul
6. Rose

Dade County
10-16-2013, 11:20 AM
This is easy... D Wade

OP?... Why didn't you add Wade?!?

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 11:25 AM
This is easy... D Wade

OP?... Why didn't you add Wade?!?

Actually, I would probably put Wade behind everyone on this list other than Rose. He's been injured quite a bit in his career and is clearly in decline after his 10th season in the league. He also came into the NBA at a late age than the guys on this list, which already puts him at a significant disadvantage.

Minimal
10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. Dwight
5. Paul
6. Rose

SPURSFAN1
10-16-2013, 11:32 AM
where da **** is Tim duncan?

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 11:37 AM
where da **** is Tim duncan?

I'd still take Lebron, but he would provide a much better debate than Kobe and company.

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 12:22 PM

Mmm.... I think Paul and Durant at least deserve consideration on this list. Paul arguably is already one of the five greatest point guards in NBA history, and Durant has the skills to one day be the second or third greatest small forward in the history of the game. In fact, I think Durant's ceiling as a player is far greater than Kobe's.

Everything you said is true. Paul has o to be one of the most efficient PG's, ever. People underrate him so much. Paul is rarely mentioned but he's going to end up as the second greatest PG imo. I'd have him third with Durant second. Durant has a high ceiling but he can really learn to post up more. That and an improving defense will be the only way he gets a nod at James. Right now, LJ is the greatest. If anyone is even thinking of selecting anyone but LJ, they are delusional.

Dade County
10-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Actually, I would probably put Wade behind everyone on this list other than Rose. He's been injured quite a bit in his career and is clearly in decline after his 10th season in the league. He also came into the NBA at a late age than the guys on this list, which already puts him at a significant disadvantage.

ummm...

Based on the taking Rose over James thread...

These 6 players are all rookies, you can tell the future and know exactly what kind of player they will end up. None of them will suffer a single injury and they all play 15 seasons.

A prime Wade that can't get injured, is the closest we have seen to Mj.

They all have the same talent supporting cast.

Wade has proven he can lead a team to a Finals and put the entire team on his back; (Wade had old shaq).

For some of these people to even be on this list and not Wade makes this entire thread a joke (and where is Timmy, & Dirk too?).

KD, Howard, Cp3 & Rose have not proven, that they could do what Wade did... Disrespectful!

mightybosstone
10-16-2013, 03:09 PM
A prime Wade that can't get injured, is the closest we have seen to Mj.
Well, the "guaranteed 15 seasons without injury" part is completely idiotic. Everyone knows you will have injuries in sports. And to not consider those injuries with the players on this list is kind of insane.

Dade County
10-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Well, the "guaranteed 15 seasons without injury" part is completely idiotic. Everyone knows you will have injuries in sports. And to not consider those injuries with the players on this list is kind of insane.

True.

aLau10
10-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to go with Kobe. Not a Kobe lover at all, but I personally think Kobe is a wiser player than LeBron. Definitely not more athletic and physically gifted, but the skill set, On-court IQ, Ambition, Attitude... just overall mentality is superior to LeBron's. No disrespect, but yes I'll take Kobe.

Goose17
10-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Is this even a question?

What he said^

Minimal
10-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to go with Kobe. Not a Kobe lover at all, but I personally think Kobe is a wiser player than LeBron. Definitely not more athletic and physically gifted, but the skill set, On-court IQ, Ambition, Attitude... just overall mentality is superior to LeBron's. No disrespect, but yes I'll take Kobe.
LeBron has the basketball IQ of the best elite point guards, I can't see that in Kobe.
Ambition. LeBron being the best player for several years now, getting shitload of money still works hard and improves his game every year.
Attitude. LeBron is ultimate team player, its a honor for other players to play with LeBron, he never fights with his teammates, never forces them to leave the team, respects his coaches, is a team leader, willing to take a big paycut for FO to build a great team around him, rarely visits Colorado hotels, and is a just great guy now.

ramsizzle
10-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Lebron
Durant
Kobe
Rose
Paul
Howard

First three are self explanatory and i feel Rose just has the "it" factor Paul and Howard do not possess.