PDA

View Full Version : Report: Adidas ready to throw $180 million at Andrew Wiggins

spreadeagle
10-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Cashing in big time
Here's today's sign of just how high the hype about Kansas freshman Andrew Wiggins, the projected No. 1 pick in next June's much-hyped draft is. Bleacher Report reports that shoe companies are lining up to make unreasonable offers for the youngster forward the second he announces he'll be leaving school for the draft. How unreasonable? How about $180 million over ten years?

"(Adidas) is easily the front-runner, 100 percent," said Rich Lopez, the publisher of the popular sneaker website KixandtheCity.com.

"From what I'm hearing, (Adidas) is really high on him," an industry source said. "I've heard a range for sure, from like $140 to $180 million for like 10 years. That's a big deal for a kid coming out of school because most rookie deals are probably like four years."

"I'm hearing from people at Kansas that he's got a $180 million offer supposedly coming from Adidas," a source close to Wiggins' inner circle said. "But I also heard that Nike is going to match anything."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24088008/report-adidas-ready-to-throw-180-million-at-andrew-wiggins

Stunner
10-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Wish I was tall

Supreme LA
10-15-2013, 11:17 PM
I think he should just stay in school and finish his degree.

More-Than-Most
10-15-2013, 11:18 PM

I think he should come out and get rich and go back for his degree later without fear of a freak injury destroying his chances of that NBA contract and that contract that comes along with the number 1 pick

*Superman*
10-15-2013, 11:21 PM

Not sure if serious...

ManningToTyree
10-15-2013, 11:31 PM
That's insane

asandhu23
10-15-2013, 11:33 PM
so... Andrew Wiggins is the next ...

Ebbs
10-15-2013, 11:50 PM
This scares me. How do you motivate a kid who after one year of college has life made?

GunFactor187
10-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Wish I was tall

I wish I was a baller...

John Walls Era
10-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Don't sign with Adidas! Their shoes give feet problems. Look at that Adidas 5 commercial, whos even left?

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Don't sign with Adidas! Their shoes give feet problems. Look at that Adidas 5 commercial, whos even left?

lol just stop

John Walls Era
10-16-2013, 12:47 AM
lol just stop

lol just stop replying with dumb posts. Go do some research instead of wanting everything handed to you. Adidas has who left? Tim Duncan.... and? Tmac? Gilbert Arenas? Dwight? DRose? Shumpert? Anyone that didn't miss significant time? Should I get started on NFL players?

canzano55
10-16-2013, 12:52 AM
I went to to his high school and my brother was in several classes with Andrew and he knows Andrew's younger brother.

Vaughan is an affluent neighbourhood and is not far from Toronto but to think this kid is going to be making that kind of money...Blows my mind...

SteveZissou
10-16-2013, 12:54 AM

Jennifer Lawrence needs to grow an ash. (Insert s for h)

tredigs
10-16-2013, 01:58 AM
lol just stop replying with dumb posts. Go do some research instead of wanting everything handed to you. Adidas has who left? Tim Duncan.... and? Tmac? Gilbert Arenas? Dwight? DRose? Shumpert? Anyone that didn't miss significant time? Should I get started on NFL players?

Garnett seemed to do just fine with them the past decade. But to be clear, are we also blaming Dwight's torn labrum on Adidas? I just want some continuity here..

Baron Davis' gruesome knee injury was something we can throw on Li-Ning sneakers, correct? And Shaun Livingston's was on Reebok? Da'Sean Butler's ACL/MCL in the NCAA tournament along with Kobe, Barbosa and Rondo's ACL tears last year, that's all on Nike, right? It's too bad Barbosa didn't stay with Adidas, he'd have been saved! At least Rubio was smart enough to switch to Adidas after tearing his knee apart in the evil Nike's. Smart guy. OR. IS. HE!!! Dun dun dun.

Don't buy the hype kid. It's not the shoes.

Edit: Smart business on someones part to get that rumor mill spinning, though. It looks like it worked on some, at the very least.

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 02:05 AM

This is an example of the public school system failing.

asandhu23
10-16-2013, 02:23 AM
Jennifer Lawrence needs to grow an ash. (Insert s for h)

She doesn't need to do anything.

Jeffy25
10-16-2013, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=asandhu23;27219045]so... Andrew Wiggins is the next ...

....rich dude

Jeffy25
10-16-2013, 02:29 AM
I remember the hype on Lebron a solid year before he was drafted (of course, no college).

How does Wiggins, at this time, compare to Lebron a full year out?

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 02:31 AM
I remember the hype on Lebron a solid year before he was drafted (of course, no college).

How does Wiggins, at this time, compare to Lebron a full year out?

Lebron had better court vision and made better passes. I believe they are equally as athletic.

Jeffy25
10-16-2013, 02:31 AM
This scares me. How do you motivate a kid who after one year of college has life made?

You've gotta be more motivating in life than just by money.

Although yeah, it worries you what is gonna happen

Jeffy25
10-16-2013, 02:33 AM
Lebron had better court vision and made better passes. I believe they are equally as athletic.

But that can certainly be taught, though, right?

I just remember watching a high school basketball game of Lebron.....and I was in college :( and he was ridiculous

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 02:36 AM
But that can certainly be taught, though, right?

I just remember watching a high school basketball game of Lebron.....and I was in college :( and he was ridiculous

Yes. But I don't think he will ever be as good as a passer as Lebron. Lebron wanted to pass and make great passes all the time. Wiggins only makes the obvious ones. He should be fantastic though regardless.

jerellh528
10-16-2013, 03:39 AM
I wish by some miracle he would land on the lakers. Please oh please mr. Silver. :hope:

c.c.
10-16-2013, 04:11 AM

Hush please

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 04:18 AM
It's going to be a huge storyline next season. LJ vs LJ of 2003, basically.

LAcowBOMBER
10-16-2013, 06:41 AM
What happened to all the Jabari Parker hype?

I personally think he will be better

tmacsc2
10-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Huge huge epic fail...... Guess nike shoes are responsible for Kobe. Amare. Chris Paul. Rondo. Westbrook. Jermaine O'neal. Greg Oden. Brandon Roy injuries Come on bruh! You aren't really that ignorant.......

BullsFan_1
10-16-2013, 07:19 AM
This kid is gonna be ineligible before the season even starts if talk like this keeps up.

tmacsc2
10-16-2013, 07:19 AM
The only knock on wiggins is he hasn't faced any competition, I'm gonna get into watching this college basketball year this next draft is slated to be one of, if not the best ever......

mikekhelxD
10-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Max contract coming out of college already? Can't get any better than that! Oh wait, another max contract in the NBA will.

mikekhelxD
10-16-2013, 07:29 AM
This kid is gonna be ineligible before the season even starts if talk like this keeps up.

He should be fine as long as he doesn't accept any financial help from anyone. This is a great motivator to not ****ed up actually. Since you know that you will get paid, suck it up in college and eat fast food.

ThePooH_1_
10-16-2013, 07:39 AM

Yeah becouse an ACL has so much to do with the shoe you wear, come on dude... Shumpert, Rose and Rubio just had bad luck, there's nothing you can do about it.. Dwight? didn't he had back Problems? Interesting that a Shoe can give u back Problems :D.

meloman1592
10-16-2013, 07:45 AM
I don't wanna sound like a hater but this is based off hype and potential..he hasn't stepped foot on the nba court yet

ambisme56
10-16-2013, 09:17 AM

Tracy McGrady

FlakeyFool
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
I don't wanna sound like a hater but this is based off hype and potential..he hasn't stepped foot on the nba court yet

Well no ****

king4day
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Imagine shoe companies did this for Beasley? Many people would have lost their jobs.

flclfanman
10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Would suck if he became a bust :shrug:

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 12:30 PM
I think he'll have a better career than Tmac. He won't be like LJ though. LJ had far more buzz and was a much more versatile player, despite what many of you believe. This is going to be one of those once in a decade draft, which is needed because KG, Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, an many great players of the 90's are nearing retirement.