PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher: I'd take Derrick Rose over Lebron James

uptown0364
10-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Bucher is a very wise man:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls-talk/bucher-id-take-derrick-rose-over-lebron-james

PleaseBeNice
10-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Right...

There are a lot of players I would take Rose over, but LBJ will never be one of them. This is why Bucher now works for bleacher report, he's a hack

RipCity32
10-15-2013, 06:10 PM
That's just a idiotic thing to say.

beasted86
10-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Right...

There are a lot of players I would take Rose over, but LBJ will never be one of them. This is why Bucher now works for bleacher report, he's a hack

Bingo!

D-Leethal
10-15-2013, 06:12 PM
I would love to hear his response to somebody asking him "why"?

I can't think of one legitimate reason.

knicks_99
10-15-2013, 06:13 PM
I'd probably take a healthy Dwight over Lebron, possibly a healthy Paul, maybe Durant depending on the team, but Rose?

LOL. The guy who can't even unbunch his panties to play for 2 years?

D-Leethal
10-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Bleacher Report is actually making a push towards respectability. They stole some quality writers from some big time organizations like ESPN and New York Times to cover the Knicks this year.

IndyRealist
10-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I would love to hear his response to somebody asking him "why"?

I can't think of one legitimate reason.

Because saying "I'd take the best player in the world over someone who missed all of last season" doesn't get page visits or threads on PSD.

ManningToTyree
10-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Lol that's just ridiculous.

tmacsc2
10-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Just flat out bad. He just wants publicity. A lot of writers and "analysts" want publicity look at all the stupid asinine comments warren sapp has been making....

Reporting and analyzing is becoming a joke.....

Avenged
10-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Lol

Bruno
10-15-2013, 06:41 PM
there's only one or two players you'd maybe take over LBJ right now going forward. thats Durant and Davis, and that's only because of the age difference. maybe Harden, probably not. rose is out of the discussion because he just had a serious knee injury. LBJ is an iron man.

Dade County
10-15-2013, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOYSmufqtbg

Thread.

mightybosstone
10-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Even factoring in age, I wouldn't take Rose over Lebron. I'd rather have 3-4 years of Lebron than a decade of Rose.

ntd
10-15-2013, 06:54 PM
And this is why Ric Bucher is relegated to writing articles for obscure csn networks instead of espn..because he's an idiot. The more appropriate guy to compare Lebron to is MJ, not Rose.

1-800-STFU
10-15-2013, 06:55 PM

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls-talk/bucher-id-take-derrick-rose-over-lebron-james

No he isn't he is ****ing stupid, this is coming from a Bull fan. Lebron is better, deal with it.

Furymaker
10-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Are you all acting dumb or you're actually dumb? Guy never said - Rose is better than Lebron , he just said he'd take him over him , he likes Rose more than Lebron and that's where all conversations about this should end .
It's amazing how most of guys around here can't read between the lines and bring up the conclusion.

dtmagnet
10-15-2013, 07:15 PM
As much as I don't like Lebron, there is no denying he is far better than any other player in the league.

amos1er
10-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Another stupid comment added to the resume of Ric Bucher.

DR_1
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM

:clap:

Tony_Starks
10-15-2013, 07:39 PM
KD, I can understand. I can even understand Melo. But D Rose fresh from a year off? Nah bruh......

MyDRoseLikeDeng
10-15-2013, 07:40 PM
This is going to sound absurd, blasphemous, and completely homerish, but if hes actually better than he was before, I agree with Bucher. I hope he proves himself to everyone once again, but for the time being, without having seen what he can bring to the table yet, Bucher is an idiot for his comment

JLynn943
10-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Bucher? lol. He's an embarrassment.

KingPosey
10-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Well Ric Bucher's team wouldn't be as good as whoever chose after him...

knicks_99
10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
As much as I don't like Lebron, there is no denying he is far better than any other player in the league.

in a watered down league with an injured Dwight and rose?

ya be proud of that lol....

is the probably the best? yes. is that really that impressive with the current state of this league? na not really...

uptown0364
10-15-2013, 08:18 PM
If the Bulls win it all this year and beat the Heat in a 7 game series and Rose is as dominant as he used to be, this comment won't be all that stupid. If the Heat beat a healthy Bulls team again and Lebron wins a title, it will be his first title he won when he got to compete with Rose. Not a coincidence his titles came in Rose's ACL years.

SlimKid
10-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Are you all acting dumb or you're actually dumb? Guy never said - Rose is better than Lebron , he just said he'd take him over him , he likes Rose more than Lebron and that's where all conversations about this should end .
It's amazing how most of guys around here can't reach between the lines and bring up the conclusion.

I normally never do this, but if you're going to call out people on here for being "dumb," put together a coherent sentence first.

DR_1
10-15-2013, 08:33 PM
KD, I can understand. I can even understand Melo. But D Rose fresh from a year off? Nah bruh......

:facepalm:

Lakeshow24KB
10-15-2013, 08:36 PM
in a watered down league with an injured Dwight and rose?

ya be proud of that lol....

is the probably the best? yes. is that really that impressive with the current state of this league? na not really...

Cool007
10-15-2013, 08:43 PM
If the Bulls win it all this year and beat the Heat in a 7 game series and Rose is as dominant as he used to be, this comment won't be all that stupid. If the Heat beat a healthy Bulls team again and Lebron wins a title, it will be his first title he won when he got to compete with Rose. Not a coincidence his titles came in Rose's ACL years.

Good point.

LeBron is a better player right now and probably will always be but if D-Rose and Bulls win the title this year as D-Rose being the best player on the team then you can definitely make an argument that Rose did it without any other HOF type talent on his team.

bucketss
10-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I'd probably take a healthy Dwight over Lebron, possibly a healthy Paul, maybe Durant depending on the team, but Rose?

LOL. The guy who can't even unbunch his panties to play for 2 years?

you saying that you would take dwight/paul over lebron is even more laughable LOL

tredigs
10-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Bucher - manipulating the media like a fiddle. Well played. Does he believe what he said? I sincerely hope not.

But look at all the members and guests already in this thread for an off the cuff, meaningless off-season quote.

knicks_99
10-15-2013, 08:55 PM
you saying that you would take dwight/paul over lebron is even more laughable LOL

your fake "lol" while being butthurt b/c I don't overjock lil Bron Bron or value other players for perfectly respectable reasons show what a troll you are.

oh and you didn't even quote me right TROLL. I said HEALTHY Dwight and Paul. And the only godamn "laughable" thing is that you jock one single player without showing the least bit of respect to anyone else.

Yes, I would ABSOLUTELY consider taking either one of those fellas, including Durant, when healthy over your wet dream fantasy aka lil Bron Bron.

Deal with it ******. "LOLS"

John Walls Era
10-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Bleacher Report is actually making a push towards respectability. They stole some quality writers from some big time organizations like ESPN and New York Times to cover the Knicks this year.

wow so very legit. ESPN is the best in the universe! They never have secret agendas.........................

John Walls Era
10-15-2013, 08:58 PM
You could sell people on KD-Dwight-CP3-Davis. Maybe even (begrudgingly) take Melo.

bucketss
10-15-2013, 09:03 PM
your fake "lol" while being butthurt b/c I don't overjock lil Bron Bron or value other players for perfectly respectable reasons show what a troll you are.

oh and you didn't even quote me right TROLL. I said HEALTHY Dwight and Paul. And the only godamn "laughable" thing is that you jock one single player without showing the least bit of respect to anyone else.

Yes, I would ABSOLUTELY consider taking either one of those fellas, including Durant, when healthy over your wet dream fantasy aka lil Bron Bron.

LOL and im the butt hurt one? i gues 'lil bron bron, has that kind of effect on people, turning what is suppose to be level headed adults into an emotional teenager.

it wasn't even about lebron, it was that fact you find it laughable he would take rose, but be okay with paul/dwight, when derrick is better than both those guys haha. and younger.

NJrockPD
10-15-2013, 09:11 PM
I think Lebron shot himself in the foot by assembling that Heat team. He will never have certain people's respect because he took a chicken **** way to 2 rings.

DallasTrilla23
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
LOL Dumbass

Rose isn't even the best player in his position.. Maybe 10 years from now I'll take rose over lebron

D1JM
10-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Bucher - manipulating the media like a fiddle. Well played. Does he believe what he said? I sincerely hope not.

But look at all the members and guests already in this thread for an off the cuff, meaningless off-season quote.

exactly.

Tony_Starks
10-15-2013, 09:28 PM
When did it become illegal to have a favorite player not named Lebron? I don't agree with dude but damn you say anything other than the corny "Lebron is the best on the planet" line and people act like you've committed treason!

knicks_99
10-15-2013, 09:41 PM
LOL and im the butt hurt one? i gues 'lil bron bron, has that kind of effect on people, turning what is suppose to be level headed adults into an emotional teenager.

it wasn't even about lebron, it was that fact you find it laughable he would take rose, but be okay with paul/dwight, when derrick is better than both those guys haha. and younger.

first off yep YOURE the butthurt one kid.

2nd, gtfo here, my post was quite levelheaded, then you came along with your 12 y/o *****y attitude about me saying I'd take x player over Lebron possibly, and I said what I had to say...you don't like it? like I said kid, tough titties.

lil bron bron has WHAT effect? lmfao, I ALREADY said he's probably, if not def., the best player in the league. it's more like ******** IDIOTS have "that effect" on me...who overjock him to the point where you can't even suggest anyone else is a comparable player AT ALL. i'm sorry it takes lil bron bron 7 games to beat an old, tired, overrated Spurs team led by an ancient Duncan, and a 1 in a million shot by Ray Allen to avoid him choking AGAIN. I'm sorry he waited til Game 6 to wake the hell up and pull his head out of his *** and start showing ANY balls at all. I'm sorry he needed 2 overtimes in Game 6 to beat said old, injured team.

more fake laughing by you....stop posturing. and are you serious KID? rose hasn't even freakin PLAYED in 2 years, how the hell is he better than ANYONE, let alone MVP candidates. Get off the drugs, and quit talking to adults when you keep sounding like a butthurt Bron stan.

Just like MJ jockers, it's not even good enough to say Bron is probably the best in the game. Do I have to suck his d*ck too like you do? It's funny b/c unlike you I really AM laughing...at you. Such ignorance, no respect for anyone else in the NBA. It's pathetic.

jgthegame1982
10-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Me 2?

ramsizzle
10-15-2013, 09:49 PM

2nd, gtfo here, my post was quite levelheaded, then you came along with your 12 y/o *****y attitude about me saying I'd take x player over Lebron possibly, and I said what I had to say...you don't like it? like I said kid, tough titties.

lil bron bron has WHAT effect? lmfao, I ALREADY said he's probably, if not def., the best player in the league. it's more like ******** IDIOTS have "that effect" on me...who overjock him to the point where you can't even suggest anyone else is a comparable player AT ALL. i'm sorry it takes lil bron bron 7 games to beat an old, tired, overrated Spurs team led by an ancient Duncan, and a 1 in a million shot by Ray Allen to avoid him choking AGAIN. I'm sorry he waited til Game 6 to wake the hell up and pull his head out of his *** and start showing ANY balls at all. I'm sorry he needed 2 overtimes in Game 6 to beat said old, injured team.

more fake laughing by you....stop posturing. and are you serious KID? rose hasn't even freakin PLAYED in 2 years, how the hell is he better than ANYONE, let alone MVP candidates. Get off the drugs, and quit talking to adults when you keep sounding like a butthurt Bron stan.

Just like MJ jockers, it's not even good enough to say Bron is probably the best in the game. Do I have to suck his d*ck too like you do? It's funny b/c unlike you I really AM laughing...at you. Such ignorance, no respect for anyone else in the NBA. It's pathetic.

Derrick has an mvp.... and is has every bit as good if not better than paul when healthy. Better than dh12.

He is a heat fan too.... and he has a point, paul is older and has injury concerns as well, and dwight as A LOT to prove.

mjm07
10-15-2013, 10:41 PM

Did the HEAT not beat the Bulls 4-1 in a 7gm series in the 2010 playoffs?

Delrayhc
10-15-2013, 10:59 PM

Walgreens has Kleenex on sale , two for one.

August 2010

ManRam
10-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah...totally smart to take the guy coming off a serious knee injury who has never had a season as good as LeBron's 4-5 best!

Age is the only argument here that makes sense. It might not be preposterous a few years from now...not at all...but right now it's just a silly opinion.

He's entitled to his opinion...but I have a feeling he's just being all about that Skip Bayless lifestyle these days. Anything for attention. His career seems to be way on the downslide.

bucketss
10-15-2013, 11:18 PM

the topic of lebron clearly makes you upset lol, come back to me when you get your stuff together, you're getting sloppy jheeze.

bucketss
10-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Walgreens has Kleenex on sale , two for one.

August 2010

he wrote me two huge essays lol, he should definitely jump on that 2 for 1 deal,

ManRam
10-15-2013, 11:21 PM
When did it become illegal to have a favorite player not named Lebron? I don't agree with dude but damn you say anything other than the corny "Lebron is the best on the planet" line and people act like you've committed treason!

Never has been.

My favorite players is Jameer Nelson...I don't go around saying he's better than players he's not.

You still can and should try to at least be somewhat objective. Dwight used to be one of my favorite Magic players, but I'd argue at length about how I thought Yao was better. Someone being your "favorite" doesn't mean you have to be a homer about it.

Nothing wrong with having anyone as your favorite player...but that doesn't mean you magically become correct when you start saying stupid things about said player.

beasted86
10-15-2013, 11:34 PM

I wonder who's dupe this is?

Way too animated and immediately post active for a brand new poster, or possibly has bi-polar disorder, in which case I apologize.

TheIlladelph16
10-15-2013, 11:35 PM

This guy is either a dupe (my guess) or seriously upset over Lebron being as successful as he has been. The fact that you are throwing around the words "******" and "idiot" with a post as riddled with lunacy and grammatical errors as yours is quite laughable.

Bucher is simply playing the media here, something I think everyone can see. Just got a new job over at Bleacher Report (lol) and makes a ridiculous statement to grab attention. Well played Mr. Bucher, well played.

beasted86
10-15-2013, 11:47 PM
This guy is either a dupe (my guess) or seriously upset over Lebron being as successful as he has been. The fact that you are throwing around the words "******" and "idiot" with a post as riddled with lunacy and grammatical errors as yours is quite laughable.

Bucher is simply playing the media here, something I think everyone can see. Just got a new job over at Bleacher Report (lol) and makes a ridiculous statement to grab attention. Well played Mr. Bucher, well played.

17 posts in the first day on a new forum, and tossing flamboyant remarks and insults? Smells like a dupe.

Ebbs
10-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Rose literally missed a pre season game already due to his knee. . . Bad call

IKnowHoops
10-16-2013, 12:06 AM

Was gonna say that

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 12:15 AM

You Knick fans just love to throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks don't you?

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Any answer not LJ is not an answer. It's just a clear sign of your hatred against him. Only plausible argument is age - which isn't exactly plausible in theory because Rose is coming off a huge injury. Gimme KD over anyone else. Is Rose even the best PG? Gimme a break.

xabial
10-16-2013, 04:32 AM
You Knick fans just love to throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks don't you?

Not all Knicks fans.. I could write a three page college paper on why LeBron James is a better player than Carmelo, and I'm a die hard knicks fan.

Badluck33
10-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Ric Bucher needs to get his head checked.

I would take a high michael beasley over a healthy derrick rose.

DallasTrilla23
10-16-2013, 08:13 AM
you knick fans just love to throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks don't you?

lol

RulerSlick
10-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Bucher is a Kobe stan

xxplayerxx23
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Melo>rose
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> melo and rose

colinskik
10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Rose is pretty good, or at least was pretty good. Let's not forget that. LBJ is also on a powerhouse of a team. There may actually be some truth to his statement...

But clearly this comment was made to grab some attention as he starts his new gig, which he did masterfully. Maybe Bucher is smarter than I've ever given him credit for??

Super.
10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Melo>rose
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> melo and rose

Rose is better than Melo when healthy.

flclfanman
10-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Said to get views/clicks/etc.

I'm a Bulls fan and I love DRose but c'mon now. I cant take the guy who should be great after missing a year over the guy who HAS been great for the last few years. And I hope DRose comes out and dominates at PG this year.

Bucher said this to churn discussion. Mission Accomplished :clap:

Azzacadabra
10-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah I think the oil in his hair has sunk into his brain.

LongIslandIcedZ
10-16-2013, 11:48 AM

And yet, you still took time to reply to it..

I get Rose is his favorite player and that is great. But is there one thing on the court that Rose does better than Lebron?

Max.This
10-16-2013, 11:54 AM
If Rose didn't tear his acl there would atleast be a discussion about it . Lebron just stays healthy and combined with his talent and today's game its not even close

xxplayerxx23
10-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Rose is better than Melo when healthy.

1st off let's see if he is healthy, and I was just bugging that super homer D1

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Lets be clear, Rose's best season was the equivalent of James second worst season. It's disrespect to even mention Rose's name with James.

xxplayerxx23
10-16-2013, 12:16 PM

He isn't a Knick fan fool. Lebron is better then melo, but it's kinda funny you try and discredit melo any chance you get. Too bad he's better then anybody on your team oh well

Super.
10-16-2013, 12:18 PM
1st off let's see if he is healthy, and I was just bugging that super homer D1

Oh I agree, lets see if he's healthy. Also lol

MonroeFAN
10-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Derrick rose sucks, I'm sick of hearing about him.

sp1derm00
10-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Ha!

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Is Rose even better than TP or CP3? This guy is the equivalent of Curry, Westbrook, Irving, and Rondo. I'd rather have Wade just based off the fact that Rose seems to always lose games that matter the most. Check, against Kansas, against Miami. Two of the biggest stages of his career and he always underperforms. I'd actually also rather have Westbrook because he is fearless and can defend. Oh yeah, he's fearless.

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2013, 12:26 PM

You should make a sig and put it on your real account because this is clearly and alt and have is

Ralph Wiggum "Me fail English that's unpossible"

pacofunk64
10-16-2013, 12:44 PM
You guys are all falling into his trap. Why state the obvious when no one would talk about it. By stating he would take Rose over LBJ he generates hits to his article and he gets "buzz" thus this is the reason why this thread was started.

You've all been "Ric Rolled" he's a genius!

AWC713
10-16-2013, 01:02 PM
i would take so so so so many sports reporters and analysts over bucher

sunsfan88
10-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Even factoring in age, I wouldn't take Rose over Lebron. I'd rather have 3-4 years of Lebron than a decade of Rose.
This. And I feel the same way about Durant, Harden, Dwight too. 3-4 years of LeBron is better than having any of those players for a long time.

LeperMessiah
10-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Ric Bucher should not be allowed to run a team.

LeperMessiah
10-16-2013, 02:02 PM
You guys are all falling into his trap. Why state the obvious when no one would talk about it. By stating he would take Rose over LBJ he generates hits to his article and he gets "buzz" thus this is the reason why this thread was started.

You've all been "Ric Rolled" he's a genius!

Oh in that case I'd take Rudy Gay over LBJ. Let the hits come now.

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 02:43 PM
He isn't a Knick fan fool. Lebron is better then melo, but it's kinda funny you try and discredit melo any chance you get. Too bad he's better then anybody on your team oh well

I love the Soft Bodied Assassin, but I have seen far too many times Knicks fans try to compare him to Kevin Durant and put him as a top five player. It's pretty ridiculous. In fact, Knick fans are usually the biggest homers on this site and it's not really close at all.

And I disagree.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=curryst01&y1=2013&p2=anthoca01&y2=2013

Curry and Melo were pretty much the same in production last year. Melo having more volume and Curry being more efficient by a nonmarginal amount.

No need to take potshots because you are a homer.

RiLoc
10-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Ric Bucher is one of the worst sports commentators I know of. He's said Westbrook is better than Durant. He was talking about the draft year before last on the Russillo's NBA podcast and he said Anthony Davis was a point guard.

Guppyfighter
10-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Hey guys, I discredited Melo. I don't think he is as good as Lebron.

I am such a hater.