PDA

View Full Version : Bulls shopping Marquis Teague, Intend to Keep Mike James as 3rd String PG!!

CubsBullsBucs
10-15-2013, 02:53 PM
The Legend Lives On. Sites the reason for keeping him because the Bulls are in a "win now" mode.
http://www.blogabull.com/2013/10/14/4836748/chicago-bulls-trade-rumors-marquis-teague-being-shopped

NYKnickFanatic
10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I know Mike James is a joke on PSD, but he is a solid back up PG.

rocket
10-15-2013, 03:03 PM

Solid PG? Are you ****ing kidding me? He's THE GOAT. Don't EVER disrespect him like that again.

pacofunk64
10-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Not sure what kind of value he has but I wouldn't think it would take much to get him. Lakers should look at him.

Chronz
10-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Hallelujah

ACanadian
10-15-2013, 03:21 PM
D.J Augustin for Teague straight up.

Muttman73
10-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Not sure what kind of value he has but I wouldn't think it would take much to get him. Lakers should look at him.

UM, how about first round pick to start

Stunner
10-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Would like to move Teague for either a cheap big or a pick

ThuglifeJ
10-15-2013, 03:31 PM
He's still a raptor at heart..

About time the bulls win their 7th ring tho

NYKnickFanatic
10-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Solid PG? Are you ****ing kidding me? He's THE GOAT. Don't EVER disrespect him like that again.

:laugh2:

Knick_Fever
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM

Absolutely, the guy simply gets the job done. Teague has no place on that team, he's not what they need.

Knick_Fever
10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Would like to move Teague for either a cheap big or a pick

They'll probably get a future 2nd for him, which imo is what he's worth.

Shammyguy3
10-15-2013, 07:02 PM
They'll probably get a future 2nd for him, which imo is what he's worth.

:laugh2: if that's what you think he's worth, then the Bulls are ******** to trade him. And for the record, he's worth much more than a future 2nd.

DR_1
10-15-2013, 07:26 PM
:laugh2: if that's what you think he's worth, then the Bulls are ******** to trade him. And for the record, he's worth much more than a future 2nd.

This. People on this site seriously undervalue the Bulls players, while people on our own forum overvalue them. Lol we just can't figure it out.

5ass
10-15-2013, 07:41 PM
I dont mind the magic jumping on that. Not sure what theyd give up though.

CubsBullsBucs
10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
just happy to see MJ back with the Bulls!!

Stunner
10-15-2013, 08:02 PM
I dont mind the magic jumping on that. Not sure what theyd give up though.

I'll take Kyle O'Quinn

mikekhelxD
10-15-2013, 08:06 PM
The over dribbling brick machine. Man, I was just frustrated with Teague last year. Yes he is a rookie, but I hate it when he is subbed in. Dribble, dribble, dribble, bricked!

5ass
10-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I'll take Kyle O'Quinn

Thats probably a fair trade, but i like o'quinn and personally i wouldnt do it. Oquinn looks like he'll be a cery solid back up bigman, teague's situation is more vague. The fact that he couldnt get decent minutes bcz of nate and hinrich worries me.

Stunner
10-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Thats probably a fair trade, but i like o'quinn and personally i wouldnt do it. Oquinn looks like he'll be a cery solid back up bigman, teague's situation is more vague. The fact that he couldnt get decent minutes bcz of nate and hinrich worries me.
Why would you be worried ? He was raw to begin with and is like 20 years old , he's not the offensive talent as Nate nor the Floor general or defender Kirk is. He wasn't going to get the playing time he needs here like he could elsewhere .

5ass
10-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Its only because i love o'quinn. Even though he was fouling out in 10 min often, i still like him. He showed some improvement throughout the season. Hes just one of those good to have on ur team guys. Brings energy and hustle but shows poise and leadership.

5ass
10-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Also were going to need him for when we get rid of davis.

LTBaByyy
10-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Teague and Taj Gibson for Aaron Affalo and Glen Davis seems decent to both teams

Stunner
10-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Teague and Taj Gibson for Aaron Affalo and Glen Davis seems decent to both teams
Money doesn't match

Shammyguy3
10-15-2013, 09:36 PM
With the Bulls' in the luxury tax and Teague's salary so little, you'll be hard-pressed to find any trade that makes sense for the Bulls and the other team both on the court and in the cap

DallasTrilla23
10-15-2013, 10:10 PM
The over dribbling brick machine. Man, I was just frustrated with Teague last year. Yes he is a rookie, but I hate it when he is subbed in. Dribble, dribble, dribble, bricked!

I thought you were talking about Mike James LOL

Mr_Amaziing
10-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I would Love if they traded him to Detroit Pistons for Will Bynum

IndyRealist
10-16-2013, 03:28 PM

He was drafted at the end of the 1st round, basically a 2nd round pick. So for him to be worth "much more than a future 2nd" he would have to be substantially better than projected. He is not. He was a crappy player in college, he is a crappy player in the NBA. He does have NBA speed, but so do a dozen guys in the D-league that anyone could sign for a fraction of what Teague makes.

Rndy
10-16-2013, 05:52 PM
I like Teague he has potential to be a starting PG some day he was very raw when he was drafted but his ability to get to the rim when ever he wants, and his P&R will help him a lot. He's a guy I think if he continues to work with Thibs he can be a very good defender. I don't want to trade Teague just to trade the guy I'm a fan of his he's raw not everyone becomes a rotation player in year 2.

He was drafted at the end of the 1st round, basically a 2nd round pick. So for him to be worth "much more than a future 2nd" he would have to be substantially better than projected. He is not. He was a crappy player in college, he is a crappy player in the NBA. He does have NBA speed, but so do a dozen guys in the D-league that anyone could sign for a fraction of what Teague makes.

I disagree him being crappy in the NBA or in college. He had a small role in college because of the talent they had he just needed to protect the ball and use P&R he wasn't really given the chance for everyone to spread the floor and let him work. He's got a lot of NBA talent if he can continue to improve on his shoot which it seems he did improve after the summer games and a few shots in pre season granted too small of a sample size to know yet. But he's not crappy good potential and raw that doesn't make you crappy.

IndyRealist
10-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I like Teague he has potential to be a starting PG some day he was very raw when he was drafted but his ability to get to the rim when ever he wants, and his P&R will help him a lot. He's a guy I think if he continues to work with Thibs he can be a very good defender. I don't want to trade Teague just to trade the guy I'm a fan of his he's raw not everyone becomes a rotation player in year 2.

I disagree him being crappy in the NBA or in college. He had a small role in college because of the talent they had he just needed to protect the ball and use P&R he wasn't really given the chance for everyone to spread the floor and let him work. He's got a lot of NBA talent if he can continue to improve on his shoot which it seems he did improve after the summer games and a few shots in pre season granted too small of a sample size to know yet. But he's not crappy good potential and raw that doesn't make you crappy.

Let me rephrase. He didn't PRODUCE in college. Or in the NBA. I take that to mean he is crappy, you do not. My understanding is that Doron Lamb often had to run the offense for Kentucky because Teague was incapable of doing so.

And regardless of the semantics of the word "crappy", it nonetheless stands that he was barely a first round pick. So if people think he's worth "much more than a 2nd round pick" then that would suggest he is substantially better than when he was drafted. He is not. Nothing indicates that he is even minutely better than he was at Kentucky.

Rndy
10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Let me rephrase. He didn't PRODUCE in college. Or in the NBA. I take that to mean he is crappy, you do not. My understanding is that Doron Lamb often had to run the offense for Kentucky because Teague was incapable of doing so.

And regardless of the semantics of the word "crappy", it nonetheless stands that he was barely a first round pick. So if people think he's worth "much more than a 2nd round pick" then that would suggest he is substantially better than when he was drafted. He is not. Nothing indicates that he is even minutely better than he was at Kentucky.

He's improved from college but it's easier to say he hasn't on a message forum. I like the fact that he can actually run NBA plays like a pick and roll something Watson, Nate, and Lucas couldn't do.

ManRam
10-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Wonder if Bulls fans still think they can get someone like JJ Redick for him ;) Boy, those were fun discussions....

He might still have untapped upside, but me personally, I've never been a fan of his, dating back to his U17 days. But hey, I'm an idiot so who knows?

Maybe the Bulls are looking for some low level big man depth? Can't imagine them getting anything more than that. Probably just cap relief.

Rndy
10-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Wonder if Bulls fans still think they can get someone like JJ Redick for him ;) Boy, those were fun discussions....

He might still have untapped upside, but me personally, I've never been a fan of his, dating back to his U17 days. But hey, I'm an idiot so who knows?

Maybe the Bulls are looking for some low level big man depth? Can't imagine them getting anything more than that. Probably just cap relief.

They won't get much for him at all which is why I don't think they should get rid of him. But if their looking to trade him Thibs must not think he has what it takes which really says something to me.

IndyRealist
10-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Rndy, then why are we debating? The only issue I had was someone saying Teague's worth "much more than a 2nd round pick". I point out why that is nonsense, and apparently you agree with me. He has no trade value, and the bulls would be lucky to get a 2nd and not have to take back salary.

Super.
10-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Well duh, Mike James it's the mother****ing GOAT