PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard hears boos in Manila, Philippines

amos1er
10-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Looks like Howard is looked at as a villain everywhere for his antics over the recent years. Should he start to now embrace the villain roll?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ZQv94nehA

Tony_Starks
10-14-2013, 02:26 AM
If he cuts out the drama queen stuff and gets back into the best player in the league discussion all will be forgiven. I don't really see it happening though, too mentally weak....

amos1er
10-14-2013, 02:34 AM
If he cuts out the drama queen stuff and gets back into the best player in the league discussion all will be forgiven. I don't really see it happening though, too mentally weak....

Agreed. I think he is going to demand more post touches and fail miserably. We all know just how bad he is in the post as Laker fans. He needs to mature and focus on defense primarily more like a Russell type player. His only offense should really be dunks, put backs, and alley-oops. He just needs to come to grips with the fact that he has no offensive talent what so ever and he will be all the better for it. In the words of the great Tyrion Lannister... "Never forget what you are bastard, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used against you."

Asik's better
10-14-2013, 06:04 AM
I hate to reign on peoples parade but their was slight boos like in the clip for most rocket players when shooting free throws. The crowd was leaning more to the pacers

eternal slumber
10-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Looks like Howard is looked at as a villain everywhere for his antics over the recent years. Should he start to now embrace the villain roll?

i am from the Philippines. majority of NBA fans here are either band wagon Heat fans or LA Lakers fans.

i hope this tells you why he was being booed when he came here.

TrueFan420
10-14-2013, 07:33 AM
We've seen it time and time again... all will be forgiven if he wins

Byronicle
10-14-2013, 08:47 AM

Role

And I would've thought Kobephiles would know that the Philippines is FULL of them

That's why they booed. There are so many Kobe LA Laker fans in that country

justinnum1
10-14-2013, 09:52 AM
only thing that will help him is a title, and miami has those locked up for the near future so he is screwed.

ManRam
10-14-2013, 01:45 PM
People forgive and forget quickly. Winning cures everything, too.

Maybe not Lakers fans, but if he just gets back to being his likable self and all he worries about is basketball, he'll be fine. A lot of Magic fans have lost the vitriol they had for him, for example.

Tony_Starks
10-14-2013, 02:02 PM

Maybe not Lakers fans, but if he just gets back to being his likable self and all he worries about is basketball, he'll be fine. A lot of Magic fans have lost the vitriol they had for him, for example.

The only Laker fans that wanted him to stay were Mitch and Jimmy Buss. The rest of us were more than happy to see him kick rocks and are looking at Houston like "good luck with that."

Nobody is burning his jersey over here!

ManRam
10-14-2013, 02:13 PM
The only Laker fans that wanted him to stay were Mitch and Jimmy Buss. The rest of us were more than happy to see him kick rocks and are looking at Houston like "good luck with that."

Nobody is burning his jersey over here!

That's a very optimistic way to go about that. I'm glad you hold no ill feelings towards Dwight. That's impressive.

mightybosstone
10-14-2013, 02:15 PM
We've seen it time and time again... all will be forgiven if he wins

x3. If he plays well and this Rocket team become a contender in a season or two, no one will give a damn about the last year and a half.

Also, I fail to see why this is an issue. International fans are not representative of the US fan base as a whole, and theyare far more likely to lean toward teams like the Lakers and Heat with superstar wing players. So naturally there's going to be a lot of Howard hate for leaving LA. Just because the Lakers have such a widespread fan base does not mean the guy is seen as a villain by the rest of the league.

Chronz
10-14-2013, 02:23 PM
If Im Dwight, I would want post touches too. I want to know for sure that my talent in the post has dissolved and is no longer a viable option. 1 year where I battled through injuries isn't enough to end my dream IMO. If I cant get my magic in the post back, then I shut up. I expect a transition period where he learns more about himself and his new 100%

Raps08-09 Champ
10-14-2013, 02:25 PM
The Philippines has a large amount of Lakers fans. So they will probably boo him more than the other cities he plays in overseas.

5ass
10-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Who the hell cares what they think about Howard in the Phillippines?

8kobe24
10-14-2013, 04:19 PM
i am from the Philippines. majority of NBA fans here are either band wagon Heat fans or LA Lakers fans.

i hope this tells you why he was being booed when he came here.

This. Thank you for calling them out and answering the question at the same time.