PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose Out With Sore Knee (Surgically repaired knee)

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Out with knee soreness. Should anybody be worried?

DamnGoat
10-12-2013, 05:09 PM
It's precautionary more than anything...and he hasn't played in a year & a half. Soreness is to be expected. I'm sure it'll be blown out of proportion by some though.

4milesperday
10-12-2013, 05:12 PM
It's precautionary more than anything...and he hasn't played in a year & a half. Soreness is to be expected. I'm sure it'll be blown out of proportion by some though.

Isn't that why you should worry? the knee has gone through numerous rehabilitation, it should not be sore.

DamnGoat
10-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Isn't that why you should worry? the knee has gone through numerous rehabilitation, it should not be sore.
Didn't realize we had doctors lurking here at PSD?

Nah, he was out there warming up and soreness is to be expected from anybody coming off an ACL tear.

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 05:16 PM
It's not normal to have soreness in the place of surgery after so much rehab. Soreness comes in other places because the body needs to adapt again. I tore my MCL/ACL as well. Not saying it's impossible but trust me it's not the norm. The guy took what 18 plus months?

smiddy012
10-12-2013, 05:17 PM
If you're putting more pressure on a part of your body that you haven't been putting a lot of pressure on... It's going to be sore. It's pretty black and white. The time to start worrying is if this is happening in a month or so.

Hawkeye15
10-12-2013, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't be worried yet, but the mere fact that it's been like 19 months or whatever since his tear should mean he is over all that soreness. Most likely, this is just soreness from playing REAL basketball again. If this keeps up over the next month or so, then it's time to worry.

beasted86
10-12-2013, 05:25 PM

Nah, he was out there warming up and soreness is to be expected from anybody coming off an ACL tear.

You questioned whether he was a doctor, then followed it up by informing us what to expect after 1.5 years of knee rehab. I agree with you, by the way, but way to be hypocritical.

Unrelated to the above.... this is exactly why people who were saying he could have come back and helped his team in last year's playoffs should be the last one talking or commenting on his status. A player doesn't come back after such a long layoff of not playing and not have some soreness or limitation of abilities, and coming back during the super highly competitive nature of the playoffs would have been terrible. Its good that Rose was cautious then, and still cautious now. Its the only way he will ever truly recover and be 100% rather than a guy like T-Mac or Penny or whoever who have had knee injuries young and just couldn't bounce back.

More-Than-Most
10-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Oh ****... He wouldnt come back when healthy when his team needed him.... No shot he will start the season now.

amos1er
10-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Will ESPN still rank him top 5 if he doesn't play this season again?

ramsizzle
10-12-2013, 05:32 PM
He has to play into game shape.... this is a non issue. If this is happening in February then we should be concerned.

Stunner
10-12-2013, 05:36 PM
There just being safe , god y'all love to blow things out of proportion . He hasn't played (real )basketball in a year. It's normal and expected to have a lil soreness . Jamal Charles had it too after some games . Playing in practice is diffemt from playing a real game . His body is just adjusting , I'm sure if the season started he would play but it's just pre season and no structual damage is being reported . NBA players have sore knees all the time

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 05:36 PM
I wasn't mentioning anybody should panic lol. But it is something to watch for sure since it's the surgically repaired knee.

Stunner
10-12-2013, 05:37 PM
It's not normal to have soreness in the place of surgery after so much rehab. Soreness comes in other places because the body needs to adapt again. I tore my MCL/ACL as well. Not saying it's impossible but trust me it's not the norm. The guy took what 18 plus months?

Ok doctor

DamnGoat
10-12-2013, 05:38 PM
You questioned whether he was a doctor, then followed it up by informing us what to expect after 1.5 years of knee rehab. I agree with you, by the way, but way to be hypocritical.
Good grief, it was a joke...

And the last part of my post was basically repeating the quotes from the beat writers & GM about the situation. They're being as conservative as possible with him and it was said to be "light soreness." No reason to be concerned just yet.

Drummond#1
10-12-2013, 05:45 PM
I've worked in Sports Medicine for quite a while and can say that there are different levels of severity regarding knee ligament damage. If you suffer a minor tear you will most likely be okay 8-12 weeks after conservative physical therapy. DRose suffered a serious injury that required surgical intervention. It is completely normal to be sore even 16-18 months after the procedure. He will most likely battle soreness for the rest of his life as many professional athletes do after surgery. Sitting out preseason games in order to rest a recently surgically repaired knee is more than reasonable.

I think more than anything fans of other teams are scared of DRoses return to form. And I'm not even a Bulls fan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-12-2013, 06:55 PM
brace yourselves...next Brandon Roy

justinnum1
10-12-2013, 07:00 PM
brace yourselves...next Brandon Roy

lol

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Drummond that's a bold claim considering I'm a fan of a western conference team. Only time my team could play the Bulls in a meaningful game would be the finals. I can't speak for anybody else but I want Rose to be as good as before, for the simple fact that I love watching him play. I posted this because it was making rounds online and I knew it would get posted anyways.

Slug3
10-12-2013, 07:19 PM
It could be something or nothing. When he starts to miss a lot of regular season time is when I would be worried.

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Btw mr physical therapist my knee took 8-9 months to recover before I could run again without limits. I've experienced zero soreness in that knee didn't even do the required rehab really. It was just grade 2 ACL/MCL so not quite as severe as Rose as I said earlier.

There are so many variables, but my doctor said although soreness is possible, it's more likely in OTHER areas compensating for the injured knee. In my case I'm a lefty so I think that helped since my torn knee was the left and that leg is stronger.

Bostonjorge
10-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Stick a fork in him he's done.

sammyvine
10-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Drummond that's a bold claim considering I'm a fan of a western conference team. Only time my team could play the Bulls in a meaningful game would be the finals. I can't speak for anybody else but I want Rose to be as good as before, for the simple fact that I love watching him play. I posted this because it was making rounds online and I knew it would get posted anyways.
didnt you say you wernt a fan of his game and thought cp3 was superior?

DreamShaker
10-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I would have said he had the runs or something. Kid has enough pressure, lol.

xxplayerxx23
10-12-2013, 07:37 PM

No offense but that's stupid

xxplayerxx23
10-12-2013, 07:39 PM
It's precaution. It's normal for you to feel soreness after not playing for a while he practiced yesterday's he's fine

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 07:44 PM
No offense but that's stupid

Just wondering have you had this injury? I have. If you want to know something stupid it's calling something stupid without any rebuttal. Besides people keep downplaying the topic, yet not once in my OP did I say it was anything serious. All I said literally was "should we be worried?". I never said general soreness was unusual. Although where were the reports of same knee soreness during training camp, which often pushes players more than preseason? Hasn't he already played 2 games?

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Btw another thing I don't get is supposedly his knee is stronger than ever, he's gained 5 inches to his vert, he.s more explosive than ever before. So why is his knee sore now if he's been building it up that much supposedly. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

mightybosstone
10-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I do think it's too soon to assume this will have an effect on whether he plays or not to start the season, but to the poster's original question of if anybody should be worried: of course. The guy hasn't played NBA basketball in over a year, is way past the expected timeframe for his rehabilitation and is clearly the only chance the Bulls have to contend this season. Any time your best player is coming off an injury and isn't 100 percent, you should be concerned. But let's see whether this impacts his playing time and his play on the court before we freak out over it.

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Finally a real, logical answer. Boss my opinion is the same as yours. Little worried, something to watch but way too soon to panic.

Rndy
10-12-2013, 08:13 PM
This is so not thread worthy jesus... My budding was streaming the early game workout he was playing dunkings running he was perfect but a lot of players kept falling on both teams because the moisture on the court in del rio that is why Noah and Rose sat out. The "Knee" Is a polite way of saying your court is **** and we're not losing Rose because of this crap.

dtmagnet
10-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Sore doesn't mean its going to tear again.

Rndy
10-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Sore doesn't mean its going to tear again.

In PSD it means it's going to tear so bad Noah and Butlers will tear.

justinnum1
10-12-2013, 08:19 PM
5 days off and it's still sore? wow.

Rndy
10-12-2013, 08:23 PM

Yeah he's done bro he's not even going to play against you guys I hear they accidentally did the surgery on the wrong leg we should have drafted B Easy at least he dances

Kashmir13579
10-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Shumpert had the same thing. They're just being cautious.

Rndy
10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Shumpert had the same thing. They're just being cautious.

Being cautious of the court they were playing on Noah was supposed to play and was a last minute scratch as well during the game I saw about 8-10 full out wipe outs because of the moisture there. In practice it was just as bad. There is no reason to take that chance in a pre season game. It's a shame because of how many people showed up to that game in Del Rio but it wasn't safe I would have been terrified all game if I was Thibs with guys playing.

beasted86
10-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Damn, son... you hopped on a plan and flew there and checked the court out? Nah? Oh, aight.

DaBear
10-12-2013, 08:40 PM
The sky is falling.

Rndy
10-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Damn, son... you hopped on a plan and flew there and checked the court out? Nah? Oh, aight.

Front office made that call he practiced and looked fine was dunking and everything and all of a sudden his knee is hurting lol? KC Johnson Bulls beat reporter was saying Rose was scratched while he was still practicing lol .and why wouldn't he fly there Brazil is an amazing experience.

Clippersfan86
10-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Why are Bulls fans crying and talking about panicking? Nobody in here has come close to panicking or blowing things out of proportion.

Stunner
10-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Why are Bulls fans crying and talking about panicking? Nobody in here has come close to panicking or blowing things out of proportion.
You did with this thread , you knew what you were doing .

O_Touro
10-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Soreness means nothing. Hell, this stop might even have benn schedule in his return plan.
I havent seen any sign of him having trouble in his return. He is fast, explosive and strong. Doesnt move away from contact at all. He will do fine.

downsos
10-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Nah, son... its cool, I just thought it was mad tight how you flew there G IV status style, checked how moisty the courts was, then flew back chilling typing on ya computer like a boss. You really about that life.

There's this invention called the TV. Apparently you can see things without being there. I'm skeptical, but that's what the telegram said. Now I'm off to buy some ether.

Rndy
10-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey, I thought it was crazy entertaining the story that you made up about the floor having moisture, so I just decided to have some fun with it. That's all.

Sorry for you if you took it too seriously.

If you didn't watch the game who are you to say what is made up? I wouldn't make that up lol if Rose knee is sore that is a little concerning to me but I believe it was mostly because of the floor. If you watched the game you would have seen the amount of falling and how much they had to work on the floor. In the interview after the game Rose said he was fine to play but was scratched from front office. The dunks he was making for the crowd just doesn't make me think of a guy who has a hurt knee

I'm not that insecure that I had to make up stuff on a message board bud

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-1013-web-bulls-rio-de-janeiro-chicago-2-20131013,0,5849065.story

jp611
10-12-2013, 10:16 PM
:laugh2:

****ing idiots.

The floor was slippery, Bulls aren't going to take chances with Rose and Noah in a preseason game.

HURRRRR DURRRR DERP

jp611
10-12-2013, 10:18 PM

Herpity derpity derp.

jp611
10-12-2013, 10:20 PM

Because people are panicking and making a big deal out of nothing.

It's beyond stupid to think you wouldn't have soreness in your knee after finally playing in NBA games after an ACL tear. General soreness. Not I tore my ACL again soreness.

It's not rocket science, PSD users make me think it really is.

Rndy
10-12-2013, 10:23 PM
:laugh2:

****ing idiots.

The floor was slippery, Bulls aren't going to take chances with Rose and Noah in a preseason game.

HURRRRR DURRRR DERP

Nope I made it all up because I don't want the PSD people to know Rose is damaged goods that way the PSD posters that play against the Bulls don't know he's hurt! MUAHAHAHA

jp611
10-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Derrick Rose died.

Blunt force trauma to his knee.

Cubby
10-12-2013, 10:42 PM

Because people are panicking and making a big deal out of nothing.

It's beyond stupid to think you wouldn't have soreness in your knee after finally playing in NBA games after an ACL tear. General soreness. Not I tore my ACL again soreness.

It's not rocket science, PSD users make me think it really is.

This. All this.

beasted86
10-12-2013, 10:45 PM
If you didn't watch the game who are you to say what is made up? I wouldn't make that up lol if Rose knee is sore that is a little concerning to me but I believe it was mostly because of the floor. If you watched the game you would have seen the amount of falling and how much they had to work on the floor. In the interview after the game Rose said he was fine to play but was scratched from front office. The dunks he was making for the crowd just doesn't make me think of a guy who has a hurt knee

I'm not that insecure that I had to make up stuff on a message board bud

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-1013-web-bulls-rio-de-janeiro-chicago-2-20131013,0,5849065.story

I actually did watch the game, and then came on here for to find out the reason he was out because I was looking forward to watching him. Nobody was slipping. Nobody, anywhere, not even on twitter from what I can find said anything about the floor being slippery. You made up the story, just admit it... its fine. Its really not that serious, this is just a message forum on the internet with strangers.

Noah has been out the entire preseason with a sore groin. Next, Rose, Paxson and the rest of the Bulls associates making up a story that Rose's knee was sore knowing that it would be a headline issue because the floor was slippery sounds unreal to me. I can't imagine them willing to put the rest of their $50M+ investments on the floor, but not Rose and Noah... so this story was entertainment for me. It really was an entertaining story, and I was just having fun with it. No malice. No hate on Rose. Just having fun at your expense.

jp611
10-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Well good thing he didn't punch himself in the head out of frustration

xxplayerxx23
10-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Just wondering have you had this injury? I have. If you want to know something stupid it's calling something stupid without any rebuttal. Besides people keep downplaying the topic, yet not once in my OP did I say it was anything serious. All I said literally was "should we be worried?". I never said general soreness was unusual. Although where were the reports of same knee soreness during training camp, which often pushes players more than preseason? Hasn't he already played 2 games?

Um after playing two games it's normal to be a little sore after not playing for a year

Rndy
10-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I actually did watch the game, and then came on here for to find out the reason he was out because I was looking forward to watching him. Nobody was slipping. Nobody, anywhere, not even on twitter from what I can find said anything about the floor being slippery. You made up the story, just admit it... its fine. Its really not that serious, this is just a message forum on the internet with strangers.

Noah has been out the entire preseason with a sore groin. Next, Rose, Paxson and the rest of the Bulls associates making up a story that Rose's knee was sore knowing that it would be a headline issue because the floor was slippery sounds unreal to me. I can't imagine them willing to put the rest of their $50M+ investments on the floor, but not Rose and Noah... so this story was entertainment for me. It really was an entertaining story, and I was just having fun with it. No malice. No hate on Rose. Just having fun at your expense.

You didn't watch the game don't come on here telling lies you didn't see anyone slip? Then you weren't paying attention... Now anyone who actually watched the game could see for themselves. It's kinda sad how you will do anything to troll. I'll be the bigger person here and leave because god forbid you grow up you're still the same poster you were in 2010.

Sadds The Gr8
10-12-2013, 11:28 PM
I thought soreness always happened in your first couple games back from tearing your knee?

pd1dish
10-12-2013, 11:34 PM

and not just from someone coming off an ACL tear, but anyone who is a professional athlete. i guarantee if he wasnt coming off of the injury that he would have played, like most pro athletes would if they only had soreness in their knee. however, Rose is not like most athletes and his health needs to be protected. just as Paxson said, it was just precautionary.

beasted86
10-13-2013, 12:11 AM
You didn't watch the game don't come on here telling lies you didn't see anyone slip? Then you weren't paying attention... Now anyone who actually watched the game could see for themselves. It's kinda sad how you will do anything to troll. I'll be the bigger person here and leave because god forbid you grow up you're still the same poster you were in 2010.

Well if you can find one person anywhere that wrote anything about the court condition in the game, then I'll believe you. The burden of proof is on you since you're the only one who fabricated that story.

As I said, this isn't trolling, I just found your story funny. Anyway this isn't funny anymore and is becoming disturbing that I am talking to a person who possibly has hallucinations or delusions of what he saw on the court that nobody else saw or talked about. I saw the nice play that Jimmy Butler made where he stole the ball for an easy layup then follow it up the next play with a nice jumper. I'm pretty sure this isn't on any highlight replay of the game if there even is one anywhere. I watched the game right on NBATV. I didn't see anyone slip, didn't hear the announcers talk about it, and I searched for it on Google and twitter about anything related to a player slipping or court moisture and didn't find anything related to your story. You lied and made up the story, its pretty simple. Good night.

Cool007
10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
beasted, sorry but you are a joke man. You said you watched the game and said no-one was slipping on the court and implying that Bulls fan is just lying out here???

Well, we know who is lying here. If you did watch the game then you would know that every single qtr, there was always 1 to 2 players slipping and falling while they were dribbling or rebounding or going for the fast break. It was very apparant if you watched the game but obviously you didn't watch the game.

That poster also post the article but you didn't take your sweet time to read it.

This is a non-issue. Rose is fine. The front office just held him out as they are extra-cautious. If this happens a lot in the regular season then this is a thread-worthy otherwise it's just nothing.

mjt20mik
10-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Soreness is expected. He hasn't played an NBA game in 18 months. I'm sorry, but there is no substitute for playing an actual game. You can go hard in a scrimmage and what not, but it isn't the same feeling.

D-Leethal
10-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Why wouldn't they rest him and ease his body and his knee back into game shape slowly? I am taking this official prognosis with as many grains of salt as Duncan sitting out for being "old" last season. I'm sure they were going to rest him if the knee was sore or if it wasn't sore.

And regardless of how much rehabilitation you have - you still need to go through the full court NBA basketball reps to get that knee back into NBA shape. You can't simulate that in any other way outside of playing the actual games.

They had this game 2 preseason DNP planned well before they even knew who was on the schedule for game 1. And Shumpert had a couple early flare ups with stiffness and soreness after his return last year too. Seems pretty logical, standard stuff if you ask me.

beasted86
10-13-2013, 06:36 PM
beasted, sorry but you are a joke man. You said you watched the game and said no-one was slipping on the court and implying that Bulls fan is just lying out here???

Well, we know who is lying here. If you did watch the game then you would know that every single qtr, there was always 1 to 2 players slipping and falling while they were dribbling or rebounding or going for the fast break. It was very apparant if you watched the game but obviously you didn't watch the game.

That poster also post the article but you didn't take your sweet time to read it.

This is a non-issue. Rose is fine. The front office just held him out as they are extra-cautious. If this happens a lot in the regular season then this is a thread-worthy otherwise it's just nothing.

I agree its a non issue of the soreness. Read my first posts in this thread.

All it is was I found his story about moisture in the floor funny and that's the real reason they held him out as completely a joke. I watched the game nobody was slipping more than usual. Show me some clips or something, an article, a tweet, anything. If there was slipping I didn't notice it because it probably wasn't anything crazy outside the usual. I didn't listen intently on every word on the telecast because I was on the computer trying to find out about Rose, and doing other things, but I don't recall them talking about anything with the floor condition.

Him claiming to know how moist the floor they were playing on is just funny, and that's why I was poking fun at it.

I read the article, and them claiming that he was sore Friday and didn't finish the practice was also a fabricated lie as well, right? The real truth behind this whole conspiracy theory is that the floors were too moist, and they were willing to let all the other players play, but not Rose and Noah. :pity:

If you guys cant see the entertainment in his "moisture" story, and can't agree it was made up, I feel sorry for you, because you take this internet forum stuff way too seriously, trying to be a poser.

amak316
10-13-2013, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't worry too much if I were a bulls fan. It's a preseason game and D. Rose is more in the mold of an Allen Iverson than a Michael Jordan. He doesn't seem to have that much passion for the game and I could see him making an excuse just because he doesn't feel like playing a preseason game. He's here to get paid.

bearadonisdna
10-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Beasted's first post in this thread shows he wasnt trying to troll but the moisture thing is real. I can see why Beasted wouldnt believe the Bulls are outright lying, but if the conditions seemed hazardous to their players they can hold them out (like in any level of competion, hs football etc.)

Instead of publically condemning Rios court (international incident) they are like we have concerns for his knee. Now that may not be the whole story but certainly was taken into consideration.
Cuz seriously just a couple of days before a report came out saying rose had NO SORENESS at all. So yea it was a strange development all the way around. If you at least come to terms that the slippery court is/was real it might make more sense.

bearadonisdna
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't worry too much if I were a bulls fan. It's a preseason game and D. Rose is more in the mold of an Allen Iverson than a Michael Jordan. He doesn't seem to have that much passion for the game and I could see him making an excuse just because he doesn't feel like playing a preseason game. He's here to get paid.

How do you know he doesnt have passion for the game. because he was injured last season? Pretty circumstantial criticism.

amak316
10-13-2013, 08:39 PM
How do you know he doesnt have passion for the game. because he was injured last season? Pretty circumstantial criticism.

I obviously don't, my main basis for thinking that has to do with his brother, who he is close to and is also his manager, spouting off early last season about how the bulls did nothing to make themselves contenders in the off season and Derrick was pissed off and said that he wasn't going to push himself to play because of that. Then he proceeded to ride the bench and watch his team sputter in the playoffs despite being cleared for months to play.

Doesn't seem like a very Jordan'esque attitude to me. Again I could be wrong, but when a guy is rumored to be making threats like that by a credible source and then proceeds to follow through with said threat I'm inclined to believe the rumor was true.

todu82
10-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Hopefully this isn't serious and just a precaution. Rose is such a talented player, be a shame to see his career go down due to injury.

D_Rose1118
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Btw mr physical therapist my knee took 8-9 months to recover before I could run again without limits. I've experienced zero soreness in that knee didn't even do the required rehab really. It was just grade 2 ACL/MCL so not quite as severe as Rose as I said earlier.

There are so many variables, but my doctor said although soreness is possible, it's more likely in OTHER areas compensating for the injured knee. In my case I'm a lefty so I think that helped since my torn knee was the left and that leg is stronger.

my buddy who plays d1 soccer tore his acl and it has been about 3 years since his surgery and this guy is a workout maniac and even he gets sore in the surgically repaired knee after he goes for a long run or plays basketball for a couple hours straight, this is completely normal

plus it wasnt even roses decision, the bulls are being super conservative with this..... as they should, chicago could not handle another hill, hardaway, roy etc. not close to being worth it

bearadonisdna
10-13-2013, 09:31 PM
I obviously don't, my main basis for thinking that has to do with his brother, who he is close to and is also his manager, spouting off early last season about how the bulls did nothing to make themselves contenders in the off season and Derrick was pissed off and said that he wasn't going to push himself to play because of that. Then he proceeded to ride the bench and watch his team sputter in the playoffs despite being cleared for months to play.

Doesn't seem like a very Jordan'esque attitude to me. Again I could be wrong, but when a guy is rumored to be making threats like that by a credible source and then proceeds to follow through with said threat I'm inclined to believe the rumor was true.

Early last season or after the trade-deadline?

TheIlladelph16
10-13-2013, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't be worried unless he starts missing time to start the season. Most likely just precautionary with the knee and like some are posting the court conditions seemed to be questionable. It's certainly something to keep an eye on though moving forward.

I understand some people want to troll Bulls fans over Rose and him not playing last year, which I completely side with Rose on fwiw, but there isn't a need to get so defensive. Until he plays again and looks like the old Rose in real games, unfortunately there will continue to be criticism.

DR_1
10-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Good grief, it was a joke...

And the last part of my post was basically repeating the quotes from the beat writers & GM about the situation. They're being as conservative as possible with him and it was said to be "light soreness." No reason to be concerned just yet.

Ignore this guy, he is such a troll. He's one of those fifth-grader Heat bandwagon fans.

bearadonisdna
10-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Beasted you say you saw the game but guys were literally wiping out. Guys were taking spills like there was an open puddle on the middle of the court. It was weird. You thought that was normal basketball? That the BUlls and Wiz werent very coordinated? Compared to the Heat?

Badluck33
10-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Bulls should have drafted Beasley

UGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

pacofunk64
10-13-2013, 11:24 PM
I remember Adrian Peterson having some knee soreness as well. The more Rose plays he'll start breaking up that cartilage and be back to normal...hopefully anyways.

beasted86
10-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Beasted you say you saw the game but guys were literally wiping out. Guys were taking spills like there was an open puddle on the middle of the court. It was weird. You thought that was normal basketball? That the BUlls and Wiz werent very coordinated? Compared to the Heat?

No, I didn't see anyone slipping. I'm actually starting to think you are crazy and imagining this whole thing to be honest. Really, no offense, not trying to troll or bait at all. Like do you have some made up stigma in your head that these are some bare-foot Amazon Indians running the arena or that the arena is actually in the middle of the rain forest so it has rain on it?

Okay, that comes off harsh, but I think it was a necessary vivid description because I think your story comes off as borderline rude since it isn't substantiated. These guys have a lot of money invested in their stadium because this is the very same country and arena that will be hosting the next Olympics, and currently play a number of FIBA games. It comes off as totally absurd and bizarre that you would suggest their court is below par without any proof. It also seems even worse that you would suggest that while the court was slippery, the Bulls (and both teams') management was willing to let its players play on a sub-par court and risk injury to all players except Rose.

Last year the HEAT were supposed to have a preseason game in Tampa and it was cancelled. The court did actually have moisture and guys were slipping around, and it wasn't second guessed. They went out for warmups, realized the court was sub-par and cancelled the game without hesitation. You can probably find video clips of it somewhere, and it was Chalmers and the HEAT coaches pointing it out, and the arena staff trying to do something about it. You would have seen the very same thing there in Brazil. Guys aren't willing to injure themselves on a crappy court, whether it is in the USA or Brazil. If the floor was slippery or below par, the players would have surely pointed it out and you would have seen the video somewhere somehow or read about it somewhere.

But really the most standing thing I have to say about it is simply, how can a country that will host the Olympics fail at prep for a simple preseason game?

Clippersfan86
10-13-2013, 11:39 PM
my buddy who plays d1 soccer tore his acl and it has been about 3 years since his surgery and this guy is a workout maniac and even he gets sore in the surgically repaired knee after he goes for a long run or plays basketball for a couple hours straight, this is completely normal

plus it wasnt even roses decision, the bulls are being super conservative with this..... as they should, chicago could not handle another hill, hardaway, roy etc. not close to being worth it

Yea maybe I lucked out. All I was going off of is what I was told, although my wording was probably too strong when I said "unlikely to be sore". I should of said chance of soreness, chance of no soreness.

bearadonisdna
10-14-2013, 01:23 AM
No, I didn't see anyone slipping. I'm actually starting to think you are crazy and imagining this whole thing to be honest. Really, no offense, not trying to troll or bait at all. Like do you have some made up stigma in your head that these are some bare-foot Amazon Indians running the arena or that the arena is actually in the middle of the rain forest so it has rain on it?

Okay, that comes off harsh, but I think it was a necessary vivid description because I think your story comes off as borderline rude since it isn't substantiated. These guys have a lot of money invested in their stadium because this is the very same country and arena that will be hosting the next Olympics, and currently play a number of FIBA games. It comes off as totally absurd and bizarre that you would suggest their court is below par without any proof. It also seems even worse that you would suggest that while the court was slippery, the Bulls (and both teams') management was willing to let its players play on a sub-par court and risk injury to all players except Rose.

Last year the HEAT were supposed to have a preseason game in Tampa and it was cancelled. The court did actually have moisture and guys were slipping around, and it wasn't second guessed. They went out for warmups, realized the court was sub-par and cancelled the game without hesitation. You can probably find video clips of it somewhere, and it was Chalmers and the HEAT coaches pointing it out, and the arena staff trying to do something about it. You would have seen the very same thing there in Brazil. Guys aren't willing to injure themselves on a crappy court, whether it is in the USA or Brazil. If the floor was slippery or below par, the players would have surely pointed it out and you would have seen the video somewhere somehow or read about it somewhere.

But really the most standing thing I have to say about it is simply, how can a country that will host the Olympics fail at prep for a simple preseason game?

Yes they will host the olympics. In like 3years. Doubt they are up to regulation on all IOC mandates 3 years premature and its unfair to hold them to that standard just yet. All it was maybe an overly waxy floor. You are correct there doesnt seem to be much documented accounts of this situation other than eye-witness form other message boards. Its not necessarily substantiated but there are accounts of people at the area describing what we saw at home was a slippery court. Will fetch board links if requested.

GiantsSwaGG
10-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Amare touched his knee, Chi fans should be very worried

FreakaNashur
10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
hope for the best

i want drose healthy so he can **** on kyrie irving

Chronz
10-14-2013, 01:08 PM
No thread on Blakes knee injury?

72 Wins
10-14-2013, 01:11 PM
WTF. People are over-reacting on both sides. So his knee was a bit sore. It's the gdamn preseason, who cares? Let him sit if the trainers think it's a good idea.

meloman1592
10-14-2013, 01:24 PM
No thread on Blakes knee injury?

Sarcasm?

meloman1592
10-14-2013, 01:24 PM
hope for the best

i want drose healthy so he can **** on kyrie irving

Why Kyrie? Lol. Plus it's not like rose can guard Kyrie either

Chronz
10-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Sarcasm?
Yep.
He got hurt in practice again. Not that serious, about as serious as Rose's injury, but you wont see Blakefan bring it up.

bearadonisdna
10-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Why Kyrie? Lol. Plus it's not like rose can guard Kyrie either

lol. How would you know?

bbcmillionaire
10-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Lol well I mean rose deserve this criticism. I mean we all are nba players and doctors and we would have played through that injury. H311 I remember playing against Kobe and shaq in the playoffs with a broken back. I still played through it. Screw the bulls and Derrick rose. I'm glad if he gets hurt again that way it'll give my favorite team a better shot at winning the championship

bearadonisdna
10-14-2013, 03:01 PM
:pumping-iron: That was Rose in the offseason.
The narrative that he doesnt have passion for the game is becoming a bad one.

D1JM
10-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Yep.
He got hurt in practice again. Not that serious, about as serious as Rose's injury, but you wont see Blakefan bring it up.

they are busy making a rose thread

FlashBolt
10-14-2013, 11:42 PM
You can preorder Derrick Rose's jersey (tuxedo) for the upcoming season. Hurry, while sales last!

Team*Chicago
10-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Ofcorse he's going through some soreness. He's moving faster, stronger, jumping higher and striking more fear into cryami. You think he isn't going to go through some type of soreness with that knee taking in more pressure than it previously did before it got injuried.

FlashBolt
10-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Look at Kobe, then look at Rose. People love Kobe and can't fully despise him because he has the biggest heart for his respective sport. I don't think even Jordan had a bigger heart an determination to win than Kobe. Rose is the opposite breed. If memory serves right, Rose said he was physically ready - but needed to improve his muscle memory. Sorry, Rose does not get a pass for this one. It's one thing to be injured, it's another if you're out clubbing while your teammates bang it out in the playoffs.

KG2TB
10-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Right...stay on topic...bash a guy based on personal bias and no degree of common sense. Sorry.

FlashBolt
10-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Right...stay on topic...bash a guy based on personal bias and no degree of common sense. Sorry.

Bias? You're the Bulls fanatic attacking another user because they have their own opinion on a player. Common sense states that he himself said he was physically ready to play. Rose is a mockery. This is the same man that went out clubbing after his Bulls lost game 6 against the Nets. This is the same guy who informed his brother to speak publicly about him not having enough talent around him. I don't know why you decide to attack me personally but that warrants a report. Good day, sir.

FreakaNashur
10-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Hahahaha

KG2TB
10-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Bias? You're the Bulls fanatic attacking another user because they have their own opinion on a player. Common sense states that he himself said he was physically ready to play. Rose is a mockery. This is the same man that went out clubbing after his Bulls lost game 6 against the Nets. This is the same guy who informed his brother to speak publicly about him not having enough talent around him. I don't know why you decide to attack me personally but that warrants a report. Good day, sir.

I've been a user since 06 and have NEVER been reported or banned. So Rose went out clubbing. If you rehabilitated yourself and wanted to play, but your owner sided with caution and didn't give you clearance to play, when you were depressed and your friends urged your to get out and get your mind off it and have a good time and cheer up like a normal person, why would you have a problem with this? Like I said, did it ever occur to your it wasn't JUST Rose's decision? I mean seriously, attacking you personally and warranting a report? Are you 12 years old? Respond with logic and with some type of response, don't cry to the higher powers without backing your opinion in which I responded with logic and reason. Rose could have been ready to play in his own mind, but as soon as you are on an NBA team and coming off an ACL tear, and once you want to play despite your owner not giving you clearance, then I'll take you seriously.

bears88
10-15-2013, 10:00 AM
"My knee was good," Rose said. "I never was worried about it. I could have played but the front office made a decision to sit me out. My health is the number one [concern]."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9825926/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-plans-play-wednesday

Team*Chicago
10-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Look at Kobe, then look at Rose. People love Kobe and can't fully despise him because he has the biggest heart for his respective sport. I don't think even Jordan had a bigger heart an determination to win than Kobe. Rose is the opposite breed. If memory serves right, Rose said he was physically ready - but needed to improve his muscle memory. Sorry, Rose does not get a pass for this one. It's one thing to be injured, it's another if you're out clubbing while your teammates bang it out in the playoffs.

:facepalm: What the hell are you talking about? It wasn't even Derrick's decision to play it was Jerry's decision of Rose to play. The doctor that did surgery on his knee never did clear Rose to play. You getting your false information from ESPN is way beyond invalid. Jerry has $94 million invested in Rose and Addidas has $90+ million invested in Rose you think they are going to risk their investment over a playoff series that he wasn't ready to come back.

Kuya_Clive
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24083311/derrick-rose-fully-practices-expected-back-wednesday

I wouldn't be too worried about it. They're really open about this and not that "we'll see, I don't know stuff"

FlashBolt
10-15-2013, 11:30 AM
You really think Rose has no say on whether or not he can play? You Bulls fans are hilarious. If Rose was ready to play, he just had to say it and play. Don't try and put this blame on the front office. This is the same front office that had Butler and many injured players play huge minutes in the playoffs... Give us a break and spare us your excuses.

KG2TB
10-15-2013, 11:45 AM
You really think Rose has no say on whether or not he can play? You Bulls fans are hilarious. If Rose was ready to play, he just had to say it and play. Don't try and put this blame on the front office. This is the same front office that had Butler and many injured players play huge minutes in the playoffs... Give us a break and spare us your excuses.

Ok...you join a sports team, specifically the Bulls, and try to tell Jerry Reinsdorf you're gonna play against his wishes...good luck. It's not exactly just up to the player. You're an employee to someone who's paying you over 90 mil man...if you can't comprehend it wasn't just Rose's decision than there's obviously no point of discussing this further. You think Rose can just be like, ok, boss, I'm good...I'm gonna play with or without your consent. Be real.

Chill_Will_24
10-15-2013, 12:00 PM
I've been a user since 06 and have NEVER been reported or banned. So Rose went out clubbing. If you rehabilitated yourself and wanted to play, but your owner sided with caution and didn't give you clearance to play, when you were depressed and your friends urged your to get out and get your mind off it and have a good time and cheer up like a normal person, why would you have a problem with this? Like I said, did it ever occur to your it wasn't JUST Rose's decision? I mean seriously, attacking you personally and warranting a report? Are you 12 years old? Respond with logic and with some type of response, don't cry to the higher powers without backing your opinion in which I responded with logic and reason. Rose could have been ready to play in his own mind, but as soon as you are on an NBA team and coming off an ACL tear, and once you want to play despite your owner not giving you clearance, then I'll take you seriously.

and you are still attacking him...

and wow you seem to have a very in depth understanding of these guys feelings and motives knowing when they are depressed and needing a little club action to get their mind off things. You sir need to hit me up cuz i need some serious therapy for my depression

colinskik
10-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Glancing at the majority of the posts in this thread, it's clear as day that CHI are overly sensitive to this topic.

Is it a concern that Rose has soreness in his surgically repaired knee? Of course it's a ****ing concern. If you can't see why it's a concern then you're stubborn, blind, or both.

Now just because it's a concern doesn't mean he's going to tear the knee again the next time he plays. But the fact that the team took precautions after he experienced soreness tells us that it's concerning to them as well. Add to that, we know Rose's mental condition as it relates to the injury is frail, so it's also a concern that Rose might get all up in his own head again.

If the reason he didn't play was due to court moisture like one poster claimed, then why would they list the reason for his DNP as knee soreness? No reason to get the rumor mill all fired up for no reason. Could have easily said "rest" or something else.

giventofly
10-15-2013, 12:11 PM

Ok...you join a sports team, specifically the Bulls, and try to tell Jerry Reinsdorf you're gonna play against his wishes...good luck. It's not exactly just up to the player. You're an employee to someone who's paying you over 90 mil man...if you can't comprehend it wasn't just Rose's decision than there's obviously no point of discussing this further. You think Rose can just be like, ok, boss, I'm good...I'm gonna play with or without your consent. Be real.Why are you still replying to him? At this point, isn't it clear that he simply doesn't get it? We can't change everyone's mind.

colinskik
10-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Ok...you join a sports team, specifically the Bulls, and try to tell Jerry Reinsdorf you're gonna play against his wishes...good luck. It's not exactly just up to the player. You're an employee to someone who's paying you over 90 mil man...if you can't comprehend it wasn't just Rose's decision than there's obviously no point of discussing this further. You think Rose can just be like, ok, boss, I'm good...I'm gonna play with or without your consent. Be real.

You're arguments are so biased and attacking, I feel like reporting you too. I won't, of course, but playing the innocent victim card makes me want to puke.

FlashBolt
10-15-2013, 12:54 PM
These Bulls fans can't take harsh criticism. Them agreeing with their respective fans truly convinces them that they are correct. It's quite astonishing because no one outside the Bulls fandom even agrees with them. They result to insults and it will only make me report them, funny.

jp611
10-15-2013, 01:02 PM
http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/james-wade-will-sit-out-game-vs-knicks/?_r=0

Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are mentally weak.

They missed a REGULAR season game.

Lebron fans are mentally weak, they can't handle criticism.

colinskik
10-15-2013, 01:26 PM
http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/james-wade-will-sit-out-game-vs-knicks/?_r=0

This makes zero sense, is off topic, and doesn't prove a point in any way whatsoever.

bbcmillionaire
10-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Lol bottom line, rose was held out a Preseason game by management, and he's playing tomorrow. End thread to stop useless bickering by people who want to use their professional medical and human psyche evaluations to label rose as soft and mentally weak.

Goose17
10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Just wondering have you had this injury? I have.

And that means nothing, first of all, everyone responds differently, also not every tear is the same, some are more severe. On top of that he just got done playing his first games in over a year, even guys who haven't played through the off-season will be sore.

Just because you didn't have any pain similar to what is being described doesn't mean it is impossible. And let's be honest, he's not recovering to being a "normal" person in a normal life, he's getting back to being one of the most athletic professional basketball players in the world. There's more than a slight difference there.

A friend of mines played amateur football (soccer) and tore his ACL 6 years ago, he has never played since.

Goose17
10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
People love Kobe and can't fully despise him because he has the biggest heart for his respective sport.

I fully despise him, with all of my being.

And heart? ...HGH is a hell of a drug.

DR_1
10-15-2013, 02:55 PM

Thank you for stating the obvious. You should add their fans to that list as well. Most of them are a pathetic excuse for a fan base.

Clippersfan86
10-15-2013, 04:07 PM
And that means nothing, first of all, everyone responds differently, also not every tear is the same, some are more severe. On top of that he just got done playing his first games in over a year, even guys who haven't played through the off-season will be sore.

Just because you didn't have any pain similar to what is being described doesn't mean it is impossible. And let's be honest, he's not recovering to being a "normal" person in a normal life, he's getting back to being one of the most athletic professional basketball players in the world. There's more than a slight difference there.

A friend of mines played amateur football (soccer) and tore his ACL 6 years ago, he has never played since.

This is true and fair but I did acknowledge this about 3-4 times early in the thread. None of this can be disagreed with, so there isn't much to say. I was just saying I'm not an idiot or misinformed like some tried to say because I had a similar injury and had zero soreness in the leg. I don't push myself the way an NBA star does as you implied, but I play sports/work out often enough to trigger soreness in the knee and never did. I was simply sharing what my specialists and PT's said to me.

KG2TB
10-15-2013, 04:36 PM
You're arguments are so biased and attacking, I feel like reporting you too. I won't, of course, but playing the innocent victim card makes me want to puke.

Pat yourself on the back for policing and sticking up for 'me attacking someone' Wah. I haven't heard a legit response about how it wasn't just Rose's decision and how Reinsdorf had final say. All I've heard is how I'm bias and 'attacking' this poor individual. Someone actually did report me, lol. My first in 7 years. It wasn't just Rose's decision. Instead of crying about it how about a response to that ?

KG2TB
10-15-2013, 04:45 PM
and you are still attacking him...

and wow you seem to have a very in depth understanding of these guys feelings and motives knowing when they are depressed and needing a little club action to get their mind off things. You sir need to hit me up cuz i need some serious therapy for my depression

Let me ask you this...if you were on a team that was in the playoffs, and if you wanted to play but didn't have clearance from the owner of the team...how would you feel? Good? I obviously don't have an insight to his exact feelings but it's a reasonable assumption considering some of the media who questioned him and bashed him and the fact that in all likelihood he wanted to play but wasn't allow to be Jerry Reinsdorf probably effected him. Or no?

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-15-2013, 05:47 PM

lol no it is not to be expected...

i had ACL surgery and i didn't go through 1/10 of the rehabilitation Rose most likely went through and after almost 2 years its as good as knew.

that surgery did not go well, i guarantee that because this isn't even remotely close to being normal especially when you see other great athletes like RG3 and AP come back in a third of the time Rose did.

jp611
10-15-2013, 08:42 PM
This makes zero sense, is off topic, and doesn't prove a point in any way whatsoever.

Exactly my point.

Rose trolls are obsessed, knee soreness is expected after no live games for over a year.

If this starts to happen all regular season, there may be a point, until then... This is quite simply the Rose trolls baiting bulls fans

Now why is there no thread about Blake's knee injury?

Cool007
10-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Wow! This thread is still going???

Rose missed a PRESEASON game because Front Office held him out since the floor wasn't all that normal (slippery) as a precaution and they just made an excuse (to make Rio people believe) that he had some minor soreness so he missed the game.

As soon as Bulls came back to US, he started practicing FULLY and will be playing the next game.

This thread should be locked IMO, if Rose continues missing games left and right in the regular season then we can talk.

ramsizzle
10-15-2013, 09:33 PM
lol no it is not to be expected...

i had ACL surgery and i didn't go through 1/10 of the rehabilitation Rose most likely went through and after almost 2 years its as good as knew.

that surgery did not go well, i guarantee that because this isn't even remotely close to being normal especially when you see other great athletes like RG3 and AP come back in a third of the time Rose did.

LOOL So ap and rg3... rg3 who isn't playing well and is wearing a brace the size of texas on his knee?

And yeah your acl rehab must've been exactly like Rose's ha champ?

This is a non issue and he has said he would play if it wasn't a preseason game in Brazil....

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-16-2013, 12:40 AM
LOOL So ap and rg3... rg3 who isn't playing well and is wearing a brace the size of texas on his knee?

And yeah your acl rehab must've been exactly like Rose's ha champ?

This is a non issue and he has said he would play if it wasn't a preseason game in Brazil....

i clearly stated i prolly didn't go through even 1/10th of his rehab and yet my knee is fine. Obviously i don't play at the velocity he does, but after any sort of exercise (running, basketball etc) i don't have soreness anymore.

Also, rg3 is playing worse but there hasn't been any talk about how his knee has gotten sore. And even if it did, its not that bad because his surgery wasn't too long ago and he plays in a more physically demanding sport.

If bulls fans take their homer glasses off they can tell this surgery was not a successful one, and i mean that in all honesty.

It prolly won't be an issue playing time wise, because i doubt he misses any time to start the season, but it has to be worrisome longterm if he's getting soreness a year and a half later.

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Exactly my point.

Rose trolls are obsessed, knee soreness is expected after no live games for over a year.

If this starts to happen all regular season, there may be a point, until then... This is quite simply the Rose trolls baiting bulls fans

Now why is there no thread about Blake's knee injury?

Let me preface this by saying im not trolling.

"Rose Return" or whatever the propaganda was, was advocated enough for me to assume that he worked his *** off for months on end. That sort of rehab is prolly more demanding than a live game... Not to mention he practiced hard with the team throughout the end of the season last year and through the offseason. So the whole "he hasn't played a live game in over a year is the reason for the soreness" doesn't work for me.

If they said he had soreness just to make up an excuse for him to miss a game, then im wasting my time. But if he truly has soreness, then that's not good. 82 game season man... Already soreness after a preseason game? Not good...

PurpleLynch
10-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I fully despise him, with all of my being.

And heart? ...HGH is a hell of a drug.

I thought in 2013 you were innocent till proven guilty by an impartial judge...Didn't know Judge Dredd was a real thing now.

colinskik
10-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Pat yourself on the back for policing and sticking up for 'me attacking someone' Wah. I haven't heard a legit response about how it wasn't just Rose's decision and how Reinsdorf had final say. All I've heard is how I'm bias and 'attacking' this poor individual. Someone actually did report me, lol. My first in 7 years. It wasn't just Rose's decision. Instead of crying about it how about a response to that ?

I'm not policing. I didn't report you. I've never reported anyone. And just because you haven't been reported in your 7 years doesn't mean you haven't deserved it. The way you post, you need to step back for a second and think, "Is it really worth the name calling?" Relax.

I'll gladly respond to your question, which is the first time it's being directed at me. Without knowing all the info, I would have to believe that if an athlete wanted to play, and was medically cleared to do so, there's no way a suit is going to have the final say. He may own the team, but he doesn't own Rose.

And to address the point of Rose's mental state, he himself said last year that he wasn't mentally ready to execute basketball moves for fear of reinjury. That's straight from his mouth, not hearsay or assumption.

FlashBolt
10-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Okay, we'll just see. If you think the owner has the final say, you are simplistic. Rose has bigger people to answer than his owner. He has a team of lawyers, doctors, endorsers, and many people who helped mold his decision. Why did he say he was day to day? Why was he clubbing while his team lost to the Nets? You clearly have no solution for these questions. I actually feel bad for Chitown fans. They went from the fearless attitude of Jordan, to a complete coward in Rose. My oh my, how much this franchise has changed. I wonder how successful Rose would be if it wasn't for his hardworking teammates. I can only imagine how powerful James, KD, CP, and Kobe would be with that kind of roster.

ramsizzle
10-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Okay, we'll just see. If you think the owner has the final say, you are simplistic. Rose has bigger people to answer than his owner. He has a team of lawyers, doctors, endorsers, and many people who helped mold his decision. Why did he say he was day to day? Why was he clubbing while his team lost to the Nets? You clearly have no solution for these questions. I actually feel bad for Chitown fans. They went from the fearless attitude of Jordan, to a complete coward in Rose. My oh my, how much this franchise has changed. I wonder how successful Rose would be if it wasn't for his hardworking teammates. I can only imagine how powerful James, KD, CP, and Kobe would be with that kind of roster.

Lebron lost a finals in which he shot 35% and the next day wore a shirt that said "check my stats." Is Lebron a coward for doing jack in the finals and then doing that? Rose going to a club after a game in which he didnt play in doesn't matter....No. Rose will dominate the league in a few weeks and all will be forgotten...

jp611
10-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Rose is playing tonight.

Weird. I thought his career was over

Kuya_Clive
10-16-2013, 09:13 PM
He looks great tonight...had Stacey King pull out the "ooooh kill em"

D1JM
10-16-2013, 09:13 PM
he looks ok

FlashBolt
10-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Lebron lost a finals in which he shot 35% and the next day wore a shirt that said "check my stats." Is Lebron a coward for doing jack in the finals and then doing that? Rose going to a club after a game in which he didnt play in doesn't matter....No. Rose will dominate the league in a few weeks and all will be forgotten...

You answered your own question. Has Rose led his team to the Finals - let alone past the ECF? No, no, no. Dominating at handing towels?

Linkels
10-17-2013, 12:20 AM
You answered your own question. Has Rose led his team to the Finals - let alone past the ECF? No, no, no. Dominating at handing towels?

Rose was what 22 i think when he played in the ECF? and a rookie when he took the C's to a game 7. Dude isn't even in his prime yet. Jump off.

Team*Chicago
10-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Tonights game should shut-up the lumpheads in the NBA Forum.

ramsizzle
10-17-2013, 04:26 AM

Lebron benefited from playing in a MUCH weaker east....That has no bearing on anything.

Either way, that wasn't the point of my post.... it was that people have done dumb things and there be no backlash. Why is Rose getting bashed for going to a club... something every person has a right to do?

jp611
10-17-2013, 05:19 AM
22 points in 22 minutes

Career. Over.

kingsdelez24
10-17-2013, 09:13 AM
You guys sound like congresspeople bickering over this. LeBron and D-Rose are both MVP caliber players now get over it

NYKnickFanatic
10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
22 points in 22 minutes

Career. Over.

But, but but but but buttttttttt DROSE will never be the same...

PurpleLynch
10-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Last game put an end to people thinking Rose wouldn't come back.

colinskik
10-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Last game put an end to people thinking Rose wouldn't come back.

I won't speak for everyone, but my argument had nothing to do with Rose's career being over or severely downgraded post injury.

It was simply that swelling in his surgically repaired knee is cause for concern. It's not something you want to hear.

But of course people tend to exaggerate someone else's argument on here cause that's become the norm. smh

MonroeFAN
10-17-2013, 01:30 PM
wow, 10 FT attempts in 22 minutes? This guy really is amazing.

jp611
10-17-2013, 02:22 PM
I won't speak for everyone, but my argument had nothing to do with Rose's career being over or severely downgraded post injury.

It was simply that swelling in his surgically repaired knee is cause for concern. It's not something you want to hear.

But of course people tend to exaggerate someone else's argument on here cause that's become the norm. smh

Swelling and soreness aren't the same thing.

colinskik
10-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Swelling and soreness aren't the same thing.

You're right, they aren't.

I was confusing this with the Oden thread.

Still, soreness in that knee certainly isn't good news. Not the worst news ever, but certainly not good.

Cubby
10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
It's not good or bad. It's absolutely, 100% normal to have knee soreness on a surgically repaired knee after you haven't played in over a year.

Stunner
10-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Why is this still open ?

colinskik
10-17-2013, 02:47 PM
It's not good or bad. It's absolutely, 100% normal to have knee soreness on a surgically repaired knee after you haven't played in over a year.

This is admittedly nit picking on my part, but i said it's not good news. Good news would be his knee feels better than it did prior to the injury . No news would be he doesn't feel anything. Bad news is it's sore.

It's not necessarily bad per se, but as a fan you'd rather hear the first two pieces of news rather than the last.

pacofunk64
10-17-2013, 03:03 PM
DRose was naaaaaaaaaaaaaasty last night. You almost forget just how explosive he really is. He looked almost as if he could be faster if that's possible. He also said his vertical is up from 37" to 42".

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-17-2013, 03:26 PM

Why would it be sore... He's rested and rehabbed it for a year and a half, and was pretty much playing in practice with his teammates...

Stunner
10-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Why would it be sore... He's rested and rehabbed it for a year and a half, and was pretty much playing in practice with his teammates...

And that translates to a real game experience , nobody goes full force in Practice like that to avoid injuries .

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-17-2013, 06:10 PM
And that translates to a real game experience , nobody goes full force in Practice like that to avoid injuries .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Adrian Peterson shattered his knee... and he hasn't sat out any games, due to soreness?

Wasn't the point of Rose sitting out the entire season, was to be ready to go by now? He was cleared to play last season. Why are there setbacks, now that he has returned? The soreness shoulda happened 6 months ago @ the latest. Not a week and a half before the start of the season.

jp611
10-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Adrian Peterson shattered his knee... and he hasn't sat out any games, due to soreness?

Wasn't the point of Rose sitting out the entire season, was to be ready to go by now? He was cleared to play last season. Why are there setbacks, now that he has returned? The soreness shoulda happened 6 months ago @ the latest. Not a week and a half before the start of the season.

Derp.

There was no setback, he simply had soreness... And AP did have soreness, and he did miss a PRESEASON game, so yes

You're comparing apples to oranges here anyway

Furymaker
10-17-2013, 07:38 PM

dude , just stop it , it's 100% normal to have soreness after not playing for so long , you're just being annoying now , i had worse injury than Rose , I had rehab for almost a year and worked my *** off for another year before playing football ( soccer ) again , and after first game back my ankle was sore and swollen like crazy , been like that for 2 more games and than all disappeared and my ankle was a lot stronger than before injury , Rose said it himself , as young athlete you don't work that much on your body , but after injury you start working on it and then you see how hard work pays off . You wont be talking about his soreness 2 games in to season when he destroys the knicks

ThaDubs
10-17-2013, 07:57 PM

It's the preseason, so of course he's going to sit out so he can be 100% when the season starts. Why would you take a chance? It's not like the preseason means anything. He's just being smart.

Mr.SmackYoMama
10-17-2013, 08:19 PM
His career is a done deal :0)

smiddy012
10-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Looks like we got headhunters looking for excuses to hate a perfectly good kid.

smiddy012
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM

When you put more pressure on an area that the area is used to, it gets sore. You think Rose wasn't favoring his knee the last year and a half in rehab and training? Now he's playing completely normally, so of course the area he's been favoring is going to be sore. And I read this in Physiology For Dumbies, so it must be true.

Cash
10-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow some people seriously have no basketball knowledge. Not only did the Front Office say that it was nothing but a sore knee, but DERRICK ROSE HIMSELF said he could have played but the front office thought better. It's the pre-season and it's your star player. One could say they weren't cautious enough when Rose tore his ACL, can't blame management for being over cautious now.

Linkels
10-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah i expect Rose to play every minute of a preseason game or obviously the season is lost.

R. Johnson#3
10-17-2013, 11:26 PM
It's not his knee that's hurt. It's his knee's muscle memory.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Derp.

There was no setback, he simply had soreness... And AP did have soreness, and he did miss a PRESEASON game, so yes

You're comparing apples to oranges here anyway

Oh, ok. I wasn't tryna come off as a prik lol... I also didn't know that it was precautionary. I like Rose. Lol. I never realized how sensitive Bull's fans are about the situation lol. Check out dude below your comment haha

jp611
10-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Oh, ok. I wasn't tryna come off as a prik lol... I also didn't know that it was precautionary. I like Rose. Lol. I never realized how sensitive Bull's fans are about the situation lol. Check out dude below your comment haha

No ones sensitive

They're just smart enough to comprehend

32 points in 31 minutes last night.

He's done

raiderfaninTX
10-19-2013, 11:26 AM

Yes you do have doctors who lurk here, sorry it's not only the uneducated who like sports.

jp611
10-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes you do have doctors who lurk here, sorry it's not only the uneducated who like sports.

Doctors can't diagnose from their couch

So even if they are doctors, they aren't able to see his MRIs, X-rays, etc