PDA

View Full Version : NBA Re-Draft Playoffs: Tampa Bay (2) vs Atlantic City (3)

Sadds The Gr8
10-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

TAMPA BAY HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

Tampa Bay Depth Chart:

PG: Deron Williams | Jeremy Lin | Jimmer Fredette
SG: Avery Bradley | Jodie Meeks Mill
SF: Chandler Parsons | Chase Budinger
PF: David Lee | Nick Collison | Lamar Odom
C: Larry Sanders | Chris Wilcox

Atlantic City Depth Chart:

C: Marcin Gortat | Samuel Dalembert
PF: Taj Gibson | Earl Clark | Hakim Warrick
SF: LeBron James | Terrence Jones | Markieff Morris
SG: Klay Thompson | Marco Belinelli
PG: Brandon Jennings | Chauncey Billups

No Writeups from either team.

bloomis1307
10-11-2013, 11:46 PM
This looks like it could be a really good series....I'd like to see matchups before I decide

Sportfan
10-12-2013, 08:49 AM
letsssssssss gooooo ill make a short writeup rn

mightybosstone
10-12-2013, 09:13 AM
This is an extremely tough one. On one hand, Tampa Bay is clearly the more well-rounded team and was constructed far better than Atlantic City. On the other hand, Lebron pretty much just single-handedly beat a team of Parker, Duncan, Manu and Leonard with Wade and Bosh playing like **** and getting help from random role players each night.

There are certain things which stand out to me as significant advantages to Tampa Bay. For one, Williams would absolute abuse Jennings. If you're AC, you almost have to consider putting Lebron on D-Will, switching Jennings over to Bradley and putting Thompson on Parsons. Also, Tampa Bay is just a more cohesive unit offensively, with clear cut roles for each player that should fit together like a glove. Meanwhile, AC really lacks the perimeter shooting that makes the real life Heat so deadly. Thompson can certainly do some damage and Jennings has become a decent perimeter shooter, but their bench only has a couple of decent weapons from long range and their starting big men are pretty much useless outside of 10-12 feet.

However, the Heat also lack Atlantic City's post defense, which could cause problems for the likes of David Lee and Larry Sanders. So, that's certainly a strength I'm sure they'll take advantage of. And if you're Tampa Bay, you probably have to put Bradley on Lebron and let Parsons guard Thompson. I don't see that as a huge issue, though. Lebron's going to get his regardless of who you put on him, and Bradley may not be big, but he's tenacious and stay in front of Lebron as well as anybody.

I'd like to see some discussion from the teams before I vote. I haven't really started to lean one way or the other yet.

Sportfan
10-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Congrats to rosh and ebbs on their team. Before I begin, I just want to say that I feel like this is pretty much the NBA finals because Atlantic City is probably the best team after mine.

Jennings on this team is a HUGE liability. There seems to be a notion that all scoring chucking guards can play with Lebron well but that's not true. Unlike Mo, Jennings can't play as a spot up shooter. He's a career sub-500 TS% 40% FG. He's not a very good playmaker. He won't play a lick of defense on Deron. THe NEW Deron post-Avery Johnson is absolutely going to crush Jennings. Williams was resurrected following the new coach, and went on to score 23 PPG on 48 FG% and 42 3PT%. Against Jennings, Deron will likely score more than that on the same efficiency, if not better

SG: Klay Thompson vs. Avery Bradley
Klay is a dope spot up shooter, a perfect fit with Lebron. Unfortunately for him he's going up against the best on-ball defender in the league. Avery is deadlyyyyy sporting defensive PPP .73 which is BEST among all shooting guards. Bradley will be rotating all across the perimeter and Klay will have Parsons, Deron, MEEKS as well all covering him at times. The plan is, if we can stick Avery hard onto Klay early on, and get him to miss some early shots, he'll fall out of rhythm and we can ease up the D a little bit with rotating players guarding him at different times. Thompson, like all shooters, is streaky and the rotation defense seems to be his weakness. After his 34 point outburst in Game 2, Thompson struggled the rest of teh WCF as the spurs made adjustments and he only had a 33 FG%. This will make it really tough on Klay offensively, because he will have to adjust between being defended by smaller, pesky defenders such as Avery and Meeks and overpowering bigger players like Parsons. This rotating defense will cause a lot of problems to Klay. Btw, Avery only allows 29% 3 point % to opposing players. Offensively, we don't expect much from Avery. Klay is a stout defender and willl make it tough on him. However, look for Avery to get his points on cuts to the basket since AC doesn't have a great rim presence.

SF:Lebron vs Chandler Parsons
We can't stop Lebron but we do have a plan to contain him. Basically we will have a perimeter and paint defender for him. When Lebron has the ball on the perimter, we will stick him with either Parsons or Avery. Lebron has beasted Parsons in the past and might be able to steamroll Avery (though Avery does have a 6'8 wingspan and if Rondo can defend Lebron, Avery can defend him even better and will be a pesky little defender on him), but then we will have Larry Sanders waiting in the post for him. Sanders will be containing the paint since Atlantic City has no post presence at all. Sanders is EXTREMELY mobile for his size, has a freakishly large wingspan of 7'7. and was THE BEST RIM protector in the NBA last season. READ HERE (http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/The%20Dwight%20Effect%20A%20New%20Ensemble%20of%20 Interior%20Defense%20Analytics%20for%20the%20NBA.p df) Opposing players shoot 34% FG inthe paint against Sanders. Lebron will do better, but we can contain him for sure, I don't think anyone has a better plan for defending Lebron than us

i have to go to work now but the other positions are self-explanatory. we have the best offensive and defensive big men in this series. our bench is superior. i'll say more later

Sportfan
10-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Oh and in their 3 career matchups Parsons has performed well against parsons. He's averaged 20 PPG and shot 62% FG. He will probably perform close to those numbers in this series

Shammyguy3
10-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Tampa Bay, for all of the reasons that MBT stated

roshan3ai
10-12-2013, 02:00 PM
1. Brandon Jennings vs. Deron Williams

31, 34, 26, 17. No, those aren't Deron's numbers versus Jennings, that's Jennings versus Deron. 67%, 38%, 57%, 50%. That's Jennings from deep versus Deron, who is one of the worst spot up defenders in the NBA. Jennings gets up to play against the best. He has LeBron James creating for him and he has one of the worst spot up defenders in the league guarding him. Jennings won't be handling the ball nearly as much as he did in Milwaukee. What does that mean? More spot-up opportunities from deep. And Deron clearly hasn't been able to guard Jennings from the three point line, or for that matter anyone from the three point line allowing an insane 46% from 3 in spot up opportunities. That's a field day for Jennings, who's a huge x-factor in this series.

2. LeBron James vs. Chandler Parsons

This is the biggest mismatch of the series. LeBron in the playoffs 26-8-7. 5.2 WS. 59% TS%. He's the best player in the league. In the playoffs against a top defender he dominated the last two games to win the series against the Pacers. LeBron opens up the floor for his teammates. He has the spacing, he has the second options and has the defensive help on this team. Parsons? They wanna use Parsons' stats versus LeBron? Goes two ways. LeBron vs. Parsons: 34 PPG | 8 Rbs | 5 Assts. 55% FG%, 9 FTA per game. He dominated Parsons in all their matchups. And in the playoffs? LeBron takes it to another level. The best player on the planet versus and up and coming player with minimal experience. This just is not a good matchup at all for Tampa Bay. Parsons has shown zero ability to stop LeBron.

3. Klay Thompson

In the playoffs Klay showed the ability to be a great second option while defending the opposing team's best player. The guy is a lights out shooter and with LeBron, he would get more opportunities to score than ever. Klay coming off of screens and getting open looks from LeBron would be impossible to stop. He's not the player Dwyane Wade is, but his ability to space the floor makes him an ideal fit for this team.

4. Defensive Front Court

This squad has the best defensive front court in the game. Taj and Gortat are both plus defenders and some say LeBron is the best defender on the planet. LeBron's ability to make an impact defensively is second to none, as every single team he's been on has been a top defensive team. Now he has two anchors in the post that can play strong man to man defense are good help defenders. I have a hard time seeing Deron penetrating this defense and getting his teammates open looks. After Deron, is there any other person that can create his own shot that Tampa can rely on? Because if Parsons wants to take on LeBron James 1-1, in the playoffs, we will take that any day. With Taj's ability to lock down opposing PF's and Gortat's rebounding ability and quality help D, this team has too much defense where it counts for Tampa Bay to take advantage.

All in all, LeBron has quality scoring threats as well as the best defensive front court in the league. He's got the spacing, rebounding and defense. He hasn't lost in the second round since his Cleveland days to a stacked Celtcis team. I have an incredibly hard time believing that Chandler Parsons will be able to even hinder LeBron's performance, and we have the counters to the scoring threats of Tampa Bay. Jennings is a huge x-factor in this series and getting him open looks against an awful defender in DWill will be huge. And late in the game, Deron is one of the worst clutch players in the league, while LeBron just showed the world that he's the best. Atlantic City takes this in a tough 7 game series.

Sportfan
10-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Not sure why you're acclaiming about Parsons defending Lebron when I made it quite clear he won't lol

And when did Gortat became a plus defender?

Thompson looked really good games 3,4,5,6 against the spurs right?

I'll respond to the rest later

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 02:11 AM
How can Tampa say that we have no post presence at all? Gortat was averaging 15 PPG with Steve Nash as his distributor and averaged 13 Points/36 with a solid true shooting percentage and no true PG to distribute for him. Now he's got the best player in the game to play with and he'll have open looks galore if you have Sanders playing help on LeBron going right past Parsons or backing down Avery.

Avery guarding LeBron would be disastrous, LeBron would go straight to the post like he did versus Kawhi. If they put Avery on LeBron, we will stick Earl Clark in the game for Taj and have three three point shooters on the floor with 'Tat in the post and LeBron taking Avery to work. If you're gonna let a post scorer like Gortat get open looks when the player with the best vision in the game is in the game, then hats off to you. I'll take Gortat getting open looks in the paint all day. He had nobody taking the attention off of him in Phoenix this year, and when he had Nash he averaged 15-10.

This series the small lineup is going to annihilate Tampa Bay. LeBron is going to be playing the 4 for a good chunk of the game. How's David Lee gonna guard him? If David Lee isn't guarding him, then who is he guarding? And who's guarding LeBron? If Lee is on a spotup shooter then his rebounding becomes much less effective as well.

Tampa can't handle all the looks of Atlantic City. The small lineup will be killer in this game, whether it's Chauncey/Jennings/Klay/LeBron/Tat, Jennings/Klay/Clark/LeBron/Tat or Chauncey/Jennings/Klay/LeBron/Taj. There's no way that Tampa can handle the offense and spacing of that team.

And defensively where is Deron going to drive? I'll let Larry Sanders and his 52% TS% shoot all day while Gortat plays help defense. Don't forget that the second option for Tampa is being covered by one of the best PF defenders in the game. Taj Gibson is a huge difference maker. On iso's he's allowing an insane 0.66 PPP, allowing his counterpart to shoot 32% from the field. Against post-ups? 0.75 PPP with a 35% FG%. He must suck against the pick and roll right? Wrong. He's allowing only 0.96 PPP on P&R's with a FG% of 44%, which is among the best in the league. We know Lee is also a good spotup shooter, but Taj gives 130% every night and closes out like a champ. He allows only 0.84 PPP on spot-ups. The man is one of the best defenders in the league, and is the perfect antidote to David Lee. Taj's DRAPM is also one of the best in the league at +2.6.

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Also, Brandon's 38% 3P% in spotup situations disagrees with the notion that he can't spotup like Mo. He's got a great jumper and now he's playing with a player who will get him more open looks than he can imagine. If he's cold, we have no problem playing Chauncey.

KnicksorBust
10-13-2013, 09:33 AM
This is the perfect situation for Jennings. I actually think he'd shine on AC. Also Avery Bradley on LeBron is a bad decision. LeBron can back him all the way under the basket.

I like AC.

Sportfan
10-13-2013, 09:57 AM
We have Larry sanders playing goalie ready for Lebeon at the rim.

Jennings can't play off the ball though people don't seem to understand that. He isn't a spot up shooter, he wants the ball in his hands. Atlantic City is making him into something he's not. If you honestly think he's all of a sudden going to become Ray Allen efficient you're completely wrong. He'll be the same player he has always been

Have you even seen gortat play? Gortat isn't a post presence lol. He's a mid range jump shooter. You don't have anyone in the post to attack me other than Lebron so sanders will be able to handle and contain him

The small lineup helps us even more. We can leave Parsons and Bradley on the perimeter to guard your shooters. We will simply place Sanders on Lebron if he's playing the 4. Sanders is incredibly athletic and mobile so it shouldn't be a problem. He'll lock the paint down so if Lebron wants to take jumpers, let him. Lee can guard your 5. Gortat isn't going to take over any series.

deron will dismantle Jennings. Jennings and billups in the backcourt is treacherous

Sadds The Gr8
10-13-2013, 12:59 PM
bump

DR_1
10-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Tampa Bay easily. They have quality starters at all 5 positions, whereas the only scary guy on Atlantic City is LeBron. Anyone remember those Cavs-Celtics series before LeBron left? That is exactly what this is like.

Sportfan
10-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Tampa Bay easily. They have quality starters at all 5 positions, whereas the only scary guy on Atlantic City is LeBron. Anyone remember those Cavs-Celtics series before LeBron left? That is exactly what this is like.

:nod: listen to this man

greg_ory_2005
10-13-2013, 05:06 PM

Jennings can't play off the ball though people don't seem to understand that. He isn't a spot up shooter, he wants the ball in his hands. Atlantic City is making him into something he's not. If you honestly think he's all of a sudden going to become Ray Allen efficient you're completely wrong. He'll be the same player he has always been

Have you even seen gortat play? Gortat isn't a post presence lol. He's a mid range jump shooter. You don't have anyone in the post to attack me other than Lebron so sanders will be able to handle and contain him

The small lineup helps us even more. We can leave Parsons and Bradley on the perimeter to guard your shooters. We will simply place Sanders on Lebron if he's playing the 4. Sanders is incredibly athletic and mobile so it shouldn't be a problem. He'll lock the paint down so if Lebron wants to take jumpers, let him. Lee can guard your 5. Gortat isn't going to take over any series.

deron will dismantle Jennings. Jennings and billups in the backcourt is treacherous

AC will pretty much get killed on defense and on the boards if they play that small lineup.

Jennings is inconsistent as hell. We'll be glad to give him contested three attempts. I don't care if you have Lebron, if Jennings is the second option...

Yes Taj is a good defender, but Lee is gonna get his regardless. He's done it for years, being efficient and effective. But you're talking about putting Lebron at pf anyways. That pretty much eliminates Taj's effectiveness.

And do you honestly believe Lebron is gonna be that effective when he's gonna have to guard Lee on the other end for the majority of the game? We're gonna make him work all game on the defensive end, no matter if he's at SF or PF.

We have multiple weapons on the floor at all times. Jennings/billups/Klay/Clark/gortat isn't gonna be able to stop that. It doesn't matter who you put on the floor, your defense and rebounding will still be crap. Jennings is a terrible second option for him, which makes Lebron go back to that player that has to do it all by himself. And we know for sure that he isn't gonna beat us by himself.

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 05:08 PM

Larry Sanders on LeBron. Sanders. The man who already averaged 3.3 Fouls per game during the regular season and 4.5 fouls per game against LeBron's team in the postseason? LeBron is gonna blow right past him and if David Lee is waiting for him in the paint? Well, let's just say I like my chances. You're going to let LeBron shoot from the perimeter? Sweet I love my 41% 3 point shooter getting open looks and being guarded by a center. That's absolutely atrocious. Sanders is athletic for a center. To think he'd be fine guarding LeBron James is absolutely foolish.

Have you seen Gortat play? 45% of his possessions come of the pick and roll or on post ups. He averaged 1.16 PPP on pick and rolls which is among the best in the league. And that's with Goran freaking Dragic. Now he gets to run it on a team with proper spacing and his P&R partner is LeBron James. Six of Gortat's 9 shots per game come within nine feet. He sports a 54% TS%. I think he's a post presence buddy. He's not taking over a series, but if he's getting open looks in the paint then he's going to capitalize. He can score down there, he's not like Sanders and his 10 points on 9 shots.

If you want to keep Sanders playing goalie, that's fine also. He had 5 fouls in three of the four games against Miami in the playoffs. Guy's talented but still isn't an elite defender because he can't control his fouls. If LeBron has Avery Bradley on him he's going to back him right down and when the double from Sanders comes, Tat will be open under the hoop or a shooter will be wide open. If Parsons is on him then LeBron will get to the rim like he has in the past and dominate the game while getting Sanders in foul trouble. If Parsons had Asik in the paint when he was guarding LeBron this past year and LeBron still ripped him to shreds, what makes you believe that the situation will be any different with Larry Sanders?

Jennings can't play off the ball? You've seen nothing to prove that. His value revolves around his streakiness and ability to get hot. He took over 2 3's per game and shot 37% from deep in spot-up instances. He will be a secondary ball handler on this team. And he doesn't have to run this offense. He gets to focus on scoring which he does best. There's no burden to get his teammates involved, his role is decreased to maximize his strengths. His strengths include scoring off the pick and roll and spotting up from deep. When LeBron is out of the game, he can run the offense for a bit. His game is scoring and that's literally all he has to do. Score and shoot. If he's cold, put the vet in who can guard two positions and shoots 37% from deep.

Jennings is able to stay in front of his man and with the help defense coming from the stacked defensive froncourt, I highly doubt he's going to have an efficient series.

This series is going to be close and late in the game I see absolutely no guys who I'd trust to get me a big bucket on Tampa. AC has the most dominating player in the game for those instances and he has the team to go far.

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 05:10 PM

Klay was a top 30 scorer. Gortat averaged 15-10 with an aging Nash. Taj is arguably the best defensive PF in the game and Jennings is in the perfect situation. But ok.

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 05:15 PM
AC will pretty much get killed on defense and on the boards if they play that small lineup.

Jennings is inconsistent as hell. We'll be glad to give him contested three attempts. I don't care if you have Lebron, if Jennings is the second option...

Yes Taj is a good defender, but Lee is gonna get his regardless. He's done it for years, being efficient and effective. But you're talking about putting Lebron at pf anyways. That pretty much eliminates Taj's effectiveness.

And do you honestly believe Lebron is gonna be that effective when he's gonna have to guard Lee on the other end for the majority of the game? We're gonna make him work all game on the defensive end, no matter if he's at SF or PF.

We have multiple weapons on the floor at all times. Jennings/billups/Klay/Clark/gortat isn't gonna be able to stop that. It doesn't matter who you put on the floor, your defense and rebounding will still be crap. Jennings is a terrible second option for him, which makes Lebron go back to that player that has to do it all by himself. And we know for sure that he isn't gonna beat us by himself.

All a bunch of conjecture and nonsense with nothing backing it up. If you think you can take advantage of a Lee-LeBron mismatch, then hats off to you. Our rebounding will be crap? LeBron is the best rebounding SF in the game while Gortat gets 9 and Taj is a respectable rebounder. Off the bench, Dally gets a ton of boards when he's on the floor as well.

HOW can you say LeBron has to do it all himself when you have ****ing Deron as the only guy who can create for others? I have two ball handlers and my second option is KLAY. Jennings is a 3rd/4th option. Klay freaking averaged 16.6 PPG and shot 41% from deep. He's only gonna get more looks with this supporting cast and showed in the playoffs that he can do more than just shoot the 3 ball.

Sportfan
10-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Larry Sanders on LeBron. Sanders. The man who already averaged 3.3 Fouls per game during the regular season and 4.5 fouls per game against LeBron's team in the postseason? LeBron is gonna blow right past him and if David Lee is waiting for him in the paint? Well, let's just say I like my chances. You're going to let LeBron shoot from the perimeter? Sweet I love my 41% 3 point shooter getting open looks and being guarded by a center. That's absolutely atrocious. Sanders is athletic for a center. To think he'd be fine guarding LeBron James is absolutely foolish.
Since when did basketball become a 1 on 1 game lol. Lebron is obviously going to get pressured and some double teams. I've mentioned before that Parsons or Bradley will handle Lebron from the perimeter and if he gets past them Sanders will be there at the rim.

Lol the fouls argument. Sanders was one of the most improved players from the beginning to end of the season. He averaged 3.7 FPG in the first half of the season. He had 2.7 FPG in the second half of the season in 30+ minutes.

[QUOTE]Have you seen Gortat play? 45% of his possessions come of the pick and roll or on post ups. He averaged 1.16 PPP on pick and rolls which is among the best in the league. And that's with Goran freaking Dragic. Now he gets to run it on a team with proper spacing and his P&R partner is LeBron James. Six of Gortat's 9 shots per game come within nine feet. He sports a 54% TS%. I think he's a post presence buddy. He's not taking over a series, but if he's getting open looks in the paint then he's going to capitalize. He can score down there, he's not like Sanders and his 10 points on 9 shots.
Gortat also has a 37 FG% from 3-9 feet which isn't efficient at all. He's far from dangerous in the post. Gortat was losing his minutes to JERMAINE ****ING O'NEAL last season. He's a decent center but nothing special.
Ok, he has a slightly better offensive game than Sanders. Sanders is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Gortat at everything else.

If you want to keep Sanders playing goalie, that's fine also. He had 5 fouls in three of the four games against Miami in the playoffs. Guy's talented but still isn't an elite defender because he can't control his fouls. If LeBron has Avery Bradley on him he's going to back him right down and when the double from Sanders comes, Tat will be open under the hoop or a shooter will be wide open. If Parsons is on him then LeBron will get to the rim like he has in the past and dominate the game while getting Sanders in foul trouble. If Parsons had Asik in the paint when he was guarding LeBron this past year and LeBron still ripped him to shreds, what makes you believe that the situation will be any different with Larry Sanders?
Once again, the fouls are overstated because of his first couple weeks starting. He's a quick learner.
Yea, let's see Lebron try to get the ball to Gortat with his back to the basket with Avery's pesky on ball pressure which is the best in the league, and Sanders 7'7 wingspan draped over him. Lebron's great, but he isn't God. Lack of post presence will hurt him big time

Also maybe it's because the real life Heat are SIGNIFICANTLY better than your team. I have no Bosh to worry about.

J
Jennings can't play off the ball? You've seen nothing to prove that. His value revolves around his streakiness and ability to get hot. He took over 2 3's per game and shot 37% from deep in spot-up instances. He will be a secondary ball handler on this team. And he doesn't have to run this offense. He gets to focus on scoring which he does best. There's no burden to get his teammates involved, his role is decreased to maximize his strengths. His strengths include scoring off the pick and roll and spotting up from deep. When LeBron is out of the game, he can run the offense for a bit. His game is scoring and that's literally all he has to do. Score and shoot. If he's cold, put the vet in who can guard two positions and shoots 37% from deep.

Yes i have lol. They tried playing him off the ball with Monta and it didn't work.

You don't seem to realize that he isn't a good scorere though, he's trigger happy and he's just going to take shots from your more efficient players. Giving him less shots isn't exactly going to make him better.

Score and shoot? Yup that's all he can do because Deron with his size and scoring ability is going to physically abuse him with lube.

Jennings is able to stay in front of his man and with the help defense coming from the stacked defensive froncourt, I highly doubt he's going to have an efficient series.
stacked? If you wanna use numbers, David Lee has a .81 defensive PPP. He's ranked 9th in P&R man with a .6 PPP. He has a.82 PPP against spot up shooting which is ranked in the top 40. He's ranked 11th defending against screens. So yea I guess our defense is STACKED TOO

This series is going to be close and late in the game I see absolutely no guys who I'd trust to get me a big bucket on Tampa. AC has the most dominating player in the game for those instances and he has the team to go far.
I have 3 of the best 4 scorers in this matchup bro.

Also let's not forget rebounding. Gibson and Gortat combine for 18 RPG per 36 minut es and RPG% of 14. Lee and Sanders average 24 RPG and have a rebounding % of 18. 2nd chance opportunities will be huge in this series.

Sportfan
10-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Klay was a top 30 scorer. Gortat averaged 15-10 with an aging Nash. Taj is arguably the best defensive PF in the game and Jennings is in the perfect situation. But ok.

Anything you now say is automatically invalid

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Since when did basketball become a 1 on 1 game lol. Lebron is obviously going to get pressured and some double teams. I've mentioned before that Parsons or Bradley will handle Lebron from the perimeter and if he gets past them Sanders will be there at the rim.

Lol the fouls argument. Sanders was one of the most improved players from the beginning to end of the season. He averaged 3.7 FPG in the first half of the season. He had 2.7 FPG in the second half of the season in 30+ minutes.

You said you'd put Sanders on LeBron if we go small. If that happens LeBron is going to either take him right to the hole blowing past him with David Lee waiting for him, or have a huge cushion to feast on jumpers.

Sanders improved so much that he was in foul trouble in three of the four games when he faced LeBron's Miami squad in the playoffs. Yeah he learns real fast.

Gortat also has a 37 FG% from 3-9 feet which isn't efficient at all. He's far from dangerous in the post. Gortat was losing his minutes to JERMAINE ****ING O'NEAL last season. He's a decent center but nothing special.
Ok, he has a slightly better offensive game than Sanders. Sanders is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Gortat at everything else.

He's also not inept like you're making it seem. He can score in the post and when you leave him open because Sanders has to play help defense the entire game while LeBron waltzes into the paint, he'll punish you. You ignored the fact that he's adept at posting up and P&R's as well, but yeah he's definitely a poor post threat. Keep riding that boat.

Once again, the fouls are overstated because of his first couple weeks starting. He's a quick learner.

Playoffs. 5 fouls in the Games 2-4.

Yea, let's see Lebron try to get the ball to Gortat with his back to the basket with Avery's pesky on ball pressure which is the best in the league, and Sanders 7'7 wingspan draped over him. Lebron's great, but he isn't God. Lack of post presence will hurt him big time

You think that LeBron can't handle Avery Bradley's defense to get the ball to Gortat? Really that's your argument? He has a 15-10 big man who can post up and run the pick and roll. I'll repeat it just like you keep repeating I have no post presence.

Also maybe it's because the real life Heat are SIGNIFICANTLY better than your team. I have no Bosh to worry about.
Wade also wasn't playing and Klay is a bigger threat than Allen is at this point in his career. Taj is also a better player than Haslem.

Yes i have lol. They tried playing him off the ball with Monta and it didn't work.

You don't seem to realize that he isn't a good scorere though, he's trigger happy and he's just going to take shots from your more efficient players. Giving him less shots isn't exactly going to make him better.

Score and shoot? Yup that's all he can do because Deron with his size and scoring ability is going to physically abuse him with lube.
HOW CAN HE TAKE THOSE SHOTS IF HE DOESNT HAVE THE BALL. :laugh2: Comparing playing with LeBron to playing with Monta? Did Monta open up anything for Jennings? That's a joke. Jennings might be trigger happy but he also is the 3rd/4th option here. We'll sit his *** down if he's playing poorly. The Bucks never could. Giving him open shots with better looks will make him better. Much better. He'll get better looks. It's pretty much a point you refuse to acknowledge. He has the talent, it's not even arguable.

Yeah because Deron has destroyed him in the past. Jennings' eyes light up when he sees Deron's fat *** guarding him because Deron can't defend for ****. He's one of the worst spot up shooters in the game and that was evident in their matchups this year when Jennings took a royal crap on him. His scoring ability? Didn't you just argue that basketball isn't a 1 on 1 game like two paragraphs ago? Just ignore the fact that the front court's help defense will be all over him.

stacked? If you wanna use numbers, David Lee has a .81 defensive PPP. He's ranked 9th in P&R man with a .6 PPP. He has a.82 PPP against spot up shooting which is ranked in the top 40. He's ranked 11th defending against screens. So yea I guess our defense is STACKED TOO
David Lee is guarding Taj. Taj is our 5th option. And those stats say nothing about how atrocious Lee is with help defense. Congrats. Point is I have a top defender on one of your best scoring options.

I have 3 of the best 4 scorers in this matchup bro.
Klay with LeBron is more dangerous than Parsons with Deron. "Bro."

Also let's not forget rebounding. Gibson and Gortat combine for 18 RPG per 36 minut es and RPG% of 14. Lee and Sanders average 24 RPG and have a rebounding % of 18. 2nd chance opportunities will be huge in this series.

Cool, just ignore the huge advantage LeBron has on the boards vs. Parsons.

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Anything you now say is automatically invalid

Man to man defense, he's gotta be up there. It's not like I said that Larry Sanders can successfully guard LeBron James or anything.

AI
10-13-2013, 06:56 PM
So basically, LeBron will superhuman a far less talented team into winning a series against an extremely well balanced team? I find that hard to believe, AC's supporting cast is weak, Tampa Bay should win this.

DR_1
10-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't have an agenda here, but you just need to step back and take an objective look to realize that Tampa is easily the better team.

Sportfan
10-13-2013, 08:06 PM
bump swerve

Sportfan
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
gg Atlantic City

roshan3ai
10-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Wait this isn't even over...

AI
10-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I guess next vote decides this.