PDA

View Full Version : NBA Re-Draft Playoffs: Cincinnati (1) vs Tijuana (5)

Sadds The Gr8
10-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

CINCINNATI HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

Cincinnati Depth Chart:

PG: Chris Paul | Luke Ridnour
SG: Bradley Beal | Jason Richardson | Jordan Crawford
SF: Jared Dudley | Evan Turner
PF: Al Horford | Antawn Jamison
C: Jonas Valanciunas | Greg Stiemsma | Ronny Turiaf

Tijuana Depth Chart:

PG: Mike Conley - Pablo Prigioni - Norris Cole
SG: Jamal Crawford - Willie Green
SF: Danny Granger - Chris Copeland - Stephen Jackson
PF: Serge Ibaka - Brandan Wright
C: Brook Lopez - Meyers Leonard

Cincinnati Writeup:

First of all congrats to Tijuana for getting this far. Unfortunately the run will end here.

Offense

Our offense has the recipe for a long run in the playoffs. Chris Paul is star that can close games out and be the leader of this team. We have a true post presence in Al Horford that can be a #1 option and consistent double double guy. Our two wing players in Dudley and Beal add good 3 pt shooting and FG%. Jonas V is still young and raw but has shown that he could be a good young center in the nba with some time. He would only get better with Horford and CP3 on the team. While Tijuana has some solid defensive player in Ibaka and Conley, Lopez and Crawford are not good defensively. Granger is coming off not playing the whole season last year and has a bad knee. He would have problems keeping up with our high powered offense. There is no certain that he would be playing come the second round of the playoffs. The pick and roll with CP3 and Horford will only help Dudley and Beal. Ibaka is really good defensively but will have to give help and that leaves our big men to succeed. CP3 makes all offenses better with his playmaking skills. He does not have to carry this team on his back like he has had to in the past. We have a strong 6th man in Evan Turner and solid bench pieces like Jamison, Ridnour and Stiesma makes our offense have the edge.

Defense

Tijuana has some pretty decent offensive weapons in Lopez and Crawford being their main scorers. Granger is ok but not the same player he used to be with his injuries. Conley has gotten better but CP3 is a really good defender and will make it hard for Conley to do anything. Beal has the height 6'4 and speed to be a problem for Crawford. Dudley could move over to help as wells Dudley is a good wing defender and can stop Granger at this point. Granger with his injury would be more of a jump shooter which plays into our hands. Ibaka is nothing special on offense and has done well because of the talent in OKC. Brook is a talented offensively and will get his points but Horford and Jonas should be able to contain him. Tijuana had some good pieces but our defense is strong enough to put Cinci over the top.

Bench

The two benches do no come close in terms of talent. We have a strong 6th man in Evan Turner and solid pieces in Jamison, Stiesma, and Ridnour. The best bench player they have is Willie Green. With the offensive power we have, the more they would need their bench players. They just don't have anything great.

This would be a really good series between both teams. We think our offensive weapons gives us the edge. The bench and HCA put us over the top

Tijuana sent no writeup.

AI
10-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Tijuana should win in 6 games.

Defense: Defensively, Tijuana matches up extremely well with Cincinnati by having two elite defenders in Conley and Ibaka to throw at CP3 and Horford, Cincinnati's only offensive threats. Beal and Jonas, while oozing with future potential, are inexperienced and currently are not players you can rely on to contribute for the playoffs and Dudley is not a legitimate 3rd option. We feel that we will be able to limit Cinci's only two threats and that there role players will not beat us.

Offensively: Mike Conley led Memphis to a 4-2 series win against the Clippers this year, both he and Marc Gasol were pivotal in that series, and we have a skilled C of our own in Brook Lopez who is a legitimate post presence. Brook is coming off a season in which he put up 19.4 PPG on 52% FG and a 24.7 PER. Jonas Valanciunas won't stop him, even Joakim Noah (and a solid Chicago defense), who's a much better defender couldn't stop him in the playoffs as Brook put up 22.3 PPG on 47% FG%. Now, Jamal Crawford would torch Bradley Beal every single game as he's not really a good defender currently. Same goes with Granger, whose health is assumed in this game, torching Dudley. Those two guys are our 4th/5th options and are capable of producing like #1's on any given night due to favorable matchups on the offensive end. Ibaka will force Horford to stay on him and not be able to help on Brook, because Serge is an extremely good player at moving without the ball and knocking down shots off double teams. He's really efficient, as evidenced by his 13.2 PPG on 57% FG%, .612 TS% and .586 eFG%. So, you help on Brook, Ibaka will make you pay. Now, CP3 might be a good defender, but Conley still posted 17.8 PPG and 8.3 AST during his playoff series vs LAC this year, and that's perfect production out of our PG.

We feel confident that Tijuana should win this series in 6 games.

jeff86
10-12-2013, 12:07 PM
sorry i didnt get more stats in my writeup. I had to write it from my iphone

AI
10-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Bump. Let's get some votes.

TrueFan420
10-12-2013, 06:16 PM
TJ wins this. Very good balance of players. They match up very well against Cincinnati. Don't know how they got the 5 seed. Should have been highger.

PocketKings
10-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Here's why we beat Tijuana:
Chris Paul is simply the best player in this series and he's playing with one of the best 2-way big men in the league. Al Horford has never had a playmaker the caliber CP3 is. Our offense is perfectly constructed around CP3 and Horford to where even good defensive units are going to really have to pick their poison.

Chris Paul can beat you in isolation situations, he's even shown the ability to post up defenders if they are bigger, and he can beat you with his insane ability to make plays for others.

Al Horford has quite the offensive repertoire as well and that is only going to be even more apparent with a guy like CP3 running the show.

We've got floor-spacers in soon-to-be-star Brad Beal and Jared Dudley.

Jonas V isn't a household name yet, but the guy is quite effective.

We've got as solid as a bench as any team that's remaining in this game with the likes of Luke Ridnour, Jason Richardson, Evan Turner, Antawn Jamison, and Greg Stiemsma.

Defensively this team is anchored by CP3 and Horford as well. We may not be the flashiest team out there, but this team has no weaknesses. We've got the best 1-2 punch in this game.

Defensively where are we weak at? Exactly you cannot expose this team.

We should win this series in 5 games to be honest.

Are you really going to trust Brook Lopez to take over a series? Or Danny Granger for that matter? Mike Conley is a very good young point-guard but he's facing the best point-guard in the league and this isn't a good match-up for them.

We simply will out-execute this team, out-work this team, and just come out the victor. Period.

Matter.
10-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Here's why we beat Tijuana:
Chris Paul is simply the best player in this series and he's playing with one of the best 2-way big men in the league. Al Horford has never had a playmaker the caliber CP3 is. Our offense is perfectly constructed around CP3 and Horford to where even good defensive units are going to really have to pick their poison.

Chris Paul can beat you in isolation situations, he's even shown the ability to post up defenders if they are bigger, and he can beat you with his insane ability to make plays for others.

Al Horford has quite the offensive repertoire as well and that is only going to be even more apparent with a guy like CP3 running the show.

We've got as solid as a bench as any team that's remaining in this game with the likes of Luke Ridnour, Jason Richardson, Evan Turner, Antawn Jamison, and Greg Stiemsma.

Defensively this team is anchored by CP3 and Horford as well. We may not be the flashiest team out there, but this team has no weaknesses. We've got the best 1-2 punch in this game.

Defensively where are we weak at? Exactly you cannot expose this team.

We should win this series in 5 games to be honest.

Are you really going to trust Brook Lopez to take over a series? Or Danny Granger for that matter? Mike Conley is a very good young point-guard but he's facing the best point-guard in the league and this isn't a good match-up for them.

We simply will out-execute this team, out-work this team, and just come out the victor. Period.

good luck ;) :D

Shammyguy3
10-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I think Cincinatti wins this series in a back and forth 7-games. I've had them pegged as the best team in this conference for weeks now and while Tijuana matches up perfectly against them, i just like Cincinnati a smidge more

Raps08-09 Champ
10-12-2013, 10:56 PM
How is Tijuana winning.

The_Jamal
10-12-2013, 11:26 PM
CP3 factor not getting enough credit.

TrueFan420
10-12-2013, 11:39 PM
CP3 factor not getting enough credit.

CP3 is fantastic and horford is a great 1 2 punch but the rest of their starters are role players/or banking on potential. TJ has a much better balance and have players that match up well to Cincinnati's best players.

AI
10-13-2013, 01:31 AM

Tijuana matches up perfectly with you. Not only do they have a balanced attack and favorable matchups at SG/SF/C, but they have two elite defenders in Conley and Ibaka that matchup with your two key offensive players.

You want to run ISO's for CP3?

Perfect. Per Synergy, Mike Conley held opposing players to 0.66 ppp on 31.6 FG% and 18.8% 3FG% on ISO's.

You want to run P&R with CP3 and Horford?

Serge Ibaka held opposing ball handlers who ran the P&R to 0.75 ppp on 22.2 FG%.

You want to ISO Horford? Ibaka held opposing players to 0.7 ppp on 30.1 FG% in Isolations.

No matter what you throw at us offensively, we have two premium defenders at your only positions of strength offensively.

Tijuana also has floor spacers and a clear advantage at the 2-3 positions. Not to mention, that Granger has proven that he is a capable scorer in this league and on this team he's a 3rd-5th option. Same goes for Crawford.

You've got role players who have "future potential" in Beal and Jonas, but they are unproven and won't have any impact at all in this series. Even Joakim Noah, who's an elite defender and had a solid defensive supporting cast in Chicago, couldn't stop Brook in the playoffs. Brook in the playoffs this year went for 22.3 PPG on 47% FG%.

In the end, Tijuana has an extremely balanced attack offensively and defensively they have premium defenders at key positions in this series. This is a bad matchup for Cincinnati, and Tijuana should pull off an upset in no less than 6 games.

KnicksorBust
10-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Tijuana. They have almost the perfect PG to defend CP3 and one of the best PFs to defend Horford. Then they still have Brook Lopez to dominate in the post and good shooters on the wings for spacing. I think they barely survive but pull off the upset here.

bloomis1307
10-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Tijuana. They have almost the perfect PG to defend CP3 and one of the best PFs to defend Horford. Then they still have Brook Lopez to dominate in the post and good shooters on the wings for spacing. I think they barely survive but pull off the upset here.

This

THE MTL
10-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Tijuana for sure. You underrate Brook Lopez defensively, while he isnt known for defense he is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a liability on that end. Tijuana's team has far more balance while Cinnaniti is banking on CP3 and Horford and especially on CP3 for everything.

Conley-Allen-Randolph-Gasol beat CP3-Blake-Crawford-Jordan, you simply replaced Blake with Horford, got worse with Beal at SG and Jonas at center. While Tijuana has Conley, replaced M.Gasol with Lopez (better offense) and Randolph with Ibaka (better defense), so essentially Tijuana has kept that Memphis formula that has beaten CP3 in the past.

And this isnt even including Granger who can still provide supplemental scoring and he decent defense if you consider his injury. But if Granger did come back to form and resembles guess who? Rudy Gay...once again we see that Memphis formula.

Sadds The Gr8
10-13-2013, 12:58 PM
bump

PatsSoxKnicks
10-13-2013, 02:25 PM
This is really close but went with Cincy here. I think they have some really good role players around CP3-Horford, which ultimately are the 2 best players in this series (though I think Brook could be argued as better than Horford). But really, the CP3 factor is huge and having someone like Horford to pair with him is huge. And while I'm a huge Granger fan, from what I've heard about his medical issues, there are legitimate concerns if he ever returns to form.

With that said, I'm going to give Brook his credit on defense. The guy led the league in the % of shots he contests and Ibaka was close behind.

DR_1
10-13-2013, 04:58 PM
How is Tijuana winning.

Because they are better

Sadds The Gr8
10-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Tijuana advances.

TrueFan420
10-14-2013, 12:31 AM
This is really close but went with Cincy here. I think they have some really good role players around CP3-Horford, which ultimately are the 2 best players in this series (though I think Brook could be argued as better than Horford). But really, the CP3 factor is huge and having someone like Horford to pair with him is huge. And while I'm a huge Granger fan, from what I've heard about his medical issues, there are legitimate concerns if he ever returns to form.

With that said, I'm going to give Brook his credit on defense. The guy led the league in the % of shots he contests and Ibaka was close behind.

How huge?

mightybosstone
10-14-2013, 12:49 PM
This is a bad matchup for Cincinatti, as Tijuana has an ideal defensive tandem to deal with their awesome duo and just more overall offensive talent. Personally, I was really surprised that Cincinatti got the No. 1 seed to begin with considering the youth and inexperience in their starting five. I don't even think they were a better basketball team than us or that they should have won that macthup so easily.