PDA

View Full Version : Does Chauncey Billups start over Kentavious Caldwell-Pope?

dmatulis
10-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Chauncey starting over Kentavious in the preseason seems kind of crazy to me. I mean yes he does have more experience, but he also is out of his prime.

Heediot
10-11-2013, 11:28 AM
He looked terrible coming back from the Achilles injury last season.

Have to wait and see if injury and age have really caught up to him, or if last year's play was flukey.

Gators123
10-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Chauncey starting over Kentavious in the preseason seems kind of crazy to me I mean yes he does have more experience, but he also is out of his prime.

He started the 1st preseason game, Singler started the 2nd one, KCP might start next game. Cheeks is just trying out different lineups...

KCP could end up starting in the regular season.

mjt20mik
10-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Two ways to go. If they want to develop the kid, then it doesn't make sense. If they want to make the playoffs (and yeah its a possibility), then his on court demeanor will help guys like Jennings and Smith.

MonroeFAN
10-11-2013, 11:48 AM
^ a distinct possibility... most likely the best bet in all of sports right now.

Stinkyoutsider
10-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm sure at his age, Billups wouldn't mind not starting if he got the playing time during the most important times in the game.

Billips is a good mentor so I'm sure he's helping Caldwell-Pope along and will get him ready to start. Billips knows his time to star was in the past...

GunFactor187
10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Before his injury it was assumed that Stuckey would be the starting SG, KCP has a much better chance now to start.

Tyler3445
10-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I think Kentavious Caldwell-Pope will start over Chauncey, Chauncey is getting up there in years and KCP is good enough to start. I personally think that right now KCP will make a bigger impact than Chauncey will off the bat but, you don't always want to start a rookie because of lack of experience and the big change in game speed. So I'd definitely start KCP over Chauncey.