PDA

View Full Version : Perkins charged with assault after punching man and women in vehicle altercation

spreadeagle
10-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Kendrick Perkins was not at the Thunder’s practice facility Thursday as he was dealing with an assault charge from an incident over the summer in Houston, reports Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.

This is a recently filed misdemeanor charge.

Perkins, who is accused of punching a woman and her brother, posted a $1,000 bond Thursday morning…

“We were made aware of the allegations,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti in a statement. “It is something we take seriously and are gathering more information. We will have no further comment at this time.”

According to KHOU.com, which cites court documents, the incident happened outside of Nox nightclub. The case was initially dismissed, but Perkins and his brother-in-law, Quincy Alpough, were both charged when it was re-filed.

If you read the entire report, it sounds like the car with Perkins and friends collided with another car of people leaving the club, and rather than a polite exchange of insurance information there was a fight with both men and women involved.

This is not going to help the public reputation of Perkins, who is already not exactly a fan favorite of anyone in Oklahoma City not named Scott Brooks. A lot of Thunder fans wanted Perkins amnestied after a terrible playoffs last season (he had a PER of -0.6). While Perkins brings a real scowl to the game his role is to defend traditional centers, and there are fewer of those in the league now. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/thunders-kendrick-perkins-faces-assault-charge-in-houston/

Mallarkey
10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
That guy needs to somehow find happiness in his life.

Chronz
10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
most offense he’s shown in years.
lmfao

UPRock
10-10-2013, 10:10 PM
This guy needs Jesus in his heart.

Dade County
10-10-2013, 10:25 PM
This is the excuse that OKC needed to send him to amnesty vill.

Stunner
10-10-2013, 10:41 PM
OKC needs to work on a three way deal to drop Perkins off to some other team and finally get an offensive PF and move Ibaka to the 5

Mr_Amaziing
10-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Yes!
Now get rid of that scrub..I'll rather have Thabeet starting than Perkins

broncosfan4eva
10-10-2013, 10:48 PM

would make sense if the amnesty period wasn't closed

MrfadeawayJB
10-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes!
Now get rid of that scrub..I'll rather have Thabeet starting than Perkins

:no:

You can't be serious. If so it shows how far perk fell off cause thabust is trash

aman_13
10-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Perk has fell of since leaving Boston, maybe time for a change in scenery both on and off the court.

Sadds The Gr8
10-11-2013, 01:53 AM
lmfao

loooooool

Clippersfan86
10-11-2013, 02:16 AM

tredigs
10-11-2013, 02:40 AM
The amnesty period was from July 11-17. It's done. Even if they wanted to use this as an excuse, they're stuck with him on the books for another year.

sunsfan88
10-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Harden is laughing reading this in Houston.

Jesse2272
10-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Dude looks like a Triceratops :laugh2:

Mr_Amaziing
10-11-2013, 10:26 AM
:no:

You can't be serious. If so it shows how far perk fell off cause thabust is trash

I'm really serious, I hated Perkins since the first day he step in a Okc uniform. The guy is garbage and we shouldn't have traded for him

Stunner
10-11-2013, 11:00 AM
I think he gets traded this year

Tmath
10-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Doubt it, who's going to trade for him?

canzano55
10-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Doubt it, who's going to trade for him?We could.

Landry Fields + Amir Johnson for Perkins and Sefolosha's expiring.

mjt20mik
10-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Amnesty baby!

Mr_Amaziing
10-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I would love if Memphis took Perkins and a 1st rounder for J Franklin. I wanted Okc to draft him but they took a pass on him and draft a foreign guy.. Wtf

MrfadeawayJB
10-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm really serious, I hated Perkins since the first day he step in a Okc uniform. The guy is garbage and we shouldn't have traded for him

I always knew he wasnt the defensive player people made him out to be. KG helps a ton with that. Watch Lopez look like Tyson Chandler this season with KG next to him lol

I would love if Memphis took Perkins and a 1st rounder for J Franklin. I wanted Okc to draft him but they took a pass on him and draft a foreign guy.. Wtf

Dont see that as a possibility at all. Yes, Franklin may ride the pines some this season, but so would Perkins. He would be behind Gasol and Koufas. The first rounder wold not be a sweet enough pick since its likely to go in the late twenties

Agar81
10-11-2013, 02:10 PM
He thinks he's in GTA apparently.

mjt20mik
10-11-2013, 02:35 PM
He thinks he's in GTA apparently.

selfie lol

Mr_Amaziing
10-11-2013, 03:32 PM
I always knew he wasnt the defensive player people made him out to be. KG helps a ton with that. Watch Lopez look like Tyson Chandler this season with KG next to him lol

**Kg makes any big guy better, That's why people thought Perkins was good in Boston Bcuz he was a big guy acting tough

Dont see that as a possibility at all. Yes, Franklin may ride the pines some this season, but so would Perkins. He would be behind Gasol and Koufas. The first rounder wold not be a sweet enough pick since its likely to go in the late twenties

**Ino, I doubt it would happen too. But we also have the Maverick's 1st rounder too

FlashBolt
10-11-2013, 03:37 PM
I honestly think we can blame him for ruining our championship contentions for these years. We could've made a serious run for Howard instead of Ibaka and Perks ridiculous contract. I force myself to not break the TV every time Perk tries and electrify the crowd after a meaningless play. I know he was an intricate part of the Celtics, but he's just someone we need to put on a jersey at this point.

bagwell368
10-11-2013, 03:39 PM

I'll give you Lee, Faverani (quite nice looking so far), and Celts choice of any 1st we own in '14, '15, or '16, and a '14 2nd (could be close to a 1st rounder) for Perk and a #1 pick in '17 (no lotto protection) and a 1st in '19 (lotto bottom 6 protected) .

The Celts will be worse this year since Faverani is the best C they have (meaning better Celts #1 pick) and by '17 after a key player or two move on from OKC, it could be a bottom 15 pick. Toss in a serious injury and it could be lotto land. The extra Celts pick the Celts own over the next 3 years - at least one will be 25th pick or worse, so no great loss.

As for Perkins he was junk before the Celts traded him and as glad as I am that he's gone, I'm sorry to have seen OKC's shot blown apart because of it.

Mr_Amaziing
10-11-2013, 05:19 PM
How about Perkins for Jeff Green
=)
Rondo said that the Boston Celtics is his team, and he was really upset that Perkins got traded..And we really miss Green soo its good for both team.

ThuglifeJ
10-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Dallas

bagwell368
10-12-2013, 08:21 AM
How about Perkins for Jeff Green
=)
Rondo said that the Boston Celtics is his team, and he was really upset that Perkins got traded..And we really miss Green soo its good for both team.

Green is getting what? $9M a year? OKC would have to send someone over, but Celts have too many roster guys as it is. Green isn't OKC's answer IMO, although getting rid of Perkins is part of it.

OK. The C's take your worst mid sized contract after Perkins and Perkins and an unconditional 1st in '17, and Green, and some end of the roster cheap body (which you can cut).

BTW I'll never forgive Rondo for his 15 game post Perk whine fest which cost the Celts #1 seed in the East, and a chance to get Green and Krstic more into the offense. Rondo is a dog, and he's no leader as he'll prove in spades this year.

Mr_Amaziing
10-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Green is getting what? $9M a year? OKC would have to send someone over, but Celts have too many roster guys as it is. Green isn't OKC's answer IMO, although getting rid of Perkins is part of it.

OK. The C's take your worst mid sized contract after Perkins and Perkins and an unconditional 1st in '17, and Green, and some end of the roster cheap body (which you can cut).

BTW I'll never forgive Rondo for his 15 game post Perk whine fest which cost the Celts #1 seed in the East, and a chance to get Green and Krstic more into the offense. Rondo is a dog, and he's no leader as he'll prove in spades this year.

I actually think bringing back Jeff Green would be a good thing though. He's what we need to help our second unit. He's a fan favorite here in Okc and we'll always welcome him back with open arms.

Our mid sized contracts are Sefo(expiring contract), Gomes(expiring contract), Collison.
Soo ya'll can pick any of those three.

But my bet would be Perkins, Gomes, Future 1st rounder for Green and any one of your end of the bench guys.

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson / Fisher
Sg- Sefo / Lamb
Sf- Durant / Green / Roberson
Pf- Ibaka / Collison / Jones
C- Adams / Thabeet

Tony_Starks
10-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Nobody is going to trade just to have this certified bum make mean faces and eat up cap space. Theyre stuck.