PDA

View Full Version : Walt Clyde Frazier just said..

Kashmir13579
10-09-2013, 09:07 PM
He has Indiana as the favorites to win it all this season. :speechless:

ChiTownPacerFan
10-09-2013, 09:17 PM
:clap: (I wish I could agree) Top 5 team though for sure.

PacersForLife
10-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't think they are too many people's favorites, but I don't think it was that outlandish to say.

tredigs
10-09-2013, 10:00 PM
They took Miami to 7 and added Scola + Granger along with another year of growth for Hibbert/P George/Stephenson, right? Meanwhile Wade is 1 year farther away from his peak (though he'll still be great so long as he's healthy).

It's not an out of the box statement. Now that Chi's healthy and Miami will have to face off with two legit contenders en route to the Finals, I could see them not making it this year.

asandhu23
10-09-2013, 10:00 PM
There's a rumor out there that the league is planning to have a Warriors - Pacers finals. One of the people in Warriors' forum mentioned it and this rumor is making the rounds on twitter as well.

I am always skeptical of **** like this as a Warriors fan but it is pretty interesting how analysts out there are all hyping Warriors and Pacers up.

JWorthy42
10-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Its not hard to imagine.

tredigs
10-09-2013, 10:02 PM
There's a rumor out there that the league is planning to have a Warriors - Pacers finals. One of the people in Warriors' forum mentioned it and this rumor is making the rounds on twitter as well.

I am always skeptical of **** like this as a Warriors fan but it is pretty interesting how analysts out there are all hyping Warriors and Pacers up.

VERY interesting! I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that those were the two teams that gave Miami/San Antonio the most trouble and both got better in the off-season. Tinfoil >

tredigs
10-09-2013, 10:16 PM
They took Miami to 7 and added Scola + Granger along with another year of growth for Hibbert/P George/Stephenson, right? Meanwhile Wade is 1 year farther away from his peak (though he'll still be great so long as he's healthy).

It's not an out of the box statement. Now that Chi's healthy and Miami will have to face off with two legit contenders en route to the Finals, I could see them not making it this year.
Forgot to add Brooklyn. They could also pose a challenge. I think their biggest obstacle will be how they're coached. That's a lot of fusion to handle and they really only have a 1 (2max) year window with KG/Pierce. And Joe's not getting any better. Now or never imo.

Bruno
10-09-2013, 10:17 PM
as do i.

mightybosstone
10-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't think it's crazy to pick the Pacers as your championship team, but to say they're the "favorites" is kind of insane. The Heat have played in three consecutive titles and have won the championship in back-to-back seasons. And you can play the "Pacers nearly beat them" card all you want, but "almost" and "actually" have two very different meanings.

I do think the Pacers will be a force to be reckoned with in the East, but I also think Paul George is a tad overrated, and Indiana has put too much money into No. 2 type guys like George and Hibbert. That's a team that could get lucky one season, have a freakish run and win a title, but it won't last long and those contracts will eventually be the reason why Indiana likely doesn't win a title with this core. That, and I still think that team needs a legit playmaker at PG. I love George Hill, but the man should not be the primary ballhandler on a championship contender.

Slug3
10-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Back to back champs with the best player and still no respect for Miami.

koreancabbage
10-09-2013, 11:19 PM
they are indeed as good of a team in this league than anyone. they have the depth, coaching, and talent all round. Granger back, Scola - so underrated

and Hibbert. omg this guy was DOGGING it all season long. If he even played like half the player he was in the playoffs during this season I wouldn't even be surprised they take the top spot in the East.

koreancabbage
10-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Back to back champs with the best player and still no respect for Miami.

you still got to see that Indiana has improved a lot as well. nothing against Miami but they have to be looking out behind them because Indiana is helluva team, eastern or western conferences.

J4KOP99
10-09-2013, 11:25 PM
It's really not that ridiculous. I still think the Heat are the favorite but Tredigs explained why Indiana has a legitimate chance to get to the finals this year.

The east will be even tougher this season and Miami had some issues last year in the playoffs.

tredigs
10-09-2013, 11:34 PM
I don't think it's crazy to pick the Pacers as your championship team, but to say they're the "favorites" is kind of insane. The Heat have played in three consecutive titles and have won the championship in back-to-back seasons. And you can play the "Pacers nearly beat them" card all you want, but "almost" and "actually" have two very different meanings.

I do think the Pacers will be a force to be reckoned with in the East, but I also think Paul George is a tad overrated, and Indiana has put too much money into No. 2 type guys like George and Hibbert. That's a team that could get lucky one season, have a freakish run and win a title, but it won't last long and those contracts will eventually be the reason why Indiana likely doesn't win a title with this core. That, and I still think that team needs a legit playmaker at PG. I love George Hill, but the man should not be the primary ballhandler on a championship contender.

Fair point on the semantics of "favorites". But to have them as your pick to come out of the East? Very reasonable, I could easily see that happening. I didn't hear the quote so I don't know if he said "the" or "my" 'favorites'.

As for P George/Hibbert, what choice did they have? There's a very, very small chance they're signing a better wing/center combo. And these are young + defensive monsters. There's a long history of success with players like that in your core.

Munkeysuit
10-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, his just happens to hold a little bit of legitimacy given his history and experience. However, a respectful perspective would say that the Miami Heat are the favored to win it all after just winning it all! THAT makes the most sense...I do not see any logic in choosing a team that "almost" made it and yet still have much to prove with a bolstered roster and injured players coming back...that is just purely disrespectful to the current champs.

mightybosstone
10-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Fair point on the semantics of "favorites". But to have them as your pick to come out of the East? Very reasonable, I could easily see that happening. I didn't hear the quote so I don't know if he said "the" or "my" 'favorites'.

As for P George/Hibbert, what choice did they have? There's a very, very small chance they're signing a better wing/center combo. And these are young + defensive monsters. There's a long history of success with players like that in your core.

Oh, I'm not saying it's the wrong choice. It's the same problem other small markets have had over the years. If you're a small market and you don't have a history of recent championship success, you have to overpay to keep your best players. Especially the young ones. But I also think that's the same reason Indy won't win a title with this core. They're paying No. 2 guys like they're No. 1 guys, and rarely does that lead to championship success.