LAKobeBryant
10-09-2013, 04:15 PM
the person holding the trophy and hosting the media conference next May

PrettyBoyJ
10-09-2013, 04:26 PM
LeBron.. Sleeper pick Tony Parker

jstone0716
10-09-2013, 04:31 PM
My money is on Durant to be honest. He's going to put up like 35+ PPG without Westbrook, and looking like he's becoming a better passer this year. I say he puts up 31/8/6 and another 50/40/90 year. If he does that and if he can carry OKC while Westbrook's gone, I think he will edge out Bron at the end of the season.

kdspurman
10-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm going with Durant as well this year.

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Kobe

Not Joking either. All he has to do is keep the lakers relevant and they will give it to him if his scoring is there. He wont deserve it but they will give it to him.

James should win it every year. The only one who has a shot might be Durant.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 04:53 PM
It's going to be Lebron again. The media has had their mind made up since 2003 that they were going to promote this guy like none other... Even if it means becoming complete hypocrites in the criteria they have set over the years.

In 2001, Shaq was clearly the best player on the best team in the NBA. Of course the media felt that Shaq had too much help playing with Kobe Bryant and penalized him for it by giving the award to Allen Iverson; a lesser player that season clearly who's team didn't perform nearly as well, but "didn't have as much help as Shaq did". Now of course the media doesn't hold Leborn to that same standard, seeing as he plays with Wade, Bosh and five guys who can shoot over 40% from 3. Much more help than Shaq ever had. Now factor in that Lebron is playing in a much weaker conference that Shaq did in 2001 and has a cake regular season schedule in comparison. Of course the media doesn't account for any of that when finding yet another way to justify yet another MVP award for their "Chosen One". Their hypocrisy truly holds no bounds.

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:00 PM
It's going to be Lebron again. The media has had their mind made up since 2003 that they were going to promote this guy like none other... Even if it means becoming complete hypocrites in the criteria they have set over the years.

In 2001, Shaq was clearly the best player on the best team in the NBA. Of course the media felt that Shaq had too much help playing with Kobe Bryant and penalized him for it by giving the award to Allen Iverson; a lesser player that season clearly who's team didn't perform nearly as well, but "didn't have as much help as Shaq did". Now of course the media doesn't hold Leborn to that same standard, seeing as he plays with Wade, Bosh and five guys who can shoot over 40% from 3. Much more help than Shaq ever had. Now factor in that Lebron is playing in a much weaker conference that Shaq did in 2001 and has a cake regular season schedule in comparison. Of course the media doesn't account for any of that when finding yet another way to justify yet another MVP award for their "Chosen One". Their hypocrisy truly holds no bounds.

I will agree with one part. Shaq deserved that MVP but scoring is sexy and is why guys get overrated... Example Kobe... He isn't efficient but scores and they still are on him extremely hard because he can score. James is and has been the MVP for years without much competition.

Scoring is sexy... If you can score you have a shot to make a ton and to win awards and its sad because players mostly just try to score and get lazy at other areas of the game.

jstone0716
10-09-2013, 05:00 PM

In 2001, Shaq was clearly the best player on the best team in the NBA. Of course the media felt that Shaq had too much help playing with Kobe Bryant and penalized him for it by giving the award to Allen Iverson; a lesser player that season clearly, but "didn't have as much help as Shaq did". Not of course the media doesn't hold Leborn to that same standard, seeing as he plays with Wade, Bosh and five guys who can shoot over 40% from 3. Much more help than Shaq ever had. Now factor in that Lebron is playing in a much weaker conference that Shaq did in 2001 and has a cake regular season schedule in comparison. Of course the media doesn't account for any of that when finding yet another way to justify yet another MVP award for their "Chosen One". Their hypocrisy truly holds no bounds.

What's with the lame *** propaganda dude? His team had the best record in the NBA and he had by far the best individual success aside from maybe KD. He's deserved the reward pretty much the past 5-6 season and last season in particular it was a no brainer. Quite spouting whackass NBA conspiracy theories dude, he's the best player in the NBA today thus the 4 MVP's.

Avenged
10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Kobe

Not Joking either. All he has to do is keep the lakers relevant and they will give it to him if his scoring is there. He wont deserve it but they will give it to him.

James should win it every year. The only one who has a shot might be Durant.

I don't get how or why you would think that. It's not like Kobe has the reputation of being handed MVPs. Heck you can make the case that he has even been snubbed in the past.

5ass
10-09-2013, 05:13 PM
What's with the lame *** propaganda dude? His team had the best record in the NBA and he had by far the best individual success aside from maybe KD. He's deserved the reward pretty much the past 5-6 season and last season in particular it was a no brainer. Quite spouting whackass NBA conspiracy theories dude, he's the best player in the NBA today thus the 4 MVP's.

This guy spews the same **** multiple times everyday. I already called him out on those stupid claims, but the hate is too strong in him so he disregards it. Kind of sad actually. He's obsessed with trying to put down Lebron, and it stems from his fanaticism for Kobe.

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I don't get how or why you would think that. It's not like Kobe has the reputation of being handed MVPs. Heck you can make the case that he has even been snubbed in the past.

He doesnt get handed them I agree... This season he went superman and is coming back months in advance. If he can keep the lakers close to a playoff spot they will auto give it to him. Its not a slight on him but the superstar love that goes back to Iverson winning it... Its the perfect recipe for Kobe this year...Crap team/Huge injury/Coming back quicker than expected/He can score.

jstone0716
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM
He doesnt get handed them I agree... This season he went superman and is coming back months in advance. If he can keep the lakers close to a playoff spot they will auto give it to him. Its not a slight on him but the superstar love that goes back to Iverson winning it... Its the perfect recipe for Kobe this year...Crap team/Huge injury/Coming back quicker than expected/He can score.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think Kevin Love has a better chance of winning the MVP this year than Kobe.

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM

I am not saying he ever was handed them. See my above post. Its just the perfect recipe this year. He went superman and is back faster than anyone expected... Something only Kobe could do. If he keeps the lakers relevant its in the bag as long as he scores or is near the top in scoring.

5ass
10-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I am not saying he ever was handed them. See my above post. Its just the perfect recipe this year. He went superman and is back faster than anyone expected... Something only Kobe could do. If he keeps the lakers relevant its in the bag as long as he scores or is near the top in scoring.

I get ur point, but i dont think Kobe has a chance at all. Lebron is just so far ahead of him. So is Durant, Rose and a few others.

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I get ur point, but i dont think Kobe has a chance at all. Lebron is just so far ahead of him. So is Durant, Rose and a few others.

And that is something else that will help him. Lebron/Durant were insane last year and their teams were great. If they do the same without much improvement that will also help the super star case for Kobe. Its hard for Durant/James to be better and their teams to win more than they did. Rose is another one who could win it by default if he plays well but not the best in the league well because of the injury angle. The one slight though is his team was great without him.

Kobe has how bad the lakers were fresh in the media/fans minds... Let him come out scoring and healthy and they some how squeak in to the playoffs. James/Durant would have to avg a trip/dub to keep it away from him

Its not a slight at Kobe people. Just the people that will choose the award.. Like Iverson and the little guy Syndrome.

jstone0716
10-09-2013, 05:22 PM
And that is something else that will help him. Lebron/Durant were insane last year and their teams were great. If they do the same without much improvement that will also help the super star case for Kobe. Its hard for Durant/James to be better and their teams to win more than they did. Rose is another one who could win it by default if he plays well but not the best in the league well because of the injury angle. The one slight though is his team was great without him.

Kobe has how bad the lakers were fresh in the media/fans minds... Let him come out scoring and healthy and they some out squeak in to the playoffs. James/Durant would have to avg a trip/dub to keep it away from him

You're out of your mind lol

kingsdelez24
10-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Two words

DeMarcus. Cousins.

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:24 PM
You're out of your mind lol

Lol I am a dick and will bump this thread come next year if I am right.

beasted86
10-09-2013, 05:25 PM
My money is on Durant to be honest. He's going to put up like 35+ PPG without Westbrook, and looking like he's becoming a better passer this year. I say he puts up 31/8/6 and another 50/40/90 year. If he does that and if he can carry OKC while Westbrook's gone, I think he will edge out Bron at the end of the season.

If he puts up 31/8/6 on 50/40/90, then regardless of his team's record (as long as they are a playoff team), then he would for sure get MVP. But I just don't see him doing any of that. OKC just doesn't have the shooters to spread the floor, nor does Durant attack the basket enough to put up 35+ for the first couple months.

It's just too easy to double team Durant and bait Ibaka/Sefalosha/Lamb/Collison/etc. into outside jumpers they probably won't hit.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 05:27 PM
I will agree with one part. Shaq deserved that MVP but scoring is sexy and is why guys get overrated... Example Kobe... He isn't efficient but scores and they still are on him extremely hard because he can score. James is and has been the MVP for years without much competition.

Scoring is sexy... If you can score you have a shot to make a ton and to win awards and its sad because players mostly just try to score and get lazy at other areas of the game.

If that were true, Kobe would have more than just one MVP. The media clearly has shown no favoritism to Kobe over the years as many feel he should have more than just one MVP the same way they feel Shaq should have had more than one MVP. If the media really felt scoring is sexy the way you claim, then they would have given it to T-Mac in 2003 who lead the league not only in scoring, but in PER as well. Instead, they have the award to Duncan... A player who has a far less "sexy" style of play.

Iverson clearly did not deserve the award over Shaq in 2001. Shaq averaged 29, 13, and 4 on 57% from the field, While Iverson averaged 31, 4, and 5 on 42% from the field. Hardly a differential in scoring to justify your little theory and when you factor in the gigantic disparity in their field goal efficiency, your theory is completely blown out the window. Now factor in that Shaq's team performed far better in a much more difficult conference and you will see just what a robbery this was. Of course, the main reasons the media gave for snubbing Shaq this badly were that his team was to stacked and he played with Kobe Bryant. Of course these things never seem to bother them when they find new ways to crown their "King" even though he currently has more help than Shaq ever did and plays in a far weaker conference. This has nothing to do with scoring and everything to do with favoritism.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 05:29 PM

I can pretty much guarantee you that even if Kobe came back and performed how he did in 2006 and the Lakers made a top 4 seed, they would still give it too Lebron.

jstone0716
10-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Lol I am a dick and will bump this thread come next year if I am right.

Do it man. By all means. You must think everyone is a flaming Lakers/Kobe fan like you lol... not.

James
Durant
Rose
Curry
D-Will
CP3
Harden/D12
Love
Nowitzki
Irving
Wall
Kobe

That's the list buddy. He's got a ways to climb...

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:32 PM
If that were true, Kobe would have more than just one MVP. The media clearly has shown no favoritism to Kobe over the years as many feel he should have more than just one MVP the same way they feel Shaq should have had more than one MVP. If the media really felt scoring is sexy the way you claim, then they would have given it to T-Mac in 2003 who lead the league not only in scoring, but in PER as well. They have the award to Duncan... A player who has a far less "sexy" style of play.

Iverson clearly did not deserve the award over Shaq in 2001. Shaq averaged 29, 13, and 4 on 57% from the field, While Iverson averaged 31, 4, and 5 on 42% from the field. Hardly a differential in scoring to justify your little theory and when you factor in the gigantic disparity in their field goal efficiency, your theory is completely blown out the window. Now factor in that Shaq's team performed far better in a much more difficult conference and you will see just what a robbery this was. Of course, the main reasons the media gave for snubbing Shaq this badly were that his team was to stacked and he played with Kobe Bryant. Of course these things never seem to bother them when they find new ways to crown their "King" even though he currently has more help than Shaq ever did and plays in a far weaker conference. This has nothing to do with scoring and everything to do with favoritism.

You dont have to sell me on the robbery that was Shaq. Hell you could make an argument for at least 4 guys over iverson that year and that is my point. Little guy syndrome... Kobe is the underdog right now. He is coming off of an Injury that people expected him to miss most of the year with. He is coming out of a horrid situation on a really bad team... Look at how he got put on everyone's shoulders to end the season when trying to will his team into the playoffs.

I fully expect Kobe to come out with a Chip on his shoulder and score like there is no tomorrow. I am honestly not taking anything away from Kobe... I just think that he has the perfect recipe to take the MVP this year if he scores

Lakers nightmare situation last year
Top Media Market
Superman returning from Injury insanely quick
Bad team

That gets him the MVP if he keeps the Lakers relevant.

DR_1
10-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Do it man. By all means. You must think everyone is a flaming Lakers/Kobe fan like you lol... not.

James
Durant
Rose
Curry
D-Will
CP3
Harden/D12
Love
Nowitzki
Irving
Wall
Kobe

Wall ahead of Kobe? :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:34 PM

James
Durant
Rose
Curry
D-Will
CP3
Harden/D12
Love
Nowitzki
Irving
Wall
Kobe

Lol I dont like Kobe... I am just looking at the situation. I thought Melo would win the mvp last year and for a good portion of the year I thought I had that in the bag.

jstone0716
10-09-2013, 05:34 PM
If he puts up 31/8/6 on 50/40/90, then regardless of his team's record (as long as they are a playoff team), then he would for sure get MVP. But I just don't see him doing any of that. OKC just doesn't have the shooters to spread the floor, nor does Durant attack the basket enough to put up 35+ for the first couple months.

It's just too easy to double team Durant and bait Ibaka/Sefalosha/Lamb/Collison/etc. into outside jumpers they probably won't hit.

Really? Because he put up 28/8/5 and 50/40/90 last season. It's not like my numbers are that far fetched. He's already put up 30 a few seasons back, it's not like losing Westbrooks going to make him LOSE looks. OKC's got to makeup for those 24 PPG somehow. I'm sure KD will grab 6-7 of them.

More-Than-Most
10-09-2013, 05:35 PM

James
Durant
Rose
Curry
D-Will
CP3
Harden/D12
Love
Nowitzki
Irving
Wall
Kobe

Talk about overrated. They have the tools but what have they proven really?

Yanks All Day
10-09-2013, 05:41 PM
I think people are giving Durant way too much credit in saying he will put up these ridiculous numbers without Westbrook. RW cleared up a ton of space for KD to do his thing. There's probably more of a chance that teams double up on Durant and force his role players to hit shots without Westbrook. Ibaka, Sefalosha, etc are way too inconsistent to average 6-7 assists per game. If they'r not consistently hitting their shots and Durant is being heavily guarded, chances are that will result in a higher volume of more difficult shots for KD to take. He's clearly the 2nd best player in the NBA, but I'm not sure I'd put him in that LeBron "I can carry a team of nobodies without a 2nd option" status yet. He has to prove it. I think the loss of Westbrook for a while will have a rougher impact on KD than people are considering. He can do it, sure, and if he does he will deserve the MVP, but the smart money would be on the opposite happening.

The award is LeBron's to lose every year for the next 3-4 years. He's easily the best player in the league, on the best team, in his prime. Going to be very hard to unseat him. Voter fatigue is a myth that people who don't have votes and want their player to win use as an excuse for not picking the obvious choice. It would take a historic season from KD without Westbrook to win it. Derrick Rose also has a chance coming off injury, but he'll have to put up insane numbers and Chicago will probably have to be the 1 seed to do so. I'd bet LeBron wins his 5th in 6 years.

J4KOP99
10-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Lebrons to lose. Durant as #2 and cp3 as #3

beasted86
10-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Really? Because he put up 28/8/5 and 50/40/90 last season. It's not like my numbers are that far fetched. He's already put up 30 a few seasons back, it's not like losing Westbrooks going to make him LOSE looks. OKC's got to makeup for those 24 PPG somehow. I'm sure KD will grab 6-7 of them.

He is clearly a better player now, than before, but even when he put up 30 per game he wasn't at 50/40, and wasn't contributing in passing and rebounding at your predicted rate, and that was with Westbrook, Green and Harden taking pressure off. I just don't see defenses letting him get to the line enough or get high percentage looks at that rate with Westbrook out and no legit 6th man. I see a lot of promise in Reggie Jackson, but still not enough other scoring/shooting threats to give Durant room to operate.

archdevil84
10-09-2013, 05:47 PM
1 lebron
2 durant
3 melo
4 CP3
5 parker
6 love
7 dwight
8 rose
9 kobe
10 WADE!!!!!!!!!!

archdevil84
10-09-2013, 05:48 PM
maybe switch Drose and Klove but i'm not sure

tredigs
10-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I think people are giving Durant way too much credit in saying he will put up these ridiculous numbers without Westbrook. RW cleared up a ton of space for KD to do his thing. There's probably more of a chance that teams double up on Durant and force his role players to hit shots without Westbrook. Ibaka, Sefalosha, etc are way too inconsistent to average 6-7 assists per game. If they'r not consistently hitting their shots and Durant is being heavily guarded, chances are that will result in a higher volume of more difficult shots for KD to take. He's clearly the 2nd best player in the NBA, but I'm not sure I'd put him in that LeBron "I can carry a team of nobodies without a 2nd option" status yet. He has to prove it. I think the loss of Westbrook for a while will have a rougher impact on KD than people are considering. He can do it, sure, and if he does he will deserve the MVP, but the smart money would be on the opposite happening.

The award is LeBron's to lose every year for the next 3-4 years. He's easily the best player in the league, on the best team, in his prime. Going to be very hard to unseat him. Voter fatigue is a myth that people who don't have votes and want their player to win use as an excuse for not picking the obvious choice. It would take a historic season from KD without Westbrook to win it. Derrick Rose also has a chance coming off injury, but he'll have to put up insane numbers and Chicago will probably have to be the 1 seed to do so. I'd bet LeBron wins his 5th in 6 years.
Well, he did average 6 apg in the playoffs without them hitting shots. I'd say 5 apg during Westbrook's absence is the absolute minimum he would average, and that's a tough sell given he averaged 4.6 alongside him last year.

Lebron could certainly lose the award even if he stays 100% all year. Going in the All Star break it was a toss up, but both he and the Heat went nuts. Could happen again, but I'm taking the field.

Minimal
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I say 60% LeBron 25% Durant 15% CP3

amos1er
10-09-2013, 05:57 PM
What are the vegas odds?

I remember hearing them a few months back and I think it had Lebron at one, Durant at 2, CP3 at 3, and Rose at 4. Can't remember the rest though.

We all might be sleeping on Steph Curry though.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh, here they are... http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/regular-season-mvp

Wow, they actually have Rose ahead of CP3. Guess vegas factors in the NBA media's bias as well. Lol... Very smart.

koreancabbage
10-09-2013, 06:10 PM
i have Durant. its going to be his best season yet. i think he'll shoot a poorer percentage but all his stats will go up.

TheIlladelph16
10-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Lebron's to lose at this point. Durant, CP3, Rose all have a good shot as well.

I'm curious to see how Durant performs without Westbrook. I can see his stats going up in terms of scoring volume, but I can also see teams doubling up on him for a large part of the game which could hurt him over the course of the season.

I can also see Kobe getting a little love if he comes back from injury from the get-go and performs a little better than last season. Very unlikely, but possible.

sammyvine
10-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Lebron won't win it unless the miami have a huge season, better than last season as..he will suffer from what jordan did in that they want a new winner...

I would like to see Rose, Durant or even CP3 win it this season personally

Hawkeye15
10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
If that were true, Kobe would have more than just one MVP. The media clearly has shown no favoritism to Kobe over the years as many feel he should have more than just one MVP the same way they feel Shaq should have had more than one MVP. If the media really felt scoring is sexy the way you claim, then they would have given it to T-Mac in 2003 who lead the league not only in scoring, but in PER as well. Instead, they have the award to Duncan... A player who has a far less "sexy" style of play.

Shaq should for sure have more MVP's. Kobe? Not sure dude, and we have gone over this.

The "King" has been on the best teams, while ******** on the league statistically. Pretty simple.

Honestly, it's sad how the extreme kobephiles have now gone into pack mode to try and put down the current player that is sailing by their guy. It really is sad.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Lebron won't win it unless the miami have a huge season, better than last season as..he will suffer from what jordan did in that they want a new winner...

I would like to see Rose, Durant or even CP3 win it this season personally

well, that is how Rose won. And sure, it could happen again. I don't think it will, LeBron is in the pinnacle of his career, and the media is no longer resentful for the decision.

bucketss
10-09-2013, 07:55 PM

lol funny how your whole profile is now dedicated on hating tmac, why? because someone said something (which was true) that put tmac ahead of kobe.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
lol funny how your whole profile is now dedicated on hating tmac, why? because someone said something (which was true) that put tmac ahead of kobe.

no, his profile is dedicated to hating anything remotely competitive with Kobe.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Shaq should for sure have more MVP's. Kobe? Not sure dude, and we have gone over this.

The "King" has been on the best teams, while ******** on the league statistically. Pretty simple.

Honestly, it's sad how the extreme kobephiles have now gone into pack mode to try and put down the current player that is sailing by their guy. It really is sad.

Yes, but the logic they used to disqualify Shaq in 2001 did not apply to Lebron in 2012 and 2013.

bucketss
10-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes, but the logic they used to disqualify Shaq in 2001 did not apply to Lebron in 2012 and 2013.

you yourself said he deserved the 2013 mvp, idk why you're complaining, lets just say he was one mvp(2012) that he may or may not deserved.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM

so? The NBA got it wrong. We all know this now. At least they are getting it right in LeBron's peak, even if that disgusts you.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 08:19 PM
you yourself said he deserved the 2013 mvp, idk why you're complaining, lets just say he was one mvp(2012) that he may or may not deserved.

Not saying that he didn't deserve it, just saying that they disqualified Shaq because his team was "too good" in 2001 and the same logic didn't apply to Lebron. My issue is with the consistency (or lack there of) when it comes to choosing the criteria for league MVP. The media seems to not nit pick at Lebron as much as they do other players... The best example of that is 2001 Shaq. I would even go as far to say that Lebron deserved the MVP in 2011 more than Rose did... Though the award should have gone do Dwight.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 08:22 PM
so? The NBA got it wrong. We all know this now. At least they are getting it right in LeBron's peak, even if that disgusts you.

It's just funny how they don't nit pick quite as hard in Lebron's case and yes they did get it right this past year. 2012 was questionable... Durant could have easily gotten it and it would have been justifiable... Far more so than Iverson in 2001. Either Durant or Lebron both deserved it in 2012. I just know that when it is borderline like that, the media always seems to swing towards Lebron. You have to admit that the media just loves the guy and that they have never robbed him of his due.

Bruno
10-09-2013, 08:33 PM
the best player a the team with the best record in their conference. mvp is the nbas most political award.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2013, 08:35 PM
It's just funny how they don't nit pick quite as hard in Lebron's case and yes they did get it right this past year. 2012 was questionable... Durant could have easily gotten it and it would have been justifiable... Far more so than Iverson in 2001. Either Durant or Lebron both deserved it in 2012. I just know that when it is borderline like that, the media always seems to swing towards Lebron. You have to admit that the media just loves the guy and that they have never robbed him of his due.

and none of that matters. At least the viable criticism of the award has started to get more consistent over the past 6 years, even if the fix disgusts you.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 08:52 PM
the best player a the team with the best record in their conference. mvp is the nbas most political award.

Yes, it's super political. They seem to change the criteria to best suit their marketing agenda's from year to year. Of course that is just my opinion. The best examples would be Rose in 2011 and Iverson in 2001. Also, if they truly gave the award to the best player on the team with the best record in their conference, then why didn't Durant get it in 2012? The Thunder had the better record than the Heat in a far more difficult conference. Lebron was the better player statistically, but not by a huge margin and that didn't seem to matter when the gave the award to Iverson over Shaq in 2001.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 08:57 PM
and none of that matters. At least the viable criticism of the award has started to get more consistent over the past 6 years, even if the fix disgusts you.

They need to change the voting system to something more fair and objective. They need to have certain criteria and stick to it. That is all anyone can ask. Rose getting it in 2011 was perhaps the worst choice they made in the past 6 years. Clearly the Bulls success was more due to coaching than to his prowess as a player. Howard should have won it that year with Lebron coming in second. Here is a good article on it...

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2011/3/23/2068061/dwight-howard-should-win-mvp-because-weve-been-through-this-before

3RDASYSTEM
10-09-2013, 08:57 PM

IVERSON was runner up year before to SHAQ so I don't see how you can not give it to IVERSON that year in 01' if you really want to place bean as a top 10 alltime player vs top 10 all time d league type players who started on that magical run in SNOW/MCKIE, that's not a knock on SHAQ at all for losing to the guy he labeled a mini version of himself

IVERSON led PHI to 56 wins and he sat out the final 5 games or they could have won as many as 61 games that year, the same win total that SHAQ/bean combined for 56....why are you so sour? I get it that you don't like BRON or IVERSON but don't start talking out your ***

amos1er
10-09-2013, 09:03 PM
IVERSON was runner up year before to SHAQ so I don't see how you can not give it to IVERSON that year in 01' if you really want to place bean as a top 10 alltime player vs top 10 all time d league type players who started on that magical run in SNOW/MCKIE, that's not a knock on SHAQ at all for losing to the guy he labeled a mini version of himself

IVERSON led PHI to 56 wins and he sat out the final 5 games or they could have won as many as 61 games that year, the same win total that SHAQ/bean combined for 56....why are you so sour? I get it that you don't like BRON or IVERSON but don't start talking out your ***

What astounding logic.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 09:04 PM

Thats not it at all. I just feel the need to call it out when someone is being overrated.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2013, 09:05 PM
They need to change the voting system to something more fair and objective. They need to have certain criteria and stick to it. That is all anyone can ask. Rose getting it in 2011 was perhaps the worst choice they made in the past 6 years. Clearly the Bulls success was more due to coaching than to his prowess as a player. Howard should have won it that year with Lebron coming in second. Here is a good article on it...

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2011/3/23/2068061/dwight-howard-should-win-mvp-because-weve-been-through-this-before

I agree the MVP award has been very, very inconsistent over the years. Forever. We will leave it at that.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 09:06 PM
I agree the MVP award has been very, very inconsistent over the years. Forever. We will leave it at that.

Word.

NoahH
10-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Stephen Curry

JWorthy42
10-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Lebron.

No one else.

IKnowHoops
10-09-2013, 10:06 PM
I can pretty much guarantee you that even if Kobe came back and performed how he did in 2006 and the Lakers made a top 4 seed, they would still give it too Lebron.

Kobe would have to out statistic Lebron to win the MVP. He can't thats why he won't.

BirdIsTheWord
10-09-2013, 10:15 PM
LeBron or Durant.

My sleepers are Dwight and Curry.

Bruno
10-09-2013, 10:19 PM

iverson wasn't runner up, he was 7th.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2000.html

iverson got 1 first place vote, more than anyone else besides shaq, but that doesn't mean he finished second in voting

mngopher35
10-09-2013, 10:32 PM
I think Lebron has the best chance to win but I wouldn't say odds are in his favor overall. I hope that Chris Paul wins it, I think that would be cool.

mightybosstone
10-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Until proven otherwise the only smart answer here is Lebron. The man should have had five straight MVPs, and after the postseason performance and the monster game 7 he just had, he should be the answer if he has another dominant regular season and the Heat remain atop the East again. I think Durant, Paul, Rose, Melo and maybe Harden all have outside shots, but the smart money should be on Lebron.

IKnowHoops
10-09-2013, 11:31 PM

Ok so you shouldn't be mad at Lebron for winning the ring, you should be mad at those who didn't give shaq the ring. Since you believe Shaq deserved that MVP, then by that Logic you think Lebron deserves all of his. You can't have it both ways. You can't say Shaq should and Lebron shouldn't. The only logical thing for you to say is that both Shaq and Lebron deserve there MVP's. Shaq just got screwed out of 1-3.

IKnowHoops
10-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Yes, it's super political. They seem to change the criteria to best suit their marketing agenda's from year to year. Of course that is just my opinion. The best examples would be Rose in 2011 and Iverson in 2001. Also, if they truly gave the award to the best player on the team with the best record in their conference, then why didn't Durant get it in 2012? The Thunder had the better record than the Heat in a far more difficult conference. Lebron was the better player statistically, but not by a huge margin and that didn't seem to matter when the gave the award to Iverson over Shaq in 2001.

I'd say the second Nash mvp was worse than any of the above. His team was like a first round exit and they were like a 7-8 seed. Lebron deserved Rose's mvp. People were just swayed by the decision. So Lebron has been screwed too.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 11:40 PM
I'd say the second Nash mvp was worse than any of the above. His team was like a first round exit and they were like a 7-8 seed. Lebron deserved Rose's mvp. People were just swayed by the decision. So Lebron has been screwed too.

It actually should have gone to Dwight with Lebron a close second. Check out this article and see if this doesn't sway your opinion...

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...gh-this-before

amos1er
10-09-2013, 11:44 PM

Nash actually went to the WCF that year he got his second MVP, though I will say that it should have gone to Kobe because he absolutely beasted that year... i.e 81 points 62 in three quarters. Not that a few legendary scoring games should sway the entire award, but he was the first and only player since the Jordan era to average 35 ppg and he took a complete garbage roster to the playoffs. I don't think anyone in the league at that time could have made the playoffs in the west with that roster. Either way, Nash was more justified than Rose and Iverson IMO.

IKnowHoops
10-09-2013, 11:45 PM
It actually should have gone to Dwight with Lebron a close second. Check out this article and see if this doesn't sway your opinion...

Link is busted

NetsPaint
10-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Danny Green.

amos1er
10-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Link is busted

This should work.

Munkeysuit
10-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Lebron will win it again easily this year, mostly because he'll also be DPOY as well.

IKnowHoops
10-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Nash actually went to the WCF that year he got his second MVP, though I will say that it should have gone to Kobe because he absolutely beasted that year... i.e 81 points 62 in three quarters. Not that a few legendary scoring games should sway the entire award, but he was the first and only player since the Jordan era to average 35 ppg and he took a complete garbage roster to the playoffs. I don't think anyone in the league at that time could have made the playoffs in the west with that roster. Either way, Nash was more justified than Rose and Iverson IMO.

whoops my bad.

mightybosstone
10-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Lebron will win it again easily this year, mostly because he'll also be DPOY as well.

I don't think they'll give Lebron both awards. If he wins DPOY, it will be because voters have another MVP candidate whose story they liked better, but they don't want to shaft Lebron and know he deserves some sort of hardware. Also, as much as I respect the man's defense, I don't think he deserves DPOY over the elite defensive bigs like Gasol, Chandler, Noah, Hibbert or Dwight.

IKnowHoops
10-09-2013, 11:58 PM
This should work.

Makes a good argument for Dwight over Drose. But Lebron lead the league in PER and Winshares while Howard was 2nd and 3rd respectively. I know they are not the end all be all but when you lead the league in both, your pretty much Jordan aka, the best in the league so. No, I go Lebron easily.

JordansBulls
10-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I did not realize Westbrook was going to be out for 4-6 weeks. With that in mind, if OKC finishes 1st not sure how Durant doesn't win MVP. BTW, Bulls will finish first in the east.

therealwd27
10-10-2013, 12:07 AM
I did not realize Westbrook was going to be out for 4-6 weeks. With that in mind, if OKC finishes 1st not sure how Durant doesn't win MVP. BTW, Bulls will finish first in the east.

Since your good at predicting can you send over the powerball numbers plz.

therealwd27
10-10-2013, 12:10 AM
it actually should have gone to dwight with lebron a close second. Check out this article and see if this doesn't sway your opinion...

hello dan gilbert is that you?

IKnowHoops
10-10-2013, 12:11 AM
I don't think they'll give Lebron both awards. If he wins DPOY, it will be because voters have another MVP candidate whose story they liked better, but they don't want to shaft Lebron and know he deserves some sort of hardware. Also, as much as I respect the man's defense, I don't think he deserves DPOY over the elite defensive bigs like Gasol, Chandler, Noah, Hibbert or Dwight.

Do you really think those guys impact the game defensively more than Lebron. Lebron is literally doing everything. Shuting down your best player, jumping passing lanes, chasing down point guards, and meeting any and all centers at the rim on rotations. Tiago, Duncan, and Hibbert were all met at the rim by Lebron during the playoffs. I understand bigs protect the rim, but Bron protects the rim when he there, steals the ball from guards when hes there, and effectively defends your best player when hes there. Bron is everywhere on defense. I think he has deserved a couple dopy.

Bishnoff
10-10-2013, 12:14 AM
LeBron
CP3

Shammyguy3
10-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Lebron's the odds on favorite: i'm not convinced the Heat are the best team in the league anymore; Wade's declining and i'm not sure if they'll get similar production out of the rest of their guys + playing against a tougher eastern conference will all favor voters to vote for Lebron once again since he'll surely repeat his production from last season.

Durant's the distant second, with Rose/Parker/Melo being dark-horses