PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the playoffs, out of everyone that missed it last year?

Goose17
10-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Out of all the teams that failed to make it into the post-season, which teams do you think are the most likely to make it this year (if any).

I think Detroit and Toronto are the most likely out East. Cavs are a dark horse depending on how the young guys develop, the chemistry and if Bynum returns to form (or returns at all). But I think they'll finish about 9th.

The West is tougher, there's a lot of improved teams. But for arguments sake I'm going to stick to picking just 2 or 3. I'll go with, Portland, Minnesota or Dallas.

ThuglifeJ
10-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Dallas sneaks in

beasted86
10-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm going to go with the Wizards and Pistons in the East (Bucks + Hawks out).

I think this is the year John Wall stays healthy and his team around him makes a better contribution. The Pistons got upgrades and their young players will improve defensively. They still lack efficient players all around (sans Drummond), and have nobody to consistently hit a 3 ball, which will be their biggest problem..... but their current team is enough. They will sneak in with a losing record.

Cavs won't make the playoffs because their hopes lie on two injury prone players. Bynum might not play until December, and Varejao over the last 3 seasons combined has played 81 games. Without those 2 guys contributing at a high level, no chance whatsoever they make it in. I just don't have the faith that this is the year those 2 get healthy again.

Out West the Mavs have an outside chance, but I'm still going with Lakers at # 8. I would never bet on Portland or the Timberwolves because those teams are cursed and/or run by idiots.

beasted86
10-08-2013, 04:11 PM
BTW, the Raptors should make the playoffs.... but then again, they are the Raptors... see my above ruling on Blazers/Wolves.

Also I have a feeling the new GM will find a way to blow up the team early in an attempt to tank.

Gators123
10-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Pistons, Wizards, Twolves

jstone0716
10-08-2013, 04:23 PM
I think the Mavs and Wolves have the best shot out of any of these teams. Cleveland, Detroit and Washington all have chances to sneak in as well.

Minimal
10-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Raptors & Dallas