PDA

View Full Version : NBA Re-Draft Playoffs: Atlantic City (3) vs Walla Walla (6) - WITH POLL

Sadds The Gr8
10-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Atlantic City Depth Chart:

C: Marcin Gortat | Samuel Dalembert
PF: Taj Gibson | Earl Clark | Hakim Warrick
SF: LeBron James | Terrence Jones | Markieff Morris
SG: Klay Thompson | Marco Belinelli
PG: Brandon Jennings | Chauncey Billups

Walla Walla Depth Chart:

PG: Tony Parker l Brian Roberts
SG: Tony Allen l Brandon Rush l Evan Fournier
SF: Danilo Gallinari l Marvin Williams
PF: Ersan Ilyasova l Kris Humphries
C: Robin Lopez l Zaza Pachulia l Lavoy Allen

AI
10-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Went with Walla Walla because I don't have any faith in Lebron's supporting cast. Klay is basically the #2 option on this team but he'd be matched up against an elite defender in Tony Allen. Tony Parker would dominate this series with Gallo and Ilyasova providing a nice balanced attack. Walla in 6/7 games.

Shammyguy3
10-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Lebron would absolutely derail Walla Walla's interior defense... It would be a one man wrecking crew, and I seriously believe that Lebron can beat Walla Walla on his own. I'll hold my vote until a debate occurs but right now i'm leaning towards Atlantic City because between Lebron, some solid spacing, and Atlantic City's interior defense (which is filthy) slowing down any penetration by Parker... it's gonna take a lot for me to sway my vote.

SugeKnight
10-08-2013, 02:19 AM
Atlantic City is beatable, but Walla Walla isn't the team to do it

DR_1
10-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Walla Walla. I am not that impressed by this LeBron team.

Eagles4Lyfe
10-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Wow I can't fathom how they're winning, makes no sense.

Their supporting cast is absolutely weak and consists of a guy in gortat coming of a down year, a chucker in Jennings who with another chucker last year saw his turnovers rise and a guy in gibson who still hasn't managed to take the starting reigns over Boozer.

Plus our bench is infinitely better. What a joke

Tony Parker was a top 5 player practically last year, Lebron may be the best player but our supporting cast for our top 10 player is better.

We have guys who stretch the floor in Gallo and Ily and someone in Robin Lopez who defensively had a wayy better year defending the paint than Gortat.

People just love voting for names I guess without much thought

roshan3ai
10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Sorry, just been beat up with school, but please add this to the OP:

Congrats to Eagles and company for getting here, but this is literally the worst matchup possible for this team, and here's why:

1. Klay Thompson guarding Tony Parker
Recall the 2012-2013 NBA Western Semifinals? When Klay Thompson was guarding Tony Parker? If not, let me refresh your memory. These are Parker's numbers during that series:

Game 1: 28 Pts | 8 Asts | 8 Rbs | 11-26FGM-FGA | 3 TO
Game 2: 20 Pts | 3 Asts | 6 Rbs | 7-17 FGM-FGA | | 3 TO
Game 3: 32 Pts | 5 Asts | 5 Rbs | 13-23 FGM-FGA | 3 TO
Game 4: 17 Pts | 3 Asts | 4 Rbs | 6-17 FGM-FGA | 1 TO
Game 5: 25 Pts | 10 Asts | 2 Rbs | 9-16 FGM-FGA | 2 TO
Game 6: 13 Pts | 8 Asts | 3-16 FGM-FGA | 3 TO

To sum it up, 4 nights with three turnovers. 4 nights with shooting under 43%, 2 nights with the shooting under 36%. Klay gave Parker trouble, as he did not have an efficient series. He may have had the point totals, but 28 points on 26 shots, 20 points on 17 shots, 17 points on 17 shots, 13 points on 16 shots. Those are not good numbers. Klay has all the tools to guard Walla Walla's best player and make him less efficient. This is when Parker also had one of the best big men in the league in Tim Duncan. Who does he have now in the post to take the load off? He will have to carry an even larger load than he did on his previous team and just doesn't have the help to lead this team when we have a defender on him that makes him less efficient.

Worried about Jennings playing defense on a 2 guard? Well he's guarding the offensively inept Tony Allen. We have the defensive backcourt to guard this team while sporting arguably the best frontcourt defense in this game. The help defense of Taj, LeBron, and Gortat is huge in stopping Parker's penetration.

2. Supporting Cast.
I'm sorry, but this supporting cast is weak for a LeBron team? Let's see. He has a two guard who was a top 30 scorer this year and can shoot from anywhere on the court. Floor spacing 2 guard and second option? Check.

LeBron has never gotten to work with a legitimate post option. You give him Gortat, who ran the pick and roll extremely well with Steve Nash in 2011-2012 and averaged 15-10 on that squad? The stats show he had a down year, but he is a big man that relies heavily on being set up by his teammates. Now he has the best player on the planet setting him up in the post. Gortat didn't magically get worse last year, he lost Steve Nash. Now we pair him with LeBron James and you can expect a strong post option and P&R option for LeBron. Taj and Gortat combine to form an extremely talented defensive big man duo. Taj can D up the other team's best big man and is a great help defender. We are not worried about him starting because LeBron is more than capable of playing the 4 for stretches, as is Earl Clark.

Brandon Jennings? C'mon fellas. He doesn't have a huge burden to carry on this team. He's purely the x-factor. This is the only place he can thrive. With LeBron James. Not the first option. Not the second option. Hell, he sometimes wont' even be the third option. But he can light it up when he is hot and he is a great shooter from deep. With LeBron creating open looks for him and Klay, how can you not like his fit? A streaky scorer in Jennings is a huge asset because that just gives this team more explosiveness on offense. He's a great shooter who can create his own shot. He won't be handling the ball nearly as much, so the bad decisions will be kept to a minimum. He's cold? Fine, we put in veteran Chauncey Billups who can guard both guard spots and shoot the three at a high clip.

3. LeBron James vs. Danilo Gallinari
I'm the biggest Gallinari fan on this site, but this just isn't a good matchup for Walla Walla. Gallo has not help defense down low, so he'll basically be left on an island guarding the best player on the planet. Gallo is a good defender, but just doesn't have the speed or athleticism to keep up with LeBron.

Let's not forget that Walla Walla will have their second option going up against LeBron. Gallo struggled mightily versus LeBron this past year, shooting 29% while LeBron was on the floor and 15% from three. When Gallo is faced with a defender who is strong, athletic, and long, he gets flustered. Gallo's advantage comes with his height and deceptive quickness, but a defender like LeBron completely erases that advantage.

All in all, this team is just too strong on both ends. Rebounding? Gortat is a very good rebounder, Taj can hold his own and LeBron is a phenomenal rebounder. Scoring? Klay proved to be a great second option that can do more than just spot-up shoot, Jennings is a huge threat any given night, Gortat is a legit post option, and LeBron can do anything and everything. Spacing? Klay, Billups, LeBron, Belinelli, Jennings and Earl Clark are all above average shooters. There's no shortage of shooters here. And Defense? This team is just too strong. From help defense to man-to-man defense, this team is second to none. We have 4 plus defenders in our starting lineup alone. All that combined with the fact that LeBron hasn't lost in the first round in .. well ever? This series is over in 5.

roshan3ai
10-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Wow I can't fathom how they're winning, makes no sense.

Their supporting cast is absolutely weak and consists of a guy in gortat coming of a down year, a chucker in Jennings who with another chucker last year saw his turnovers rise and a guy in gibson who still hasn't managed to take the starting reigns over Boozer.

Plus our bench is infinitely better. What a joke

Tony Parker was a top 5 player practically last year, Lebron may be the best player but our supporting cast for our top 10 player is better.

We have guys who stretch the floor in Gallo and Ily and someone in Robin Lopez who defensively had a wayy better year defending the paint than Gortat.

People just love voting for names I guess without much thought

What a joke? No sense? I think that shows that you're a joke. :laugh2: Our bench is infinitely better. Worst starting center duo in this game, a scrub Brian Roberts, Humphries who lost time to Reggie ****in Evans. Brian Roberts is trash. Only average players on there are Rush and Zaza.

Doesn't even compare to Belinelli who started for a Bulls team that made the second round, veteran Chauncey Billups who can still shoot, defend, and be the floor general for 15 minutes of the game. Earl Clark is another guy who started for the Lakers and showed that he could space the floor well and score when on the floor. And Dalembert is arguably the best backup center in the game. So I don't know where this bench is infitely better BS is coming from, but I definitely expected better.

Your supporting cast of the worst post defense in the playoffs and two one dimensional players in the starting 5 is much better than AC's. Yup hit the nail on the head. Defense will collapse on Gallo and Parker. I'm shivering in my boots with the thought of Rolo and Tony Allen beating us on offense!

Killerjug
10-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Synergy Sports reports that Lopez allowed his man to score 0.58 points per pick-and-roll play and 0.73 points per play out of the post. To dig deeper, Lopez allows his man to shoot 30.1 percent from the field off of the dive and 37.2 percent out of the post.

Lopez is so bad defensively :rolleyes:

KnicksorBust
10-08-2013, 08:31 PM
It still irritates me to no end that people aren't doing write ups on time but that's besides the point. I actually agree that for a team with the #1 overall pick Atlantic City has been a bit of a disappointment but Rosh's response in the thread was one of the most succinct and effective write-ups I've read in a long time. I'm significantly more convinced about AC's production in this specific matchup after that post and will vote for them to advance to the next round.

roshan3ai
10-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Synergy Sports reports that Lopez allowed his man to score 0.58 points per pick-and-roll play and 0.73 points per play out of the post. To dig deeper, Lopez allows his man to shoot 30.1 percent from the field off of the dive and 37.2 percent out of the post.

Lopez is so bad defensively :rolleyes:

Also allows opposing centers a PER of 18. Anchored a defense ranked 28th in defensive efficiency while playing next to Anthony Davis.

Killerjug
10-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Also allows opposing centers a PER of 18. Anchored a defense ranked 28th in defensive efficiency while playing next to Anthony Davis.

what does that have to do with his defense? his defensive numbers are solid those numbers are team reflective not solely on Lopez.

Looks like AC will advance so congrats to Rosh and Ebbs, just irritates me when claims like these are made

roshan3ai
10-08-2013, 11:15 PM
what does that have to do with his defense? his defensive numbers are solid those numbers are team reflective not solely on Lopez.

Looks like AC will advance so congrats to Rosh and Ebbs, just irritates me when claims like these are made

If that annoys you, then imagine going up against your co and his stupid *** claims.

The_Jamal
10-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Bron eats this defense up. You need a strong team defense and a good SF defender to beat Bron in my eyes. Walla Walla has none of that.

The_Jamal
10-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Sorry, just been beat up with school, but please add this to the OP:

Congrats to Eagles and company for getting here, but this is literally the worst matchup possible for this team, and here's why:

1. Klay Thompson guarding Tony Parker
Recall the 2012-2013 NBA Western Semifinals? When Klay Thompson was guarding Tony Parker? If not, let me refresh your memory. These are Parker's numbers during that series:

Game 1: 28 Pts | 8 Asts | 8 Rbs | 11-26FGM-FGA | 3 TO
Game 2: 20 Pts | 3 Asts | 6 Rbs | 7-17 FGM-FGA | | 3 TO
Game 3: 32 Pts | 5 Asts | 5 Rbs | 13-23 FGM-FGA | 3 TO
Game 4: 17 Pts | 3 Asts | 4 Rbs | 6-17 FGM-FGA | 1 TO
Game 5: 25 Pts | 10 Asts | 2 Rbs | 9-16 FGM-FGA | 2 TO
Game 6: 13 Pts | 8 Asts | 3-16 FGM-FGA | 3 TO

To sum it up, 4 nights with three turnovers. 4 nights with shooting under 43%, 2 nights with the shooting under 36%. Klay gave Parker trouble, as he did not have an efficient series. He may have had the point totals, but 28 points on 26 shots, 20 points on 17 shots, 17 points on 17 shots, 13 points on 16 shots. Those are not good numbers. Klay has all the tools to guard Walla Walla's best player and make him less efficient. This is when Parker also had one of the best big men in the league in Tim Duncan. Who does he have now in the post to take the load off? He will have to carry an even larger load than he did on his previous team and just doesn't have the help to lead this team when we have a defender on him that makes him less efficient.

Worried about Jennings playing defense on a 2 guard? Well he's guarding the offensively inept Tony Allen. We have the defensive backcourt to guard this team while sporting arguably the best frontcourt defense in this game. The help defense of Taj, LeBron, and Gortat is huge in stopping Parker's penetration.

2. Supporting Cast.
I'm sorry, but this supporting cast is weak for a LeBron team? Let's see. He has a two guard who was a top 30 scorer this year and can shoot from anywhere on the court. Floor spacing 2 guard and second option? Check.

LeBron has never gotten to work with a legitimate post option. You give him Gortat, who ran the pick and roll extremely well with Steve Nash in 2011-2012 and averaged 15-10 on that squad? The stats show he had a down year, but he is a big man that relies heavily on being set up by his teammates. Now he has the best player on the planet setting him up in the post. Gortat didn't magically get worse last year, he lost Steve Nash. Now we pair him with LeBron James and you can expect a strong post option and P&R option for LeBron. Taj and Gortat combine to form an extremely talented defensive big man duo. Taj can D up the other team's best big man and is a great help defender. We are not worried about him starting because LeBron is more than capable of playing the 4 for stretches, as is Earl Clark.

Brandon Jennings? C'mon fellas. He doesn't have a huge burden to carry on this team. He's purely the x-factor. This is the only place he can thrive. With LeBron James. Not the first option. Not the second option. Hell, he sometimes wont' even be the third option. But he can light it up when he is hot and he is a great shooter from deep. With LeBron creating open looks for him and Klay, how can you not like his fit? A streaky scorer in Jennings is a huge asset because that just gives this team more explosiveness on offense. He's a great shooter who can create his own shot. He won't be handling the ball nearly as much, so the bad decisions will be kept to a minimum. He's cold? Fine, we put in veteran Chauncey Billups who can guard both guard spots and shoot the three at a high clip.

3. LeBron James vs. Danilo Gallinari
I'm the biggest Gallinari fan on this site, but this just isn't a good matchup for Walla Walla. Gallo has not help defense down low, so he'll basically be left on an island guarding the best player on the planet. Gallo is a good defender, but just doesn't have the speed or athleticism to keep up with LeBron.

Let's not forget that Walla Walla will have their second option going up against LeBron. Gallo struggled mightily versus LeBron this past year, shooting 29% while LeBron was on the floor and 15% from three. When Gallo is faced with a defender who is strong, athletic, and long, he gets flustered. Gallo's advantage comes with his height and deceptive quickness, but a defender like LeBron completely erases that advantage.

All in all, this team is just too strong on both ends. Rebounding? Gortat is a very good rebounder, Taj can hold his own and LeBron is a phenomenal rebounder. Scoring? Klay proved to be a great second option that can do more than just spot-up shoot, Jennings is a huge threat any given night, Gortat is a legit post option, and LeBron can do anything and everything. Spacing? Klay, Billups, LeBron, Belinelli, Jennings and Earl Clark are all above average shooters. There's no shortage of shooters here. And Defense? This team is just too strong. From help defense to man-to-man defense, this team is second to none. We have 4 plus defenders in our starting lineup alone. All that combined with the fact that LeBron hasn't lost in the first round in .. well ever? This series is over in 5.

Nice Boshani. Love the write-up.