PDA

View Full Version : which team has a better shot at making the playoffs?

eddyv7
10-06-2013, 04:09 PM
do the Lakers or do the mavericks have a better shot at the playoffs with their newly acquisitions?
and explain why

SugeKnight
10-06-2013, 04:17 PM
If I had to put money I'd say mavs

eddyv7
10-06-2013, 04:19 PM
If I had to put money I'd say mavs

it will be close but i'll say the lakers. their chemistry is going to be great this year. like yesterday even xavier henry broke out

Airevo76
10-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Pelican's.

eddyv7
10-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Pelican's.

hopefully the Evans injury ain't serious but you guys will give us competition

Mallarkey
10-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Neither. I think the Lakers have the better upside but so many ? marks with that team. Starting with the coach.

eddyv7
10-06-2013, 04:43 PM
people have to give d'antoni a shot this is his first real year

Mallarkey
10-06-2013, 04:47 PM
people have to give d'antoni a shot this is his first real year

Coaching tendencies don't really change. He ran the Lakers to the ground health-wise last year.

eddyv7
10-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Coaching tendencies don't really change. He ran the Lakers to the ground health-wise last year.

i'm still going to give him a shot this year. if he does something good we keep him and if he doesn't we'll hire some one else

Rndy
10-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Tough but I say Mavs I agree Mike D is ****ing awful for this team. The Lakers not only need to rebuild that team they need to rebuild that FO because that son needs to get put in his place. So concerned with having Power he's letting it cloud his judgement passing up on Shaw for Brown was bad enough Passing on the GOAT for Mike you deserve to lose your ****ing job.

I hope Pau gets out of there next year and joins the Bulls if the price is right couldn't ask for a better mentor for Nikola Mirotic.

If I were the Lakers I'd be in full sell mode and let Kobe sit out the season. You know they would win the number 1 pick not saying it's rigged guys! But start the Andrew Wiggins era and start it all over again. It would never happen but I'd do it.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2013, 06:30 PM
I figure Pau has a really good year, and while I don't think we will see the same Kobe again, he might contribute enough the last 3/4 of the season to make them at the very least better than the Mavs.

I really don't think either team makes it.

tredigs
10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
The Lakers offense simply isn't good enough to counter its terrible defense and thin bench. They'll have to get lucky to win 40. The Mavs have some pretty intriguing fits and could get in there, but I like the Wolves for that 8 slot.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2013, 06:39 PM
The Lakers offense simply isn't good enough to counter its terrible defense and thin bench. They'll have to get lucky to win 40. The Mavs have some pretty intriguing fits and could get in there, but I like the Wolves for that 7 slot.

fixed it for you

I hope......... (our offense will be awesome if healthy, defense needs to man up)

Mallarkey
10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I figure Pau has a really good year, and while I don't think we will see the same Kobe again, he might contribute enough the last 3/4 of the season to make them at the very least better than the Mavs.

I really don't think either team makes it.

I don't know. I'm still reluctant about D'Antonio playing Gasol in the low block. But even if he does, Pau's lost a lot of athleticism to remain as effective as before.

I think we'll see more of a pick-and-pop scenario, leaving the paint open for quick cutters like Young and Meeks. That's what they're currently running for Cris Kaman, it can't be too different for Pau.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't know. I'm still reluctant about D'Antonio playing Gasol in the low block. But even if he does, Pau's lost a lot of athleticism to remain as effective as before.

I think we'll see more of a pick-and-pop scenario, leaving the paint open for quick cutters like Young and Meeks. That's what they're currently running for Cris Kaman, it can't be too different for Pau.

If the below happens, that will not be a good thing. Pau needs to be near the basket at this stage. He has indeed lost some athleticism, but is elite in the post. Get him there

Supreme LA
10-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Of course all the Laker haters, the majority of whom claim to be right about everything concerning basketball, will say they have no shot.

This is a great way to test their credibility and see how much these guys really know about basketball when the regular season ends.

I'm especially eager to hear another one of Chronz bias responses and his projection for Kobe & the lakers.

tredigs
10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Of course all the Laker haters, the majority of whom claim to be right about everything concerning basketball, will say they have no shot.

This is a great way to test their credibility and see how much these guys really know about basketball when the regular season ends.

I'm especially eager to hear another one of Chronz bias responses and his projection for Kobe & the lakers.

Why do I feel like you wrote the same thing this time last season when certain folks (we'll call them LAKER HATERZ) didn't see contenders out of them?

What's your wins projection for LA this season?

ldawg
10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Lakers can make the playoffs but it depends on the coach and his line ups. Nash and Kobe should not start together top with Pau who is not old but not athletic. They need to mix those slow legs with the younger ones. Kobe wont be the same in such a short time. He will need over a year to truly heal and get his strength back. Him going to work on his knee again is not a good sign. Pf seem to be a sore spot for them as well, need to get creative there. I think I like Hill off the bench not a starter. Pau need a big buddy up front that can war with him, I am not a fan on the stretch 4 thing. Also cant picture Kaman and Pau together either. Lakers don't have enough talent to outscore everyone Miami, Okc, Even Houston with make them eat dust so they have to make a real effort and play defense.

Famar,Nash,Blake
Kobe,Henry,Meeks
Johnson,Young,Harris
Sacre,Hill,Williams
Pau,Kaman,Dan

2-ONE-5
10-06-2013, 09:22 PM
it will be close but i'll say the lakers. their chemistry is going to be great this year. like yesterday even xavier henry broke out

lol the Laker fan picking the Lakers. And players dont break out in the preseason, Henry stinks

Rndy
10-06-2013, 09:58 PM

Why is everyone always a hater when someone feels a team isn't as good as the fan does? Lakers are getting older and it doesn't help to have an inept coach. Who knows what is going to happen with Kobe? My guess he rushes back and isn't really that good because of it. Nick Young will win you some games but probably lose you more because of his inefficiency, bad defense, and not really passing the ball ever. Steve Nash might not have anything left. I really like the Kaman addition always a big fan of his him and Pau should be one of the better PF/C duos in the NBA. I just don't think their as good as the Mavs.

Sure they might surprise some people but I'm going to guess their defense is so bad they don't have a chance.

RipCity32
10-06-2013, 11:27 PM
I think the Mavs could make a possible run at the 7th or 8th seed. Lakers are done though in my opinion.

NetsPaint
10-06-2013, 11:38 PM
He also did this on the Knicks. Refuses to have a bigger rotation to give guys rest. He's not a good coach at all.

jstone0716
10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Really don't see the Lakers making much noise at all.. all their key players are all coming off injuries and are years past their prime. The rest of their team is just "meh". They will be lucky to break .500.

Mavs on the other hand, the more and more I look at their roster... they've put together a good team for this season. It doesn't look great on paper but it makes sense. And they have great depth and a few wild cards that could make things very interesting ( Ledo and Ellis ). Definitely see them and the T-wolves getting the 7&8 seeds.

Hellcrooner
10-07-2013, 05:45 PM
At this point Calderon > Nash,( yeah on the defensive end too...go figure...) so Ellis is in his prime and KObe coming back from injury, Pau and Dirk are about as ****ed up health wise as the other, but one team has a coach with brains and the other a coach with a moustache.

Advantage mavs.